A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television (Returning Summer 2017)

Teen Wolf S03E10: "The Overlooked"

That clackety noise you hear is the sound of a roller coaster gearing up for its big descent. The vague smell of funnel cake, the distant scream of a seagull, the fumes from the freshly airbrushed t-shirt you got with your name on it. We're high above a bustling boardwalk enjoying a one final, weird, silent moment of excitement before we throw our hands up and let the real fun begin. There's something truly magical about the final episodes of a serialized teen supernatural drama, especially when it's a show like Teen Wolf where every episode was designed to make the pay-off feel more substantial. Sure it's been fun the whole time, but you know things are getting serious when the characters don't go to bed anymore. We're now at the point where there may not be anymore ordinary school days or casual banter or towel scenes. Just lots of exhausting-looking jumping, screaming, scheming, and seething and it just feels so right. Look at us, we're already barreling toward the finale and "The Overlooked" was only the first of three more episodes? Has the season finale been stretched across all three this time? Is that even allowed? Can Teen Wolf DO that? It sure feels that way.

"The Overlooked" was terrific. Maybe we should just talk about it? Let's just talk about it.

This episode emerged from the womb IN TOTAL CHAOS. Thunder, lightning, a light drizzle, and EPIC music. This was not going to be a great night for anybody, but least of all Beacon Hills' only licensed nurse.

Apparently normal-seeming wind and rain were enough to completely devastate the town's power grid, which obviously called into question the town's infrastructure and basic utility safeguards, but those things didn't matter at the moment because branches were breaking all the windows and all six of the hospital's patients needed to be driven to other hospitals in other towns where storms don't go!

But lookit who the last remaining patient was: Cora! She was being hovered over by her undead werewolf uncle who had gotten so frazzled by the storm that he decided to go nude under his cardigan!

This run-in between Peter Hale and Mrs. McCall was amazing because remember that time he took her out on a date because he had bitten her teenage son and transformed him into a supernatural abomination before he went and got himself murdered in the woods by everybody and then turned into a ghost that enlisted a banshee to shine a moonbeam on his grave and resurrect him into a four-times sexier snark monster? But it was all water under the bridge at this point, and by water under the bridge I mean black werewolf vomit on the hospital floor.

Cora was not feeling or looking great!

Meanwhile, apparently a few minutes after Derek heard a banshee scream he left Cora's bedside at the hospital (which was under attack by tree branches) to return to his loft? Where his poseur ladyfriend had shown up after very quickly dropping off Stiles' dad somewhere? Look I don't know how much time had passed since the last episode except tons of characters were still chilling at the high school after the concert, so I'm going to go with it being between 6 and 14 minutes later. But yeah anyway, the Dark Druid lady was trying to pre-emptively convince Derek that he shouldn't listen to whatever lies Scott and Stiles would tell him, especially if they were about her being a Dark Druid or something crazy like that. It wasn't clear how Derek factored into her plan or why she even cared what he thought so I just assumed it was because she anticipated she'd probably thirsty for D again and didn't want to ruin things with her main hookup.

Unfortunately Scott and Stiles had beaten her to the loft. They had also apparently raced there after Stiles' father was stolen, probably because just texting or phoning or paging Derek would not have been a good enough way to tell him that his girlfriend was made of moths.

This was the best: She tried to play it off like they were a bunch of lying rascals, and Scott responded by just throwing a bunch of ground-up mistletoe IN HER FACE!

Haha nice try lady. So yeah, anyway, we were still in the cold open and Derek finally knew the truth about his boo.

But instead of ripping her throat out right away, they all realized that they needed her to tell them where Stiles' father was being kept. Also she really, really wanted to help them fight the Alpha pack because OH YEAH this whole conflict is really just between her and the Alpha pack. If it weren't for her predilection for mass murder and targeting their loved ones for human sacrifice, Scott and the gang could've just stayed in and made it a Blockbuster night. Which really calls into question the Darach's decisionmaking. If she'd just sort of targeted nobodies from a neighboring town instead of messing with the loved ones of extremely powerful and heroic supernatural creatures, she probably could've destroyed the Alpha pack a long time ago and been sipping a Mai-Tai in Cabo by now. I don't know, I'm probably getting ahead of myself.

So anyway, next thing we knew they were all at the now-evacuated hospital looking for Cora and Peter. Unfortunately they were intercepted by an amalgamated pair of fisting hunks!

The difference now, of course, was that Ethan and Aiden were more sympathetic than before and didn't seem to want to murder our friends at the moment. They were just there to do a job, specifically to help find and kill the Darach.

The Darach being the Darach, she took the opportunity to slip into the elevator and run away. Oh, the Darach.

Unfortunately she got off on the wrong floor:

At this point if you were me, you were like, 'Wait, hold up, Darach? Aren't you super powerful and junk? Why are you afraid of some skinny werewolf lady with black press-on toenails?' But that's when this happened:

So yeah. The Darach loves to split her time seeming super vulnerable and super powerful, just depends on what any given scene calls for. I mean if I were the Darach, THE DEMON WOLF would've been carried away by moths and dropped into a volcano months ago.

So back at the high school Allison and Isaac were still there chillin like people who don't have much to talk about and are probably going to start making out any minute now if only to break the ice. At some point Allison's dad showed up and they all three realized they weren't included in the main storyline and immediately decided to fix that problem. To the hospital!

Despite being one of the few medical professionals in town with the power to save lives, Mrs. McCall was still hanging around the hospital, just enjoying some Me time. It was pretty fun when she encountered THE DEMON WOLF and just sort of nonchalantly fingered him as the Big Bad:

See, again, I love it so much that Mrs. McCall is "in the know" (which is a figure of speech I just made up, do you like it?) and savvy about what her son's been up to. She was already one of the most likable moms on TV but now she's legit heroic also. Just FYI this image of the Alphas' glowing eyes was like food for my nightmares and trust me my nightmares were not exactly starving.

The twins meanwhile were roaming around trying to find where the gang was hiding and they took a few beats to shirtlessly debate about whether murdering their classmates was a good idea or not. The one that climbs all over Danny preferred not to murder people, but the other one reasoned that their main goal was to pre-emptively kill the Dark Druid that is trying to kill them. Which, fair enough. The problem was that when they crumple their bodies together into a behemoth with an unfortunate T-zone, they have to compromise on where their fists can punch. So that is just tons of conflict right there. Sometimes the idea of being a werewolf twin does not seem very fun.

Anyway, after her attempted escape didn't work out, this lady decided to return and play it off like she was only pretending to leave them high & dry.

The deal was that the Darach would fix Cora (who was puking up so much mistletoe at this point) but only if they could safely transport the Darach to safety. In order to do that they'd have to sneak into the hospital garage and in order to do that they'd have to distract the twins. In a move that probably gave 100% of viewers an uncomfortable tingling sensation, none other than Peter Hale stepped up to personally fight the Alphas! (But don't get your hopes up, he would not be turning into a CGI cartoon in this episode or even wolf out in any way. But still. Hale heroics, you feel me?)

I loved this part: Scott found an enormous needle of drugs that I guess doctors use to inject into peoples' hearts when they are Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction but Derek pointed out that injecting the twins with this would only make them stronger and so cut to THIS:

Oh, Peter.

#LetsRumble

Anyway, the plan basically worked because pretty soon Stiles was chilling with a comatose Cora in the back of an ambulance. Except, whoops, she stopped breathing!

Luckily he knew CPR:

I think that during the flashback episode Stiles and Cora talked in each others' general direction a bunch so that means they are falling in love maybe? I don't know but it sort of seemed that way. Stiles definitely told her that next time he puts his lips on hers he hoped that she would be conscious.

Which was sweet, but also, um, weird.

Meanwhile the Argents and their orphan friend showed up at the hospital!

At one point Isaac got down and pressed his face against the hospital floor so that he could try and figure out where everyone in the hospital was. Not sure why I felt the need to point this out. Not sure of anything ever, in general. (Oh and this isn't super related but have you seen Immortals? I recently stayed up until dawn watching it and it was one of the top ten best decisions of my life. I mean it had Klaus AND Isaac? And THIS happens?)

Anyway, suddenly Scott was back in the hallway facing down the Alpha behemoth once again.

But it was all prelude to this classic TV mom moment:

Hahah perfect. Again, see what I'm saying about Mrs. McCall? Her monster education is now complete. The only thing left is for us to figure out with whom to ship her. Stiles' dad? Mr. Argent? Peter Hale? THE DEMON WOLF? Don't look at me like that, you know there was some weird tension during their confrontation. It was almost to the point where I began to question if THE DEMON WOLF was Scott's dad or not. I mean probably not because Mrs. McCall didn't seem to recognize him or hit him up for child support, but you never know with monsters these days. Just shapeshifting and/or changing their faces whenever they feel like it.

Speaking of which. Derek and the Dark Druid were trapped in an elevator and their conversation took a turn for the hilarious. Obviously he was very much over her and we can assume it had a lot to do with the fact that she was an unrepentant mass murderer of innocents. But the hilarious part was that she was mostly just concerned that he had seen her true face and wouldn't think she was pretty anymore. Oh please, ugly, get real!

So at this point the Darach monologued about what had happened to her face, which was intercut with Kali and THE DEMON WOLF discussing their roles in the Darach's backstory.

Apparently Jennifer aka Julia aka Future Darach was Kali's druidic emissary and former bestie. When THE DEMON WOLF commanded that Kali murder her entire pack including the emissary, Kali couldn't bring herself to 100% murder Julia, so she just 99% murderered her, ripped a lot of her face and mouth off, and then left her for dead.

Unfortunately for Kali and the Alpha pack, the 1% of Julia that was still alive dragged its sorry butt ten feet over to where an ancient tree stump was and it turned out that stump's roots went down into the weird cellar from the flashback episode where Derek had snapped the neck of his teenage girlfriend. So, basically, to sum things up, Derek had accidentally "sacrificed a virgin" back then and therefore the dead girlfriend's power had absorbed into the tree roots and gave Julia just enough life essence to stay alive and plot a decades-in-the-making revenge on them all. Simple, really.

Oh, and if you're interested in how mistletoe came to be a thing, she also told this big long story about how the Norse god Loki once murdered his brother with a harmless, overlooked herb, and now the Darach considered herself to be overlooked and therefore harmful and, you know what? Doesn't really matter. It still makes me laugh that mistletoe is being treated as a dangerous weapon. LOL sure. But how was she jamming it down peoples' throats though? Did she put mistletoe in Cora's Kix? The Darach is such a weirdo. A weirdo who was still, despite everything, so thirsty for Derek's D. Not that he was having it anymore.

Meanwhile those who weren't trapped in elevators or dying in ambulances convened to figure out how to once again distract the roving band of murderous Alphas so that Mrs. McCall could turn the power back on and free Derek and his lipless ex from the elevator.

So yeah, I don't know why the plan involved a brand new shiny version of a car that I had assumed was discontinued in '99, but here we were. Also this was cute:

Just so we're clear, this was a product placement within a product placement. But it still gave us a chance to see Isaac and Allison videochat about how nervous they both were. Should they just make out already? If only so they each get it out of their systems and can go back to pining after Scott.

So then the plan was put into motion!

The werewolves chased after someone they THOUGHT was the Darach and then they assembled into attack formation:

But it was a classic Argent switcheroo! The Argents are the best. I love this family so much. I was hoping for a cutaway to the ghost of Mrs. Argent sitting on a mailbox just watching all proud, but maybe next week. Anyway, those werewolves got shot UP and ran away into the bushes. Bye, haters!

Right when the power flipped back on, the Darach turned back into an ugly burn victim and that's when Derek realized he'd been PUNK'D.

That lady didn't care about his pity at all! She just wanted his friends to protect her so that she could scoop up Scott's mom for sacrificial purposes! That's because it turned out the final trifecta of victims, "Guardians," referred to PARENTS. So Mrs. McCall, along with Stiles' dad, would be the next sacrifice.

