A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S04E07: "Weaponized"

A LOT of very smart arguments could be made against the use of standardized testing in our national educational system. For instance, undeniable disparities in curriculum or resources on a district by district basis, not to mention the fact that timed scantron-centric achievement only reflects a fraction of someone's proficiency in a given subject. But for me the main reason against standardized testing is that too often the proctors are evil murderers looking to spread weaponized smallpox in exchange for cash and prizes. So unless these national testing companies get better at background checking proctors and making sure they aren't assassins looking to spread weaponized smallpox to test-takers, then I am against standardized testing PERIOD. Sorry to be controversial but I am speaking truth to power here, and so too is Teen Wolf, which just made a whole episode about this very serious issue. But more importantly we FINALLY got an outbreak episode! I love outbreak sagas. Sure, not everything can be the first half of The Stand, but generally speaking when people are spewing infectious black goo out of their face holes I'm happy. Unless it's me that's doing the face hole spewing, in which case I'm mega-bummed. But back to Teen Wolf: Weaponized smallpox! Yes!

Let's talk about it.

So we started off in a secret lab which was probably not very werewolf-friendly seeing as there was tons of of that black ash on the ground. Werewolves HATE that stuff. This guy knows what I'm talking about:

THAT is a sick werewolf. Not "sick" like "dope" (and not "dope" like "dummy") but "sick" like "leaking black ooze from his face holes." We've all been there, but this werewolf is especially there. And guess who does NOT care?

An evil scientist! Or whatever he is. An assassin probably, he just uses bacteria instead of hot bolo ties. (But also, James Urbaniak is a huge guest star for Teen Wolf! He's on Venture Bros.! And a million other things! He is great.) Anyway, then he replayed his cassette tape in which the Benefactor gave all the 411 on how to get paid once they murdered a monster. But guess who had a copy of that same tape AND a tape player?

Like, sure, a teenager with a cassette tape player. SURE. But anyway Scott and Stiles then had a big discussion about what to do with all the money they ganked from a tiny hunk's duffel and whether to give it back to Peter Hale or just maybe slip it into Derek's back pocket when he wasn't looking. Whatever the case, it seemed like they were VERY suspicious of Peter Hale possibly having ripped off his own bear bones just to pay these assassins while at the same time they kept eyeballing the cash because they were both so so broke. But before they could really work out their complicated feelings about financial solvency, there came a panicked knock on the door!

It was Malia! She'd just come from finding a mass grave in the forest, but she also saw them acting super weird about that duffel so she knew something was up. Forget about all those dead wolfmen, THIS was what she'd be preoccupied with now.

Meanwhile Derek brought a shot-up Braeden to the hospital. Romantic hero stuff.

And a hooded attacker went all Matrix on Deaton outside the animal clinic! But false alarm, it was just this old lady:

That is a strange way to greet an old friend, but to her credit her whole pack had been murdered that day so she was probably a little on edge.

Speaking on edge, TIME FOR THE PSATS!! And guess who the proctor was! The assassin guy.

Ugh, I did not do well on my PSATs, not going to lie. This whole scenario made me feel stressed and unclean. But at least it gave Lydia's mom a front-and-center role in at least a couple of scenes! Like this one where she shamed Coach for possibly falling off the wagon:

Also, did she call him Bobby? And did she call herself Natalie? These people are allowed to have first names now?? I'm okay with that. But I also liked how personally she took his alleged relapse, almost as though she'd been attending meetings with him all these years. I feel like there's more to this story, what about you?

Then the test itself began and the kids were NOT having a great time. Some of them didn't even know the correct number of pencils to use.

Some of them just seemed angry about it all.

Some of them straight-up lost consciousness!

But because Lydia's mom has a background in biology, she knew all the telltale signs of DEADLY OUTBREAK. For example, tiny rashes on wrists and also this:

At this point she straight-up CHASED students out of the school and put the Center For Disease Control ON BLAST. Usually on teen shows the parents never know anything and they overlook very obvious red flags but in this case Lydia's mom actually sussed out a bad situation insanely early and immediately got results. She is great.

Because yeah, within minutes:

The whole school was quarantined like Elliott's house in E.T.! But obviously that meant that several of the parents were concerned about their children:

This lady was not about to listen to Sheriff Stilinski stress about his possibly dying son. She WILL tell a Sheriff off and she will NOT care.

Meanwhile, that old Japanese werewolf lady brought a dying friend to Deaton mostly, I guess, to show us what happens when werewolves get this disease BAD.

I loved that his solution was just to bring a werewolf to the hospital. Uh, okay? But it turned out it was more to do with the actual doctor working there:

That's right, Mrs. McCall was now not only aware of the existence of monsters, she knew how to heal them! (THAT should be her side business if she needs to make a few extra bucks, right?)

Mrs. McCall's first order of business? Waking up this lazy bounty hunter and getting ANSWERS.

So what we learned was that the forest werewolves had died of a disease, but a second assassin had shot Braeden with a good, old-fashioned gun. Fair enough.

Meanwhile Lydia was at her lake house going through all of Meredith's sh*t.

It probably shouldn't come as a surprise that Meredith was a major weirdo and mostly owned crazy old lady things like dried flowers and antique perfume bottles. But Lydia was hoping they would somehow allow her to contact Meredith from beyond the grave.

But no answer! That is my favorite recurring thing on Teen Wolf, when Lydia tries and fails to use her banshee powers. There have been 30 to 40 scenes like this so far this season. But the thing is, Holland Roden is such a good actress that I could watch a full episode of her monologuing to banshees that ignore her. This was very good and beautiful television and she is so good. Anyway, after that attempt failed, she found this in Meredith's box:

It had been taken in that very same room! Uh oh, Lydia's grandma had some 'splainin to do.

Back at school, the virus was starting to take its toll on the monsters.

We knew that it got regular people sick, but monsters had more brutal side-effects, like for one thing they would start to transmogrify uncontrollably, which as you can imagine is not the best situation for monsters trying to fly under the radar.

Later the CDC was taking blood samples and Malia tried to ask Kira what Scott and Stiles were hiding in their bedroom duffel bag, but all Kira heard was "Scott's bed" and her imagination started running wild.

And then she shocked the CDC lady! Relax, Kira. Extreme horniness is not a good look on a kitsune.

At this point the kids' werewolf features were starting to come out and they realized they needed to hide. So they figured out that there was another entrance to the Hale vault, and of course it was very poorly hidden behind an Ikea shelf.

I will never stop laughing about the Hale vault being under the school. So weird. On the other hand, I LOVE a secret passageway into a secret room, so I did sorta get chills when they finally got Malia (a Hale!) to open the vault door:

Another thing about this moment was they were worried that Malia would suspect something was up because she was able to open the vault, but it turned out she was more concerned about being on the death pool list and how much her bounty was. It was a super low bounty, but she was happy about that because it meant assassins would go after her friends first. (Uh, except the Wendigos were dirt-cheap and they got taken out first?) Oh, you rascally coyote.

