A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S04E08 "Time of Death"

Whenever people try to tell me that dreams have special meaning I always have to remind them of what a weird and dumb device the human brain is. Like, the brain is a straight-up idiot most of the time we're awake, so do not tell me it's sending me coded metaphors that predict the future when I'm asleep. A dream is just the brain's way of running around in a vacant lot tipping over garbage cans and eating dandelions. Dreams mean nothing, and that's why my eyes glaze over whenever somebody tells me about a dream they had, or worse, when a character on TV experiences one. Dream sequences are, at best, a zero-stakes writing crutch; at worst, they deceive and disrespect the audience. Movies and TV episodes are already extended dream sequences in and of themselves, there's no need to slather on even more fiction. 

THAT BEING SAID, the reason why Teen Wolf's dream sequences WORK is that they're not necessarily dream sequences. When we get glimpses into these characters' psychologies there's usually a supernatural reason behind it, and the characters usually wake from them changed. Consider those druid-hastened hallucinations in "Motel California," or the purgatory sequence when Allison, Stiles, and Scott temporarily killed themselves, or Stiles' triple-fakeout mental problems from last season's premiere. Teen Wolf knows that it can only get fanciful when the fantasy has actual risk and effect, and that tradition continued in "Time of Death," certainly one of this season's best episodes. Not only did it traffic heavily in nightmare dream logic, it was understated and scary without ever relenting in its tension or lowering its stakes. So good.

Let's talk about it!

Okay, so this was admittedly exactly the kind of dream sequence fakeout I was just claiming Teen Wolf doesn't do, but what redeemed it was how INCREDIBLY DEVASTATING it was? First it toyed with our emotions to make us think Stiles and Malia hadn't actually broken up after last week's walkout. But then also it gave us this completely charming scene wherein the two tried to figure out how to literally sleep with each other.

But nope! She was not actually there. Stiles had imagined it. Man, have you experienced a break-up recently? Did this scene basically harm your heart? So tough.

Meanwhile at the station Scott's dad was feeling a little bit of remorse about splattering the PSAT proctor's brain matter all over Stiles' face.

Haha this guy is such an expert FBI agent, so perceptive and intelligent. He was starting to get the feeling that the obvious band of monsters hanging around him at all times (and occasionally stabbing him with ghost-kitanas) might actually be monsters or something. Stay tuned for when he finally makes the big discovery!

Meanwhile this was a TRIPLE cold open because the opening titles still hadn't come on yet the kids had busted out their expensive laptops and were discussing a very dangerous, very secret plan:

But even though we didn't know exactly WHAT they were planning, we didn't have to wait long to find out:

Scott died! He flatlined and died! Scott died! But how? Doesn't matter!

Guys, this was tough. I mean I knew he wasn't going to die for real since this show is called Teen Wolf and Scott is the #1 teenage werewolf in Beacon Hills (now that Isaac's gone j/k j/k) but that doesn't mean it's easy to see him DEAD on a slab and his mom scream-sobbing in the hallway. We care about these characters and even a fakeout  can cause visceral reactions in our heartbones. Anyway, yeah:

So Mrs. McCall was in on it and is just a very good actress. And also Scott wasn't even truly dead, his heart had merely slowed to like one beat every ten minutes. Which meant they had forty-five minutes or so until he died FOR REAL. And the whole thing was meant to trick the Benefactor into showing up to get his own visual confirmation of the kill. It was a long-shot but not necessarily a terrible idea, despite what Kira's mom said.

As we learned in a flashback the main drawback from this weird fugue state was going to be the terrible dreams that came with it. And if Scott happened to have eaten any cheese beforehand, just imagine how much worse they would be now. Anyway, then Kira zapped him with her hand:

And off he went!

Meanwhile Stiles and Argent hacked the world (emailed the Benefactor) and claimed Scott's bounty:

But like a typical catfish, Argent refused to send a pic, which was weird because couldn't someone just get out their flip phone and snap a pic of Scott at the hospital? But the reason was that they wanted the Benefactor to confirm the kill himself, even though the Benefactor had made it VERY clear he didn't really do stuff like that. Oh well. Let's see how that works out.

Meanwhile Braeden woke up in Derek's bed dressed only in her ummentionables but he was a gentlemen and had slept on the couch. That's when she did what anybody else would do upon waking up from a shooting: Lift up Derek's tank top while he slept.

The main thing to know is they were obviously wound-flirting (flirting while wounded) so much but also Braeden was concerned about Derek losing his werewolf powers so quickly. See, she cares, you guys.

Meanwhile the kids and Argent put their plan into motion, but first Argent had to swing by Best Buy and get some kind of expensive computer wristwatch or whatever, doesn't matter.

And the kids had commandeered a hospital room (good thing nobody in Beacon Hills ever gets injured!) and set up their computers for maximum Person of Interest But With Monsters action.

Meanwhile Scott woke up inside a dream state and his shirt was still off, but it wasn't in the bright white room like we expected.

Also, Liam was there, but so was The Mute, and it turned out this was all going to be a three-part lesson in why it's okay to murder people sometimes. (Scott isn't a big fan of murder in general.)

See? Not a great dream, in my opinion. But at least it wasn't a sex dream, because the Mute is probably really awkward when it comes to that.

Across town a nosy coyote was bustin' into safes!

That's right, Malia found a manila folder cryptically labeled "Malia Tate adoption records" and let me tell you something, there is nothing worse than a manila folder that smells like human blood. Also Peter Hale is a ninja now because he somehow managed to enter one of the heavy vault doors without Malia hearing. Either that or he'd slept there the previous night, probably on a pile of rags in the corner. Also he was STRONG now.

Okay, Peter Hale. It's always a good idea to destroy a load-bearing support column in an underground vault. But also, why are you basically advertising the fact that you're stealing all of Derek's powers? For a secret mastermind your mind is neither very masterful nor secretive.

This is my new favorite pair: Mrs. McCall and Kira's mom just hanging out in a Toyota!

In the same way that we all want Mrs. McCall to become hugging partners with Sheriff Stilinski, I really want these two ladies to become besties, don't you? Just hanging out on weekends, shopping at Chico's, maybe doing pilates sometimes.

So you're like, 'Where's Lydia been'? Guys, relax, she was at the boat house this whole time, just sort of going through her grandma's sh*t and almost hitting her mom with an oar.

People in scary movies and TV shows sure do like to sneak up on other people who are clearly on edge, don't they? Like not only sneak into the room but sort of approach without saying anything. Discussion question: Is everybody a born creep?

Meanwhile Scott's dreams were like a video game in that they kept restarting. So for round 2 he went to the locker room and noticed he had more fangs than before, which Liam suggested might have to do with being an Alpha. (Does this mean he'll also become CGI soon also?? Please say yes.)

But whoops! The Mute returned also.

Ugh, still a bad and unsexy dream. Fortunately there was sexiness going on in a certain loft!

So Braeden decided that since Derek is turning into a pile of weaksauce he needs to learn gunplay. And her idea of gunplay involves basically learning how to shoot before anybody can snatch the gun out of your hand, which is admittedly VERY hard to do. But it also gave her the opportunity to manhandle Derek a little and the next thing we knew he was topless and they were rolling around on his dining room table. Now she was REALLY about to find out whether he still had any of his werewolf powers left. 

Meanwhile at the hospital, some of the camera feeds cut out, so Liam and Kira went to the roof to investigate and guess who they found? Berserkers!

Unfortunately the Berserkers are not all that concerned with tiny baby werewolves or girls with super dull samurai swords.

No seriously, come on. It's very badass that Kira has a samurai sword, but is it even sharp at all? There's no way that Berserker shouldn't come away with a bleeding stump, yet here we were, a samurai sword was totally useless against rotten bone and Kira was getting punched in the face HARD. And frankly, Liam was NOT about to let a giant man in a bear skeleton costume beat up his dad's girlfriend.

