A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S03E09: "The Girl Who Knew Too Much"

Oh, thank mercy, thank goodness, thank heavens, and thank the ancient aliens. What a terrific episode of Teen Wolf! Guys, let me tell you: Not loving last week's episode and then saying so in print made me feel so guilty, like I'd shouted at my grandma or something. Doesn't matter what she said or did to deserve it, I just felt terrible about it the whole week after. But that feeling has gone away because "The Girl Who Knew Too Much" was a season highlight. Just so much good stuff happening, and in the most over-the-top ways possible. A genuinely surprising unmasking! Definitive (and amazing) answers about Lydia! A burgeoning (and legitimately dangerous) love triangle! A burgeoning (and legitimately dangerous) hate triangle! Man, what more could you want from this show? Much like Tremors 3Teen Wolf is Back to Perfection. (This is an idiom I just made up and am hoping will catch on.) Let's talk about it so much!

It had been a while since Teen Wolf gave us one of its patented slasher-film cold opens, but here was a good'un: Sheriff Stilinski's second-in-command lady sheriff was stalking around the eerily dark hallways of the high school. She got a textbook false scare by the sudden appearance of Danny, his bicep, and some other music nerds who'd stayed late at the school to practice for an upcoming music concert. After she told them all to go home, her walkie talkie started making the Bane theme song from The Dark Knight Rises and she stalked into the locker room. By herself. Because not waiting for backup is a terrific tactic usually and there shouldn't be any problems with--

Whoops, she got straight murdered by the Darach! The cool part was that right before she died under a running shower, she saw a dead body in the showers and it was HERSELF. Just a quick, premonitory hallucination courtesy of the Dark Druid. Making people hallucinate their own deaths before getting murdered is the Darach's second favorite thing (its first favorite thing is exfoliating). The Darach's third favorite thing, of course, is displaying the corpses of its sacrifices in dramatic places.

Interestingly enough (as if anything on Teen Wolf could be anything else) the gang had arrived at school because Lydia thought to alert them that she was having another corpse-detecting compulsion. For her thoughtfulness she didn't have to personally discover a mutilated body this time; that honor fell to Scott. That's called teamwork.

The next morning Allison was not feeling very good.

But it was all a ruse! Underneath the covers she was fully dressed in boots and a weightlifting belt. It turned out she just wanted to spend the day looking into whether or not her father was the Dark Druid. But her day also came to include hanging out with the prettiest creature on TV when she found Isaac stalking outside the window of her highrise apartment somehow!

Isaac claimed that because Allison hadn't shown up to school Scott was worried so he sent his bedmate to go check on her. Guys, I don't like the sound of this scenario. Too many possibilities for misunderstandings. On the other hand, Allison was living now the dream: The beginning stages of an actually compelling love triangle. Congratulations, Allison! 

For the first time of the season we got to know much more about the Alpha Twins because they finally got to have a scene where they talked to each other. Here we learned that the straight one did not approve of the gay one's burgeoning romance with Danny. He even threatened to claw Danny's face off and eat it, which in my opinion would not be a cool thing to do. But now I have all kinds of questions about werewolf dietary habits. Do they legit eat people? I hadn't considered that before, how disgusting.

Meanwhile in class Derek's teacher-girlfriend spelled out the main basic themes of the episode (idioms and looking at chess boards) while Stiles and Scott decided they needed to talk to the gay twin and therefore Lydia had to distract the straight one using her tongue and body.

She really did not mind this very much even in light of the fact that the last time she'd seen Aiden he was helping to murder Boyd. For one thing I'm not sure Lydia had ever even spoken to Boyd, but also everyone in the group, including the twins, deflected the blame for this murder back onto the barefoot werewolf lady, so there were not really any hard feelings toward the twins.

Except momentarily when Stiles stepped to the gay twin like a tough guy out of nowhere:

But yeah, the plan worked: Scott and Stiles had a meaningful convo with Ethan about what exactly their deal was. Apparently they'd been Omega Werewolves (meaning they didn't have bite-made families) and had to tag along with another pack that treated them like hot garbage. But THE DEMON WOLF had taught them to harness their Voltron skills (Stiles actually used this term so R.I.P. me thinking I'm clever) and murder their entire pack. They only really joined up with THE DEMON WOLF out of loyalty and gratitude but it was clear they didn't always love the decisions being made there. Oh, and also, each of the Alpha pack had slaughtered their druid emissaries (except for Kendra, who was still helping THE DEMON WOLF), so that immediately tipped them off that the Darach was probably a former emissary who'd returned to seek revenge. But WHOSE emissary? Anyway, see, look how much we learned from a single conversation! No flashback required.

Right in the middle of Aiden and Lydia's makeout, a werewolf showed up and scratched a revenge-spiral into the frosted glass. Very rude! 

But also, Aiden seemed straight-up exhausted by everything. Earlier he'd reminded his brother that they were not in fact teenagers who needed high school educations, so it cracked me up that they had to not only attend class (high school is harder than college, let's be real) and be star athletes, they also had to go undercover as sex bots to figure out who was a person of interest or not. That's a lot of responsibilities! And now a werewolf was effing with them. Considering they were semi-despicable murderers I was really starting to feel bad for them.

Anyway, it didn't end up being Derek looking for revenge... It was Cora! But because she's just a silly Beta and Aiden was an Alpha, he immediately kicked her butt all over the place.

I have to admit I sort of LOLed when he picked up a super heavy weight plate and hit Cora in the head with it. I mean, it's disturbing seeing a man treat a lady like that, but it was so Tom and Jerry that I had to laugh. 

Before Aiden could FINISH HER the gang rushed in and stopped him, reminding him that the barefoot werewolf lady had pledged to get off their backs for 24 hours, and that included refraining from murdering ornery girl werewolves.

One would think that having her life saved and also being woozy from the weight plate smack would have put Cora in a more contemplative mood, but the only thing she was contemplating at the moment was an epic put-down.

She raised an okay point though: Lately our main squad had mostly just been discovering bodies and doing post-mortems on whatever freaky situations had arisen in town when they should've been actively preventing bad stuff. Not sure if suicidally attacking a much more powerful Alpha was the smartest thing to do, but still. Thanks for the input, girl.

Meanwhile back at Allison's high rise apartment, she and Isaac were going through Mr. Argent's belongings while Isaac stole glances at her hairdo. Underneath the town map they found this:

Some kind of Celtic symbol with more UV-inked clues. Apparently the last two groups of sacrifices would be Guardians and Philosophers, the former of which it appeared lady sheriff was a part (later proven to be misdirection because she had been a teacher also). I think the main thing this plotline wanted to address was whether or not Mr. Argent himself was the Dark Druid but that seemed so implausible that it barely even occurred to me until Allison suggested it. Get real, Allison! This is Season 3. We know your dad better than you do, apparently. He is just an honorable hottie DILF with a working knowledge of druid sacrifices. Duh.

Oh, then the sexy teacher had a clandestine reunion with Derek in a windy hallway which was a particularly erotic metaphor for their relationship recently J/K J/K J/K.

Anyway, they touched foreheads and kissed and whispered sweet nothings, etc. Whatever, I mean if they are your OTP then fine, but whatever. It was filmed very beautifully and artistically, so that was nice.

Meanwhile Scott decided to seek out the exposition of Kendra who was in the middle of filing away her paperwork and enjoying a refreshing bottle of Aquafina. As I was saying about Aiden earlier, it will never not make me laugh to see these powerful people leading double lives and still having to do all the annoying busywork. This lady is the emissary to the most powerful pack of monsters in town but she still has to talk to underachieving teenagers about city college options? How glamorous!

Oh, but this ended up being maybe my favorite scene of the episode because of what a straight-up WEIRDO this lady has become. She's always been this beautiful, cryptic presence, but now everything she says is so stilted and weird that it's basically campy. Seriously, her conversation with Scott felt like an outtake from Drive or something, just lots of long pauses between lines, nobody really saying anything directly. Anyway, what we learned was that she was definitely not the Darach and that in her opinion she was actually trying to reign in THE DEMON WOLF's more dangerous instincts. Also, she informed Scott that he was a future True Alpha (unless he murders an innocent before then, which, uh-oh foreshadowing?) and therefore THE DEMON WOLF has two conflicting interests in him: To make him part of his pack or otherwise destroy him. Two sucky options, in my opinion.

The main thing about this hilarious scene was that Kendra is definitely bored of having to be a guidance counselor so she told Scott a few very simple pieces of information in the most drawn-out and confusing ways possible. Thanks for all the riddles, lady. Good talk.