Ah, the tables just kept on turning. At this point Scott was presented with an offer:

THE DEMON WOLF offered to help Scott destroy the Darach and save his mom.

So although the episode began with the idea that our heroes would join up with the Darach to defeat the Alpha pack, it now appeared as though our heroes would join up with the Alpha pack to defeat the Darach. And all it would cost Scott was his very freedom and perhaps soul!

As for the parents, we found out where the Darach had taken them: That weird sacrificial tree root cellar!

Poor guardians. Part of me was hoping that the Darach had ALSO scooped up Mr. Argent, thus making all three of the kids' single parents the final victims. But then he wouldn't be able to bust into a room firing two guns and we all know that is Mr. Argent's #1 favorite thing to do. Busting into a room firing two guns. So it's probably for the best he wasn't kidnapped just yet. Still though, two beloved parents are now in danger! The Darach definitely makes questionable decisions when it comes to strategy, but one thing is definitely clear: She seems very mean! She is just a mean lady in general.

"The Overlooked" was not only a very good and fun episode, it felt like merely the beginning of what may prove to be a three episode long finale. Which just feels right. You know? Teen Wolf deserves nothing less. I want more, I want it, I love it and want it all.

OK BYE STAY SAFE

QUESTIONS:

... Who is the bigger threat to our heroes' well-being: The Darach or the Alpha pack?

... What is less attractive: The Darach's real face or her love of murder?

... With whom do you ship Mrs. McCall?

... Did you like Peter Hale's sweater?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/31/2017

Season 6 : Episode 10

797 Comments
Comments (797)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I still think Chris Argent is hot and I feel less guilty about it every episode.
Flag
I am kind of depressed knowing that the darach will die in either episode 11 or 12. The actress who plays her really has done a fantastic job in these last couple of episode of turning opinion around. She's a monster but I've seen people change their opinion of her even though she's targeting our beloved parents.
Flag
Awesome episode,awesome recap. I missed Lydia though and the [clip clop clip clop] made me miss The Secret Circle so much.
Flag
*Bowing Down* "Price Daiheika". As always, awesome recap to an awesome episode. You have that much hold on our consciousness now that whenever I watch any new episode, half the time I re-laugh on your 'would be' captions in subsequent recaps... credits to you Sir.

On other note as I said earlier, since this fandom is so awesome and there isn't anything left to say I suppose. Though I would like to state a minor observation that I made... TW has always been blatantly blunt on hints and easter eggs.

1. Of all things and dialogues this episode I managed to catch Stiles insistence on having a plan B and lo, as Mrs McCall restart the generator we see "East Wing Level B".
It can be completely out of place prop dep's decision. It can be deviously crafted hint from Jeff. It can also be that "B" was level empty for shooting... whatever the case... it was the hint for me at least. :D

2. Julia/Jennifer is kind of girl that you once gave your maths notes and she thought it was the valentine's rose... pesky glue. I felt the character motivations were out of place as of yet undisclosed reasons... [fandom speculate she has ingested Paige's desire which overfloweth in her lust]

3. I liked the overlong disposition on "Baldur's untimely demise courtesy Mistletoe". Good. Throw some more bunch of Global Mythos [though Jeff said he wanted Kitsune mythos later... I really hope she doesn't have multiple tails... creepy.]

4.Nematon! I misheard initially and for some reason [my biology studies] I recalled nematode... I had a good laugh for about 5 mins when later I heard the correct pronunciation... though difference isn't that much... considering Jennifer wormy attire... it suits. LOL

5. Now I too feel a bit annoyed on Scott's True Alpha babble... he needs to be frank and responsible... I didn't liked his reaction when Jennifer spilled his secret in front of Stiles [who is supposed to be his best bro], Derek and Peter [understandably untrustworthy] but his reply "It doesn't matter!" Really?
I would really be disappointed with this character devolution if my initial assumption falls onto oblivion... better be that Plan B.

Go Stiles!!!
More+
Flag
What I have noticed is their is a lot plot holes in this season. But that's because Jackson was supposed to play a Huge Role in this season. The Alphas were really coming for him because he was the Kanima when they showed up. The twins went after Danny and Lydia who were close to "Jackson" not Scott. The writers had to change up the the whole story and make up this whole true alpha story to make sense of why the alphas wanted Scott when it really was Jackson and I'm positive if Jackson was still in the show the blue eyes story would of been different as well.
Flag
I don't agree with this. They've been suggesting Scott was a "true alpha" at least since the first half of Season 2, with Derek telling Scott that he knew why he didn't want to join his pack: because he was the leader of his own pack (after Scott and company prevent Derek and his crew from killing Lydia).

Jackson wasn't supposed to play a "huge role": part of the story going around was that they only wanted him for six episodes this season. Jackson's eyes were blue because he killed an innocent, just like this story said. The show is about Scott; having all of season 3 about Jackson being wanted by Ducalion also wouldn't make much sense. No, I think nothing was really changed at all.
Flag
Yeah the whole was that Lydia is important to scott. I just don't buy that. Scott obviously cares about her but aside from one scene in season 2 and in episode 9 of this season they haven't really had any scenes together that indicate they care about each other to much . To me it seems like they are the 2 that hang out because scott likes Alison and Lydia is her friend and vice versa.
Flag
Every "bad" thing that has happened to the show is because of the actors left. The actor who played Jackson and the actress who played Erica left a huge empty spot in the show because they were main characters with very interesting arks. That's why I don't like when people blame Jeff for everything, he is basically screwed up everything an actor wants to leave.
Flag
So much good potential were drained. I didn't know these tidbits... it would really had been more sensible and plot hole free. But I suppose these will be used in good Fanfic. :D
Flag
Stiles & Cora! Or Lydia.... actually you know what, Cora is better! Mrs.McCall is such a Badass! Omg Isaac so cute with the Ms.Blake is 'kinda hot'! xx
Flag
So many comments. I know from the past couple of years of rambling on like a madwoman on these things, that some of the most interesting, analytical, well thought out comments have been on Price's recaps of TW,TVD, and TSC. Shoutout to the ACP! I heart my comrades! I've been skimming, but haven't the time to skim through them all. God you guys are awesome. I feel less like a dork when I see people are just as anlytical as I am.

Flag
Oh Price I <3 your for these things. I really do. This was as awesome as the episode. And the episode was awesome, like super awesome. Like one of the best of the season. Why is Teen Wolf this amazing? I can't take the amazingness. They have to stop, it's too much, stop Teen Wolf, just stop. Wait, don't stop, but just slow it down a little bit so I can just accept the fact that I'm actually in this. I'm in love with a teen supernatural show. I'm addicted to a teen supernatural show, and I'm not even slightly ashamed about it anymore.

- Now that we know just how interconnected they are? Both! Why choose just one evil when you can be afraid and prepared to defeat both evils! It's like choosing how you want to die, human sacrifice by sir cray cray, or having your skull crushed in by a different kind of cray-cray. It's all cray-cray. Honestly, why do people say cray-cray? I always find it more burdensome some amusing most of the time because it's longer. I thought the idea was for things to be shorter because we need to make extra time to waste on frivolous matters.
- Because she's such a raving lunatic I can say that again it's both, without sounding like a superficial person. Daruch is seriously unattractive. I mean, good grief woman, but she's such a horrible person for making me beloveds cry and killing innocents that she's just truly despicable. Shoutout to my boy Derek, that awkward moment when you wake up the next morning and roll over to see the girl you brought home from the club and she went from Jennifer to the Daruch. Damn bro, that's rough.
- Obviously this is most important question of this season! I was all for some serious Papa Stilinski and Mama McCall action. I've been rooting for them all season because it would be so adorable, and I'm going to ship, I'm going to ship something adorable and legit that would add comic relief rather than interfere with all the action. Parent love. But then, that super incredible moment happened when Mama McCall waltzed into Cora's room and Peter was there. "Aren't you supposed to be dead?" "I get that a lot" and I remembered that they were totally a thing back when he was creepier, eviler, not as snarky, and therefore not as hot. Unfinished business. In that moment, if you asked me if I could get down with Peter and Mama McCall I would have said Hale yeah! So of course this means love triangle.
- Is the Pope Catholic? That was a really nice sweater. A really nice one. Complemented those gorgeous eyes of his. I don't know when I developed such a crush on Peter Hale, but I would definitely work out some daddy issues on him. Freud humor. Psychology Nerd. Ignore me...

-The time frame was wonky. I didn't care because the episode was so amazing, but I did find myself wondering how post Lydia's banshee scream and the Daruch taking Papa Stilinski, she went straight to Derek's loft, and he just happen to be there because, what him and Peter are taking shifts at Cora's bedside? Which would actually make sense, but considering he heard the banshee shriek I actually would have thought he'd have went to the school, not home. And Stiles and Scott must have drove like a bat out of hell to Derek's loft to tell him, although why didn't they go to the hospital? Or call, they could have called. But whatever.
-Oh my heavens, Dylan O'Brien. That guy spent the entire episode with a glassy sheen to his eyes and damn if it didn't get to me. I said it before, Stiles has been like a ticking time bomb all season long, and I've sort of loved it because it was so realistic. I just wanted to hug Stiles the entire episode. Just let me hold you! It was just incredible work, I mean I've always been a Stiles fan and I always say Dylan is great at what he does, but this season his body of work is incredible. He's been given more range, beyond just being the comic relief or trusty sidekick. He's come along quite nicely, and stands out on his own. He's easily a scene stealer, show stealer even and I just love it. Every time the camera was on him, I could see a guy on the verge of breaking and I felt it, and I kinda hated it, because I hate feeling things. Stop making me feel things show!
You could just feel a kid who is unraveling, and you could see it in every single expression. He didn't even need the words. Again, I have truly loved Stiles this season. More than ever before and I didn't think that was possible. His father and Scott are pretty much all he has. He spent the entire episode barely keeping it together but soldiering on trying to get the only parent he has left back, and then by the end when Scott left he was just defeated. I actually liked the Hales in this situation too. Never have either of them showed such empathy and understanding, subtle and a quintessentially Hale way, but it was there, and it was extended to Stiles, and I liked that. It's been sort of building all season, since Stiles has been working with one Hale or another with plotting etc. I feel like they've all never been connected as they have been this season. Also, I don't ship Cora and Stiles, they hadn't even crossed my mind until Acrobit pointed it out weeks ago, and then I was like...oh right, guess that is a thing they'd hint at. It was definitely there with the ambulance thing. I loved how he panicked, like he just couldn't afford to lose anyone else. They already lost too much. The convo with cora's unconscious body was another brilliant scene by Dylan. "I don't want to find my father's body" I can't even...there is just so much angst dammit! The weight of the world, life and damn death is falling on the shoulders of a bunch of freaking teenagers, and it just really resonates with the viewer when it's Stiles because he has no superpowers, he's not "special" he's just an average kid trying to keep his world together and save lives with the big boys. Gah!
- Two quick things you missed PRICE!!! First off, R.I.P to "The Bat". That thing has been it's own character since the beginning! All those times Scott or mama McCall would whip out that bat if they thought danger was near there home. It went down like a champ, and gave us one of the most hilarious scenes with a sopping wet emotionally destroyed Stiles wielding it while glaring at Jennifer, and Scott glaring at Jennifer, and Derek trying not to glare at Jennifer, in a very awkward elevator ride.
-Second, let's give up for Isaac and his penchant for inappropriate but hilarious humor. Stiles is typically the comic relief, but he was too busy having performances that should go on his reel, and I notice that when Stiles can't be the humorous one, that role falls on my dear Isaac. Him describing Jennifer, "The one with the brown hair, she's kinda hot." Oh Isaac! Maybe not now babe. Now isn't the time. You did get the car thing though, Price. "Did he look nervous?" "Terrified." ROFL!
-The look on Peter's face when he walked out with that needle sticking out of his chest had me chuckling so hard. I love that guy.
-The Argents. Unpopular opinion, I know, but they needed Mama Argent to die in order to bring Allison and her father closer and I love it. Their relationship is the best. They make quite the badass pair. I am loving the father/daughter bonding of kicking ass and shooting and asking questions later. They are awesome.
-So to further solidify Derek as the tragic antihero for duration of the series, the one girl he truly opened up too and attempted to be a bit happy with is an evil killer whose power was a result of the one thing that truly changed the course of his life that he did five/ten/fifteen/a kajillion years ago. Because if he didn't already carry the weight of his family dying on his shoulders, or killing the one true love of his life as a teenager, or his second attempt at having a family via his ragtag gang of teenage werepup misfits, or having Scott outshine him in the werewolf department...now, now he'll feel as though he has the blood of innocents and the potential demise of his "friends'" parents on his hands. Derek Hale can never be happy. Ever.
-I think Cora is going to die. I mean, I still don't really like her character, but the impact may suck for characters I do like.
-Isaac. He's the emotional breakdown dark horse in the bunch. Everyone else has higher stakes and more turmoil going around them, but he'll always be that kid whose father beat him. He'll always be that kid who didn't have a family so it's eventually going to hit him that he's lost Boyd and Erica and he's the only remaining one of Derek's werekids. His attachment to Scott (and no I'm not a Scissak shipper so for me it's more fraternal) has been growing over the episodes, I mean he almost flipped over the idea of having to leave the closer person he has to a sibling left. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like if he heads back to an empty McCall house because his surrogate family is all gone. Sleepover at the Hale loft, since Isaac and Stiles are like orphans now until the find the parents. Anyway, I think the back half of this season is going to be heavy on the Isaac development.
- I look forward to seeing Stiles, Isaac and the Hales working together.
-Mama McCall is the best parent on a supernatural show right now. She is never not awesome. Even Scott is constantly in awe of her.
-I swear I thought Decalioun would kill Kali. But, unfortunately he didn't. Can't stand her. Ugh. I do hope they defeat him and get the twins as a prize becuase the twins are awesome.