So that buff werewolf victim wasn't looking so good.

And he died! And that made everyone kinda nervous about what the werewolf teens were going through. But at least Deaton could now drill into this guy's brain and find out what was the matter.

Back in the vault, this part gave me, what is the word? Feels?

Awwwwww.

Also they had an important discussion about the American financial system:

But since Stiles was doing pretty well with his symptoms he decided he needed to go upstairs and get better results. So he gave Malia his jacket and said goodbye.

Aw, it made me so sad when she curled up and started crying when he left. These two!

Also these two:

Derek likes this lady in my opinion.

So can we talk about how kiiiiinda dumb the solution to the disease was? Just a casual conversation between Derek and the old Japanese lady werewolf revealed that she drank a certain tea and that kept her immune from the virus. TEA.

And just for good measure the show provided US with a flashback that the people in the scene couldn't have known about:

And not only that, but Derek just so happened to have a mason jar full of that special tea and guess where he was storing it? IN THE VAULT. So basically, a few feet away from our heroes. Guys, I'm sorry, this was so dumb to me. But whatever, fine. TV logic.

Back in the vault, Malia had a close call with learning THE TRUTH. She found a certain list in Stiles' pocket and of course this list had her last name as "Hale" instead of "Whatever Name Her Dad The Dead Priest From The Originals Uses."

But fortunately for Scott, Malia couldn't read the list because she was DYING OF A DISEASE. And she wasn't the only one:

Meanwhile Stiles discovered the cause of the outbreak: That black inkpad that the PSAT proctor was using for the students to finger-print their scantrons. Again, wow. What a plan. So that's how the coach got sick, because I guess he'd borrowed the ink pad to stamp some permission slips. But the assassin was not about to simply let nature take its course in killing everybody, he needed to take some selfies with their dead bodies in order to get paid and he wanted Stiles to tell him where everybody was dying at.

I am not going to lie, this part was VERY disturbing to me! First just the sight of a gun barrel pointed at Stiles' head was upsetting, but then he started DARING the guy to pull the trigger? Man, I guess being possessed by a demon means you aren't as afraid of dying anymore? But then this happened:

But it was a fakeout because it was the ASSASSIN who had been shot! That still didn't erase the visual of a flashing gun and Stiles' face splattered with blood.

So basically Scott's dad had snuck in and shot the guy in the head and I THINK we were supposed to be relieved about that, except, the bullet exited out the guy's forehead, right? So how did it not then shoot Stiles also? I was never in the FBI so maybe they do things differently there, but to me it seemed like a dangerous situation and Stiles could have died even from Agent McCall's bullet. Look, I don't know, whatever. Stiles was still alive. (Have fun erasing THAT memory from your subconscious, friend.) But yeah, McCall passed on a message from Scott's mom, something to do with magic tea. I loved that he had to relay that insane message without actually knowing anything that is going on werewolf-wise. He is not a very curious person, is he?

Back at the hospital, the second assassin showed up and she was the girl who had been crying on the bench earlier!

But then the old Japanese werewolf lady went FULL-MATRIX on her, dodging bullets and everything!

Okay, fine, we get it. But all your friends and family just died so don't get too cocky, omega.

Then Stiles went and shouted through the vault wall about how to cure their diseases.

Fortunately Scott turned on his werewolf vision and apparently werewolf vision is a lot like in video games where the item you need is automatically highlighted?

There it is, the jar of magical tea! And it's so magical that you don't even need to make tea or even eat the leaves. Just shatter the jar and little tea sprinkles will drift through the air and cure you of your black ooze situation pronto.

So yeah, everyone was immediately fine. Unfortunately guess what Malia did right when her eyesight returned?

WHOOOPS! Now she knows who her real dad is. And worse, she knows everyone was lying to her about it. That's some bad friendship right there, but also bad boyfriendship. Especially that.

I think overall I liked "Weaponized" because it was a fresh new spin on a classic trope: The viral outbreak, but in this case with supernatural monsters who are trying to take the PSATs. I also love seeing this insane rogue's gallery of assassins and how they all have different M.O.s, that has been a great driving force for this season. Unfortunately there was some real dumb stuff here with regard to the cure and how convenient it all was, but oh well. These things happen! I am not going to coldly remove Teen Wolf's hand from my shoulder and silently march out of the vault. Not me. I want to see what happens next!

OK BYE.

QUESTIONS

... Who is the Benefactor? Peter Hale or Peter Hale?

... Will Malia team up with her daddy?

... If you were a monster-assassinating assassin, what would your trademark weapon be?

... Do you own a cassette player still?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

674 Comments
Comments (674)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
It was quite as much a deus ex machina as one would thing. The Reishi mushroom is real and has been part of Chinese traditional medicine for quite some time. Heck, in some languages a literal translation if its name is SUPERNATURAL MUSHROOM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingzhi_mushroom

Flag
I do still have a cassette player, though just because it's also a CD player. Haven't used it in roughly ten years, however.
Flag
When the blood scattered on Stiles's face all I thought was... now he has aids.
Flag
Were the 2 last names on the list worth 250 million or 250 000? and I don't think Peter is the benefactor.
Flag
250 000
Flag
It didn't bother me that the cure was a mushroom tea. I mean, it's ALWAYS stuff like this, like mushrooms, roots, leaves or ashes. Still waiting for balmy butterflies. What DID bother me was the fact that it was so easy to get. But to be fair, they only have 43 minutes to save the main character. It's not that easy to get sick, find out about the cure, travel through half of the world to get it and to fly back to give it to them in time, in 43 minutes... So: whatever. ;)
Flag
Sort of excited about tonights episode. A new preview and clip out. Kate doesn't seem to be all bad.

It seems from article that everything with the benefactor goes back to the Hale fire.
Flag
I think that puts Gerard to the front of the line.
Flag
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

Things are a little slow on Monday so I want to bring something up that I saw elsewhere. I totally disagree or not this forum tends to have the best informed fans.

There is a supposed leaked script out there on Tumblr. I don't trust it at all, it seems a little amateurish but it is about Malia's death. I don't trust anything like this anymore, I know I was burned on a fake leaked script and casting call last year about Allison. But lets just say if it does happen as "scripted" I may have to start agreeing with some of the "plot hole" haters.
Flag
Shelley was confirmed for season 5 ages ago so Malia isn't dying.
Flag
Not sure I've ever seen that.
Flag
Has anyone been able to tell if in "Muted" Kira's mom was unpacking gold/silver out of that box. I saw this mentioned awhile back but when I watch it, it looks like gold to me, but then it could be silver.
Flag
Sort of looks like gold.
Flag
So if Peter Hale is the Benefactor, then he and Kate are working together since her demonic bear freaks stole the bearer bonds in the first place and those are financing all these hits? But then Kate got a tape before she stole the bearer bonds. And if Peter's the Benefactor why didn't he just take the bonds from his own vault himself... and I'm confused this is wacky. Nahhh, Peter isn't the Benefactor. Still a slimy jerk in a V-neck, but it makes about as much sense as Dan being Gossip Girl- which actually happened, so... Anything is possible! Maybe he's just covering his ass real good.

