A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

Teen Wolf S03E04: "Unleashed"

I am not a parent and haven't been for at least a few months now, but I DO know a few of the main rules of parenting. In my opinion the first rule of parenting is, whenever possible, do not padlock your child in an unplugged deep freezer. That's rule #1 of parenting. The second rule of parenting is, if you are a single parent, try to work all night every night or maybe just be absent in general. Nobody really needs your input, least of all your visibly troubled teen. There are many more rules of parenting, but the last one worth mentioning is, if you live in a town where dozens of people in your peer group go missing or are murdered every few days, don't make a big deal out of it. Just let the local, under-equipped Sheriff and/or his teenage child handle everything. Oh, actually, my final parenting tip, and this is just hypothetical, but if you serve only Wild Berry LifeSavers Gummies for every meal for weeks on end, your children might personally call Child Protective Services on you because that's a jerk thing to do. All of the above rules are good rules for parenting.

The reason I've got parenting on the brain is that, as it turns out, Isaac is the #1 thing I care about in life anymore and "Unleashed" reminded us of just how messed up his upbringing was. It doesn't matter if a person looks like the Statue of David come to life, some traumas stay with you, and in Isaac's case some of his past hardships include getting beaten up a lot by his dad and also his dad and brother were murdered by a humanoid lizard because they'd hazed a kid to death at a house party. Isaac has had a difficult upbringing basically! It's no wonder that lately he seems on the verge of a meltdown; bench press supersets are only so effective when it comes to channeling your issues.

Anyway, it seems weird to talk about Isaac in "Unleashed" when I can just SHOW you Isaac in "Unleashed"! Also some other stuff happened as well, I'll mention some of that too I guess.

This week's murderrific cold open concerned a hunky high school senior and his ailing lapdog. After Scott and the weird veterinarian pulled a mistletoe pellet (?) out of the dog, it ran off into the shadows and its owner followed some whispers and stuck his hand under a dumpster and got BIT.

But it wasn't the dog who bit him! It was some other whispery shadow creep! Which meant the man had only one option: to stick his hand back under the dumpster.

Needless to say, it didn't end well for that guy!

Poor doggie. Maybe you can go live with Scott now. That is where all wet & cute things go to live.

So meanwhile Stiles was stressin' about being a virgin because so far three virgins had been ritualistically murdered. And that's when Teen Wolf busted out not one but TWO of its patented 'straight dudes openly joking about sleeping together' jokes. First Scott did a bit about how he'd de-virginized the missing dude from the animal clinic (I think? Did my wooziness from this scene in general make me misunderstand this part?) but Stiles did NOT think it was funny. AND THEN Danny and his cleavage overheard Stiles talking about needing to lose his virginity so he swooped in and offered to BONE STILES.

And Stiles CONSIDERED IT.

AND THEN THIS HAPPENED:

And yes, the possibly drug addicted, mentally troubled P.E. coach openly checked out both guys. So in other words everything about this scene was perfect and it most likely ruined all of our lives forever because we are all dead now.

So anyway, in P.E. class the kids were, I guess, doing their cross-country running unit, as high school P.E. classes do. Isaac, who had been held captive in a bank vault for several months days where he apparently bench pressed Erica Boyd the whole time, came to discover that those Alpha Twunks were also in his P.E. class and man, he HATED those guys.

But I hate to be the bearer of good news, but I think I love these twins now. I mean look at their faces when they run! Just a coupla murderous teddy bears.

Anyway, then 100% of the P.E. class' werewolf population broke off into the woods so that they could all THROW DOWN.

Unfortunately after some pretty minor tussling they were all interrupted by the unmistakable shrieks of someone who's just discovered another murdered student.

It was the guy from the animal clinic the night before! And according to the baffled looks on the twins' faces, our heroes surmised that the Alpha Pack was probably not behind the murder.

Speaking of the Alpha Pack, they really know how to interrupt a good werewolf workout.

Derek got stabbed through the chest with a pipe! I have not yet been stabbed through the chest with a pipe, but it looked pretty painful! Not lethal though, don't worry.

So then Deucalion The Blind tottered into the room and I realized that so far the only downside to his physical disability is that he keeps accidentally buying child-sized sweaters. Anyway, he was there to yammer about some werewolf junk, whatever.

Beacon Hills High has a worrisome shortage of teachers considering how many of them are pulling double duty lately. Like, here's this lady, the guidance counselor, barking French into everybody's faces. It even woke Allison up!