Anyway, since Kira was knocked out on the ground, she dreamed about the time she and Scott stared at each other in bed and talked about going on a date or whatever.

So again, the world's slowest romance is still pretty cute. Good for them.

But unfortunately the clock was still ticking! At some point they were going to have to wake up Scott or else he was going to die, so Stiles was frantically calling Argent's wristwatch.

But whoops, he'd run into trouble! And that trouble was his sister.

Kate immediately denied being the Benefactor, but she was definitely interested in claiming Scott's body for some reason. Now, she herself had been trying to find out who the Benefactor was, so wasn't it weird that she was clearly running an errand for the Benefactor, who is almost definitely Peter Hale? I'm not sure I understand anybody's logic here, but that's fine. I think it's supposed to be misdirection. Anyway, if there was a Scott body to be had, Kate WANTED it and I'm sure it was just a coincidence that the Benefactor needed visual confirmation or whatever. I don't know.

Meanwhile, guess whose adoption papers were conveniently bloody and bullet-riddled right where the most important information was?

The question was JUST WHO was Malia's birth mother??

So yeah. Now Peter Hale and Malia were sort of working together, mostly because Malia wanted to know who her real mother was. But all Peter Hale knew was that she had been known as The Desert Wolf, which is just a classy name for Coyote. Peter Hale f*cked a coyote, basically.

Anyway, back at the hospital, a Berserker was flirting with a couple of MILFs!

Leave them alone, you big dummy! They don't want you.

Also Lydia's mom started to get REAL.

Not only was Lydia's grandma's urn filled with mountain ash, the whole house was made of it. I'm not sure how that works considering werewolves had gone to a party there, but yeah. Also Lydia's mom knew who Meredith was, so that was fishy. But again, not as fishy as the fact that Lydia's grandmother was probably not dead at all. Ugh, those crafty banshees.

I liked this moment where Chris and Kate basically agreed that they weren't going to kill each other and they should probably both chill out with trying to fight each other at all.

I actually really like the idea that Kate is just sort of a freelance villain without a particular agenda against our heroes. It really opens the door for her to do heroic stuff again, or make a bigger swing into villainy. But for now it's hard to tell where she falls and I like that about her. Much more interesting than just a regular big bad. Also, she ended up seeing Argent's fancy countdown watch so she knew something was up with Scott. Bingo. He wasn't dead.

Also he was having Part 3 of his bad dream, and this time it WAS slightly sexier in that the Mute was grabbing on Scott trying to help him learn how to murder his son.

And them he murdered Liam. YIIIIKES. Scary stuff. So the whole point of this dream sequence is to maybe explain how an Alpha may come to murder his own pack, as the pack of Alphas from Season 3A had done. I guess you just get naturally blood thirsty the more you murder. I mean it's a total stretch to think that Scott would hurt his beautiful bb Liam, but that's why this was so disturbing. Also Tyler Posey is secretly becoming one of the best actors on the show. He's always been the perfect lead for this premise, but lately he's doing next-level nuanced stuff. Good job, Tyler Posey!

So then his death dream was over and Kira zapped him awake and then mouth attacked him. But out in the hallway things weren't so happy:

Oh no, Kira's mom got hurt! Now I REALLY hate those dumb Berserkers. Kira's mom is awesome. Also I think the show has mentioned this before but she doesn't really have powers anymore. Is that because she gave them up so she could start a family, sort of like Superman did in Superman II? Not sure, I'm just sort of thinking out loud at this point.

So then Kate reported back to Peter Hale:

He said something like, "Oh thank gosh" when Scott was discovered to be alive, but it's not clear why. Like, the whole point of the dead pool is to eliminate all monsters right? And isn't the elimination of all monsters something that would increase Peter Hale's power in the town? Anyway, he's still denying that he's the Benefactor, his main reason being that he just wants his bear bones back. Whatever, Peter Hale.

Stiles and Malia eventually got their reunion, but it wasn't super happy. I guess she felt like she had nowhere else to go after her exhausting day in the vault, so she went to Stiles' bedroom and confessed that before she'd turned into a coyote and eaten her family she'd actively wished death upon them during a fight.

Stiles reassured her that she wasn't a bad person and it was all really sweet, but she still seemed pretty troubled about everything. Fair enough! She'd had a pretty rough situation these past few months and years. It's just so painful to see these two kind of broken up like this though. Hopefully that gets fixed soon?

After Derek finished doing sex to Braeden he got out of bed and decided to get good at weapons.

Is Derek going to become a mercenary like Braeden? Maybe! Ask me later.

At this point Scott and Kira were commiserating that their plan to fake-murder Scott didn't end up revealing the Benefactor, but Scott realized that it DID more or less confirm that the whoever made the dead pool was a banshee. And then, as if on cue, Lydia discovered an old scrap of paper that her grandmother had once scribbled on:

Whoops! So that was banshee language! I mean, let's be real, Lydia's grandmother is probably still alive, but I really doubt she's the Benefactor considering Lydia herself is on the dead pool. But this whole situation definitely reeks of banshee. 

"Time of Death" was the best. What a good episode. Scary and confusing and thrilling, plus the characters got to do rad and important things. I liked it. Did you like it? And the music was noticeably good! I mean it's usually fine, but more than a few times I was actually GLAD to have that song listing pop up on the bottom of the screen, so that's saying something. Yeah, I liked "Time of Death" a lot. I don't think teens should be playing with death like that, it seems very unsafe, but still. I was entertained.

BYE

QUESTIONS

... Is the Benefactor working with a banshee? If so, who?

... How does Kate's hair look so good if she lives in the sewer?

... Why hasn't Derek noticed that his uncle is getting mysteriously buffer?

... Do you kinda miss Garrett, be honest.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

727 Comments
Comments (727)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
To the author of the article, since it seems you don't understand Peter's angle, I'll clarify.. He simply wants to become alpha again - which is why he was thankful Scott wasn't dead, so he can kill Scott himself when the time is right. So that's why Peter wasn't the benefactor, but I think we already know who it is now.
Flag
Did anyone else notice how at the end of episode 7, Stiles had the list in his hand. In episode 8 Malia gives him the note back. (that he already had)
Flag
Stiles gives Malia his jacket in the vault, before he leaves to figure out who the assassin is. She found the list folded up in his jacket pocket.
Flag
When he comes back the list is on the ground.
Flag
Yes, she pulled it out and read it, then left it on the ground. That's how he realizes why she left upset with him—it wasn't in his pocket anymore, she'd obviously found it.
Flag
Rewatch. Malia was in Stiles room looking at in on his desk. Stiles had it in the first place. Stiles walks in and she is looking at it on his desk before they have convo and she puts it on the board.
Flag
New preview. Wow.
Evil orderly giving lydia an injection.

Would Jeff reveal the bad guy in a preview.
Flag
I don't think so--but I wouldn't put it past them to let us figure out who the benefactor is then switch everything around. I wonder if Lydia goes to Eichen house to try and investigate Grandma. That orderly is a punk, he was on my list of suspects...but I think its probably too easy.

I think it has something to do with whoever ordered Kate to set the fire in season !
Flag
See I hundred percent agree with you on it being something to do with getting kate to burn down the Hale house. I just don't see how the orderly would have been involved.

It sounds like we will know the who tonight but possibly not the why.
Flag
Found this on facebook!

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

DO NOT READ,
UNLESS U WANNA KNOW WHAT'S COMING AT U IN SEASON 5!!!
So I guess it's a Lydia or Derek thing, now.
Which one do you wanna keep more???
I'm all for let's keep Derek! . . . Derek! Derek! Derek! Derek! Derek! PLS don't die!

