A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

There are few things I love in life more than I love MTV's Teen Wolf, which is why I'm over the moon (heh) to inform you the network has released the first teaser for Season 4, which premieres Monday, June 23! 

The 40-second promo sees Scott (Tyler Posey), Stiles (Dylan O'Brien), Derek (Tyler Hoechlin) and Lydia (Holland Roden) emerging from a pile of ashes (which is slightly better than rising from a pile of vomited-up bandages) just as a crossbow is falling into them. Our junior high English textbook tells us that the crossbow—Allison's weapon of choice—is obviously a stand-in for her character, who died in Scott's arms in the penultimate episode of Season 3B. The ashes are presumably not the ashes of their departed friends (ew!), or even those of their defeated enemies, but those of their former lives. 

The tagline for Season 4 is "Cant go back," which I think means we'll be seeing our favorite Beacon Hills residents struggling to start over after the chaos created by the nogitsune last season. But at least one familiar face won't be present when the show returns: Daniel Sharman's Isaac Lahey. The scarf aficionado was last seen leaving for Europe with Chris Argent in the finale, but he must've met up with Jackson in London or something, as he's not coming back (if you need a cheekbones fix, Sharman has been cast as a witch in Season 2 of The Originals). 

Anyway, check out the trailer and then hit the comments with your own speculation and dreams for what you hope to see in Season 4!

And let's be real: Lydia would never allow herself to be covered in something as dirty as ashes, even in the name of a pretty cool metaphor. 

Are you excited for Season 4 of Teen Wolf?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

90 Comments
Comments (90)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Heyyyyy, look at that you’re totally right!! Nice find!!

This is super cool cause it means that Berserkers have been a part of the larger Teen Wolf Mythos for a long while now!! Man I can’t wait to see how they interpret them on the show next season!!
Flag
I FUCKING love Teen Wolf...... So excited.... But Allison is dead.... No more true love romance.... In 4... Guess soo...... Bring her back to life plzzz.... :'cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
Flag

I love Teen Wolf. So happy season 4 will be starting so soon. The promo looks awesome. Reminds me of The Fades. Awesome show as well but only got one season. Teen Wolf was one of those shows I rolled my eyes at when it first came out. Then slowly but surely it emerged as one of my favorite television shows to watch. I hope it continues to thrive and get another season after this. 12 or 24 episodes really doesn't matter as long as they keep making the show. So much love.

Flag
i love this show... but I hate how scott seems weaker as an alpha.. I mean idt he has won a fight since becoming alpha
Flag
Intriguing.
Flag
This has to be the best season. We will have to wait almost a year for season 5. I am sure Kate is not the main villain so what could they possibly face this time? I hope to see Scott and Derek fighting alongside each other. I am interested to see what Peter is up to. I wish to know Malia's origin and see her in a romantic relation with Stiles. I am waiting for an explanation to how Peter could have transformed Kate with her throat slashed and how could she awake a banshee. Also I would like to see more about the Hale family, Talia Hale, Derek's father, his deceased sister Laura in his youth and ancestors. I hope to see Scott bite someone and see new werewolves, especially a new teen.
Flag
Kate's not a banshee, she's some type of 'were' creature
Flag
She's a Werejaguar, She tweeted it after season 3b's finale.
Flag
Hi all

Now before we get flamed we want to say that we do watch this and it can be interesting but we were a litlle confused with the last series, after all to us the show did not seem to know what it wanted to do.

The first main bad guy was the alpha pack then a teacher with a creepy monster face and finally some kind of trickster spirit that took over Stiles. Now we are all for plot twist's and new antagonists being introduced but it seemed to us that the show was trying to do too much.

Both of the previous seasons had one main baddie in season 1 it was Peter
and in season 2 it was the kanema/stalker kid/ Gerard but at least both the stalker kid and Gerard were at one time or another master of the Kanema.

