A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S04E06: "Orphaned"

Usually when we see monsters on TV we're not thinking about their spiritual lives. It's just like, hey what do you look like in a towel? Like, yeah monster, you regularly deal with profound issues of loss and fear and mortality, but are you fine as h*ck? That's the main thing we all wonder about TV monsters. But some of them have thriving internal lives full of wants and needs and fears, and it shouldn't come as a shock that many of them turn to religion to deal. And it makes sense that different monsters might gravitate toward different belief systems. Obviously witches are pretty into Wicca and aliens are into Scientology, but what about werewolves? What belief system do werewolves rely upon for inner peace? Finally, finally this issue has been addressed. At least according to "Orphaned," many werewolves are Buddhist. Sounds about right! All that meditation helps them control their werewolf urges probably. But now I'm suspicious that certain prominent Buddhists might secretly be werewolves? What was Tina Turner doing during the last full moon? Somebody please check into this, I'm too afraid to.

Anyway, yeah. Buddhist werewolves are a thing and THANK JAH for that. (What is Jah.)

"Orphaned" was a good and fun and eventful episode. Let's talk about it!

What kind of car is this? Is it a Tercel? A Honda Fit? I don't know cars very well. Doesn't matter, all that matters is Aunt Kate was sleeping in it.

But then she woke up and immediately did what you or I do whenever we wake up: check the tape player. And guess what she found?

The tape actually had a sweet spoken-word jam, something about the Hale family. Seemed like it was supposed to have been recorded by the Benefactor but it kind of sounded like Peter Hale to me, just my opinion.

So then we cut to four weeks/one month later and got THIS scene. Guys, this part where Kate walked through the carnage of an assassin massacre (a massacre of assassins) just gave me chills. Imagine going back to Season 1... at that time, did you ever think you'd see something like THIS on Teen Wolf? A were-jaguar lady teaming up with a giant monster with Freddy Krueger claws to murder tons of biker assassins (assassins who are bikers) like something out of T2: Judgment Day? Well, that happened in this episode.

So clearly Kate Argent found out about the dead pool and decided to lay waste to any assassins who wanted to take part in it. Just like in Season 3, I love that there are multiple factions of villains and they occasionally fight EACH OTHER. So entertaining/satisfying. Anyway, this captive dude didn't know NUTHIN' about no cassette tape and then another dude started firing his pistol at Aunt Kate.

Aunt Kate is not to be trifled with. Why don't these assassins know that by now?

Meanwhile at school, Violet had come to after Scott bonked her head against the wall (imagine waking up with your face pressed to the floor of a boys' locker room) and the sheriffs were leading her out and she kept eyeballing Scott like she was already fantasizing about using his death-money to buy the extra-big cheeseburger at Fatburger.

Meanwhile the hunk-jerk-dick-bully from the other lacrosse team was spitting yellow junk all over Deaton's office!

But I guess his perfect torso was too slippery and Derek's werewolf strength was fading so everybody lost their grip on him and he busted right outta there!

Fortunately Peter Hale arrived to do what he does best: harm teenagers. (So he's personally stealing all of Derek's powers, right?)

I guess the only way to cure a werewolf of yellow wolfsbane is to cut their chest and let them 'toot' it out. Yes we are talking straight-up chest farts and they do NOT look like they smell good. Just imagine that smell. No, go on, close your eyes and try and imagine what those chest toots must smell like. Not great, right?

This was what Scott found in Garrett's locker. And it was just in time, too!

The McCalls' power had been shut off! Now, don't get me wrong, I love that this season is dealing with the families' financial problems. That is a thing that would stress out any teen, and it's real and it's terrible. But I also don't understand. Why exactly is Mrs. McCall so broke all of the sudden? Is Scott's werewolf metabolism making the grocery bills too high? Can't she Extreme Coupon? And doesn't Agent McCall pay child support? Is he sleeping on the couch but not contributing toward utilities? Did the McCalls' bear bones get stolen also? I don't follow, is what I'm saying. And how come EVERYBODY got poor at the same time? Do they all bank at Gringotts? I have questions. Financial questions. Where is Suze Orman?

Meanwhile I guess Liam's friend now knows that Garrett and Violet were assassins, but he doesn't know about Liam's superpowers even though Liam openly demonstrates them in front of him.

Anyway, so then Liam got hit by a car.

It was Garrett! How did he know Liam would be running on that trail up ahead of his friend and then stopping to wheeze in the middle of the road and then how did Liam not hear the car coming from a mile away? Doesn't matter. All that matters is Garrett stabbed Liam with his poison dagger and dragged him away! Just one tiny boy kidnapping another tiny boy, no big deal.

Meanwhile at school Malia couldn't pay attention in class because literally zero of her friends had attended school that day and I guess nobody SnapChatted her to tell her. But then Derek resorted to his old tricks of creepin' around the high school and he recruited her for a secret mission.

I guess the hot lacrosse bully dude's pack was hiding in the woods and Derek needed Malia's help to find them. Also they were werewolf descendants from that one Japanese internment camp werewolf that set Kira's mom's boyfriend on fire. Oh, what tangled webs we weave.

Meanwhile the kids confronted Parrish about why his name was on the death pool:

GOOD SAVE, PARRISH. Wtf even are you? Besides A LIAR.

Oh, here's where Garrett took Liam:

A well! Liam was trapped in a well. Also he had poison in his system and was going to die unless somebody saved him. Which led to Garrett contacting Scott to make a deal:

Scott had to recover Violet from the authorities in order to get Liam back. Seemed fair. Just kidding, that did not seem fair, Garrett is a jerk. THAT ANGEL FACE THO. Hold on, brb.

Okay I'm back. FROM JAIL.

Meanwhile the kids decided they needed to chat with Meredith to get that third list uncracked, and Parrish took them to Eichen House for an illicit visit with everyone's favorite #2 banshee. But then that dick-orderly wouldn't let them in on account of being a dick. So then Parrish had to sorta-blackmail him about his DUI record.