MRS. ARGENT! I know she was just a momentary and hallucinatory flash in the mind of a grieving daughter, but still: This is what joy feels like, dear reader. COME BACK PLS. (Is it probably too much to hope that Mrs. Argent is in the process of resurrecting HERSELF much like Peter Hale had once done? Just wondering. Just desperately, desperately wondering.)

So this guy's still teaching. It's not clear how many warehouse raves he's attended since the last time we saw him, but it's always nice to see a familiar creepy face!

This part was great & weird: Isaac got super mad in class and asked to go to the bathroom so that he could hallway tussle with some twunks.

But then, they didn't attack Isaac! One of them just started whaling on the other!

And seriously, this was the look on the one twin's face when it was happening:

So creepy! I don't know about you guys but I am so glad these twins are starting to have personalities.

Anyway, Isaac was momentarily baffled about what was going on, but then it became clear: He was being framed!

Haha, oldest werewolf trick in the werewolf book. Inflicting tons of pain on yourself in order to get some dude thrown into detention. Classic!

Stiles' dad was mad that Stiles was openly questioning the murder victims' loved ones about their virginity statuses. In this case, the newest murder victim wasn't a virgin so some new motive must be in effect. Also as a sidenote, did you notice that THE FBI were in town to help investigate the murders? WHAT ON EARTH? Is that ALLOWED? You're telling me that dozens of murders in a suburban town wouldn't be completely ignored by national law enforcement authorities? Guys, I'm confused. I guess I assumed that mass murder was NBD but maybe I was wrong about that. Anyway, good luck, FBI!

At some point Boyd walked up and said a line about how the newest murder victim was in ROTC and then he walked off. Very helpful, thanks Boyd!

So, Allison also had gotten detention because she wasn't completely honest with her French teacher/guidance counselor about why she'd been loitering in the abandoned bank where her werewolf friends were being held captive and forced to fight to the death. That sort of thing gets you detention at Beacon Hills High, but on the upside it meant she got to spend some quality time locked in the supply closet with Isaac.

I guess I'd forgotten this but in the Season 2 finale she almost MURDERED him. Fortunately for her, he wasn't really feeling like holding a grudge, so it was fine.

Mistakes were made, we've all been there. Anyway call me a softie but I like that these two are having sparks lately. It seems like there hasn't been any good romance since Scott and Allison called it quits, so this is a fun (and probably doomed) matchup! Also I'm starting to get the sense that Allison has a type, what do you guys think?

But the flirtation was short-lived because then the twunks blocked the closet door with a soda machine and Isaac suddenly had flashbacks to when his dad used to lock him in an unplugged deep freezer. It was actually very hard to watch! I mean YOU try and not have your heart hurt whenever Isaac is in distress! So yeah, then he wolfed out and tried to bite Allison. Fortunately Scott stepped in!

Fortunately he cooled down ASAP and Allison immediately forgave him for scratching her wrist. I think she understood that he'd been the victim of abuse. I think she also understood that JUST LOOK AT HIM. #Sorry

This happened when they teamed up to steal one of the twunks' motorcycles. That is also when THIS happened:

Perfect selfie. Perfect product placement. P.S. I know you are going to ask, so here it is: A cropped version of this photo that YOU can set as YOUR phone's wallpaper:

ENJOY YOUR NEW WALLPAPER!

So the revenge prank that our heroes pulled had to do with Scott bringing out a bunch of motorcycle parts during class in order to enrage the twunks and then one of the twunks ran into the hallway where Isaac was riding his motorcycle and then Isaac backflipped off of it and ran away so that it looked like one of the twunks ran out of class in order to stand beside a running motorcycle. It was the perfect prank and the twunk got suspended!

Haha! Mess with the best, etc. (I was really feelin' the performance of that girl standing behind Scott. She was a natural.)

I honestly don't know how long Derek had to kneel on the floor of his loft with a pole through his chest, but it seemed like all day? Anyway, Deucalion was making speeches about how it is essential for Derek to start murdering his own pack so as to absorb their powers and be worthy enough to join Deucalion's pack or else. I am not sure if I got that right. I am also not sure if Deucalion once effed Derek's mom or not, or maybe that was just him playing the dozens? Werewolf snaps. Who knows, werewolf culture is a mystery to me. Also, then lightning started happening and Deucalion had an announcement to make:

Haha okay, whatever, guy. I don't know what a Demonwolf is, but I have a feeling it requires A LOT of Febreze.