We just think that they should just keep it simple and only introduce another big bad if they absolutly need to, or drop subtle clue's and let us "the audience" figure it out for ourselves.

Food for thought is all we are saying

M
Flag
I get were your coming from, there were a lot of themes arising from the past season, but don't forget that the first 2 seasons were only 12 episodes long, and the past season was 24. If they only had one antagonist then the show would start to get a little boring after a while, hence why then split it up into two sections- section 1 being the alpha pack and Jennifer. I agree the first half of the season had a lot packed in with two different antagonists
Flag
While I can appreciate where you're coming from, you also have to keep in mind that the first two seasons were each only 12 episodes long, while the 3rd season had twice that.. So it in reality they're moving along at about the same pace they always have been. I personally enjoy the break-neck pacing of this show, it keeps me on my toes..
Flag
HAHAHA just wrote my comment then realised you just wrote the exact same thing xD At least someone is thinking the same thing :)
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I'm so excited! Waiting for this show to return has been hell.
The trailer looks awesome and I can't wait to see what happends next to my favourite hot teen werewolves (and bashees, kitsunes, etc...)!
Flag
So excited! Love Scott, Lydia, Stiles and Derek! Glad they are the main groupies this time around! Excited to see what Malia and Kira officially bring to Scott's pack!
Flag
I hope to see Scott reach his full potential as an alpha, far more stronger than he was on S3B. Lydia is gaining control of her skills and I hope she is the new owner of Allison's crossbow. I would wish for Deaton or Morell to teach Stiles more about the druids. As for Derek, I don't know but I would like to see him as an alpha again. I want to know the origins of Malia and I hope to see her as a regular and not leave at the end of Season 4. As for Kira, it's enough Japanese mythology, no more kitsunes or spirits and no more skills. What I love about Teen Wolf is that it always had a balance between the natural and supernatural line.
Flag