Um yes, this is Lydia flipping him the double-bird, but it was so quick that clearly someone tried to edit it out and only weirdos who watch these episodes frame-by-frame every week could truly register it. But it happened. It happened!

So the plan was for Scott to, I guess, run in front of the FBI car that was carrying Violet (and Scott's dad and Sheriff Stilinski) or whatever and then Garrett would snatch up his girlfriend and they'd go be orphan assassins somewhere else where the FBI couldn't find them. Perfect plan. But then it was interrupted by the fact that the FBI car had ALREADY been flipped over in the road.

And when Scott ran over to help the Dads, Garrett just got out his lacrosse knife-on-a-stick and started waving it around at everybody like a jerk. WITH AN ANGEL FACE.

But then WHOOPS. He got his ass handed to him by a Berserker! He honestly shouldn't have waved his knife at that Berserker. Berserkers are basically impossible to kill and Garrett is, how do I put this kindly? A tinyboy. Anyway, it looks like he's probably dead now but I hope not? This show almost never kills bad guys, so why start now? 

And then Scott got totally stabbed as well. 

Poor guy.

Also having a pretty bad time were our favorite banshee-interrogators.

But unfortunately Meredith no longer wanted to provide valuable exposition to our heroes, something about how the Benefactor wouldn't let her. Meaning she was in contact with the Benefactor somehow. Also her scream made Lydia's ears bleed, but you never know with banshees, maybe there were secret codes buried in her shriek. Stay tuned on that one.

This was cute:

I just love whenever Scott and Argent have moments like this. Argent is way more of a dad to Scott than Scott's actual dad is. But now they are partners too. So after yanking the Berserker blade out of Scott's body he made Scott smell it to get the scoop on where the Berserkers had been hanging out. 

Meanwhile Liam was still in that well living out his very own Dark Knight Rises scenario:

I thought this part was ALSO cute, when Liam was reminiscing about the times Scott has helped him get control of his anger and all that. I am always going to be a sucker for this werewolf-on-werewolf mentorship stuff, and I'm glad Teen Wolf's writers didn't go full-brat with Liam. He seems like a sweet kid and I like how much he likes Scott.

So then Scott legit ran across the whole town on all fours while Argent followed along in his SUV. Seems like an awkward way to do things; hopefully Scott brings Purell wherever he goes. Then they showed up at the Argent family munitions distributorship which is out of business. Even though, you'd think that a town with this high of a death rate would be purchasing ammo like crazy, but times are tough all around I guess. 

Anyway, Kate and the Berserkers had taken Violet and Scott needed to find Violet so that they could find out where Liam was. And Argent had a plan:

Meanwhile in the woods, Derek and Malia realized that the werewolf pack they were tracking was Buddhist so that meant they must be hiding in a totally separate part of the woods for whatever reason. But whoops, they were too late:

And guess who else was nearby?

Braeden! Guys, my guess is the Mexican Fratelli brothers did this, but who knows. I'm not thrilled about the idea that monsters are suddenly powerless victims all over town and they are constantly being murdered by regular humans, but whatever. We're in a definite monster holocaust situation now.

Meanwhile in the old Argent building, Aunt Kate made a splashy entrance.

And then they all fought! And everyone punched everyone and a Berserker carried Scott across the room and threw him on the floor. That's when he saw this:

Whoooops. Sorry, Violet. You look very dead now. Maybe next time don't be a 15-year-old assassin? (P.S. is there some kind of teen assassin training facility nearby? Like a Femme Nikita situation where they train orphans from birth? Let me know.)

But then it looked real bad for Argent:

Phew! Kate might be a monster but she's not a monster

Then Liam got fed up with falling back in the well so much, and he resorted to Plan B:

SO GOOD. Just a couple of wet boys huggin'.

Meanwhile in Stiles' bedroom detective headquarters, he and Lydia guessed that the key names had been not just dead people, but maybe people also who MIGHT die in the future. So then Lydia closed her eyes and started typing, but instead of typing "LITERALLY EVERYBODY," she typed this:

Whoa, that list is even WORSE than the last one. Malia! Liam! Liz Moore! Just kidding, screw Liz Moore, she's on her own after what she did, she knows why.

But then, guess who removed HERSELF from the dead pool?

Aw, poor Meredith. She did not have the best life in my opinion. Just hanging out in a mental hospital where sexy teens would show up and ask for her help but then never invite her to hang out. Farewell, you weird lady. May you scream at all the angels in heaven.

Meanwhile they saved Liam's life by making his chest fart. And at that point Scott came to a major realization:

His new goal was to save EVERYBODY's lives on that death pool, including flesh-eating murderers, didn't matter. Scott was now against death in all way, shapes, and forms, and that is probably a goal that won't fail at any point for the rest of the season. Good luck, Scott!

Meanwhile Mrs. McCall was still hanging around being all bummed about being a poor person. But then Scott and Stiles realized that Garrett probably wouldn't need all his blood money anymore!

They also found another tape in his duffel bag:

Uh-oh. What did it meeeeeean? No really, what did it mean? Guys I'm so tired.

This was really disgusting:

Like, I get that Aunt Kate is a hobo, but why is she taking baths with SEWER WATER? That is truly gross. At least she used to be classier by taking sink-baths at the gas station, but this just made my stomach turn. Being a were-jaguar does not look very fun to be honest. Anyway, Peter Hale had shown up to offer Kate a deal!

First of all, Kate seems to be very chill about the fact that Peter Hale murdered her that one time. But anyway, the deal was that he'd help her control her were-jaguar powers and in exchange she would help him get "power." Over what? Not clear. Over Beacon Hills? Man, that town is one season away from becoming a shanty village. Over the other monsters? They currently seem vulnerable as h*ck, so no worries there. Or did he mean "power" like as in power over Kate in a sexy 50 Shades of Grey kind of way? That is too gross to think about. We know that he definitely wants his bear bones back, so that makes sense. But yeah, long story short, Kate and Peter are going to work together now. Because why not.

