A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S04E09 "Perishable"

Personally, whenever I am doused in gasoline and set on fire in an empty parking lot by my co-worker, it honestly ruins my day. That is because (A) it really hurts, (B) it's really hurtful, and (C) hey I LIKED the outfit I was wearing! But now it is gone, melted away, and floating up to heaven. (Do Hammer pants go to heaven?) But in the case of Deputy Sheriff Parrish, he was NOT embarrassed to have been set ablaze by a co-worker and have all his clothes melt off, and that is because he is not only a supernatural creature of some kind, but even more shockingly he is also SECRETLY BUFF. See, now that roughly 100 percent of Teen Wolf's characters are secret monsters (or just the parents of a secret monster), it's not very surprising or shocking anymore whenever we learn that yet another character is a monster. It's like, duh. That's why you live here. But you know what will never lose its thrill-factor? Finding out a character is secretly buff! You know? Like maybe deep down we had a feeling all along that Deputy Sheriff Parrish had underwear model aspirations in his spare time, but sometimes it takes someone getting set on fire and having their clothes melt off to really be confronted with the reality of that scenario. Anyway, welcome to the club, Deputy Sheriff Parrish, you've got a full-blown TRIPLE membership in the Teen Wolf society in that you're a monster, you're informed about all the other monsters, and also dang do you work out? 

Okay I should probably keep this creepin' to a minimum (at least he's not a teen!). Let's talk about "Perishable," which was a very good episode!

It all started with a mid-sized sedan experiencing a light sprinkle.

But things were not what they seemed!

Somehow and at some point Parrish's dickish co-worker knocked him unconscious and twist-tied him to his own steering wheel! And he was going to light him on fire!

And then he DID SO! 

But don't worry, the killer listened to his Zune in order to drown out the screams.

So, obviously, this guy was a jerk for setting a nice 'n gentle dreamboat like Parrish on fire. But also he wasn't technically an assassin? He was just a guy who knew about the dead pool and decided to pick up some extra coin after work. This is another reason why I like the dead pool plotline so much: KILLERS ARE EVERYWHERE NOW. Sure, most of us have co-workers who could conceivably murder us, but that is now a REALITY for these characters.

Anyway, the thing about setting your co-workers on fire is that it makes the workplace a little awkward afterward.

Because almost immediately Parrish was BACK. And unlike in the Terminator films, he did not mug a random passerby for an iconic costume to wear, he simply marched back into the office fully naked with his junk still sizzling and with an insatiable appetite for FACE PUNCHIN'.

At some point during this literally hot brawl the jerk co-worker accidentally shot Sheriff Stilinski in the shoulder, but all in all this was one of the best Teen Wolf moments in history. I mean, dang. What even IS Parrish? Aside from secretly buff, which we now know for sure. Verified.

At that point he had to face a panel of experts:

While WE had known something was up with Parrish ever since he mentioned feeling vaguely drawn to Beacon Hills (as all supernatural creatures are), he seemed to have no idea what he was or what his abilities were, aside from not being harmed by fire. That seemed believable to me. No hidden motives or evilness here. Just a good guy with a mutant power and a gym membership. Meanwhile he had questions for THEM.

It happened off-screen, but man would I have loved to've heard Scott and Derek explain to Parrish what every monster in town was, and also to hear their take all the sh*t that has gone down over the past four seasons. Parrish definitely got a crash-course in monster knowledge, and that was actually very exciting to think about as a viewer. I love when new characters are brought into the fold, especially when those characters are Parrish. 

Meanwhile at the hospital we got some good, old-fashioned Stilinski family drama related to the bullet currently lodged in Sheriff Stilinski's shoulder. Specifically he made it clear that he might not be able to afford the surgery and Stiles got super mad that he'd been hiding their financial problems from him.

It's always tough watching these two fight, but in the end they sort of agreed that they're on the same side and that neither of them can stop the other from always having his back. Teen Wolf is usually all about supernatural violence and whatnot, but these little moments are often the best part of any given episode. Such a good scene. Such good actors. In a just world, Linden Ashby would have to special-order a shelf strong enough to hold all his Emmys.

Later that night, a certain werewolf bb was having trouble sleeping.

Especially when his printer started going haywire!

It was the dead pool! But it had been updated, with certain names crossed out and higher bounties applied to others. Who had sent it? And why had the person sent 1,000 copies to Liam's printer? So wasteful. If we didn't already think the Benefactor was a bad person, this kind of anti-green behavior just sealed it.

Meanwhile Lydia treated the gang to a fuller explanation of what her grandmother's deal was. And it was filmed in this very lovely way that had her literally walking into and out of her own explanation, seriously, I loved it.

So, the story was that Lydia's grandmother once worked at IBM (mostly so that the props department could use a bunch of old reel-to-reel printers here probably) and one day she predicted the death of her own girlfriend. And that led to her trying to figure out the extent of her banshee powers, which mostly involved tarot and ouija boards and inviting weirdos from the Eichen house to come chill:

This was how Lydia's grandmother knew Meredith! So then the paranormal experts made Meredith listen to bad records and it nearly killed her!

And then later all we knew was that Lydia's grandmother ended up going to Eichen House where she too committed suicide. It was not the happiest story, to be honest.

Meanwhile this was a somber moment between Scott and his big bro Derek:

Derek basically admitted that he needs guns now because his werewolf powers are gone, plus when Scott informed him that he had been identified as a future dead man by Lydia, he did not seem surprised at all. Poor Derek.

The next morning, Scott fondled his money. I was really hoping he'd have a Demi Moore-in-Indecent Proposal moment and sort of spread the money around on his bed and roll in it, but he didn't. He mostly just looked uncertain about things and then put the money back in the duffel. Ugh, blood money, am I right?

At school Liam was having hallucinations of the Berserkers, which was a very cute reminder that although the other characters on Teen Wolf are seasoned professionals when it comes to trauma, Liam is still very sensitive to it! Turns out that maybe not only becoming a monster but also getting into deadly battles with other monsters is not the easiest thing for a 15-year-old to deal with? Poor Liam. Ever perceptive when it came to his progeny, Scott could tell something was wrong:

At this point Liam showed him the updated dead pool he'd been faxed, and then across the hall, Coach also got faxed tons of dead pools. That meant the Benefactor was probably tired of all the assassins doing a bad job at killing monsters and he'd resorted to just straight-up faxing EVERYBODY. 

Lydia and Stiles skipped school that day so that they could crack the code that Lydia's grandmother had left behind for her:

After A LOT of brainstorming, they realized the password was "Ariel" because Lydia had really loved The Little Mermaid as a child. Ugh, even from beyond the grave grandmothers love to embarrass us. 

The list ended up being just a bunch of banshees, so they took it to their new inside man at the sheriff's station

Whoops! They were DEAD banshees. What did it meeean?

Meanwhile this episode also featured a quintessential teen activity: THE SCHOOL BONFIRE!

The bonfire was in the shape of a cyclone, because that's the school's mascot and it's a fact that I constantly forget. At least Mystic Falls High has the Timberwolves, which makes it easy to remember. But the Cyclones? I don't get it. Anyway, just about the worst music you've ever heard was playing and all the kids were getting straight-up WASTED while authority figures looked the other way. It honestly looked like hell. Teens!

This was the first time in the episode that we saw Malia, and she was clearly still trying to drown her problems after finding out her biological father was a major b-hole. Except it sounded like they'd been doing some bonding time and she was starting to sound like she was Team Peter Hale. Also I liked that Scott confirmed what we'd suspected: Werewolves can't get drunk. Makes sense! Not to keep referring to The Vampire Diaries, but it's always struck me as inconsistent that those monsters immediately heal from wounds but can still get a buzz on. Our immune system is what makes us un-drunk, because alcohol is literal poison and our bodies have to heal from drinking it. So if you have a supernaturally strong immune system, then kiss your ability to get drunk goodbye. (Nobody ever said being a monster was easy.) Anyway, good job on understanding basic monster anatomy, Teen Wolf.

Meanwhile Liam was trying to get crunked also.

And you could tell he was having problems in life because he straight-up LITTERED.

What is the opposite of a Save the Cat moment? When a hero litters. Because come on, Liam, that is reprehensible. It's like going on a first date and seeing the person be rude to the waiter. Red flag! No longer interested! Anyway, his friend was concerned and RIGHTLY SO. Pick that up, Liam.