More+
Flag
Deucalion of course because the darach just wants vendetta but Deuc wants power and is a sociopath/psychopath who does not care who dies as long as he remains in power. Her face because her face is ugly.. STiLinskY and Ms. MCcall why because they are in the loop and even when they weren't they were a good team.. Plus think how funny it could be with stiles and scott actually being brothers and then adopting Isaac
Flag
Who is the bigger threat to our heroes' well-being: The Darach or the Alpha pack?
I'm guessing in the long run, it's the Alpha back, because THE DEMON WOLF is kind of in the 'violent psychopath' category and is really capable of anything. He will just continue to destroy other packs, obviously. Then again, the Darach is one crazy lady (?) and has captured our heroes' parents. Seriously though, if she starts killing people in threes to prevent murders by the alpha-pack, who's to say she won't do that again. I'm sorry, but the end really does not justify the means here.

What is less attractive: The Darach's real face or her love of murder?
I'd say her face. Her being disfigured (but alive) is the reason she is murdering. I blame everything on her face. Although I do maintain that the actor who plays the Darach's real face is a man.

With whom do you ship Mrs. McCall?
If we're being reasonable, Stilinski. Plus, think of all the jokes that relationship would entail for Scott and Stiles. On the other side, Peter Hale was looking fine and he had some nice lines. I don't think wooing Scott's mom is really his top priority. Although... why else would he be running around in deep-V sweaters?

Did you like Peter Hale's sweater?
I wish I didn't. But I really do. He played young Hercules once upon a time. Good times.

On a different note: there is this discussion about Scott being (im)moral, not being leader-material, yada yada. I'm sorry, but I really like Scott and I do believe that he has leader-qualities. He may not be ready to take on that role now, but there have been some positive signs he is able to. I always though he was able to control Boyd (RIP, sniff) and Isaac pretty will. Especially Isaac really listens to him. And everyone loves Isaac :) I have faith in the writers that if the day comes, they will make it believable for Scott to be an Alpha. I do not dislike Derek in the least, and I think he has tried very hard to be a good leader, but he is rather quick to plan to kill.

PS: Go Melissa. As Price said, she's very likable and her 'being in the know' really adds something to the show. She should shock Peter Hale. She deserves some revenge, I bet he didn't call her after their first date.

PPS: Twins drama: I know they're probably building up to something, but I'm not completely invested in this yet. All good things...

PPS: Kali: don't put on shoes. It would just be weird. But maybe cut your toenails. Put on a nice nail varnish. Ruby Red would be a nice change <=> Jennifer/Darach: Lady, you're legit crazy trying to convince Derek of your innocence. Don't you know Stiles and Scott have the speed of lightning? To be fair, I would have been really disappointed if she had been able to convince him. That would have been a lame move. As usual, teen wolf handled it well. I'm glad they got out of their flashback-episode-dip (although young Derek was one smooth operator) with 'the girl who knew too much' and this episode. Can't wait for more!
More+
Flag
A folllow up to below. If Paige is behind the dark power of the tree and hence she controls Jennifer which is how come in this episode, she had the power in the elevator to repel magically the pack and why the cane missed her. It is Paige's love for Derek that we have seen and not Jennifer's and this is compounded by that scene which otherwise is senseless of when we see her run to Derek and kiss him before all that mess began last episode. It would explain the Darach voice even as Jennifer is still herself as when she had her reveal of Lydia being a Banshee, There are other clues, which means that we should consider this seriously.
Flag
Well if there's one thing that I didn't get other than the magic of time travel in tv. In the reveal in episode 9, Allison, Isaac, and Mr Argent are at that warehouse, and Mar Argent takes shots at the Darach, but than a moment later Allison is on the phone with Scott telling him that teachers are targets and right there is Ms Blake ushering everybody inside. Can she teleport? No cuz why wouldn't she have fled the hospital, unless she specifically stayed to kidnap Melissa. Also when we were first introduced to Jennifer it was earlier when Boyd and Cora were on a rampage. Jennifer gets stuck in the basement with them nearly killed, why didn't she use her powers> is it cuz she knew Derek was there? there are so many variables.
As per your suggestion wouldn't it be more the other way around, that Jennifer is the dark power, and Paige is the light that is the love for Derek. Perhaps it is Paige who has become part of the tree tried to stop Jennifer, and the way this will all end, at the tree of course, Derek while not a parent could still be considered a gaurdian as an Alpha. Maybe when Jennifer in proximity of the tree threatens derek her spirit will be freed from the tree and take Jenniffer out, allowing herself to move on
More +
Flag
I actually considered that it can be the other way around, as you suggest,but then two thoughts crossed my mind. The first, is that Paige was bitten but did not turn when she died.We have seen Peter come back from the dead, so although I recognize it is far-fetched, maybe Paige with the help of the tree which absorbed her is not quite dead spititually, but "alive" as a ghost is alive and still in need of a body.Jennifer was an emissary and a druidess when she died,so the body is there but the soul is barely clinging to it.Hence, a possession occured.the second thought is if we accept the first premisse, the "ghost/soul" of Paige has had time to hate Derek and the others who have killed her, hence the "dark" force of the Nemeton, which as AdderallAddict points out, is neutral in and by itself.
Of course, we are dealing with the supernatural here and all ideas can be worthwhile butas I said far fetched until the series says otherwise and I accept that.
Flag
Senseless scenes are senseless because they are absurd, ridiculous or pointless and inconsistent. Those are all different words anyone can apply to get the same meaning and ALL work equally well here if you simply accept that what they wrote has no important or logical meaning except to allow a particular scene to be presented to the audience.

A Nemeton is not, in and of itself, a dark power. It's a place of ritual and of gathering for Druids (and really for all Celtic people); it would be the Dark Druids, or the Darachs, that would turn the Nemeton into an element of darkness.
Flag
If a scene is written to be presented to the audience, how how is that not important or illogical? Why if they had no meaning would they even put the scenes in the show? And they never said that the Nameton is specifically a place of darkness and evil. It is like you said a place of gathering as they consider trees to be the most holy and powerful things in the world. Even in the flashback Mr Argent told this too Gerard. But now Jennifer is using the tree and corrupting it, like you said. So I don;t understand your point, you got from saying something is illogical and meaningless, and than explain the logic and meaning
Flag
My Nemeton point was in response to the specific comment by Kerkesh about "dark power" of the tree. My comments about the absurd, ridiculous, pointless and inconsistent scenes (e.g. replying to the point about 'senseless' scenes) goes to ALL of the scenes about Paige, really, including taking her to the Nemeton for her drying breaths (since Derek didn't take her, at the point he took her, to mercy kill her, it was simply a place for her to die in privacy), and all the Jennifer/Derek scenes, to name just a few of the Brain Farts that have been written for this show.
Flag
I was misunderstood. I said some scenes would be meaningless if we do not consider a kind of link between Paige and Jnnifer, one or the other influencing the other.I could be wrong, but that is my present position until I am convinced differently.
Flag
We agree about the Nemeton, but not the effect of sacrifices on it.If you saw Vikings , the series, with that episode on the sacrifices, they were all willing sacrifices and they insisted on it; which would make the power a positive, life giving force of Nature. Therefore, in this instance,Paige's death was an unwanted, violent,and morally ambiguous "sacrifice" and the power that would rekindle the Nemeton would be "dark" by definition.But you disagree, and this is fine with me.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
It just occured to me that maybe the sacred tree orients its sacred power from the type of sacrifice made, since Paige died under her circumstance, maybe the power of of the tree now is dark and hence Jennifer became a Darach because of that and not because of her own sacrifice , murder attempt which happened to be near the site of the tree itself.
Since Jennifer had already been a Druidess and an emissary, the dark power was reinforced in her, but she is not the root of that dark power. If this is true, then the sacrifices now are not meant for Jennifer, , the Darach, but for Paige, maybe an evil resurrection. Maybe this is what she has attempted to explain Derek all that time.
This would explain why she acted some ways which makes her feelings towards Derek seem a lie, and why she kidnaped both the Sherif, who saved her life, and Ms Mc Call, who might put her at odds with Scott. Paige did not know any of them, off course, but Deucalion and the other werewolves and Hunters which were present at her "sacrifice".
The common dominator is Derek between both events, hence his presence at the ritual will be pivotal, and it is probably that which will determine the power of the tree and its consequences, which is why Deucalion spared him so many times. Scott, if he is the True Werewolf, will augment the power of whatever will be unleashed and hence this is why Deucalion will want to kill him at just the time of the final transformation to take in that ultimate power.
More+
Flag
What happened to the girl who saved Isaac because she did not die
Flag
Million dollar question. For a while I was thinking that I was the only one who actually thought there was more to her. I loved her in the full minute that she was onscreen. I wanted more of "The girl..." and I'm awaiting an explanation. There has to be one. There just has to! I was starting to think that somehow she was connected to Boyd, like his sister, because I couldn't understand the full purpose of learning about Boyd's sister only for him to be killed an episode or so later. I mean his musings about the lunar eclipse before he died, was significant after all.
Flag
Right motorcycle girl I think was supposed to be Scott's emissary. And she said without a doubt that Scott McCall is an alpha. But I think that she is either like u said not really dead, although I think she is cuz the whole alpha pack was there. But sometime in the next two eps we will see her in flashback,we know that Isaac while searching for Boyd and Erica ended up in the vault, and the girl got him out. Did he know here already? and what makes me think she was an emissary is her knowledge of the aplhas, and skill she showed escaping. I mean she went all Sarah Conner in The Terminator. I mean she had a shotgun with modified electro bullets, with a shock that was long enough to take out the twins. However if she is dead, like I said it could be a flashback we see her, or it will be one of Lydia's new powers, seeing and talking to the dead. But not only that, Lydia will take the girl's place as Scott's emissary, even though she is not a druid. But Scott is going to be a True Alpha so different set of rules.
More +
Flag
We don't even know she was a Druid, much less meant for Scott. Lydia's a Banshee, not a Druid. Don't just combine magical/supernatural beings.