I liked "Orphaned," did you like "Orphaned"? I liked it. All the villains' schemes are getting more complicated and there was a legit body count in this episode that can't be denied. Poor Garrett and Violet. Poor Buddhist werewolves. (At least the hot bully dick jock jerk is still alive though?) But yeah, overall, this was a fun episode. This season is HAPPENING.

K bye

QUESTIONS

... What is Parrish?

... Who is the Benefactor?

... Is it cool or very cool that Buddhist werewolves can control their B.O.?

... How'd everybody get so broke?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

942 Comments
Comments (943)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Did no one else see a little something between Derek and Malia? No? K.
Flag
Dude they're cousins!
Flag
Ok so it is going to sound like I didn't like this episode, but I swear I did, it was typical Teen Wolf craziness.

But that being said the whole premise of having to "find" Liam was ridiculous the whole time I was sitting here like, why aren't they just howling? They do remember they can locate each other by howling right?

I love that beginning with Kate. Even with the skull mask that Beserker seemed to be expressing what a crazy b*tch Kate was lol.

I am not sure why everyone is broke all of a sudden either. I get Stiles to a certain degree, his dad was fired for a while and now all these medical bills. Lydia and Scott though I have no clue, it always seemed like Lydia was rich and Scott was just average middle class. Regardless, why don't we sell the nice houses and all move into Argent's apartment building. Or Stilinski and Melissa can move in together to save on money. I don't know people, downsize.

I do love that Peter gets sh*t done, he is just awesome. Evil, but awesome.

I am curious as to whether or not that is the well from TVD, like at least Liam was floating in vervain and not wolfsbane.

I was a little disappointed they let Parrish get away with not answering any questions about himself. I really want more Parrish please. I do appreciate that Stiles likes him.

And just putting it out there, but Scott's dad is like the worst FBI agent ever. Seriously what is his specialty, cause he can't seem to handle anything.

Finally, do we think Braedon poisoned everyone? Do we think Derek will now get a discount on her fee?
More+
Flag
Melissa said her hours were cut at the hospital, which is why they are making less.
Flag
Ok but when did that happen, how did she go from being fine to her power getting shut off, she is months behind on bills. That lady is always working, cut hours my ass. I don't know I still find it suspicious that everyone is going broke at the same time. Perhaps at the end of this season or next season we will deal with an evil leprechaun or a dragon, or a dwarf, and they have been the one stealing everybody's money. Right now it all seems a little over the top dire regarding the money situation.
Flag
It must run in the family. Scott's dad is a little lacking as and FBI agent, Scott, needs a little help as an Alpha.
Flag
Aww, I was hoping you'd have an anecdote about the "cousins (Derek and Malia) going hunting together"!
Flag
loved the Scott/Liam scene, I thought it was super sweet.
Flag

1) What is Parrish? who knows

2) Who is the Benefactor? some dude

3) Is it cool or very cool that Buddhist werewolves can control their B.O.? yes

4) How'd everybody get so broke? excellent question

Flag
Don't know what came over Garret thinking he could take on the Berserkers. Maybe Parrish is a Chimera or a Manticore.
Flag
I think Parrish is either a Raven or Phoenix. Raven bc of the nogitsune saying "Raven, coyote, fox" and we have a coyote and fox, or phoenix bc phoenixes are forever young and everyone always talks about how young he is, and his car's on fire in the previews, and the whole "rise from the ashes" thing...
There's a theory going around that Agent McCall is the benefactor. I'm not sure, but that would be one SERIOUS mind f*ck.
It's VERY cool.
Scott's never had a lot of money, and neither did Stiles, plus crazy pills aren't cheap.
Flag

This this is the photo MTV posted on facebook. Too me, it looks like Scott's body's going through the same s**T it did when he was a beta. But this time it's his alpha werewolf puberty.. Lol. I'm taking it's in due effect of him biting and creating a beta. It's like a step closer to becoming an actual wolf like talia. His teeth are becoming way more aggressive,, he seems to be maturing super fast in front of us. Cause in the mid season finale it shows us an actual wolf, I'm hoping it's Scott.. But it's probably satomi

Flag
Well i guess the first 2 werent that much since it was just scott being infected, I was hoping a little more might be happening.
Flag
Yeah I was way off.. But still hope it happens lol
Flag
See I was hoping it was Talia, though that isn't the one they used for her last time. This one looks more like a dog or a dark dingo than a wolf
Flag
My thought is it's malia's mom now. The Mexican hunters were after a she wolf. I think it's malias momma
Flag
That would be cool, but I thought turning into a full wolf was supposed to be really rare, that's why Talia was so revered and people would come to her. I would think that if there was another one like her than people would know about it.
Flag
Remember there was something in the preview between lydai, scott, liam: probably not in the same scene about him becoming more of a monster/werewolf. The one where Lydia says not all monsters do monsterous things.
Flag
I remember that! Good point as well!
Flag
I do think the wolf is satomi though or a hale flashback to talia
Flag
Parrish- Phoenix?

Benefactor- Peter. The only one not on the list. Plus, no one else would know
about Liam. The Heist was a cover. The whole thing is his way of getting to Scott so he can take the Alpha power.

Cool, but situational. Only useful for some sort of Pack War.