Pretty decent, tight little episode- I didn't even notice the tiny angry werewolf was absent. I guess he's too young for the PSATs, which, oh yeah that's the practice SAT, kids, so stop tweaking out over it. It doesn't even count, weirdly misinformed overachiever girl! Hated the super convenient tea cure, I'm actually invested in Derek's character again (get some, Braeden!), was genuinely disturbed by the scene where a guy holds a gun to a teen's head in a high school. Good episode! Where's Mr. Argent at? France again? Ugh.
Flag
Have to agree about Peter partly because why would he spend all his money.
Flag
Congrats to Dylan and Tyler Hoechlin on their Teen Choice wins.
Flag
I think Peter knows fucking everything. He always does. Just, nobody ask him (either way he wouldn't tell). Why? Because he is fuckin' jerk and evil selfish egomaniac. I bet he knows who is the benefactor, they might be cooperating, but that may be too obvious let alone that he is the benefactor himself.
Flag
... Who is the Benefactor? Peter Hale or Peter Hale? ugh i don't know, i guess peter hale? but i'm not sure how i feel about Peter being the benefactor. Totally fine with me about him being a bad guy but the benefactor? mm... idk
... Will Malia team up with her daddy? i don't think so. Assuming here that Peter is the benefactor and she would team up with him. Yes she's mad but i don't think she would go with Peter she's on the list after all and if he is the Benefactor he would be the one who wants her dead.
... If you were a monster-assassinating assassin, what would your trademark weapon be? i like that hot wire thing the orphan chick used to have. And i that thing that the old asian lady had... can i have them all? Oh and a butterfly knife, just to show off.
... Do you own a cassette player still? yeah i have it somewhere in my secret vault
Flag
SO being completely honest. I periodically check the Teen WOlf page on Facebook after every Monday episode in search of these weekly reviews. Too funny!
Flag
To explain why they didn't have to actually drink the tea...

The secret ingredient of that tea was a certain kind of mushroom, so it wasn't the tea itself that was the cure but the mushroom. Mushrooms have spores. When the jar fell and the mushrooms broke on impact as well, the spores were released into the room -- hence the glowing-ness of the particles. So that made sense to me, actually. What didn't make sense is how it worked so damn quickly.
Flag
I agree, and I liked the tea remedy. As for how quickly it worked, I let them have that--we're talking supernatural magic here. :D
Flag
Someone down here mentioned something about Colton Haynes visiting the set and (jokingly?) suggested that Jackson could cameo and possibly be the Benefactor. Now, I'm 68% sure this person was just kidding, but HOW PERFECT WOULD THAT SHIT BE. (Note: There are several holes in this theory, but I needed to just throw it out there. Hang on, it's a bit of a doozy...)

I mean think about what we know about Jackson:
-adopted, possible orphan
-dumped in and/or ran away to England with very little (shitty) werewolf guidance from Derek, Alpha of the Year (heavy, heavy sarcasm)
-Jackson has money = resources to fund assassins
-(MOST IMPORTANT) Jackson has MOTIVATION. (See below)

Theory: Jackson is this competitive perfectionist who has no identity because he's a possible orphan, which heavily played into why he became a lizard that didn't kill a pregnant woman until after she gave birth (If I remember correctly). Now, Jackson is usurped by some bottom-feeder and his spastic friend, and ultimately loses position within lacrosse, what looks to be the only sure thing in his life, the only thing he has control over. So, he investigates and finds out that idiot is supernatural, and wants in on it. Derek delivers (siiiiigh), but because he's a tortured POS, becomes a lizard controlled by an even bigger POS to kill people who may have let him drown (that guy...Matt? Mark?), so when Derek and Peter claw him in hopes of killing him and he lives, he's got nothing but bad memories and the idea that monsters are not really good people. So he leaves for England, where he has no one and nothing but time on his hands. And since Jackson is not stupid, he investigates the supernatural and the Hale family, and finds out a whole bunch of shit, because mythology is recorded, something the Beacon Hills gang still don't get (I swear, visit a library. Hell, the show Supernatural has Sam fucking researching all of their cases, or reading shit in the Men of Letters bunker. WHY HAS NO ONE THOUGHT OF THIS?), and the Hale's apparently financed BH's very existence. So he establishes this deadpool, killing all these creatures, because in his mind, all these creatures do is turn people into worse pieces of shit than they are (he killed people as the Kanima, something that someone as tortured as Jackson will fester over, because who wouldn't fester over that kind of guilt), or abandon you when he needs you most (Derek and his quick sendoff speech on How to Be An Omega Werewolf in London, or, Living Without Any Clue about Anything Supernatural that Might Potentially Be Worse than You, like Beserkers or Nogitsunes or Mexican Hunters). Now, the reason Peter is not on the list: he learns that Peter is his father. And there's no way, no matter what Peter has done, that he'll just kill him. Not when Peter is the reason Jackson is so hung up on himself. Jackson probably feels that he was abandoned, and needs to know why before he offs him. (Also, I think that something is supernaturally wrong with Peter, and Peter, and now Jackson, know it . Everything connected to Peter supernaturally is off, like his Kanima son, his were-coyote daughter and were-jaguar person-that-he-supposedly-turned-instead-of-clawed-to-death. And Talia, the taker of memories, was like, shit, let's not have Peter know that about himself, but because Peter is arrogant, even in ignorance, and just knows he's special, and that's why he always says shit like "I've always been the ALPHA" and "All I want is POWER" all the time, because you don't get more Alpha-POWERFUL than being able to make a menagerie of were-creatures (AWESOME power).

