A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
I'm annoyed I'm having trouble posting the video of the season 5 cold open. I keep getting an error message using the embed code. Anyway, the first six minutes can be found here and I am so excited about what I've seen!

Holland Roden is absolutely great in this clip. She has just made me an even bigger fan of hers. When she's catatonic, her eyes look so intense and creepy. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. After she snaps out of it, she immediately proceeds to kick ass. It was so cool. While I'm excited to see her growing banshee powers, I do hope we can get an explanation on why she can suddenly fight. Did Scott teach her? (Not that he's the best, himself). Even if they want to explain it away by saying she's been taking self-defense classes, I'm all for it!

Now for the other piece of exciting information. Ethan is back! I'll be the first to tell anyone how much I despised Ethan and Aiden. But it was just so cool to have a familiar face! (And Ethan was much nicer than his brother). I do admit that I hope his arc is very small. Plus, please let him say something about Danny!

What are your thoughts on this clip from the show? How do you feel about Lydia suddenly being able to fight like a pro? And what are your thoughts on Ethan's return?

**After I posted this discussion, I read on another site that Lydia is actually seeing Aiden not Ethan (since she can see dead people). My only reaction is What the hell? Can that be true? It is possible but what do you all think?
Comments (39)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
i know its kind of off topic here but. i will say that there are rumours of being the last season. i hope its not. and if it does well for mtv i dont see any reason why it should be. if pretty little liars, a show with a premise that could be wrapped up in a season can go on to season 6 and 7 i see no reason why teen wolf cant go at least as far
Flag
I haven't heard those rumors yet but I agree. The show could go on for another couple of years. If they slow down the time on the show, it could go on even longer than that. Some people have been saying that they are going to set Liam up as the new star of the show. Sorry but I won't watch a show that doesn't focus on Scott/Stiles.
Flag
does anyone remember how lydia wrote stiles named down on the deadpool last year? . im now thinking maybe that wasnt a mistake, maybe it actually meant something perhaps for this season. maybe stiles is the one to die this season?
Flag
His name was on the list? I don't remember that. Now I feel like rewatching :P
Flag
yeah, it was in eichen house. him and lydia had just gotten in to see the files of those patients they thought commited suicide. stiles unfolded the piece of paper on it and stiles name had been written on the bottom of the list.
Flag
I'd completely forgotten that. In retrospect, could it have something to do with the fact that he was the Nogitsune? Does that make him supernatural, even though he's no longer the dark one?

This is a spoiler if you haven't seen the season 5 premiere yet:
:
:
:
Stiles was unconscious, possibly dead, in his Jeep. They'd better not kill off Stiles!!!
Flag
I'm going to be honest, I have never been a huge fan of Lydia, but this scene has completely changed my opinion. This sequence is awesome, creepy and Roden's acting is stellar!!!

It also reminds me of that cool scene in Terminator 2 where Sarah Connor is trying to escape from that psychiatric hospital.

BAH!! It's just so well done I'm completely hooked and cannot wait for Monday!!!
Flag
I feel like doing a happy dance! Just a couple more days for the show!! lol
Flag
Jeff Davis has officially confirmed that it's Aiden that we see in this opening scene. And something that has me sooo excited: We're going to find out more about Parrish during the first half of the season. I was worried they'd make us wait for the second half.
Flag
I think we can safely assume that is anyone taught Lydia how to fight it would be the hot deputy Parrish (former military man) and not Scott who gets his ass kicked by absolutely everyone. But my guess would also be that she can channel the powers of the ghosts, so she may have been getting help from Aiden's ghost.
That being said, I am happy if Aiden's ghost is helping but I would be more happy if Ethan was the one to come back in real life so we could get a Danny mention.
But regardless of all that, this Just amps up the excitement for this season. Can't wait.
Flag
_Fire_Ice I read on ET or one of those sites a little while ago, that we're going to see Lydia learning to fight this season. Apparently she's going to learn from various sources.
Flag
I'm bummed because I really think it's Aiden instead of Ethan lol Also, it seems more likely that she's in some kind of dream/nightmare state and isn't actually fighting in her real life. But it would be cool if she did learn to fight like that :D

Yes, this adds to the excitement. I'm counting down the days!
Flag
I will be so annoyed if it is that three eyed guys nightmare thing, it just wouldn't make sense. If they do that they better be able to explain why suddenly she isn't able to wake up from that.
Flag
It seems that it is Dr. Valack's voice in the promo, seemingly talking to Lydia. A couple of people pointed this out to me, and they also said he probably did to Lydia what he did to Deaton. It does seem likely but I honestly hope they're wrong. And I agree with you, if they do this they'd better have a very good explanation.

It's all a bit confusing for me because the season seems to open with Scott and Stiles talking about how calm everything has been in Beacon Hills. So if this scene with Lydia starts off the season, it's not really matching up with Scott's & Stiles' conversation.
Flag
im going to be pretty annoyed if thats the case
Flag
Okay, this is like the 3rd time I've posted a reply that's been eaten. What's up with this??!