Shapeshifting is hard on money?
Flag
I would like Parrish to be a phoenix now, in hopes that he can save Derek if he does die like this episode and the midseason promo suggests
Flag
I don´t know about Peter being the benefactor. Why would he put his own daughter on the list? He seemed pretty keen to get to know her.
Flag
I´m pretty sure that when Peter talks about Power he means becoming an alpha again. And since the only alpha around these days is Scott I´m guessing that by the end of this season Scott will be back to being a beta. At least for a while.
Besides isn´t that what Peter said he was going to do two seasons ago when he killed that witch/druid at the end of the season? That he only helped Scott become a true alpha so he could take the power away from him? It would be about time he finally went through with that plan.
Flag
As far as we know, the only way to become an alpha - besides true alpha - is stealing alpha powers from another alpha, by killing him. Hence if Peter plans to get Scott's alpha powers, I don't see how he could be a beta again… He's either staying an alpha, or dead.
Flag
And you need to be a member of the same pack to steal another werewolf's powers.
Flag
Absolutely not. It's more common for this to happen, just because an alpha has way more interactions with his betas than with other betas, but it doesn't NEED to be this way.
Flag
I can't give an example because we have not heard of any, but it doesn't mean that it cannot happen… it was never explicitly mentioned "a beta can only kill his own alpha, to become an alpha"
Flag
Could you give an example in the show where a werewolf stole a non-pack werewolf's power. Deucalion's plotline was focused on werewolves destroying their own packs to gain power.
Flag
During the opening in Kate's car, did anyone notice the switchblade on the dashboard. Could that be significant. I can't remember Kate using one, Can anyone remember anyone who used one?
Flag
I think she was supposed to use it to end her life but used it to escape the hunters
Flag
You know that was switchblade the hunter threw to her, I missed exactly what it was.
Flag
Your recaps are awesome!

So the benefactor...

Gerard would be an easy answer...I don't think he realizes Peter Hale is alive...he his the whole time in that showdown + then Gerard was in the home. I would rather have his story line wrap up than Peters....he is such a fun baddie

Am I the only one that thinks it could be the lady hunter...from mexico? Scott bit an innocent now. Most of the others on the list have blue eyes + she keeps popping in + out.

Daddy Tate also set a bunch of traps to catch Malia so not ruling him out. I just found that a weird reaction + he totally would have shot her... So he isn't a SN fan

I agree w the others it could be the orderly... Or I'd at least like to see someone give him a bigger dose of his medicine than Coach did. Plus he could have killed Meredith.

As for what is Parrish. I think he is a good guy. I like the phoenix + Issac brother theories but if he is he doesn't remember. He also seems to be really intuitive, he pops up in a lot of situations like Lydia....

Can't wait for the next episode + recap :)

More+
Flag
All of Satomi's pack we saw were gold, except her, obviously. Malia is only blue from an accident in her childhood. Liam's gold. Scott's would be gold if her were still Beta The only ones we could consider to be most likely evil are the Wendigos.
Flag
*oops meant Peter *hid the whole time for the season 2 showdown
Flag
Love these recaps... It extends the life of the show past one day to a whole week event until the next episode. I enjoy reading the recaps and comments just as much as I love watching the show!!!!! Thank you Price!!!!!!
Flag
I liked Orphaned very, very much! In fact, A LOT MUCH. Loved seeing Derek and Malia work together. Was it just me, or did there seem to be some understated protective familial affection already brewing there even though they don't yet know they're related? I hope that, when they do learn, they end up having a very protective sibling kind of relationship. That is my dream. Teen Wolf, you gave me my dream of Malia, maybe you can make this one a reality too.

I'm also guessing that Malia being listed as "Malia Hale" on the benefactor list means that A. The Benefactor knows she's Peter's child and B. This is how she's going to find OUT she's Peter's child which is pretty traumatic for a newly turned teenage were-coyote girl (OR ANY GIRL I WOULD GUESS)?!

"Man, that town is one season away from becoming a shanty village" - Psst...I think it already is Price!
Great episode, great recap...can you believe we only have 6 left?! :-(
Flag
I think your right about Milia finding out. Poor girl
Flag
hi, i am from Nicaragua i love this show and in fact i do think Gerard is the Benefactor and Parrish is a Fenix, but is Derek getting back his powers somehow?? or are we loosing one of the hottest werewolf of all times?? why is he loosing his powers? and does Scott will take back his kindness and kill the benefactor once they have the chance???? i hope to read ur answer pretty soon . Bye
Flag
All I know is that is we lose Derek I will be a absolute mess, and yes is is one of the hottest werewolf's of all time. I never thought about Parrish being a phenix that might explain why his bounty is so high and why he likes disarming bombs, realistically he would just return from the ashes, isn't that the theme for this season anyway rising from the ashes.
Flag
I'm wondering in the next episode how Lydia's mom knows something is going on. She seems to be a little suspicious. But I'm guessing we will figure that out.

Here's my list of possible benefactors,
**--Peter (Seems a little obvious)
**--Kate (It would be a little surprise, she seems to be hunting the benefactor) Here character doesn't seem to be totally bad.
**--Gerard--Lots of info on the supernaturals, seems a little obvious though.
**--Parrish (Hope not, I sorta hope he is a good guy)
**--Deputy Haigh--the jerk deputy that tased young derek. We haven't really seen him since episode 2 and he just showed up.
Flag
Add the new Math teacher to my list as well.
Flag
I was just glancing back at my list and realized I left the orderly from the eichen house off the list. He is pretty high on it actually.

Almost 900 comments wow?
Flag
I was thinking that douchebag orderly was an assassin, and he was the one who killed Meredith and made it look like suicide.

But now that you mention, he had the perfect opportunity to intimidate her about giving info to Scott's pack. If the big bad is your official guard, you keep your mouth shut!

Good theory!
Flag
I totally forgot about Gerald I'm wondering when they are going to incorporate him back in to the show.
Flag
Wow, this must be breaking every record in comments number!?

I am happy that the story about Kate coming back to life wasn't all about Kate, because I don't quite like the character. It's been a lot better than I expected. However, I didn't like this episode as much as the previous ones. Well, I don't doubt it will go up again next week.
Flag
What if benefactor has some sort of a predictive power? He could be supernatural creature too.
Flag
1. Sexy awesome
2. Isaac and Danny
3. Supernatural deodorant = very nifty
4. They spent it all on spa visits, gym passes and hair gel. It's not easy looking that good.
Flag
It's a Camaro super sport.