Meanwhile Stiles and Lydia went to Eichen House to get answers and they had to deal with this creep:

But after he agreed to let them into the file room guess what he did??

He tazed them and tied them to a post! That guy is truly the worst.

Also Braeden put on her best Scully outfit and went to go question the dude who had burned all of Parrish's clothes off. 

In my opinion it had appeared that Parrish had beaten the guy's face in, but it turned out he only had minor cuts and bruises?

Anyway, she punched him in the nose and I guess he spilled the beans on his buddies who were currently trying to murder-spree over at the high school.

Because it turned out they were all getting drunk, too drunk, but not from alcohol! It was from the music!

I've honestly had similar experiences at clubs. 'A techno remix of "Let It Go"? Somebody call 911 I'm bleeding out!'

At this point we learned that the Eichen House creep had indeed murdered all those banshees, but in a sick twist it was starting to look like he'd merely done it because he was one of those Angel of Death nurses who think they're putting people out of their misery. Also there was this weird moment where he forced Lydia to listen to a cassette tape.

He'd made a recording of himself murdering Lydia's grandmother and then he forced her to listen to it! That was a pretty rude thing to do on multiple levels, so it was touching when Stiles tried to distract Lydia and told her not to pay attention to the sounds of her grandmother being strangled. But it was especially poignant when her dying words were a plea that the dude not murder "Ariel." But on the other hand, as much as it pains me to say this, maybe Lydia's grandmother was kind of a jerk for withholding this VERY crucial information from her granddaughter until Lydia was 18? I feel like this banshee info and also the identity of her murderer could have been passed along much sooner, but whatever. I am not a banshee and probably never will be.

Back at the bonfire all the werewolves were falling on the ground and a team of "security guards" came and whisked them away and not even Liam's friend could stop them!

And that's when we learned of the killers' flawless plan:

They were going to burn the school down and these three kids along with it! And all because the music outside was incapacitating them. That is, until...

Liam's friend cut the power on the DJ booth! Ha, I love it when characters who are not "in the know" still save the day. Kinda like Scott's dad from a few weeks back. Beacon Hills is a town full of heroes even when they don't fully know what's going on.

So, yeah. Now that the bad dubstep was turned off, Scott's alpha powers returned. And not only that, but he suddenly had backup!

In my opinion Derek probably wasn't cowering powerless in the other room due to the dubstep and that is because now that he was losing his werewolf powers maybe the secret frequency didn't affect him? I don't know. But it was still nice to see him save the day gun-free like he normally would've. Also Braeden is officially a good guy now, as she's fully working on the side of our heroes without a paycheck involved. See what a little lovin' from Derek can do to a person?

This was a close call:

Parrish had discovered that all the dead banshees' death certificates had named this creep as a witness, so clearly he'd been the murderer. And luckily Parrish showed up just in time, before the guy could stage a banshee drug overdose! (Because everybody knows banshees shoot up drugs in their necks.)

But before he died, he confirmed that he WASN'T the Benefactor, and not only that, but that MEREDITH had been the one calling the shots and controlling him.

So yeah, meet your Benefactress. Well, that's what the episode promos and suggested hashtags told us, anyway. That the Benefactor would be revealed in this episode, so I guess it's Meredith? I don't know, Meredith definitely admitted that she had been the one to make the dead pool, but in my opinion that doesn't necessarily mean she's the Benefactor, only the monster-identifier. Which was why she helped the gang earlier in the season, because she wasn't personally invested in getting anybody killed. I don't know, guys. I feel like this reveal is actually misdirection, especially in the absence of any real motive on Meredith's part. We'll see, though! Anything is possible.

I genuinely loved this episode, starting with the insane cold open through Lydia's banshee tale (director Jennifer Lynch is legit amazing), and especially the idea that the whole town is trying to kill our heroes now. THOSE are stakes. Sizzlin' nude Parrish certainly helped as well. But we're getting oh-so-close to the end of the season, so I have high hopes things will get even more nuts from here on out. Brace yourselves for answers.

OK BYE

QUESTIONS

... What is Parrish? A phoenix? A fire demon? An angel? An X-Man? A 2(x)ist model?

... Is Meredith really the Benefactor?

... How sad was Lydia's grandmother's life?

... Have you ever vomited from listening to dubstep?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

665 Comments
Comments (665)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Did anyone else notice that when the Sheriff and the Deputy got briefed on the supernatural world, the first question out of both of them was "what's a kanima?"
Flag
See what a little lovin' from Derek can do to a person?
Didn't seem to do much for the Darach...
Flag
I did really like this episode, but I'm skeptical of the big "reveal of the Benefactor". I was not expecting it to be Meredith! 'Cause I had thought Meredith was dead (silly me...nothing is ever as it seems in Beacon Hills.) and also, I feel like I don't know a whole lot about her character - other than that she was committed to the Eichen House...and she's a bit (okay, maybe a lot) mentally-unstable.
Still, I don't know about her being the Benefactor. Maybe she's close to the Benefactor; working on the inside, or something...but I doubt she's the actual Benefactor. Something tells me there's at least a little bit more to the story; because as I said before, things in Beacon Hills are usually much more convoluted than they appear.

My poor Stiles, he just can't catch a break. Captured by the creepy Angel-of-Death-Eichen-House-employee/nurse-guy...along with Lydia! I was geniunely concerned for them during this episode - nothing bad ever seems to befall Lydia (well, except for the Season 1 incident in which she woke up naked and alone in the woods. That was traumatizing for her; but it was also back when she was a more minor character...so I didn't care about her all that much.) so that was interesting. She's always appealed to me as the most mysterious character on the show...we don't know much about her family, or her background, or her powers...but maybe we'll finally get some real information - especially now that she's realized her grandmother was a bigger part of all this than she ever imagined. We'll have to see!
Great review, Price!
More+
Flag
Obviously Parrish is one of Daenerys' dragons. Or he's a Targaryen, you know, because fire cannot kill a dragon.

Jk, he's a phoenix, of course, because it always rises from its ashes or whatever.
Flag
Gerard: What did I teach you is the best way to eliminate a threat?
Chris: Get someone else to do it for you.
Flag
Especially funny review, Price! :)
Flag
"I've honestly had similar experiences at clubs. 'A techno remix of "Let It Go"? Somebody call 911 I'm bleeding out!'" Oh Price you kill meeee ahahahaha

Also I totally thought he was a Phoenix too but idk could be anything at this point.
Flag
I think Parrish is a dragon..immune to fire and all that
Flag
Brian Patrick Wade (Ennis) to Agents of Shield
Flag
maybe he kept his ben 10 powers????? as my son says everytime he sees him look mum ben 10 (parish)
Flag
In the new promo, Meredith says she only wants to talk to Peter...hmm, what could that be about? Is he the actual Benefactor? This has to have something to do with why he's not on the dead pool.
Flag
I would fall over in fits if Meredith turns out to be Malia's mother - she wants to speak to Peter - maybe Talia taking away her memory sent her crazy.....but now she remembers Peter.
Flag
Nah, earlier on they said Malia's mum is The Desert Wolf/AKA a Coyote. Meredith is a banshee, and I guess you can't be both, right? Plus, even if Meredith was Malia's mum, how did Malia become a coyote, then? I guess they'll find out who it really is in S5.
Flag
I know this gets said a lot, but I just love Malia, lol.
Flag
Malia's grown on me, I admit. I've always liked her more than Kira; but I really love her now. She and Stiles play off each other so well!
Flag
Kira needs to be given more screentime. She just appears out of nowhere every two episodes now, its strange. More moments with her and Scott please.
Flag
Poll

Flag
Wow! That seems very unanimous. Everybody loves Parrish! :D
Flag
What's not to love? He's hot, literally.
Flag
Poll

Flag
No I don't think so. When she had stopped helping them earlier the reason she gave was "He doesn't want me too." or something like that. So unless she was playing them (which I don't believe) then there is definitely someone else involved.
Flag
The problem is, it seems like she is the Benefactor but it just doesn't make any damn sense that it's her. Most of us really want someone else to be the actual Benefactor. I'm going to feel so let down if there isn't another big Benefactor reveal coming up. If Meredith is the real Benefactor, I really need to know what her motive is and it better be good. AND if it's Meredith, I'd much rather focus on whatever Peter is up to.
Flag
What I think I didn't get right it's why Lydia's grandmother and Meredith knew each other. On the episode, we saw her letting Meredith inside the soundproof room (is that Lydia's grandmother, right?) and if she's that woman, I don't get why she looks like 40-50 and Meredith looks the same as in the present... it supposed to took place when Lydia was a child and her grandmother -as we see on that scene- is in her late 40 or early 50, why Meredith hasn't aged? Is some banshee kind of thing?
Flag
Lorraine met Meredith years later, as in years after her gf died. Remember Lydia said that after she died Lorraine spent years trying to find out how she knew about her boating accident. So that means she Meredith a few years (months?) before she died.
Flag
Um, didn't Lydia's mother open the door?
Flag
I actually thought it was Lydia's grandmother, Lorraine. I don't think the woman who let Meredith in really looked like Natalie. I could be wrong though
Flag
Or it could just be Lydia's perspective. We didn't get to see the actual scenes from the grandmother's life, just Lydia's narration of it with the scene playing in her head. So she imagines Meredith looking the way she does now.

