A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Hello everyone, I am bored here at work and we are bit slow at the moment, so I was tooling about and saw a statement by Jeff Davis that Season 4 is going to have very Empire Strikes Back feel. Now, I know by "feel" he likely means something to the effect that when faced with outside expectations, the group really comes together to work together even if they are losing. But, I thought it might be fun to try and directly apply it. I am in no way shape or form an expert on Star Wars (I tend to be a more Star Trek fan and even there, I am Next Generation) but Empire Strikes Back, well, I remember more of the whole story of the movie aside from particular big scenes, so bear with me and bigger experts can decipher further...

So, clearly, Scott is Luke. And since his 'human' problems are supposed to be more at the forefront, I am guessing I would equate Luke's Jedi training with Yoda as Scott likely focusing on school and the SATs and what his plans for after graduation are (you know, second semester junior year issues), maybe Deaton decides it might finally be useful to teach Scott about a lot more of, well, the crap he knows. Then at home, well not at home precisely, but he has all that Rafe drama with his dad deciding to stick around. He will probably have Kira with him a lot (so, I guess, she is R2-D2? that weirdly makes sense)

Meanwhile, Stiles and Lydia will be (Han and Leia), I don't know, focusing on whatever the hell Kate is or her issues or the random kids and ultimately get themselves in trouble. I'm really not sure with whom exactly, but I am going to put Peter into the Lando role (oh and hell, Gerard as Vader but no father confusion) and he is the one to turn them in to cover his own ass. Malia and Derek (and Braeden so this task will be successful) manage to almost get there in time and manage to save Lydia.

Meanwhile, Scott and Kira have finally figured out that whatever Stiles and Lydia are doing will get them in trouble or just that they figure out they were depending on Peter for something and try and get there but find themselves in some trouble of their own (I am guessing the other hunters or Kate) and it seems hopeless but Scott focuses his energy and can reach Lydia who is with some of the useful members of the pack at this point and can either get to Scott and Kira or send Chris in to help them.

But, meanwhile, and this is where my whole thing falls apart, is Stiles in trouble again at the end of Season 4? Maybe, he gets kidnapped by the Beserkers, maybe he gets sort of sucked into hunter training (where if Isaac were to return, might be funny if the two of them have to work together), And after all that, I guess Peter and...well, okay, so Derek is Chewbacca apparently, decide to go after Stiles?

That was a complete waste of a half hour. I bet it was just put out there so they could get Tyler Posey to watch Star Wars.
Comments (7)
Submit

I love this whole equate teen wolf characters to star wars idea.

Scott would be Luke Skywalker, learning to become the werewolf- jedi-master.Stiles and Malia would be Han Solo and Chewbacca riding around in Stile’s Millennium Falcon Jeep.Lydia would be Leia, just because that’s what makes sense.Deaton would be Yoda cause he knows all, Derek would be Obi Wan because he was Scotts first mentor.Kira would be some combination of R2 and 3PO, always just kind of around, but important to the story.Gerard is the Emperor, the evil genius behind the scenes.Kate would be Darth Vader since she has the same powers as Scott and Derek but twisted to the dark jaguar side.The hunters would be Boba Fett.Peter gets Lando by default, although if you bump Danny up to a main character I can really see him as the smooth talking ladies guys man Lando Callrisssian.

The Wolf will be with you....Always.

Flag
I also chose Lydia for the Leia position (even though I know it is going to be Stiles and Malia this season) for the Scott connection more than the Stiles/Lydia connection. You know how Luke is going after his friends to help after Leia has managed to escape and they use their twin sense basically and Luke can communicate to Leia. I thought, hey, that might be part of the connection between Scott and Lydia, while not actual siblings they have mutually been joined by their entry into the Nogistune? Stiles? head. They made a point to have Derek point out her loyalty to Scott is why she'd stay around instead of hiding from the Nogistune (though I couldn't help but point out that she had already figured out the Nogistune). And, really, at this point with Stiles probably being rightfully kind of traumitized, Kira and Malia kind of dealing with their own shit, and Derek being, well, Derek, Lydia is Scott's most reliable friend.
Flag
Oh, I so want them to start calling the jeep something that we know means Millenium Falcon. I don't know if they would have to pay to use the actual name.
Flag
Much as I love Peter, I think within the context of Star Wars comparisons, he'd be a bit more like Jabba the Hut. Very knowledgeable, but very annoying to deal with and often a threat just lingering on the outside of your field of vision. Sure, he can be resourceful when it suits his needs, but more often, he just wants whatever can get him ahead.
Flag
I suppose that makes sense (I was sticking with Empire characters) I was just trying to think of someone one of our heroes likes well enough or trusts well enough (here it would be Lydia to Peter) who does something bad that betrays our heroes but that he instantly seeks redemption for (I recognize this could easily be Derek or Chris as well, but both of them sort of completed their journeys to the hero side of things last season, but I guess you could say that Derek was kind of in trouble at the end there and might need to get out and then who knows where Chris' head is at)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members