A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S04E04: "The Benefactor"

Our teenage years contain so many milestones that may seem trivial to older adults but prove to be so undeniably important in shaping the people we become. Things like entering high school. Or learning to navigate social cliques. Getting our drivers licenses. If we're lucky, falling in love for the first time. Becoming an assassin, things like that. Personally, at 15 I had no real intention of becoming an assassin but a pod of orcas forced my hand. Still, looking back on those years and all those kills I can't help but appreciate the experiences for what they were: Life changing. Not only obviously for the orcas who received their much-deserved, deadly comeuppance, but for me as well. I wouldn't be who I am today without my years as a teen assassin and I wouldn't trade those experiences for the world. Well, I'd maybe trade them to have my parents back. But other than that, yeah. It was all worth it.

Friends and neighbors, "The Benefactor" was the name of this week's episode of Teen Wolf and it's like this episode was OUR benefactor? With all of the good, scary, well-written stuff in this episode it's like "The Benefactor" personally wired good times directly into OUR HEARTS. Yeah, I really liked this lakeside romp. Let's talk about it!

This week we started things off on the roof of the hospital where the police were trying to solve the case of the dead-ass Wendigo. Obviously all the deputies were straight-up stumped about why this hunk had eaten a cop and then gotten himself axe murdered on the roof of a hospital, so Sheriff Stilinski did something that MORE cops on supernatural dramas need to do when confronted with monster crimes:

He called up an ACTUAL monster to help get to the bottom of things. So then Derek emerged from the shadows and told him all about Wendigos and his possible theories about what happened.

But Derek's nostrils are NOT dummies and he knew there had been THREE guys up on that roof tusslin'.

And guess what? He was right:

Aw poor Liam. See, Scott had bitten him and it looked like his werewolf-isms were already starting to show. Like, for one thing he was very angry about being duct taped in a bathtub, which is a classic werewolf trait. But also he had a short temper and super strength.

I mean, I'm not actually sure if Liam was super strong or if Stiles and Scott were just really uncoordinated. Liam was basically a wet bar of soap to them, just slipping and sliding through their grasps. Anyway, he was gone. Nice try, fellas.

Meanwhile at the world's darkest loft, Peter Hale was having a quiet night in:

Haha The Mute was such a jerk! He even straight-up told Peter Hale that he wasn't there to kill him, only Derek. But if that's true, why the military-grade Tomahawk to the chest, b-hole? The Mute don't give a f*ck, that's why.

So the next day the kids were all getting mentally and physically prepared for the full moon and awkward situations ensued!

Ha ha, Stiles was caught doing sado-masochism fetish junk to his girlfriend. Just kidding, he wasn't doing that, but father and son had a major 'it's not right but it's okay' moment so it's pretty clear Stiles' dad would not be surprised if he found out his son liked to get freaky. My favorite part was Malia saying "I don't get it" to all the innuendo. Coyotes have A LOT to learn about weird human sex practices I guess. (Quick, somebody teach her what a bisexual is.)

Later that day in science class Lydia was NOT taking very good notes:

She'd somehow gotten a typed-up version of all that gibberish she'd been scrawling in her notebook. (Can you imagine having to transcribe that junk?) But she was pretty nonchalant about it, because of the time she drew a tree over and over for months. Because Lydia is smart, she immediately recognized that this was a code and she only needed some kind of password to bust that code all open, but that would have to wait until Act 6 or whatever. 

HEY LOOK! It's Lydia's mom!

Yay Lydia's mom! I'm glad she's still substitute teaching except I'm worried about her safety because the survival rate of teachers is not great at this school. I'm pretty sure the Teacher's Lounge is just a wall of flowers and photos like the hallway in Battlestar Galactica. Also I liked that Lydia's mom seems so chill about letting teens go to her lake house every month on the full moon without supervision and probably on school nights. In this town that's actually probably the safest thing to let your kids do, so this is just good parenting. 

Hey look, MORE NEW CHARACTERS! We had already met golden himbo hunk Garrett last week during lacrosse and also a few months ago in Flowers in the Attic and also in OUR DREAMS (p.s. are we all going to jail?). But here is his girlfriend Violet and bestie Mason. Mason seems nice and maybe TOO NICE? Probably just regular nice. Also he was concerned about why Liam showed up to school panting like a literal dog.

Despite a very upbeat henley, Liam was not having a great day so far. First of all his senses were going crazy, but also he was being followed around by a couple of Juniors who were acting like creeps.

If we're being real, Scott came on VERY strong and Liam was not having it. Which I guess makes sense in that Scott had nearly bitten Liam's arm off and personally I get pretty steamed whenever people do that to me. But on the other hand, when I was a freshman in high school I would have done probably anything a handsome upperclassman told me to do. "Go wade into that tar pit." "Throw this carton of chocolate milk at that deer." "Creepy-crawl this mansion." And I'd be like, "Sure! Can I tell people we are friends?" Cool Upperclassman Syndrome is real, guys.

So then the gang decided to lure Liam to Lydia's lake house basement the best way they knew how: via his boner. And that meant it was Kira's time to shine. In slow-mo. Awkwardly.

Haha classic Kira! Girl get off that floor, that linoleum hasn't been mopped in years. (All the janitors died.)

Meanwhile at the Hale Clinic:

I guess that tomahawk had been laced with wolfsbane so Derek had to blowtorch his uncle's wound, obviously. I'm surprised you didn't know that. Didn't you go to werewolf medical school? That's basically werewolf medicine 101.

So later that night the kids all converged at Lydia's lake house and they started to get nervous that maybe it wasn't a good idea tricking Liam too much. Like, they found out that he'd been kicked out of his previous school for anger issues after he did this to a teacher's car:

The main thing that occurred to me when I looked at that photo is how long it must have taken him to ruin the car so much! It looks like it took hours of meticulous craziness to get the car into that condition. I think I respect Liam even more now? That's dedication. I would've just left an empty KFC bucket on the hood and called it a day.

Meanwhile Liam was in the car with Kira and he was getting so mad at the sky.

But that was nothing compared to when he finally arrived at the lake house and encountered THIS scene:

And even though everyone outed themselves as monsters in a very hilarious roll call, Liam did not believe they were being honest about being monsters, even though Malia's eyes were legit glowing and also Liam himself was turning into an actual monster.

So at this point one million freshmen showed up at the house because Liam had put up a MySpace bulletin or whatever about the party. So while the gang dragged Liam out to the boat house, Lydia was suddenly tasked with starting an impromptu daycare business:

Over at the police station Derek brought in The Mute's robo-glove (which he'd left behind, for some reason? Did he take it off to use Purell?) and handed it to dreamy Deputy Parrish and they checked The Mute's hotmail.

The main email that arrived was from someone named The Benefactor who was clearly paying The Mute to murder monsters. So that's when we discovered that The Mute was merely a paid assassin without a mouth rather than an evil mastermind without a mouth. But I love that The Benefactor uses MS-DOS for all his business dealings. That is just a genuinely cool and scary thing for an evil weirdo to do, seriously. Although, if we'd found out that The Benefactor used Windows 95 I'd get so many chills also. Old technology is straight-up freaky sometimes.

Oh, right, the full moon.

I'm really, really glad this season isn't just skipping over Malia's journey into self-actualization, you know? Like yeah, she's uneducated, but this season had implied that she'd become fully in control of her coyote abilities over Christmas break, and I'm just so glad that she's still learning and we get to see the process. For one thing, learning how to control those abilities is a compelling arc for any werewolf. But I'm loving the gender flip here so much. Like, normally werewolf transmogrification is just a big heavy-handed metaphor for a MAN's primal urges and there's almost always a kind of disturbing undercurrent to it, like a constant threat of sexual violence toward whatever woman is trying to tame him. It's a gross and tired trope, but seeing it reversed like this is like a breath of fresh air. Here it's the dude who must be patient and understanding while the woman struggles to control herself. In this case Malia alternated between warning Stiles away and also bragging that she was looking forward to crushing his bones. What a conflict! And it's finally divorced from the latent misogyny these narratives normally traffic in. Like, I know you didn't come here to read an essay about gender politics in teen supernatural dramas, but still. This Malia-Stiles stuff represented a really important addition to the werewolf mythos and of course Teen Wolf went there. We have fun with this show every week, but let's not forget how straight-up groundbreaking it can be. (Also Shelley Hennig remains incredible.)