On the other hand, we actually did see a picture of Meredith in that room and in it she looks the same as she does now. So maybe it is a banshee thing. Or maybe she just aged well. If Meredith was in her early-20's in the picture, she'd be in mid-thirties now and it is conceivable for her to not look that different.
Flag
Malia just wants to dance. I MEAN, THAT'S ALL SHE WANTS. Why is life so hard and unfair for newly turned werecoyotes?
Great episode.

Side Note: Price, I just read that you are going to be on Wolf Watch, WITH SHELLEY HENNIG! This is like my ultimate dream come true and I'm SO EXCITED. Please find a way to sneakily reference "Pizzana" and my life will be complete!
Flag
for the next episode of wolf watch? what air date?
Flag
Wait is this for real?? where did you hear this?
Flag
It's on the schedule! The Wolf Watch for episode 4x11! Price and Shelley, mark your calendar because I think it's gonna be epic!
Flag
Here's a question - Did Stiles take any money from the bag?

We saw that last night, Stiles was in the hospital worried about paying the bills. Next morning, Scott notices that the bag full of blood money conspicuously visible under his bed. He rushes to it, sees the zipper partially open and empties the bag in some panic. Then - and here is the interesting part - he counts it. Then he sighs, packs it all back up and goes his way and that money isn't mentioned for the rest of the episode.

It just seemed to be an odd and pointless way to reinforce their money problems - if that was the whole purpose of the scene. But I wondered if it was possible that Stiles took some of the cash or atleast thought of before changing his mind at the last second. Either way, he didn't put the bag back properly after he was done and Scott noticed. And after counting, Scott was either relieved that the money was all there or he figured out that Stiles must have taken some.
Flag
Hmm, interesting. Scott did seem awfully interested in counting all that cash...

but honestly, the thing that got me was the fact that when they show the bag that holds the money, the camera also zooms in on the Nike swoosh on the zipper, and holds on the Nike symbol for at least a few seconds.

We know, Teen Wolf, you're sponsored by Nike. But thanks for cluing us in. :)
Flag
Scott breathed a sigh of relief after he counted, so that probably means the money's still there.

However, there is one other person who knew about that bag, and that's Malia. There's always the possibility that she wanted to know what was in the bag that Scott and Stiles were hiding under the bed and decided to look for herself. I could see her curious about the secret, but not actually caring about the money.
Flag
I think they hinted so in order to open a new plot line: among all the monster things and stuff, they also have mundane problems like debst and, as the human beings they *still* are, they're supposed to deal with them too. They usually are more worried about getting through the day alive than paying their insurance bills or gas receipts, so it's nice to see they have that kind of struggle -and the corresponding reaction to it- too.
Flag
That "gonna shoot the grim reaper" slide had nr in stitches....!😅😅😅😅
Flag

Oh and btw, I'm pretty sure Stiles's dad is gonna die and maybe that's why we have another character working at the police station (talking about mr. dreamy). Linden congratulated the others on season 5, so that was kind of a spoiler. But I'm just super excited to see Dylan act even better (like that is even possible) when his character's dad dies. AND Dr. Deaton isn't returning for season 5, cuz he was casted in SOA. AND Keahu is coming back next season
Flag
My husband is a huge SOA (and Teen Wolf) fan. He says SOA is ending. Would Deaton having a role on the last season of SOA really stop him from appearing on Teen Wolf?

I haven't heard any news about Keahu Kahuanui at all. Part of me still keeps expecting him to pop up this season. Where did you get your information? Mind sharing the link?

I can't see them killing of Sheriff Stilinski. He's a fan favorite. And after all Stiles went through, I can't really see his character going through that much heartbreak so soon.
Flag
Most of the info is from google but they did reveal a few from the Comic Com panel
Flag
I loved their Comic-Con panel...
Flag
I believe on the MTV.com site it says that the one who plays Danny is returning. http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/teen_wolf_comic_con_2014_season_5_dylan_sprayberry_death_danny_return-2014-07
There's a link.
Flag
Thanks for this link. I saw the Comic-Con panel so I pretty much knew this info. From what pamanikay wrote I thought there might have possibly been some new information released.
Flag
Where did you get all of this.

I didn't not interpret his congrats on season 5 as he was leaving.
I doubt SOA will be shooting during TW, so unless this has been confirmed by MTV or Jeff, take it with a grain of salt.

Teen Wolf people LIE when it comes to things like this, do not believe anything that Jeff had not said directly or at least has been heavily foreshadowed on the show. (Like Parrish being a Supernatural)
Flag
You see, I thought introducing Parrish (attractive male in his early to mid twenties) was a sign that they might be getting rid of Derek. Up until this point he's been the sole male in that age range, but now there are two.

However, I have this tendency to see everything as a sign that Derek's going to die.

Admittedly, this season with a Banshee actually predicting that he's going to die, I do at least have evidence to back up my paranoia.
Flag
I thought bringing another police officer means that it's possible the sheriff was leaving (or they just wanted to suggest to him he is not replaceable during contract negotiations.)

Flag
Parrish isn't a sign that Derek is going to die. I think that it's good for Derek to have at least one friend at his age. :D I mean, he lives with his uncle and all of his friends are high school students. It'd be great if they become best friends.
Flag
I'm all for Parrish and Derek becoming friends. Not sure how it would work at the moment, but definitely something I would approve of whole heartedly.

I'm pretty sure Peter lives somewhere else and just hangs out there because he doesn't want teenagers knowing where he lives.

Didn't he say in the episode where they broke into the bank vault to rescue Cora and Boyd that he had his own place?
Flag
@Nevena3344 He does have a bit of a creeper vibe. Although nothing like as bad as in S2.

Oh Derek... sneaking into underage girl's hospital rooms and offering to bite them.
Flag
I don't know. I don't remember... Well, even if he doesn't live with his uncle, his friends are high-school students and he needs one at his age.
Flag
I honestly feel like she's the benefactor. I mean THINK ABOUT IT: Her whole life, she's been tormented by supernaturals and voices in her head and it literally drove her crazy. She didn't choose to be a banshee nor to be an Eichen House well-known patient. I really feel like this is her way of revenge. And she just hates supernaturals that much to pay anyone who would kill them for her.
Flag
Anyone else find it odd that there was never any type of mention about "Danny" or Keahu Kahuanui leaving the show? I mean I know Danny wasn't a major role or even a major supporting role, but he was there since season one. Doesn't he deserve some type of recognition?
Flag
I have been saying that for weeks. Jeff Davis and casting issues aside, it's just weird that no characters have mentioned him at all.
Flag
According to Jeff Davis, we haven't seen the last of Danny, so he hasn't necessarily disappeared forever, but I do find it very conspicuous that none of the characters have commented on his absence, despite being in the middle of lacrosse season. It would have been very easy to drop in a quick line somewhere, particularly when establishing that Isaac had decided to remain in France and wouldn't be returning, to explain where he went.
Flag
I think he graduated. That would explain everyone's silence on the subject, it was nothing weird.