That's not to say Lydia can't become a Druid but it's doubtful.
Flag

I don't understand you saying that something in a sci fi/fantasy show is doubtful or can't happen, ANYTHING can happen, people have complained that the writers are "Breaking the rules" of the show. But this is more FANTASY than SCIENCE FICTION, but the key word that applies to both genres is FICTION. There are NO RULES. Lydia could be a Banshee/medium/Psychic/Faerie who can blast light from her hands!

Yeah we don't know that if MC Girl was a druid, but we also don't know that she wasn't a druid. or at least u seem to think to know for sure. Let's review: again skills, modified shotgun, expert MC rider. Knowledge: Knew exactly who and what Isaac was and who the Alphas were. And finally she asked "I need to see the Alpha, Scott McCall" Other fact we just found out that emissaries are "assigned" or sent to a pack when an alpha is chosen/made, as Julia was assigned to Kali. Now we know that Scott is going to be at least for a little while a true alpha. Someone said that while Deaton is his friend and mentor he was the Hale emissary and retired, or maybe not. So if MC girl wasn't a druid doesn't mean she wasn't meant to be the emissary, And Lydia has been an interest to both Julia and the Alphas because she is important and supposed to help Scott in some way. In episode 9 at the recidal we saw the beginning of Lydia's purpose, her destiny. Something that we have been wondering about since she survived Peter's bite. And we have seen that she has more powers than the scream. She was able to see and to talk to Peter's "spirit" and was possessed by him. And anyone who watches True Blood and knows the character Lafayette, he is a medium, someone who can contact and speak to ghosts, and on occasion gets possessed by one.

Have you not realized what the whole theme and point of this season is? Supernatural creatures can evolve, hell we have known since the begining that an Alphas power must be taken. But now we know it's MUCh more, supernaturals can evolve and by taking power it corrupts them, but if power comes to them naturally, Scott will be a true Alpha because he is pure of heart, season 1 was his origin story, season 2, saw him accept himself and become a hero, season 3 he is becoming a hero and a leader, willing to sacrifice anything to save the people he cares about. Lydia was the snobby bitch character who in season 1 who really had no purpose other than being a snobby bitch. But than we found out that she is a genius and hides it from the world. It was the attack from Peter that began her origin story. Although unlike Scott who had the support of his friends, she had to go through it alone, being victimized and possesed by Peter in season 2. But this season now seeing that weird shit is still happening she has decided to stop fighting it and she now has the support of Scott and everyone. now knowing what she is and allowing her mind to open will allow her to maybe contact MC girl and learn what she needs to know to help Scott, and who says she can't be his emisarry? who says she can't be more than just a banshee, she could be a banshee/medium/fae who can blast light from her hands/and learn to prevent murders by knowing where they are ahead of time.
So yes power can make you a hero if it is given, but if a supernatural takes it by murder, than it corrupts. Jennifer, or Julia as we now know was once an emissarry, she was brutally attacked and left for dead, and was saved by the small bit of power from the Nematon. And it wasn't enough, she gains power of the ones she sacrifices. She says that once complete, meaning one more sacrifice of a gaurdian she will have power to fight and kill the Alpha pack, but since she is a liar who knows what she will become if she completes her ritual.
And last but not least the Alpha pack themselves, they gain their power by killing their betas, the more they kill the more they become corrupted, sound familiar? Deucalion was once a man of peace, but he has killed so many betas he is perhaps the strongest werewolf in the world. He didn't call himself "The Alpha of Alphas" and "The Demon Wolf!" cuz it sounds cool.
More +
Flag
Sorry, tl;dr most of this, but I'm curious. When did we find out that emissaries are assigned to alphas? Who does the assigning? Did we get info about some druid committee that sends someone to act as an emissary? I'm just curious-- how much of that is speculation and how much is what we learned directly from the episodes?
Flag
We don't know; the implication is that she was slashed (thus killed) in the Boy's Locker at BHHS by the Alpha Pack. Supposedly, we find out more about her in one of the two final episodes.
Flag
All we've gotten is cryptic you will find out..about her. The best way I can figure, see if you can find cast lists for the next two episodes for Megan Tandy and you at least know we will get an answer. Otherwise...
Flag
They've been coy about releasing cast lists; they have the list up (at least what's on a few sites) for Monday's episode and she's not there. Only incomplete lists (one doesn't even list the actors who play Scott, Derek or Stiles on it, for example) for the finale. Other folks on here have said we will find out and I believe Jeff also said on a Q&A or it was mentioned somewhere on the web from a Jeff or cast interview that we would find out more about her - it might not even show her, just be exposition.
Flag
Yeah, I know, just figured that there is always a chance that the actress' pr might release it surreptitiously. I figure if we see her again, it could be some sort of emissary based flashback, like how she learns of Scott and how that information got to Deucalion (cough, Gerard, cough). Like the mid season finale starts with a flashback about two weeks before the events of the season premiere or something.
Flag
Good episode and finally no minorities were killed in this episode; I was shocked it started to turn into a running gag, Good episode, can somebody please get Kali some shoes, I know it's her thing but damn. The Argents seem to have lost their story line this season, No Alison and Scott drama, the father's been pretty tame and we've only seen the grandfather a couple times. I was really looking forward to seeing how they were going to proceed with Lydia being a Banshee, but it was a good episode. Finally looking forward to next week.
Flag
"No minorities were killed in this episode" made me laugh so hard.
Flag
Chris even knew what a Nemeton was early on in the season and he knows how to or has been able to figure out the Telluric Currents and five types of sacrifices, etc., so he must know a great deal more than we are being shown. He's been written as being behind the curve, or at least a half-day late, as far as being able to stop the Darach, and also written as a worse shot than he's been shown before, but bad writing is not, per se, the character's fault.

They cured Gerard of the cancer (versus simply putting it temporarily in remission or simply giving him a few extra months with pain and suffering, when really he should have died by now), so other than the fact they clearly don't like to write permanent deaths for their villains, the writers keeping him around - maybe off stage but clearly around; he is, after all, clearly responsible for Deucalion's blindness and, thus, directly responsible for all the absurdity that is the idea of a PACK of Alphas.
Flag
I hope the Darach get to kill at least that bitch Kali...poor Julia~
Flag
I sincerely doubt Kali will make it to season 4, the only ones that could possibly survive to be in the next season is the twins. I know season 3 is split into two parts so we should their demise in the second half of season 3
Flag
I personally think that Kali and Demon Wolf will have a cage match "death" off; we haven't really seen DW do anything special, we could have said he had some talent with his X-Acto knife/cane but apparently that's only against teen werewolves (Ethan, Aidan, and Scott). He killed his own Beta at close quarters partially under the element of surprise (seeing as a werewolf). Now that he thinks he has Scott under his claw, if the game plan is to take Alpha Pack power to himelf (or really why else Skull F^(k Ennis to his death), he can take Kali down as the bigger threat between the three Alpha's left in his pack.
Flag
Really, Darach? Really, though? Sacrifice the parents with only one child who have only one parent? And now you're going after Mr. Argent? Are you serious right now? This is sad in a profound sense.
Flag
Actually, the Darach is just an actor reading lines; the sadness you fell should be directed at the writers.
Flag
Well, you know, she is evil. Plus, technically, Scott has another parent.
Flag
She's not bond villain evil... though Deuchalion is. She decided to commit 12 murders in order to stop a bond villain that had already killed more than that and would certainly kill more than that in the future. She's a moral consequentialist, as is, say Batman, or The Punisher, or Superman, apparently, in this latest movie (acted totally out of character in the action scenes).
Flag
Yeah, despite her wanting to sacrifice 12 people our favorite parents included I do think Deucalion is the bigger threat. At least her kills are to stop him. Demon Wolf is killing for more power and enjoys playing with people's lives. Thanks a lot Gerard for tuning Demon into a psychopathic murderer. Why is did Chris and Allison leave grandpa psycho path alive again?
Flag
Gerard's survival was one of the most forced excuses on this show. Even if the bite did turn him he ingested mountain ash which is poison to werewolves and spewed out so much blood he should have died. What role do the writers want him to play besides informant I wonder? Perhaps the second half of season 3 will give him a bigger role.
Flag
Safibwana, we just are shown a vestige of Gerard that looks powerless in a manner of speaking. The writers did accomplish ONE of his main goals, which was to be cured of the cancer. And he hasn't died, even though clearly by the show's logic, if the bite 'doesn't turn you' it KILLS you, isn't applying here.
Flag
It's difficult to kill a villain in cold blood once they've been reduced to powerlessness. Then it's just revenge, which is moderately immoralish.
Flag

@ltcomstella
Flag
lol thanks
Flag
And did anybody see the preview for next week's episode?! SHUT IT UP! If Stiles becomes a werewolf, ugh, I just can't...

Flag
It's highly doubtful Stiles will be turned. However, the preview did accomplish one thing for me: it committed the cardinal sin of making me want to backhand Isaac in the mouth. Actually that whole preview just made me shake my head and go WTF are you writing, and why??? Which was kind of how I felt once The Overlooked was finished.
Flag
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgu31lSFwc1qcrzkko1_500.gif
Flag
You get me.
Flag
I think they did that just to mess with us.
Flag
The Darach is a bitch!
& this is completely unrelated too but yessssss! Immortals was phenomenal! Daniel Sharman is a God! Literally!
Flag
http://youtu.be/XyQRtjum08I

theme music remix enjoy (i hope)
Flag
sorry if that's considered spam
Flag
Not unless it was just a video of DW advertising sunglasses....
Flag
I was 2 episodes late and was thinking "OK now what, do I watch those two or just wait 'till Monday?" After all we already are Thursday, I have other stuff to watch. Will I risk to bite my nails 'till Monday because of a very probably cliffhanger???
But I watched it anyway, what a mistake. That was a good episode with a f*** cliffhanger!! And now I have to wait :(. But I take comfort thinking that we'll have another f*** cliffhanger for the next episode so whatever!!

BTW we're talking a lot of druids or guides for wolfs packs, so were is Scott'boss, why is he not here to help??
Flag
Because it would be a different show if Deaton had told, for example, Scott that he knew he was a bitten werewolf from day one, and also told him about Derek not being an Alpha and thus not being able to bite him. Whole episodes of the first half of the season could not even exist. The entire Night School episode would be different. Rather than having Deaton bitch at Derek about not being a good Alpha after Peter's resurrection in Party Gassed, Deaton could have explained to Derek what was happening and possibly prevented it. Again, it would make it a totally different season that year.

