A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S04E10: "Monstrous"

I'm confused, and I definitely mean that as a compliment, why do you ask? Confusion is the most underrated emotion in entertainment, but especially when it comes to horror. Few things are as scary or suspenseful as things that don't make sense. Like, take a look at a newspaper (what is a newspaper?) and ask yourself what's scarier: a person who gets murdered by somebody they know and for a specific reason, or a person who gets murdered by an unknown killer for no apparent reason? Or what about a person who is just a pile of guts on the sidewalk and nobody knows what happened to him or her at all? Sorry if you read that while trying to eat a Lunchable, I'm just trying to make a point about how scary unknowable threats can be. Whenever I hear people criticize a story for being "confusing," I think they're not so much mad at that work as they are unsettled by it in an existential way. There's something so dark and upsetting about now knowing the how or the why, and it's easier to get mad at the artist than to stare into that abyss, you know? Anyway, "Monstrous" was a taut and satisfying episode, but more importantly it revealed the utter pointlessness of all the murder going on in Beacon Hills these days. So... pointlessness and confusion. How do things link together? What if they don't at all? To me that's not a letdown, it's a deeply unsettling concept. I approve.

Shall we talk about "Monstrous"? Say yes.

I knew we were off to a good start when the episode began with my favorite new shirtless jerk running around getting shot with crossbows. Apparently he and a little werewolf girl in a '90s choker necklace were on the run from another gang of assassins! 

I am honestly not sure why the assassins were using crossbows with laser sights in the pouring rain, but fortunately for those of us members of the Society for the Preservation of Shirtless Hunks, a heroine with a sword was about to save a sexy life or two!

It was Kira! Back from the hospital where her mom was probably eating so much tapioca pudding and watching Seinfeld reruns. And even better, she'd apparently sharpened her sword at some point!

Meanwhile Scott got word that stuff was goin' down, so he recruited his #1 son to come hop on his motorbicycle with him.

But Liam didn't wanna go. He'd had enough of all the near-death experiences. After all, he was still a freshman. Well, a freshwolfman. Get it? You get it right? Freshwolfman. Do you get it now? Okay, just read it now and get it later, but that was a werewolf joke. Let me know if you get it. Liam was a freshwolfman. You know what, forget it.

I actually really did love this moment, mostly because I definitely related to Liam not wanting to go get murdered by nightmare creatures. Also then he marveled that Scott does this stuff all the time and asked how everybody could've survived for so long, and Scott reminded him that not everybody had. Man, I love moments like that. This show knows its legacy and refuses to sweep anything under the rug like a lot of other serials do. So good.

Meanwhile at the hospital Stiles needed another scan because of all the times he got punched in the head at Eichen House that night.

But yeah, honestly just put Mrs. McCall and Stiles in a room together and I'll immediately start getting misty. These two. Also he wanted a tape player but she kept calling it a cassette player and it was a cute moment between a teen and a grown adult disagreeing about obsolete technology. This is neither here nor there, but wouldn't it be funny if instead of a tape player she brought in a Teddy Ruxpin, like, "I just stole this from a cancer kid" or whatever? Me and my brother used to put my mom's Phil Collins tape into the Teddy Ruxpin and make him sing "Against All Odds" to us. Whoops gotta go.

Back at the Sheriff's station, Lydia and Sheriff Stilinski were comparing notes about Meredith.

They also agreed that the dead pool was probably automated at this point, so even though Meredith was in custody, tons of assassins were probably still lurking around trying to stack those bills. So to stop them they'd have to stop the money. Seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Then Scott met up with Kira at Deaton's workplace!

And there he discovered that she'd been a busy beaver and had rounded up that whole pack of Buddhist werewolves, or at least the ones that didn't die of smallpox.

Meanwhile Argent was out running errands, and he stopped by what looked like the agricultural exhibit at Epcot Center.

And look what he stole! Some yellow Wolfsbane. What was he up to? Maybe he was going to play a prank on his sister, who knows.

I liked this scene. Malia came to visit Stiles at the hospital after she'd heard what happened, and the door mysteriously locked both of them in his hospital room, and then they turned an argument about that into an argument about how he'd messed up for lying to her and he told her he missed her and all that stuff. 

And you know the rest.

Phew, they're back together. It made me sad when they broke up. I like that their relationship hasn't been too front-and-center, just sort of a casual situation where two cute and likable people dig each other a lot. I kind of don't need a splashy romance at this point, you know? 

Then Argent did that thing when you go to your own home and there's strangers there and they don't know you live there and they give you 'tude and you're like, "Um excuse me, but I live here."

So anyway here we were, back at the Argent ballistics factory. I guess Kate and her roommates moved out? I don't know. Maybe it's because there wasn't any running water which is why she'd been taking showers in the sewer. Kate is a hobo.

So then Scott ran out and convinced Argent not to murder Brett. Phew! Oh Brett, you big jerk, why don't you transfer to Beacon Hills High already? That would be fine with me. 

Meanwhile Stiles and Malia found a tape player and did some investigations of their own.

Apparently on the tape that Brunski had left behind of Lorraine Martin, there was a mysterious noise in the background. And because Malia has coyote super-hearing sensibilities, she was able to figure out that the sound was actually the banshee record player from Lydia's lake house! Bingo, dudes. That's where they had to go.

Back at the station, Lydia was trying to get Meredith to spill all her secrets, but Meredith pulled a classic Meredith move and demanded to speak to a hunk!

PETER HALE. Obviously. Because obviously. No uhhhhhh doy.

Meanwhile at the munitions factory (is that what it is?) the seasoned pros were getting ready for an invasion of assassins and Derek was NOT about to pass up the opportunity for a pep talk.

Boom. Let's do this.

Meanwhile I liked this prescient exchange between Satomi and Argent about their respective clans' reputations. Specifically how both of them need to struggle to not be murderers (the invading assassins appeared to be former hunters).

But I gotta hand it to this lady, sure her werewolves are definitely lacking in the unnecessary buffness arena, but at least none of them seem to have killed anyone yet? That's a pretty big feat, if we're being honest. Especially in Beacon Hills, where murder is more common than the sunrise. Clearly these Buddhist werewolves were onto something.

So then Peter Hale showed up to deal with the Meredith situation.

So, at first glance it seemed like Peter Hale had no idea why he'd been called in to talk to Meredith, but then she started feelin' up on his face and things started to become clear.

They had met before! Back when he was a scarred vegetable before Season 1. So at this point he had no choice but to stick his fingernail into Meredith's neck and download all the 411.

But Lydia could hear her whispering everything, so we got the full picture via flashback:

According to the flashback, at one point Meredith and Peter Hale were both in comas and shared a hospital room and formed a two-person psychic friends network and he convinced her to help him set up a dead pool! Something to do with how all monsters were weak and he wanted to have them all killed so he could start a new world order of strong monsters. Or something like that, don't come to me for facts. But another interesting thing about this was that when he rattled off the names of the assassins he wanted to hire (the Mute, the Chemist, the Blonde Twink-Hunk Who Is Probably Only Like 12 at This Point in Time), he also mentioned the Desert Wolf a.k.a. Malia's mom! So Malia's mom is an assassin! That is pretty cool right there. Anyway, yeah. Just as we thought, Meredith may be the Benefactor, but the Benefactor was merely the puppet of whatever scheme Peter Hale had set into motion all those years ago.

Meanwhile Stiles and Malia were at the boathouse listening to some vinyl because the sound quality is just better, you know?

But of course banshees have bad taste in tunes and this record was just another mess of white noise. Except, when it was turned off, Malia could still hear humming behind the wall—so next thing we knew, Stiles noticed a cable connecting the record player to something behind the wall and then this happened:

Oh THAT'S why we saw giant computers during Lydia's flashback last week. Those are the dead pool main frames! So yeah, it's an automated system for dealing with assassins! Meredith had somehow set it up to use Lorraine Martin's banshee code and then also fed the monsters' names into it and—you know what? I honestly am not even sure what exactly Meredith did or how Lorraine or Peter Hale factor in. But like I said, I don't mind not having a clear picture. I just know that it all seems kinda scary because it's this cold, automated process rather than a devious villain. So unsettling.