Anyway, I don't mean to be rude, but what THE F*CK is this supposed to be:

This is NOT a werewolf. Not possible, sorry. I see the yellow eyes, I see the werewolf press-on nails. But this is NOT a werewolf, at least not like any werewolf I've ever seen on TV. Does he even have a gym membership? Not buying it. But whatever, don't worry about it, this keg delivery-man posing as a werewolf got murdered right away:

And he was murdered by that new freshman girl who was dating Garrett! And she has a bolo tie that becomes red-hot and can decapitate people! And also she must have a really weird Instagram account.

Was she a hunter or what? Actually she was just an assassin. AS IS GARRETT:

Yep, The Benefactor sent them a text message to pay them for murdering that dude (when The Benefactor doesn't send messages using MS-DOS I think he uses Virgin Mobile?). So yep, just a couple of 15-year-old teenage assassins, why do you ask?

Meanwhile Lydia went upstairs and discovered that her lake house that she's been to a million times has a weird white room with white carpet and faces in the wall:

Also we learned that this house actually belonged to her grandmother, so I think we can safely assume the grandmother was a banshee also. Like, the room was sound-proofed and also the record on the record player was basically just whispered yammerings, which is the #1 summer jam for all banshees. Also earlier in the scene Lydia spilled wine on the carpet and started crying because her family is poor, which was pretty weird.  Not sure where THAT plotline's going.

Meanwhile at the boat house, things were getting literally steamy.

After Liam growled at everybody too much Kira hit him in the head with an oar and he fell asleep looking like an angel:

Meanwhile Scott and Kira slow danced to whatever and she tried to get him to wolf out via horniness.

And he got them glowing red eyes, which is basically a werewolf boner. Victory: Kira! But then, whoops:

Liam woke up and he was NOT happy about his current situation so he busted out the window and ran into the woods. We've all been there. We will always be there.

This was good:

Stiles DARED Malia to hurt him, so he unlocked her chains and told her to fight her instincts so she did and she got everything under control. Thus is the power of a cute boy. But seriously this scene was very cute and moving and is it weird to anybody else that Shelley Hennig STILL looks good even in monster makeup? Anyway, Malia remains the best.

So then Scott chased Liam out into the woods and they tussled! 

I'm not sure why an Alpha was so easily overtaken by a newborn bb but maybe because Scott was trying to be polite. For a minute there it looked like Liam was about to slap Scott's head clean off! But then at the last second THIS happened:

Where have we seen flash-grenade arrowheads before??

ARGENT!!! He's back! And beardier than ever!

So good. Welcome back, friend. Mr. Argent looked to be in pretty good spirits, considering. (Considering ISAAC IS GONE.)

Back at the high school The Mute tried to set off a bomb and blow off Sheriff Stilinksi's face, but he and Derek turned the tables big time!

But before they could arrest and bring a mouth-less man into a court of law, a certain former CGI villain showed up to tear an assassin UP.

Oh, Peter Hale. 

I would be mad too if somebody stole all my bear bones and threw an axe at me. This felt pretty justified in my opinion.

Meanwhile Argent told Scott to go pep-talk Liam about being a good werewolf (Argent is still the world's chillest werewolf hunter, isn't he?)

UGH I LOVED THIS PART SO MUCH. Liam admitted that the main thing he was concerned about in becoming a werewolf was becoming a monster and getting into trouble and ruining more cars and having to live in the shadows and all that. But Scott was there to be an example that werewolves could actually be superheroes basically. (And hunks. Or keg deliverymen, but Liam will probably just be a regular hunk werewolf.) And that seemed to finally win Liam over. See, werewolf puberty is hard for everyone but I have a feeling Liam will come out the other side of it pretty okay. 

Meanwhile the banshee wallpaper told Lydia how to break the code to her gibberish.txt file. It involved a password and that password was POIGNANT.

And that's when the gibberish.txt file turned into something much more sinister: A LIST OF NAMES!

And not just a list of names. A HIT LIST. 

Few things are as stressful as seeing your own name on a hit list, so Lydia was not thrilled about that. But look at that list! The first four were that Wendigo family, case closed. And Demarco was the keg dude. But what do the numbers mean? Is that how valuable their deaths were? Should Kira be super offended that her life is worth only $6? (It's in regular dollars right?) Also, Lydia said this list was the names of the town's supernaturals, but why wasn't it complete? Where was Peter Hale? Or Kira's mom? Or Kate Argent? Or Meredith the banshee? LOTS TO SPECULATE ABOUT.

"The Benefactor" was another terrific episode in a season I'm very in love with. Scott's growth as a leader continues; Stiles' relationship with Malia is both moving and important; and the monster madness continues unabated. PLUS the return of Argent? What more could we possibly need? (Besides Isaac.)

I liked this episode very much BYEEE

QUESTIONS

... Will Liam make a good werewolf, a bad werewolf, or a tiny werewolf?

... How great is Malia?

... Is The Mute going to heaven, be honest.

... Are you currently an assassin engaged in a supernatural death pool?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

635 Comments
Comments (635)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
So...I am loving all the parallels to season 1 and 2 this year. The whole Liam getting kidnapped thing reminded me so much of Jackson, and Stiles' reaction was hilarious. Poor Lydia and her parties. Liam asking Stiles what he is reminded me so much of Matt asking the same question in season 2.

I love Peter, I'm actually starting to feel a little bad for him, it's like they let him get hurt so often so Derek can let out a little aggression towards him. Rather than just killing him again, it's like prolonged punishment. I am hoping Scott can use the loop hole that Mama Fratelli said she would kill him if he took the life of an innocent, technically Liam is still alive, so fingers crossed she allows for wiggle room.

The teenage assassins kinda makes me laugh a little, as did Scott's "pep talk" but I am over the moon happy that CHRIS ARGENT is back!!!!!!!! I think Liam will end up being a decent werewolf, at least I hope so, but I do want him to remain a smartass.

Finally, I am a little disappointed the Mute guy died so quickly, I for sure thought he was going to be a bigger more prolonged threat. I mean the guy is in the credits and he only was really in it for like 10 minutes max in the last 2 episodes.
More+
Flag
I have the feeling the last password will be Stiles' real name. It would be the kind of reveal I'm expecting.
Flag
I don't know, I think they're gonna stick with people close to them that have died. Stiles WILL NOT DIE! But also I think his name is going to be like never seeing Greenburg, we will never know and it is kinda funny.
Flag
Loved this episode but the list?!?! I am not quite sure what the numbers next to the name mean but Kira can control electricity/lightning so I'm assuming the lower the number the more "dangerous" they are. I am wondering who wrote the list considering the fact that people who have just "realised" their supernatural ability aren't on their, acceptions for Kira's mum because I think she hid her powers and they don't exist anymore, but Peter?? Also Alison's name is the password :'( which means it could be an Argent. Though here's my "theory"; Chris Argent wrote the list while he was still a werewolf hunter, so if there was a random murder or incident he could just look at his list and know that a specific supernatural being killed that innocent person. But he stopped adding people and using once he had left or stopped hunting supernatural things for good, I think my theory explains why the password was Allison and why newer supernaturals weren't on it but I think that the list was done by Chris Argent and the Benefactor has used it as a hit list or whoever may be killing people.
Flag
Hum but how could Chris Argent be aware of Kira's powers and not of her mom's? And why isn't Peter on the list? He is quite prone to murder and should definitely be on the list, if that was supposed to serve the purpose you explained.
Flag
Yeah that's the thing. Peter...
Flag
Oh, and also: a big "welcome back!" to Mr. Argent!!
Mr. Argent has returned!!! :)

Flag
I really liked this episode! Stiles putting the chains on Malia right as his dad walked in, was PRICELESS - I re-wound the scene so I could watch it again. Kira's epic fall down the stairs at school was pretty awesome, also, and watching Scott and Stiles tussle with Liam was fun. Stiles got punched in the face!! :(

I was super confused about the beer keg delivery guy, but I guess I don't really have to be, since he's no longer existing. And as for Lydia's discovery of the hit list; I have a few questions:
*Why is the list unlocked with the password "Allison"? Did I just miss that altogether?
*What do the numbers beside each name mean? I wanna know!!
*Was the scene with Lydia in the sound-proof room supposed to have dialogue? I could see the characters' mouths moving, but there was no sound. The wine spilled on the floor, and Lydia was visibly upset...and I think I got the general gist of the scene, but how much of it was supposed to be silent? Maybe my TV was just being wacky.
I really like Lydia's powers...even though the show has explained she's a banshee, I can't help but feel that she's also something else. A reader of energy, or some kind of unorthodox psychic. She fascinates me. Then again, maybe I just don't know that much about banshees...