Deaton doesn't share (or advise) 99% of the time because it's convenient for the writers and the plot.
Flag
Yeah that a possibility indeed!!
Anyway he seems to be a bad emissary then :D!!
Flag
I'm not sure how the particular emissary gets assigned or chosen or whatever to a particular pack and whether an emissary can switch. I've always thought it would generally be funny that as fond of Scott Deaton is and how annoying he finds Derek, but Deaton is stuck being the Hale emissary. I've actually kind of thought that Motorcycle Girl is/was probably supposed to be Scott's emissary if and when he became an Alpha. What might be funny there is if Deucalion made the same mistake Kali did and didn't double check to see if she was dead or if there are ramifications for killing any of the emissaries (like Deaton was able to call bs on Kali for threatening Marin pretty easily)
Flag
That's exactly what I wrote above, that I think motorcycle girl was meant to be Scott's emissary. To sum it up, she was all Sarah Conner with the motorcycle and the modified shotgun. Lydia I think will not only develop a new power of seeing her ghost, but will be Scott's new emissary. While not a druid, Scott is no ordinary werewolf, and so why not a banshee emissary?
Flag
Maybe, and I hope so because my concern is that she is just there to assist him becoming a True Alpha and then as nature has balance rules and Peter is usually right about trivia, since she didn't change she will die.
Flag
In Season 1, Deaton (rather than telling Derek what he knew, and certainly for almost all of Season 2, after Derek became the Alpha), Deaton pretty much spent that time telling Derek squat. Maybe the writers hadn't figured out the plot line, they didn't even say that Laura told Derek he was their Emissary; instead they have Derek refer, via Laura's description, as an 'adviser.' Plus Derek himself was, even though he was already a young man, not even told about Emissaries by Talia or any other family member. He hasn't acted as an adviser at all, so far, and only somewhat helpful to Derek this season, and more helpful to Scott really. Particularly in the whole Gerard/Mountain Ash plan, which shows Deaton going behind the Hale Pack/Derek.
Flag
I just think he doesn't like Derek and kind of knows he wasn't ever supposed to be an Alpha if his family hadn't died...which is kind of his fault.
Flag
Actually, I think his family's death is kind of the fault of the mass murdering psychopath who killed them. But yes, it's clear Deaton has zero use for Derek and never had any intention of acting as an emissary to him. He flat out told Derek that one time he actually bothered to help him that he was only doing it because he promised his mother.
Flag
Ok this season is my fav so far. Peter Hale - YES. more.
Flag
Scott is going to join the Alpha pack to do only one thing... lead them baby!!! awwwoooooooo!!!
Flag
- They are both massive threats but I guess the Darach, only because neither Scott nor Stiles could survive without their "guardians"
- Ugh she's just the worst all over
- Definitely Sheriff Stilinski! Hands down.
- Did I ever!?! Haha all of the too small sweaters truly make the show, although Isaac and his scarf/cardigan take the cake

Flag
This episode was so intense. Especially loved Peter joining the fight, love that man. Can't wait for the next two episodes although I have no idea what i'm going to do once the season finishes and we have to wait for 3b...even if it is a shorter wait than usual! Best show ever.
Flag
Fan fiction.

Just stick to the non-porn stuff.
Flag
Stiles is going to be turned into a werewolf. It is in the next episodes promo. Alison may as well.
Flag
I believe you've been misled by the promo, as they often intend, because that's obviously not the role they've been grooming him for. But if it were true, why would you go out of your way to post a comment that is 100% intentional spoiler?
Flag
Yea the promo showed Stiles being pushed down in water, along with Alison but then shows glowing yellow eyes under water. But those are Scotts eyes.
I hope the show never turn either of them into a werewolf. Though someone was supposed to get the bite this season, my guess would be Danny. The twins are alphas and even though Danny doesn't seem the type to need/want the bite I could see Ethan being impulsive and doing it anyways.
Flag
I agree and then I had this thought. Well, first, the trailers and the previews tend to mislead us (like, Derek wasn't in the elevator in the trailer when Scott came upon it). Second, whoever is going in the water has shorter hair than Dylan O'Brien currently has. Third, Derek is making some sort of sacrifice for Cora, I think and it would make sense that he might be able to return to his original eye color if he sacrifices his Alpha ability for her, whether it is successful or not. Fourth, I had this thought, it could be one of the twins...
Flag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmAWRsOEzPU
I watched a few diff promos some give you more scenes, this one shows Stiles, Alison, and Scotts eyes in water towards the end. I only know it's Scotts eyes because there's a mole under the right eye Just like Scotts in the picture at the top of this review.
Yeah and I'm not sure if it'll make Dereks eyes back to gold, but that's a good thought since he's making a sacrifice maybe it'll set things back if Paige was the only innocent he ever killed which I hope she is. We still don't know a lot about Derek. =(
What do you mean as far as the twins? I didn't see them in any of the promos that I watched. =/
Flag
Flag
okay, but said troll has only had one commentt, so we are spared the stupid polls and idiotic comments.
Flag
no we are not spared---no honor and apparently one's word doesn't mean anything if one doesn't live up to promises....
yep, I'm talking about the villains of Teen Wolf;-)
Flag
Flag
you'll always be a goddess to me.
Flag
xoxo
((Kerkesh))
xoxo XXX (lol)
Flag
Peter Hale's body is the stuff dreams are made of.

Season 3 episode 10 = Derek chasing after Stiles to protect him = already existing Sterek friendship and loyalty = very possible future Sterek romance = the end of this discussion!

This is a response to :

- Derek and Stiles are not friends.
- Derek thinks Stiles is an idiot.
- Derek and Stiles hate each other.

Watch season 3 episode 10 and suck it!

Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system.

Flag
Your delusion is so cute lol
Flag
1. Alpha pack much worse, but we all know in the process of our werewolf teenagers and their friends saving everyone's favorite sexually frustrated parents Derek will kill Kali, the twunks will join up with the good werewolf teenagers and then a team up on the Demon wolf.

2. Gonna be honest, can't look passed that face.

3. Just call her Mrs. McCall-Stilinski

4. Lovin the super deep V on Peter. His upper chest area is the stuff of daydreams
Flag
Let's call them McStilinski or Sticall (what is Papa Stilinki's name?)
Flag
No idea...I think we are just supposed to be content with never learning either of the Stilinski men's first names
Flag
I honestly don't know who is the bigger baddie anymore. To some extent, I thought the Darach would be relatively harmless, but now she's kidnapping parents instead of random characters!

The fact that Darach kills people is worse than her face.

I ship Ms. McCall with Papa Stilinski. I like Mr. Argent, but it's kind of awkward to ship him since Mrs. Argent died last season.

I LOVED PETER'S V-NECK. HE WAS TOO ADORABLE.
Flag
Well ideally Blake's plan is bad she has a point on Deucalion potentially being worse than she is. He's got a god complex and wants more power. That's not a good combination.
Flag
So first of It was a great re-cap xD The Episode was awesome, but also highly confusing.

Lets start off with, why the hell are they evacuating the hospital? It's a mild storm (ok there was a branch thrown into the room) I mean demon wolf and Melissa are on the roof and it's fine.
Also what kind of crappy small town hospital can't handle a storm?

Next issue, Time. it's a mess, I can't grasp the flow, I mean last ep Ms Darach near teleported from one location to another... this episode, she is beaten to Dereks loft by Scott and Stiles... And Derek is at the loft? after being all I won't leave you to his sister last ep, going so far as to ignore the clearly supernatural scream from Lydia. Now he's what? home to get a shower? He'd leave her with his creepy uncle? Things are odd in Beacon Hills. Continuing with time, it seems it's like 40 min after the death of music teacher, well Lydia did turn up in the music room so that made sense. But clearly a category 3 hurricane somehow blew up out of nowhere. (are we supposed to believe it's Ms Darachs fault?)

So liked the loft scene, I was with Derek, I completely understood, the guy's trust has been broken continuously for years it seems and now he was thinking maybe things are ok, and BAM turns out she's a murderous evil druid hellbent on making the alpha-pack pay!

Why is it that when it doesn't fit the story important characters skills and knowledge seems to be forgotten?
Deaton is clearly the correct choice, even Morrel might be convinced to help them! Clearly going: Ok we have no other options other than to have you save her and protecting you as the deal, is logical!
Clearly Deaton and Morrell would know about mistletoe and it's uses in druid work. So why when it doesn't fit the story does not one of the characters seem to think: hey what about our mysterious Vet or guidance counsellor/french teacher

I did love the elevator scene, Stiles with mrs McCalls bat. Oh About the bat! Stiles very specifically mentioned showing a bat up gay-Twunks ass, a specific kind of bat, why does he not have this special bat that's clearly anti-werewolf?
That ties into how does Scotts light fixture manoeuvre beat Stiles full on baseball bat swing to brain Wolftron? Another oddity of this episode.

Bringing up Wolftron, why exactly are they now after the Druid? when this whole time the alpha pack hasn't cared?
Also how did they suddenly know it was the teacher? More unexplainable things.

Also if there are not supposed to be witch-powers what the hell did the Darach do with the energy-chi-wave thing?

Anyway, why is it that Mrs McCall seems into know and also not, like Scott forgets to tell her highly pertinent info such as, remember that pharmacological rep, you went on a single date with? yeah he was the werewolf who bit me, he died (so he didn't call you back) but then he somehow used lydia to bring himself back to life again. Just so you're up to speed on that. Ditto on the Demon wolf front. Like Scott please mention to your mom how the bad guy looks so she doesn't have to deduce it herself. kthx

Ok so JB returns and is all, yeah I wasn't running away just hiding, I'll help her if you keep me alive! but she just seriously blew Kali away, clearly she should be placed front and center, but no she's in heels. Of they go to the LAST ambulance.
Where Derek and JB leave STILES!? with Cora in the ambulance, clearly something is off there.
Also what the Hell where did the Stiles/Cora comment come from!? There has been nothing before that... I saw no chemistry at all. Also she's the female Jackson... Clearly things are odd in beacon hills.
Let me just say I found it highly weird, something stiles would say yes, but I'm taking it as a reflex on his part because yeah... weird.

Lets talk about Paige... WHY!? That was why they made that story? seriously!? for this? they made a more complex pointless back story for Derek for this!? I'm flabbergasted, it's just No, pointless. I thought it was pointless of them to even tell the story in Visionary, and now I know it was to make this feeble connection between Derek and JB, who is clearly deranged if she places significance on that event.
BTW how would she know it was Derek?
conclusion, the love story of derek and paige, pointless, it would have fit better if it was just something random, it would make Derek's future past seem more understandable.

yeah That's another thing, how did Stiles know about Kate? We know because we saw Kate imply it, but there has been nothing to show that any of the teens know the intricacies of the fire. Peter could have deduced it when he found out it was Kate that was behind it all. But Stiles knows?
Lots of unexplainable things this ep.

Scott was forced to admit his potential for true-alpha-dom, which was past by quickly, very little reaction from others.
Also I will say again, it's the stupidest concept this season, created only to make us more invested in Scott. Scott who is so not a leader, and wouldn't make it a day as an alpha. Scott has many good qualities, but a leader he is not. Especially not in a culture like the werewolf one he is entering into.
Scott is too soft, he's like soft taffy, a true alpha would need to be a hard dark chocolate confectionery with a creamy caramel centre. They need to make decisions that are not necessarily the moral best, but are highly necessary. they also need to care for others.
Scott just not the right type, and I feel like the worst of it is that they keep building it up against pulling Derek down, and let me tell you, Derek doesn't deserve to be thought of as the worst alpha ever, he's not necessarily good, but he has done a lot with what he had.
Scott was there for the most of it too, clearly the things he did at the end of season two doesn't factor into the true alpha potential, because that was one of the shittiest things I've ever seen. Strength of Character my Arse, he was a fucking douche of epic proportions.
And once again he joins the bad guy. Good intentions and all, Darach got his mom, but his best friend is telling him no we can find a better way. Clearly Scott only listens to people when it's convenient for him.
Now don't bitch, I like Scott I just don't feel this true-Alpha story.

I'm confused as to why we needed the little folklore exposition, it was clearly to show that the werewolves thought they were invincible but like in the story, someone was overlooked and that was the emissaries.
Clearly there is more to the story because the Tree was clearly cut down at some point, so maybe a schism between wolves and Emissaries?

gaurdians= Parents, great idea, just love it, so symbolic, because clearly Parents are meant to be award against the world for their children.

I'm gonna answer the questions now, since I've been rambling for a while.