Scott's family has always been broke, they made mention of it in season 1, and Stilinski's are broke because of Stiles' hospital and mental hospital bills.
I can't wait to know what Perrish is, I also can't wait till Malia sees this list and registers that her last name is Hale.

Personally yeah I think Peter is taking Derek's power, because he let Derek go after Kate even though he clearly knew Kate didn't take the money, so it seems to be a ploy to distract Derek, who's looking more for his power than the money.

P.S That let's mess up video stores together line, is the best pickup line i've ever heard.
Flag
I really liked this episode, everyone was moving forward in their arcs/plots with the exception of Scott. (But he is forgiven due to wanting to save his bb were cub Liam) Cannot wait for monday!

Questions:
1) I have no idea and there are literally thousands of creatures he could be. I only hope he stays a good. Please, Please don't make him go dark side!
2) There are so many possibilities! Many people seem to think it's Gerard. But Peter is so suspicious! I have also seen theories for Danny =( I have a question though has it been confirmed anywhere that the benefactor is a single person?? Could the benefactor be a group of people? My theory is Gerard is manipulating Kate and Danny into helping him. Danny doing all the tech and providing some of the info. That is my theory on the table.
3) Very cool, I know alpha werewolves can cover their scent. But it is so cool to know that with enough control over your body betas and possibly omegas can as well.
4) Since season 1, the McCall's has always shown that money is tight. They say gov jobs never pay well so the Stilinski's also make sense. The hospital and school have all those remodeling jobs to pay for and the Martin's could be due to the divorce. But I am not a parent of a supernatural teenager I am just guessing.
More+
Flag
Did you know that Liam (Dylan Sprayberry) is actually 16??? He was born in 1998! How cool is that?
Flag
So it was a little weird when Jill Wagner (Kate) on Wolf Watch was talking about how hot he was.
Flag
It was on wolf watch, it was a little odd.
Flag
I just thought it was interesting considering at comic con there was a question about Lydia and Parrish and Derek (Tyler H) asked "you know she is underage" or something close to that. And then the older kate kissing teenage derek.
Flag
There tends to be a double standard in regard to those issues in real life so I wouldn't be surprised if there was in the show.
Flag
Haha! I haven't seen that, but I'm definitely going to!
I haven't dug myself into interviews with the cast, because I was afraid it would break the "magic".
Flag
Maybe adorable would've been a more accurate description.
Flag
Well, he IS hot :)
You just know he's gonna grow up to be a dashing man in a couple years
Flag
There is something weird about that list... the Wendigo family was killed before Liam turned into a werewolf, yet both are on the list. So, either the list is updated in real time or we have a loophole in the script!!

Regarding the Benefactor, in this moment my money's on Peter. Staging the theft of his own money (which, in passing, was done while only he was in the crypt because Kate had already fled... who knows what happened in reality?) is the perfect way to deflect suspicions. The motive is a bit murky, but it could be related to an elaborate plan to steal the alphadom from Scott (the close shot on his eyes when he whispers "power" to Kate, a scene that is just after the one where Scott declares he wants to save all the people of the list). Also, he's not on the list.

The list of people that can be the Benefactor is also awfully small: he/she must be someone that has some link to Allison, Aiden and Derek (the passwords), who knows the connection between Malia and the Hales, and who's very well informed on the supernatural creatures of Beacon Hills (newbie Liam included).
More+
Flag
I don't find it hard to believe that the list is updated in real time… maybe when Liam was turned the Benefactor just modified the other bounties to give also Liam his share of importance.

Actually, I seem to remember that Peter joins Kate and baby Derek in the crypt, Derek gets mad and go out to help Scott against the berserkers, and only then the Benefactor (or whoever it was) arrives to steal the money… he/she throws a few smoke grenades in while both Peter AND Kate are inside.

I don't think it's necessary that the Benefactor has some link to Allison, Aiden or Derek. It's possible that Lydia "felt" somehow the list due to her banshee powers, but her subconscious hid the list behind those passwords. In other words, maybe the Benefactor was not the one choosing the passwords.
Flag
Kate left when the smoke bombs came in, she also called the berserkers away.
Flag
Gerard is the benefactor
Flag
Hey guys...where's Gerard?
Flag
Isn't he dying in a corner somewhere?
Flag
New Benefactor theory:

On the tape Kate got at the beginning of the episode, the voice talks about the Hale family and says "not all of their children would become werewolves".

Maybe the Benefactor is a character we haven't met yet. Maybe he's a Hale who never became a werewolf and hates them for it (because he feels less then them, or is jealous or something)

This would explain why the Benefactor knew about the Hale vault, and that Malia's actually a Hale!
An old Hale would know about the supernatural creatures of Beacon Hills too.
He/she could also have special ties to Peter and would leave him out of the list.
Flag
I'd been poking around at this idea as well. It certainly seems like the Benefactor is too familiar with the Hale family and their past to be unrelated, though admittedly he seems to have some kind of pseudo-psychic abilities anyway to be able to out all of Beacon Hills' supernaturals. But it just doesn't feel right that it would be Peter.
Flag
Well, we don't know for sure if he outed ALL of Beacon Hills' supernaturals, and not just a lot of them.
He could still be human, with a sidekick who has psychic abilities . . . or he just has informers.
God, is it Moonday yet???
Flag
I really liked Meredith. Was hoping she'd stick around :(
Why isn't Peter on the list?
And how do they know that Malia is a Hale?

Flag
I really liked Meredith as well.
Flag
Deaton is the Benefactor. Heck, this episode even legit had a cut from "Who is the Benefactor?" to Deaton's face for frick's sake!