Speaking of unsettling, what happened next was that a gaggle of assassins arrived at Argent's old office building and started shooting indiscriminately in every direction. Classic assassin tactic!

Luckily our heroes were able to hold them off with some good, old-fashioned shootin'!

This was just your typical Teen Wolf shootout, no big deal. Guns and werewolves go together like gas station candy and my tum-tum.

So back to Peter Hale, the amusing part about this big Meredith revelation was that he didn't seem to remember making that plan with her in the first place! 

He seemed pretty surprised about it, to be honest. I guess his subconscious had done all the talking and he forgot all about it. But Meredith didn't. And that makes it especially funny that she stole all his bear bones to make it happen, and now Peter Hale just wanted his bear bones back. Or maybe he was lying, that's possible also. Especially when Sheriff Stilinski threatened to arrest him for creating a monster hit list and Peter Hale was like, "Okay, so is it against the law to create a monster hit list?" And Sheriff Stilinski realized the American Justice System probably hasn't reached that point yet. Anyway, then Peter Hale left and Meredith freaked out that they had unfinished business.

So then Stiles helped Lydia FaceTime with the computers. The main thing was they just wanted to turn them off, but Stiles wasn't sure how to do that.

But rather than look around for, I don't know, a circuit breaker or whatever, they figured out this whole thing about a secret key to the computers being kept in a wine bottle, which Lydia knew about because she once spilled wine on the carpet a million years ago and it washed out so it couldn't have been wine (I guess she didn't sip it, or maybe she did and just thinks that all wine tastes like melted popsicles). Anyway, this was insanely complicated considering they could have just thrown a pot of coffee at the computer to turn it off. But oh well. They found a key!

And just like that, the computers were turned OFF. No more dead pool. 

But the assassins at the haunted office park hadn't gotten the memo yet, and this little girl almost got SHOT. UP.

But at the last second Scott saved her life! There would be no bloody '90s choker necklaces lying on the floor this day. On the downside, he lost control of his temper and started morphing into this thing:

Just kidding, this was not a downside, it was an AWESOMESIDE. Scott might be turning into the CGI creature that Peter Hale used to be! Oh, glorious day. Yes. Yes, please. That would be amazing. What if the season finale was Scott turning into a CGI monster and all next season was about preventing him from eating Blockbuster Videos? I'm there, guys.

Anyway, THEN the assassins all got texts from the Dells (which send texts even after they've been shut down) informing them that the dead pool was finito.

And then our heroes breathed a sigh of relief, stepped over all the dead bodies, and headed out to Dave 'n Busters for a relaxing night of jalapeño poppers and skee-ball. Because they DESERVED it.

Even though Meredith had put a plan of mass murder into action, everybody was being pretty chill about it. Like in this scene, where Lydia just wanted to know why she'd done it and Meredith answered that it was because she realized she needed to murder all the monsters after a bunch of them killed Allison and Lydia had screamed about it. In her mind, all monsters were bad news, including banshees. So, at least she meant well?

But all Lydia had to do was point out that certain monsters, like specifically Scott, didn't go around murdering people normally, and in fact sometimes saved a lot of lives. Meredith immediately realized she'd been moded and then totally backtracked. She now seemed to regret trying to murder dozens of people using stolen bear bones and old Dells.

Meanwhile in the sewer, Kate Argent and Peter Hale had a pow-wow.

And then he confirmed what we already suspected: He WAS trying to murder Scott. This played into Meredith's earlier claim that Peter Hale was the true alpha (which was either a prediction for the future, or just one of Meredith's silly yammerings). But yeah, even though Peter Hale may not necessarily have wanted the dead pool to happen, it seemed to be working out in his favor anyway. I guess sometimes our subconscious minds AREN'T dumb idiots? Peter Hale should write his a thank-you note. So yeah, this officially ends the reign of Helpful Peter and ushers in a new era of Evil Peter. I think I liked it better when Peter Hale was working with the good guys, but who am I kidding, Peter Hale is great either way. I'm excited.

"Monstrous" was a very good episode of a season that's proving to be surprisingly weird and off-beat. Again, not a complaint, only an in-progress assessment. Because this season is definitely weird so far! Very into it.

OK BYE

QUESTIONS

... Do you believe Peter Hale's claim that he didn't intentionally start the dead pool?

... Does Meredith owe a lot of apologies to dead monsters?

... Should the Buddhist werewolves offer to clean up Argent's factory?

... Have you ever woken up with a double eye infection and decided to go on national TV anyway?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

775 Comments
Comments (775)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
like every episode, it never fails to leave me the most bloody confused - no one is ever dead! i wonder if this means that other people who've been knocked off will somehow come back through some weird necromancer thingy.......
also, since Meredith has been involved in this thing for like, forever, then i wonder how old she is actually?? that's some serious non-ageing gift. also, I pretty much brace every episode for the psychos that just appear every episode, but i so wasn't expecting old characters to go back down that path. :'( i was really liking peter :(((( even though I liked Peter Hale either way, i just definitely liked him better as being good.
Flag
I wanted Scott to go full CGI beast!!! anyways hope to see that in the future
Flag
I'm not sure I would like Scott being a CGI werewolf. As it seems like this is the form when you've lost your humanity.

I'm so ready for tonights episode. It seems like forever since last Sunday. Make sure your friends are watching because watching the previews makes this one look like a good one.
Flag
What I still don't get is:

a) How and when did Meredith hide the automatided system machine into those lake house's walls.

b) Why would she hide its key on a bottle of wine instead of taking it with her or hiding it somewhere else (somewhere that wasn't Lydia's family propierty, somewhere afar from the "crime scene"). And I don't get perfectly how Lydia made such a connection between the wine spot on the carpet-the wine that wasn't wine-Meredith-the key.

Can anybody throw some light on this? Thank you! :)
Flag
It had to have been Lydia's grandmother who put the computer there -- didn't Lydia say she worked for IBM? She would have also been the one to hide the key, too. But I still don't know why she set it up in the first place.
Flag
Brunski probably did it.
Flag
The wine wasn't wine... I think I have the answer for this. I don't actually remember Mason's reaction, but I'm sure that he said that he will come back to help... And didin't come back. I think that was beacuse he wasn't seeing the spot - because there wasn't any spot. It was only a banshee hint for Lydia.
Back then I was suprised why was the wine there - I mean, why would Mason bring two glasses? Or Lydia? What? Well, now I know. They didn't. There was no wine. Only a banshee.
And it was hint... For what? I think she didn't know for sure. But they had to check - it meant something and they had to find out what.
Flag
So you're saying that only Lydia could see the wine spot? I think I have to watch that scene again, because I don't get anything xD Thank you btw!
Flag
I think so. I'm not really sure.
Flag
Yes! Yes! Yes! Scott, go CGI!!!

I hope he'll look cool!

Like I didn't like The Wolfman movies' version of a werewolf. It looked more like a monkey or bigfoot (or a shih tzu puppy at best) but not like a wolf at all.