1. the Alpha pack, clearly the Darach is more focused on that as well, it's stupid that she chose these parents, clearly a lack of forethought. But it makes the story more exciting and you wouldn't get the same Feels if it was the parent of unknown girl in pink sweater.
2. the love of murder, but it's a split first place xD
3. Any one but Sheriff Stilinski, I've always had an aversion to that ship, sorry, just feel it's weird.
4. Oh my god, it's like the Male Hales are gifted by the gods of wardrobes to never wear anything that doesn't make them look fucking SEXY!
More+
Flag
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS. I love this. All of this. I'm in love with this in it's entirety. Comment win. Rambling is good. Rambling is fun. Ramble a freaking way.

Also, the Scott comparison to candy was golden.
Flag
Thank you for your enthusiasm, the candy comparison was inspired by a fleeting urge for something sweet and chewable as I rambled.
Flag
Thank you for making nearly all of my points in one cogent place, versus scattered around these comments as I mostly did!
Flag
It was my pleasure, I actually had more points but I felt like I was going to a place of deep rambling, that's what happens when you save it up for a while.
Flag
"Why is it that when it doesn't fit the story important characters skills and knowledge seems to be forgotten?" - this is why i rag on Scott every week - the writers sometimes totally forget about character development to push the plot forward quickly - which makes the characters look dumb at times. "Strength of Character my Arse, he was a fucking douche of epic proportions." - which the writers do to him at least once every episode, and is an example of speeding up the plot and forsaking any character development they have done.

"Clearly there is more to the story because the Tree was clearly cut down at some point, so maybe a schism between wolves and Emissaries?" - which also explains why Deaton is not currently an emissary and how Morrell actually hasnt done much to help the Alpha pack
Also i cant remember anyone mentioning the tree that is in the title sequence, which might be more relevant this season, because of the Nematon (i think thats how its spelled) and the druids. Plus the fact Lydia has been constantly drawing it has not been covered.
Flag
Uh the tree in the title sequence, Lydia's drawing, and the actual one in the basement or one and the same Nematon. The fact it's in the credits is one of the several clues of the season, like the two faces of Lydia screaming, Scott's rising looking pissed and badass, though they haven't yet explained the hands coming out of the ground and what's the purpose of showing Derek and Scott's tatoos? The tree is where the final showdown with the Darach will obviously happen, and perhaps it is the tree itself that is the only thing that can hurt/kill her and Lydia will be the one to fo it. Jennifer was freaked a bit when she saw Lydia drawing it, and was a little freaked as well as fascinated when she told Lydia she's a Banshee. Ethan told Scott that either Lydia or Danny would be important to him and we know its Lydia, she will be the key to stopping all this and perhaps help Scott become the True Alpha
Flag
Parents walk out on their children every day,some monsters among them abuse them sexually and there are some who hate their children's guts, mothers who reject their children at birth. So parents =guardians is stupid and incorrect.Btw, mine were the best and I adore them, just in case someone might question.
Agree about Scott.Stiles is my hero.

Flag
Parents are supposed to be guardians that protect their children from the harshness of the world, humans are one of the few species that gives birth to young that can't stand up for them selves or run away in case of danger, making the parent an indispensable guard against nature and the world, and therefore for symbolic reasons Parents=Guardians is highly fitting.
the fact that people go against nature in such a way is regretful but doesn't take away the symbolic meaning.
Flag
So with you on evacuating for a storm (what?) and why they're not calling Deaton. Also, Deaton needs to get on making a mountain ash bat finished with wolfsbane oil for Stiles, stat.

The light made sense to me, though. Werewolves are vulnerable to electricity, so getting hit in the face with the ripped out wires from the fixture was a good stop.

Derek pulling JB away from Stiles and Cora in the ambulance was a good call. Stiles could lock the ambulance, and Kali was clearly after JB, so he was leading Kali away for the most vulnerable teens.

ITA, no chemistry between Stiles and Cora. His comment after CPR read "AWK-ward moment" to me, rather than "I want to hit that."

JB is certainly deranged! But all the alpha packs in the flashback seemed to be on decent terms. I see no reason why the emissary for Ennis's pack and she wouldn't have had a convo about, "oh, Ennis tried to turn a local girl and Talia's son ended up having to mercy kill her." Druid grapevine.

And Stiles is smart enough to put together some pretty disparate clues. Hmm, Dad's investigation papers say Kate Argent was a substitute teacher for Derek's class. Some witnesses mention they saw them after school. Allison made a comment about how creepy Kate was while torturing Derek. Peter made a sly, offhand remark ... Any of these could plausibly be things Stiles came across and added up.

ITA on the alpha!Scott situation. He is too young and still too black-and-white in his thinking to be a good leader. Scott becoming a leader in his twenties, with more life experience under his belt? Sure. Not now, though.

I don't get the "overlooked" thing. Deucalion obviously knew the emissaries were dangerous and directly ordered them killed. That's not being overlooked.
More +
Flag
Hey Ok relax, obviously deaton wouldn't have to make the bat for Stiles, he's fully capable of doing it himself, it was the specificity of his threat to Ethan that made it seem as though the guy had put decent amount of thought into it.

And I'm saying they go to deaton when it's convenient for the story so when it doesn't fit, he gets forgotten, this is not the first time it's happened on the show. I don't see how it would take much time to call him up versus agreeing to protect the evil druid from the alpha pack, it's like the first ep, risk and reward, there is a high risk for DEATH following the second option, but option one is quite simple and no risk of death for the information.

Concerning the light, it's highly unlikely that Scott ripping down the florescent lights would have brought electric shock to the other werewolf, especially since, fluorescent lights don't have wires in them... So if he ripped it down, it'd probably be annoying as fuck and youd get showered in sharp glass, but electric shock? you'd have to be very unlucky.

But could he be sure she'd follow them and not use the fact that his sister is there as a hostage? I mean really it's not a long leap of logic, she stepped on her throat once.

Yeah awkward moment in the ambulance was awkward, but it was more in response to prices recap.

I'm highly sceptical about there being a druid grapevine. So far it doesn't seem as though druids gather a lot, they're kind of lone sentinel type persons as we've seen it, Deaton and Morrell talk but they're brother and sister, and I doubt she'd discuss alpha pack business with the guy. And exactly who but maybe Peter, Talia and Deaton would know about Dereks mercy-killing? and is it something anyone would talk about? Unlikely.

I agree Stiles could have deduced that Kate and Derek were involved, but he was completely certain that was the case, no probably or maybe or any of that stuff in there to show he doesn't know with complete certainty, that seems odd to me. The problem is also with the lack of reaction like it's an open secret, this thing that he didn't even share with his sister, this guilt that's been pulling him down for years.

Thank you for agree on Scott, he could be a good leader at some point, but dude is 16 or something and he's just not there yet.

I meant in general, it seems as though overall werewolves overlooked the emissaries as you know convenient helper-bees or something. I mean Kali left the woman for dead, not willing to give her the coup-de-grace because JB was harmless in her eyes.

And Overlooked was a great title, because things were constantly overlooked this episode. xD
More +
Flag
You made my point for me about the difference between the fluorescent light fixture and say the cattle rod that has been used on Derek since season 1 and was used on Voltron in the first episode this season and the Defibrulator (or also a direct electrical dose) used by Melissa in this episode.

Talia and Peter know about Paige. They don't show them telling any Emissary and as I state elsewhere, even the Emissaries can't be very good advisers to any one specific pack if they go around gossiping their pack's business to other Emissaries. The packs can readily and easily have business in contravention or opposition to one another, certainly enough to keep secrets from other packs.

As far as Derek and Kate, go see my specific comment; there's no seriously plausible scenario for Stiles to KNOW.
Flag
Thank you for agreeing that there is a big difference between these electrical "weapons"
Yes why would we believe that emissaries are chatty cathies? really where has it been implied that there is any sort of connection between them? Also they're secret sometimes even from all the pack members.
Exactly my point! There is no reason we should think that Stiles knows Derek's DARKEST secret. It's just a mistake on the writers part. I mean we have a 30 min explanation for the colour of a werewolf's eyes.
Add to that if we're supposed to just deduce major things, there was exactly no need for the Paige story. just to create a "link" between the darach and Derek. why was there a need for it at all? Dereks eyes could be from the death of his family, and the darach could have gotten the power to hang on to life from whatever left over juice was in the tree.
Derek didn't need a more complicated backstory. All the story did was create a link between Derek and Jennifer and there didn't need to be one did there? since they're not really connected at all.
Flag
Yes, I completely agree with you on Deaton. It's forced drama in the storytelling for them to not call him. And I only suggested him for the bat because he seems to have a line on mountain ash supply—he built his whole front counter out of it. I don't think Stiles is going to find it himself at Home Depot.

When the light came down, there was a shower of sparks and a flicker in the electricity throughout the building, so regardless of whether IRL it's a reasonable way to deliver an electric shock, the way the show presented it was that that's how it worked. TV logic.

Julia knowing about Paige, Stiles knowing about Kate—those were examples of the writers figuring we could fill in the blanks with something plausible. The scenarios I gave were all things I came up with off the top of my head, and others probably came up with other ways to leap the gaps. (I wouldn't, in fact, put it past Peter to spread the story among the packs that Derek was responsible for the local girl found dead of "animal attack," just to minimize his own role in the events.) The writers are just plowing ahead and not dotting every i and crossing every t.

As long as Stiles kept the ambulance door locked he and Cora were safe. Those things are pretty heavy duty.

I'm going to be very, very wary of this Scott The Leader storyline. :-/
More +
Flag
A. Werewolves have torn off lock door handles, Scott himself just twister the knob to the back entrance of the Jungle when they were trying to protect Danny from the Kanima.

B. Julia wasn't a Hale Emissary, in fact, Kali's - so unless the Emissaries gossiped with each other (which does not make sense as the pack could have competing interests/secrets), she wouldn't know this. Other than to create (either in the Darach/Jennifer's mind) this connection, there was no reason; the writers could have left it that the Nemeton had power, why wasn't truly significant (compared to the innumerable things that get left unsaid on THIS SHOW).

C. Yeah every one keeps coming up with all these 'plausible' ways Stiles would know that involves all these gymnastics. The show has spent minutes explaining things and showing us things and now we're supposed to deduce something major when it's as simple as the writers messed up?
Flag
Flag
@PatriciaSnche I would not be surprised if JB had some sort of mystical communion with the tree roots while she absorbed their power.

I've been suspicious of Cora and her lack of explanation for surviving the fire since she showed up. However she has been working with, not against, our gang so far. She still needs to prove herself to me, though.

I predict Cora definitely will be gone. Aiden at least, and maybe Ethan too. I know Mama McCall has shows on different coasts, but I hope she at least does guest appearances on TW!
Flag
I concede to some of your points.
while it is true, it wouldn't take a lot of googling to find out where you could get some rowan wood, and then you've got FedEx so...

True, but it just seems sometimes that the wolves are non-specifically strong, so sometimes they get knocked down by small ish things and other times huge things only kinda knock them back a bit for a second.

The thing about Kate and Paige is that we're to fill in the blanks ourselves here, but things you expect to have been revealed, example Peter being alive, haven't. So why should we expect that Dereks biggest and Darkest secret is known to one and all? it's just bad story telling.
I would have been fine with Stiles assuming it if he put in a qaulifier about how he assumed that was the case or something to make it seem like he hasn't got proof.

Scott the leader is my biggest fear, I've always hated those stories where incredibly young characters are supposed to be destined leaders... Just they have to be so good to make up for that.
Flag
@Troublemaker

I totally agree with you on each one of your points, I couldn't say it better.

Let me add some things:

- Could JB find out about Paige's death trought some sort of druid-Nemeton conection? I mean, maybe her druidic powers let her what had happenned right beside the oak's roots. Perhaps that could explain too why JB was so atracted/connected to Derek from the very first time.

- I felt awkward with the Stiles-Cora scene too, but in my case it was because I don't like Cora (something doesn't feel right about her) and because of that I would/will not like Stiles fancing her.