Flag
And for the record: I did say SPOILERS! and that I just found this; and I did NOT say that I'm certain this is true or that it's written in stone!

Found it on this timeline:
https://www.facebook.com/Scotty.Posey194
Flag
Hey, it is what it is.
Flag
Interesting. Still hard to tell who came up with these. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.
Flag
SPOILERS: Where did you find these. I am absolutely shocked that this has been released seeing that it spoils a lot of the end of S4.

Could Brett be joining the pack.

Dr. Vallack was supposed to be seen this season.

Yeah, we get a scott season. Might he be drawn to the dark side.

No to Lydia and Derek. I don't see how that works out. Would likely have to kill Braeden and that assumes Derek is alive.

I liked Deucalion but didn't I see him n something else.
Flag
Found it in this timeline:
Flag
Interesting. If they are true, where did you find these please. I have looked and looked after I saw your post.

The biggest thing I take from those Spoilers is it doesn't necessarily sound like a closure.

@InesYnes
I wonder what they will do with Brett, will he become like the last wolf of Satomi's pack and become alpha

Does everyone in Satomi's pack die including her, (Peter get to be alpha again maybe) and Brett goes to scott.

Considering how much he and liam hate each other it could provide some major dynamic.

Flag
Found it in this timeline:
Flag
I wonder if Stiles disappears at the end of season 4? Completing the Scorch Trials before Teen Wolf starts is going to be very iffy. Also, nobody wanted Brett to be an important character except the actor who played him. And Deucalion should stay gone, the alpha pack story was terrible the first time it happened. I don't believe we're losing any main characters this season though, I think that's just trying to get people to believe the story this season might have consequences. (It won't)
Flag
Depends on when S5 premiers. As much as I hate to say it, it would not suprise me if your are right on that. They finished filming this season what in may sometime. Depends on when Scorch Trials is filming which looks to be October, if Maze Runner is a hit. If it is a bust, oh well.
Flag
Wow. Your just leaking positive energy.
Flag
Hi everyone! Does anyone remember what happened to crazy nurse that helped Peter in season 1?
Flag
She was dead in the trunk of Peter's car.
Flag
The cast is awful big right now.

Scott
Stiles
Lydia
Kira
Malia
Liam
Melissa
Papa McCall
Sheriff Stilinksi
Lydia's mom
Peter
Derek
Mason
Danny Boy (Wherever he is)
Coach
Kira's Mom
Kira's Dad
Parrish
Evil Deputy
Liam's Dad
Braeden
Deaton
Merrell (Where is she, supposedly she was supposed to be seen again)
Gerard (sort of)
Kate
Satomi (Who seems to have become rather popular)
Calaveras

I know there are a lot of recurring actors in there making the cast a little heavy I think. They probably need to "axe" a few. Though I don't want any of them gone, well except for Evil Deputy, Peter and Gerard. Parrish might take care of evil deputy for us tomorrow, who knows.

Its really hard to tell 12 one hour stories (actually probably 42 minutes) with that large of cast and fit everyones favorites in.

Definitely needs to slow the roll with the newbies.
Add more Melissa and Sheriff Stilinski
I love the parents together so I liked Noshiko and Melissa together.
And gotta get Stiles and Derek back to interacting. Not sure the Sterek shippers didn't cause this one to get separated a little. Stiles and Derek and Scott all have great chemistry with each other. Can we actually count on one hand the number of scenes they have been in since like season 2.

More+
Flag
True, but the main cast is actually only 1 more then it was in the beginning of the show. Which was 6. Now there are 7 of them.

(+ the season 2 pic misses Isaac, Boyd and Erica so technically there was 9 of them.
And Kira's not on the last pic, but you get my point)

(++ It's okay to have a big cast, a lot of them gonna die sooner or later anyway, we're in Beacon Hills after all. ;) )

Flag
My unpopular list of suggestions for elimination:
Liam, Chris Argent, Liam's dad, Mason, Peter, Deputy Parrish, Evil deputy, Scott's Dad, Kate Argent, Deucalion, Gerard they should either treat as a nonexistent or kill in the last five minutes of some episode. And then have Derek start working at the Sheriff station so he is at least somewhat related to the actual plot of the season.
Flag
I actually love Chris Argent and I like Liam (though I'm not attached to him yet). But other than that, I like your list :P
Flag
I mainly just want them to clear out enough characters that they can do justice to the ones they have, who goes is less of an issue. But the only character I'm expecting to lose this season is Kate, maybe one or two others.
Flag
I'd love to see Kate go (for good this time).
Flag
The Calaveras are not on the list on the assumption that they're going to be season villains in the near future. If that's not true they should be written off immediately.
Flag
Some of those would definitely be unpopular. You hate Liam so much that he is 1st on your list.
Flag
I think there are characters that we all would likely get rid of .
Flag
@InesYnes

At least it appears Liam is contributing and will be contributing, which is more than I can say for Kira at the moment.
Flag
I apologize if you're a Liam fan, I was moving down the list above me listing people. Chris Argent was second because I realized he wasn't there.
Flag
why am the only one hating kira and scott together .. i don't see chemistry at all between them .. i also ship love triangles i hope there will be one between scott malia and stiles that would be interesting for me .. as they are best friends loving the same person.
Flag
I really really like Kira, but my favorite scenes of hers are when she's with her parents, or the episode last year when she was investigating things with Derek. Whenever she's with Scott her personality goes missing.
But Stalia forever, Scott should stay single. I'd recommend him and Lydia, but given Lydia's rapid aging it seems they are actually heading for her and Parrish together.
Flag
While i dont hate them there hasnt been a really good reason to like them together...it just seems more like friends to me + they are usually apart. Scott + allison are big shoes to fill...so i understood the slow growth last season.
Flag
Personally, I don't absolutely hate them together. They are sort of an odd couple, I think they need more scene time together to build some chemistry. I will be interested to see "Monstrous" next week, when Scott and Kira are supposed to help Satomi's pack. That could make or break it, I think.

Agree with chickennoodlesoup though, there does seem to be some chemistry between Liam and Kira.

Have I mentioned I'm really liking Liam, especially the chemistry with Scott. Good scenes with Stiles to. Loved Stiles comment about them being kids considering they are all still kids, goes to show how much they have grown up.
Flag
I like Liam too. I hope he doesn't turn bad later on. I love the idea of Scott having someone younger than him looking up to him (and Stiles too). I loved Stiles' comment too :D
Flag
That might be a little on the soapish side. I think the main characters need to stay out of love triangles. There is some chemistry trouble there, personally I think serious alpha werewolf and goofy kitsune are having a problem. Loved Kira's scenes with Liam though.

Hope Jeff stays away from them.

I think the things that distinguishes Teen Wolf from other teenybopper supernatural shows is
1: the lack of love triangles
2: sparingly using "magic". let me explain a little. The "magic" of werewolf transformation, or super strength, speed I attribute what makes up the werewolf. Not really "magic" more natural I guess. This I don't mind at all.

The "magic" i don't want to see in the series is like "witchcraft hocus pocus". This is why I was a little disappointed with Jennifer/Darach in S3b. She was strong and could fight but she levitated the glass and killed Kali. Honestly I was a little disappointed. As was I with the twins morphing into one although since it was shapeshifting I let it go.

It is also why I think the show is going to have trouble with Kira. She doesn't really have any super powers that we have seen except the electricity and that is being used sparingly. Although I would love to see an electrified katana, I'm not sure that is the best thing for teen wolf.
More +
Flag
I hate Scott and Kira together also. I wanted to give her a chance but their scenes together feel so forced and unnatural to me. I think she and Scott would be better off as friends. I'd love to see her remain on the show and do something useful. I'm sick of her cheesy scenes and her dumb use of that katana.