I like it when they have a longer snout, like actual wolves!
My favorite CGI werewolf was the one from Van Helsing! &3
Scott should look more like that! &3

Flag
Well keep in mind in they're getting a bigger budget for Season 5 so maybe this could happen ;)
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
OMG, if he looks like that when he goes full Alpha, it will be the most awesome moment ever!!!
Flag
And also someone tell me what happened to the Mexicans

Flag
The most likely guess is that they'll show up in the season finale as a clifhanger.
Flag
So it seems to me like Scott is becoming "The Alpha" but unintentionally. And Peter Hale is really cheesed off about this, which is kind of a throwback to season 3 and the Darach when PetePete stopped her from getting to the tree and was all "I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE ALPHA!!" And then when Scott was half dead a few episodes ago or whatever he was killing people. And just now he started turning into some wacky animal, just like Peteman used to do! So once again Scott is being targeted for something he didn't mean to do. As always.
Flag
Peter just needs to take out Satomi, inherit her alpha powers. He gains an instant pack and then he can train them to be real monsters...then Scott and co. would have something to fight against for next season...=P
Flag
I would like to see that but tbh we would just go back to season 1. It would feel only right for Peter to die, its a bitter sweet ending imo.
Flag
Don't judge me. I think Peter Hale may be dying on season finale.
Not that it's something I want to see happening.
Flag
I think so too, but will he die again? And once and for all? I don't know, I love his character, he's always surprising me in a good way.
Flag
Not liking where the end is going. If you have seen the short interview with "Kira" on another TW site. She says "People are going to cry. We are going to be sad" "There are going to be a lot of twists and I think people are going to be really surprised" This is about the finale.

Flag
Steady on, there. You know TW enough to realize in 2 episodes they can turn the whole season upside down. Relax. Breathe. Let it happen. :D
Flag
I read this as well and it really had me wondering...and feeling kind of worried. More and more people are saying that they think Derek will die. I would have been okay with that last season (I have a back and forth like/dislike thing with Derek). But I'm really liking him this season, possibly because we have gotten to see him be so vulnerable and still rising above his vulnerabilities to be a hero. I would hate to see him die. These two episodes can't come fast enough.
Flag
I was wondering why no one else was wondering who the berserkers might be. Think about it...who's missing?
Flag
I've been wondering about the Berserkers for some time and wondering how the hell Kate got control of them. Before we really got to know Parrish, I thought he might be one of them. If Danny is somehow a Berserker, I'd feel bad since I really like Danny. But that still wouldn't explain why no one has mentioned him at all this season.
Flag
the berserkers are berserkers. Not danny or any other person you think is missing.
Flag
But berserkers are supposed to be people who have basically gone wild. Not sure that they are anyone we know though.
Flag
Got a bad feeling about a Peter and Sheriff showdown coming. Third time could end up being bad for one of the two.
Flag
Definitely foreshadowing the Sheriff at least trying to kill Peter.
Flag
Price, I loooove your photo recaps and keep telling everybody about them!

Is it just me, or did Stiles really have blue eyes in one of your screencaps?

As someone that is truly o'bsessed with Dylan O'Brien, I know he normally has amber brown eyes.
Is this due to some modifications of the image, or a noticable thing, knowing the meta community is quite convinced there's something going on with him/being "the spark" etc.

Please end my sleepless nights!
Flag
Since that thing on Season 1, I've been hoping that Stiles were some kind of warlock or at least had some magic in him, which would be growing slowly through the seasons, like Lydia's banshee powers did, but I'm afraid that the time for the writers to do that is running out :/
Flag
Why I like the revelation of the Benefactor.

It ties back to some classic stories about the responsibility of watching your words. In particular St. Thomas a Becket and King Richard II. The archbishop of Canterbury was murdered on holy ground due to the King expressing frustration at him and some low level knights thinking it was an order to kill.

It fits into some modern stories about systems that run amok. The banality of evil where bureaucrats target groups of people that the leaders have animosity toward and the people who carry out the orders are 'just following orders'. The compartimentalization of murder into motivation, planning, and execution. (We already saw this in the episode about the American concentration camp for Japanese descent americans.)

And finally it fits in to the previous story line of the Kanima. The kanima killed people driven by a petty and irrational Matt. Evil does not have to come from a criminal mastermind plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!! That makes it far more realistic.
Flag
Yeaaa! Finally Scott reminds us that he is not a poodle, but a werewolf. Awesome episode, although it looks kind of strange for so many werewolves to be pacifists.
Flag
Satomi, who can obviously kick ass, is a Buddhist and I guess she's been a strict, non-violent alpha for sometime. I think that all of her betas have very nearly been brainwashed by her (in the first scene Brett and the girl just stood there in the football field waiting to be killed; later on the girl stood there and waited to die). Maybe after all this dead pool madness, Satomi will actually teach her betas how to fight.
Flag
Got to say, in support of Poodles, that they're not the ditsy little cowards you think they are. Maybe your experience has been with the lap dog (toy) variety, but get yourself in front of a Standard or a Miniature protecting its people, and you have a dog to be reckoned with. Let's stop the denigration of poodles. Thank you.
Flag
I think poodle is an apt description for Scott. He's tough but hasn't always been tough enough to do serious damage. The couple of poodles I've known in my life were like that :P This is, of course, just my personal experiences that I'm drawing from.
Flag
Are you suggesting a subtitle for TW: Call of the Wild Poodle?
Flag
Oh hell no lol
Flag
does anybody know where to watch/get 'Wolf Watch' online?
Flag
thanks
Flag
http://www.mtv.com/shows/teen_wolf/teen-wolf-season-4-ep-10-wolf-watch/1730419/playlist/#id=1730419
Flag
I haven't checked this week, but it's eventually posted on MTV's website along with the After After Show. I'm not sure if there are any regional restrictions.
Flag
So Peter doesn't give a fuck about Malia for starters because he technically said Go kill yourself but not in those words but in these "I want you to kill Kate Argent" seriously Peter why tf you gotta be so damn hott I really wanna hate you for not caring for your own flesh and blood and for planning to kidnap Scira. I don't want Scott getting hurt tbh but wtf does Kira have to do with it? They took Kira too. An innocent girl who doesn't know wth is going on probably doesn't even know Scott's gonna have to die to give Peter what he wants and they drag her in this mess. Argent, Derek, Braeden and Malia are gonna go try help save Scott too that's why Derek appeared dead in the midseason trailer. So Peter wants to become Alpha then kill Kate because of those 2 Berserkers because he wants to have the most power. Noone seems to get the fact that roaring makes them stop and that their stomachs are not covered in bones -__- and they've gotta got a weakness probably attached to Kate because from where she's taking her daily showers she probably smells like them ughh I love Kira but seriously she gotta use that electricity or lightning and thunder thing she has and leave the sword for later -__-

R.I.P Peter & Kate although I know you gonna die you still got me fucked up because the trailer is so intense. I love Ian and Jill and wish they weren't villains so they could stay :'(. Its been a real pleasure
More+
Flag
I don't believe Peter made the deadpool on purpose, and I thought Sheriff Stilinski and the others assuming he was the baddie was kind of stupid.. it's not different than somebody getting mad and thinking about killing somebody in a fit of rage.. it's not like they've done anything. but I don't really like Peter Hale being the baddie all the time, I like him enough to be an anti-hero who is just not going out of his way to not let bad things happen. some comic relief now and then.

the whole Lydia and the wine thing made absolutely no sense.. maybe she wasn't really drinking wine and she was just picking up on some Banshee vibe and she assumed she was drinking wine because she sensed her grandmother put a key in the bottle? that made some kind of sense atleast.
Flag
It's experience rather than assumption telling the Sheriff that Peter is a bad guy.
Flag
maybe so, but in this particular case, he was innocent of what he was being accused of.
Flag
Tricky point -- Peter had the thoughts about destroying all the supes and recreating the world in his image. He tried a variation of this in Season 1 and killed his own sister to get the alpha power. This is more a shade of grey, because he didn't consciously create the Deadpool, yet he was the force behind its creation through Meredith.
Flag
It is not even remotely close to season 1... Peter clearly wanted other supernaturals alive - For example Lydia...