Meanwhile back at school Lydia had another fugue state incident in which she suddenly found herself in an incorrect classroom drawing a picture of an oak tree not unlike the one at the end of the new Teen Wolf credits. Also there was an abandoned smart phone (can't remember the brand name or any of its functions, blocked out that info immediately) on which there was a recording of the music teacher getting kidnapped and then someone pressing play on the Dark Knight Rises soundtrack. You know, that 'hoo ha, hoo hoo ha' chant. I know it was supposed to be creepy but it just made me start daydreaming about Bane again. Oh, Bane. Didn't we almost have it all?

At this point Stiles had the genius idea of asking pointed questions of a man he'd consulted with so many times in the past. The veterinarian!

He confirmed that the killings were druidic in nature, but not likely real druids because druids were mostly pretty chill, just somebody impersonating druids. Maybe? The most interesting part was that he implied that his entire purpose in life was to prepare for/fear the coming druid threat, so yeah. Three seasons in and we're finally figuring out just who the f*ck this guy is. Pardon my French & my guidance counseling.

So then it was time for one last hallway rumble, and you know what THAT means!

#fisting

Unfortunately, just when the Werewolf Voltron started chasing Scott and Isaac, Deucalion the DEMONWOLF showed up to werewolf-cockblock them!

And the punishment he exacted was kind of hilarious!

This show is a special show and it has probably not ever been quite as special as in this scene. Just a very, very special show Teen Wolf is.

So after Stiles realized that the newest round of murder victims were military-themed, they remembered that the creepy, rave-attending teacher had a military background and was therefore in danger! Also when the teacher was grading tests, instead of traditional grades he wrote the letters of some evil druidic term. Another clue!

This was sad and felt terrible to all of our heart bones: Derek was worried that he'd probably have to murder someone in his pack and therefore kicked Isaac out of his loft. ISAAC! Yeah, it was for Isaac's own good, but hasn't Isaac been through enough, universe?!

Poor Isaac! His only family rejecting him once more? How much heartache can one golden-hued demigod TAKE?

Fortunately Isaac wasn't entirely out of options.

UHH YES. This turn of events, up to and including the wet t-shirt, was perfect. Best season ever.

Oh, the teacher HAD definitely been kidnapped. But before he was killed, he pleaded with the unseen killer that he'd 'done his part' or whatever. Which meant he was somehow involved in the overall druid plot? Which, wasn't this same teacher sort of in league with Peter Hale in the past? Or did I just dream that? Anyway, I still think Peter Hale is doing all this stuff. (Unless it's Mrs. Argent. COULD IT BE MRS. ARGENT?) Anyway #2, then he died.

Another regular-ish character bites the dust! Farewell, teach. May you attend all the teenage warehouse raves in heaven.

Guys I am not sure if tons of valuable storytelling happened in this episode, but the dark geniuses who write this thing still saw fit to grant us a whole bowl full of candy to tide us over 'til dinnertime. Locker room scenes. Brutal murder. Campy speeches. Hallway fights. Romance. Gay subtext. Gay surtext. Mrs. Argent. ISAAC. It is really hard to complain about all the good and fun things on display here. Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to eagerly awaiting the next episode of Teen Wolf.

BYEE

QUESTIONS

... Should Stiles lose his virginity just to be safe & if so with whom?

... Was Mrs. Argent's appearance a hallucination or foreshadowing?

... Do you approve of Allison and Isaac getting together?

... Which aspect of this episode most ruined YOUR life?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

438 Comments
Comments (438)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Getting this out there I HATE love triangles I am no longer watching TVD for a reason, do not take away teen wolf.

Flag
I felt sooo bad for Isaac, he always gets screwed over and he is so sweet. I honestly think it is his loyalty that gets him picked on. Everyone knows that he is so loyally he won't abandon people even if they treat him like crap.
Flag
I think the wet tee, the deep v, and the shirtlessness ruined my life, but we need more towel moments this season!

Awesome AWESOME recap. Dibs. Twunk (and really, can #fisting be the top trending thing?) I Am The Demon Woof/Bye. Confusion Boner.