At this point a random teacher turned away from a chalkboard (so that he could gaze longingly at his favorite Easter basket?) and then turned back to the chalkboard to see some kind of Celtic symbol had been drawn over his meticulously plotted WWII talking points. But then he disappeared and Lydia walked into the room and drew a "2" on the symbol and then screamed at it.

I guess his would be death #2? Yeah, probably. Lydia was starting to get very sick of her "gift." When the lady teacher and some cops came in to question Lydia about what the heck was going on, she basically lost her temper because she couldn't adequately explain how she knew about the kidnappings or subsequent corpses. Same here, Lydia! Not knowing your situation has been very frustrating for us also! 

So a big element of this episode was paying off the earlier implication that Stiles was about to clue his father into all of the paranormal shenanigans this town had seen during the past few years. This scene was excellent and funny and tense, mostly because it underlined how ridiculous all the plotlines of previous seasons had been, and how painful it was to see Stiles' dad straight-up not believing his son. Not even chess pieces with labels like THE DEMON WOLF and THE KANIMA and TOWEL SCENES or MY BB could explain to Sheriff Stilinski the full extent of what was going on in this town.

But because Cora was sitting right there, it made sense that she would step in and immediately show him that werewolves existed.

Unfortunately her weight-plate concussion came back into play when she suddenly collapsed to the floor. Ugh, sorry Stiles. No dice.

Meanwhile Allison and Isaac learned that the new teacher had been kidnapped and decided to use her father's map to determine where the new sacrifice would be found. That's when they ran directly into the Darach!

But since it was still momentarily in question whether the Darach was or was not Allison's dad, this reveal was pretty amazing:

Mr. Argent came in firing guns at a supernatural creature 100 yards away! Which, yes! Might as well!

Isaac used the opportunity to hold Allison close. Maybe her coat smelled like Scott, who knows.

Meanwhile Stiles and his father had a bit of a falling out at the hospital over whether or not his dad believed in outlandish supernatural phenomena or not.

He even busted out the motherless son trump card: Using a dead mother for guilt trip purposes! Ugh, is there anything harder to watch than Stilinski family discord? These fellas need to make up and stat.

That night there was a big high school concert-slash-memorial for all the town's recently murdered citizens. Which in my opinion was a hilarious reminder of just how cavalier other teen shows are about murder NOT NAMING NAMES. I mean, sure, tons of teens and authority figures had been slaughtered in the past few weeks and the town was not yet on lockdown (or abandoned, Roanoke style), but still: Nice to know that death was being addressed by the townsfolk. Anyway, before the concert there was this cute scene where Ethan tied Danny's tie and put an IceBreakers mint in his mouth and also made it explicitly clear that he cared about him still.

This was a direct flouting of Aiden's warning, so it looked like the twins were headed for a tussle! 

Also this was a surprisingly moving moment: Lydia showed up and told Scott that she wanted to do a better job of finding dead bodies before they're dead. Basically she wanted to embrace her abilities and be his partner-in-heroism. 

It was sincerely nice moment between two very burdened characters, made all the more so when they just silently took each other's hands.

They'd really come a long way since she mouth-attacked him in a backroom during Season 1! Love these guys.

It was pretty clear that Stiles' dad felt super terrible about yelling at his son in front of tons of people, so to make up for it he started looking into mysterious deaths that might possibly line up with Stiles' crazy theories. Of course he asked Scott's mom to pull some strings (he should've also asked her directly if her son was a monster but oh well) and she hooked him up while also flirting with him.  

So long story short, here's what he discovered: Many years back a lady's body was found out in the woods totally tore up by "animals." That sort of thing is a normal fact of life for Beacon Hills, but the detail that stuck out about this particular case was the flock of birds that attacked the hospital shortly after the body was brought in. Which was a very similar set of circumstances to what happened on the first day of school in the classroom of... THIS LADY.

Meet your Darach, ladies and gentlemen. The dark druid with the over-exfoliated face shapeshifts into a hottie English teacher and bones werewolves! I honestly did not see that coming, you guys. I like this choice! Peter Hale seemed too obvious and Victoria Argent would have made me pass away from joy and I'm not ready to die yet so this was probably the best reveal the show could have done. 

So anyway, the Darach had lured Lydia into a dark classroom so that she could murder her because somehow Lydia qualified as a "Philosopher." But this sudden surprising trauma brought out Lydia's best and only defense mechanism.

HIGH PITCHED SHRIEKING! That ALL of the werewolves could hear!

Here it was... The official explanation of WHAT Lydia was!

As the Dark Druid Darach Teacher Lady immediately recognized, Lydia was, get this, A BANSHEE. 

LOL

LOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOL

A banshee. Hashtag The Wailing Woman MTV dot com. A banshee!!

Perfect. Again, I did not see this coming and I'm so grateful to be legitimately surprised like this. A banshee! What a cool supernatural creature to introduce to a teen drama, seriously. How had nobody thought of this yet? I guess banshees aren't murderous monsters, they more or less just sense death and warn people about it or something. I like it. Lydia isn't explicitly psychic (psychics tend to be a real storytelling cheat), but she does definitely factor into werewolf drama in the future. A banshee is legit awesome. Holy dang, I just love this show so much SO MUCH.

Then as the school orchestra played the most intense & frightening memorial music ever composed, the episode got super tense as we waited to find out what would happen next.

If you guessed that the next death would be not Lydia but rather some rando piano teacher, then I owe you a dollar and a Coke because WHAT?

Not only had she been murdered by a piano, Final Destination-style, she then puked up mistletoe into her own pool of blood! Not the most glamorous way to go, to be honest. I'm still not totally clear what the mistletoe entails. Is it supernatural? Does it make people get attacked by musical instruments or was that an unhappy coincidence? Also how exactly does the Darach trick people into ingesting a disgusting poisonous plant? Does she implant them inside delicious peanut butter cups? I'm gonnaneed a flashback episode explaining these things.

So then the Darach was about to sacrifice Lydia when suddenly a proactive hero appeared.

Yay Stiles' dad was officially IN THE KNOW! Unfortunately, one thing Stiles' dad did not factor in was that knives can also be thrown.

And that's when Stiles' dad finally witnessed something revelatory: A REAL LIFE WOLFBOY! Coming to his defense!

So yeah. Assuming Stiles' dad won't chalk this whole thing up to poor lighting, he definitely believed in supernatural phenomena now.

But when Scott lunged at the Darach, she just punched him in the sternum and he coughed up so much fruit punch syrup!

Then Stiles' dad tried to shoot her but her leg healed Wolverine-style and she started yammering more about sacrificing people and then she kissed him on the mouth.

HAHA YUCK. Stiles' dad totally kissed the Darach's teeth. Sorry, Stiles' dad. You did not deserve to kiss the Darach's teeth.

And just then Stiles busted into the classroom only to discover that the Darach had spirited away his only living family member. BOOM. Cliffhanger.

Guys, this episode had so many reveals and events and revelations and I adored all of them. I'm loving this whole three-way clash that's brewing between the Darach and the Alpha pack and the good guys. It's complicated and confusing in the best ways. Also, I don't mean to sound like a fraidey cat, but the Darach is legitimately frightening looking in a way that I don't think I've ever seen on television. That makeup, those glowing eyes. The way it seems to operate by no discernible rules nor have any weaknesses. What does it even WANT. I really like this villain so much. Do we root for or against the Alpha pack now? Will Derek still love the Darach when he finds out what she really looks like? Or will it not matter because of how strong their connection is? Why isn't Cora healing J/K nobody cares about that. Will Isaac and Allison shirtless hug without shirts on? Could Isaac and Scott's friendship withstand such a thing? Should all three just have a polyamorous relationship and create the kind of .GIFs that would overload & destroy Tumblr forever? Sorry to end with so many questions but I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS. And that is my greatest compliment I can pay a show like this: It makes me wonder and daydream and tingle in my brain. We're now in the best part of the season, the third act, just barreling toward the finale. Are you guys ready for it? I know I am.

LATER BYE

QUESTIONS:

... Are you Team Darach or Team THE DEMON WOLF?

... Did you guess the Darach's identity be honest.

... Did you guess Lydia was a banshee be honest.

... Under what circumstances would you accept an Allison-Isaac-Scott love triangle? Show your work.