Great review as always, Price!
More+
Flag
Stile's dad walking in on him putting the shackles on Malia was pretty funny. So now we have teenage assassins? wonder if Mason is a supernatural or an assassin. I enjoyed Peter going beast mode on the Mute and it was good to see Argent back.
Flag
I think we can safely say that the Benefactor is the big bad of this season.
As of the list, I found it a very interesting twist. I believe the numbers are actually money, not odds, because of the money reference that deputy Parrish finds and because of the text that the new freshmen receive after his gf kills the beer guy.
That said, I also believe that some of these numbers are in thousands and some are in millions. It's hard to believe an entire family of cannibals is worth 1000 while Scott is worth 25. So I'd say Scott and the pack are in millions while all the 250 and the one 500 is in thousands of dollars.

I think there are two questions about the list who could help in figuring out who is the Benefactor.
1. is the list complete? Everybody seems to be assuming so, but there are certain supernatural creatures of Beacon Hills which are missing and it's unclear why. If the list is not complete, then we can as well assume that all supernatural creatures would be on that list.
2. If the list is complete, why are some supernatural creatures missing? Notably, the missing ones are Peter, Malia, Kira's mom, Liam, Kate, the berserkers.

So let's try to answer question 2. Kate and the berserkers may be missing because they only recently came back to town, but the former may be missing for a variety of reasons, e.g. if the benefactor is Gerard or more generally an Argent.
Liam just became a werewolf, so his absence doesn't mean much… it just means that the Benefactor has to collect information in some old-fashioned way and is not some sort of supernatural creature himself which "feels" the supernatural happening.
Kira's mom. That's hard to explain considering Kira is in the list. It could be that with Kira embracing her full kitsune essence, and Kira's mom using all her tails to defeat the Nogitsune, now she's not supernatural anymore? Maybe she'll just start aging like every human.
Malia. Hard to explain. It could be related with Peter being not on the list either, if Peter is the Benefactor himself. Or it could be because she only recently became aware of her powers and was a coyote for most of the previous years. Then again, if the Benefactor is so well-informed about the supernatural to know about Kira and the Vindingo family (who just moved into BH? If they've been there the whole time I'm guessing the sheriff has a lot of unsolved cases to archive, one for each body that Lydia and deputy shallow-face found in their house), shouldn't he be aware of this girl who suddenly reappears 8 years after her disappearance and becomes part of Scott's group of friends?
Peter. This is the hardest name missing from the list to explain. He's been in Beacon Hills his entire life, he was presumed dead but he's been alive for a while now, and he had definitely an active role in season 3A and 3B, so if the Benefactor is aware of Kira how can he not be aware of Peter? Similarly, Peter brought up Lydia's banshee power so since the Benefactor knew about the latter, how could he have missed that Peter is still there?

I think Peter's absence from the list can be explained in two ways only.
The simplest is that he is the Benefactor himself. That doesn't really fit with the character though, why commit all those murders and use his own money? We know he goes after power, but does killing all the other supernatural creatures actually give him more power? It'd be better to subdue them instead. And also, if he wants to become an Alpha again, shouldn't he be trying to kill Scott at some point? Since Scott's in the list too, it could happen that one of the assassins kill him before he can steal his alpha powers from. But perhaps the assassins have the explicit order to start from the "easiest" (= less money paid) supernatural creature and climb up the list one by one, so that they'll only go after Scott for last. But then again, why would the Mute go after Derek, when Kira is worth less?
The other explanation for Peter missing in the list is that the Benefactor needs him alive for some other reason, or at least needs to kill Peter himself. Note that this could also explain Malia's name missing from the list, since they are related.
So what would the Benefactor want from Peter, after he had already stole 117 millions from him? Peter's not an alpha anymore, sure he knows a lot about werewolves and the Hales but so does Deaton (for example) and wouldn't it be easier to just kidnap him already if the Benefactor was looking for informations?
One intriguing possibility is the following. An Argent is the Benefactor (not papa Argent, which is clearly a good guy and not Allison obviously - either Gerard or dead mama Argent). They clearly hate supernatural creatures and by now there is no code left to guide them. Whoever he is, he's not gonna kill Kate because she's family (not much left of the family…) - he wants to rescue Kate. And how do you cure someone who became supernatural? The only known cure (a legend, but why not) is by killing whoever bit you! So Peter is off the list because the Benefactor wants Kate to kill him eventually, in order to become human again. Maybe Malia could fit in too as a second sacrifice being Peter's daughter.

I can't think of any other theory… that would also explain the key to decipher the list.

The password. It's "Allison" as in our beloved dead character, clearly every other interpretation like "All I son" is nonsense. The question is whether the Benefactor, or whoever wrote the encoded list, chose the password himself… or whether it was Lydia who typed up what her banshee powers were telling her under a code, with her subconscious choosing as a password the name of her late best friend.
Most comments seem to assume the first option, but I think the second one would be possible too. After all, the only source of the coded stuff is Lydia (her notes, her computer…) so if she typed it, it's possible she unknowingly also chose a code key.

Honestly the only strong objection to Gerard being the Benefactor is that it'd be kinda lame to use the same big bad AGAIN. Also, while he often goes for revenge he also likes power…. and a "La Loba" Kate is clearly more powerful than a human Kate.
More+
Flag
on the plot line of Lydia's family need to sell the house.. i think it's related with the fact that Stiles' dad hasn't paid the medical bills and the one from Echo House.. also with the fact that Scott's dad is staying with the McCalls to make some repairs:
the characters will be involved in the dead pool or at least will consider the benefits or killing someone from the list in order to have some money and pay their bills! all of them could use some money right now!
though i wonder what happened with the Yakuza's money from the first episode? the calaveras have it?
Flag
It's interesting that suddenly many characters seem to have money problems. Especially Lydia considering the house she lives at.
Scott's dad is hardly broke. He's a federal agent which is single and has been focusing only on work for the past 10+ years… he should have quite some money in the bank in fact. The repairs sound more like an excuse to be around Scott.

I don't think the main characters will consider the benefits of killing each other… TW is still a teen drama, is not gonna go there. Friendship and trust among Scott's pack is assured.

Not sure about the Yakuza's money. Maybe the Calaveras kept it, (but it wasn't the entire 150,000 right?) or maybe it just went back into police evidence for the murder of Silverfinger.
Flag
While I am a firm believer in respecting everyone's opinion, I wish that people who hate/dislike Teen Wolf would stay out of this community. If you think the show sucks, why waste your time watching it and coming to the community and forums to bash it? Just seems like trolling to me...
Flag
isn't Peter Hale an alpha? I thought his arc from two "seasons" ago was that he found a way to become an alpha again.
Flag
Peter's eyes are still blue, so he's only an Alpha in his own mind and no where else. But that doesn't mean that he hasn't already been scheming to become an Alpha again. Scott had better watch his back when Peter's anywhere nearby.
Flag
based off a recent interview that holland gave that sounded very similar to the one crystal ghave before she left do you guys think holland could be leaving this season?
there's supposed to be another big death this season, i wonder if lydia might be it. its just..the way she says in the interview that playing a 16/17 year old isnt as interesting as it used to be and that her and crystal are done that that part of their lives..it sounds like she's thinking of leaving
Flag
Well, Lydia did stop doing . . . anything. . . so far, I mean.
It's the first time she doesn't have a love interest, and she made it clear she's not looking for one either.
We've already seen the finding dead bodies act, and the hallucinations too.

Her job this season was basically to ease Malia (by helping her with her studies) and Kira's (by supporting her relationship with Scott) way into the pack. . .
It does seem like the writers are emptying her character to prepare us for her leave.

But then again it's been only 4 episodes. It's too early to tell. I hear she's gonna have a big part in the next ep.

I love all the characters this season, really, I can't name one that I don't, but if Holland would decide that she wants to go, I wouldn't stop watching the show.
(Though seeing Derek, Peter or Stiles leaving, would crumple me.)
Flag
I think you're exaggerating in diminishing Lydia's importance. Her banshee power produced the list and she was also the one to decipher it. She and Stiles are the brains of the group, and scenes were they figure out what's going on together are gold for the writers… it wouldn't be as good if it was just one of them.

That said, I haven't read or seen Holland's interview so it's perfectly possible that she's planning to leave. After all, she's talented and good looking and from a professional point of view it's clear that TW should act as a springboard for future success, rather then being a point of arrival in an actor/actress's career.
Flag
apparently there are also rumours of dylan o'brien and tyler hoechlin leaving after this. not sure where those 2 come from. apparently MTV "confirmed it". i think this might be the show's last season. not because of the rumours but just a feeling
Flag
You misunderstood me. I'm not despising Lydia's importance. I know she's the "brain trusted genius" in the show, and I love her character. All I said was that so far there was no strong "Lydia moment" in this season.