I thought Aiden was the one who was killed and that Ethan left. And why would he stop Lydia from helping her friends? Lydia's Banshee powers are amazing!
Flag
Now I know it's not just me. I'm having troubles with my posts too. I thought it was my computer because its being whacky.

Aiden was the one who died. Since Lydia sees dead people, she's apparently seeing his ghost. But the entire scenario may be playing out in a dream-like state. Lydia is possibly under the influence of Dr. Valack. Remember what he did to Deaton? He sends people off into a nightmare/dream state.
Flag
I can't view the video file as it's not set for my location here in Australia is there any other link to view the video I really want to see it especially after reading this about lydia and Ethan.
Flag
I found it on youtube; https://youtu.be/AhTmxLE8cqY
Flag
Thankyou it worked. WOW go lydia
Flag
I was about to post the youtube link but I see someone already has. I'm glad you can see it at last!
Flag
MichelleHood24 I can't wait either! It seems that I grow more excited each day :P
Flag
I know thanks for the thought any way. It was amazing and I just can't wait to see WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON
Flag
I think we discussed this before, but this pretty much solidified my theory. I think Lydia is in her head or whatever world it is that Vanek sucks people into. Like, they were investigating the Slaugh or even got to the Doctors and she got caught and even though she thinks she's been there for ages, it hasn't been that long. And I imagine when you connect to the dead, you likely manifest the ones with the message you need at the time. Aiden serves as a warning. But, I wouldn't be surprised if Allison shows up to get Lydia to wake herself up. Because, seriously, if this is real, have they hired all the people who work at Eichen house from Rosewood? I mean, a serial killer, then these two? That doctor we met in the second to last episode while pessimistic seemed fairly reasonable, you'd think he would have something to say about the staff. Plus, none of the Pack nor anyone else would let her stay there. I mean, Scott didn't want Stiles there when Stiles was actually doing evil.
Flag
Kate I think you're right! Yes, we did discuss this before. Dr. Valack had sent Lydia into whatever nightmare realm he's able to push people to. That explains why she can fight like that. In our dreams -and nightmares- we sometimes do things that we're not actually capable of doing in reality.

You're right about the Pack. They wouldn't leave Lydia in Eichen House, under any circumstances.
Flag
I do envision that is the direction of where Lydia's powers could take her, and maybe she was just permitted to access them more fully because maybe they are in a bit of an in between world (you know where Banshees are likely more powerful in a realm between the living and the dead, sort of like that place that Scott, Stiles and Allison went to or where Deaton found Derek after Peter used him to resurrect himself). Like, even a summer of training with Kira and Malia, both of whom probably aren't sure how to instruct their instinctual fighting abilities wouldn't get her that far along (though I have this funny thought that maybe that is how Mason gets more involved, like the two of them bond after their season finale experience and he secretly has been getting his black belt).
Flag
Omg a Labyrinth reference, I love that movie :D And I see what you are saying it would be hard for her to realize it, but she was able to still realize things in the other in-between places, plus she knows what this guy could do so theoretically it shouldn't be a huge surprise. Also there is no way her friends (especially Stiles) would leave her in there, so she has to be questioning things, this is Lydia after all, the girl is a freaking genius. I just don't know. I'm sure it will be nightmare land, but I think it needs more of a justification. Obviously I don't expect you to have all the answers, I just want it to start already so we can get some :)
Flag
Based on the first promo my initial reaction was also that she was in a nightmare state by Dr. Vaneck, but she was able to wake Deaton up no problem, and even in those other in between places she was the one to wake people up. I just don't understand how they will justify here being trapped in there, it doesn't make sense based on what we've seen her do, but it definitely looks like that is the case, which I think is kind of annoying. Hopefully if they are doing that than it is just for a little while and she just thinks it's longer like you said. It would really suck if they kept her there for multiple episodes.
Flag
It's usually harder to recognize when you are trapped that what you are seeing isn't real. Sort of like the movie Labyrinth and what she had to realize to escape.
Flag
I'm sorry, but as fun as that clip was, I have to call shenanigans. When the hell did Lydia learn how to fight, and that well, might I add? Stiles spends years with the wolves, and no one teaches him self-defense, but Lydia suddenly fights as well as the women in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? At least with Laurel on Arrow, she is still struggling for the most part, and she used to know how to fight.

BTW, that was Aiden Lydia was seeing. I wonder if Lydia will be seeing the dead this year.
Flag
Its a time jump/cold open, it isn't the beginning of the season chronologically. Which allows time for her to become a badass grrrrr as everyone suspects the clip isn't actually real and its in Lydia's head
Flag
Yes, that's what I want: an explanation for how Lydia can fight like that lol

More people online are saying it's Aiden so I must agree :P I would have rather had Ethan. He was much nicer and plus that could have opened the door for Danny to come back or at least be mentioned. I'm wondering why Aiden would be lurking around? He and Lydia messed around but it's not like they loved each other.
Flag
Here you go:

Flag
Thanks! I made multiple attempts last night and finally gave up.
Flag
Was it soured from MTV or elsewhere?
Flag
It was the MTV embed code
Flag
There's always problems with that - something to do with their region blocking and redirection
Flag
Follow this Show
Members