And the McCall's are likely broke because of all that wrecking the teen werewolves frequently do to the house :(
Flag
I just don't buy it. He is crazy loyal to the Hale family and Scott. I also don't think they would have another Druid bad guy. It makes sense because they would know a lot of supernaturals, but I just don't think they would do it again. At the very least I think they would use another random Druid, not Deaton.
Flag
Towards the end of Buffy, she also had money problems and made a comment about how expensive it was to replace the furniture every time there was a monster attack!
Flag
Do you really think that he would suddenly try to kill Scott and all his pack, after everything he's done to protect and save them in the past seasons?
Flag
When they cut to him and he said to Scott that he thought he'd be asleep for longer (or whatever it was) I had a split second where I though he was the Benefactor too. Would make a great twist. I'm assuming he knows who every supernatural is in Beacon Hills, so he would be in prime position to populate the list, but I don't really think it's him.......
Flag
Deaton being the Benefactor makes no sense. What possible motive does he have? Furthermore if he wanted them dead he could easily kill a majority of them himself and save the money..
Now on the other hand Gerard being the Benefactor makes a ton of sense. Where has he been since you last saw Scott heal him? I'll tell you where I think he's been. I think he has more than likely been stewing-getting pissed of that he's lost so many family members due to supernatural means. Furthermore hes more than likely still sour that he himself has yet to turn into a were creature. Either that or he is turning slowly and is still just too weak to do anything himself. So why not hire someone to raid the hale vault? (which you would have to be very old to know is there in the first place mind you) The use that money ironically to hire people to kill every supernatural creature in beacon hills.
Makes wayy more sense to me.
Flag
Naw! See, Deaton is a druid. Their roles are to keep the balance. I think there would be a season 3a quote explicitly mentioning this.

And with all the deaths, I assume he's decided it's high time to just balance the scales with a cleansing of all the Supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills.
Flag
This was a fun episode indeed. Poor Meredith though! I really hope Peter won't be the Benefactor, it's just too obvious at this point. I mean considering he's not on the list. BUT, in season 3 it was way obvious that the new teacher was the serial killer. (They even revealed it pretty early on in the midseason-trailer) So who knows. I'm liking Liam more and more, so that's a good thing since he'll be a series regular next season.
Flag
Try to find a single use of the phrase 'bearer bonds' in the comments. Nope. BEAR BONES BEAR BONES 4 EVA. THIS IS HOW THE REVOLUTION STARTS
Flag
Hère is my 2 cent about all off this
fisrt Peter is the benefactor
second Derek will become Scott's beta
Flag
will become? because he isn't already?
Flag
I don't think so. The alpha got to bite you right. Derek is a born wolf who is becoming human, losing his power. I think that Scott will save his life with a bite
Flag
Sorry, that was a quip. I think Derek pretty much acts like part of Scott's pack, sort of like how Isaac did. There was no official about it, but actions speak louder than words.

Yeah, I think the show has established that good guy's can't be saved by a bite. It's like a law or something. I imagine if Derek loses his powers, he'll somehow be immune to becoming a werewolf via bite anyway.
Flag
Everyone is forgetting that only a small number of people know Malia is a Hale. So the benifactor must be someone who knows. Any thoughts?
Flag
Well the Benefactor knows so many things about supernatural beings on BH that I think we can assume he/she knows "via unconventional ways"
Flag
I just realized: Kate wasn't bathing in the sewer water, she was trying to cover her scent!
Flag
These are hilarious! I wish you had put the Stiles and Lydia hug in here though, I love them!
Flag
What is Parrish?
Considering what I saw in the trailer, I really have a feeling that Parrish might be something like a phoenix.
Parrish sounds like perished, death... I 'm very much overthinking this, but isn't is possible that Parrish can survive death because it rises from the ashes, like a phoenix.

Who is the Benefactor?
I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a strange feeling that the benefactor could be Chris Argent...
I wouldn't actually blame him, considering that the poor man lost his entire family...

Is it cool or very cool that Buddhist werewolves can control their B.O.?
Yeah! It means that there might be more werewolves in Beacon Hills than we know :D (I just love werewolves!)

How'd everybody get so broke?
Life?
Flag
Which trailer do you mean
Flag
what is B. O.??
Flag
Body odour I guess :P
Flag
I don't think Peter's The Benefactor, that's probably just a red herring to throw people off. If he was The Benefactor, he wouldn't have needed to steal his own money to fund the assassins because nobody knew about in the first place.

I didn't notice Lydia's double bird but that's funny, I rewatched that scene and she did sort of jazz hands and turned it into the double bird.. guess her time on her Bring It On(: Fight to the Finish) movie taught her some evolutions to spirit fingers?

I also don't think Parrish knows that he's not a normal human, much like Lydia didn't know she was a banshee until that murderous teacher told her in what seems to be 5 years ago but was actually only last summer (WTF!). I hope we get some kind of confirmation though and they don't just keep it like oh he's something but who knows what he is! until it just randomly happens seasons later.

if everybody's so broke, why don't they just open a male strip club and hire the wolves? or some kind of hunk waiting service. seriously. they barely ever keep their shirts on.
Flag
I would definitely hire their services if they opened something like what you described in your last paragraph lol
Flag
Lol a werewolf strip club would work.
Flag
Peter is the benefactor
Flag
I think The Benefactor is Peter Hale because he is not on the deadpool and he want the money and power S04 EP06. Maybe Peter will be ally with Kate
Flag

"Or did he mean "power" like as in power over Kate in a sexy 50 Shades of Grey kind of way?"

meow.
Flag
Can anyone please inform me about whether Peter is or is not on the list?
Flag
It's basically a re-post from way below, but here's the full dead pool list. Peter isn't on it.