... Bonus Q from @KateSullivan: Is it possibly that Lydia actually died from Peter's bite?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

965 Comments
Comments (965)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
when she screamed i was like yo she a banshee and then 5 seconds later jen was like yo u a banshee but i still guessed it before her so
Flag
Seriously, someone needs to start a screening process for Derek before he can actually date anyone. I mean clearly Jennifer was a new character and she was instantly in with the supernaturals of the show thus she must die or be evil, and considering how well she took the supernatural thing from day one everyone had to know she was gonna be bad. I am just worried about Stiles, that poor kid is gonna have a shit fit if anything happens to his dad. I thought threatening Ethan was hilarious though.
Flag
Team Darach! I knew Jennifer was no good, but didn't think she'd be the Darach. That girl just wants some revenge for what had been done to her. I'm on her side.
Lydia is a banshee. Lol. Didn't see that coming, but all the screaming makes sense now.
Flag
So I actually guessed the Lydia is a Banshee thing ONLY because of the episode of Lost Girl that featured a Banshee as a type of Fey. Yay for cross show mythological education!!!
Flag
Agree totally guessed the Banshee thing a while back because of Lost Girl too.
Flag
OK get this guys: what if the teacher/evil druidess is PAIGE- yes, she of the baggy '80's jeans and Derek's dreams- back from the dead and all grown up!?!!

Peter disposed of her tore up body out in the woods oh, about 8-10 years ago, right??? Around when Darach's tore up body was found in the woods. And last episode confirmed that a lot of ish is all going down because of Derek and his teenaged lovah. And don't let that hospital file picture fool you, paperwork is not this town's strong suit.

Woah.
Flag
Didn't the Darach say that the reason that she is doing all of this is for that deity she was talking about? and the sacrifices were a neccessary evil for this deity?
Flag
Team Demon Wolf
Yes
Yes
No. I don't like Isaac/Alison. Whoops?
Flag
Wow, what an episode!I had to watch it again just to be able to keep the progression of what happened straight.The two main points I wanted to bring up are the scenes between Lydia and Aidan, and the events at the recital.

Now, a bunch of people are annoyed with Scott “using” Lydia to distract Aidan. First of all, both Scott and Styles came up with the idea of Lydia distracting Aidan at almost the exact same moment; they didn’t even have to say a word, they were so much on that same page. Second, no one, other than Peter, has ever been able to make Lydia do anything she doesn’t want to do. And Peter pretty much had to threaten her sanity to succeed in that effort. Third, I’m pretty sure that Styles or Scott asked Lydia to distract Aidan, not make out with him. That’s just what Lydia thinks Aidan is good for, as a fun booty call distraction.

Then there’s the recital. It was the second time I watched this episode that I finally noticed a few important points. Lydia saw Aidan in the audience after she received the first text, but she still left the auditorium and walked alone in the halls, even though she “knew” someone was supposed to die. Scott and Styles were outside the school when Lydia screamed, completely missed the scary concert music foreshadowing the 3rd sacrifice, but both of them still showed up to help her before any other werewolf even left the auditorium. Lydia didn’t scream for herself, she screamed for the teacher playing the piano. And the Darach said that Lydia was a danger hidden beneath innocence, like she herself was. Oh, and the Darach has the same blue eyes that all the killer betas do. Which means she very well could be Paige, a plot point I was really hoping was not going to happen.

1. I’d be team Peter if I wasn’t too worried that he might rip my heart out and eat it if it might help him attain some as yet unrevealed goal. So I guess I’m team human for now, or maybe even team Argent.

2. I was hoping that the Ms Blake was helping the Darach and that it was actually Gerard trying to get over his affliction, or maybe even Peter trying to get his strength back. I’m actually annoyed that it was such an obvious choice, especially since Jennifer came out of nowhere and became so quickly involved in the story.

3. Again, I was really hoping that the TW writers would make Lydia something more intriguing. Banshees wail for someone who will die, not just someone who might die. And they are usually seen washing the victim’s bloody clothes in a spring or river. Moreover, they always wail when someone will die, usually for a specific family, not just whenever it suits them. Lydia has not been wailing for every single victim or dead person since she was bitten, and she also hasn’t been wailing for a specific family member either. I’m not really sure how the TW writers will make this work.

4. No way! It can be Allison and Scott or Scott and Isaac. Triangles are just too much “soap opera cliché”, and Allison was too willing to rip Isaac a new one last season; it’s too soon for them to be an item. And I think the whole Lydia and Scott hand hold were more like two friends understanding and helping each other, and nothing more.
More+
Flag
I don't know why people are complaining about Scott and Stiles "using lydia" They wanted her to distract him and she was the one who decided to distract him with sex.
Flag
Yay!!! Another comment!!!!!
Flag
This really is a fabulous show and keeps getting better and better. I'm somewhat older than a teenager and have to say the acting and writing and character interaction is far superior to the majority of TV out there. Its scary and funny and interesting and has heart. What more could you want from a show I ask you? I liked last weeks episode just fine. This season is all quality.
Sorry to say I don't like all the stills with captions which make up this review...a few pics is fine but its rather over done and detracts from the writing rather than complimenting it. Sometimes less is more. Just saying.
This season has 24 episodes doesn't it? ....so we're not "barrelling towards the finale"...not even half way through yet.... ;)
Flag
I can't wait for Peter to stop being such a big pussy and actually fight instead of watching the fight from the outside
Flag
Magnifico!!

Teen Wolf has to stop being this awesome. Okay, not stop, keep it up actually, I was able to forget the previous episode and that's fantastic. I mean this episode was too good. The Daruch reveal was no biggie, but we finally learned what Lydia is! They killed me with the awesome. I'm typing from beyond the grave right now.

-Dude, screw that. I'm Team Human.
-Close enough. I thought that Ms. Blake was somehow working with or connected to the Darach. I think I had this convo some time back, but it never made sense to me character wise for Derek to be engaging in some sexytimes with someone like that. It felt so out of character for him, so much so, that I was forever suspicious of Ms. Blake and just waiting to see how this faux-mance played into the storylines. Boom. Darach. Good to know.
- I heard rumors about it, but I didn't give it much thought either way. But how awesome was that reveal?! The glorious, Gaelic goddess that is Lydia is a mother fudgin Banshee!! Then I squealed a little because I LOVE that TW pulls out all sorts of supernatural and folklore stuff that's unexpected. It just keeps things so fresh and unpredictable. I enjoyed that reveal more than the Daruch, to be quite honest. I loved how Lydia was sort of like, "yeah, please tell me what the eff am I?"
-Um, any circumstances? Who needs to show work, just look at them. It speaks for itself. (By the way, that reply never worked in match class. Ever.)

-I too thought it was absolutely preposterous that Allison thought her father was the druid. I mean that thought never even crossed my mind, at all. It was just that ridiculous. I mean, she doesn't seem to understand her father well. He truly is the honorable werewolf hunter. He operates by a freaking code for goodness sake. It would have went against everything that he is to go around murdering innocent people. He definitely is a DILF though, and I'd volunteer as tribute. I found it equally as ridiculous that he came in guns ablazing like he was Clint Eastwood or something. Total disregard for whether or not the teacher was alive, which I found odd, but you know, they were focusing on him being a badass and all so whatever, I guess.

-I love Isaac and Allison scenes. He appears totally smitten with her, and now I can't tell if it's because they actually used to date and that's the real chemistry of the actors, or if Isaac is just that smitten. It's so amusing. I do love my Isaac. I was dying to know what excuse he used this time to get out of school. Another migraine or did he steal Boyd's excuse. Boyd!!!!!!! :( I love how they always use him for grunt work like stalking people and watching them from afar... The thing is, we are often reminded of just how young of a werewolf he is, and I really wish that throughout all this madness that someone would take the time to guide and teach the kid a little so that he can kickass at this werewolf thing. He hasn't figured out all of his abilities and how to use them. I feel like, if Peter is going to sit around offering snarky commentary instead of actually helping most of the time, the least he can do is teach the last remaining werewolf of Derek's rag tag pack of misfits how to not die. He barely excels at that, though. What he did excel at is the map thing. I loved the mention of his father teaching him something. The other side to his father the abuser that reminds people that there is always some good mixed in with all that bad. The team that is Isaac and Allison was fun to watch, however they sort of were pointless the entire episode because they were diverted down this road that no one really bought into to begin with.