I'm no fan of love triangles and I'm glad Teen Wolf has avoided them thus far. They had the perfect chance to create a love triangle with Scott/Allison/Isaac and they didn't, so I doubt they'd do it with Scott/Stiles/Malia. This is one of the things that makes Teen Wolf stand out from other shows about teens and I'm honestly grateful for that.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
one thing that was said about this season was that kira, lydia and malia would become friends. wel..sure that might be true for kira and lydia but on a whole we havent had much time dedicated to them fostering a friendship.
also one of the biggest issues for me this season is that scott and stiles have only had anything to do with lydia when they had to, when they needed her. they havent really been there for her as a friend, in fact they've almost forgotten about her is what it seems like.
Flag
I agree... I remember the JD interview where he talked about the friendship between Lydia, Malia and Kira but we haven't seen much of that this season... And yes, I agree about Scott, Stiles and Lydia... I'd like to see them seek her out just to see how she's doing or something friendly like that, not just because they want "banshee help".
Flag
So I was thinking a little in general here. I'm starting to lean more towards Gerard, but I also thought it would be cool if maybe they reintroduced his character by flashing back to Allison's funeral.

BTW that brings me to a question?

Chris and Isaac were seen leaving for France(?) in the s3 finale. Did they take Allison back to France, did they bury her in Beacon Hills. When did they bury her, they left for France. I never really understood if they were from France why they buried Kate in BH, is Allison beside Kate's empty grave?
Shouldn't all of them have a French accent. It seems like their history is in France, not Americans in France.

I mean at least some of the Calaveras sort of sound like they have a spanish accent. Severo especially.

I'm obsessed with casting/spoilers etc.
Hey, did you all realize, Evil Deputy is the son of the HULK (Lou Ferrigno).
Lou Ferrigno Jr plays evil deputy.

Next episode Catherine Black plays a character named Maddy, she bears some resemblance to the Hales, especially Talia. She looks a little older than high schooler but who knows.

Does anyone remember in Visionary any character that could have been Laura Hale. There is a cast list out there that includes a casting for Laura Hale
More+
Flag
On the identity of the benefactor I've been thinking. Here is what we "know"

1--Through MTV synopsis, the benefactor is an old enemy.
2--Jeff has said the benefactor is a human, although I've looked and looked and cant find where I saw that.
3--Benefactor is male according to Meredith. (She didn't say "him" for no reason)
4--Likely has access to cool stuff like smoke bombs etc.
5--Has some knowledge of the Beacon Hills community, the Hale family and the supernatural.

I think I'm going to have to settle on Gerard,

Flag
Teen Wolf will air before the VMA's. Good. Glad to see MTV supporting their scripted programming.
Flag
Has anyone noticed how much older Chris looks with the beard. They have really added grey to his hair and beard.
Flag
Older, maybe. But hotter too.
Flag
He lost both his wife and daughter and then went into hiding because of grief. Of course he looks older.
Flag
Its been 2 months.
Flag
Kira's mom lost her powers with the Stiles being evil thing :) she sacrificed her "tails" to conjure the oni thingies en the evil Stiles clone stole the last one yadayadayada
Flag
Stiles and malia broke my heart I mean I just love them they have so much chesmstey it's insane!! In all ways emotional /sexual/romantic/funny/adorable everything! Lydia and stiles better as friends and Lydia even said she wanted a older guy! I know in episode 10 it says malia and stiles will find the origins of the deadpool so they will be working together! STALIA 4ever I mean how can u not see them and love them and see what I see!! Malia and stiles started off differently from other couples I've seen on tv but I love it and I love how they started off physical but then there emotional came love it!
Flag
So many people are always getting on Scott for not being tough enough/strong enough and so on but I am one of Scott's biggest fans. I did have a moment when I thought I would not like Scott anymore, however. When Scott, Stiles, Liam and Kira discussed their plan, I thought Melissa better know about this! But then when the plan actually went down and she screamed, I was so mad at Scott for a second. I actually paused the show and said to my husband "She better be in on this plan or I'm not going to like Scott anymore". I would have felt so bad for Melissa if they'd let her think, for even a second, that her son was dead. She is one of the best TV moms ever.
Flag
Well at least Derek had a good day and I want to see Scott unleash his dark side!
Flag
I don't think that Peter is The Benefactor, though I don't have any alternate suspects at the time. I think he has his own agenda. Stealing the powers from a Beta while leaving him alive probably isn't that difficult with the proper metaphysical accoutrements, but stealing powers from an Alpha – especially a true Alpha without killing him would be a whole different level of things. So, I suspect that Peter is glad Scott is not dead because if Scott were to die, then he wouldn't be able to kill Scott and take Scott's Alpha powers

Flag
one of the cutest scenes on teen wolf!!
a
Flag
Ok im totaly a Scira shipper you can see from the username but people are saying Allison and Scott jumped into bed and used 11 condoms in a month and had sex really early in the relationship but Kira and Scott would of to but its just every time they are together some assassin shows up outta nowhere or they have to help their friends out so its really annoying when people bash Scallison like that like making Scott and Allison to be the owrse people ever. The girl is dead, let her R.I.P. I know it had nothing to do with this episode but I just had to say it.
Flag
Noshiko didnt have her powers anymore because when Kira was building back the Katana she gave all her power to Kira but she can still heal but not as good thats why she's worth less than Kira and Kira is probably only worth 6 because she doesn't have much experience if she did have alot of experience in terms of electrocuting people she would be worth alot more. Mama needa teach the girl how to use her electricity and why could Kira turn the power back on in the hospital? and why didn't she use the electricity thingy that was right next to her when she was on the hospital roof? No she decided to use that stupid stupid katana. I love Kira with all my heart but the sword has to make way for the electricity its probably the only thing that would give them the advantage to kill the Berserkers.
Flag
Okay, so the berserkers. So, it seems strange to me that no one has noticed that they have what might be considered "soft spots," most visibly across their bellies below their bear rib-cage crop tops, but also under the arms, the hamstrings, or around the neck. Despite these seemingly obvious observations, all the werewolves and katana-wielding kitsunes seem to go straight at their armor. What?!

I know disemboweling an enemy on MTV might be a little extreme, but it's just so, well, OBVIOUS! Next to that, electricity seems like a good option.
Flag
I so agree! My martial arts training always emphasized attacking weak areas such as the stomach, kidneys and neck. I've even been kicked in the stomach once (hurt like hell!) and a classmate once said a punch to one of his kidneys affected him for 3 months. Any of those areas would be perfect for any of our young heroes to target.
Flag
The answer to all your questions about why Kira is using that ridiculous katana rather than her powerful electricity thing, is that Kira is stupid. I mean, the character is portrayed as a goofy, kinda stupid girl - that's why she's not making any smart choice ever.
Flag
What the fuck do you mean stupid. Noone here is fucking stupid or suppose to play a stupid part of the show idgaf if you are a fan of Kira but she is not stupid at all. Yes she may be a little goofy but her Katana isn't like other swords its suppose to cut through anything and was built with electricity so don't bring that stupid shit to the table because if she was stupid she wouldn't be on the show and you need to go refresh your memory on some 3B episodes because a Kitsune is a intelligent being that's one of it's most powerful abilities Kira is not stupid at all just admit that you mad because Allison isn't here but guess what YOUR'E NOT THE ONLY ONE. Kira is smarter than half of the pack because it comes natural from being a Kitsune. She went through that PSAT like water although she didn't exactly shade the boxes but thats because of how the disease was infecting her. And you wanna say she's stupid? Smfh I guess Kira should just wake up one day and know how to create electricity from nothing, her mom has to teach her but she does not trust her mother that's why Kira's a baby Kitsune even Derek said it -__- . Kira is superb she neverrr uses her Kitsune skills when fighting not even on Berserkers its always Human Kira fighting. The berserkers don't even come with the intention to Kill either of them. If Kira can fight like that without using her inner Kitsune then you will see stupid when she has to use it. the girl fought 2 oni's at once and didn't shed a bit of blood. But she's stupid cause she isn't doing what you want and i'm sure Jeff didn't walk up to Kira and say Hi Arden. This is your character she is suppose to be a stupid girl. Please act stupid. Foh with that bullshit
More +
Flag
A little bit hyped huh? Pretty much the reaction I was hoping to get
Flag
WOW! A little hyped up aren't you? Maybe you should think about using curses a little less and switch to decaf,

You've got to understand, people don't like Kira because she is with Scott, (thus the reason I'm not a huge fan of shippers).