That's what makes the whole thing even dumber
Flag
1. Yes. He cares way too much about his bear bones to make an elaborate plan to have them stolen. Plus he needs to kill Scott himself.
2. Nah. She's moderately crazy and it wasn't even her idea. She was just trying to wipe the slate clean. I think Peter's subconscious should say sorry though. Good news is that if she does want to apologise, she can talk to deal people, which makes it a lot easier.
3. Better not, because they'd go looking for cleaning supplies in the safe and get all yellow wolfsbane'd.
4. Too many times. Wait. I'm thinking of something else.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Benefactor thing. I kind of like it being Meredith and that you can only be a little mad at her because she's crazy. Even Peter can wriggle his way out of responsibility. But there are a lot of things that should've been better explained.
Pretty sure Brunski could creep his way around, steal some bear bones and cash them without being caught, and make mix tapes to hide in peoples gym bags and cars. I'm not sure if/how he got Kate to go on a quest to steal Derek, fetus-ise him, find and open the vault, just to get to the safe.... but whatever. I also don't know how he could access the computer from behind the wall...did it have wifi?
So he dies and the computer goes automatic and wirelessly prints the list around BH...of course. The wine was like magic marker fluid that's red until it touches white carpet, then it turns invisible. Obviously.
Also unsure how Brunski/Meredith knew where to find the assassins to gift them mix tapes, like is there a bar the Mute and the Orphans like to hang out in? Probably.
I'm sure there were other things that I didn't get, but if I can't remember them they mustn't have annoyed me too much.

When Lydia was all 'the ashes weren't ashes, the study isn't a study, the record player isn't a record player...' it made me think of Scott and Deaton in s3 with the 'When is a door not a door?' TW loves the jokes and riddles!
I'm not too familiar with 70's computers but I don't think turning the key turned off the mainframe, I think it just unlocked it (maybe a USB port even popped out) because there was an off button next to it...and they had to unlock it, google 70's computers and then flip the right switches to shut down the deadpool on the tape drives.

Liam is adorable.
More+
Flag
Also unsure how Brunski/Meredith knew where to find the assassins to gift them mix tapes, like is there a bar the Mute and the Orphans like to hang out in? Probably.

Assassins-R-Us.com???
Flag
Teddy Ruxpin singing 'Against All Odds.' I will never stop laughing.
Flag
I'm actually hoping that Meredith dies by season's end :P She should kill herself for real this time. :P
Flag

... Do you believe Peter Hale's claim that he didn't intentionally start the dead pool?
I actually do, why would he attempt to get the truth from Meredith in front of everyone if he did actually start the dead pool
She really does. I wish they had attempted to get closer to Meredith far sooner- once they discovered she was a banshee who could actually use her poweres (unlike Lydia); they shoud've jumped at the chance to induct her into the gang. She's not mentally instable enough to not understand that killing dozens of people is wrong.
Haha yes.
... Have you ever woken up with a double eye infection and decided to go on national TV anyway?
I'm lost.

Anyway, I'm totally done with this show. The only reason I've continued to watch it is because one recap of Price Peterson's convinced me to. But after season 4 I'm out. There are gigantic plot holes, stupid storylines and things that just don't add up (not just this episode). I don't want to feel like a naysayer or harsh critic whenever I watch an episode.

I think Liam is the smartest citizen of Beacon Hills. I was pretty dissapointed at how Malia forgave Stiles so easily. I thought she was going to team up with Peter and battle the gang out in the season finale and maybe beyond. That would've been so cool.
More+
Flag
Might be me but i like derek better when he has his wolf powers, he gave a lil speech about going all bat shit crazy on the assassins to give them and every one else a message but i have like derek more in seasons past because his part was bigger i guess. So in other words can derek please, for every thing that is holy have is wolfness back so he can be big brother to the teens again?????
Flag
I've seen the episode again and maybe I'm alone in this, but I'd rather have had Peter knowingly be the Benefactor than this story they've come up with. Thank you all for trying to clear up some of the issues I had with this episode. I really did need a few things explained about this ep. And I don't see it as me trying to dig too deep or me expecting too much from a tv show. Teen Wolf has always been smartly written but there have been a few gaffes from time to time.

I can't wait to see these last two episodes! I'm so excited. Other than Peter, the most exciting thing about the newest promo is Argent!
Flag
The unpredictability is so strong in this show that it's like no other, i'ts so NOT cliche. That's why it's one of my favourite show I mean, I don't remember a real love triangle f.e.
Flag
There was an obvioius Stiles-Lydia-Jackson as far as triangles go.
And it's hinted we're going the other way with Malia-Stiles-Lydia as well
Flag
Scott, Allison, and Isaac came close. But they were just as close to a menage.
Flag
Yes I believe that Peter didn't know about the deadpool. He didn't tell Meredith, or anyone else, anything. She took it all out of his head.
Flag
I really liked how they transformed scott into his proper alpha form
Flag
I agree with Price, it's the unpredictability that's what make this season is soooo good!
Flag
that was a little scary.
Flag
As it's been often of late, this episode was really entertaining while I watched it but kind of awful when I started to think about it afterwards... :(

With that almost perfect ending of last weeks episode, a suddenly very coherent Meredith stepping out of the shadows revealing she created the list, they had so much to work with and I could hardly contain myself for this weeks episode. But my did they drop the ball, they could have made her in a character like The Joker from The Dark Knight, very much insane, very much a genius and it would have been awesome. They trying to stop the deadpool and she just playing with them.
Instead we got this hot mess that just gets worse and worse the more you think on it. From expectations of getting maybe the best episode to date to getting maybe the most illogical and underwhelming episode so far makes me sad.
Flag
Now that you mention it, yeah why does Meredith get to be loopy one moment and then coherent the next? Is there some on/off switch we've yet to discover? Personally if I went to the salon and came back with that kinda hair atop my head I'd be full on crazy 24/7
Flag
Schizophrenia is like that, and also manic depression (now called bi-polar disorder).
Flag
Stop trying to think like a critic and enjoy while you watch
Flag
As I said, I did enjoy it while I watched, I enjoyed it a lot! But I also used to enjoy trying to figure out what comes next and how things fit together after watching an episode but all that just fell apart with this awfully written episode.
Flag
Weird question - how long has Peter actually been working with Kate? Did they genuinely just start working together in the sewers the other week, or has it been longer than that?

I.e. did he somehow manage to get her to kidnap Derek so that he could steal his powers?

Also, she seemed to know at least some of his plan from this week's episode. That seems odd to me - that he'd trust her to that level. Are we assuming that he's told her a fake plan with just enough truth to manipulate her into the right place at the right time?

Still want to know who attacked Malia and Kira in the desert in ep 1 this season.
Flag
I don't remember seeing a berserker in the desert, but I remember Malia at the school afterward with Peter and Scott catching the scent from the desert and realising it was the smelly smell of a berserker.
Flag
Most likely, the person attacking Kira and Malia in the first episode was Malia's mom.