Posted by sinyhale.tumblr. Possible spoilers

Not!Meta Promo S4

It’s not a meta, it’s more like a wishful thinking.
These thoughts all started with this picture
that has nothing to do with this picture (clearly)
I’m gonna call them the trio when referring to Scott, Stiles and Lydia, just to shorten it up a bit. (yo, fandom, we need a name for these three).
Exciting parallels from Season 3A:
Everything happens in reverse; Scott, Allison and Stiles dive into the darkness and now both Scott and Stiles are emerging from the ashes.
The only “thing" falling to the ashes is…
So many feels, right? ;_;
I don’t think either of the main characters will just put behind their backs everything that happened and move forward, or at least I hope not. And seeing Allison’s bow featured in this promo gives me that kind of hope, but also how she will always remain a part of their lives. Keep in mind that the use of ashes means mourning.
We see this new trio soooo different from all the other seasons. They look stronger, sharper and willing. They won’t let their friend die in vain and they will follow her code and they won’t let anyone else die. Which is why I’m babbling my Allison feels here, because protecting others was her mission and it’s now their mission. The trio expressions through the whole promo (yes I’m excluding Derek here, wait for it) have this constant tone “I’m not going to turn my back, I’m going to do this”. It’s a choice, their choice to embrace this life they’ve stumbled upon. Scott was bitten against his will, Stiles was possessed against his will, Lydia was bitten against her will. They were tortured, they lost, they screamed, they tried so hard to escape everything; all three of them were sucked into the supernatural without their consent and now that they lost so many people, especially one of their own, they’re not going to fight it anymore. I think Allison’s courage and code was the spark that ignited this.
And now back to the reason why I started writing this and why I haven’t mentioned Derek yet.
Lydia is literally turning her back against her old self, she’s embracing her powers, because “I saved a life the other day and it felt good" but she couldn’t save Allison, she tried, but she couldn’t. She’s going to move forward, not to forget Allison but to become stronger, to have control of her powers.
Now, we never saw Stiles running away from anything. The opening credits always showed him walking out of the light, his comfort zone, to a path of darkness. But there’s definitely a different vibe here in this shot… He’s too… calm.
Remember when I was talking about the trio having these expressions of willingness through the whole promo? Well, then we have Derek.
We finished S3B with Derek “dreaming” of Stiles. Jeff said the short story An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge was his inspiration for this scene. Not going to get into many details about it, but the protagonist is in denial through the whole story. He’s close to dying and nothing that happens from that moment on is real. Derek is shot by Kate and close to dying, this whole experience is clearly very traumatic for him; reason why he “escapes” to somewhere else. In that “dream” scene, Stiles looks so calm, it’s actually very unsettling for his character, imo. Meanwhile, Derek is freaking out. I don’t remember a scene where we’ve seen Derek like that, freaking out and opening himself to someone else.
After the confirmation that Kate is alive, we know now that Derek is injured, and, according to spoilers, he’s been captured.
This is just wishful thinking, but seeing the jump from such a calm Stiles (who was possessed, let’s keep that in mind) to Derek shaking his head and eyes closed, only makes me go back to that final scene. There’s a two months jump from that scene to when S4 will start, that’s A FREAKING LONG TIME for Derek to be somewhere being tortured and god knows what else.
Closed eyes? Darkness, dreams, stuff like that. Shaking head? Denial, questioning what’s real and what’s not.
NOW THE PACK FEELS and mostly why I started writing this.
The jump from Derek to this scene gives me so many brothers feels that I need a moment here :)))
We know the trio will be saving Derek, they will travel to Mexico and try to rescue him. From a scene with Derek in complete distress… to a Scott ready to sprint, ready to save him.
And this is what made me so excited about the promo:
They’re…
running…
…towards Derek! They’re running to save Derek.
And Derek is running towards them!
:)))
This money shot that some people have been questioning, is probably connected to the new villain called The Benefactor, which is someone that helps others, mostly always financially, like an investment. We saw the money shots on the video that teased some BTS images from Season 4. Will the trio approach this Benefactor to save Derek?
What will they promise to this Benefactor in order to get his help?
(image source)
Anyway, this mission to rescue Derek seems to be a big thing for the plot this season, not just at the beginning, because I assume this Benefactor doesn’t have the best intentions and whatever plan they have it will backfire for sure, at some point. I haven’t found any reference to Kate in this promo, which is kind of odd? and it might be good or it might be terrible. Terrible because she might not be the main focus this season, which could mean her new arc is not going to just be this season ahah…
But, do not worry, they get together and safe in the end (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
It would be awesome if someone with knowledge could meta this promo cinematographically, because all the different angles seem to carry a lot of meaning!

Just a little plus that has little to do with the thoughts in the rest of this text. Scott seems to be going to struggle quite a lot during this season, because while Stiles and Lydia move forward and Derek escapes; Scott is always like back and forth. The cuts from him to Allison’s bow are clearly very much intentional. He’s going to struggle with her death, but I think he’s also going to struggle with his power. Also, notice how in the middle of the promo, he’s the only character that falls into the ashes again.
More thoughts. We always see the characters dressed with different colors during promos, but this promo shows Derek and Stiles with the exact same colors. I don’t necessarily think this means anything Stereky, (unless they explore Derek’s dream while he’s being captive; also, since this is no longer Stiles’ arc, I don’t see a reason to why?? we see so many close ups of Stiles running unless he’s the one leading the pack to Derek). We have Lydia with black and white, symbolizing death and life, leading us to her banshee powers (notice the contrast between this Lydia and the Lydia from the promos of S3B). Then you have Stiles and Derek in blue (both killers because blue, get it?, ahah so sorry), more specifically dark blue which can symbolize union, truth and stability (imo, they will be the ones anchoring Scott through the season - my team lionheart feels are bursting!! - but it can also mean something else, it seems 408 is a big Sterek episode?? whatever that means). And, finally, we have Scott in red, which we all know what it means by now (courage, danger, leadership, love, power, strength, longing - sorry again.
More+
Flag
Can't wait to see more of Teen Wolf. The sad thing is the one I am least interested on seeing is Scott. I LOVE Styles, Lydia and Derek, but couldn't care less about Scott!
Flag
I'm excited to see how Lydia does this season, she has snuck up on me and become one of my favourite characters. Gutted there will be no Isaac
Flag
i'm from the Netherlands and i LOVE teen wolf! it would be great if i could just watch it live like everyone else. season 4 is only going to be 12 episodes but i heard season 5 may be 24 again? i just hope that teen wolf will not become boring this season ( i don't think it will!). i used to watch the vampire diaries but that show became CRAP after the third season! but anyways, Super excited! and i shouldn't watch these teasers because they make me crazy &3
Flag
I tooooootally agree with all of that!
Flag
Teen Wolf, thank goodness!
Oh, how I've missed you! :)