- The twins had said that they won't be on Season 4 because they already had signed for a HBO tv show next year and Mama McCall and Cora have each one other tv show to attend on their own, so do you guys think that they both will stay for season 4?
Flag
Parents don't have that exclusivity, sometimes it's relatives, foster parents, orphanages,godparents and so on. If you were right, she could have napped the first random individual on the street and have a relatively good chance of having a guardian.
Flag
Just regarding the "overlooked" thing. I don't think that the emissaries were actually overlooked, I think that that's just part of JB's obvious delusions. From what we've seen, she seems to think of herself as some sort of saviour and she likes to think that she was overlooked because it reinforces her view of the alpha pack and of herself as this dark horse, coming out of the shadows to wreak justice upon them.

Mainly I think she's just a bit full of herself.

I think the "overlooked" was more about the way that Scott didn't realise the threat to his mother (twice) and they were all so busy focusing on the alpha threat that they ignored the threat that they were standing right next to.
Flag
I am with you 100%
Unless like I suggested there was an old fall out between druids and werewolves that has festered for decades or more.
Flag
Okay, I'm totally confused here.
1)Danny was poisnoed with missiletoe and he seems just fine now...
Couldn't they do to Cora what they did to him?

2)The passage of time from last episode is weird. The dark lady had enough time to kidnap the Sheriff, and then go over to Derek's place - Scott and Stiles went all the way to Deaton's place and went to Derek but the Argents (and Isace) were still at the school?

Also... I realize the Sheriff was kidnapped but umm... There was a MURDER in the school of the Piano teacher and Lydia's attempted murder but barely any cops on the scene?

Then again, sheriff missing, deputy killed last episode and most other cops were killed by Jackson last season. Maybe this town is out of police people.

3)I don't get what Jennifer planned. So she figured Lydia knew something and wanted to kill her but assumed she'd surive or that Scott would show up? Considering that is the only reason anyone knows about her, I fail to see what was the plan with poisoning Cora. Heck, it seems that if Stiles hadn't CPR-ed her, she'd be dead already... Doesn't exactly fit with her threat of saving Cora after a while.

4)Yes, the jumping of her power levels is absurd. Last episode I commented on how silly it was that she was terrified of Cora and Boyd and yet she tore up the Sherrif and Scott easily. Now? She can take out Derek or blast Kali but can barely fight?

5) And how come none of the super hearing wolves can hear any of the conversations in the hospital? Heartbeats in the boiler room, sure. Talking, walking, rumming through drawers and such - no.

6)And I have to get back to this issue. What is Jennifer's plan?
I really don't get it. Why did she even show up to try and get Derek to team up? Why does she need their help to get away from the pack?
She is clearly more than capable of overpowering Scott and Derek... She can can go almost completely unnoticed by the pack (how else did she get away?)

Maybe she can't kill Kali for some reason?
And that's what she needs Derek for?

And is Kali some attempt at a new type of feminism?
A woman who doesn't like shoes?
I'm sorry but it's just getting dumber by the second. People don't mind having a barefoot woman walk into a hospital? Not even a stare?

P.S
How there they make an episode without Lydia right after throwing the bomb at what she is? :(
More+
Flag
I share some of yours concernings/confusions, I'll try to throw some light on this giving you my opinion :)

1) Like I said below, I agree with the theory of different reactions to the mistletoe from humans/supernatural people, but I still can't see the point of poisoning Dany and Cora (I hope they explain it to us at some point).

2) Maybe one of her druidic power is to teletransport, hahaha, but the important thing to me is why Derek was at his loft with Cora dying at the hospital.

3) I don't think she assumed that Lydia would survive or that Scott would show up, I think she jus wanted to eliminate a possible threat (Lydia) before keep on with the sacrifice stuff. And her saying that she would save Cora and Papa Stilinski was only a lie to make Derek and company save her from the Alphas.

4)I think her powers still are incomplete but right now she's doing all she can with the power that she already have. She's still weak but no so weak to not fight some times.

5) Yes, I thought that too xD Deucalion maybe can't, but Kali and the twins would have heard the good guys plotting conversation and ruin it.

6) I don't see how Derek fits on JB plan, maybe she felt attracted to Derek from the very first time due to some sort of magical conection originated by the first sacrifice (Derek's first true love).

P.S. I missed Lydia on this episode too :(
More +
Flag
This is totally out of my ass...mistletoe could have a more dire impact on werewolves than humans. Here is my out of thin air theory...so mistletoe is deadly to a god who was favored among all the others. Werewolves are descended from a family that tried to show up a god. As there are many writings comparing the various gods and even suggesting that they might have been the same just by different names, maybe then even though the Druids tried to help the werewolves certain things, even innocent things, were to be considered deadly.

Deucalion was listening to our heroes plotting in the hospital...Kali implied you had to focus your hearing so it isn't just a regular thing.

When Jennifer was trapped, I think she had only killed the virgins...

I think Jennifer can access power but it is like a burst and then she can't access it. Not exactly the power to fight a self healing werewolf with. She sort of feels like she owes Derek something since his killing Paige enabled her to hold onto her life. But, she wants to kill the Alphas on the lunar eclipse when they are a blind guy, a woman used to fighting with her claws and twins who might not be that great on their own. So, she could just like shoot them or whatever and she will have all these powers meaning they can't hurt her.
More +
Flag
I thnk that mistletoe is the bane of werewolves for a much simpler reason, as a failsafe protection the Druids included in their ritual to help the werewolves reshift into human beings.Let us not forget that mistletoe is their most sacred plant.
What surprises me is that they mentioned mandragore but once, and it seems they should have again.The root which looks like a human figure has had a long tradition as an extremely potent occult plant and must have some kind of effect, among others, on werewolves and maybe human beings.
Flag
that and hecholite (?) the mineral that the bank is lined with, I think they are building up the canon for future seasons too. You know other supernatural creatures coming at our Beacon Hills crew with other weapons or variation of weapons if they determine they have figured their ways around both mountain ash and mistletoe.
Flag
Hecatolite, or moonstone, is a semitransparent variety of orthoclase (adularia) and sometimes plagioclase (albite or oligoclase). Moonstone displays a bluish iridescence. It is occasionally found in pegmatites or alpine-type veins.

I looked at the bank vault, and it didn’t look like moonstone to me. I think whoever researched their facts goofed up a bit. Especially since moonstone is semiprecious, which means it is fairly uncommon. Now, if the bank vault had been made of pegmatite with the adularia occurring in it, it might have looked like fake marble.

I tried to copy pictures of moonstone and the pegmatite in my post, but it didn't work. I guess I'm not good enough with computers to make it work.
Flag
"mistletoe could have a more dire impact on werewolves than humans."

That's a really good idea, sort of like what mountain ash and wolfbane does to them, but maybe not as a severe a reaction.
Flag
I think that too, but why poison them (Dany, Cora)? That intrigues me :/
Flag
Thanks
Flag
We assume that she is the one who kidnaped the sheriff and mom Mc Call. There was a blackout and they were gone.The A Pack was in the vicinity and we have a precedence when Stiles' female friend was kidnaped during her birthday party in the cellar.I am just saying it is a probability, however minute.
The passage of time is very weird in the series because we ctually don't know how fast characters can really move.
Cops were on the scene, the series , however chose to follow the Sheriff, (partially duh!).
Jennifer is a very confused woman.
She got away from the A Pack because she was left for dead, and would have been if not for sacred tree.The question to be asked is why would Kali want to kill Jennifer just on this spot, where as an emmissary and Druid she was most powerful, even if the tree was inert.She couldn't kill her in town like all the rest ?
Even werewolves can have wax in their ears.Actually the series was very particular of when the werewolves were , yes, "allowed" to hear something or not.
Jennifer's lan is to get revenge and survive it, Apparently this involves a full eclipse of the moon and human sacrifice.
The allusion is that Kali and Jennifer were an item, or sisters, or members of the same sorority, and this was pledge week.

More +
Flag
I might be reading into your comment too much, but this is something I have wondered about since she was working with Harris at one point. Is the Darach working alone? I get that she has some supernatural abilities to project images and whatnot, but there are some things that I question a bit.

Like, she appears to be able to have burst of strength, but not enough to fight for a long time (like with Kali and the elevator) so I wonder how she toted the Sheriff whatever the distance between the school and, I guess, the area where Derek's house was once located (I had a similar question as to how Lydia managed to get Derek from his subway lair to his house last season). I don't think any of the Alphas are helping her and I kind of think everyone who does help her is doing so involuntarily. Like, i kind of wonder if the Sheriff was under her spell when he helped save Deaton...that was too coincidental, but I could totally understand why she might have wanted to occupy Scott, determine if he was a werewolf, not kill Deaton etcetera. But also, though, another healer was taken after Deaton was saved, and did she take off immediately from Derek's loft after Boyd died? So, maybe she just needed to get him as far as his car and then he drove.
More +
Flag
Stating the obvious, the Darach is a Druid, in this case a Druidess.she has the same powers as the White variety but distorted.She is able to control the people around her to have the optical illusion or cognitive dissonance of seeing her other than she really looks, so hypnosis is not that far fetched.
Flag
This is going to be brilliant, just keeps getting better!

The only bad thing about this episode was that we had to look at lady werewolf's toenails... *shudder*
Flag
The last minutes of the episode just made me weep. Tyler Posey and Dylan o'Brien were simply brilliant. Scott had to make a tough choice and I hope he won't live to regret it. This season is so great, the writers are handling all the storylines really well. Can't wait to see how the events will unfold.
Flag
Or rather, Scott hopes he might live long enough to regret it.
Flag
At this point in the show if I was a non-werewolf character I would have a bag of wolfsbane, mistletoe and MOUNTAAIN AAAAASH!
Flag
I have thought after the number of times Lydia asked Stiles questions about this or that, that he is going to spend the in between season becoming an expert in lycanthropy and Chris Argent might find this cute and give him a little stash of all that stuff himself.
Flag
For all we know, he is an expert, at least if he followed his assiduity through season one. I believe that Stiles is on the path to become a guardian, or even a Druid.
Flag
I thought that too, ever since he was able to complete the mountain ash circle around the rave last season. I thought maybe that he would become a student of Deaton's to be a new emissary. But I think that it's going to be Lydia, who will access new powers and be the key to everything stopping Jennifer most of all, and it will be a branch of the Nematon tree that will do it. If the tree is the source of her power, than maybe it can take it awya makie her vulnerable or kill her. Back to the emissary thing true she isn't a druid, but Scott isn't an ordinary werewolf and Ethan said she would be important to Scott. Plus Lydia has been fucked with for two seasons now, it's about time she kicks some ass!
Flag
Going back to a discussion I posted, banshees and one of the points of their screams is to guide passage to souls, so I imagine she is helpful in transitioning Lydia (which would mean Deucalion should be after her too). Its kind of why I am worried that is the sole thing she is around for and then she can pass over all from Peter's bite.
Flag
Yes me too, especially if Motorcycle Girl is dead, he might be. Well, sort of less of a druid or other emissary but more in line with Giles from Buffy. Maybe he himself is the beginning of a school of totally ordinary humans who befriend werewolves and become the academic expert on them (right now, he is pretty good on internet, but I am guessing Chris and Deaton can supplement that for him). They won't have any supernatural rules attached to them, but, I don't know they mention that Lydia has a sister, maybe she has Lydia's intelligence but not her confidence and gets involved in this and Stiles kind of becomes a big brother to her.
Flag
I am sorry to disagree with your "ordinary humans" line of reasoning on the grounds that the forces involved needs power and counter-power to maintain the equilibrium needed to maintain the peace. Human beings left without means of occult self-defence and offence will never survive in that environment, especially, if as you said elsewhere, there are other monsters coming our way in coming seasons.
Flag
Mountain Dew or that vitamin drink they are trying to place. Placement is very important to those people.But I resist.
Flag
I've been drinking lots of mountain dew for some reason haha
Flag
and skittles
skittles are awesome
Flag
Or Druid Panoramix's magic potion. Well, it worked for Asterix.
Flag
WAIT A MINUTE! When is the next full moon? Kali gave Derek 'till the full moon to kills his pack BUT episode 12 is called lunar eclipse so when exactly is this full moon happening? Remember last season when there was a full moon every 2 episodes? LOL

Flag
Its actually Lunar Ellipse which apparently is some sort of mathematical term. Or it is called that just to screw with us. I know, last season, it was exactly every three episodes, full moon. I am guessing the full moon begins at the end of next episode and continues into the mid season finale.
Flag
Will the villains survive past episode 12? This season is supposed to be in 2 parts so is it possible for one of the villains to remain villains for next season or is their ark gonna be over in episode 12?
Flag
My call: Kali will die, Deucalion will be defeated but might escape a la Grampa Argent to remain a future threat, one or both of the Twunks may survive to join the Hale/McCall pack in order to maintain the shirtless-male quota. Danny may/may not become a werewolf and join the pack, he will most likely learn about the werewolves by the end of this arc. (Unless Jackson has already clued him in.)
The Darach is not going to survive. She has threatened both Scott's Mom and Stile's Dad. Most likely she's going to kidnap Allison's Dad next episode.
Flag
You would think that Jackson would have totally clued him in OR that Danny (being as smart as he is) would have figured it out, especially seeing Cousin Miguel all over the place, too. But the writers just let that part slide.