Flag
It was a bezerker
Flag
You saw the bezerker behind the rock wen kira used her sword to reflect the light of the headlights of stiles jeep
Flag
Could be, just re watched it to and it's really hard to see... But are Bezerkers really the types to hide behind rocks, stealth really don't seem like there thing?
Flag
Just remember Kate is controlling them maybe she didn't want the bezerker to kill them maybe it was there to watch them
Flag
Really? That would definitely stop me wondering. I'll have to take another look at that scene. Thanks!
Flag
I just re watched the part and I am almost certain it was a bezerker
Flag
No problem
Flag
Yes I really don't get this at all. Kate and Peter seem to be working a long game and it seems to have been going on for a while with them moving "pieces" to the right place for the end result of killing Scott. At the same time the benefactor, i.e. comatose Peter from the past/Meredith not seeming capable of much at all/a mercy killing janitor, tricks Kate to break in to the Hale vault so he/she/they/it can get all the Hales money to finance the deadpool? It just doesn't make sense...
Flag
  1. There are two more episodes to provide answers and pose more questions for season 5.
  2. This series is not written to have every mystery wrapped up in 42 minutes every week. It's a serial and relies on its parts to tell the whole tale.
  3. Additionally, this isn't "real life" but a reflection of it. You check your disbelief at the door when you tune in.
  4. In this world, "evil" is more complicated than either good or bad. Which in a lot of ways makes it more "real life" than many of the shows out there.
  5. Relax, enjoy the last two episodes if you can, then complain if you want. ;)
Flag
They didn't tell us who attacked them, but now I think it's The desert wolf... They were in the desert after all. And they talk about her too much to make me think that she is not connected to the story somehow - except being Malia's mom. There is something more.
Flag
I was thinking the same! I really hope Malia's mum is badass and all kinds of awesome!
Flag
I was wondering about that. I was also wondering if it was Peter stalking Malia for a while. It seemed at the time like we were supposed to assume that it was Kate (and or the berserkers) but we never saw whoever it was...
Flag
A little disappointed they didn't go full on villain with Meredith. Last week's reveal was pretty cool, it was good use of a classic detective story twist, and her origin story had almost a comic book supervillain vibe to it, but I wish she'd had a better motive than "just wanting to help", "starting over" (by killing everyone? cue confusion) and being crazy. And then suddenly realizing she's wrong because, oh, right, Scott's a good guy. I did like the Peter thing, finding out he was her inspiration, but I'd just have liked the benefactor to be a little... well, more up to the hype.
I don't know, I have to admit I'm super confused about this storyline in general (but Price says it's a good thing, so whatever I guess). Don't really care about the stuff like the power bill though. The day you start nitpicking about that kind of stuff is the day you stop enjoying Teen Wolf.

Flag
I was literally thinking the same thing about Brett transferring to Beacon Hills! I'm so excited to see you on Wolf Watch next week!!!! I just heart you so much lol. Another great review from a great writer! And on a side note, I couldn't even tell you had an eye infection cause you're just so darn cute!
Flag
Yes! I got around to watching Wolf Watch and they showed the "bonus scene", and I actually cheered when Lydia screamed, lol. I've been waiting for her to do her scream again for a long time.

Flag

Really, Price? Really? My incredulity knows no bounds. I don't even know where to start with this statement. Danny, mourning Allison's death, Isaac being gone, Jackson in London, the aftermath of the Nogitsune, the aftermath of Erica and Boyd's death. Wow. I could just keep going.
Flag
Danny, really? That's ridiculous. He's not even a secondary character. Why on earth would Scott and the rest care about him? They barely knew each other, even if they played on the Lacrosse team. I think, it's okay not to mourn openly (and they did this last season), but Allison surely won't be forgotten. I'm not under the impression, that her death got sweapt under the rug.
As for Isaac, his absence was explained and why would they keep lamenting about it with all that's going on? For heaven's sake, the kids are trying to stay alive and are hunted by a bunch of hired killers. I don't know, but I wouldn't sit around moping about the people who went away and have no part in my life anymore. That's the way it goes. Out of sight, out of mind.
I'm with Price on this one. Scott did acknowledge Allison's death and seemed deeply troubled about it. Poor Liam doesn't know much and under these circumstances, I wouldn't have told the kid anything, Liam was rattled enough as it was. And it would have been really over the top, if Scott had started crying on his shoulder.
The cast moved on as have the actors playing those roles. And Danny might come back. If he does, they'll explain it to us, until then, I'm not missing him (at all). There are plenty more interesting things happening on TW right now, that I don't sit around wondering where all the shirtless hunks went off to.
More +
Flag
For all we know, Danny spent the semester abroad -- maybe in France, with Isaac.

As for not everyone having survived this long, I don't think it was just Allison the Scott was referencing. Boyd, Erica, and Aiden were all casualties in one way or another.
Flag
I absolutely agree on the Danny front. However, I find it interesting that everyone has focused on Danny. The lack of mourning over Allison, Isaac simply vanishing without any of the characters inquiring about this ( for god's sake, he lived with Scott. At the the very least, Melissa would have had a fit). The point of my comment was that, in fact, Teen Wolf has actually swept EVERYTHING under the rug, including any sadness/and or/ mourning over Erica and Boyd. I've actually stopped watching this mess, but I still read the recap here, and the review on the a.v. club. I can't believe anyone is still invested in this. Sadly, for at least three years, this was my favorite show on tv.

Flag
I do agree some characters were disposed off kind of quickly, but this is not just a TW thing, it's a trend in shows that have a high death count. Some people will tell you that when you've had so many deaths/disappearances in a show you can't spend two long dwelling on them or you don't go anywhere with the plot, and they wouldn't be wrong. Though I do think Isaac COULD have gotten a proper mention (just five minutes, guys) instead of the writers assuming the audience is just going to connect the dots and move on.
And I don't think Allison's death was treated that callously, the episode just after was pretty heart-wrenching, and her name was a password for the deadpool this season.

On a side note, if you watch a lot of UK shows you get used to this phenomenon: actors rotate like crazy and it's not rare to see all of the leads replaced by new characters one by one through the seasons (Being Human, Misfits, etc). A TV show is a big commitment and young actors find new gigs all the time. I imagine sometimes it's hard for the writers to keep up.
More +
Flag
Apart from Jackson, the rest were supporting cast. If the show went into every little detail about their lives it probably wouldn't even have lasted till today
Flag
Danny, though. I don't think taking two minutes to explain why an important secondary character (and a fan favourite) suddenly vanished into space is "going into every little detail about his life".
Flag
The Danny issue is troubling for me. I don't understand it at all especially since they've had the ability to address it within scenes. Especially when coach was mentioning who wasn't back.
They could have at least said he had moved or graduated early.
Flag
I really want to believe there's going to be a good reason for this and that it will all make sense next season (everyone was mind-controled? Danny is a time traveler? S4 happened in an alternate reality? I dunno, thank god I don't write the show).
Flag
And if Danny is coming back next season as JD claims, how will they explain his absence and return??
Flag
Agreed.

Also, how could they have him make that huge reveal in the season 3B finale and then NOT go further with it? That's a helluva storyline right there. How much does Danny know? How long has he known? What is he? What's his connection to everything?

Come on. Get it together show.
Flag
Yes. If he started the dead pool, he'd make sure it wasn't with his money, and he would be more strategic about who was on it—like, not his daughter who can be the start of his superstrong supers vision, and not the true alpha he wants to kill for his powers.

She can psychically apologize to them, because she has powers like that.

Whoever didn't do the fighting is on cleanup duty. It's just like Thanksgiving dishes.

Only if I were as cute as Price Peterson could I do this, and who is? Not me.
Flag

So. Much. Perfection.
Flag
"I honestly am not even sure what exactly Meredith did or how Lorraine or Peter Hale factor in. But like I said, I don't mind not having a clear picture."

Price, I don't think anyone would think any less of you if you admitted that even Teen Wolf makes mistakes. This storyline was honestly weak and I can admit that but still admit that I love this show. I still can't believe that Meredith was smart enough to work those computers.
Flag
HECK YES!
I don't understand why some people insist that everything has to be 100% perfect. It's like it's some massive cults and you are not allowed to mention any flaws in it.

There's nothing wrong in giving them credit where credit is due, still liking it overall but admitting that certain things, like this entire plot line made no sense what so ever.
Flag
From reading so many comments, I've come to the conclusion that a few people, such as Price, can't admit that this episode (and Meredith's entire storyline) are flawed. But for the most part, most people truly seem okay with the storyline. I'm not pleased with Meredith's and Peter's connection but it's not the first time that something annoying has happened on Teen Wolf. I hope these last two episodes are amazing and will push these Benefactor thoughts out of my mind.
Flag
Or cash the 'bear bones'? The basic logic behind bearer bonds is that whoever bears them (ie holds them in their hands) can exchange them for cash at a bank, (and not just any bank will accept them as they may not be equipped to verify they are legit) especially when dealing with millions... Also, you need to provide name, address and social security number and the IRS gets informed immediately... Are we supposed to believe Meredith turned up at a bank in Beacon Hills and said, here, wanna cash my 100 Millions and put them into this bank account? Bearer Bonds ended up being used to evade tax and for money laundering so Meredith bearing them would be nothing short of VERY suspicious!
Flag
Maybe she got Brunski to do all that stuff... He did say she used him to help make the deadpool a thing.
Flag
But it goes so much more than that...