The katana definitely can't cut through everything, thus the issues with berserkers. I'm not sure anyone has said she isn't brave, which seems to be.

I'm not one who is a fan of Kira mostly because she has just been there and not really contributing. I did like her in the last episode and I especially like her scene's with Liam.

Huh OH, LIRA! Just kidding.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Not a huge fan of Kira and agree with her being portrayed as goofy I don't think that is really supposed to be a bad thing. However I don't think she is stupid. I'd definitely like to see her expand on her electrical power, although I don't want her to be the emperor from star wars shooting electricity at people. Maybe using it if she touches you or in concert with the katana.
Flag
I don't think Kira's mom gave her any of her power, that seems to be based on her tails.

I like the electricity for Kira but we may need some more explanation.
Flag
Did the show just back up Peter's seemingly lame excuse of being a psycho because of the coma?

Scott's only been in a coma for 45 minutes and look how that went.

Flag
From season 3a, we learned that Peter didn't exactly start out with a strong moral foundation, or well...any moral foundation really. So while I could almost understand his point of view, the fact that he went from being a manipulative a-hole to a sociopathic serial killer places him firmly in the "evil villain" camp.

I'm pretty sure that Scott has a stronger moral foundation, so I'm hoping that he'll stay off of Peter's path.
Flag
I never said "Poor Peter! It wasn't his fault afterall!"
I remember him being an sneaky bitch in 3a, but that's not the same as being a rampaging murderer (nice killing, stabbing Derek, murder spree, stuff like that).

Anyway that wasn't my point. I just pointed out that the show has proven that coma's not a werewolf friendly state. And that's a euphemism for "it completely fucks them up"!
I mean if it can make Scott kill his new baby Liam, even if just in a dream. . . It's so not like him.

I agree with you on Scott being better than that. He'll might have smaller moral ups and downs, but he'll always be a good guy. He's the main protagonist of the series after all.
Flag
I realize that, after all you did say that his excuse was "lame". My comment was a response to that lame excuse. If Peter pulls that excuse on either Stiles or Scott, I'm pretty sure they'll also reply that that's no excuse for becoming a serial killer.
Flag
Yeah, they're smarter than that. I hope Malia will realize that soon too.
Flag
Oh by the way did someone already point out that Kate captured Derek at the end of the season which was 2 months ago, but she didn't get the tape about the Hale's using a device to train young wolves to control themselves until 1 month ago.

Jeff (STOP giving out dates)
Flag
Where is Danny is the question everyone should be asking at this point.
Flag
It bothers me that no one is mentioning Danny or wondering where he is.
Flag
Jeff Davis said that we didn't see the last of Danny, so chill out ! :)
Flag
Yes, I'm aware of what Jeff Davis said but it still bothers me that none of the characters have mentioned him at all. I would have expected him to mention him by now.
Flag
Maybe he graduated. That would explain why Coach didn't even mention his name.
Flag
Yeah, it is more than a little suspect.

At this point I'm wondering if Jeff said what he did at ComicCon to just get people off his back, but bring Danny back S5.

Its just odd that he hasn't been mentioned at all not even when lacrosse started.
Flag
I thought the dream sequence was more about teaching Scott that if he doesn't stop being a bitch and refusing to kill the murderers he might as well be killing his pack himself. I mean I'm going to protect th people close to me from death by not killing those that are trying to kill them? Get real! Look to Satomi she gutted that girl like a pro last episode. #NoClawsNeeded

I'm glad Scotts getting more power! He's kind of a weak alpha... King Kade whooped him.
Flag
Wow I watched the episode twice and never thought of the dream scenes that way. Good interpretation!
Flag
Yes, that's how I interpreted his dream as well.
Flag
I don't really miss Garrett, but I sure do miss Garrett's face.

What I really miss is Stiles and Malia (THAT FIRST SCENE WAS THE MOST PERFECT, HEARTBREAKING, TEASE OF ALL TIME. GOOD JOB TEEN WOLF.) I really love their dynamic SO, SO much.

And I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I didn't expect Peter and Malia's first meeting (with her knowing who he is) to go like it did. But looking back on it now, I can't picture it any other way. I'm glad it seems like she's still not interested in taking any of Peter's sh*t outside of using it to get information she wants at this point. I'M VERY SCARED OF PETER MANIPULATING AND USING MALIA. Poor baby girl has already been through so much. That scene with her talking about how GUILTY she STILL feels for causing the crash that killed her mom and sister TORE ME UP. (Shelley Hennig is fabulous. Shelley Hennig and Dylan O'Brien are fabulous TOGETHER). I want to wrap her up in a blanket and keep her safe! So, I hope Peter doesn't get his claws in her. I hope she sees right though him, even if she makes him think she doesn't (she's a clever one...even if she's not so good at school!)

Another amazing episode. Season 4 is blowing it out of the water. My favorite season of Teen Wolf yet.
More+
Flag
I just noticed that Lydia's grandma's banshee code has the word 'wail'.

Flag
Honestly, i'm more interested in the Peter/ Malia, Peter/ Kate, and Kate/ Chris storylines; than anything else currently going on, in the show.
Flag
Same
Flag
The fact that Peter and Kate have even teamed up freaks me out more than anything else on this show...ever! If they continue their alliance, then nobody in Beacon Hills is safe.
Flag
Deaton, the Benefactor, knew all of the Supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills, especially through his role as the Hale's Emissary. So he was super aware of Gramma Martin. Heck, he probably fricken' helped her fake her death.

Mrs Yukimura lost her powers with the Oni - snapping her tails(?), summoning them... And they all died. So she zapped away all her powers on the Oni. Woe :(

Obviously sewer water gives hair the perfect shine. Or Peter's let her use his shower at that apartment he allegedly has... which no-one has seen...

I am super missing Garrett and Violet :(
And where the hell is Mason?!?
Flag
Actually she gave her powers to Kira so Kira could build the Katana watch over the episode and you'll hear her tell Kira she gave all her powers to her
Flag
Kira used her own power to fix the katana.
Flag
No. She used her powers when she summoned the Oni dumbass. Kira used her own fucking power to fix the Katana!
Flag
You just maid it up… receipts?
Flag
wtf do you mean made it up in that episode that her mom told her about Rhys she told kira "My powers are yours now Kira" she gave her power to Kira when she held her hand to make her build back the sword YOU NEED TO WATCH 3X21 38:22 AND PUT ON YOUR SUBTITLE BECAUSE IT SEEMS AS THOUGH YOU'RE DEAF
and its made not maid
Flag
YOU NEED TO REWATCH IT AND JUST LISTEN! She gave up her fucking powers every time she snapped one of the knives to summon the Oni!!!!! The knives represented her tails and a Kitsune's tails are what give them their power. By surrendering all her tails, she lost her fucking power. Kira had her own goddamn power as a Kitsune. Plus, her mother clearly stated that she wasn't a Thunder Kitsune like Kira was which was why KIRA had to fix the Katana.
Flag
NO
Flag
YES
Flag
I know what the line says but there is not way she gave any power to anyone. You don't just say, Oh you have my power. Plus Noshiko still had one tell left, and control of the Oni. And Kira and Noshiko aren't the same type of Kitsune.