Keyword: Allison
Sean Walcott 250
David Walcott 250
Michael Walcott 250
Christina Walcott 250

Lydia Martin 20
Scott McCall 25
DeMarco Montana 250
Derek Hale 15
Carrie Hudson 500
Kayleen Bettcher 250
Kira Yukimura 6
Elias Town 250

Keyword: Aiden
Kate Argent 12
Noshiko Yukimura 5
Joanne McLaughlin 1
Steve Grace 1
Tom Hill 1
Brett Talbot 1
Reed Schall 250
Richard Benefield 250
Jack Marsland 250
Joy Waldrop 250
Cheryl Calix 250
Jordan Parrish 5

Keyword: Derek
Satomi Ito 10
Malia Hale 4
Liam Dunbar 3
Meredith Walker 1
Liz Moore 1
Patrick Clark 1
Bree Leverett 250
Kaitlyn Schaar 250
Genevive Cary 250
Angelique Fain 250
Lorilee Rohr 250
Brittani Kegley 250
Flag
Thanks for the update, but though he is not on the list, it seams to me that they are just tricking us to believe he is the benefactor (and by they I mean the scriptwriter and the producers) they've done this stuff before. And I don't think Parrish is the benefactor either, he is unaware of his powers, I don't think he is pretending, but who or what is he? He's worth a lot of money... Anything can be expected in this series, I'm really into it.
Flag
Wait a minute. So Kira's mom isn't on the list but she is? And how do they know that Malia is a Hale.
Flag
Kira's mother IS on the list. Noshiko Yukimura in the second third. The question of Malia is much more interesting.
Flag
Whoever it is- is also actively in their lives and knows what's going on because Liam hasn't been a wolf for that long and he's already on the list. I know it's because he's part of Scott's pack... but 3 Mil is kind of a steep for just a baby werewolf.

Flag
Derek said it, Liam's anger issues will make him really strong. That's someone I'd put on the list to take out if I happened to be planning a takeover. Peter is devious.
Flag
He's not.
Flag
I'm wondering if Parrish knows he's supernatural or not. He said he'd felt drawn to Beacon Hills (because of the nemeton) but it would be awkward if he thought he was a normal person.

I'm suspicious of Peter Hale, and I'm thinking the bear bones heist could've been planned so he could use the money for paying folks. Hoping it has nothing to so with Argents or the mexicans.

Also wasn't it mentioned some time a while back that Alphas can control their BO? Along with controlling the camera flash eye thing and probably lots of other fun things.

I think the McCalls are totes broke because all the bad guys keep showing up and ruining their furniture and breaking their windows. Eichen House is the worst and also probably most expensive mental institution around so that's why the Stalinski's are broke, and the school (and lacrosse team) have no money because all the werewolves keep trashing the place and clawing through their lacrosse gear. Damn kids.
Flag
It is Bearer Bonds that were stolen, not bear bones!
Flag
I know. It's a joke Price made in a previous ep. photo recap. =D
Flag
I think bear bones is the name Price came up with as a joke and it's kinda become a thing now.
Flag
Lydia's Mother i guess one of the benefactor have u watched the episode when lydia's mother and peter talking?
Flag
Oh my goodness I love that theory! I can't stop thinking about how Dylan O'Brien said in an interview he'd guessed the identity by the 4th episode...so I'm going crazy trying to guess it.
Flag
That'd be quite the twist but I can't take that woman seriously after seeing her as the worst Mayor ever in The Vampire Diaries...

And wouldn't she have kept her daughter out of the pool?
Flag
I had not even considered her for The Benefactor. ...now that would be a twist!
Flag
He's pretty mature to not be aware he has supernatural powers… now of course, TW has had bigger twists… but I'd be surprised if it turns out he has no idea why he's on that list.
Flag
Agreed. I think he's trying to play it cool like he doesn't know, but it'd be kind of sad if everyone else knew before he did.
Flag
Review twitted by MTVteenwolf! Nice.
This one was especially funny!
Flag
I think maybe the benefactor was indeed the Mute. Didn't Peter steal his communicuff thingy? Who has it now? Wouldn't whoever has it be the one controlling the assassins now because originally, the Mute is the one who was supplying the money. "Money has been transferred to your account" sent from the Mute's communicuff thing to Violet and Garett's (Rest in pieces, twats) cellphone as seen during the scene with Sheriff. So weirdly it looks like Peter could have indeed killed the mute, stole his job as Benefactor and is basically doing what Peter does best: Getting over people to do his dirty work for him while sitting pretty waiting to return to full power? I think there's also a lot of other forces/villains which makes everything so much harder to figure out but of course very exciting! Really enjoying this season so far even though I'm literally losing my mind (and sleep, maybe I'll never tell) about WHAT IS PARRISH. I swear to Jeff Davis that I will thump him a good one is Parrish is made to be evil, you just don't toy with people's emotions like that. End. OF. Story. As for the were-Buddhas, I think that's pretty dang awesome, and I can't wait to see what else they can do???!!!

Everyone is obviously poor because the writers want to show the cast growing up and nothing is more young adult than money problems, ya hurrd.

Quick side note: People who don't just accept the bear bones joke &&&&&&&

Can't wait until Monday, I swear the only thing I look forward to as much as new episodes of Teen Wolf and getting to annoy my boyfriend by talking about it, are these hilarious and awesome recaps. Keep up the witty work, Price! :)

More+
Flag
Peter is one of the benefactor and parrish is a warewolf.
Flag
Parrish is the raven
Flag
NOOOOOOO

i have come to the realization that a possible candidate to be the benefactor is Peter. He wants power and with everyone dead he would be left unchallenged. His name could be on the list as a decoy and the robbery of the safe could be to avoid questions from Derek, plus he seems to be getting stronger as Derek is getting weaker. I really don't want to see that, he is one of my absolutely favourite characters.

On the other hand a more probable candidate would be Gerard who is the worst and i would SOOOO much love to see Scott take him down.
Oh please let it be Gerard. I would love to see him burn.

Flag
Doesn't Peter know Malia is his daughter? If so, why would he put his own daughter on the hit list? That's why I don't think the Benefactor is Peter. I think he's just a sociopath.
Flag
Peter knows Malia's his daughter.