There, I'm done. Feel free to add to or pick apart. Hit me back; I love speculation. I realize that this more or less invalidates Malia, but I am a firm believer that her story line was Jackson's until his unprecedented departure from the show, just tweaked to shoehorn her into the story (and before the hate washes in, NO, I DO NOT HATE MALIA. But her character is a little random to me. She started off as the poor little girl who accidentally killed her mom and sis because she is unknowingly supernatural, and yet is now a strangely well adjusted were-coyote junior and somehow Peter's kid? Random Malia is random, sorrynotsorry).
More+
Flag
Just fyi its Bearer Bonds, not 'Bear Bones'
Flag
Everyone (including Price) knows this, It's a ongoing gag that started with the episode when they were stolen.
Flag
But...but.....Why would she automatically assume Peter....There was an entire family.....Plus, she literally knows him as "Satan in a V-Neck".....
Flag
well mainly everyone in hale's family is dead expect from how we know derek peter and cora, well Derek well is Derek doesn't like anyone in particullar, Cora is 17 and i think malia is really either close or a little beet less and the its peter with a decent age to have a daughter with Malia's age sooooooo yeah
Flag
Then again, we don't know how many Hales killed in the fire could have been Malia's father. WE assume that Peter is her father because of Lydia's reading of Thalia's claws. But then, comparing photos on cameras isn't exactly a DNA solution to the question. Bring on the blood test. :)
Flag
let us remember...
Flag
Thank you for explaining the ink pad thing. All those flashes were completely lost on me. I had no idea what was going on.
Flag
maybe the benefactor is the orderly least likely suspect but has a lot of hate and he is also sadistic
Flag
So..other than the fact I love Stiles facial expressions and I'm happy Malia knows she is a Hale now, I really have nothing to say about this episode. It was good but we knew no one was going to die. I am excited for next week though, the promo looks like Kira's mom is dead / about to die in Melissa's arms. If they are faking Scott's death that is going to be interesting. Derek should will put his priorities in order, he always ends up sleeping with someone during the middle of chaos. Finally I am excited, it looks like the Mute is back, though I don't appreciate the fact it looks like he is chopping Liam's arm off. This episode was ok but I'm really excited about next week.
Flag
the mute is not back -_- its called hallucinating
Flag
FYI: There is a new preview. I don't think scott was necessarily hallucinating, it looks more like dreaming while he is "dying" (fake dying people don't go nuts)
Flag
I was hoping there would at least be another one, we never found out what he was exactly. Maybe they are like those creepy silent guys from Buffy, they all kinda look the same.
Flag
I would like to know how you come up with that idea?

I'm not necessarily saying your wrong because I think Peter pretty much did the job on him but hallucinating might be a stretch.
Flag
My favorite line was the vet, talking about the tea: "That's a cure... for SICKNESS!" As opposed to those other things that need curing, like ham and .....??? And if he knows it's a good cure why doesn't he keep some in stock?
Flag
Doc Deaton doesn't keep any in stock because it is a RARE remedy.
Flag
Gerard Argent is the Benefactor :P
Aaaa can't say
A katana. I love swords. Or a knitting needle.
...yes.
Flag
It occurs to me that everyone would enjoy things much much more if we weren't complaining about every tidbit of info, plot hole, writing issue.

I know I'm guilty of it. Last season I was so obsessed with who was going to die that I forgot to enjoy the last 3/4 episodes..
Flag
You have a good point. This is a sci fi/fantasy/horror/thriller/genre show. The writers and producers are taking us on a journey and they are in no way obligated to give us all the answers each week. That would be boring, don't you think?
Flag
100% agree with you. I also think almost every scene is important which is brings me back to why did they show the Scott/Sydney scene. (I don't really think it has anything to do with benefactor, but Jeff rarely throws in scenes just to throw them in there.
Flag
Maybe it's as simple as showing Scott's protective side and taking care of folks, even "not pack."
Flag
That character show back up in couple of weeks though.
Flag
Where is Danny? Could he be the benefactor?
Flag
I have a feeling he is working with the benefactor, not by choice. Like if Danny was supernatural than maybe his powers would bring insight to whats going in Beacon hills, thus explaining why the deadpool list is well updated.
Flag
Isaac is the benefactor
Flag
I really hope it's not peter, I think it would be scarier if it was someone we'd never expect, maybe Scott's dad? Idk but I bet it's peter.
Flag
I'm hoping it isn't Peter but he does have some type of master plan. I'm just hoping that plan had nothing to do with the benefactor.
Flag
Yah I hope Peter is proven to be a crazy dick again but not the benefactor that would be too obvious.
Flag
I'm with you all the way
Flag
I'm not sure why teens would have cassette players, but I decided a long time ago not to question this show, it's more fun that way. But really I thought this episode was great, it was scary, our heroes were in danger and there was teen DRAMA and Derek was awesome per usual. I loved it!
Flag
I liked this episode too, it wasn't my favourite but it was still solid. I did miss Parrish this week though. What do you think it is going to take to make him a regular?
Flag
I hope they do, I also agree he's a great new addition to the cast.
Flag
There are still multiple cassette players in my house and my parents house. I don't think it is a stretch to think Scott's mom would have a player around somewhere.
Flag
Makes sense
Flag
Now if it were an 8track
Flag
My dad is an auctioneer and collects the blame things.
Flag
I threw out my last 8-track about 20 years ago; it was for the Beatles greatest hits, #3. I had forgotten I still had it, and had wrecked the car that had had the player.
Flag
Nope!!! It was a joke for those that got it.
Flag
Do you think the major demographic for the show know what an 8 track is?
Flag
The whole ep was dumb,but i liked it...
Flag
"Guys, I'm sorry, this was so dumb to me."

It's good to see that you're able to admit that. Usually when you see an example of bad writing on Teen Wolf, you tell us how you couldn't possibly love it any more, and that you would marry it if you could.
Flag
I wouldn't say teen wolf has bad writing but they do have allot, and I mean allot, of unanswered questions through out all 4 seasons.
Flag
To be fair, though, there's "bad writing" and then there's bad writing. There's a degree of built-in absurdity in any supernatural TV show, particularly one that relies on both horror and teen drama tropes, and that's not an easy tone to strike with unwavering regularity. Usually Teen Wolf's "bad writing" is a consequence of its ambition sitting next to its far more common successes, so they're excusable and typically add to the show's charm and appeal. The whole tea debacle seems more a consequence of laziness than anything, making it way more bad writing than "bad writing".
Flag
Who are you talking to
Flag
Thanks for pointing out that I didn't make that clear. It's usually not necessary to say that the quote is from the review, but this one is so short and doesn't show the context. He was talking about the tea.
Flag
Price. The quote is from the review.
Flag
Crap... i realized that while I was rereading the review this morning
Flag
Someone needs to go all Purge on Teen Wolf because everyone is broke, everyone except Kira which I understand because her dad's original job is a professor and professors at those type of Schools get paid like 200K a year which means he had a salary of 16K a month so.. there is the reason Kira is new to the money thing + her mom was alive years before money was even made and all those years of being alive she has to be filthy millionaire rich so the job was probably for them to fit in and get close with the pack because they knew the Nogitsune was going for Scott, Allison or Stiles and after that he just ended up staying because it was a extra few dollars, I mean like, they knew they came there to kill the Nogitsune then run back to NY and still bought Kira a 2014 Toyota, like seriously they've got to be swimming in money and i'm not saying this because I love Kira but it's true, whose parents gives them a car for a 2 month vacation and Kira probably has a car back in NY because if they can buy her one for 2 months then they would have to let her own one back where she lives. Knowledge people. I hope Kira helps Scott and Stiles especially if they don't get through wit their PSAT's because then they will really need the money.
More+
Flag
Gotta throw something in here.

You cannot cure a Virus. You have to be innoculated against a virus. That is why you have to wait out a cold. They brought up smallpox which is also a virus, which was never cured. Its spread was stopped by vaccines that build your immunity to the disease.
Flag
Uh...no.