Why they used that phrasing I'm totally not sure, always guessed it was like passing the torch to go fight.
Flag
I think Peter lives with Derek, so...
Oh, I miss Mason too. I hope Liam will let him know what's going on.
Flag
While Garrett is gone (yay!), Mason was just not present in this episode since he was not so important for the plot… but he'll be back.
Flag
I think Mason is more of a long term addition rather than someone we are going to see tons of this season. Although it does look like he and lydia are ducking something blowing up in I think the midseason preview.
Flag
All bets are off until we see Malia eat pizza. #PIZZANA #NeverForget
Flag
Hey thought I would put this out there because there has been some discussion I see on the TW timeline.

100% credit to Teen Wolf Wiki. For some reason I can't get a link to come up. It was partially put together because it appears Malia's birth certificate dated her.

• Season 1 – January to February 19th 2011
Dates provided by the newspaper in the final episode.
  • Season 2 – February 22nd to April 2011 with a coda scene in May 2011
Dates from Kate’s funeral three days after the end of Season 1 and Lydia's Birthday in March.
  • Season 3a – August /September 2011
Dated from the “4 months” references in Tattoo.
  • Season 3b – October/November 2011
Dated from the Halloween Episode
  • Season 4 – January/February 2012
Dated from the beginning of the school semester and the “few weeks” reference to Lydia’s Birthday in March.

Now I don't totally agree with all of the reasoning here but I feel like it is reasonably accurate.

The reason this is important. Malia's birth certificate says she was born in 1998. Which makes her 16 in 2014. But it isn't 2014 in TW it is actually 2012. Which would make her 13/14.

I'm not going to defend this one, I'm surprised no one has caught this. I know there are those that seem to complain about every little thing which I think is crazy. Complain about things like this and I know I will take you more seriously..

On another note. Please don't just assume that TW has only one season left. I know I am not the only one who loves it. I know Dylan O'brien said it could be the final season coming up, but that really means little. Now the other reason I brought up the schedule was to show that we should not accept an explanation that we had to graduate the characters. If they want to, they can write s5 as the conclusion of the junior year. They could go s6 being at least 1st semester of senior year, s7 could be graduation.

And that is realistic! The question is, I wonder if we can keep Dylan O'brien for that long. Both he and Posey have said they love Teen Wolf. I remember T Posey saying he wold do it forever or something like that.

Personally I can see some great s/l that could last a few more seasons. Just saying.

Sorry for ranting.
More+
Flag
we all know TW creators don't care about dates, these kind of things used to bother me but if they don't take the time to do their math why should we? this isn't a perfect show HELL this is a mtv show for teens! It has a lot of mistakes and plotholes but I/we? enjoy it anyway.

and as for me they can do all the seasons they want as long as they have a good story to tell. A little while ago Jeff said something about how shows need to change writers in order to keep things fresh. I don't know how I feel about this. What truly scares me about TW is that just when you're falling in love with a character, they just go and kill him or move him to the other side of the globe, and let's be honest they don't do it because is the best thing for that character's story, they do it because the actor decides he wants to leave the show which is fine but now I can't enjoy new characters because I don't know what will happen to them.

Like I love Liam, Malia and Parrish is also so interesting but I don't know if they will last. I have this constant irrational fear (irrational because they are fictional characters) even with the main cast, so as an opinion on how they can keep the show running a couple more seasons. I'm gonna be honest if Tyler H, Dylan O'brien or Holland leave I won't watch it anymore and a lot of people will stop watching so if they can't keep our main cast and our favorite characters I don't see the point in giving us 2 or 3 more seasons, besides I'm getting old for crying everytime Stiles is on screen and so are the actors let's be honest. Seriously the only person with an accurate age is Dylan S.

so yeah, I guess I went a little too far with this. I'm sorry I just have so much feelings and English isn't my first language so it's kind of hard expressing them in the correct words. TW is my favorite show and I try really hard to overlook some things but it's getting harder and harder every season.
More +
Flag
Katie B caught that error with Malia's age further down. As has also been discussed in other threads, the art department blows this kind of thing all the time (newspapers, calendars, text time stamps). It probably doesn't help them that this show has no bible from the producers to set a canon timeline.

The wiki timeline matches the one I've worked out in my head. I should check and see whether they've been able to date backstory events. I have head canon for those, too.
Flag
Sorry KateB I didn't see the Malia age post.
Flag
Price I don't know if anyone else answered you but I think Kira's mom's power is gone because all her tails got snapped in two last season. She broke most of them to create the Oni and Stiles broke the last one to take control of them.
Flag
didn't her mom also say something about Kira's becoming stronger so she gets weaker? or am I just totally putting AHS:Cover dialogue over Teen Wolf? lol
Flag
That doesn't ring a bell to me, probably AHS.
Flag
Not sure if someone already mentioned this or not, but the adoption records don't have a bullet hole through them. Peter was reading them when the Mute tomahawked him.
Flag
GOOD CATCH! I didn't even THINK about that!
Flag
Liked the review.. As usual, but wasn't it Only the boat house that was made of mountain ash. Not Lydia's grandma's whole house
Flag
Then how did Liam jump through the boathouse window
Flag
I get the impression that it has to be completely enclosed and it wasn't until Lydia spread the ash across the front of the dock. Like at Deaton's, werewolves can pass the counter if he doesn't have the little Door thing closed once he closes it and completes the barrier they cannot cross the mountain ash.
Flag
nah, Peter's not the Benefactor. if Lydia's grandmother can't be because Lydia's on the list, then Peter can't be because Malia's on the list. but I don't think her grandmother is, but somebody her grandmother knew atleast.

also, monsters getting killed won't give Peter power, that only happens if he kills them himself and steals their powers like the Alpha pack was doing.
Flag
Finally somebody with some common sense!
Flag
Kira should have died from that punch. Even i felt that from TV!!.
Flag
It knocked her out. She wouldn't of died she's immortal and a blow to the head isn't gonna kill her it will take alot more. When Scott and the others were infected only Kira and Scott could of seen atleast a little and Malia was already out Kitsune's are really strong and Kira just needs to learn how to electrocute the shit outta those Berserkers and save everyone's life because Peter turned to Kate because she has those berserkers and he can't get Scott taken alone so when it comes down to Scott vs. Peter Kate and those 2 berserkers he's fucked unless he figures out that if he roars the berserkers would run and Peter would turn because Scott is an alpha then Kate will run like hell because she's no match
Flag
She's a kitsune, so she survived.
Flag
The pairing of Derek and Braeden feels really forced. I really don't see any point in them being together.
Flag
I don't like them together, either. They don't really have chemistry. BUT I'm hoping that Derek's found a woman who's not a psychopath who will love him for him, even if it's Braeden.
Flag
i like them together. And I'd say more rushed than forced. Or maybe my patience is longer after waiting over a season for Scott and Kira to finally be a couple
Flag
Like, Braeden and Derek just jumped into bed together after a few episodes. What the Hell? They have, like, no chemistry. I guess it SOUNDS sexy to get a bounty hunter and a werewolf together, but I'm not feeling much sizzle or intrigue.
Flag
Certainly, "chemistry" is hard to define and not everyone agrees on which couples have it or not, but I agree with @cbaabc, Derek and Braeden absolutely have chemistry. Whatever Derek's mistakes in choosing women (e.g., fondness for sociopaths), he definitely prefers them independent and physically capable. There've been sparks of one kind or another between them since Braeden freed Derek and Peter from the Cavaleras' werewolf dungeon. I also really like that she intuits a lot about Derek that he doesn't readily give up, and in some ways knows him better than he knows himself.