There's her supporting Kira and Malia.

There was her finding the bodies in the wendigo's house, but that was more like a Parrish moment to me.

And there was the scene about the record player and Banshee-wallpaper, which was like. . . . we didn't really get to see her try to wrap her head around it. . . they just put a pause on that at the end of the episode. . . . . so we didn't really got to figure out what it was.

So I'm looking forward to the next episode where Lydia digs herself into the hit list thing, and we (hopefully) get to see more classic Lydia-moments.
Flag
Well to be honest I think that Lydia finding the bodies in the Wendigo's house and Lydia figuring out the list in the soundproof room after listening to the scratching noises are both "classic Lydia-moments". They're what you'd expect a banshee to do.
Flag
honestly lydia is about 75% of the reason i watch this show and if she left im not exactly sure id continue to watch. its similar to the way that when marg helgenberger left csi and there was no more catherine it became hard for me to watch. i still liked the show but it was just so hard to watch without catherine around, it seemed weird without her and it would be the same thing for me if there was no lydia on teen wolf.
Flag
I agree I stopped watch CSI after Grissom left. I do love Lydia but I'm more if Stiles or Derek go I don't think I could stick around. I mean Derek hasn't really been shining much these last 2 seasons, but I still love him. I think I would still like the show and I would read Price's recaps, but I don't think my heart would be able to handle watching.
Flag
Yeah, it always sucks when a major character disappears, but it's a lot worse when it's your favourite character.

For me that was Sheriff Graham from Once Upon a Time. The show felt kinda broken from that point, so I stopped watching it. I missed the entire 2nd season, but my friends told me the 3rd one was awsome, so I got back on it eventually.

Anyways, we still have it better than Game of Thrones fans! They lose favourite characters per episode, not per season :)
Flag
yeah i guess thats true. well if lydia does leave this season hopefully it will be like isaac and she can come back. but again..with the interview holland gave i have a feeling that it will be permanent.
do you feel like kira and malia were introduced with this in mind? that these 2 are meant to replace alison and lydia as the girls in the group?.
Flag
The Benefactor. . . . . . Gerard Argent maybe? :/

- Last time we checked he was alive;
- He would team up with Kate;
- and who else would use Allison's name as a password?
Flag
Could be! Good theory
Flag
but how would gerard know about kira and lydia?
Flag
He's a diabolical godfather, he has connections and I'm sure he can keep himself posted on Beacon Hills monster matters.

+ he is (was?) a hunter, who'd kill any/every supernatural creature without thinking twice. And now every supernatural creature is about to get killed. Sounds a lot like Gerard, doesn't it?
Flag
I love malia and stiles I enjoyed this episodes a lot! Love love love malia and I love how I'm feeling a deeper connection between stiles and malia on both ends now!
Flag
I just love kira she is clumsy in a unique and awesome way...real and authentic ..best addition on the show..btw loved the assassination plot
Flag
I'm just outraged that nobody's talking about Ian Bohen's hotness in this week's episode.
Flag
I talked quite a bit about it. He's been doing some serous working out!
Flag
It does show! He looks better than ever :)

. . . . .
Am I the olny one who's happy to see him stubbly again?
In the previous episodes he was clean-shaven, which was fine.
But damn, he knows how to wear stubbles!!! XD
Flag
YAASSSSSSS ian bohen + stubble every week PLZ
Flag
I was thinking the same thing!
Yowza!!! He's the hottest psycho ever! . . . . But seriously, he should NOT wear a shirt more often :3
Flag
Definitely!
Flag
Amen to that
Flag
I was wondering the same about the list, there doesn't seem to be that many names on it really, most of them are the main group, and they must not even know about Malia or just don't care like with Peter or Kate or Kira's mom. and Allison's name being the key makes me wonder if the Benefactor is somebody in her family. maybe her mom's ghost? :p plus I think whoever it was is the one who stole the Hale fortune so they could pay off the assassins when their targets were killed. but honestly I don't see the main group killing anybody, even though they are all strapped for cash.

the stuff with Lydia was interesting, I wish they'd give some kind of backstory and maybe a reason to her abilities instead of just being like "hey somebody in this episode needs to be able to do this specific thing, but weres and foxes don't have this ability. what ever shall we do?!" and then just tack it onto Lydia's nonsensical list of species centric abilities.
Flag
Quick question to any one who knows. What the hell was Peter holding in his hand when he killed creepy face.
Flag
Viscera...

I have no idea of the actual part of the anatomy... First I thought it was supposed to be his heart, then I thought maybe it was some kind of implant thing - for the feeding etc. Then I just put it down to the props/prosthetics department having some fun with gore.
Flag
Great thanks to all the answers below.
Flag
This. I figured that the way the werewolves say, "I'm going to rip your throat out," well, Peter actually ripped his throat out. After his screwup killing Kate, this is a more certain death.
Flag
It helps that he's not an alpha any more. If there's a million to one chance of someone getting turned by a scratch by an alpha, then the odds of someone who only thinks he's an alpha turning someone have to be phenomenal.
Flag
Loved the Hackers reference. Just awesome as usual.
Flag
Random query: does anyone else think Stiles is actually going to get his $#!T together this season? There's this remarkably unsubtle theme so far of people pointing out that he's contributing less than he could. Add that to the way he occasionally drops the spazziness and steps up (like with Malia in this ep) and how turbocharged the Nogitsune was while it was possessing him (the recurring imagery seemed to suggest it used him to See through the Currents a la Jennifer via his link to the Nemeton or something) there is a definite implication that he might become Scott's BAMF emissary or whatever. Remember how in "Visionary" the whole emissary thing was linked back to the ancient druids teaching the werewolves control? Stiles had been doing that since day one even without wacky herbs and powders. Since the humans in this show are way scarier than the monsters, it would be a nice bit of balance.
Flag
What do you mean by "get his shit together"? He's not supernatural and his unique power is… well his brain, his knowledge of random facts and his ability to find out when 2+2=5. He's been doing quite well ok so far, and he's helping Malia getting control.
I don't think you can compare Stiles with Nogitsune-Stiles. The second one is a trickster spirit with not just incredible strength, but also thousands years old, extremely knowledgeable and resourceful.
Flag
Who is the Benefactor? Flash back to season 1 for the answer! There were 13 people in the Hale family, 11 of which were caught in the fire according to Derek, but Stiles's copy of the incident report said only 8 bodies were found. Peter survived, Cora escaped, but what about the odd one out? The Benefactor not only knew about the secret magical Hale vault but exactly where the bonds were and what they were stashed in; (he) didn't even have to check the suitcase. Ergo, the Benefactor is the missing Hale, and since Derek but not Peter or Cora is on the list that suggests two possibilities. One: it's another of Talia's siblings. Two: it's Derek's own Father (that "all i son" thing someone pointed out might be a clue, plus for all we know the guy was human and maybe wound up blaming the supernatural in general and his son in particular for the loss of his wife) and we're headed for some kind of familial angst supernova.
Flag
That would be awesome. I was going to say if it was a Hale than they would be able to get into the vault on their own, but I suppose if it was one of the human relatives that makes sense. But this might be a dumb question, are we even sure Derek's dad was involved in his life? I mean he would have to be unless all his siblings have different dads, but I find it interesting that he has the Hale name and not his fathers. Maybe it was a respect thing like with Kira's mom, she was such a badass that they showed respect by keeping her last name instead of his.
Flag
I really hope they delve a little more into the Hale family.
Flag
I think the missing body might be Talia's. If I remember correctly Derek said on season 3B Galvanize that only Talias claws were found after the fire.
Flag
Why would a Hale kill Derek but not Peter? Either Talia's siblings or Derek's own father… why would they kill Derek and not Peter? Especially since Peter murdered Laura, another one of the family.
Moreover the "All I son" interpretation of the password is an incredible stretch… I can't really buy it, I'm sorry.
Flag
I'm loving your theory! I can't wait to find out if you're right! (I'd love it if it were Derek's father).
Flag
Thats a very good theory. I have already expected a few more hale's to show up because of that difference but by my count there would only be one left. 8 bodies plus Peter is 9. Everyone thought Cora was dead that is 10. Derek is 11, Laura who became alpha who peter killed is 12. That leaves one unaccounted for.
Flag
Oh but the only thing, wouldn't they have access to the vault.
Flag
That's part of the reason I figure the theoretical (nee) Hale is human. The vault was opened by claws and hocus pocus. If the Benefactor is someone married-in like Derek's dad then they wouldn't be able to open the vault themselves since they don't have Hale blood or (if human) supernatural powers (just a guess but all werewolf rituals seem to involve claws and blood loss so it does make sense, either way it is Teen Wolf so speculating on mechanics is mostly wheel spinning in any case, however fun).
Flag
Probably the best theory yet, I just have an issue with having Derek on the list as well
Flag
If we have teen assassins, could Danny be the benefactor. Just throwing that out there. I think it would be a horrible mistake but his absence and not knowing what is going on with him is troubling. After Holland said something that may or may not have been correct, Keahu apparantly tweeted that he couldn't say anything, would he really say that if he weren't still under contract. Otherwise he could just say I'm not on it anymore. I just realized he is 27.
Flag
He was good friend with basically anybody in Scott's pack, and he was the one deciding to break up with the twin, in the end. Moreover, why not include Peter and Malia too, in the list? He may not have been aware of Malia, but he sure was aware of Peter.
Flag
He could possibly be the benefactor but I thought Danny actually liked Scott and co... Would he really make a hit list with them on it? Unless he's bitter about everything that occurred? He did lose his best friend and boyfriend due to the constant supernatural activity in Beacon Hills.