Antivirals exist, they're just crazy expensive and don't work very well, which is why they're very rarely used. Plus, for most viruses you'd really need a specific antiviral for it to work effectively. However, tamiflu is an example of an antiviral that works against influenza, and it is possible to cure Hepatitis C in a lot of people. Antiretroviral therapy hasn't progressed to the point where it's possible to cure HIV, but it's often pretty good at minimising viraemia.

Of course, we're talking about magical viruses that cause uncontrolled shapeshifting here, so I think we can probably throw medical science out the window :)
Flag
Uh...Yes! You cannot cure a virus!!!

Antivirals are not cures they boost your immune system to fight the virus and have you recover.

Why do you think the antivirals have extended the life of HIV patients. It boosts their immune system.

Tamiflu doesnt kill the influenza virus.
Flag
Okay, I'm just gonna make one more comment and then leave before this gets blown out of proportion but...

You're right in that it's impossible to 'kill' a virus, since they're not actually alive. Tamiflu does have antiviral activity in that it prevents viral release from cells, therefore hindering replication. Antiretrovirals works against HIV in similar ways: some block the protein that replicates viral DNA, some prevent viral release from cells, some prevent viral attachment to cells. There are other drugs used in treatment of viruses such as interferons which boost the immune system, and tamiflu does have some effect in boosting the immune system as well, but the activity against the virus is what makes it an antiviral.

The more you know...
Flag
Well at least I'm getting you closer to realization. So I was right in the first place that you can't kill a virus not sure why you had to show how smart you are. "The more you know" come on. And the medical field is moving away from the notion that a virus is not alive. Something that isn't alive cannot replicate and cannot evolve, which whoops, they do!

I am not going to disagree too much with your explanation of antivrals or interferons as I misunderstood something that my Doctor mom, was explaining, well I actually tuned part of it out and it wasn't until I was complaining about this to my physician assistant fiance that I figured out where you and I weren't on the same page.

Yes antivirals will keep them from replicating, and thus the body's immune system is able to work quicker.

Lots of natural antivirals out there that could have been in the tea and something to boost the immune system.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
So here is to all the complainers about plot holes.

I was just watching the episode as I went to bed last night.

1--People were complaining about the CDC responding so fast which is not a plot hole or writing problem. However, everyone missed the fact that, after the woman dr got zapped by Kira, she did not go through decontamination before she went outside where she could have spread it to everyone. (Its a little funny, but I really don't care because it hasn't got a lot to do with advancing the overall story)

2--Why were kids that weren't taking the PSAT's coming into the high school on a Saturday morning?

3--One of my favorites: Where did agent mccalls gun from. He didn't necessarily know Stiles was in any trouble when he went to look for him, was he really running around the school with his gun drawn just to give Stiles the message.

4--This one is my favorite and I can't believe with some of the nitpickity stuff out there no one has mentioned. If you listen closely, when Stiles goes to tell Scott the cure is in the vault, it flashes to Scott and you get very clearly hear Stiles yell the name of the mushrooms/flowers whatever they were supposed to be. Agent McCall didn't tell Stiles what the name of the plant was and Stiles did not have his phone, so there is absoulutely NO way he could have known what the cure was called. (Actually, I think this could be editing, my guess is that there were different shots of this scene, and they probably used the wrong take)

I would like to point out one other little thing. There was some criticism over where Kira's dad got the map. That scene changed locations from the locker room probably to the coaches office which would have given him time to get a map. If something like the PSATs are going on someone on the faculty who is at the school will have access to that type of information in case of emergency.

So i guess my issue is that there are complaints about things like the Tea (which is somewhat plausible), and Malia just walking out on Stiles because he betrayed her (which could definitely happen especially since trust has been huge for her). Complain about the things that are actually flat out wrong for once.

But Even the things that were wrong, don't really influence the overall story or my enjoyment of it, and it bugs the crap out of me that we have to nitpick over everything especially when most popular shows have a ton on these little issues.
More+
Flag
#1: That bothered me too, but I put that down to Hollywierd.

#2: There was likely a basketball practice scheduled.

#3: All on duty law enforcement officers must be armed. And McCall's suit was unzipped.
Flag
Actually regarding # 4, if you watch the McCall & Stiles scene with Closed Captioning, Agent M says Reishi Mushrooms while Stiles is talking/beginning to talk very hastily.
Flag
Wow. Correct. I've watched that like 3 times and thought he said "somekind of mushrooms" each time. Good catch there. Not like any of them would have known what Reishi mushrooms were but still.
Flag
The tea wasn't "wrong", but it was still bad writing.

Not really a plot hole, but I would like to add that it was very strange that Daddy McCall had no interest in going with Stiles to the vault.
Flag
How would you have written the tea?

Hadn't really thought about that but Daddy McCall is a strange fellow. I was totally surprised they used daddy mccall, sheriff stilinski would have been better used in that situation.
Flag
I wouldn't have used tea. I would have thought of something semi-plausible that involves actual medicine, and probably also that new doctor at the hospital.
Flag
I just find it interesting that this season Deaton is all of a sudden an idiot. Like he knows nothing about all this stuff springing up, yet before he seemed like an encyclopedia of supernatural craziness. Now he is just taking people to the hospital, really? Regardless of all the ridiculous aspects of this show it is still amazing. You can complain about some of the dumb stuff shows do even if you like it. There is no harm in analyzing what you watch.
Flag
1. When the CDC lady came out, they asked her if the hole went all the way through her suit and she said no, just the first layer, so she wasn't exposed to anything.

2. There's always multiple things going on at a high school on the weekends. They had a ball, so they might have been there for a game of some sort, or maybe they knew the school would be open and they thought they'd play in gym or something.

3. Agent McCall is an FBI guy and he was on duty. I would assume he always carries his gun when he is working, just like Sheriff Stilinsky does.

4. OK, you got me on this one. I like your theory though!
Flag
1. The CDC workers would have to be decontaminated when they come out of an area where they are working with a disease. They would never just burst out the front door with a potential toxin all over their suit. That usually requires washing the suit down and getting dressed. It has nothing to do over if she was actually infected.

2. I am a teacher and our school is never just wide open, this one actually wasn't a huge one for me, it confused people I think into thinking there were lots of people there.

3. I'm not saying he didn't have his gun, how'd he get it out from under the suit so fast. He didn't take the suit off until after he shot.