I think a sociopath is exactly the type of person that would put his own kid on a hit list. I really hope he's not the Benefactor though. I'm hoping it's Gerard.
Flag
He does not, unless he figured it out off screen. Lydia revealed to him that he's not just an uncle, but also a father, and he wanted to know who it was, but they got around it somehow. I haven't gotten to watching that episode again yet.
Flag
I agree! Just tell her already! The more you wait the harder it gets. Rip it off like a bandaid!
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
There's really no good time to deliver those news, but what would've happened if Peter had pulled a Darth Vader on Malia? She would've been uber pissed at Scott and everyone else. Better to hear it from a friend than your murderous and manipulative secret dad.

Ugh. Is it Monday yet?!
Flag
Yeah, Scott knows too. He and Stiles talked about how hard it's gonna be to tell Malia in 4x02 (where they talk about Stiles always being the little spoon lol :D)

I guess the didn't tell her before going in to see Peter, because Scott didn't know Malia would be there. She surprised him in front of the building. Scott must have thought he had more time.
I mean he couldn't just tell her in the elevator on their way up: "So hey, I probably should've mentioned it before, but the Satan in the V-neck you're about to meet in a minute. . . IS YOUR DAD!!!" :D
Flag
Ah, you guys are right. I totally missed it the first time because of the special effect they used. I remember not catching what she said and meaning to go back later to watch it.

GDI, Peter. I'm definitely gonna have to watch the scene where he and Malia meet then. I thought he was just being clueless. I'm surprised Scott didn't warn her before they went in. I mean, he was in the same room as Lydia when she told Peter, so it's not like he didn't couldn't hear her.
Flag
Lydia told Peter in episode 10 of 3b as payment for helping Scott and her go into Stiles' mind to separate him from the nogitsune.
Flag
I didn't think she said her name. I'll have to watch again.
Flag
Snowflake is right, Peter does know.
Flag
"He does not" what? Know that Malia's his daughter?

He definintely knows! Season 3 episode 22, at the end of the episode Lydia whispers Malia's name to Peter's ear!

He helped Scott and Lydia separate Stiles from the Nogitsune in exchange for the name of his kid.

How did you guys miss that? It was such an important moment.
Rewatch that episode! It was great!
Flag
Peter's name is not on the list.
Malia's is though. And not as Tate but as Hale. When are they gonna finally gonna tell her she's Peter Jr. ?
Flag
If his name isn't on the list, why was The Mute trying to kill him and knew who he was?
Flag
You obviously haven't seen the full season yet, but fine:

The Mute was there to kill Derek (the whole thing happened at Derek's loft). And I'm assuming a professional assassin does a little background check on his targets, so why the hell wouldn't he know Derek has an uncle that spends half his time at Derek's???
Flag
You have come to the realization… now?
Everytime there's something evil going on, Peter should be on top of everybody's list.
Flag

These recaps are the best ever... you have me laughing out loud on every paragraph! They should hire you to be on the writing staff!
Flag

Also, where did the money they used to "negotiate" for Derek in the first episode come from and where did it go? Could it be the real source of funding for the dead pool? How do three broke kids get their hands on that kind of money? Who is the "Japanese Mafia?" Will something come of this or is it another plot hole on a show that's still fun? I am supposed to just forget about it?
Flag
It's not a plot hole, you're just not aware of what happened in season 3B. Many things will make much more sense if you watch the previous seasons… they're also really fun.
Flag
No, the money they used to negotiate for Derek is part of the money that the yakuza was supposed to give Chris Argent in the previous season to buy his pistol. They didn't get the money since the deal was not sealed, but the Nogitsune planted the money in the Argent's house, to frame Chris for the Yakuza's murder. I guess they just managed to get the money back.
Flag
I just realized that the deadpool says malia hale instead of malia tate... someone knows malias real dad is peter...hmmm
Flag
Yeah right
Flag
Am I the only one that thinks Parrish is the benefactor? He's too involved & what a better way to keep ahead of the gang than to be seem like a victim. We also have no history on him & Sheriff Stalinski mentioned last season that Parrish wanted the transfer to Beacon Hills... Hope I'm wrong cuz he's a cutie in uniform but still...
Flag
If he was the benefactor, and was trying to throw people off his trail by appearing on the list (a pretty stupid idea since it's very likely it would lead to an attempt on your life), you would think you would try to minimize your risk by a) making yourself the most highly valued target on the list thereby implying that you are very hard to kill and increasing the perceived risk to the assasins (like Scott) OR b) the least valued target, thereby making the risk of killing you not as worth it. Parrish is neither. He's worth $5 million, which is more than some people on the list, but much less than quite a few others (Scott, Derek, Lydia, etc.). That basically puts him in prime target range, where the trade off between risk and value is perfect for a would be assassin. If he was really the benefactor, there's no way he'd put himself in that position.
Flag
Thanks! I've said that multiple times but people keeps suggesting this theory...
Flag
That possibility was discussed at large in the previous comments. Why would he put himself on the list, and pay for killers to kill him?
Flag
Also the fact that hes the last one on the list. That has to mean something.
Flag
He's the last one, but on the second part out of three… not very meaningful.
Flag
I can't get over the fact you kept saying bear bones when they are called bearer bonds.
Flag
HAHAHA! Me either. Every week, I'm like wtf, but now I think it's a joke about the Beserkers.
Flag
No, when Price was watching "117" he couldn't hear what Peter said clearly. Peter said, "bearer bonds", but it sounded like "bear bones" to Price. Since then it has become an ongoing joke that everyone is using =)
Flag
Peter + Wanting power = R.I.P. Scott

- Peter wants to take Scott's alpha powers like he said at the end of s3A
- Pls pls pls don't let Derek die!!! X(
- Keep falling in love with Parrish and Liam more and more
- Yay! to the Scott/Chris combo :)
- Boo! to Kate for being a bitch (in general)
- Yay! to Peter for being a bitch (with the world's No.1. mischievous smirk) :3

Flag
That has got to be the most captivating and evil smirk! It makes me smile, and at the same time, it makes my blood run cold. Talk about being conflicted!
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members