I'm excited because I'm catching up, so I don't have to wait a week for the next photo recap!
Flag
Sorry, I tried to scan the comments, but I can't read 417 - Issac's brother dies in combat - not via the Kanima (lizard) Price references. If someone else caught that, mea culpa. If NOT, really, you guys?
Flag
the part that ruined my life was Isaac getting kicked out. i get that it was for his own good, what with Derek not wanting to kill him or whatever. but for some reason seeing Isaac in any pain whether physical or emotional just really makes my heart hurt, theres just something about him, he just makes you feel his pain....and i hate him for it!
Flag
The worse part of it was glass thrown at him, since it's a direct reference to the father throwing - and the shard getting on his cheek. Unless Issac had specifically been told about the incident (rather than just generally knowing about the abuse), Derek probably didn't know what he was doing - but the audience knows so it's just really, really awful.
Flag
This show is just ridiculous. Ridiculous I tell you. Derek spent an entire episode with a pipe in his chest. That one twin is totally into Dom/Sub kinky bizness. The Vet is still doing that cryptic stuff that I should hate becuase it's so cliche but I don't becuase I just kinda like this guy. Boyd needs things to do! Words to say. Stuff.
-If they can just press the pause on the Isaac torturing.
Flag
Everyone likes the Vet because he was on the Wire and its impossible to dislike anyone that was involved in the masterpiece that was the Wire.
Flag
My life was ruined by how perfect Danny is offering to take Stiles' virginity. Stanny? Diles? Whatever, I ship them.
And Isaac in a wet tshirt staying over at Scott's? Hey Scisaac.

Flag
I agree - so much goodness in this episode!
The locker room scene was EPIC, and I was howling with laughter (and just plain squeeing) the entire time.
Derek was pinned like a butterfly and still only seemed to care about his sister being ok - maybe NOW she'll stop being such a BRAT?
Isaac, poor Isaac - is there no end to his suffering? The twins seem to have singled him out, he has flashbacks to his HORRIBLE upbringing, and then his substitute father/older brother-figure Derek KICKS HIM OUT?!? I mean - WE know it was for his own good, but ISAAC doesn't! He was soooo heartbroken, being thrown out into the storm by the person he thought he could rely on. *sniffles*
And then wet-t-shirt-Isaac housecrashed Scott... <3

Also: Yes, Stiles should lose his virginity, preferably to Derek (who is showing faaar too much interest in Ms. New Teacher), but nearly anyone will do - I just don't see it with Lydia, Scott and him are BROS, Isaac and him doesn't have that chemistry, Allison is busy with werewolfie boys, and Danny would be a good tumble but I don't see it going anywhere. ;)

Isaac and Allison? Maybe - but I don't see it going anywhere beyond flirting and maybe a failed kiss? On the other hand, they both have slightly f*cked up backgrounds... But no, I see them more as future BFF's or brother/sister type relationship, which could work out great even if Allison and Scott got back together; Isaac as a good friend to both will probably work better in the long run than a lovetriangle.
And if they DO go with the triangle, they need a true, polyamorous threesome - it wouldn't be that big a step, there's already chemistry between all three, but if they're hesitant to pull a Sterek, I don't think we'll be seing a true threesome anytime soon either. :p
More+
Flag
Jeff make another Q&A and said this about Allison,Scott and Isaac:
i’m not a fan of love triangles actually. i know people love them, but i wanted the allison, isaac and scott situation to take a different direction. let me know what you think after this twelve is done!
Yes!!!!, love triangles has to be banned from tv,movies,books and even in real live. I hate them, still suffering from Peeta/Katniss and Gale and not to mention the intolerable Stefan/Elena/Damon. hahaha.
Flag
Yes , he should do it , with Lydia or Cora :p
I think it was an hallucination.
I approve it.
When Stiles actually seemed to consider Danny's offer .
Flag
I have to say, I'm not too surprised by Allison-Isaac sparks, but I do hope this is a line show-writers toe very carefully. (And really, Teen Wolf has yet to disappoint with plot decisions, so I'm optimistic.) I fear that an actual fling would jeopardize Isaac's relationship with Scott, which I'm far more fond of than Scott's with Allison. I like Scott and Allison together; they have strong chemistry, and despite the most adverse of circumstances, still seem to really care for one another deeply. But I'm not overly attached to love-of-one's-life teen romance. If these two are going to end up together ultimately, they both need intermediary love interests while they mature, but I would prefer hers not to be Isaac.
Flag
Yes, and with Danny. He totally has a man-crush on Danny. I'm still pretty sad about his childhood friend. That would have been nice for him. :(

Why yes. I think we'll be seeing more of her!