Even assuming she had the money, how did she hand it over?
Wire transfers don't leave paper trails? That's absurd.
She wasn't paying with cash only (as was clear by the phone messages the teen assassins got).

And then she started recruiting and changing the contracts by having the printers all over town start mass printing the list, and either they had no instructions on how to contact the Benefactor and collect the money which is dumb (how would new people get in on the deadpool?), or they did and the Sheriff couldn't use the same info to trace it back?

None of this makes any sense.
Flag
Possible but really anyone turning up with dozens of millions of bearer bonds in this day and age is going to be questioned about how they got that money (banks have responsibility to report potential money laundering etc.) and Brunski as a low level employee at a mental hospital would need quite the story to get the cash I think.
Look, ultimately as TW viewers we believe in teen werewolves and the weirdest supernatural things so I can see that to nit pick at bearer bonds (or rather bear bones) is a bit silly ....
Flag
That is what they're asking us to believe... It would have been more believable for any other character to have been the Benefactor, cashing the bearer bonds, forming a hit list and controlling the computers than it is to believe that Meredith is responsible. But since this is a show about werewolves and other creatures, I'm trying to move on now...
Flag
True, if banshes, werewolves, kanimas and so on can co-exist in TW's Beacon Hills why not bank tellers who accept millions in 'bear bones' from Meredith?
Flag
Fenris, it's a nice effort, but despite the fact there are loads of other loopholes

The Sheriff (or was it Lydia) actually said that Meredith was *blackmailing* Brunsky. Presumably with the killing tapes.

So not likely that mind control was involved.
Flag
I'm assuming that Meredith has actual mind-control powers; it's a fair interpretation of Brunksi's last words, and it covers some of the excess plot weirdness- like how to get a bank to launder all that money.

I like to think that's also the explanation for the printouts: there was no computer hacking, it was just Meredith making people print this stuff out, and then forget they'd done it.

(Why, yes, I do grasp at lots of straws trying to explain this episode!)

They never mentioned what happened to the leftover bear bones, did they? It'd be kind of funny if Brunski was the only one who knew the password, and now the Hale fortune is locked in a Swiss bank account forever.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag

Yeah, and I'm suspecting I'm the only one who wants Peter and Kate to have hot hate sewer sex
Flag
Mmmmmmm I got time for dat.
Flag
I have to disagree with Price: I don't like CGI wolves
Flag
Okay, I think I kinda' sorta' figured out the computer mess.

Lorraine broke a very fragile Meredith trying to figure out her abilities. But then she suddenly "sees" a lot of supernaturals being killed by assassins in the future, the same time that her granddaughter is awoken to her banshee abilities. So she programs all the names in the computer and connects it to the record player so that Lydia can save as many of the supernaturals as possible.

Brunski knew about Lorraine from Eichen House. He even killed her in the soundproof room in the lake house and may have even known about the computer from her.

Meredith connected to Peter in the hospital. After all, we already know that Peter (and perhaps other supernaturals) can communicate with banshees, especially when they're in a comatose state. She downloaded Peter's plan and blackmailed Brunski to help her carry it out. And Brunski, being a serial killer and psycho already, doesn't mind doing it. And since he knows the about the computer, he hijacks it's program and uses it to distribute the dead pool once the primary assassins are eliminated.

Since the lake house is only used occasionally, he can sneak in and out to cover up his tracks. And since it is being used occasionally, Lydia's mother doesn't pay too close attention to the power bill.

If I think along these lines, the computer/Meredith/benefactor makes sense. It is afantastic concept, but the follow through of this plan was not well thought out.
More+
Flag
Thank you for this explanation because even after rewatching the episode, and as much as I love Teen Wolf, I'm still disappointed by this entire scenario. But you've made it make sense.
Flag
I like what you are saying and think you're most likely right. I think way too many people get hung up on stupid facts like, why didn't they notice the electric bill! Like really people? If you're going to ask that then you could ask a half a million other questions about this show like, "why can Derek be stabbed right through his heart like a bazillion times but an Arrow from the Argents can supposedly kill him? Why does Scott's mom live in a huge house that's out of her financial reach, when there's only two people living there (three when Isaac was crashing there)? Seriously??? There's so many stupid, hard to believe crap on this show but for f**ks sake! it's a show about human beings who grow claws, Elvis Presley sideburns when they get pissed off! Really, the unexplained electric bill is the one thing that's really burning your a$$hole about the show? It's called fiction! It's not supposed to be real or make sense all the god damn time! How boring would a scene between Lydia and her mom discussing mystery charges on their electric bill be? If you are going to keep questioning every little thing and trying to find logic, on a show about f$&king werewolves, then maybe this isn't t the right genre for you! Go watch little house on the Prairie or something ! For $h!ts sake!
More +
Flag
why can Derek be stabbed right through his heart like a bazillion times but an Arrow from the Argents can supposedly kill him?
Poison would be a good guess. Those arrows are made by people who specifically hunt wolves.

Why does Scott's mom live in a huge house that's out of her financial reach, when there's only two people living there (three when Isaac was crashing there)?
It's either a family heirloom or of huge sentimental value. There isn't much point to her selling the house for no reason just because she split up with her ex husband. She could possibly remarry some day and either have more kids or get some from her new husband Brady bunch style.

Even in her current financial state, Scott's mom seems to be keeping up with the bills relatively, so selling the house as a last effort isn't needed (yet).

That stuff is really easy to answer and doesn't requires any real effort as far as suspension of disbelief to go with.

On the other hand, the fact that Meredith and\or Brunsky based their entire thing based solely on the ramblings that Peter left in Meredith's mind - while it had nothing to do with that computer is absurd.
Even if they needed a computer for some reason, why use this one that is in someone else's house entirely and they could walk in on you at any moment and mess things up? They could have just taken the computer when the house was empty just like they sealed up the wall.
More +
Flag
I forgot to add that people keep complaining about the computers being behind the wall and people don't understand how they were turned on, am I the only one who remembers how it was that Stiles found the computers? There was a wire, connected to the record player that was then , being fed through the wall. Obviously, the record player was used to somehow communicate with the computer. It's wasn't just a record player, Lydia said it herself, "the ashes weren't ashes, the record player wasn't a record player so why would the wine be the wine?"
Flag
"You can ask an audience to believe the impossible, but not the improbable."
Flag
If you have seen the preview that was shown monday night. Near the end, we hear a voice say something like, don't be afraid. Is that Peter; it sort of sounds like him but it sounds younger maybe.

Can someone explain to me why people are making such a fuss of the Sheriff pulling his gun. Peter had just assaulted a Deputy and stuck his claws in the back of Meredith's head, (Ill get back to this). Of course he's going to draw on Peter. Are you people insane.

So I thought only alphas could pull the little fingers in your brain trick!!! Where are you guys complaining about this.
Flag
He drew on Peter twice: once after Peter tossed Parrish aside, and afterward when they all learned the truth. Hence, the fuss.
Flag
Peter did the brain trick as a beta before - with Isaac. Although it didn't work very well. However, his powers were (allegedly) considerably less back then and Isaac wasn't a banshee who had already mentally imprinted on him. It makes sense that with his additional powers and his already existing connection to a character who has freaky mental abilities that he'd be able to pull off a more full on mind meld.
Flag
Jeez. You are right; I had forgotten all about that episode.
Flag
And don't forget that he also did this trick on Scott and Lydia when they went into void-Stiles' mind.