Of course, I'm probably wrong.
Flag
During the episode where coach mentions the bonfire and then says something about team alumni also attending, my first thought was "aha, Danny obviously graduated, and this is their way of bringing him back into an episode". That sadly did not happen :-(
Flag
I suppose that's possible, but it would mean he graduated in December. Lacrosse is a spring sport. And still, that would have been very, very easy to mention in passing, particularly for Coach at the beginning of tryouts.
Flag
There's no question Meredith created the dead pool, but I just can't swallow the idea of her being so clever as to have orchestrated all this stuff without some serious help. Brunski is not serious help he just murdered a bunch of banshees in Eichen House because Meredith identified them as such. I mean what would be her motive? Kill all supernaturals in range of her powers so she doesn't have to sense them or their deaths anymore? But banshees can predict human deaths too right? So she'd still have to deal with her power.. Maybe the REAL benefactor promised that they'd strip her powers from her, leaving her human, if she created the dead pool and got Brunski to do his thang. Since we know powers can be stripped from a supernatural (Derek) this could be a possibility.. Hell maybe it's the Mexican hunters, they found Derek pretty damn close to their hideout...
Maybe I'm reaching here but I just can't imagine Meredith and Brunski doing all this shit by themselves... especially robbing Peter..
Flag
People keep talking about Lydia's list like all Brunski's victims were banshees. Did the show establish that? I thought it was a list of Eichen House residents—not necessarily even supernatural—that Brunski had killed, because he's an angel-of-death serial killer. The only reason there was a list was that Lydia's grandmother, Lorraine Martin, is a banshee and is able to communicate with his dead victims and predict her own death at his hands.
Flag
You're right. The only banshee we know of on that older list is Lydia's grandmother.
Flag
Really liked this episode.

Interested to see what the reasoning for Meredith

The Parrish story to me was done great. Would have liked to have seen more of the convo with Parrish, also is it too much to ask for maybe a wolf out, and not just red eyes. Loved seeing him beat the crap out of deputy. I thought Parrish rushing in to save the day was great as well.

How's this link back to Hale House.

Loved the scene between Sheriff and Stiles. Am I mistaken, but we don't know either of their first names do we?

Stiles and Lydia are always great together.

I have some hope of getting Danny back. Did anyone notice what Mason said when Liam wasn't going to go to the lacrosse bonfire. Basically telling him that that he "liam" needed to go to get him "mason" a guy, implying that statistically there should be at least one gay player.

I sort of liked Mason here, I wonder how his role is going to grow. He was a hero tonight. The chemistry between him and Liam is pretty good. I hope they keep it under wraps for awhile.

Derek and Braeden make a great team, but I really want him back to a werewolf.

Here is my only problem, and I think it will probably be answered in the last 3 episodes. What the hell does Kate have to do with anything. I loved her as a pyschopathic villain with a werewolf fetish but she has been useless so far. Hopefully more of presence next season.

More+
Flag
I, too, would like to know what is Meredith's motive for killing supernaturals. I totally was expecting the Benefactor to be a human who is mad at supernaturals for some reason. And this doesn't connect to the Hale House fire at all (unless there are some big reveals still coming).

I always want to see Scott (and Derek before he lost his powers) wolf out. For a show called Teen Wolf, we rarely see wolves :P

I know we've never heard Stiles' first name before but I'm not sure if we've ever heard his dad's first name.

I hope Danny comes back as well. He seemed like such a cool guy. I did catch what Mason said about getting a girl for Liam and a guy for himself :P So far, I really like Mason.

I hope Derek turns back into a werewolf too. I would like to know what the hell Kate (or Peter) did to him. It seems like Peter is the beneficiary of Derek's powers, but how the heck did that happen?

I have to be honest and admit that I hate Kate. I never wanted her to come back. I wasn't excited when she first appeared as a were-jaguar. But now that they've brought her back, I would like to know what she did to Derek and also how she got control of the Berserkers. I really would like to see Kate die by the season's end. That's how much I can't stand her :P
More +
Flag
Well if they would make her a more integral part of the story. I can only hope she will stick around and do something big

I was thinking what if just as peter is about to kill scott she rips peters head off. that would be so awesome. I love and hate peter so much at the same time. I think he needs to be the villain on teen wolf, but he is maddening.

One other thing I was actually just thinking about. Really and honestly, they mostly wasted our time on Lydia's grandma unless there is more to come. Or at least if feels like it to me.

I'm actually going to try to post a little less, this is depressing on here sometimes. There have been no bad episodes this season, most of the office watches the show, and they are nowhere near the fan I am and after I got them over to watch between season 3/4 (we had some TW get togethers and and dinner) they are more excited about it on Tuesday mornings. I know teen wolf is a little frustrating for some little stuff, but it really gets the big picture stuff right. I'm not sure why people can't be satisfied with that and enjoy. If they don't they're going to lose it. And Monday's without Teen Wolf are without happiness.
More +
Flag
I'm all for Kate doing something big. It would be cool if she killed Peter just as he's going to kill Scott. Then Scott could kill her :P

Peter makes a good villain but he can't hang around forever. The hero facing the same villain again and again will end up being monotonous. If Peter's going to be the big bad for season 5, they need to pull out all the stops and make him be horrible in all the right ways because he can't keep showing up being evil.

I feel the same way about Lydia's grandma. In their quest to throw us off and make Lydia's (dead) grandma seem like she was working with the Benefactor, they wasted our time (and the show's time). That time could have been used to show us something cool or something that was much more relevant.

I try not to post too much. But I'm on vacation for the rest of the month so I know I've been going overboard. I wish I had people at work to talk to the show about. You're lucky. My husband and I watch the eps together and then talk about it but we haven't had any luck convincing anyone we know to watch it. I get disappointed about things on the show but I don't lose sight of how awesome Teen Wolf is. Yes, some people's negativity is overwhelming. I just try to ignore them. If they dislike the show that much, I wish they'd just stop watching. I'm not saying that Teen Wolf is perfect. But if someone is seeing more negative than positive in it, I don't see why they watch or why they come here and post. Just ignore them.

My Mondays are so boring without Teen Wolf. At the same time as I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this season play out, I'm dreading the season's end.
More +
Flag
Totally agree, and to think we will probably have to go until next june without any TW, as I expect that will be when s5 starts.
Flag
Not gonna lie, I'm honestly disappointed that Greenburg was not the Benefactor.
Flag
Hehehe...that would've been so cool!
Flag
I love this Teen Wolf community. I love the various opinions and how you guys notice stuff that I've missed. Sometimes I'll feel negative about something and you guys will put a different spin on it and completely change my point of view. And even though there are a couple of bad apples from time to time, I love how even if we have different opinions, everyone remains respectful. I wish all online forums/communities could be like this.
Flag
I'm older and male, so most of the Teen Wolf fan communities are not for me. I love this community for the act that it is for Fans of the Show unlike others that has people complain each and every episode that they haven't watched the show since the second season when it became obvious that their favorite ship was not going to happen.
Flag
I've wondered about this as well. I think its mainly due to the fact that TW is a pretty intelligent show despite how it seems like slick polished fluff at first glance. And when you combine that with Price's sense of humor and his ability to so succinctly verbalise the feels we get from watching an episode, it turns a potentially drab weekly recap (try reading some of the other recaps around here) into just about as big an event as the actual episode itself. I think i'm starting to come down with a little bit of a crush on Price but he's so popular I don't think he could possibly take another online penpal bb.
Flag
I think you're right. It's a very intelligent show and the reviews are smartly written. (And I know what you mean about some of the other tv.com recaps lol).

Go ahead, you can join the I love Price fan club :P
Flag
well said!
Flag
Thank you :)
Flag
you're welcome!
Flag
I always knew EDM/trance/dubstep was evil! :p

I don't 100% believe Meredith is the Benefactor, might be splitting hairs here but she said it was "my list", which if she coded and wrote up the list it would be HER list, doesn't mean she actually MADE the list. and the episode ended before anything else was said, so this just seems like another misdirection.. and also, wasn't it supposed to link back to the Hale fire? and Dylan guessed it in episode 4 (irl time)? Meredith didn't show back up until episode 5, so why would she have been a candidate?