Remember I'm not actually criticizing.
Flag
#2. But isn't there usually one door open for people to get in for different activities? That's the way it has always been for my kids' different schools over the years.
Flag
For # 3, if you watch that scene closely you'll see it's already undone. How fast he undid it, God (Jeff Davis) only knows.
Flag
Scott. You just broke Malia's trust by keeping the Peter thing from her. Now you're holding back Derek's money???
Give it back to him before you lose him too!
Flag
But was not Stiles apart of that as well? Is it not Stiles that was trying to convince Scott to keep the money or nah? Why is it all on Scott?
Flag
You're right. But that's just Stiles being Stiles. I'm just more mad at Scott for listening to him. Scott's supposed to be the leader with the great morals.
Flag
But considering how much both his mother and he are stressing about possibly losing their home, I can definitely understand why he's listening to Stiles. He's a good kid who cares about his mother; what worries her bothers him.
Flag
BTW:

Flag
Nope, great catch! :D
Flag
I remember laughing about it.
Flag
If you don't still have a cassette player, you are robbing yourself of a great joy. JUST LIKE THIS EPISODE WAS, A GREAT JOY, TO ME AT LEAST. I guess there's nothing that I like more than seeing my favorite heroes in mortal danger, fighting for their lives in a mysterious vault that opens with magical rainbow fireworks! Seriously though, this might be one of my all time favorites. The amazing Stiles and Malia moments only made the ending that much more hard to watch. I love them so much, and NGL, I was tearing up right along with Stiles as Malia silently walked away. I think, right now, beyond the confusion she must feel about the name...she's just devastated about being lied to by the only people she knows as family; her pack. Not only does she not understand that feeling, she was completely and totally loyal and honest to Stiles and now she knows he's been lying to her about SOMETHING HUGE. (And a lie by omission is still a lie, even if it's meant to protect). I hope that they can resolve this because I'm not ready to let them go as a couple yet. I really loved their dynamic together.
And right now, my biggest hope is that Malia takes what she's been told about Peter and gets some answers and then stays far away from him. Because I don't think for once second that Peter wouldn't use her and kill her for his own agenda. AND IF MALIA DIES, I MIGHT DIE TOO....So there's that.
Great recap Price! Laughed and cried and ate some starbursts and now I'm gonna read again!
More+
Flag
I just realized, reading someone saying Lydia and Meredith must be relatives, Price highlighting that Meredith kept crazy old lady things and lastly, Meredith's photo in the lake house: SHE IS LYDIA'S GRANDMOTHER.
Flag
I really hope not. That would be odd. Would Meredith (Grandma) not tell Lydia.
Flag
Spoilerish.

I really doubt that Meredith is her grandma the actress that is listed as playing young Lorraine Martin, is a dead ringer for Lydia.
Flag
We're assuming that Lydia's grandmother passed since her house is now the lake house for Lydia's family.
Of course, what you say is possible… but what about the aging? In fact, the lack of it...
Flag
Well, Derek got de-aged at the beginning of the season, so....!!!
Flag
But that was magic, and a strong one. It's possible, of course, but I think it's more likely that Meredith and Lydia are just cousins or something like that.
Flag
I'm under the impression that Lydia's mom is unaware of all the supernatural going on around her… or at least the pack believes so.
So what could Lydia ask? Hey mom you a banshee too?
Flag
well either way lydia needs to address it so i hope we get a scene with lydia asking her mother about it
Flag
It was very convenient that the cure was right there in the vault. Also, the exit wound should have been messier. Plot holes were there but it was a very fun episode.

-Peter Hale!
-Totally!
-Something that's easy to carry around.
-Yes!

Flag
I have an explanation for the why bullet didn't exit and hit Stiles. everyone will kill it but when you are close enough to someone that you basically have the gun in your hand you don't have to aim so you raise the gun straight up, (which means the bad guy and the Stiles heads wouldn't have been in line), where normally you would put your other hand on it and look down the sight which would put there heads in a direct path.

Be nice, I don't think anyone from teen wolf would use this explanation but it is entirely realistic. It would have been a tough shot but Agent McCall wold have been able to see the angle when he shot. It would have still been RISKY!
Flag
no comment relating to them honestly discussing the financial woes of the family? that's high quality shit right there.
Flag
I think Isaac is the benefactor, it would work. He is pissed bout Allison's death and blames Scott and the pack for not being able to save her. So he takes out his anger on every other supernatural creature he can think of
Flag
Isaac's not pissed at the pack at all.
Plus it can't be him cause the actor, Daniel Sharman, left the show. He might come back eventually as a guest star, but he wasn't there when they shot this season.
Flag
I really liked this episode. But I'm going out on a limb and say that the "deus ex machina" that everyone else is upset about is not the two that I found annoying. I actually thought the build-up to the tea cure was straight forward and logical. Here's my argument:

• Talia was an elder and powerful werewolf with lots of knowledge and connections.
  • Satome is an older werewolf with access to rare herbs not normally found in the area.
  • Distemper is a common ailment in canines, which werewolves are able to catch.
  • Talia would keep a supply of such a valuable curative nearby and drink it regularly to stay healthy(we've already heard that wolf packs on the area have died from it).
  • While Satome's pack died of the illness, she didn't suffer a single symptom of the disease, something that Deaton should've picked up onto sooner than he did.
  • Derek grew up watching, and smelling the tea, and would've known where it was kept.
I don't really understand the objection to this plot line.

However, the two plot devices I found annoying were: 1) How did Deaton diagnose the distemper without a blood test, he had access to a nurse and a hospital database? and 2) Where did Kira's father get the school blueprints from?

Other than that, I thought it was a fun episode. I loved Stiles and Scott's interactions once the plague hit, and Stiles willing to die for Scott and his friends was stellar. I totally believed that he thought he was about to die. And for once, I didn't think Agent McCall was a douche. Way to go Poppy! And Stiles did some awesome deducting in Coach's office. He should seriously consider becoming a detective.

I can definitely understand why Malia's peeved, but she and Stiles are awesome together. I hope she can get past this and forgive the guys for lying to her. They really had a good reason, I mean we are talking about Peter here.

Derek and Braeden, kissing in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g...

I think I'm going to start calling Kira Sparky, she has such an electrifying personality. ;D

Satome kicks assassin butt!

I really hope that Lydia gets a handle on her Banshee abilities soon. And I think Meredith and her are related.

Who is the Benefactor? Peter Hale or Peter Hale? I'm still going with douche Eichen House orderly.

Will Malia team up with her daddy? She's heard he's psycho, so no.

If you were a monster-assassinating assassin, what would your trademark weapon be? A double-barreled shotgun loaded with shells filled with silver and mountain ash buckshot. The buckshot would also be laced with mistletoe. I don't mess around when dealing with supernatural monsters willing to eat me.

Do you own a cassette player still? I have two, one in a boom box I bought in the early '90's and one in my truck I bought in the late '90's; both still work. I also still have around 30 tape cassettes; they also still work.
More+
Flag
So, the two issues you had, I think there is a somewhat reasonable explanation for them both. Deaton was able to diagnose the distemper from autopsying the brain of the werewolf who died. He is an actual veternarian, so he would have gone to school to study these things and I'm pretty sure the distemper shows up in the brain.

As far as the blueprints, it would make a certain amount of sense that the principal would have access to the building blueprints. And since Kira's dad is in on the whole supernatural world, my guess he would want to keep them handy for just such emergencies. He's probably even studied them previously.

I agree that this was a really good episode, and that the whole tea thing was perfectly plausible, if maybe a little easy.
Flag
I mentioned this below, but it takes microscopic analysis to confirm canine distemper (per Wikipedia). And the beta's chest was opened, not his skull. So how would they have seen the degeneration?