I would hope they kill DW off, but you pretty much repeated what I've said for about three episodes now, except for the part about Danny. And unfortunately since they don't like to write villains as permanently dead, he'll be a new member of the Peter and Gramps club.

For whatever reason MTV or the studio will not let the producers make Daniel Sherman (Issac) a permanent cast member, unless they lose him to another show or some other reason, they are unlikely to change Danny's status to werewolf, IMHO, unless they elevate Danny to regular. Sine I agree with you that the Twunks will be kept on past Lunar Ellipse, we have two extra werewolves (one to make up for Boyd's death, although he never got any lines really) on cast.
Flag
I agree with almost all, but I think they'll be more cliff-hangery. So probably the Darach and Kali will be dead (Kali possibly from fighting Deucalion because of Ennis and/or Julia), Ethan will fight on the BH pack side, everything looks good ... and then Deucalion will introduce some terrible mortal peril with no more Darach or Kali or Ennis to help take him down. I'm pretty sure they'll want to keep us on tenterhooks for January!
Flag
"Follow the click clacks". I'm worried.. is it possible to die of laughter?

The episode was perfect. I'm getting used to the product placement. Didn't understand what the backup camera does. Shows what's behind the car? What's the point? Can't you just use the middle mirror?

Anyway... Taking the specific parrents surely reduces the chances of success. Moreover, the Darach would have only the alpha pack to be against her, most likely Scott would be the only one to argue about more 3 people dieing, knowing that those would be the last and after that she would be in position to kill the whole alfa pack. So here are my 2 guesses:
1) She needed to sacrifice single-parents because only those are guardians (if there are 2 parents, the children still have a second person to rely on). Even if the parents are divorced, the kid has both. The kid had to have only one parent present in their life (or alive?) for their parent to count as a guardian.
2) For some reason she wants to have more enemies or she wants to help Deucalion... Either she plays in double taubleu or she will get more power if the alpha pack has more members (thus she kills more).
More+
Flag
... Who is the bigger threat to our heroes' well-being: The Darach or the Alpha pack?
I'm on a tie, both the Darach and Deucalion. But I hope Duke will make Scott an Alpha :)

Her love for murder. Sure I get that what happened her isn't good, but murdering innocents, who have nothing to do with anything is a BIG NO NO

I would choose Peter because I always like the anti heroes with a romance

I always like everything Peter does or wears
Flag
IF WOULD HAVE KILLED JENNIFER. WE WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM. THERE WOULD BE NO DENNIFER. OR ANY PAIN. JUST ALPHAS. SIGH.
Flag
Okay. So JB's plan pre finding out that Stiles and Scott had told Derek already: Swoop in and save Cora, thereby proving herself a Good Guy in Derek's eyes and solidifying his trust? (and also, possibly, getting Cora and Peter onside too)

Was she always planning to get Melissa or did she just see the opportunity because she was in the hospital? Was she expecting the alpha pack to show up? I doubt it personally.

Why did she need Derek's help against the alpha pack before they turned up at the hospital? She must have wanted something more than an escape route because she didn't need an escape route at the time she made the deal. She's been doing okay without them so far. Do her virgin 'innocence' powers not work after she's shown to definitely be the Darach/evil? So she was hidden as long as no one saw her do anything, but as soon as they saw her, she can't mind-whammy them any more?

If we believe that she poisoned Cora then she must have done it in the last episode before she even knew she had been revealed, so that implies that she needed Derek's trust/help before that and not just as a backup.
More+
Flag
Other than to annoy the audience with the scene of Stiles and Derek working with her, to show the teens and Derek as conveniently forgetting to call or touch base with Deaton, to have a weird reason to be at the loft immediately after the recital instead of at Cora's bedside, and to give the actress some actual scenes, there really was not good reason for all that.

Some people on line have posited that she was ensnaring Derik by some sort of trickery or magic (although originally they were saying that it was because the Darach was in league with Demon Wolf and it was all part of the Alpha Pack plot against Derek), so perhaps that equation still plays into it.

It's a lot that has to be explained in two episodes, which so far have as much action as the last two have had, which means likely we will end up with just as many plot holes as before.
Flag
I had an epiphany while reading the comments..and have figured out the season finale... and how Scott becomes an Alpha..

I'd tell everyone..but don't want to get yelled at for being "spoilery" lol

But I am happy to see that it wasn't Peter in the flashbacks with Paige. I thought that was dumb.

I think the only part of his story that he was lying about was his role in getting Paige bit by Ennis. He obviously didn't tell Derek he was doing it.. I think Peter's eyes are blue because he is no longer an Alpha because Derek took his powers. And as an Alpha he killed all those innocent people..including Laura Hale.

With that said.. who did Peter kill to become an Alpha? Was it Derek's mom? Wait...wait... lol. Is that why he is CGI Alpha? Because Derek's mom could actually shapeshift into a wolf. So Peter decided to shapeshift into super CGI Alpha? Will Deucalion be a CGI Alpha as well..since he's killed more werewolves than anyone??

Another question..has anyone explained what happened to Cora for 6 years?? Was she immediately captured by the Alpha Pack??

More+
Flag
Cora was in South America; we haven't been told why everyone though she was in the Hale house during the fire, or how/what she was doing in SA, much less how the Alpha Pack caught her (or specifically when, although it's implied that it's since Derek became an Alpha so somewhat recent).

According to the show runner, Peter killed an innocent, they just haven't gotten into it that. This is why many people have assumed that Paige's story was his story.
Flag
Will they explain why Peter was super CGI Alpha.. ?? Or is it the whole they have a shapeshifter gene? Because (I'm assuming) Derek's mom is Peter's sister. IN theory they could both be shapeshifters...
Flag
Peter killed Derek's sister, Laura Hale, who was an Alpha. We found that out in S1.
Flag
THANKS I think I missed that Laura was an alpha. Which begs the question..who did she kill lol

Cause it seems Derek's mom was a true shapeshifter.. (and died in the fire right?) I would think with it being so rare..that maybe they have the genes for a Hale to be a true alpha. Oh well
Flag
1/ Who is a bigger threat? At this point the Darach. She's going to take out all the wolves and their loved ones at the lunar eclipse.
2/ The Darach's personality is the big turn-off.
3/ I'd like to see Mrs. McCall dating Peter Hale. She's known Sheriff Stilinski for years without anything happening so why would it happen now? Parent's don't date the parents of the children's lovers.
4/ I liked Peter in his sweater.

Now, bring in Lydia and Danny.
Flag
In the end it is Deucalion. I think he is lying and actually working with/letting the Darach walk around killing people.
Her love of murder, definitely. Although her face isn't exactly a something you would like to look at.
Mr Stilinsky!
Yes, but not as much as his facial expression when he had that needle pointing out his chest.
Notes: When the Darach told about the legend of the mistletoe, I rememberd that it wasn't Loke/Loki who shot the arrow at Balder, he only constructed it. Instead, it was Balder's blind brother Höder/Hödr who killed him by accident. Anyone else think it's a coinfidence that Deucalion is blind? Maybe I'm reading into things ...
Flag
Interesting point about Hödr; although I would think he would want to kill Kali in purpose, not accident. Maybe he kills Morrell by accident, but he doesn't feel close to her they way Kali did Julia. I doubt it's the Twunks, they apparently are in the next set of twelve episodes.
Flag
... I think they're both equal threats to our heroes, just in different ways. It seems they're going to have to take the "first one, then the other" approach.

... That she's such a complete asshole about everything. I think that's the most unattractive thing about her. You can't expect sympathy b/c you were murdered when you clearly have no qualms about murdering innocent (mostly) kids. Plus her narcissism was laughable.

Jennifer: "Derek, I know you're really worried about what and ugo I am, but I swear I only wanted you to see my pretty face!"

Derek: "Bitch, what are you babbling about now? Jesus, I can't get out of this elevator fast enough!"

... I need more time to decide this. She hasn't had enough screen time with either for me to make an informed decision.

... His sweater was maybe even more ridiculous than the Darach's assholery. What look was that, really?
Flag
pew pew pew HAHA gets me EVERY time

I am absolutely loving this season, and I say it after each episode. Much darker, more twists, awesome moments, and characters I'm really starting to care about.
Flag
Flag
I suppose we're all asked to compromise. If we grant that morality is the property of an individual (though obviously informed by other social and cultural networks defining and monitoring acceptable behavior)—i.e., that it's a code of conduct deemed acceptable to oneself—then it is not a matter of defining what is "right" or "wrong" but where along the scale of "ideal" to "absolutely unacceptable" a behavior falls given the context in which the decision must be made and the likely (or possible) consequences of those actions. If asked to weigh priorities, knowing that at least one priority will need to be compromised, a person may be forced to make a decision that impedes some part of their moral code, even if they resist making that decision. So...and I think this is where your poll is coming from...a person must choose whether (1) they accommodate the most immediate violation of their moral code or (2) address the most egregious violation of their moral code. For Teen Wolf instance, does Derek give up his alpha powers to save Cora, since not saving her when able to would be tantamount to killing her, but consequently leave himself, her, Peter and the other wolves more vulnerable to attack? Or does he prioritize the well-being of the pack over the immediate safety of an individual?

The "right"-ness of a decision could easily be a combination of moral acceptability and smart strategy. If morality is governed by intention, right-ness is mediated by rational consideration of possible outcomes. Derek, however well-meaning, hardly ever makes the RIGHT decisions. This doesn't make them immoral, just poorly thought out.
More +
Flag
Its kind of a personal point of view. What is moral and immoral varies from person to person
Flag
This question is difficult because it depends on the person. I mean it's no so black and white. The Argents showed us that especially Chris when it comes to whats right and what wrong and his morals.
Flag
The picture with Derek on the floor needed the "Is it Friday yet?" caption, in my opinion.
Flag

MRS MCCALL AND PAPA STILINSKI <3333 OTPPPP 4 LIFEEE
Flag
I watched Immortals too and it was one of the worst movies I've ever watched. I did appreciate the shirtlessness but the story? Yikes.
Flag
It was too confusing, if you know anything about Greek mythology. They just picked random elements, ignored much and what they did use, they picked selectively. Hyperion has way too much going his way for no rationale basis. The best part was the lack of clothing. It was worth what I paid to see, which was free at the LA premiere.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members