I do hope Danny will return. I find it very interesting that he went the "no comment" route rather than just saying he's not a part of the show.
Flag
And Malia 29... I just take a look of actor's age on Teen Wolf a few days earlier... Thank you make up :)
Flag
I saw that the other day when i was looking at their ages
Flag
Could someone please help me out? When I watched this episode, for some reason there was no dialogue in the scene between Lydia and Mason where she spilled the wine. I thought it was supposed to be like that as it was the only scene where the dialogue was missing. Anyway, it now sounds like that isn't the case, so could someone let me know what was said during that scene?

Thank you!

Flag
OMG thank you I wasn't sure if that was on purpose either.
Flag
My TV did that too - just during that scene! I had figured it was done on purpose, but apparently not...
Flag
There was a technical issue with the audio. You can watch the scene with sound here: http://www.hypable.com/2014/07/15/teen-wolf-season-4-episode-4-clip-audio-glitch/
Flag
Thank you!
Flag
I thought it was on purpose :D!!
I seemed to be an effect of Lydia power... No I understand why the house is on sail!
Flag

... Will Liam make a good werewolf, a bad werewolf, or a tiny werewolf? I think A and C would both be correct.

... How great is Malia? Pretty damn great, tbh!

... Is The Mute going to heaven, be honest. Nope. Assassins don't go to heaven. Something to consider when going into the business.

... Are you currently an assassin engaged in a supernatural death pool? You know I can't tell you that! I mean....NO of course not!

Flag
... Will Liam make a good werewolf, a bad werewolf, or a tiny werewolf?

I really hope he'll be a good and useful addition to the cast! Hopefully he will be better than Isaac in season 3B...

... How great is Malia?

Greater than ever. She's practically my new favourite character. I love her RAGE.

... Is The Mute going to heaven, be honest.

LOL. Anyway, @Price I don't think the Mute is the one who stole the bear bones. Wouldn't that be the Benefactor? Paying assassins with the Hales money?

... Are you currently an assassin engaged in a supernatural death pool?

Maybe, maybe not :P This hit list storyline is pretty interesting. I'm definetely feeling invested in this season.

Both Kate and the Berserkers were nowhere to be seen. I guess this means she's actually controlling them?

Tears at Lydia's password :( The scene in the soundproof room was creepy... also Mason is too, he acted like he totally knew Lydia...
Flag
I don't think that was Lydia's password, I think that was the key to the cypher.
Flag
It was
Flag
The key sorry it was the key to the cypher
Flag
Wouldn't it be a twist if the Benefactor is mama Argent xD
Flag
Thought I would take a crack at Price's questions. I wish he would ask a little more serious ones sometimes but that is ok.

1--I think thats the questions. He's definitely tiny but where Scott we always knew would be good, with LIam's temper thats a good question. I'm liking LIams character so far. He's got the cockiness of Jackson but maybe a little more vulnerability, and he seems teachable.

2--I really like Malia, although I didn't really think she had a stand out role in this story.

3--The Mute is not going to Heaven, though shalt not kill.

4--I don't think I want to be an assassin especially in Beacon Hills, too many people die.
Flag
The faceless guy was there to kill Peter and said that Derek was next, Derek then later states that Peter fought off the thing with an axe in his chest which is I assume when he tore the speech thingy off his arm.

As for people saying Scott is weak because he doesn't have any betas in his pack I would have thought that Peter and Derek are beta's in that pack, because it used to be Dereks pack and around the same time Derek gave up his alpha powers and Scott gained his, and I'm sure people like Derek and Peter who know whats what would rather be beta's in scotts pack than omega's.
Flag
Scott looks weak because even a newborn Beta is able to overcome him! I reallt don't understand where the show is going with the True Alpha storyline...
Flag
What the show said, 'Once every hundred years or so a werewolf an become an Alpha through strength of will rather than by murdering his previous Alpha'. The story used that as a way for Scott to become an Alpha without murdering someone he had sworn loyalty to. It's the fans who decided this must mean that Scott is a special snowflake or Werewolf Jesus.

Flag
I don't want him to be stronger than anybody. But in this show being the alpha meant being the strongest. Now, I'm on board if you wanna say to me that since Scott is a really young wolf, his strenght is still to develop.
But to let Liam escape twice...
Flag
Thank you for this comment. I keep wondering why everyone is so confused about what Scott's abilities are supposed to be.
Flag
We have seen Scott do incredible things that a Beta cannot do lately. He was able to was able to pull the garotte off his neck that had decapitated two werewolves without it cutting his fingers. He was able to detect Liam through his Beta's howl - just like Derek had located him in the episode at the rave. Not to mention that he was able to turn Liam. I've never agreed with the concept that best fighter = Alpha. Talia commanded respect due to her wisdom and self-control and that seems to be the goal Scott is developing toward.

Flag
I have a thought....What happens if Garrett has to kill Liam? Since, he is a werewolf now. My bets is he gets changed by Scott eventually.
Flag
I doubt they will do the bite-thing again. It's an interesting twist, but Scott has no interest in building a pack by biting people… and once he finds out that Garrett is a hired killer, I don't think he'll want him in his pack anyway.
Flag
True that.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
This has so far been my favourite episode ^_^
Flag
I was watching the promo on youtube and someone made a good point. Im worried about lydia. when you stop and think about it she doesnt have someone that she's uber close to in this group and so far this season she is part of this group but she's still kind of isolated. without alison around she's got no best friend, no one that can fill the role alison did. stiles is focused more on malia and scott ais focused more on kira and now liam.
She did react so heavily to something so simple like spilling the wine in that room at her lake house. Feel like lydia might crack
i kind of wonder myself if lydia might be the next one to leave beacon hills
Flag
I've been wondering about this myself and I hope she doesn't die! I like Lydia so much. While it was clear last season how much Scott and Stiles care about her, they are very preoccupied with other issues (and people) right now and I feel like Lydia's getting neglected. We still have quite a few episodes left. I hope this gets better. I'd like to see Scott and/or Stiles (or even Kira or Malia) be there for Lydia, like just be a good friend.
Flag
it really is funny how far lydia's come over the course of the show. she does so much to help them now
Flag
Lydia has evolved. I couldn't stand her in season 1. She was so rude and stuck up lol
Flag
No plz. The Lydia sequence in the show's opening credits is BY FAR the coolest 3.5 seconds, and she's not even my type. But she's gorgeous. And definitely one of the few remaining emotional anchors of this show.
Flag
i didnt say anything bad about lydia, she is my favorite character on this show BY FAR. im just worried about her not really having anyone she can go to when she needs to . i know the show is working toward kira filling that alison role for her but lydia and kira will never be as close as lydia and alison
Flag
Yeah she's definetely under a lot of pressure. But it looks like she and Kira are getting pretty close
Flag
I can't believe I still haven't given up on this pathetic show made by amateurs. I guess standards are low during the summer. Can't wait for The Originals and The Vampire Diaries to return. Pathetic, there is no other word for it.
Flag
I mean, if you watch the originals and the vampire diaries then obviously Teen Wolf is not your type of show. Not only the first two are mainly about vampires while (fortunately!) we haven't seen any on TW, but the former two are basically soap operas - teenagers breaking up, getting mad at each other, making peace and getting together again, evil plotting to plan revenge on the girl who stole your boyfriend, everyone screws everyone else. Teen Wolf is more of a supernatural teen drama, with some horror-type twists.
Flag
I watch all three shows, and while I admit that The Originals had a pretty strong start, Teen Wolf is still the best of the three after 3 complete seasons. TVD went to shit in season 4. TO only has one season so let's wait until it hits at least 3 to judge, to be fair.
Flag
You wait for the best episode of the season. Come on. Pathetic. I don't think so; have you seen the almighty johnsons on syfy Do you just post to start trouble?