However, these are minor plot points and didn't take away from my enjoyment of the episode.
Flag
No, WildPict. The beta that was brought to the hospital and then died in the elevator had his head cut open by Dr. Deaton, who examined the brain and pronounced it distemper.
Flag
The only issue I have is that Satomi did not know it was the tea that kept her innoculated from the virus. Maybe Talia associated it with Satomi's old age. If it was that rare of an herb I would imagine a powerful werewolf like Talia would keep some.

Distemper can effect the brain of dogs, so a vet could recognize the signs on the brain. Blood tests take too long usually, although it probably would have been visible under a microscope.

Flag
I looked up canine distemper on Wikipedia and it specifically noted that the disease had to be analyzed microscopically to confirm the diagnosis. If either Deaton or Melissa had looked at the blood through a microscope, I'd have let that point pass.
Flag
I really hope that Lydia gets a handle on her Banshee abilities soon. And I think Meredith and her are related.

That's what I was thinking as I watched the scene with Meredith's things, especially after that photo reveal. I'm thinking sisters (half-sisters, possibly?) or cousins.
Flag
... Who is the Benefactor? Peter Hale or Peter Hale? Not Peter, there is no way he'd pay out that kinda money. He'd just manipulate people to kill each other. I'm leaning toward Gerard. It's gotta be somebody we know.
... Will Malia team up with her daddy? I hope not.
... If you were a monster-assassinating assassin, what would your trademark weapon be? Pen and paper. Paper cuts all around!! Seriously, infections abound.
... Do you own a cassette player still? Nope.
Flag
Lydia and Meredith are definitely related, calling it now. There are some secrets in Lydia's family.

I still don't know what's Parrish's deal but I'm eager to find out.

I don't believe Peter's the benefactor. It's a little too convenient that he's the only one not on the list, plus why would he kill his own daughter and not try to get to know her to see if he can manipulate her?
Flag
SpoilerAlert Possibility

408: Time of Death: Scott embarks on a dangerous plan to draw out The Benefactor; Malia confronts her past. Personally I think we may have the benefactor unmasked, at least to the audience in this episode, if not, definitely in the next episode.

409: Perishable: Scott and Liam are targeted by an assassin during the lacrosse team’s annual bonfire; Lydia discovers a family secret. (We are supposed to find out about Parrish, I'm guessing Lydia finds out why Meredith was at the Lake house and if they are related.

410: Monsterous: Scott and Kira must protect Satomi’s pack from assassins; Stiles and Malia learn the origins of The Dead Pool. ( I guess the breakup doesn't last long) Looking forward to this entire episode because we get to see what is left of Satomi's pack. It sort of sounds like they might keep them around.

411: A Promise to the Dead: Scott and his Pack begin a dangerous battle against an old enemy. Very interesting the list of old enemies is very short (Peter, Gerard, not sure if I would put Deucalion as an enemy at this point, Kate) Is the old enemy the benefactor, or is it Peter. Do you all think Jeff will take care of the benefactor and then let the show down with Peter leak over into the final episode.

412: No sysnopsis released.

More+
Flag
thank you for posting these. i am kind of annoyed we have to wait an episode to find out about lydia and meredith. Im very excited for episode 9 now. can we just skip ahead a week to that episode? . that one sounds the most interesting to be honest.

i have to wonder how big satomi's pack was to begin with since we saw at least 10 dead bodies in last weeks episode when derek found brayden. is that one lacrosse player from the rival school a member of her pack maybe?. just hope satomi makes it throug, she's awsome.

an old enemy?..most likely peter
Flag
I was watching the season preview that started the year and their is only one scene we have not seen and that is two cops dragging scott into the police station. Why would the police be dragging Scott into the police station? Maybe some of them are hunting as well.

I do see what looks to be parrish and scott fighting police separately in the station in the midseason preview. I'm guessing that will be week after next as well. That is really looking like it could be the episode of the season so far.
Flag
Yes, Satomi's Brett's alpha (the prep school lacrosse player). He's a buddhist too, and thus a member of Satomi's pack.

In the mid-season trailer, we saw Brett with a girl hiding behind him, on the lacrosse-field in the rain. I'm guessing they are what's left of Satomi's pack.
Flag
I would imagine its not much more than brett and the girl on the lacrosse filed. We do know they aren't all dead because Satomi asked about the others at lookout point that hinted to me that there were some more hiding there.
Flag
Yes yes yes!!! The breakup (probably) won't last long! :D :D I'm so happy you posted this! Thanks

PS: I wouldn't consider Deucalion as a enemy anymore either
Flag
I really enjoyed this episode. Teen wolf does real teen problems very well, the episode was centred around them doing a normal high school thing but still having the added pressure of not being mass murdered by a tea drinking scientist assin. I'm really loving Derek's valunribility this season his "face is showing" and I love it, the way he was just staring at Bardeen was so sweet. I'm really feeling for Lydia this season is showcasing her slow decent into madness and her frustration over her powers, someone (deputy sext pants) needs to help her regain some happiness and focus her power so she can feel like she's a usefull part in Scott's pack. Over all great episode. I'm pumped for next week Derek is getting his sex on with our favourite mercenary, Kira's mum is dying in the hospital Scott is dying hopefully not dying in the hospital and poor mummy Mcall ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm pumped.
Flag
I usually don't post much. I've watched other forums a little more than this one and while the negativity on the other one has died down, some of the things that are picked on on this forum makes me scratch my head. I'm feeling like ranting a little so sorry.

First I want to comment on Teen Wolf in general and "plot holes". I think Teen Wolf has done an excellent job over the 3+ years. Especially considering the unplanned cast departures of Colton Haynes, Crystal Reed and Daniel Sharman. Crystal and Daniel were probably poorly cast because of their ages. We know they had to throw major kinks into the plan. We know that 3B was supposed to feature Colton Haynes (Jackson story). I think some of the holes that have been created are there because the story has reset some. Malia's entire storyline had to be introduced. Although I feel like the end of the season may close some of those up. I don't know any series that doesn't do "stupid" stuff. Yes I roll my eyes when the cure is in the vault that the kids are in that they aren't even supposed to be able to get into except they have Hale that doesn't know they are a hale. I will be a little disappointed if Derek doesn't say how'd you get in. I actually liked the idea that Tea or mushrooms was the key, and yes it probably should have been dragged out a little. I think that is some dramatic license to progress through the storyline. Some people complain about how Malia knows it is Peter, well we don't actually know what she thinks yet, but she does know she has been lied to by her boyfriend and she just walks out. Definitely not sure why this has been a problem. As for the ratings, the series is going on 4 years old now, and has lost some major fan favorite characters and will possibly lose more. The newness has somewhat worn off as well. Its been my experience that when the newness wears off things people liked before now become cheesy. I saw Buffy mentioned way below, it even saw a decline after its first two seasons. One other issue that effects the ratings with males is the gay s/l. I'm not speaking out of turn here but I do know a bunch of guys high school age and college age that aren't comfy with that. I think that would eventually change as our society has changed.