Meredith was on the list, so maybe somebody controlled Brunski into faking Meredith's death because they didn't want her to be murder-disguise-as-suicided like the rest.. maybe Lydia's grandmother actually did fake her own death.. but it's not related to her being the Benefactor. kind of makes me wonder, if Lydia's grandmother was a lesbian, did she have Lydia's father before she was with a woman, or after? or did she go to a sperm bank? I doubt he had been adopted because Lydia most likely inherited her banshee-ness from her grandmother.

also, I knew Parrish was 'buff' because I looked at his IMDB when he first showed up because I couldn't place where I'd seem him before (that Ben 10 movie).. and there's a couple pictures there lol
More+
Flag
I thought the episode was pretty good. The whole thing I was focusing throughout the episode was who stole some of the money underneath Scott's bed. I truly hope it wasn't stiles. Does Kira even go to this school anymore?? I really like Kira, but you know a character isn't needed in a show when they really add nothing to the plot. But can I just say I'm loving Liam's friend, whatever his name is.

... What is Parrish? A phoenix? A fire demon? An angel? An X-Man? A 2(x)ist model?
I've given up.
... Is Meredith really the Benefactor?
I kinda hope she isn't, just because when it was revealed to be her, I didn't really have a reaction at all. I don't know why, it just doesn't really excite me at all. It was surprising to me though, didn't even consider her.
... How sad was Lydia's grandmother's life?
It' truly heartbreaking. All Banshees must live hard, hard lives.
... Have you ever vomited from listening to dubstep?
No, but if that Let it Go story is true, I really feel for you Price...
Flag
Like you, I thought that some money was missing but some people here told me that Scott counted the money, then sighed in relief. I was able to rewatch the ep today and that seems to be what's happened. He did exhale with a look of relief so I guess all the money is there.

I like Mason, Liam's friend. I hope that he finds out what's going on with all the supernaturals. The way he stood up for his friends makes him seem like a good kid.

I hope Meredith's not the Benefactor either. I've never felt so underwhelmed with a big reveal...on any show ever. It's still not making much sense to me that she's the Benefactor.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Can we talk for a second about something Price didnt focus on at all?
Like the list Lorraine came upon. All the people who commited 'suicide' and died including her. The one which Lydia, unknowingly, wrote my bb Stiles' name.
And Lydia's Banshee predictions have NEVER been wrong. Since I can remember actually since 3A.
Does this mean Stiles has been marked for death? :(
And Derek too, being the cipher key. :(
And lastly, Lydia herself ended up being a cipher key ofsorts but what does that mean?
Flag
Stiles name was on the list but even though Lydia put it there it doesn't mean it was because he was going to die. She was in more imminent danger than him and she didn't write her own name. On the other hand the deadpool is comprised by a banshee, and Lydia is one, so maybe she just put his name on the deadpool.....
Just saying!
Flag
If she didnt put her name, that must conclude that Lydia's not dying any time soon. Banshee's dont predict danger. They predict death.
Flag
Lydia has said last season that she feels that she should be able to get a warning in time to prevent deaths.
The list was of patients in Eichen House who had apparently committed suicide but had in reality been murdered by Brunski. Stiles had been a patient while Lydia hadn't.
Flag
If everyone on the list dies, there will be no show. So not everyone on the list will die. Which means that Stiles has as much chance of living as anyone else.
Flag
But Stiles isnt on the Deadpool list. I dont think those have been marked 100% for death. Lorraine's list is, though. Everyone else on it died. Including her. Makes me a little uncomfortable. But yeah, killing him would be such a dumb move.
Flag
I feel like ... If they're going to reveal the Benefactor, this episode would be the right time. I like plot twists, but "The benefactor iiiiiiis... Annoying Eichen House Guy! PLOT TWIST actually iiiiiiiit's .... Meredith! PLOT TWIST it's actuallyyyyyy--" is a bit exhausting.

I'm not sure was happy with Meredith being the Benefactor though. It's just not surprising enough. Oh well, seems like we'll get a great storyline with Peter/Scott in the final episodes. Very excited about that!
Flag
Yes, I'm also looking forward to a Scott/Peter showdown. I like Peter, but enough of his shenanigans! I want to see Alpha Scott put Peter in his place!!!!
Flag
While I wasn't horribly impressed by the whole Meredith thing yet, I certainly don't think this is the end of it. Either Meredith isn't alone in being the Benefactor, and there's someone else working with/for her, or she has some previously unknown connection to the Hale family, in particular the Hale family fire. Too much of the Benefactor's interests and knowledge come back to the Hales: knowing about the vault and the money; knowing about Kate and her history with Derek, including the triskelion; knowing Malia is biologically a Hale; and omitting Peter from the dead pool. Some random young banshee who had a traumatic experience with Lydia's grandmother at the lake house just doesn't make sense by itself.
Flag
I loved the episode. So unexpected and... Just WOW. Great. Meredith? WOW. I... Didn't expect that. GREAT. I am speechless. I hope we will understand her reasons and stuff. WOW.
There's one thing I can't understand - why is Liam, who is a Beta since a few weeks, worth more than Satomi - the oldest werewolf alive, a strong Alpha... It doesn't make sence. I think Scott should be the most expencive - True Alpha, and the next should be Satomi. Or she can cost as much as him.
About the questions:
1. Cute. xD Maybe a phoenix.
2. Yes. I think so. And soon we will know exactly why.
3. Very sad. Poor Lorraine.
4. No, I haven't. I have never heard even one dubstep song. You know, I prefer metal.
Flag
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Satomi was worth 20 mil, Scott is 25 mil and Liam is now 18 mil? I agree that Satomi should be worth way more than Liam. But I think her price is what it is because she's so old. As far as I know, Scott does have the highest bounty on his head... As for Liam, I think his bounty went up because Derek was removed from the list. That money for Derek (15 mil) had to go somewhere. And since Liam did so well against the Berserkers, he's kind of proved himself to be sort of a bad ass already? LOL I'm not 100% sure of any of this. I'm just guessing. But this is what I think for now.
Flag
Updated (as much as possible) dead pool:

Keyword: Allison
Sean Walcott 250
David Walcott 250
Michael Walcott 250
Christina Walcott 250

Lydia Martin 20
Scott McCall 25
DeMarco Montana 250
[Derek Hale 15]
Carrie Hudson 500
Kayleen Bettcher 250
Kira Yukimura 6
Elias Town 250

Keyword: Aiden
Kate Argent 12
Noshiko Yukimura 5
Joanne McLaughlin 1
Steve Grace 1
Tom Hill 1
Brett Talbot 1
Reed Schall 250
Richard Benefield 250
Jack Marsland 250
Joy Waldrop 250
Cheryl Calix 250
Jordan Parrish 5

Keyword: Derek
Satomi Ito 10
Malia Hale 4
Liam Dunbar 18 (olim 3)
Meredith Walker 1
Liz Moore 1
Patrick Clark 1
Bree Leverett 250
Kaitlyn Schaar 250
Genevive Cary 250
Angelique Fain 250
Lorilee Rohr 250
Brittani Kegley 250

Many more members of Satomi's pack were infected and killed by The Chemist in the forest, but because they were anonymous and those portions of the revised dead pool have not been shown on screen, I've only crossed out the confirmed deaths.

Also, Meredith, though still alive, remains crossed through on the printed dead pool lists.
Flag
Thank you for posting this!! Awesome!!!
Flag
20 millions? Uh, I saw 10 yesterday. It might be my mistake. I'll check later.
Yes, Derek's money had to go somewhere, but they could have given a part of them for Malia, Kira, Lidya, Satomi, Parrish or someone else. It's not necessary to give them all for one person.
Maybe it's because killing Liam will make Scott weak and The Benefactor wants the assasins to notice him or something.
Flag
I still think that since Satomi's so old that's why it didn't go to her. Yes, it could have gone to everyone else. It could have been spread around a bit. I'm wondering if this was done to play with Liam's (and Scott's) mind? This could be a way to toy with him. And of course, if someone kills him, that would be a bonus to the Benefactor.
Flag
Yes, I think that this could be the reason - to play with their minds.
Flag
I like the theory of Parrish being an Efreet connected to his period in Afghanistan, but I'm not convinced... first of all I think Afghanistan is a bit off with respect to the area of the Efreets (Arabia), then Efreets were creatures made of fire that could control it, and up to now Parrish does not have shown any affinity with fire at all (compare with Kira and the electricity on the past season).
Death and rebirth by fire is really specific for phoenixes so I'm betting on that, unless Teen Wolf authors have picked up some strange mythology.