I guess it's one of those "once you learn it you never forget it" tricks.
Flag
@wolffanatic, MarianaO & ocdaddomg

Y'all are right. I just re-watched that part of the episode and Peter only helped Scott enter Stiles' and Lydia's mind. I guess whenever I see Peteron the screen, he takes up my entire attention away from everybody else. lol
Flag
that was definitely Scott with Stiles and Lydia
Flag
I think he just talked Scott through how to do it, because he was the one who grabbed Lydia and called out to her when it looked like she was in difficulty.

And there were only two hands - Scott had one set of claws in Stiles' neck and the other in Lydias.
Flag
No, I'm fairly sure Peter did it, because Scott and Lydia went into Stiles' mind. I'll re-watch that episode again to make sure. But that's why Lydia had to tell Peter Malia's name.
Flag
Scott is the one who did the trick to Stiles and Lydia. Peter was just there to teach him how to do it and help Lydia while she was "in there" in exchange for Malia's name.
Flag
I have the strange ability to remember many things that concern Isaac Lahey. It's a weird super power, but I'm not complaining.
Flag

Ok now I read the recap and Price I love that you always pull some old ass toy, music or style reference from the 80's/90's out! Thanks for letting me relive my days of trying to make Teddy Ruxspin act like anything other than, Teddy Ruxspin and those glorious chokers I rocked back in the days whe Nev Cambell was the $h!t and The Craft, was the best supernatural thing going.

THEORY TIME::::

last week I guess that Peter and Meridith met in the hospital and I was right so here's my new theory. During Meridith and Peters confrontation, Meridith specifically says to Peter, "but you told me it was supposed to be a secret." In the flashback scene of the hospital we don't hear Peter saying or insinuating anything of the sort. Maybe it was to be automatically implied, maybe it was an oversight of the writers or (and here's where my theory comes in) Peter was aware of what he was saying and did tell Meridith it was a secret, but maybe that was long after the hospital scene, when she decided to enact the plan or when they parted ways at the hospital. If you watch Peters eyes during the scene where the doctors are explains how his coma makes no sense, they are moving all around. Maybe the doctors couldn't make sense of it because Peter wasn't really in a coma. Maybe he was faking it and fully cognizant of what he was doing. We know Peter has faked his injuries before. Remember back in season one, when Derek kept visiting him at the hospital and he was supposedly a vegetable? We all know that was one big fake out. He acted that way so nobody suspected him of being the alpha and killing all of those people. He may have been aware, and may have known Meridith was a banshee and would be the perfect person, to carry out his plan. No one would suspect her.

Anyway I love this show because I love how far ahead Jeff Davis and the writers think ahead. At the end of season one, Jeff Davis already knew he had plans of bringing Kate back in season four. When they introduced Meridith last year, her role wasn't that important. At that time we never thought Meridith would be the next seasons big bad!
More+
Flag
That makes little sense. Peter left the hospital and clearly had no intention of killing supernatural creatures, as he was counting on Lydia to be his backup plan to bring him back to life.
Flag
I don't think Peter would really pretend to be in a coma for so long. Your theory would work if he'd pretended to be in a coma for a few days before actually "waking up"... I don't know. I just don't think it's very likely that he would have pretended to be in a coma for all those years.

I would actually love it if Peter had somehow consciously told Meredith his plan. That would be a lot better to me than what's actually happening.
Flag

Your eyes move like that when you're asleep and dreaming, that's a normal response to REM sleep.

I do believe that Peter was in a coma for most of those 6 years, and that it turned a vain, manipulative young man into a sociopath. He did need the nurse in the in-care facility to help him in the beginning. However, he did finally come to, and that's when he tricked Laura into coming back to Beacon Hills and killed her.

Flag
Paula Abdul mmm

Flag
So, your saying you think Peter pretended to be in a coma for six years in a grand scheme to become the alpha and kill all the supernaturals in beacon hills? That makes no sense at all. His coma didn't make sense because he should've been dead. I don't think they thought it was strange because he was exhibiting normal brain activity, it was because they couldn't imagine how he survived at all. If Jeff tries to pull that idea off, that's going to be it for me. It's going to be over.

Jeff actually didn't want to bring Kate back in s4, he wanted to do it earlier, but her contract for Wipeout kept getting renewed. He told us that on Wolf Watch, after her reveal.
Flag
Peter wasn't on a brain monitor or any other kind of monitor -- he was in a long care facility, in a wheelchair in S1 when Derek took Scott to see him, and was in the wheelchair when he went by himself to see him and asked for a sign, wiggle a finger..
Flag
Price Peterson on Wolf Watch! My life is now complete!
Flag
I missed it. I never watch Wolf Watch anyway, but I wanted to see it this time.
Flag
He just answered a poll question this week. Next week he'll actually be a guest on the show.
Flag
Thanks :) I'm going to definitely try to make it home in time to tune in.
Flag
Stiles and malias scene it was so awkward at first and mama McCall locking them in together! And they used her locking them in to crossover to there problems it was adorable! And I'm glad they didn't say they loved eachother but that they really like eachother but I love how there emotions r coming even tho they love hu with eachother! It's great I love the different dynamic of there relationship! Plus these 2 props to Dylan and Shelley they have chemstry in everyway they have so much heat malia and stiles just wow!!! But ya I liked this episode all around it was good I honestly don't think peter remember saying all those things while he was in a comma also Scott's face when he was about to kill that dude was like a little demon wolf looking aaahhh I loved it oh and how malia and stiles pretty much saved the day they r turning into like Dylan and Shelley said at comic con they would have a home relationship and a work relationship
Flag
At first I also thought Scott's mom was the person who locked up the two lovebirds (talk about butting in to your kids friends love lives). But then when the door unlocked, it kinda looked like it unlocked on it's own...then I wondered if the next story line is gonna involved ghosts / invisible people...
Flag
So... yeah, that ended quickly.
It really does feel abruptly cut off; but not just that. If it was just a matter of ending the Benefactor plot, Meredith could have told them the account password, and then they could send the cancellation email themselves. Instead, they had all this weirdness with hidden 1970s computers and wine-stains and the self-destruct key. All of which came out of nowhere!
It feels like they had this elaborate storyline planned out, and then they cut all of it but the ending. Very strange. (And too bad; I think I would really enjoy a flashback episode to Beacon Hills in the 70s.)
Of all the unexplained weirdnessess, I think my favorite was the wine-stain business. Did Lydia hallucinate dropping the glasses during the party, as some kind of complex Banshee foreshadowing? (I guess that would explain why Mason thought she was overreacting; from what he could see, there was no stain at all, and she was just being Crazy Lydia again.)
Flag
That's what is so frustrating about this show. They have elaborate ideas that are never fully realized properly.
Flag
Someday (I hope) someone is going to write a book about the making of Teen Wolf; all the backstage decisions and accidents and compromises that lead to the finished product. It would be really interesting reading.
Flag
I would definitely be interested in that
Flag
omg yes
Flag
Who's to say its 100% over? Maybe it isn't. What if Meridith couldn't and wouldn't give the password to them? I guess they needed to make it seem more dramatic. The one thing that bothered me was that as soon as the key was turned, all of the sudden all of the assassins that were fighting in Argents warehouse or whatever, immediately retreated. Then Scott hears a phone going off and looks at the text message that was sent (from a shut down computer, like Price said) and it says, "transaction cancelled". Did the assassins have some telepathic connection to the 1970's computers? That was pretty damn stupid.
Flag
Those assassins were outfitted pretty much the same, right? Were they all independents who just showed up at Argent's warehouse or was someone running the op? Do you think there could have been a central communication person not involved in the firefight who called off the attack? The guy Scott was tearing up had a phone, yes, and it had the "All contracts terminated" message displayed--so we would know why everybody stopped. Just saying, there could be an alternate explanation.
Flag
That's a great idea! All that tech gear they had probably had some sort of communication interface mixed in with it. So once the contracts had been terminated, the controller called them off.
Flag
I thought that was stupid too lol If the machine is now off, how can it still send messages?
Flag
I guess it was programmed to send it right before turning off.
Flag
That would be good :)
Flag
@Fenris:

That's how I took that too. If you re-watch the episode, you'll see that it took a few moments after the key was turned for the tapes to stop moving. So the key was a prompt for the "recall" message.
Flag
I think Lydia's grandmother did that? Maybe?