Originals I still watch although when Rebekah left it pretty much went to DVR and watch when I can status. I'm hoping the addition of Daniel Sharman will get me back as an every episode watcher. I do not like its move to Monday though And for someone who watched every second of the vampire diaries for the first 3 seasons, Its just not watchable for me anymore.
Flag
How can you say it's not pathetic? Scot is definitely the worst alpha ever. Everyone else are putting out more fight then he is. He hasn't changed to wolfman for sometime and even a noob werewolf manged to wrestle him down. And high school kids assassins, please.
Flag
Or you can just stop watching the show... Bye Felicia
Flag
I'll give it one more episode. If the next episode isn't better, I'll try Penny dreadful or Salem
Flag
why watch it, if you think its pathetic ???
Flag
Hope that it will get better, after all it was good once.
Flag
This episode was purposeful, moved forward at a great pace, and had just the right balance of werewolf business, "teenage normalcy", humor, guts and gore, and hot guys. Many shows somehow run off their rails after some time but I'm very pleased with the writers in this aspect.

If this is not something you can appreciate then this show was probably not for you in the first place. I really don't see anything to complain about. If you've seen the kind of crap that True Blood is cranking out thus far for their final season, maybe you'd learn to be a little more grateful for what we're getting!
Flag
This was the best episode is season 4 so far, in my humble opinion. I loved Kira in it. Remember how the promos kept mentioning how the characters would turn on each other. Well know we know Lydia needs money! I don't think she would try and kill anyone in the gang or anything, but who knows what's going to happen...
Flag
1. Good, also very tiny.
2. The greatest (Lydia's rocking this season too, though, so tie.)
3. Nah. Would have liked to see more of him, though.
4. I think I'm a little old for that, seeing as I can drive, vote and drink.

I just had this thought, and I'm not sure if anyone else has proposed this yet, but:
Assuming that 1) our new tween assassins only receive say, one name at a time and don't have access to the full list, 2) Mason is aware of/involved in what his no good friends are up to, and 3) Mason is somehow still a good (too nice?) guy... What if Mason, knowing now that Lydia is in desperate need of money, offers to get her involved in the supernatural assassin business because it's a good way to make some quick money? Just seemed interesting that this episode showcased the fact that she needed money, and also the tween assassins having a significant amount of money.
Flag
Okkk...so totally sorry if someone already mentioned this, but does anyone think that Gerard Argent (Allison's Grandfather) has something do with this...maybe The Benefactor. Here's why...

-He was still alive in that scene at the in that Senior living place or whatever a couple season's back. I don't think Davis would have had him appear if it wasn't foreshadowing something.
-The "Allison" password would make sense.
-During the after show "Wolf Watch" episode they asked the name of Allison's grandfather as a trivia question. Coincidence?
-Also it would make total sense that he has Kate doing some work for him.

He's a pretty messed up dude!

Twitter: @interNATtrends
Flag
Its possible that he is but the scenes of him in the senior living center it wasn't to foreshadowing anything for this season they need him to tell how duecalen "however you spell it" became blind and bitter and also how the alpha pack came to light
Flag
The numbers have to be expressing something reversed, since our heros all have smaller numbers than the other folks in the list? They could be expressing how dangerous they are, for example, since indeed our heros are nice and probably Kira is the nicest LOL
Flag
Poll

Flag
An Alpha is a leader not a bully. Deucalion (before he was blinded) and Talia (Derek's mother) were strong emotionally.
Flag
Has anyone considered that Scott is weaker because his pack is gone? Yeah, he's got a kitsune, werecoyote and banshee as entourage, but no beta werewolves anymore.
Flag
If you noticed, Scott never wolfed out at any point during his altercations with new tiny bb werewolf. He was handling him in "human mode" so to speak. Its like, why do you need a nuclear missile to kill an ant when you can just use, umm, a french fry?

So it's to Scott's credit, really, not just an indication of his relative physical strength but also inner strength of character, to have remained calm under the circumstances.
Flag
He had a problem of weakness at some point in the past because of trying to heal so many people, but don't remember how that was ended, or if it was ended? Also, he's avoiding turning into a wolf, so he remains weaker that way. But I would say that missing the twins and Isaac would make him weaker too, as you say. Don´t know if the show will acknowledge this though, since they constantly try to express the importance of his own pack in comparison to just a regular wolf pack.
Flag
Maybe. However, he should have improved by now. How will he fight the main villain at the end of the season?
Flag
Maybe he'll have more betas like Liam by then. Derek could acknowledge him as packleader as well. There are plenty of options before the end of the season.
Flag
Odds to win the deathpool perhaps? Meaning Kira is most likely to win at 6:1.

You'd think Scott would have better odds than Derek, being an Alpha and all.
Flag

This is a note to Jeff Davis: Stop with the wussifying of Scott McCall!!! He was stronger in seasons 1 - 3A, so what the f@#% is up??!!!

Rant over...maybe.

Peter should really learn to pay better attention to his surroundings! What was that, the Mute guy had werewolf scent blocker?? But Peter looked so awesome with the Henley on, and even better with it off. Okay, so there was an axe sticking out of the Henley and a nasty looking cut in the chest, details. But you have to admit that Peter's chest and abs were gloriously ripped.

Anger issues seem to be a theme, with both Peter and Liam suffering from them. Of course, I shouldn't really say that Peter "suffers" from his anger issues, instead he seems to revel in them with bloody abandon. But that was a bad misstep on his part since I think the sheriff will bring a bazooka the next time he goes anywhere near Peter. He may even mix in wolfsbane and mistletoe with the gun powder in the ammo, and use mountain ash projectiles for good measure. I know that I would if I ever met Peter in a dark alley and he looked pissy.

Liam has got to make better friends; he may soon be on the hit list, and his "friends" have easy access and no scruples.

That room at the lake house was so intriguing, and I loved how it helped Lydia hone her Banshee abilities. This also seemed to confirm that she comes from a family line of Banshees. I wonder if the ability completely skipped her mother, or if maybe the ability is from her father's side.

Kira and Malia were so sweet, though each in her own way.

Papa Argent, I hope he's feeling better now, he looked like he's been dealing with some heavy grief. The pain in his eyes was palpable.

More+
Flag
Well, I can't say I was surprised by Peter. The mute guy did try to kill him.
He's usual response to that is throat slashing (in this case, literally ripping it out :D )

Oh, and I'm disappointed in Scott's power too.
The last time he was actually strong was when he crushed the mountainash ring made by Jennifer at the end of 3A.

Since then, he got beat up by:
- the yakuza's wolf (saved by betas Ethan and Aiden)
- the berserkers (saved by beta Derek)
- and now a freakin' 15 years old rookie!!!! (saved by one single shot from Chris)

I'm just hoping they are gonna explain this. Like he was strong at the end of 3A, because he needed to to save everyone. Which means he can be strong if he really needs to, but he has some kind of "mental block" for going full power, that needs to be overcome. (like he's afraid of hurting someone or something like that)

That's the only acceptable reason I can think of.
I hope they'll explore that, and make Scott a full power alpha!
Flag
Derek couldn't smell the stuff that looked like blood at the school or the Mute either. I guess this could be a plot hole, but seeing that Derek mentioned not being able to smell it, there might have been something about him that killed his scent.
Flag
Or it wasn't blood, it just looked like it, intended to make them open the door and get caught in the blast.
Flag
But he should've been able to smell what it actually was.
Flag
I'm not a masterchef but I don't think artificial food coloring would have much of any smell.... And it's probably not the most important detail to be hung up over anyway.
Flag
I think his nose is probably more attuned to blood than anything else and in that situation, maybe he was more likely to think that something weird was going on than that it wasn't blood... or maybe the Mute only spilled the blood after they entered the school...
Flag
Exactly what I thought.

Flag
This episode kept me on my toes. I couldn't contain my joy throughout the whole show! To answer your questions:
1. YAASSSS, Liam make a great werewolf!
2.Malia is unbelievable! I love her! ❥
3. The Mute doesn't deserve to go to heaven... not unless he silently asked for forgiveness before Peter decided to claw him to death.
4. Uhmmmm, No... i'm not an assassin. I'm on the good side!
Flag
I too was a fuzzy on the dollar amounts associated with each name. I'm going to assume they're in thousands (which she should still be offended by cause 6 thousand is chump change compared to Lydia/Scott's 20+) cause if they're in dollars, Kira should kill the person who wrote that for undervaluing her so.
Flag
I love this show since the very beginning .... but... isn't anyone sick of Scott being very weak recently (Season 3B & 4)?