I really hope that Meredith is just one henchman (well, henchwoman) of the Benefactor and not the character itself because it really sounds silly.
Flag
I think Derek is not on the list because he is no longer supernatural. With that said... Ian Bohen and Dylan O'Brien have both said that a major character dies this season. If it's Derek....I hope they tie up the loose end of wtf did Kate do to him lol
Flag
If they kill Derek and don't bring him back immediately then I might just become one of those pathetic people that say 'I'm never watching this show again!' when something happens they don't like. It just wouldn't be the same without Derek.
Flag
I think Derek will die, but because Phoenixes has the ability to heal others, Parrish will bring him back as his full-blown werewolf self. (This is assuming Jordan Parrish *is* a Phoenix.)
Flag
i like this theory. As Derek said, Banshee's predict death, not danger, so he will die, but i also expect (hope) for a quick revival.
Flag
Deadpool aside. Dealing with Banshee predictions, Derek and Stiles have been marked for death, cipher key and Grandma's 'suicide' list, by Lydia. But I dont think the writers will ever try to get rid of the both of them. I dont think so.
Its probably Peter. Hopefully.
But I also have a bad feeling about Lydia.
Flag
I think Peter is the one who is going to die. There's no other way to stop him. I like Ian Bohen, but let's be honest... Peter's probably going to die.
Flag
I hope it's not Peter, but I think he might finally die.
Flag
me too. Scott might kill him I think because last episode was all about Scott "learning" how to kill. And in the trailer for the 2nd part of the season, we see Scott and Peter ready to fight.
Flag
I also understood that as the reason to remove Derek from the list. He's definitely going to die, btw.
Flag
I also think they upped Liam because he fought a berserker.
Flag
i was just thinking, how are the monsters on the list worth calculated? lliam is a nobody except that he's scott's beta. scott may be a true alpha, but really he's not that important or that powerful as he has had his as handed to him on a regular basis. so how is their worth calculated? also, what would Meredith's motives be in wanting any of them dead? i have a feeling there is someone else behind all this, as it just doesn't add up to me.
Flag
I think it may be people connected to Lydia or Stiles.
Flag
why would it be stiles? he's not even on the list as he's no loner a supernatural creature. if it was based off of lydia, wouldn't she be worth the most. neither of those makes sense.
Flag
I think your worth depends on how hard it is to kill you? Liam probably got upgraded because many attempts of assassination failed and he also survived a fight against a berserker.
Flag
kira would be harder to kill than him, malia as well. also, peter's not even on the list at all. he is extremely hard to kill.
Flag
i think the longer you stay alive the more your worth
Flag
Do you have any idea how much I look forward to reading your recaps each week? Srsly, it's a highlight. Spot on AND hilarious. Thanks for doing this.
Flag
why is liam suddenly worth more money?
Flag
Like I replied to someone else here, their worth depends on how hard it is to kill them I guess. Initially the benefactor would have thought Liam is a beta and easy to kill but then many assassination attempts on him failed and he even fought against a berserker. Since more work is needed, more bucks I guess.
Flag
derek isn't on the list anymore, likely because for all intents and purposes, he's a human (however temporary that may be). he was worth 15 million, so now that he's not on the list anymore, the benefactor has more money to pay for the other targets. i'm guessing liam's proximity/relationship to scott is likely why the benefactor added the full 15 million from derek's bounty to his. i don't really get why it would all go to liam instead of splitting it among malia and kira as well, but hopefully we'll learn the reason behind that decision soon. the mccall pack members are the most valuable targets on the list, though, and like dean34 said, scott gets power from liam being his beta, so killing liam would make it easier to kill scott, i'd imagine, which could explain why he's suddenly the third most valuable person on the list.
Flag
I think it's to put a bigger target on Liam's back, and if he get's killed, it will really destroy Scott.
Flag
Scott is stronger with a pack, so killing Liam would make Scott weaker in order for Peter to attack, is my theory.
Flag
Couple things:
1. Eichen House has to forgive Sheriff Stilinski the supposedly monstrous bill from that time Stiles stayed there for all of two days, and they lost him; now that one of their employees extorted, and attempted to murder him, Right?

2. I don't believe that Sheriff Stilinski's insurance doesn't cover medical treatment for wounds sustained in the line of duty. There is NO WAY they don't cover all of that for a police officer.

3. Still my only complaint this season is the shoehorning of the money problems. The ones they've presented don't make sense. Melissa McCall is head nurse and Raphael McCall is an FBI agent. The McCalls live in a house that is completely paid off (they stated that very specifically in interviews). So I'm supposed to believe two parents working full-time in solid professions, and a son who has a part time job can't keep the lights on, all of a sudden? It's not for lack of injuries in the hospital!

4. Stiles, I love you, but don't you yell at your father for parenting while he's shot! I love you, but I love him more and as smart as you are and as much shit as you've seen, YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING! YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB! YOU PAY FOR NOTHING YOURSELF! Finances are none of your business. At least Scott contributes to his household, and yes Stiles is invaluable to the pack, how does it not occur to him to get a job, when he's seeing PAST DUE bills for his mental house stay? This should occur to him, writers!

5. Ok, MVP of the episode is Liam's friend. Way to listen and way to be proactive. Why is the music making these kids effed up? Dunno, who cares! Pull the plug!
More+
Flag
All of this is so true. Especially the fact that Sheriff's insurance covers his medical treatment when he's on the job. I think if the show tried to be a little subtle with mentioning money problems, it would go way farther. And there is no reason why Stiles shouldn't at least try to get a job, if he's really that concerned about money I have friends who are stinking rich and still work shifts after school!
Flag
I think you're being a little harsh (and a little inconsistent) with Stiles. Either the finances are none of his business or he should get a job to help out. Scott may have a job, but he's not necessarily contributing directly to the household finances, since many teenagers have jobs as ways to earn their own spending money. Remember when Scott was saving up for his dirt bike? Anyway, you're right in that Stiles is technically still a minor (probably 17) and a dependent, but I think it's important for middle- and high-school students to begin understanding how to financially run a household. Often the best way to do that is to let them in on the decision-making processes that go into dealing with adult obligations, because it won't be long before they're on their own. In other words, it's entirely Stilinski's decision whether or not to inform Stiles of their difficulties, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's the better call. Snooping, though, that's unacceptable.
Flag
I agree that kids should start to learn about finances, but that scene was clearly about Stiles overstepping his bounds a little bit. You're not allowed to scold your parent (or anyone) about keeping the bills to themselves, when you've shown zero initiative to do something about it. Stiles has known about this since the beginning of the season and done nothing. Despite what he has gone through, this is not a 50/50 relationship. Stiles is not the parent. It's also completely unbelievable that insurance for a police officer wouldn't cover on-duty injury. I have cops in my family, this is a given, in their line of work. I reiterate, Stiles was at Eichen house for two days, they lost him, and the Stilinskis are now crippled with the bills? And Melissa had no problem paying the utilities as a single parent in seasons 1-3, her hours have not been cut (probably increased, frankly), the house is paid off, and there's not even an Eichen house stay to explain any additional financial burdens. Scott presumably got a job so he could have gas money and help out occasionally, and now there's a second parent to at least help sometimes. Rafe comes across as someone who would help them out. So, it's not that they CAN'T have financial difficulty. It's just done poorly. Show Melissa's hours getting cut or the hospital freezing raises. And show Stiles getting a job!
More +
Flag
At the beginning of the season, Melissa and the new Doctor (Liam's stepdad) mentioned hospital budget cuts due to the hospital's insurance not covering all of the damage by the Oni. So Melissa's hours have probably been cut, as well as any shift differential.
Flag
I'm ENTIRELY on board that (1) Stiles overstepped his bounds by snooping around his dad's stuff rather than having a conversation about it, (2) there's NO WAY that Stilinski's not completely covered for any medical expenses related to an on-the-job injury, (3) the Eichen House expenses, while notable, are probably not crippling, and (4) while I am generally fine with the theme of financial stresses this season, I do believe their immediate causes could be slightly better explained. But I appreciate that Sheriff Stilinski and the other parents recognize the responsibilities their teenage children have chosen and/or been forced to take on, including protecting him professionally from the hazards of their impossible-to-police supernatural lives. Stiles shoulders several responsibilities—sometimes by simply keeping his dad out of it—to prevent the sheriff from losing his job. They're not 50/50, but they are a team.