The impression I get is that Lydia's grandmother foresaw the whole thing; so she pre-programmed the computer (knowing that Meredith would be using it) to send that email when the key was turned. Then she hid the key in the wine bottle, knowing that eventually Lydia would have her weird wine-stain revelation and go find it.

Which is a preposterous amount to assume without seeing any of it! :) But I'm trying to make sense of the plot one way or another.
Flag
You know I had forgotten about how Mason reacted to the wine stain. It had to be something though.
Flag
I believe I said her a long time ago that Peter Hale was the Benefactor and that he wanted ALL supernaturals dead so that he could have the ultimate power. Basically, that's exactly what he said in Monstrous. :)
Flag
Not at all. He said he wanted to kill all supernatural just to recreate the supernatural world as he wants them to be.
Moreover, it was the delirium of a comatose werewolf.
Flag
Dang, you really like Peter, don't you? ;)
Flag
Not at all, I think his character makes things very funny at times and is the perfect villain… but clearly this season he wants to face the main character in a deadly match. And since the show is called "Teen Wolf" and not "V-neck werewolf" it's pretty clear who'll come out on top.
Flag
I agree, cbaabc. And I've liked Peter, too. Ian Bohen's portrayal of him is great! If he is killed this season I will be sad, but the character's gone too far in threatening to kill Scott. Just my opinion.
Flag
But what is Parrish? Is that a finale-worth reveal, or do we have to wait for seasons like with Lydia?
Flag
That's going to be a season 5 reveal, unfortunately. Imagine if we have to wait all the way until June to find out what he is??? :(
Flag
If Jeff spoke the truth on Wolf Watch, we won't be finding out this season. He said that Ryan doesn't even know yet. And seeing as we won't know this year, don't get your hopes too high to learn anytime soon.
Flag
Phoenix, born from the ashes. He has completely no powers, besides being able to be burned alive once. (lol kidding)
Flag

I think, Peter has plans that don’t include losing all his money. That really hurt him. I don’t think, that he’d like having to use coupons. So I’m quite convinced, that he told the truth about not knowing about the deadpool anymore. Ravings of a madman.

She isn’t crazy enough to simply get away with the crimes. I would recommend a straight jacket in a really safe mental institution. Or send her to a desert island. That might do the trick. As a banshee mentor she is quite useless. Lydia didn’t really learn a lot from her.

They could stay in BH and create a safe haven there. They are in desperate need of a new home, I think. Preferably nearby a really strong Alpha like Scott and he could benefit learning to practice Buddhism. He might get control issues and turn into a CGI wolf. You know, the sun, the moon and so on.

Nope, I went to work with one eye infected. Bad idea. In the evening, I became partially blind. Not an experience I wish to relive and even less on national TV.

Uncle Peter. Again. You old rascal. It was funny, seeing him being rattled by himself.

I really hope, that Scott puts him in his place and strips him from his powers, or to be more accurate, from Derek’s powers.

I’m afraid, that somebody’s gonna die and it won’t be the V-neck. I sure do hope, it will be Kate, and this time for good, please. Even if it will be hard on Chris, losing a family member, yet again. Poor guy needs a break.

And Peter should compensate the targets on the blacklist. Pay them 10 % of what they are worth, so we could solve all the money issues once and for all. Sorry, Stiles, but I think, that Scott would be willing to share or even Malia. She could pay you rent for all those sleepovers and a fee for being her coyote yoda.

More+
Flag
As a banshee mentor she is quite useless. Lydia didn’t really learn a lot from her.

The main reason I was so excited about Meredith being around this season is because I thought she would teach Lydia something about being a banshee...What a letdown
Flag
I hear you. Same as you, I was under the impression, that Lydia would learn from a person about her abilities, but I think, it has happened mostly via her dead grandmother and by trial and error. Learning anything from Meredith seems quite impossible considering her mental state. I think, Banshees might be quite sucseptible to mind games, at least by werewolves. Peter had quite an Impact on the two Banshees, that we know of.
But I like the idea how TW plays with my expectations. Often enough, it makes things happen like they were foreshadowing but in a twisted way that not many would expect. I'm not disappointed, only slightly baffled.
And I don't think, that we got everything in the last episode. There's surely more to come. I wish, we would get a season 4B! :D
The wait until next June will be long and unbearable. Hopefully, no one from the current cast is quitting. I'm still not over Allison's demise. Please, let the gang stick together and keep the parents and Parrish, of course.

Flag
I knew that Meredith was nuts but I thought Lydia could probably learn from observing her and spending time with her. Still, I'm glad Lydia's learned something this season but I eagerly await the days when she'll master her banshee abilities :D

Oh, 4B would be awesome!!! I really don't want to wait until June for season 5. I keep hoping that since season 5 is going to be broken into two parts that it will begin earlier than June. I still have my fingers crossed.

I'm not over Allison dying (or Isaac leaving). I really don't want anyone else (from season 1) to leave. I have to honestly say: I wouldn't miss Kate if she died (again) and I wouldn't miss Kira. Don't be mad at me :P I know Kira has sort of become a favorite with most people.

I can't wait to find out more about Parrish! :D
Flag
MayTanner the option to reply to your last message is not there but I just have to say I am so intrigued by Parrish. I think he's become my favorite new face of this season.

You're right about Meredith. I just wish Lydia could have even gotten something from her by at least observing her. Lydia must be so scared by now thinking that all banshees are nuts. But I think Lydia will be okay if she has the support of her family and friends.

I, too, want the season 1 gang to stay together. No...I need them to! :D
Flag
Oh, yeah, Parrish! I'm obsessed with him (his abilities, not his pecs). But the wait is kind of the most thrilling aspect of TW. They don't hand out information easily. Just think back, when Allison started acting weird and confused. It took forever to uncover her abilities.

And I highly doubt, that Meredith has such a good grip on her abilities, that she can teach anyone about them (even if she was sane and sound). Perhaps, this ist the curse of the Banshees, that they'll never be able to take control. After all, death is the most unpredictable facet of life.

And I'm not mad at you. why should I? Everyone has the right to his own taste. I, for instance, like Kira a lot and do not care about Isaac at all. But mostly, I wish, that the season one gang stays together, mainly Derek, who has been rumored to give his swan song appearance in season 4. I really hope not. :(
Flag
Well, Action/Adventure and Fantasy and Supernatural/Horror with Tv/Films... They now both just came on my enemy list for sure here... Because they don't carrying any kind of love within their stories to projects/programs at all.... Not even one type of love at all what so ever to save the day!!!
Flag
I usually wait Season Finales to believe what Peter is saying :D So he can even claim he's the big brother of Madonna or wrote all her songs, i wouldn't pay much attention right now.

And, what the heck was wrong with scott's wolf face this week ? It was irritating bad make-up.
Flag
It was a little bit of CGI to the style of totally wolfed out Peter Hale in Season 1, if i'm not wrong. I believe Scott levelled up (+1) this week. Good for him, it's about damn time!
Flag
Scott is turning into a cartoon.
Flag
At what point was the makeup bad. When he was ripping into the guy he was supposed to be changing, his makeup was more of what the cgi peter alpha looked like in the face, his eyes were more orange as wll.
Flag
It was cgi looked like 70s alien makeup like in StarTrek OS episodes, yuck!
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members