-That Lydia and Scott scene was EVERYTHING!!! I absolutely loved it so much it gave me all the happy, friendship tinglies. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I'm an emotional bond junkie or something. I live for these moments when I'm watching something. Moments that are so small and yet so poignant and deep. I almost forgot about Lydia cornering Scott in the supply closet that time. I didn't see anything remotely close to romantic or sexual between them though, it was just this really honest moment between them that did so much for Lydia's character. There was so much growth in that half a minute, so much vulnerability it was amazing. I always liked Lydia but she always came across reluctant to actually help, or lacking a genuine interest in what was going on or the role she played in it. I think Cora's words sort of resonated with her as well. She wanted to use whatever she was and do whatever she could so that maybe they could prevent lives instead of just finding the bodies. I mean so much had happened, but she was effected by it directly and indirectly. I know people said she shouldn't have felt anything with Boyd dying in front of her or Erica being gone or any of that, but why not? She didn't have to be best friends with a person to feel some sort of impact of a person she was at least familiar and had seen was there one minute and gone the next. And then she and Scott squeezed each other's hands and Scott looked at her with this respect and that all around maturity that he seems to posses this season and I got all the emotional bond junkie feels. I just feel like Lydia has come a long way this season, her and Stiles, and I love the fact that they are offering things and aren't just on the sidelines like the humans tend to be.

-Speaking of Stiles, ugh, again I loved that kid so much. There were so many moments. I get the sense that everything is just piling up and he's internalizing like a boss, and the kid is just going to snap a little and everything has been leading up him snapping. It's been brewing, simmering, more than brewing but he's been really catching it. He's lost a childhood friend/potential love interest, a supernatural potential love interest, Boyd (and even though they weren't the best of friends Stiles is that guy that values any relationship regardless of closeness), the woman who more than likely acted as a mother figure with his mom gone, he's still dealing with his mom being gone, and now his father. The kid knows loss, and while he handles it remarkably well they've done an exceptional job of him having this undercurrent of anguish and a jaded quality as a result of all of this loss. One of my favorite moments of the episode was when he threatened to shove a Mistletoe Wolfsbane depository up Ethan's ass. Also loved the length that he had gone to tell his father about the supernatural bizness in Beacon Hills. He was very thorough It was funny, and yet I kept thinking, why not just tell him that Mrs.McCall knew and have her help explain things? Or of all werewolves to take with him, why Cora when his father doesn't even know Cora and probably has never seen her before? Also that crushing moment in the hospital when he told his father that his mother would have believed him...classic playing the 'rents against each other move, but devastating nonetheless.

-Can Mama McCall and Papa Stilinski just do the damn thing already? If I'm jumping aboard a ship and staying there, it's going to be theirs. She was flirting hard too.

-I'm enjoying the twins too much. I can't even hide it. They were the bitches of the pack they tagged along with. (again, Stiles has some of the best lines with the best delivery). I appreciated their backstory since they were the only ones of the Alpha pack that were remotely close to being interesting, perhaps because we see them the most and they interact with the characters the most. I love the discord all of this is causing in the Ethan/Aidan relationship. I love Ethan with Danny. They are so adorable it's sickening.

-Am I supposed to care that Cora might die because I don't? Harsh, I know, but she just doesn't do it for me. I've graduated from not liking her to just being indifferent, so there's that. I'm not invested enough in her character to care whether she stays or goes, unfortunately Which again sucks because I just want a female werewolf that I can be down with on this show. My Cora from TW and Nora from TB comparison continues, again, only relevant for drawing out more from their super awesome brothers. Their only existence and demise is for further destroying the tragic anti-heroes, by taking away one of the few things/people they actually love. I'm going to assume Cora dies, because she does have another show on CW to work on, and everyone likes kicking Derek repeatedly. Derek can never be happy. Ever. And Stiles can never get remotely close to possibly getting laid w/o said person dying or disappearing, so there's twice the reason why Cora shouldn't make it to the end of the season let alone the end of the midseason.

-Death by piano string and Mistletoe. I seriously grabbed my throat and swallowed when I seen that. I mean we all knew it was coming, what with the ridiculously sinister music and all. Beacon Hills knows how to honor the dead. At least they acknowledge the dead. Love. This. Show.
-Ah, so the part when Banshee Lydia is tied up by Daruch Blake, and she threatens to slit Lydia's throat....."But first, my long exposition where I explain to you what you are and why I have to kill you just long enough for someone to come in and rescue you." I mean for someone who knew she was about to kill a Banshee, she sure didn't rush the matter, even after Lydia screamed like a...well, Banshee. My eyes rolled a little. They totally did. What also annoyed me though, was not Papa Stilinksi's impeccable timing, I actually like that. He's about the only sheriff/law enforcement officer in a supernatural anything that I actually like. What annoyed me was that all the Sups heard Lydia's scream but Scott was the only one that made it there, wolfed out, got his ass kicked, coughed up his spleen, spent the next five minutes unconscious on the floor, and woke up in time to see the Blake took Stiles father. Where was everyone else? I mean were Aidan and Ethan still holding their heads? Aidan is a hard ass so even if he has zero feelings for Lydia and her banshee hoo-ha, Ethan is more compassionate one. He had no interest in running to see what was going on? Was Isaac still making googly eyes at Allison in between Banshee shreiks or was he having another flashback and hduddled somewhere on the floor? Was Cora not being able to hear it a sign that she really doesn't stand a chance? Would Derek have bothered leaving his sister's side? (what I love about Derek is, it totally could have gone either way with him. He's a selective hero which makes him interesting to watch.) Did Peter hear it and go back to eating his sandwich at the loft? Eh.

-If Blake does anything to Papa Stilinski she will pay.
More+
Flag
Your comments are always a hilarity xD it's delightful.

I fear where they are going to go with Lydias Banshee stuff, I mean how is she a Banshee? is it inherited? did it awaken? how is that like Ms. Darach?
I like that they're going somewhere different with her, but then I think, well does that mean she's going to be screaming constantly?

I knew they were going to throw doubt on Mr Argent, but I didn't expect them to chose Allison to be one of the doubters... because it just seemed so silly. I like you found Allison and Isaac's roles this ep completely pointless tbh, they're on this adventure being suspicious of her dad, who so far has proven the least dark of all the hunters. I would suspect allison before I suspected her dad.
The whole thing felt kind of last ditch effort to cast suspicion on someone else.

I have to say the Allison Isaac interaction to me is very odd, I so hope they aren't going to go romantic, because it feels so weird to me, I'm just not sure I could buy Isaac falling in love with a person who actively tried to kill him, with knives and arrows. I just feel like they've forgotten alot of Allison's dark period in season 2 with no resolution to it. I mean Isaac mentioned it in the closet, but there was no resolution to it.
So I've been ignoring whatever supposed romantic notion they've been alluding to, because it feels inappropriate.

I get what you mean about Stiles, He's been like a ticking time bomb, everyone else seems to have either exploded or imploded somehow, but stiles has been keeping it all quiet until now.
I'm with you on why the fuck would he bring the unknown concussed werewolf to the reveal? Why would he not get Scott and Mrs McCall to come? I mean Stiles is usually quite bright! It was just such a weird scene because of Cora.
I still can't see whatever supposed romantic vibe others are somehow seeing between Stiles and Cora. This ep when he said he'd make sure she got home, I felt it was more resigned like, well I'm the one who drives around the wolves when they're out of commission.

I'm completely with you on the Cora thing, I just don't care, she's not touched me in any way, there has just been nothing to catch my attention, she's just bleh to me. I hope they don't kill her, I just feel like they've shat too much on Derek, enough is enough, I mean sure he can't be happy, but she doesn't have to die to disappear.

I was surprised Scott was the only wolf who showed... I can't really guess why he was the only one who reacted to Banshee scream.
Also, do they always hear lydia when she screams? or was it just now? why was it different now?
More +
Flag
Loved this episode! It was a total shock to me that the teacher was the Darach; I thought it was too obvious so I had her down as an alpha spy or something! Lots of people on here said Lydia was a Banshee so that wasn't much of a surprise. But I love the character so it will be interesting to see how she deals with it. Also it's great that the writers haven't went for the obvious supernatural creatures; they've really delved into old school supernatural folklore which is refreshing. Poor Sheriff Stiles! I swear, if they kill him off I'm switching off! I can't be bothered with the Isaac and Alison thing. I love the friendship and loyalty he shows to Scott so if they make a love triangle out of this it will be bad news. Also, Alison split up with Scott because of the werewolf thing so it just wouldn't make sense for her to get with another wolf. This show is one of those rare shows where I like every character so don't make me hate anyone Teen Wolf! And I bet the gay twin alpha guy will help Scott now, he seems to really care about Danny so looking forward to seeing Deucalion's response. Poor Dereck, he never seems to get it right!!
More+
Flag
So two things that are technically related....

Does Deucalion know that Kali and the twins had the Darach in their clutches and let her go?