What I mean is: At the start of season 2, when Isaac had his first full moon and was trying to attack Stiles in the Police Station, Derek arrived at the last minute and made Issac chill just with a little Alpha roar... Why didn't Scott try something like that with Liam?

When is Scott finally going to embrace his Alpha powers?
I was amazed when he became an Alpha at the end of Season 3A; but it looks like he is weaker than ever ever since then.

Am I the only one to think that?
Flag
I think that they are trying to remind us at any time how Scott prefers to do things "the human way". I'm pretty sure he could have stopped Liam by wolfing out and alpha-growling, but what better occasion to get Papa Argent back?
Flag
Allison died! And Kira's not much of a substitute. Sorry. Give the man a break!
Flag
He was feeling guilty and as the character said already, he's trying to avoid using his Alpha powers since he's worried about losing control. Giving that he's hurt Liam twice already when he lost control I'm going to cut him a bit of slack for this.
Flag
I totally agree with you, in the scene with Liam I was all "Scott growl! Please growl Liam back to humanity!"
He did the same with Malia not so long ago, c'mon!
Flag
I agree about this! They're very inconsistent with his powers. Even when he was still a Beta, it feels like his powers change to whatever the writers need them to be for that week. Also his motivations for using or not using his powers are inconsistent. They tried to suggest that Scott didn't want to use wolf powers for Lacrosse, except that's how he got to be captain and his concern wasn't that he was better, it was controlling his aggression and not mauling the other players. I don't understand why he wouldn't pull out the Alpha strength with Liam, being that he needed to physically control him at that moment. I think their reasoning is that Scott is still afraid of hurting someone if he embraces it too far ( a la Peter), but maybe Liam is going to force his hand in that regard. This is clearly a writing problem and I'm calling laziness. "Oh Liam is able to overpower Scott because.....reasons."
Flag
Is Parrish the replacement hacker or will Danny be back?
And, why doesn't Scott use his true alpha powers on Liam?
Flag
Parrish seems like is gonna stay. I don't really like the character, and I doubt he's thought as the replacement hacker for Danny… also the line in season 3B when he said he was "drawn" to Beacon Hills makes me think we'll find out more about him in the future.
Sure he's not on the list, and he doesn't seem to know anything about supernatural creatures or to have any particular ability besides a kid face which many people seem to like… but I'm sure he'll get more involved.
Actually, he'd make a perfect Benefactor. Nobody would suspect of him… and we've seen a similar big bad before (the dark druid in season 3A), coming off nice and unaware of supernatural at the start...
Flag
While I am loving how much screen time Parrish has, I really hope he's not replacing Danny. I want Danny back.

Even if Danny is back (please!) they could do with another gay/bi character to balance out the sheer amount of het that's going on this season so far. Parrish being gay/bi and developing a little man crush on Derek would be adorable.
Flag
Parrish needs some shirtless screen time, to be precise
Flag
Given the fact that this is a show with Shirtless Montage as an actual extra on the DVDs, I think it's only a matter of time.
Flag
@triciaketting Ah, would those be the S3 DVDs that aren't currently available in Region 2 flavour? Which is, unfortunately, the only flavour my region 2 laptop and region 2 DVD player seem to enjoy.

I am not bitter about this. No, I am not bitter at all.

WHERE ARE MY DVDS, TEEN WOLF? WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO GET MY DVDS?
Flag
The last set of dvds do not have a shirtless montage - just a short interview thing about how great thd fans are.
Flag
Well it can't come soon enough we're already 33% into the season. Parish could easily be Colton Haynes replacement, he actually is that hot IMHO
Flag
I'm going for broke. I want Parrish to be the center of a torrid triangle between Sheriff Stilinski and Derek.
Flag
Wow... that would be one hell of a romantic subplot.
Flag
I believe Liams friend Mason is supposed to be gay
Flag
But then he actually does seem like the Danny replacement, with Liam as a Jackson replacement and that's irritating. Of course, there's no problem with more gay characters, it's just the dynamic feels kind of too similar...
Flag
I really enjoy Danny's character, I was at least hoping they would explain how he knows about everything.
Flag
I agree. I have the suspicion that as the show continues they may slowly replace the cast and maybe have one or two stay in a similar manner to support the new cast (pretty much like how Derek and Peter are the older ones). I'd rather see them go to college and maybe still do something in beacon hills but since this is a show mainly marketed to teens I wouldn't be surprised if the new class started getting more focus.
Flag
Awww, I'm gonna miss beep beep boop boop! LOL! I thought we'd see more of him since he's in the credit sequence. I think he left his device behind during the touchscreen fight Peter had with him with a tomohak in his chest. Badass!
Flag
Off-screen fight! Stupid auto correct on this phone!
Flag
1) I think with time he will make a good werewolf but maybe also a dead werewolf...
2) I like Malia her "naiveness" make her fumy.
3) normally to go to heaven you have to balance your heart against a feather, After peter's meeting I'm not sure there still an heart to to weigh. So no heart no heaven :)
4) does computer count?

I don't know who's the benefactor is. The fact the password is "alison" could lead to Gerald but as people mentioned before Allison has two "l" even if he could misspelled his granddaughter's name. Or it could be someone misleading us like the Trickster in 3B. And Gerald 's anger is centered against Scott, Derek, Chris... Not everybody.
And am I the only one to think that those freshmen (women) are a little young to be credible assassins? I know it's Teen Wolf and it is a lot about teens but the only normal teen really mix in all that is Stiles and he is not (except possession) a killer, extra skilled...
Flag
I think you should look again. The password is Allison with to "L"s
Flag
Indeed there is... I read here on the forum that there was only one "L" so I trusted them. My bad, conclusion never trust people :D!!
Anyway that doesn't necessary mean that it is Gerard, it could be a trap.
I think Kate is envolved but don't know with who.
Flag
Great episode! Really greeeeeat- as always!!! :D

But my question:
Did you guys have any sound when Lydia and Mason was having the conversation in the "white room"? I'm glad I downloaded subs, otherwise I wouldn't herd anything..
And if you also didn't hear anything, what was the deal about that? Was it so we would understand that this room was something special?
Flag
Yeah I also thought something was wrong, but all the other sounds worked fine... it's just that the room had no sound in it?
Flag
My sound worked fine. I think it was a glitch with your download.
Flag
It was audio, something happened
Flag
I loved this episode, it had so much of everything that I love about teen wolf. That silence room in Lydia's house had me thinking something went wrong with my TiVo and I lost sound, I love the creepy faces in the wall. I might be reading too much into it but Lydia said "I don't date teens anymore" does this mean she in the market for a sexy deputy. :) I was thinking to myself why is Liam so strong but then it hit me his transition seemed to start earlier and stronger than Scott's every did and maybe because Scott is an true Alpha his betas might be stronger than the average wolf. MR ARGENT is back ahhhh and both he and Scott seemed so excited to see each other it was really lovely. Scott quoting Derek was hillerious and Kira trying to be a vixen and then falling down the stairs had me in stitches. I hope Derek and the sheriff and now argents back they can work together more. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly the numbers mean in the dead pool, do they represent threat level, or odds of resistance so the lower the number the higher level target and does the teenage assassis have a different list with different names on them.
More+
Flag
I think the anger that Liam already comes with makes him stronger than most betas.
Flag
I think so too
Flag
What happened to Isaac and which episode does it say it in?
Flag
Banging Jackson in London. Obviously
Flag
At the end of S3, Isaac and Chris Argent left to go on a trip to get away for a while as a result of losing Allison. In RL, the actor that plays Isaac is taking a sabatical to return later possibly.
Flag
Actually he's gonna be on the show called "The Originals" as a witch. But he might also come back.
Flag
He left the show unfortunately but will be on the original s.. Just tell us what happen to him. Jackson got a line for London
Flag
Benefactor = Mrs. Argent somehow communicating from beyond the grave! AHHHH how cool would that be? I know Price would be excited!
Flag
i think the benefactors probably Gerard Argent

Flag
It's a dead pool and the numbers are days of survival.Also, Allison is spelled with a single "l" and this seems more like "All i son" as to indicate all must die for what they did to someone's son.this would make more sense, as the Argents do their revenge in-family and Kate would go see grandpa Bernard, yes he's still around isn't he?
Why an assassin convention in Beacon Hill when Hunters would do it for free? And how come there is Wandigo family and another Werewolf pack in town and none of our Unusuals know about them?Are they losing their smell/ touch?
BTW, the list was found in Lydia's house, so is mama the Benefactor, an assassin broker for Supernaturals . Is this where the monies come from in that family? Also, mom is not as stupid as not knowing what really happen in her basement.she doesn't seem the stupid type to me.
Stimal makes a great couple and it's great that after all this time, he got the right "girl" for him. The chains scene was contrived, but then the aim was to make it clear that if you hold to your virginity true love will find its way to you because you're that special.
Liam's change is going to be brutal, but again, there is a lesson made that true social behavior will conquer the "beast" in us. there is whole lot of preaching in TW that attempts to be subliminal that way.
With all respect to his fans, but Scott is a dumb ass, as he was from the start. His lack of assuming his Alphaness is just too ridiculous to even mention. While no one wants him to be Peter, he has to be who or what he is. If TW had any balls, they'd kill him off, but I am not holding my breath on this one.