I'm curious to see how the show will deal with Allison's death...heaven only knows it tore me up pretty bad. I was completely shocked - I'm excited to see her friends' reactions to her death played out over the course of the whole season. And if the very end of S3 is any indication, I think my lighter, more sarcastic Stiles is back! Of course, all the characters are profoundly screwed up in multiple ways, and I don't expect any kind of "magical cure", but I do much prefer the witty Stiles to Evil Stiles. Season 3 got really dark there, mid-way through; and while I loved it, I'm ready for the Teen Wolf I've come to know, with the characters I've come to love.
Flag
I Can't waittt.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hwoooooooooooooo.....
Flag
Loved the trailer
can't wait for the new series
BTW anyone know what the music was in the clip?
Flag
It kind of reminded me of a jeans commercial... but like a good one, you know?
Flag
I love this show, but I am not a fan of the two new girls - Kira and Malia. I dislike them.
Flag
not a big fan of kira either, but i think that's more because she isn't allison
Flag
It's a very beautiful teaser. Dark, simple...
And it's in a month that's very good news. I forgot that it is a summer show :). And the fact that last season was longer than usual made the waiting shorter. Unfortunately it seems that this season will be a short one :/.
Anyway I'm looking forward to it.
Flag
Well they do need a break from work sometime :)

But truth is, nobody is talking about season 3, it's always 3a and 3b. So I think we might as well just have a short s4 and then move on to 5.
Flag
I liked the image of the three running across. It reminded me of

Flag
It didn't struck my mind but know you tell it yes indeed.
Flag
I am stoked for season 4!! Does anyone know if it's going to be an extended season like last year or if it's going to be a short season, like the first two???
Flag
Unfortunately it's going to be a short one with 12 episodes.
Flag
That sucks! I really enjoyed double Teen Wolf last season. Oh well, take what I can get, I guess.

Thanks for the info
Flag
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Flag
My thoughts exactly!
Flag
All I have to say is Awwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!
Flag
My sister is catching up before season 4, I watched a season 2 episode with her the other day, all I could keep saying was, WOAH They've come so far.
This teaser just makes the wait even more difficult.

It's gotta be said though, it's a little depressing how small Scott's pack has gotten.
Flag
How is Scott's pack gotten smaller?

While I absolutely love this show, one of my constant rants is that every time a character leaves, we get another character that's practically the same 5 minutes later.

Erika left, they brought Cora.
Cora left, they brought Malia.

Jackson leaves they bring the twins

Allison leaves they bring Kira

So... Not much of changed in terms of size. Now Isaac left but we already know there's another kid joining up (have no idea about him as I try to avoid spoilers, but my guess is they'll be remarkably similar)

And the twins are gone, but I'm guessing that it's unlikely both Danny and Lydia are going to stay single (surely not both at the same time) and I'm guessing it's quite likely one of them will date a major hunk with light hair and a douchbag attitude.
Flag
Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. I'm just saying in the teaser it's showcasing Scott Stiles Lydia (Derek?) as the pack. The Cast is definitely not lacking, but you cannot deny that after season 3 finale Scott's Pack is definitely smaller. For Now.
Scott
Stiles
Lydia
Alison
Derek
Isaac
Boyd
The Twins
Kira
Flag
Except that Allison was replaced by Kira, so one added one subtracted.