Second...will at like the last possible moment will Scott or Peter grab a intercom to say something to the effect of..."We will bring the Darach to you Deucalion but one thing Kali? Derek did not kill Ennis Deucalion did and Deaton told me as he witnessed it" Just for the distraction to maybe enrage Kali enough to go after Duke while they escape.
Flag
I suspect Deucalion wouldn't really care, he's been particularly nonchalant about the evil druid, kind of using her actions and such to guide Scott around like a dog.
I could see Peter doing something like that, but I see Scott as being too embroiled emotionally to focus on that kind of thing.
Then again maybe Kali knows and has still shifted the blame to Derek, because Derek was the one who made Ennis so weak he was killed by Deucalion.
Flag
Peter always has his own agenda, he hasn't done much to help them just enough so they keep telling him everything. I wouldn't be surprised if he is planning to kill Deucalion(weakened by the others) so he would become the Demon Wolf.
Flag
I loved this episode! After the confusing "Visionary" I wasn't super excited about the next TW, like I usually am...but it was ridiculous! In a very awesome, action-packed and dramatic way!
I've always been intrigued by the character of Lydia; and I am always glad to learn more about her mysteriousness. Ever since her disappearance into the woods in Season 2, something had been not right, but the show never gave any explicit answers, so I figured either her mysteriousness wasn't important, or the show would sometime, in the way distant future, give us answers. But here we are now, with answers! Finally! I think it was on your review for Motel CA, that I read of someone suggesting Lydia was a banshee...I thought about it for awhile, and realized it did make sense; most especially after all she's been through. So, no, I didn't call her being a banshee; but I was assisted by other TW fans! :) Lydia's a great character; she's my other favorite, after Stiles. 'Cause really, no one can dislike Stiles!
Did you guess the Darach's identity?
No, I didn't, but I'm surprised I didn't see it when the sheriff and Scott's mom were talking. I was totally oblivious to the fact that the girl who was attacked in the woods was the English teacher...sometimes I just follow this show blindly; idk. But I was all caught up by the time the teacher had trapped Lydia and was going to strangle her! I was losing it, screaming at the TV, and everything. :)
As for the Allison/Scott/Isaac love triangle: I love all three characters. Allison because she's really pretty, and badass, at the same time. (Unlike so many "helpless" female characters) Scott, because he's very hot, and sweet, and caring. And Isaac, I just like because he's Isaac... :) But I'm not sure I'd go for Isaac and Allison, because she just fits with Scott in my mind, automatically. While I'd like them to be back together, I do prefer this Allison to the no-questions-asked-werewolf-hunter she became earlier in the show. (Must've been season 2?) She kind of scared me that way, really. Although I would not doubt her fighting/hunting skills for a second, 'cause she is an Argent after all.
More+
Flag
Loved this episode, totally called Lydia's being a banshee, so obvious from the first scream. I reaaaaally wanted th darach to have been Paige, somehow surviving in the woods all those years ago and becoming the Darach, but seeking out Derek cos she still totally loves him. Cora is annoying, she serves no purpose other than to get in the way, hate on our good guys and collapse just when she might be useful. LOVE that Stiles' dad now knows! Really want him & Scott's mum to hook up, too obvious?! The twins are entertaining, Aiden however, annoying nd not so redeemable, prefer Danny's twin!! Also, does Allison even go to school anymore?! Plus, how many more 'almost' sex scenes between her and Scott hmmmmm.

Love Isaac atm, but I do NOT want to see him with Allison.

As for Allison's dad being the Darach theory, silly girl, stop hating on your dad, he just keep saving your ass! So much more love for him than I did in season 1!!

So excited for the next episode!!!

Flag
Best episode so far!!

Sheriff Stiles finally knows about the supernatural residents! Now we can all stop watching his investigations sympathetically.

I am so happy that we can stop pretending that we didn't know that Jennifer is the Darach! But I do confess to be curious about her back story... Is it connected to Paige? The Alpha's or both? hmmmmm?

Lydia being a banshee is a little disappointing (DON'T HATE ME for wanting something more for her!). Foretelling death isn't my idea of a superpower, but I can see it's usefulness in Beacon Hills. And to Scott... And any bad guy seeking to retain his position... Oooooh!
:)

Flag
Don't be too disappointed. As we discussed in another thread here, the Banshees aren't as powerless or passive as some might think. For example, there is the first reported Banshee of Irish Mythology, The Morrígan. A trinity of war goddesses comparable to the Valkyries of the Norse Mythology usually consisting of Badb, Macha and Nemain.
These Banshees could turn losing battles around, they could appear as young and beautiful girls or even shapeshift.
We'll have to wait and see what the writers of TW make of Lydia's Banshee.
Flag
Jeff Davis and the Teen Wolf people sure love their shape shifters so I would not be surprised if that's the route they choose to go. Or at least make it a part of the route they go with the Banshee.
Flag
Peter should kill Derek so he could become the Alpha again and turn into the giant werewolf.... just kididng... maybe.
Flag
Soooooooo, just watched the episode.

That. Was. Awesome. The only good thing about watching the show so late though is that now it's only a couple days till the next episode. Yaaay! Can't wait to see what happens. I'll probably put my thoughts on the episode in replies to other people, but just know that I think Jeff Davis loves the number 3, Stiles is really good at low blows, and Scott really sucks at fighting. Like, it's been a year since he got the bite and yet he still legit sucks at werewolf-style. He's killing me.
Flag
What do we call them? Jerek? or Derach? haha
Flag
Teen wolf has the best fans In the world!
Flag
I really really really hope that next week's episode picks up immediately. Like we open on Stiles and Scott staring out the window. I want them to untie Lydia have her freak out meet up with Alison et al to deposit Lydia with for safekeeping. Then reason why they go to tell Derek at the hospital and then thelikely Alpha induced storm crashes in causing the hospital to evacuate. I want Lydia to tell them about the banshee thing and it not to be just hurried along. Like who told everyone Derek definitely wasn't dead or other things like that.
Flag
Ethan told Scott that Derek was a alive.
Flag
Ethan told Scott that the alphas thought he was alive. It wasn't definite.
Flag
Open Question: Is anyone else confused as to why Kendr/Morrel has been the guidance counsellor at BHHS since season 1 if she's the Alpha packs emissary?
Flag
Deucalion sent her on ahead to scope things out? She could have been a scouting party.
Flag
So you think it's because of Peter?
It just didn't seem like she was a new teacher or anything.
lets see if we get confirmation on it.
Flag
We never saw her in S1, so I don't know if she was there or not. But S1 and S2 together didn't take up more than a few months at most... how many full moons did we see? And if the spiral on the deer was enough to attract Laura's attention, wherever she was, then it could definitely have attracted Deucalion's.
Flag
That is true. He might have been hoping there was something interesting to it. Too little is known about how Laura became an alpha too.
Was she a True Alpha like Scott?
Can the power be inherited? does that only work in family packs or does it go to the second in a non-family pack?
And what is the way an Alpha can fall to Beta or Omega if the only way to take the power is to kill the alpha?
There are some holes that need filled about this.

And you're very right, we haven't been clued in what-so-ever to what Ducalion wants with all the power he's been gathering, I mean is it just a powertrip? Did he get addicted to it like Willow became addicted to magic in Buffy? or is he trying to eradicate all hunters?

Also if the Alpha pack is so new, why do they have the creepy sign? Or was it deucalion's pack's sign before the whole Demon wolf gig?
Flag
@Arnar_Narfi

It was Talia's pack. She was the most powerful of the alphas. If he's looking for powerful alphas, it makes sense to look for the newest alpha in her pack or whoever was left over from it, even if only to convince them to be his beta so he could kill them. We know that Laura could fully transform as well, perhaps there's something genetic about it when you inherit the alphaness, rather than kill to take it. Maybe he was just interested in if there were any of Talia's pack left... They seemed friendly in the flashback. Perhaps he was hoping it was her.

We haven't really been shown that much of his motivation other than his eyes were burnt out and his beta tried to kill him. Sure, he's stockpiling alphas and power, but is that his endgame, or is that just a means to an end - like the Darach and her sacrifices? Or is he a Voldemort like extremist who wants to create a master race of uber!alphas?
Flag
couldn't have been more than 8, after all the break between two and three was 4 months.
It's hard to estimate without specific seasonal markers and such.
The issue then becomes why would Deucalion really care about someone in BH declaring a vendetta? And would it really attract enough attention that he'd send his emissary?
Flag
Maybe heard a rumor about Scott so he had her see if it was right? In other words, I agree with the scouting theory.
Flag
answering the questions, since I haven't yet.

I'm with the demon wolf, sorry I know they're both victims and all, but the Darach has been killing people unrelated to anything for the sake of power.
I hope we'll see a big showdown with Ms Darach and Kali where they take each other out in spray of blood and guts...