@harpier: just a question, would you have rather during deaton's questioning would you have rather Satomi said oh i've got plenty of the tea at my house, lets run and get it. I don't have a problem if you would but it doesn't equal a plot hole. (I'm not saying you are saying it is a hole but other do)

Tea/herbs/mushrooms have long been believed to be remedies to disease, and to boost the immune system. So those who think that is silly, I just can't agree. If it was good for a werewolf I don't see why a powerful alpha like Talia Hale wouldn't keep some. (agree with Harpier on this). The vault under the school is another thing that I first kind of laughed at but after hearing the tape discussing the Hale family rebuilding the community around it it makes more since that they could have hidden the vault there and no one would have asked questions. I think people have ignored that tape, and how rich and respected the Hale's must have been in the community if "they used their immense wealth to rebuild the community around them".

It seems there is a lot of complaints about things that might be answered in the future and things that I just don't care about. I do respect though that people have different things they like but when some of you get on here and trash a good show there are going to be responses.

Here are some of the things I will say that I have to laugh at a little but I just fill in and go with, use your imaginations to fill some stuff in. The money problems seem far fetched especially for Stiles and Lydia. How did teenagers go from Northern California to Mexico and get across a checkpoint. The last I knew you couldn't cross without an adult. The gang just disappears from the CDC and they don't tear the school down looking for them. Season 1: apparantly Peter is in the rehab facility and cannnot communicate but he is escaping to turn scott and make havoc on Beacon Hills. Season 2: How does an old cancerous man drown a healthy teenage psychotic boy. How does Danny just happen to look away at the right moment when it showed Jackson turning. Season 3: Is an aluminum bat really going to hold all that up. And here is my biggy. Why can Scott basically go in and out of the Vets office but not bad guys can.

More+
Flag
I've wondered about Scott and the vet's office for a while now. I think it's more of an "invite" thing than anything else. Scott has worked there long before he was turned, so he probably has an "open invitation" to enter the place. What bugs me more is how does Peter get past the counter?
Flag
You know I can't remember Peter actually being in the office that much. I know way back when, he came in the door he was wanting Scott in season 1 but he couldn't come in the back. Then when he knocked out Brett he sort of came out of nowhere.

Flag
No, not that. But Deaton was dancing around the idea of figuring out what makes Satomi different from the rest of her pack. Since they've been more or less living together since they started getting picked off by assassins, environmental differences would probably be moot, making diet a logical place to start. Does Satomi eat or drink anything that no one else in her pack does? Boom! Nasty tea with a medicinal reputation.

As it stands, it's not a plot hole. And I don't mind that Talia would have kept some of the rare mushrooms, a gift from a good friend, in the family vault. And I don't mind that Derek remembering that would be a way to save the infected supernaturals. It's just VERY convenient conversation, and it seems lazier than Teen Wolf is accustomed to being to have a casual reminiscence be the lynchpin for an episode, especially when there's a relatively short way to get there that doesn't demand it.
Flag
Agree 100%
Flag
gotcha
Flag
As a general comment, I think Peter is NOT the Benefactor, but figuring out WHY Peter is not on the list is pretty much equivalent to figuring out who is the Benefactor, since clearly the Benefactor must have a compelling and very particular reason to not put Peter on the list, and if one knows this reason, I'm sure one will guess the identity.
Flag
That's a good point. So a good way to figure out the Benefactor's identity would be to look more into Peter's past.
Flag
I think we have to remember either way that even if it is Peter, someone walked into the vault and took the "money". So if it is him he would need someone to help.
Flag
Maybe I have not been clear enough. I don't think Peter is the Benefactor, nor an accomplice in any way. I think the Benefactor has Peter off the list for a very precise reason which the same Peter may be unaware of.
Flag
Maybe he's not on the list because the Benefactor wants to kill him himself?

Does that help maybe? I can only really think of Gerand fitting that bill. . .but I'm still on the fence about him being the Benefactor at all, seems a little too obvoius. . . Also, he's not exactly in a condition to fight Peter, unless he gets someone to kill Peter in front of him for kicks.
Flag
That's quite possible, but why the Benefactor would want to get his hands dirty precisely with Peter? If you know this, you know who the Benefactor is.
Flag
No your good, I mean that if it were Peter, he'd need a helper.
Flag
haha excellent recap but just like to add scotts mum is just a nurse in the hospital, but doctor to the local monsters.
Flag
peter hale is not the benefactor get over it ffs..

1: too obvious
2: he robbed him self and derek doesn't make sense.

good ep but i agree with the 'cliche' the one place the hero's are trapped in has the stuff they need.

now if the 'wolf lady' had the tea as such a staple in her friendship why wasn't her pack given the same treatment ? surely a pack is a closer friendship ? hmmm.

malia has to deal with her daddy issues so that's gonna be interesting. of course she and styles getting way too loved up stupid writers had to throw a a spanner in the works...
Flag
I'm sure she wasn't expecting someone to try to spread a disease to the pack.
Flag
well if that is the case she's an idiot.

Flag
I think you need to watch this scene over. Satomi did not know of the healing properties of the Tea. Deaton revealed that fact to her and Derek. She would not have known to use it to innoculate them. Although the pack probably has had the tea on occasion I doubt enough to achieve the outcome it had with Satomi.
Flag
Why would she even be thinking some crazy person has put out a list for all supernaturals. The first she probably knew of any of this was when Demarco was killed, in teen wolf time, she would probably have had a couple of days at the most to figure out what was going on.

Flag
no just no..

i am refering to the tea she drinks and gave / drank with talia aka dereks pure werewolf mother, i don't quite how your missing this point i've made in my initial posting.

she treats a her pack with less care and devotion than she does with a close friend... this doesn't add up to me
Flag
Hey, new to this forum. Very interesting I must say
Flag
I love the different points of view and opinions and it's cool how others always notice things that I've missed.
Flag
Everybody here is full of great ideas and brilliant comments, you can't go wrong with anything you write, enjoy
Flag
Gotta say I like different opinions to but sometimes I just don't understand people.

LIke last year when Allison was killed, everyone who started killing Jeff especially somewhere else I watch. Half the people didn't even pay enough attention to know that she wanted to leave. The same people going on and on about him being sexist although he added Kira, which was supposed to be a strong female character and Malia at the end of the season, again another strong female character.

Has anyone here talked about Colton Haynes visit to the set of Teen Wolf. I would not be surprised if there is some kind of Cameo. Maybe trying to smooth relations a little for short comeback I believe Arrow was done filming at the time. My sister thinks he is the benefactor.

FYI: I do not agree with her. As concerned about letting spoilers out as Jeff Davis is I don't think he would have allowed that out. But it would be clever, kill him and end his story but that would be crazy and Benefactor I believe is human.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members