Boyd I agreed with.

And as for the others, I agree with the "for now" - I'm just guessing 1-2 episodes top into the season they'll be replaced.
Flag
Definitely. We'll probably be able to easily slap Malia onto that list at some point this coming season too.
Flag
He worked so hard to build his pack and because the actors wanted to leave we are back to square one.
He will grow his pack again of course but until now he did it so organically, he developed trust, friendship and mutual respect over time, and now it will be done hastily i feel.
Hope that's not the case, but if the pack stays small we'll at least get the chance to spend more time with the remaining characters.
Flag
The sadness is more out of nostalgia than anything. All these actors and actresses on the show are talented and should get a chance to try other things, clearly the show runners recognize this. Because as much as they want to keep them the powers that be are the ones that, when asked, let the actors go.
As for the Scott's pack Kira was already well on her way to joining up, as well as the introduction of Malia this past season.
Lets not forget Scott started as the Omega, and Derek the Alpha. Now Scott's pack is the one that's still around and only really down one original member.
Flag
Woah it is here. Saying I loved the teaser would be an understatement. This is gonna be awesome.
Flag
i love teen wolf, it is the best show on MTV
Flag
I agree! I like Awkward. too, but TW is amazing.
Even though they are two different genres, really.
Flag
Well... that isn't really hard now, is it? :P
Flag
hope derek becomes an alpha again, he can still teach scott everything and be his mentor but scott is worse of an alpha than derek was. no reason there can t be two alphas especially for the hale line.
Flag
No way is Scott a worse alpha than Derek was. Have you forgotten already that Scott became an alpha because of his character and didn't have to kill anybody? But even Derek realizes what a bad alpha he was (his whole pack abandoned him), and now he can teach Scott everything he knows. They make a great and powerful team especially against Peter, because you know that he is going to try to become an alpha again.
Flag
They are both different kinds of alpha, they were both right and they were both wrong. Derek knew he had to build a pack to increase his power and make preparations, and made good choices to who to recruit, but he let defeat get the best of him and lost sight of his pack. Scott on the other hand I understand he never asked to be a werewolf, but he is, and a great alpha as well, he just needs to understand that not everyone thinks like him, show more interest for his kind well being and continuity and that not everyone who wants to be a werewolf is making a wrong choice.
Flag
and scott has no one in his pack. he only ever had one person who left. derek lost his pack cause the alpha pack
Flag
scott lost to a beta
Flag
I love how atmospheric the teaser is and how without actually showing anything it clearly portrays the tone for the next season.
The tagline for every teaser should beCan't.Wait.
Flag
Um, who would NOT be excited for the new season of Teen Wolf?
Flag
People without taste?
Flag
But only because "excited" does not even begin to cover it.
Flag
Pft. I'm not.
Flag
You're probably the only one who isn't excited.
Flag
See followup comment.
Flag
They look so awesome!!!! I want it to be June 23rd now!!!!!
Flag
Eeeeeeeeeeee I can't wait. I don't know why I watch these teasers it just gets me so excited and them crashes me back down to earth when I actually realise how long I have to wait until I see this show and it beautiful people again ( DEREK)
Flag
At least it's not a year until new episodes. THAT is a long unbearable wait!!
Flag
let's hope this show will add some interesting new character. What i love about this show is the element of cultural infusion. They have tackle the french connection thru the Argents, the Kaninma from South America, the nugitsune lore from Japan, and i would like the show explore the Aztec/Mexican culture they have infuse with the introduction of the cayote. And i need some Scandinavian lore as well. and Egyptian and African. What impress me most is the subtleties how this culture are infused con the storyline. Can't wait for June.
Flag
Am I the only one thinking volcano? Maybe i'm way off, but that teaser just made me think volcano.
Flag
I hope they have a season 4a and 4b like last year!!!
Flag
They wont this season is only 12 episodes.
Flag
Hey Jeff Davis! You know what I wouldn't mind for Christmas or New Year is a single 42 minutes special episode on MTV of Isaac Lahey point of view on his own in London perhaps, in which it includes Jackson Whitmore and Cora Hale who comes running away from a problem. Isaac and Cora barely know each other and they would probably not like Jackson who must be living a comfortable lifestyle. Just a special with a mysterious killer. The title would be like "THE LONDON BETAS". Even I don't like spin offs and I think something like this would be great, because is just a special to keep the audience interested without mentioning Beacon Hills or the main cast.
Flag
:'(
Flag
:( Day ruiner! Why must you ruin days with your ruination?!
Flag
I repent! I repent my ruining ways!!!!! Forgive me oh powerful Television Gods!!!!!!!!
Flag
But maybe Season 5 will start in January??? and not next summer?
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I've waited two months so long for this!!
I love it.
Flag
Good teaser. With the cast cut down a little bit(RIP Allison and farewell Isaac as you join Jackson in Europe) I hope we get to see more focus on Derek and his new role in Scott's pack. Derek has always been my favorite and I hope to see him in a more central role with Scott and not just being a B team member.
Flag
I think he going to be a key focus this season :) and my hope is he becomes Scott's Yoda.
Flag
Yessssss, just watched the teaser trailer right now. Awesome. They all look badass. Like Price said: TW is everything right now, just everything.