I did, from ep 4 I was pretty damn sure she was the evil druid. I did like how they did the reveal though, but every time we saw Lydia's shoes I was thinking, this is it the Darach is about to be revealed.

I shied away from thinking it because Jeff Davis had specifically stated no fairies, which is a lie now, the Bean Sidhe is a fae woman, it's in the name...

I don't care too much for love-triangles, when shows introduce them it suddenly seems to become only about that... maybe they can enter into a polyamorous relationship, could be new and edgy!
But I'm not sure that's where they are angling, to me the whole first part of the season has been used to show connections (sometimes coming off as romantic in nature) and relationships between characters.

We've seen Isaac-scott, Isaac-allison, Isaac-Derek, there was a allusion to Isaac-Cora, and we had a look into his feelings about Peter, how he connected with Boyd too.
Basically we lack a connection to Lydia for Isaac as of now.
with Stiles we have Stiles-Lydia, Stiles-Scott, Stiles-Peter, Stiles-Derek, Stiles-Sheriff, Stiles-Cora, we had a tentative Stiles-Boyd.
I'm going to stop here xD But basically I'm not going to think the Isaac Allison thing has to be romantic in nature.

More+
Flag
In my opinion Alison and Isaac should be together but in a very subtle way. I trust Jeff on this because he usually stays away from other TV show's cliches so i hope there isn't a love triangle. Or maybe is just Isaac who falls in love with her rather than both. So far the smartest thing of the show is to keep Scott and Alison on their own and Jeff is not using them for drama sake THANK GOD!
Flag
Like I said, not feeling it, she actively tried to kill him, she might be sane and stuff now, but I'd prefer friendship between those two if it had to be anything.
I like the lack of Allison and Scott drama mostly because it hasn't been needed.
Flag
heyyyyyyy! I care about Cora, I wish scott and cora would hook up to complicate things with Allison! =D
Flag
Sometimes I really like Cora, and I certainly like having her in the character mix, but she's really whiny and foolish a lot of the time. She seems happy to see Derek when she first arrives in Season 3, but she's catty when he turns out to be struggling with his alpha status and situation despite the fact that she's been missing for six years and has shown no previous interest in reconnecting with family members who all think her dead. (There may be a supernatural reason for this, but until then, I don't think she has too much room to complain.) She's extremely hot-headed and ready to attack Ennis in Derek's apartment even though she has no chance of winning. She attacks Aiden, again with no chance of winning and possibly exacerbating the whole situation, and then complains that Scott, Stiles and Lydia aren't doing anything to avenge Boyd. She chides everyone else for acting selfishly and immaturely, but she does nothing to improve any situation, doesn't consult others or consider how her actions may affect them, and doesn't recognize the contributions others make.
Flag
The "J/K I DON'T HAVE LIPS" caption cracked me up! I love the recaps on here! :)
Flag
Isn't that Darach's werewolf sacrifice failed?
Flag
I wonder about that too, like if maybe it was her attempt to jump right to guardians? That would seem to have been the only category that they all fit into (I mean, I suppose warrior but not healer since they can only reduce pain and not really teacher). Perhaps while she could do any of the surrounding ones in any order, the guardians have to come last (I actually might guess if she were to be successful on that one, she might actually not be able to kill any one further). It seems really strange now, especially if she wants their help in protecting her.
Flag
First of all, because I (literally) just jumped on the Teen Wolf train, I've avoided being on forums/Tumblr until I got caught up. I had not seen/read any theories in regards to the Darach and Lydia. So:

1- After the flashback episode (Frayed), where we learn more about the Alpha Pack and the Demon Wolf, I have to choose him over the Darach. (Poor Derek, I actually thought he was gonna get a break. Nothing good ever happens to him.)
2- I knew right from the start of the episode that the Teacher was the bad guy. Not before, though. It was the way she acted at the beginning... I knew something was off.
3- How AWESOME was Lydia's revelation?! Super awesome. A FREAKING BANSHEE. Love it.
4- And I'm game for a love triangle. I'm loving Isaac, and I think a little drama will be good for the romance of the show. (Again, poor Derek.) I'm thinking Isaac will want to be with Allison, but his loyalty to Scott will keep him from acting on it... until it gets to be too much for any of them. Allison didn't look so put off by him ;)

Great episode, awesome writing, I love that Stiles's dad is now in the know (not so cool that he was taken, though). I wanna know why Cora isn't healing. Why can't Derek help her with his Alpha powers... or something?
More+
Flag
Ya ... me too had a very bad feeling about that eng teacher from the begining...(Poor Derek!For godsake give him a break??!!)
Flag
Haha Price, you are seriously the best. Laughed so much at the "Florence + the Machine" caption!
Flag
Ms. Blake and The Darach and Lydia as a Banshee have bee the most popular theories on the imdb boards since the the beginning of the season, so no big surprises there. Also The Darach was not going to kill Lydia because she was a philosopher, it's because she was a liability as "The Girl Who Knew Too Much."
Flag
-IMHO-the reveal wasn't that shocking, she's a new character and I kinda knew..guess it was her when she said Harris is missing and then quickly 'corrected' that he was sick, It was like she knew he's not coming back. Maybe the next new character is gonna be bad also.. and Lydia is a Banshee, does that means every time she scream, someone's gonna die? and since the shape taken by the bitten reflects their true self, is that what happened to Lydia after Peter bite her.. Jackson did turned to kanima, so does that means anything/anyone can happen just from a bite? but then again, a Banshee is not a Shapeshifter... that's just my opinion and this episode is awesome.
Flag
Sorry Price, but Tumblr had already guessed Jennifer was the Darach and just KNEW Lydia was a banshee since The Dark Ages basically.
Flag
What's funny though, just like with Jackson last year, I had totally talked myself out of both of those things.
Flag
Well, honestly I really didn't want to believe the Jennifer part, just because I REALLY want to see Derek happy for once, but I knew Lydia was a banshee, she just HAD to be. I guess anyway it's still so much better when you're surprised though, isn't it?
Flag
Yeah, but so far Teen Wolf has saved the actual surprises for the last couple episodes, like Gerard's actual plan and Scott's counter to it, I didn't see either coming and I was very pleasantly surprised. I am kind of curious what will happen this year. You should have heard my theories on both the Darach and Lydia...I think my oddest one was that because Lydia was immune, nature needed to balance and so created a shadow self (the Darach).
Flag
Wow, that's intricate! But really cool at the same time! and no, I didn't see the part with Gerard coming either and I LOVED that Scott was one step ahead of him for once since his character isn't always portrayed as very smart, you know? It was refreshing and powerful, just amazing! And judging from the constantly high level the episodes have been keeping this year I just can't wait for season 3 finale!!!
Flag
perfect! <3
Flag
One thing that you get out of this episode is how now startlingly low staffed the school will be. With the death of the history acher and the fact that mrs. blake can no longer tach there who in the hell does that school have left? Morell and the coach were already covering 2 classes will they now have to cover 3..maybe 4?
Flag
I'm surprised the school is still open, tbh, there have been that many missing faculty members and dead kids. Even Buffy tended to limit the teacher death most of the time. Right up until they blew up the school.
Flag
Although, thinking back on it... there was that teacher who got eaten by a giant preying mantis. And the principal was eaten by hyena students and Angelus murdered Jenny...

Maybe Teen Wolf's just continuing the tradition.
Flag
Final theory on Jennifer/Paige/Darach:

Imo Paige really is Jennifer (and therefore the slashed up girl found in the woods roghly 10 years ago). And I think that the story told by Peter was just that....a story (at least for the most part).

The question is: How could it be possible for Paige to be a druid and to become the Darach, since nothing in that direction has been implied at all?

By now I think that Paige was the daughter of an emissaries from one of the Alphas in Deucalian's pack (without her knowing about her Mother/Father being a Druid). She herself would have been far too young to be an emissary already (if you look at the age of Deaton, Kendra etc.). But this means that she decends from a Druid-line...so she would actually inherit their "power"/abilities.

This explains why the bite failed to stick and how she was able to leech the lifeforce from the birds during the hospital incident.

This would also explain why she is after Deucalian's pack, since they are responsible for the death of her Mother/Father.