While there's something magnetic about Derek and Kate's controlling, manipulative and semi-sadistic sex trips, and while there's something sweet in Derek's youthful puppy love with Paige, (and there's nothing much redeeming in Derek's hook-up with quick-witted but poorly matched Jennifer), this thing with Braeden holds the most promise for an actual relationship.
Flag
'Independent and physically capable' is not a personality.
Flag
I'm sorry but you're wrong. The sexual chemistry among them is OVER THE ROOF. Granted that Derek probably have good chemistry with everybody, I can totally see them together.
Flag
Definite chemistry between the two.

As long as we don't get a soapy storyline like Braeden is pregnant and Derek dies and Braeden has to take care of this baby that may or may not turn into a werewolf.

So if a born wolf loses his power, can that persons kids still be wolves?
Flag
@zeofan,

No, I thought the two were sparkin' together big-time.
Flag
Are you sure that's not just you thinking they're both hot?
Flag
I agree. They were so hot together, I thought my tv would melt during their make-out scene.
Flag
Poll

Flag
I don't know - I think if we cared a bit more about Braeden, the romance would be more interesting but other than her being a badass hottie, her character has been paper thin....
Flag
That's cause it's a relatively new character. We haven't seen her background story yet.

That's why I brought up Isaac's example. His character seemed thin before he started to open up to Scott.

I think it's too early to ask (or rather to answer) if Braeden will last.
Flag
It does feel a little bit forced.

BUT unless Paige comes back to life looking 8 years older than she did when she died, then Braeden should stay! She's the best thing Derek did since he was a teenager.
It's time he gets some "intimate fun"! :D

And who knows? A lot of people thought Isaac felt forced the first time he entered the show, and now almost everybody misses him.
Flag
Isaac annoyed the shit out of me, especially when he first became a wolf. But he became one of my favorites and I would LOVE to have him come back.
Flag
While this episode isn't my favorite from season 4 it was enjoyable nonetheless. The opening with Stiles and Malia was depressing, While they aren't my OTP I do like them together and here's to hoping Malia will understand Stiles' motives and forgive the group soon. As soon as we saw mama McCall screaming/sobbing I thought 'they didn't TELL her' and my heart just broke, so glad she was in on it and was just acting. Now that Derek's practically human I love the fact Braeden is teaching him how to defend himself. Plus their potential to be badass together is off the charts. Still loving Lydia's arc but I wanna know already just give me the exposition dump god dammit! I agree with you Price Mrs. Yukimura and Mama McCall should definitely be BFFS. I also liked Argent's interactions with the gang helping them with their plan. While the plan didn't 'work' (big shocker there this isn't episode 9) I like the fact Scott realized that the Benefactor is either a Banshee or has one in their back pocket. We don't often have scenes where Scott is the one with the eureka moments, those usually belong to Stiles so this was a nice change.

I like the fact they are slowly building up the idea of Scott killing. I'm fairly sure Scott understands the idea of 'justified' killing, both of his fathers work in law enforcement (if you don't think on some level Scott considers the Sheriff as a father figure you are crazy) as well as self defense. It seems to me is Scott's worried about going too far, being seen as a monster or worse LIKING it. By the last dream when the mute helps him kill Liam you see that he comes to enjoy it. Great stuff from Posey we don't ever give him the credit he deserves. Regardless of his understandable fears I think Scott will have to kill someone by season's end. I am guessing either Peter or an assassin, or perhaps the Benefactor (who I now think is Brunski, the dick orderly).

Questions:
1) Yes, first grandma Martin then Meredith.
2) It was probably part of hunter training; work on your aim, learn to kill werewolves and how to make your hair look good no matter the situation. (Did you see Allison's hair season 3?!)
3) Derek's suspicious but has been relatively distracted; dealing with crazy ex-girlfriend who killed his family, rose from the dead, then imprisoned him in a Aztec temple turning him into a teenager. There's also the fact he has a 15 million dollar hit on his head and a badass merc who is such a beautiful distraction.
4) While he was cute and entertaining, I don't really miss him. It was fun while it lasted Garrett. I do miss Parrish though where did he go?
More+
Flag
Nice, and come to think of it Brunski...yeah. I thought maybe coach, but since Brunski and coach were in school together, same things apply.
Flag
Brunski makes more sense to me than the coach because Brunski would have known Meredith, grandma Martin plus Barrow (who supposedly encountered children with glowing eyes)
Flag
Riiiight. I like. But I wonder how they gonna play it...because for shock value, using a character we love would be heartbreaking, but better tv. Then again Bruski as a guest, has been on this show a long time... and so gruff and mean to Banshees so it looks like they are indeed leading up to this revelation.
Flag
1. I think the benefactor IS a banshee.
2. Maybe poop gives you great volume...
3. I think he's been a little preoccupied with the whole losing his powers thing/why can't Scott just bite him now that he's all human and stuff?
4. I do miss Garrett. I thought for sure he'd have some kind of redemption thing happen.
Flag
a lot of hanging questions after this episode, but i loved it nevertheless.

i think peter doesn't want scott dead just yet because he wants to do it himself so he can become the alpha whilst gaining 25 million dollars. not really sure about lydia grandmother being alive or the benefactor (new technology et cetera lol) and scott's theory about the benefactor being a banshee is a bit foggy. what about the martins' lakehouse being made of mountain ash makes it important to the plot? malia knows peter is her father right?

when peter told kate he wanted power, i thought he was referring to taking scott's alpha powers but in this recap it mentions peter stealing derek's powers as he loses them with the help of kate?? interesting.
Flag
I doubt that Peter wants to kill Scott to get the 25m $… which after all it was his money to start with! I think it's only for the alpha powers.
Other than that, I agree with what you said.
Flag
i like how everytime kate comes on screen, her hair blows in the wind even inside buildings. also, i laughed when Argent used his smart watch. that product placement was hilarious, i don't know why. i want scott to kill somebody really bad.
Flag
Just a random thought here my last day before a mini vacation...isn't it funny when the show has Scott almost dying (here, "Frayed") that Derek is in fact having sex? I just got a kick out of this idea, but I still believe Braeden is all that she seems to be (though I still vaguely suspect she might, by birthright, be a druid but basically said screw that, but that isn't a big deal other than she might be especially snarky to Deaton or Morrell, if she shows up again since she is unnecessarily manipulating Killian on Witches of East End - I really didn't get where she overheard a conversation where Freya basically really acknowledged her and Killian might be a terrible idea, she still puts a potion in Killian's drink)
Flag
If they make Braeden a druid... That sorts of means all the black people on this show (minus hardly seen Boyd) Druids and vice versa... I'm pretty sure there's some racial issues here it would be better off if they'll avoid.

As for Derek, what I found funny is that the only times Derek seems to score is when he is seriously wounded... Is that like a turn on for him? It's kind of gross.
Flag
Hmmm, Isn't is also racist to look at people as colors and start categorizing them based on that? There's a "black" doctor, one of the orphans, and I'm sure many more. Racism is only alive if people keep feeding it, the sooner we stop grouping people together because of something they had absolutely no control over (ie. skin color, race, sexual orientation, etc) the sooner we will be closer to eliminating discrimination... :) Live and let live!
Flag
I agree. I just was always thinking about what Marin said to the Alphas about Braeden. It sort of was grouping her with herself and Jennifer (the balance thing) and that Deaton is actually a bad ass so Braeden is kind of a blend of them.
Flag
So far there have been 3 Druids on the show, 2 of whom are Brother and Sister! Most of the siblings I know share the same race, (although not all) so I think the shows doing fine with its racial politics. They even made the "white one" the evil one.
Flag
Up until Jennifer I was calling the druids the 'Magical Negroes'.
If you don't know the term - look it up.

Flag
Probably, I just have always thought the druid thing because how else would Morrell know her? Or she is just a really prolific mercenary.