As for some of the other financial details. I think it's more Stiles' medical bills from, for example, the MRI that really set them back. Melissa and Scott have, since Season 1 when it was commented on with greater frequency, always been living close to the red line. While it's not clear the specific circumstances that pushed them over, it doesn't take much to send tight finances like that spiraling out. (And do we know that they own the house outright? No mortgage?) After all, remember Melissa's barely running car or Scott's ripped second-hand dance suit?
More +
Flag
They stated it's her parents house and they own it out right. I just think the way the money problems have been presented has been clumsy. I'm used to better writing.
Flag
Rafe is probably only paying for child support for Scott, and alimony for Melissa since they are divorced. And we don't know what bills he may have to pay on his end, but it will at least include a place to live on his own, and maybe even for a girlfriend, fiancé, 2nd wife, whatever. Melissa also housed Isaac for a while, and that would not have been covered in Rafe's child support. We also don't know what other debts she may have had from other obligations, including the divorce settlement, house bills, insurance, property tax, etc.

In other words, the McCall's have been shown as being financially strapped since season 1, all of the extra house damage last season, and helping out with Isaac, may have finally put them over the edge.
Flag
No they were never wealthy and money was clearly tight. But they were still taking care of themselves. At least the house damage (although I don't remember any walls being busted through or anything like that) and housing Isaac are a little more plausible. They should at least show that in some way.
Flag
Stiles should definitely get a job. Though I'm not sure what he should do. Maybe they could introduce another set. A diner? Or they had that mall in S1, he could get a job there somewhere.
Flag
What's with all the hate on Let It Go? :(
Flag
Price is pissed it won an oscar when a better song should've. And you know, he is right.
Flag
Oh, I think i know what Parrish is, he is a wait for it....a Valkyrie!!! Ta daaa :)
Flag
Okay, so maybe that is a dumb idea, since Valkyries are usually female, but wolf-raven creatures are said to be that though right?
Flag
AND WHERE IS KIRA???!!!

Flag
Kira was away helping her mother healing. She'll be back next episode.
Flag
1. I think that Parrish is a raven (The nogitsune in the last season mention a fox, a coyote and a raven, we have Kira and Malia and I think that Parrish is the raven)
2. No, I dont think that Meredith is the benefactor, maybe she's being told by the 'voices' or whatever, it seems a bit too early to reveal who it really is.
3. SOOOOOOO SAAAADDDD! #feels
4. Yes I have.
Flag
I think ravens are more associated with trixters, like kitsunes, and transformation. Parrish surviving being burnt makes me think more of the phoenix, which is usually considered to rise from ashes... not sure, can't wait to find out what he is!
Flag
oh whoops, i didn't read Price wrote that too.... opps.
Flag
"Hey, hold on. What's a bestiary? Actually that's not even my first question. Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia? Are you all psychic?"

I love that Lydia is Parrish's contact point for the whole supernatural circle in Beacon Hills. Sure, a lot of it seems to be the romantic potential the show writers are working up for them, but I love that as the lady who keeps stumbling on dead bodies, she's the one who would have the most interaction with the rest of the Sheriff's department.
Flag
at this point, the sheriff's apartment should hire stiles/lydia as consultants, because they're pretty much doing the police force's job at this point anyway. then they could get some extra money and help their financial situations and everyone wins!
Flag
Except the only problem—true with or without Stiles and Lydia—is that it's got to be impossible to prosecute half of the crime that happens in Beacon Hills. I'd almost like to see a kind of "special episode," maybe toward the beginning of a season, in which we see some poor D.A. trying to make a case for some of the Sheriff's department's arrests.
Flag
I think at this point I'm waiting for The Pinkertons to turn up next.
Flag
this was one of the best episodes of the season, and usually on Teen Wolf the last 4 episodes are always full of action and plot-twists and I just can't wait to see the next episode. I want to know what Parrish is asap.
Flag
I love Dubstep, annd ir's naeverr doone me ani daamagee... nurse, thee pains in mi headd arre gettting stroneeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr [offline]
Flag
A question that has been bugging me.

I like Braeden. I like her relationship with Derek. They can kick ass and take names on screen for as long as they want. She's down to earth and she won't let him mope, which let's face it, he really needs.

However, are we ever going to be given any backstory that might, possibly, explain why in 4x01 she's busy saying that if someone paid her enough she'd kill Scott, to her actually being on their side. Was it just Derek's abs? I'm hoping there's more to it than that, or her conversation with Scott in the first episode of this season was pointless and had no impact on the rest of the season. I'd at least like to see her struggle between the two, or have some sort of conflict between the mercenary side of her and the side that's rolling around in Derek's loft.

For instance, if she's as mercenary as she tried to get Scott to believe then it would make sense that, even if she doesn't want to hurt the main pack, she might have killed some of the others.

I sort of thought she was behind killing Satomi's pack, but no one else even seemed to consider it a possibility. Self-confessed assassin found at the scene of the crime... really? No one was suspicious?

How long have she and Derek been sleeping together anyway?

Basically, I want more Braeden.
More+
Flag
braeden's actions in the series have only ever been to help the pack, so i'm inclined to believe that braeden's whole "girl's gotta eat"/"if the money was good, i'd kill you" thing is just an act to get by in that business. she risked her life to save isaac, and then risked it again to warn scott about the alpha pack. she busted derek out of the calavera's, and even helped scott rescue derek again from the aztec temple, even though her orders were just to find kate and bring her back to araya. she didn't have to teach derek how to fight/use weapons, either, but she did. she's had multiple opportunities to kill derek, scott, and even kira, malia and liam, all of whom are/were a lot of money on the deadpool. those actions speak louder than her words, imo.
Flag
As far as we know Ms Morrell paid her to get Isaac and warn Scott. She told Derek and Peter than Deucalion paid her to rescue them and the Calaveras paid her to take Scott to the temple and find Kate for them. Given that Kate obviously had plans with Derek it would make sense for her to spoil them. So every action she's performed prior to this series had a clear action -& money motivation.

It's only since the deadpool existed that she's stopped only doing what she's paid to do. I'm not denying that she appears to be on their side and doing things for reasons other than money, it just doesn't seem like they've given any character basis for that. Her actions might be speaking for her, but we haven't had any explanation for those actions and given our previous understanding of her, it's quite a big jump from mercenary to altruist.

Even a throwaway line from someone about how she has a sense of honour, or that she's actually a nice person under the persona would be good. What we've got is her assertion that she would kill Scott for enough money and then... nothing but her helping out. I feel like there's a missing link in the chain of her motivation and it's niggling at me.
More +
Flag
I think it just basically boils down to her not being some raving mercenary bitch. Obviously, her ongoing encounters with these people have led to familiarity and friendship and sexing with Derek.

We've never seen her accept money in trade for evildoing.

Also, killing people in this show is not proof of evilness, eg. the Argent family. There was a time Papa Argent would kill Derek and Scott for free.

Plus I don't remember how, but isn't she an associate or relative or something to Deaton the Vet? Or the Vet's sister/cousin? That's basically a character stamp of approval right there.
Flag
@WildPict

I'm not expecting anything, to be honest. It was more a comment on what I'd like to see and a point that has confused me. Maybe I'm just naturally a suspicious person. But when they found Braeden with the dead werewolves my first reaction was 'she killed them'. I was surprised that no one onscreen considered it.

Also, her line to Scott at the beginning of the series seemed like it was going to be revisited later, but they haven't done it. We had the Calaveras promising to come after Scott if he bit an innocent and that happened, but the other things are just forgotten.

I'm also wondering whether they're going to reveal who it was out in the desert when Kira and Malia went out after the Jeep broke down. I'm thinking now that it might be Malia's mother, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're just supposed to 'assume' that it was the Berserkers or Kate.

The writers are walking a fine line between trying to show not tell and being too mysterious that nothing's actually certain. We were all assuming that someone had already told Derek that he was predicted to die in between episodes (because that made sense), but now they showed us this week that he hadn't been told yet. And Scott obviously found out about his eyes, but we didn't see that.

I think this is just something I need to work through with regards to the show. Some things they show, some they expect us to assume, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which is which.
More +
Flag
@MarianO

This show has rarely come out and had side characters say their "alignment" with the main characters, so I think you're looking for something you'll very likely never find. What you'll probably have to go with are Braeden's actions, not necessarily her words.