And this would also fall in line with the seemingly legitimate feelings for Derek.
More+
Flag
There is still an open question everyone seems to forget: Who was the girl in the first episode who saved Isaac?? She seemed to know that Scott was gonna be an Alpha but I wanna know who the fuck she is and why she knew so much.
Flag
I have had a theory, and now I have a name for it, is that she was kind of an emissary in training, perhaps even the one who was intended to be Scott's emissary (since she was already referring to him as Alpha) and maybe was trying to head off Jennifer who, maybe, she knew about and that was actually why she was so freaked out by the fact that it was 9:00 in the morning which I think was the day of the birds. Like, she has no love lost for the Alphas either and might totally agree with why Jennifer is doing what she is doing but, like Scott, was trying to stop a conflict before it began. I am going to take a wild guess she might not be dead though and like Morell got her out of there because, well, I think Lydia would have been aware of a murder occurring in the basement of the school. But, maybe she is finally healed enough to show up next week to help Alison, Isaac and Chris as they are trapped outside of the hospital just to help get inside the actual conflict that is going on inside.
Flag
Yeah, I've been wondering when she will come back up in the story. I'm confident she was killed at the end of the premiere episode, but her knowledge of the situation suggests that she was part of another group that has been monitoring Deucalion's activities, another cluster of druid emissaries perhaps or another cluster of hunters a little more moderate than most of the Argents so far.

I do look forward to it though.
Flag
I wish someone would have asked about her to Jeff Davis at comic con.
Flag
Right, but didn't she die? The Alphas killed her, if I remember correctly.
Flag
Jeff Davis has been asked about this before and has implied that she isn't dead or at the very least is still going to play a role be it in flash backs or something else. So I'm of the opinion that she isn't dead
Flag
So much this.
Flag
Okay, I love Lydia being a Banshee. That means that the show is focusing specifically on Irish myths (with the druids) But how exactly does that fits with the greek mythology last episode?

Anyhow... I'm having trouble believing Jennifer was the Darach. Much like Matt being the Kenima master made no sense. Does DEMON WOLF not know who she is? And more importnatly, how did she know when to expose and when to hide?

Why didn't she do anything to boyd and cora when they were about to attack her? She knew Derek was coming? And why didn't she overcome the wolftron twins when they kidnapped her? She knew what they were up to?!?

I guess the episode implied that she got stronger with the sacrifices, but still. It just doesn't fit very well.

Also, the things she was sacrificing were: Virgins, Warriors, Guardians, Philosophers and healers - So where exactly do the werewolves sacrifices from the motel add up here? That clearly was the Darach Lydia saw in the fire.

And how the bloody heck did the sheriff find Lydia? Scott and co found her since they could hear her scream. The sheriff? Even if we assume he knew it was Jeniffer and wanted to confront her, why did he decide to go to her classroom in the middle of the night where she would not be expected to be?
Likewise, how did he know to get to the bank last episode? His explanation was rather weak. Is it possible he knows more than he is letting on?

overall loved the episode but I'm just so confused.
So Jennifer is actually Paige? Derke's first girlfriend?
She came back from the grave to avenge her death or something?
I thought that Deaton said Darach are druid who go over to the dark side.
Was Paige a druid?!?

More+
Flag
Yes the stuff about Jennifer not fighting against Boyd and Cora bugged me too! Even is she was powerless back then, her reaction to them approaching before Derek came makes her totally innocent, she was alone so she didn't have to fake it!
Flag
Other people have suggested that since she hadn't sacrificed the warriors yet, she didn't have the strength or fighting ability at the time to fight off Boyd or Cora, let alone both of them together, crazy out of their minds on moon juice. From Deaton and his mountain ash, it's implied that druids typically need to be planners to stay alive and ahead of the game, Morrell too seems more cerebral than powerful, either magically or physically. I'm personally of the opinion that she was smart enough to see where Deucalion was going before he killed all his betas and made herself invaluable to him, thus keeping her own life.

The werewolves from the hotel, I've already said that I don't think they were sacrifices. Perhaps it was a long shot way to get rid of Ethan when he was vulnerable and on his own (I think the key to defeating the twins is to keep them apart, also, maybe if they're not in sync with each other, they can't form the Wolftron megazor, which could be important, given the Danny situation)... but it was unpredictable and there was no way of knowing about the motel etc. etc. Unless she manipulated it to get them there. But then why roll the match at the end to kill Scott, unless she was mad at Stiles because he saved Ethan and it would have been Scott who was the collateral damage. Basically Motel California, while entertaining, is a difficult episode from a season wide pov.

As for the Sheriff, that's the easiest explanation. He went to the school, he asked someone if they'd seen her and they said 'yeah, I just saw her head into her classroom' or 'She just stepped out, try her classroom'. There were people around who knew her, he knew who he was looking for and what building she would be in. It's not a great leap of logic. Or maybe he followed Lydia to ask her if she'd seen Ms Blake. I would agree with you on the bank, though, that was weird. But from his reactions this episode, I'd say it was positive that he had no idea about the werewolves, either that or he's a completely different character from the one we've been watching for the last 2 and a half seasons.
More +
Flag
Scott at the motel: It's possible that Jennifer is trying to kill the Alpha Pack because she knows their plans. Deucalion's plans involve Scott. Maybe she saw a quick opportunity to deny Deucalion what he's working towards by getting Scott to kill himself—not necessarily her main strategy but a chance that was available right then.
Flag
I'm not sure how much she knows about Deucalion's plans. If she is, as has been insinuated, one of Deucalion's alpha's previous emissaries left for dead after being mauled, I'm not sure whether or not it matters whether she's in on his plan or not.

However, her interest in Derek makes the wolfsbane whistle ploy somewhat interesting. She may have been attempting to eliminate a chunk of Derek's pack as well as the alpha twins--even if Aiden didn't make the bus. I can't decide how genuine she is about Derek.
Flag
Random question:

Are we sure that the Darach (aka Ms Blake, aka Derek's booty call, aka Jennifer, aka the warning on what happens if you get too many facelifts) is working alone?

Harris was definitely working with her (and I'd love to get more insight into that little relationship). Is it possible that she has other accomplices and if so, who?
Flag
excuse me, is there a summerbreak or something. can´t find the new title and airdate of the upcoming episode on the website
Flag
As others have said, there is a fall/winter hiatus. After Season 3A wraps up in a few more episodes, it will resume the first week of January 2014 with Season 3B.

I really like the schedule. I think it improves storytelling if each season is basically a mini-season of 12 episodes with a few months between each run. I was a little worried when they originally announced the 24-episode renewal and I've been very impressed with how they chose to schedule and plan it.
Flag
It is next Monday and is called "The Overlooked". From here there are three new episodes until January 6, 2014.
Flag
Yea theres a freaking break... Wont come back till 1/6/14
Flag
Not for another 3 episodes. This part of the season finishes on 19th August, from what I can find. That's three more episodes of awesome before we suffer the 3 and a half months of woe.
Flag
Well.. Derek's pack needs an emissary. It can be Jennifer..and she can redeem her crazy self.

I am just kidding.. that would never happen. I think...

Derek's pack now consists of Cora and Peter. They definitely need some guidance lol
Flag
And, technically, Isaac. He may be living with Scott, but I don't know that he's divorced himself from Derek's pack, and Scott's not yet an alpha.
Flag
Why so much hate against Jennifer? I actually like her more now for being the Darach. She is against the Alpha pack the ones who killed Boyd and Erica and they don't get as much hate. The Alphas "killed" her so she has motivations She just killed some innocent people aka meaningless secondary characters so who cares?

Flag
Cause before the reveal of her as the second evil of the season, she was the most boring pointless character on the show.
She didn't fit in at all in the story.
In my opinion thank god she's the twisted druid otherwise she should have a quick brutal death as some form of message to give the character a point beyond tittering and being dull.
She is a victim of the Alpha pack, but she did turn to the dark side so to speak, and I for one think its like Scott's True Alpha possibility, if you ruin it by killing once, it's gone forever, so she can never return to being a good druid.
Flag
Actually, I like her now because there actually is a her now. Before this episode there just wasn't enough of her to like or dislike as a character and I mainly disliked the way her relationship with Derek was portrayed because it seemed unrealistic and out of character with what we knew about him and what a normal person's reactions to those situations would be.

Now she's a bad guy, I'm still not sure I want her and Derek together (because that's definitely a betrayal of trust and, if she was behind the wolfsbane on the bus, then she threatened his betas - neither of which I think Derek would be impressed with) but I do want her to stick around, or at least have an awesome ending to her storyline.