I started thinking that after I wrote my comment, its kind of funny, whenever either Scott or Derek has sex, something bad has happened or is about to happen (the last time I remember Scott having sex, Jackson escaped from the paddy wagon when he and Allison were supposed to be watching him). And then Derek is always wounded.
Flag
Great review.... Also... it was a very solid episode without the WTF 'magic tea that just goes in the air' nonsense.
  • Onto dream sequences... I didn't mind Stiles's one in the opening because a)it was short b) it was poignant and effective and recalled a conversation between Stiles and Scott about Stiles being the 'small spoon and c)it could simply have been a flashback/memory. The more significant and longer dreams of Scott worked for me because of the 'groundhog day' element which obviously but effectively added to Scott's main ethical dilemma this season eg can he avoid becoming a monster AND protect his people (be it is his beta wolves or his lacrosse team)?
  • However the Benefactor trap felt a bit hollow as a plot to me because it felt from early on it was never going to work and risking Scott's life felt too much of a risk for such an unlikely pay off... And drawing the conclusion that the absence of the Benefactor meant it was a Banshee or someone in cahoots with a Banshee felt like they were grasping at straws instead of perhaps looking more into why Kate and the twins were there?
  • McCall Senior has just figured out his son and his friends do weird stuff so yeah, perhaps by Season 7, he'll find out the truth? FBI not looking sharp here particularly... McCall Sr. could easily get a job in The Blacklist's useless FBI guys 'working' with Reddington
  • As intriguing as it may be, I am already bored of the Peter & Kate's partnership in hell... by keeping their deal so mysterious they've also made it boring IMO
  • Love the idea of a Banshee gene and Banshee shenanigans (nice tongue twister too) but I hope it gets some traction fast and that Lydia's story reconnects significantly and permanently with the other guys. Too often she is out and about doing things on her own...
  • Derek & Braeden have chemistry but I can't say their romance is interesting mainly because Braeden's character has barely been developed so not sure if I care beyond the weirdness of Derek becoming human, a storyline that again needs further development. I am not sure if that is what is happening and if it is, how can it happen at all? Perhaps the Hales are not natural wolves as everyone thought? Perhaps the non-wolfy Hales get bitten so they can become wolves? I don't know... this whole plot's a bit obscure to me... esp with Peter showing off the powers he's sucking off but nobody notices?
More+
Flag
Yeah Garrett was a fun character, I also miss Sean the wendigo from 'Muted'.

Also, was it my imagination or was Kira wearing the camouflage shorts Malia was wearing in the Mexico episode and this episode was Malia wearing a plaid shirt like Stiles, or just straight up wearing Stiles' shirt???

I like to think it's because Kira and Malia are friends and can share clothes and perhaps because Malia misses Stiles and wants to wear his shirt with his scent???? Get them back together already...one week was torture enough! LOL
Flag
Liked Sean, I do wish he stuck around longer. Garrett... maybe if the dude was a better actor.
Flag
Yea the wendigo kid was hot. Pity he was in only one episode. Sadface
Flag
God, I watched Season 1 and Lydia is soooo different, It went from "I wanna stab her in the face" to "I just want to give you a hug"
Flag
A lot was going on in this episode, but i liked it..

What I didn't like however was the way they sometimes just skip over things..
Like: Lydia asks her mother if she knew the girl in the picture. Her mother goes, Oh yea Meredith Whatshername. Then they cut out to another scene, and when they return, the mom is all like, yea we kept your grandmothers ash in the barn for you... So I ask you HOW does Lydia's mother know Meredith? It couldn't be just because her grandmother was at Eichen House?

Also, did'n Kyra's mom loose her powers by breaking her tails (or whatever)? I thought they mentioned that in S3B, that the strenght of a kitsune is in it's tail(s)

And, Kyra is supposed to be some kind of energy wielding supe... so why does she need to fight with a damn katana? Our boys and Malia fight with their claws, you don't see them running around with pointy sticks.. So why doesn't she blast that Berserker into tomorrow with one nicely placed energy bolt? It's not like she doesn't know she can do that, right? I mean she stopped Scott's heart like that so why not a Berserker?

As for your questions:

1. Maybe Lydia and Meredith are related, and that's why there was the picture of Meredith in the house (also, doesn't Banshee-ism run in the family), so maybe grandma Lydia is the banshee behind it. Not the killing part ofc. But maybe she's been keeping a little list of all the supes in BH, you know, everybody needs a hobby. And the benefactor just kindoff ripped her off.. I dunno... doesn't explain the 'visual proof' thing though..

2. Maybe Peter lets her secretly shower in his/Derek's loft, because of the clandestine things they've got going on.. I dunno, but personally I wouldn't make secret pacts with evil people who smell like sh*t.. just saying..

3. Right? He's like, tripled in seize since last season and it's getting really distracting. He kindoff lost his neck too... But i'm guessing Derek doesn't notice that (or anything else for that matter) because he's being all secretive and hiding away in hospital rooms and such... Get your head in the game Derek!

4. No... just - No.

And also this =& For a secret mastermind your mind is neither very masterful nor secretive. &= nearly killed me, I was laughing so hard (while trying to stay quiet, because it would be inapropriate to do that at the office)

More+
Flag
1) Yes, the dialogue about Meredith was insanely stupid and is a common thing this season of writers just stopping stuff mid sentence. In fact it was so terribly done I was sure I missed something out cause they couldn't do it THAT badly (they could)

2) Yes, which is why Kira's mother didn't show any powers. She most likely will get her powers back when the tails grow back (it's not clear if it's forever or not) but surely, Scott's mom doesn't know about that.

3) First I'm not sure if Kira can actually shoot lightning or if she just releases it from her hands at close range. Second, my guess is due to budget. They can't afford to have her zap people constantly. Also, they probably thought it would look more cool (and they were wrong).
Flag
Garrett who?
Flag
My exact thought. After reading some of the comments and doing a lot of thinking I remembered Garrett. He was the teen assasin who was working with Violet.
Flag
Oh him!! Completly forgotten as for violet even if we may watched more of her.
Flag
The absence, actually the total and utter disappearance from screen and characters' memories, of Danny is maddening.
At this point it must have some meaning in the plot, whatever it is.
Flag
Actually I don't think there is much of anything that can explain Danny's disappearance and have any of us happy. I would even have accepted he is off in France with Jackson since they were both buddies.
Flag
i think peter used kate to transfer derek's wolf powers to peter in order for peter to be stronger to kill scott. i hope that they have scott killing anyone.

this season is it more intriguing with each episode. each season adds something to the mythology of the show, 2 was about the hunters and when someone rejects the wolfside of them, 3.1 was about the eyes and becoming the alpha, 3.2 adding new supernatural creatures, 4 supernatural killers, more banshee background and hale background.
Flag
1st of all, PLS fix Staila! :(

2nd: I think Peter doesn't want Scott dead. If Scott dies, Peter can't take the alpha-powers from him. So I still think he's not the Benefactor.
BUT, there must be a reason his name's not on the deadpool, and I can't wait to find out what!!!!

3rd: Meredith referred to the Benefactor as HIM, so Granny Martin can't be it! She's working for him tops (I'm guessing involuntarily)

4th (and this is just cause I'm a pedantrist :D ): Malia's adoption records were not bullet-riddled!
They were tomahawk-riddled :D , remember?

Flag
In response to your fourth point, (and this is just because I too am a pedantrist [sic]) - the word for someone who practices pedantry is "pedant".

You make great points though!
Flag
How ironic was this meant to be?
Flag
WOW! good one... now this means Peter knows the truth and is being sketchy as usual...
Flag
What truth do you mean?
Flag
whoa, good catch!
Flag
P.S.:
The crow flies at midnight. . .
:D :D :D
Flag
OMG, I never connected the two files, that's perfect!!
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members