More+
Flag
Days of survival? Really? So the entire cannibal family had 250 days of survival, the beer guy 500? But surely their deaths did not come 8 months apart.
Allison is not spelled with a single l, like many people already remarked.
The Grandpa is called Gerard.
Hunters would not do it for free: most of them, like the Calaveras and the Argent at the start, have a code of conduct and they'd never kill an innocent.
What would be the other werewolf pack in town?
I won't even comment on Lydia's mom being the Benefactor, ready to kill her own daughter… and the list was not found on her house, but on Lydia's computer. Moreover, the Benefactor is actually paying people to kill supernatural creatures so what do you mean with "is that were money come from in that family"?
Lydia's mom looks exactly like the caring-but-kinda-shallow-uppity-rich-woman who would have no idea about what goes on in the basement. And surely she wouldn't think it's the strangest thing of all when just a few seasons ago her daughter would wake up every morning in a bloodbath in her bad.
Stiles-Malia nickname is Stalia, not whatever you used. And really? You want to find a Catholic moral in a TW gag?
Another moral about Liam's change? You really sound like a preacher yourself. And what would be this other lesson?
Scott should assume his alphaness? What does this even mean?? It doesn't make sense in English, sorry.

In conclusion, do you even watch the show? You got the names of half the character wrong, and it seems like you're more interesting in drawing moral lessons rather than actually commenting on the show and picking up clues.
More +
Flag
Where is this allison being spelled with one "l" come from. I've looked everywhere can only find it spelled with 2 "l"s on everything I have looked at.
Flag
OK
Flag
I guess I find it too convenient that assassinating all the dream team is because of Allison, I am still saying that the Argents clean their dirty laundry in the family.And I guess I have a bugging hunch that Bernard is involved somehow. But you are right and I am wrong on this one.
Flag
@wolffanatic: just by Googling I found these Alisons who spell their name with a single "l": swweeney, krauss,brie,lohman,dilaurentis,haislip. So the alternate spelling exists, but is it the Argent's Ally?
Flag
I've seen this elsewhere about the spelling of her name, I could be wrong but I can't find anywhere where it is spelled with one "l"
Flag
They didn't find the list in Lydia's mother's house. It was on Lydia's computer she had it before and she brought it in the house.
Flag
Yes, but the computer was found in what I gather from Lydia, a secret room.Her mother could have confused computers.and the PC was on the table when she was talking with Beer Werewolf.
Flag
Sorry, was confusing.she did not bring the computer with her but fond it open when talking to beer guy and complained it's an expensive PC. One of the assassin teen couple was close by to listen to their conversation and paid the guy, who we know was a trap.But he was close to the open computer when Lydia was not there. But the computer is not the issue. It is the "secret" room where Lydia found the weird vinyl, and this was definitely in her mom's house.
Flag
the room wasn't secret she just didn't know the room was sound proof and how it was set up with the record player it makes it look like maybe her grandmother was a banshee
Flag
No the disc player and the vinyl were real but she just heard noise, a code where others would have heard music. Like in season 3B when Aiden touch the red string in Stiles room he just heard a string noise when she heard voices. She's a banshee so she can hear things that others cannot.
Flag
@ukeishiro: okay, but the vinyl was still in this normal room which Lydia thought was weird because of her powers.Or the vinyl and the record player where also figments of her imagination?
Flag
I don't think it's a secret room it's a normal room which was weird for a moment because of Lydia's power. I think she brought the computer with her she already had it before in school or elswhere when she was trying to break the code.
Flag
Definitely not days of survival? Why would it have a bunch of random kids as the top 'survivalists'? And the cool kids with only a few days, because that makes sense elohel.
Flag
So you think that Kyra's life is worth six dollars? Even if a unit is a thousand dollars, it still is ridiculously low for one of top players.The same point you made applies here too, why would a random number of kids all be worth 250 units, way more than our dream team. Furthermore, you are not addressing why not use Hunters who would do it for free rather than have all these assassins into Beacon Hill.
But to respond to your concern, it does make more sense to get rid of the strong powered "enemy" first, then get rid of the other unsuspecting kids at one go.The random kids are not top survivalist as you put it, but are the ones who pose a lesser threat.
Flag
So you think that the family of cannibals, of which the Mute guy disposed so easily, was much harder to defeat then a bunch of werewolves? Even when the unique weapon of Mute guy is an axe, and even throwing it at Peter from long distance (surely a fatal blow from somebody without supernatural strength) barely slows him down?
Flag
I think the numbers on the deadpool list are odds, not dollars or days or kills or what have you. The wendingo family and the keg delivery werewolf went down pretty easily—it makes sense that it's 250 to 1 odds that they'd survive an attack. Kira is a near-immortal kitsune with a lot of powers. It would be hardest for an experienced hunter to take her down, so 6 to 1 odds on the list for her to survive an attack, the worst odds on the list for a hunter. Derek has survived a lot of attempts on his life, so again, not the easiest odds for a hunter to win, etc.
Flag
(Comments are nested too deep to reply directly.)

Lydia can sense death, so she would probably run like hell if she sensed it coming for her. Hard to catch!

Yes, I think the easier the odds for the assassin the lower the payout, so the Mute started out by going after the easier family to get a bunch at once, then moving on to the single but higher payout Derek.

As far as hunters, 1) some hunters follow the code, so would not go after targets like keg-wolf. 2) Maybe the Benefactor is in some kind of hurry? A big bounty pulls in the pros fast. It looks like there are a lot of supernatural beings who have been in Beacon Hills for a while. This is a way to go after all of them in a short timeframe, unlike the way they've been able to quietly live under the radar, previously.
Flag
That is a very interesting theory. Wouldn't Lydia be easier than 20-1
Flag
OKay, I buy it is odds, but how can this be a factor for assassins? Unless, odds factor somehow in the price range per assassination? Any ideas? Also, again why not use free Hunters?
Flag
Whew, a wee bit harsh? Lol. I kinda agree though. I mean come on, is he an Alpha or not? It looks like everyone and their grandma can kick his butt! It seems he only wins in the season finale, and its not because he is an uber skilled supernatural beast. I mean I love how nice and great Scott is ( I do love Scott) and I'm glad he can triumph over evil with just his goodness etc...but come on writers, lets buff him up a bit. I mean can't he control his newborn beta or what?
Flag
My adverse reaction to Scott is mainly that he has made in the past seasons a lot of tactical mistakes that were corrected again and again by either Stiles, but mostly by Derek. His wishy-washy attitude towards his power is just plain stupid: it is as if you, let's pretend, a right handed man/woman decided not to use your right arm for the day.
Another example: Let us suppose that you are so good at your work, that management makes you employee of the month. The fact that you did not ask for it, does not dispel you of the responsibilities of being a role model. Scott is an Alpha, and not assuming his rank and power is just an insane behavior.
Flag
What you say is pretty much not true. In season 2, the way to finally defeat Gerard was found by Scott, and his plot was unknown to everybody else (perhaps except Deaton), in particular Derek nor Stiles saved the day. In season 3b, he eventually was the one defeating the Nogitsune, together with Kira… while in season 3A he managed to break the mountain ash seal to get rid of the Dark Druid.
What you call tactical mistakes are just his own way to be an alpha, where the first rule is "do not harm". Like when Stiles wanted to kill Jackson and Scott refused to… for as much as I disliked Jackson and would have loved to see him die, you can't deny that Scott's strategy was, in the end, successful. It's not a case if Boyd first and Isaac after decides that they want to be like him because "he seems to be trying to do the right thing".
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members