(Should probably point out that I'm not a Sterek shipper.)
Flag
Honestly, it is probably all Sterek worship back lash and then on top of that until she was revealed she was kind of thrust upon us with not a lot of information. I didn't mind her and the part that interested me was since Derek liked her, it sort of opened up a door about Derek that I didn't know about (which is also what makes me think it was Derek in that background story and not Peter as many think) where he likely was a literature major in college, that he actually went to college, etcetera. I think now that she is the bad guy, well, I find her more interesting but sort of the same way I felt about Jackson. You go from having mild feelings about a character to holy crap she's the bad guy to likely learning some reasons we might totally agree with as to what she is trying to do but the method is crazy. I think like Matt last year most people were like, get over yourself dude, but you can understand how what happened screwed him up.
Flag
I will be a bit disappointed if Derek and Jennifer get even more involved/a deeper connection and all that, because she is a dark druid/a murderer. It would annoy me if he is going to protect her! She needs to die this season or something.
Flag
I did not guess that the teacher was the Darach. I also did not guess Lydia was a banshee. I like both reveals a lot though!

It's getting a little complicated and confusing, but I love it! Everyone seem to have their own agenda. Poor Derek though, for liking that murderous teacher...

Teen Wolf is awesome!

I don't like the Allison-Isaac-Scott triangle... Allison is so annoying that I wouldn't even mind her dying, but if she's gonna live then she needs to be with Scott. He's already "been there". I want better for Isaac, lol.
Flag
I don't think that Jennifer is also Paige, but I think that because Paige died on the Druid tree that somehow her love for Derek got transferred to Jennifer and that's why Derek and she were drawn together so quickly
Flag
Hmmm.. I forgot about the stupid tree. I suppose that will factor in soon.

I don't think Paige is Jennifer either. And Jennifer used to be pretty normal. I wonder which pack she was an emissary of?

Morella.. or..what is her name.. KENDRA she's Deucalion's emissary.

Who really is responsible for Jennifer's death? Ennis Kali or the twins..
Flag
I doubt she was Ennis's, given that he's already dead and it would really lessen the drama if she were like 'oh yeah, the one who actually almost killed me is already dead, but I want the rest as well!'.

I'm thinking she's probably Kali's. Especially since Kali seems to have taken against Derek so much. It would be an interesting symmetry.
Flag
Very much liked this episode and review. Just one question: How did the hospital get such a nice before picture of the Darach if she was a Jane D'O & mutilated at the time?
Flag
Its probably her license photo
Flag
...but then she wouldn´t be a Jane Doe...
Flag
I wondered the exact same thing about the picture on the report. I guess it's just bad producing... Unless she carries a selfie around?
Flag
True...hmmm...well, I've been confused as it appeared to be a full fledged adult and not like a sixteen year old girl (I would estimate Jennifer Blake to be appearing to be about 26) and then someone who looks totally different. And then you wonder if Jennifer Blake's face is just an illusion or is her real face. Heck, I don't know. There has to be a reason they showed us when they didn't have to.
Flag
Haley Webb in AfterBuzz
  • Jennifer loves Derek.
  • Jennifer’s love for Derek comes into play in the next episodes.
  • Their love is deeper than shown.
  • The Paige theory might be related to Jennifer.
  • Apparently, there will be explanations about the emissaries.
  • There is something in it for Jen (the sacrifices). But it’s done for a greater good.
  • Love could become a strength for her.
  • There could be more to the piano player’s death or she could just be collateral damage as a result of the Darach’s power.
  • She kissed the sheriff to show off her “seduction powers" after killing the virgins.
  • Lydia and Scott’s hand holding is just a sign of comfort.
  • Haley Webb had a feeling Jennifer wasn’t as good as she seemed.
  • Derek ties in to Jennifer’s plan.
  • It’s not explained why the twins feel each other’s pain.
  • In relation of the murdered emissaries, Haley can’t comment.
Flag
-------------- CAUTION ---------------
---- Possible mild spoilers below ----

-------------- CAUTION ---------------
---- Possible mild spoilers below ----

Haley Webb in AfterBuzz

Jennifer loves Derek.
Jennifer’s love for Derek comes into play in the next episodes.
Their love is deeper than shown.
The Paige theory might be related to Jennifer.
Apparently, there will be explanations about the emissaries.
There is something in it for Jen (the sacrifices). But it’s done for a greater good.
Love could become a strength for her.
There could be more to the piano player’s death or she could just be collateral damage as a result of the Darach’s power.
She kissed the sheriff to show off her “seduction powers" after killing the virgins.
Lydia and Scott’s hand holding is just a sign of comfort.
Haley Webb had a feeling Jennifer wasn’t as good as she seemed.
Derek ties in to Jennifer’s plan.
It’s not explained why the twins feel each other’s pain.
In relation of the murdered emissaries, Haley can’t comment.

Flag
Lol.

Thank you :)

Sorry for the fuss.
Flag
That's better I guess ;-)
Flag
I am really curious about Jennifer's main goal, like if she is trying to become Derek's emissary (he is an Alpha and technically doesn't have one) and because she might be insane she thought taking care of his Alpha problem would cure it. I am also kind of wondering if she has a connection to the Motorcycle Girl, like maybe she was supposed to be either Derek or Scott's emissary.
Flag
None of these are spoilers.

Haley Webb stated most of this in the after-special that aired a week or so ago after Teen Wolf.

It looked like to me though as she was talking about each group...she was exhibiting the powers of that group. And its pretty obvious she's amping up for a show down with the Alphas.

My only question is..which pack did she belong to. Not Deucalion's..

It would be awesome if she were Kali's.. and she kills Kali..cause I can't stand her and her toenails lol
Flag
I don't watch the after special... I live in the UK and I'm barely aware that it exists (what is it exactly? Like Dr Who Confidential (which I also didn't watch because of spoilers)?), and as it contains information outside the actual canon (that would be the episodes themselves) then it can be considered spoilers by some people (which would be me).

Although, as I said before, different things are spoilers to different people and I need to be better at avoiding them.
Flag
\o/ Called it on the power from the virgins and the reason for the sheriff kiss.

Love? Groooooooooss! I'm sorry, I don't believe the only way to take down an alpha pack REQUIRES the murder of 15 innocent people. Heather! Tara! Argh. There are definitely better plans. She is inexcusable and by definition a dark twist of nature. I hope, hope, hope Derek doesn't get sucked back in.
Flag
I really need to stop hanging around here if I want to keep avoiding spoilers. :(
Flag
Ugh I just like the theories that are in the comments, and when people point out things you miss. =/
Flag
Yeah, that's always my thing. I love theorising, but I hate knowing because it ruins the surprise. Is there a spoiler-phobe community for Teen Wolf anywhere on the internet? Because I would join the hell out of that!
Flag
Wait... Derek had sex with the Darach ?!!!! Ok now the Scisaac can blossom in broad daylight!
Flag
Nice article Price.
I think I'm going to go for team Demon Wolf right now; maybe because we kinda probably have a mutual enemy - Gerrard... Yes, I guessed the Darach's identity. I never trusted Jennifer, the way she just accepted the whole Derek's wolf thing, she wasn't scared, didn't have to questions to ask about the whole thing. She just seem to understand and accepted that made think she probably wasn't asking coz she knows it all like she might be the architect... I just knew she was relevant somehow so coming out as the Darach was just like a harsh reality confirmed for me.
About Lydia, I never saw that coming. I didn't even know what a banshee was until after I watched that episode and I had to go read about it.
I really don't think I want to start understanding any relationship issues right now, there are enough complications as it is... But, the Alison-Isaac, Scott-Lydia and possibly Stiles-Cora relationships might not be such bad ideas... I mean, not much romance booming anywhere presently save for the Ethan-Danny and Derek-Jennifer which probably is over now.
But whatever, the show sure us getting more Awesome episode by episode
More+
Flag
Nice article Price.
I think I'm going to go for team Demon Wolf right now; maybe because we kinda probably have a mutual enemy - Gerrard... Yes, I guessed the Darach's identity. I never trusted Jennifer, the way she just accepted the whole Derek's wolf thing, she wasn't scared, didn't have to questions to ask about the whole thing. She just seem to understand and accepted that made think she probably wasn't asking coz she knows it all like she might be the architect... I just knew she was relevant somehow so coming out as the Darach was just like a harsh reality confirmed for me.
About Lydia, I never saw that coming. I didn't even know what a banshee was until after I watched that episode and I had to go read about it.
I really don't think I want to start understanding any relationship issues right now, there are enough complications as it is... But, the Alison-Isaac, Scott-Lydia and possibly Stiles-Cora relationships might not be such bad ideas... I mean, not much romance booming anywhere presently save for the Ethan-Danny and Derek-Jennifer which probably is over now.
But whatever, the show sure us getting more Awesome episode by episode
More+
Flag
i guessed the teacher had something to do with the murders, maybe controlled the Darach in a Kanima stylee...not the banshee though, which isn't really a killing being, just appearing or wailing when someone is about to die..
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members