Think about Peter: After the 1st season, he's been all charm and sweetness to the main characters, but no one has forgotten his actions from the 1st season, and no one is under any illusions that he's a good guy.
Flag
But she hasn't really had much interaction with any of them that we've seen on screen. This season she's had some with Derek and a little bit with Scott, but not enough for it to be classified as friendship (with Scott and the rest of the pack at least, Derek's another matter) and previously her interactions were very much: show up in middle of action. Kick ass. Leave. No time for socialising.

The only genuine on screen indication we've been given of her attitude to money is her saying she'd kill Scott, her telling people that she saved them because she was paid to do so, and her negotiating with Derek and Peter for a better price.

I'm not saying that she's evil, I just think that, given her means of employment, the current plot the show has, and her actions prior to the last couple of weeks, it seems strange that she hasn't come up more and had more development. Or at least some explanation for why she's suddenly a friend of the main characters.

And Ms Morrell worked for Deucalion, I hardly think her hiring Braeden to help Isaac is a sign that we should trust her. The Calaveras hired her as well... and so did Deucalion, so if we're judging her by who she works for, then we've got more bad (or morally questionable) than good. We don't know any specifics about her connection to any characters on the show. All we've got is speculation.
More +
Flag
I'd like to know more about Braeden too or I'll never trust her as a character. Right now I keep expecting her to turn evil at any second. Since she can be paid to kill anyone, she could quickly turn the tables on Derek or Scott or anyone. And since she's accustomed to killing people, does she even have a conscience? She could end up being just as psychotic as Peter. I'm not saying that she is, just that we know so little about her and there are so many possiilities.
Flag
I'm going more on past associations and actions than anything else. The fact that Morelle hired her, and her actions with Isaac and trying to connect with Scott in 3a shows that she's not a typical mercenary. Morelle kept talking about balance, she's not likely to hire an unbalanced person to save Isaac from her then very unbalanced former associate (Deucalion).

The fact that Braeden was even willing to work for Deucalion to save Derek (and Peter as a grudging bonus) shows far more heart than even I would've had, given the circumstances surrounding those scars. And while she was willing to work for the Calaveras, she was still saving Derek in the process.

Every time we've seen Braeden take a "job", it's to help someone, not hurt them. This leads me to believe that she's mainly a sympathetic type, who, as she frequently says, has to earn enough money to eat.
Flag
All true, although the Deucalion thing could also be taken as her being willing to work for anyone as long as they pay her enough.

The main issue I'm having is with all of this, everyone who has spoken so far is speculating. There's nothing solid about her, nothing that we know motivating her either way. I'd just like some clearer information about her, otherwise it just seems like a bit of a mystery why she isn't at least being asked about the deadpool. I mean if we've learnt anything about Derek in the past three seasons it's that his taste in women is suspect. Now he's sleeping with someone who has already told Scott to his face that she would kill him for money, but no one has raised that as an issue. No one has even suspected her for a minute.

By this time in the series, she's had plenty of chances to kill all of them and not taken them, so we can place some trust in her based on that. But earlier in the series when they knew there was a deadpool and a host of assassins, no one thought 'oh, you know that person who literally told Scott she'd kill him for money, maybe we should keep an eye on her now someone is willing to pay someone a lot of money to kill him'.
More +
Flag
Satomi said that the pack was killed by a virus, and Braeden's is known for weapons and violence, not killer viruses.

I think Braeden's a bit more sympathetic to werewolves, and her telling Scott she'd kill him was more bragging and "tough talk" than her actual inclination. But Derek had already hired her to help him, and she happened to start getting attached to her "investment".
Flag
But he had no actual access to cash at that time, as far as we know. Definitely not as much as he was worth in the deadpool. Maybe she's an honourable mercenary who stays bought - but at the same time he was buying her services over the Calaveras, so that doesn't really work.

Also, if she's any good at her job she'll know about more than just weaponry.

If she is more sympathetic to werewolves I'd like to know why. At the moment it seems at odds with what we've learned about her before. It would be nice to have a fill in the blanks episode for her.
Flag
She is a mercenary, but she somehow seems to always be "on the same side" as Scott and/or Derek and their pack: rescuing Isaac from the alphas, saving Derek and Peter from the Calaveras, helping track down Kate. It may very well just be fortunate coincidence, but it might also be that despite her talk, Braeden is more discriminating in her choice of jobs than she lets on.
Flag
I'd like to see that, though. I know I'm asking for the moon. But I'd just like to have a bit more character development there. She obviously has a life outside Beacon Hills. She knows the Calaveras, she knows Ms Morrell (wherever she's got to). Given that this season's all about assassins and mercenaries, they could have used that to give her more development.
Flag
Bianca Lawson is on the Witches of eastend. I imagine that's where she got to :)l
Flag
It must be difficult to write a show where you only have some characters available to you at any one time. No wonder the continuity seems wonky sometimes.
Flag
I think Parrish is an angel
Flag
I'm sure if they mix their drinks with wolfsbane and it would inhibit the healing process enough for them to get buzzed, they just need to find the right dosage, then they can open a supernatural club.
Flag
i was thinking about that, too, because the only time we've ever seen scott "drunk" was when lydia spiked all their drinks with wolfsbane. it didn't last very long because scott only really had a glass of it, but i'm wondering if at a low enough dosage, they could drink large quantities without getting hurt too badly.
Flag
It's funny you wrote that because that's what I thought was going on at first with Liam and Malia. I thought the assassins had spiked their drinks with wolfsbane.
Flag
Yeah, my first thought was spiked drinks. Second thought was something in the smoke from the fire.
Flag
New Theory:

Derek's not on the list anymore, and Liam's worth more (I'm guessing because he beat a berzerker), so basically the deadpool has been modified.

Does that mean that banshees don't have a 100% succes rate on predicting deaths???
They obviously can't see every possible outcome, Meredith didn't foresee that Derek's powers will disappear, so she had to change the list.

Maybe there's someone who she can't see. A blindspot, who's every action and the consequences of these actions, are undetectable to banshees.

PETER!!!
He already died once, so maybe he's not on the banshee-radar. That's why he's not on the list.
If Peter stole Derek's powers, that makes Derek new humanness Peter's action, and that's why Meredith didn't see it coming!

Does that make any sense?
Flag
It's for interesting theories like this, I read the comments.
Flag
Firstly, despite Derek's dramatic line in this ep, banshees don't only predict death, because Lydia put Stiles on the list of Eichen House suicides, yet he was saved.

As to the deadpool, I'm with harpier that the list of supernatural beings is a separate sort of sensing power, not necessarily the death sensing power. Meredith is keeping it current. When they first got the list, Derek was a werewolf; now he's not. If an assassin had managed to kill him a week ago, they would have killed a werewolf. Now they shouldn't kill him, because he's human. The list is simply a guide for the assassins, and it needs to be current so they know who's on the table for killing.

I think what this is showing is that Teen Wolf is a "free will" universe, not a "fated" universe. A banshee could sense that you're going to die, based on what is currently happening, but things can change and you could live.
Flag
Actually, I really like the idea that Peter's conspicuous exclusion from the list could be an unanticipated consequence of his death and mostly unnatural resurrection.

However, Meredith's powers—assuming, as previously claimed, she is a banshee and she's working on her own as the Benefactor—are still unclear. She may be able to commune with the dead and other banshees, but that doesn't explain how she would know the identity of all the supernatural people in Beacon Hills, or how she would know the supernaturals, like Isaac, whom she knew personally had moved away from Beacon Hills.
Flag
Liam is the most adorable puppy there is! &3 &3 &3

As I've been watching the intro of the show and I saw Malia in it, and I realized something. . . Malia's a good guy, she's a hero. This Peter mania is just a phase. It's normal to act a little discursive after finding out you were adopted, and your dad's a big bad. But I'm sure she'll come around.
Flag
I think Malia realizes all of this. Despite her current teaming up with him, I don't think she trusts him. She's got good instincts about this kind of stuff. I think she's more upset by feeling betrayed by the people she did trust than she is pulled in by Peter.
Flag
loved the TVD (the vampire diaries) references

Flag
I skimmed through the episode; where wre they?
Flag
The references were in the recap ;)
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members