Love the simbolism of TW. The falling bow, Wow still not over Allison death. Love the tagline Can't go back. They emerged from a pile of ashes and move forward together in the same direction. Like a Pack with a common goal. Just brilliant.

PS. When does TW change from American Horror Story promo style to a Son of Anarchy promo style. Lol
Flag
Someone posted this great interpretation

"CAN’T GO BACK"

theonesarcasticchick:
So in the new teaser they are either …
1. Phoenixes rising from the ashes of their grief and mourning, becoming stronger and reborn from it - never what they once were, but running forward to meet this new future

2. Standing amidst the wreckage of their loss; hope and childhood ashes around them as the supernatural world burns everything it touches while they flee, trying to escape what they’ve become and the flames of their past as it consumes everything.
Either way, they can’t go back.

Dammit, Teen Wolf.
Yes!! And the part I found most curious was the money flying through the air…

Flag
*Gerard* MOUNTAIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH

looks good, can't wait. hopefully this means Lydia will have a real storyline and not just latching onto others for a few important details then really not having much to do with it again.
Flag
Okay they all look so cool in this trailer.
but did they really have to show Allison's crossbow ? that was a dick move.
Flag
i'm still not over allison's death. it was that big a moment i even instagrammed it so that's telling ya something.
Flag
What's with the falling money? I'm soooooo glad we don't have to wait a year for the next season!
Flag
Staff
MAKIN IT RAINNNN
Flag
I was okay and then the crossbow happened. :(

It's probably all the MOUNTAIN ASH but Lydia's whole aesthetic definitely looks and feels darker...which is understandable, since she just lost two people close to her.
Flag
Finally!!! a whole season covered in MOUNTAIN ASH!!!
Flag
Snicker...mountain ash didn't even occur to me and now I am going to be laughing to myself and being weird. You know one of the bigger distractors from the last couple episodes of the Tomorrow People was Michael Hogan playing the congressman Jed was going to all the time. I kept waiting.
Flag
I'm so happy. It feels hopeful doesn't?
Flag
I've been waiting all this time for a teaser...and this is the best they can do? No way LOL They're rising from the ashes and then running through them. I get what it's all supposed to mean but it's kind of corny to me. Still, gotta love Teen Wolf's symbolism ha ha ha I can NOT wait for season 4!!!!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members