Nope. Lame. We know she's just gonna end up with Scott anyway. No point in putting beautiful Isaac through the drama. I'm realizing we're actually a little low on female characters, at this point! He could have been cute with Erica!

That locker room scene really was the best thing ever! So full of half naked guys and blatant man on man talk. Loved it. :)
Flag
Where the hell was Peter in this episode!!!????
Flag
Ohmigod, thank you so much for that .gif! Ok, now I'm going to continue reading the recap.
Flag
Mr. Harris (the teacher dude that died) helped Kate Argent. He was the one who told her how to torch the Hale house. Because he's a chemistry teacher. and knows his way around the stuff. So yeah, he basically told Kate Argent how to get away with arson.

Peter Hale wanted to murder him in season one, but he died before he got to it.
Flag
Guys, I have to say it. I'm not feelin Isaac. I said it.
Flag
What? That's like kicking a puppy? No, it's alright. He's a it of an acquired taste. No worries.
Flag
Totally fair. He aight, but he's pretty much the werewolf Stiles, which is...aight.
Flag
Werewolf Stiles, that is good. Never thought of that in that way.
Flag
Totally and shamelessly taken from Bleumystique. Pass it on.
Flag
Professional antagonists need a sharp memory to survive in the wilderness.

Not that, y'know, I had thought of it before, too...I just didn't say nothin', and then you did. So it's kinda like it's both ours. *nod*
Flag
Haha! You remembered.
Flag
You must be kidding. How rude!!!. Even Isaac felt bad. hahahahaha

Flag
Isaac is my new fave so Im kind've feelin he & Allison (Isaac just needs some love, poor thing!). I am not looking forward to a love triangle mess tho...

Flag
I am so not here for Allison/Isaac. It makes no sense to me. Why would she break up with Scott for werewolf reasons only to turn around and hook up with another one? *shrugs* This show didn't/doesn't need any triangle mess.

Also, are these two actors dating irl? Yeah okay......leave stupid shit like this to TVD *eyeroll*

That said, good ep.
Flag
Am I the only one that does not like Ms Blake? I just do not trust her, someone that sickly cute has to be really evil.
Flag
Sickly cute and innocently sweet are all ways you can spell E-V-I-L in my book. I can't wait to find out
Flag
Nope, we all are in the same boat. Thinking that Ms. Blake is evil. Our list of who could possibly be the dark druid is getting bigger and bigger.
Flag
Good to know I am not on my own. I looked up the meaning of her name Jennifer. Interestingly it has Celtic origins and is thought to mean 'white fairy' or 'white phantom'. This could mean she is not evil, but I am still convinced there is more to her than meets the eye. I get the feeling that one way or another Derek is going to get his heart broken again.
Flag
That is my fear as well. I mean, it is too soon to get a read on her one way or the other and maybe she turns out to be one fo the good guys but I don't have much trust in her or the story right now.
Flag
Okay, I just rewatched the episode and I have some questions because my memory is completely foggy (must be old age :P) 1. Does Scott know that the guidance counselor was at the bank? 2. Does Scott (or anyone else) know that the vet and guidance counselor know each other? I should know the answer to both these questions but...*shrug* Poor memory. I'm asking these questions because if the vet could somehow find out that the guidance counselor was at the bank, he'd most likely confront her.
Flag
I don't think Scott knows that they know each other, and it's unclear if he knows she was at the bank--I think he saw her putting down the wolfsbane ring, but can't recall.

My theory is that SHE'S behind the killings. Think about it: if she's working with Deucalion (though she could be a double agent), it would make some sense. And if she's a druid, too, (which makes sense, cuz she and the vet are BFFs) she could be the one who "went dark."

The fact that this seems obvious to me means one of two things: 1) I'm completely wrong because this show is so good with deception; or 2) I'm completely right, because this show deceives people by thinking the obvious can't possibly be right when it is.
Flag
I feel like rewatching the ep to see if he actually saw her... And I love what you wrote about the show deceiving people. I remember during season 1 everyone started to say Peter Hale was the alpha and then people thought it couldn't possibly be him because it was too obvious. :P
Flag
Allison knows, and even if the show wants you to think that she and Scott aren't talking, but the whole Issac/Allison/Scott motorcycle moment, you would think Allison might mention it.
Flag
It's such a great way to keep the audience on their toes. I'm constantly thinking, "Hmm, that's too obvious. But wait, does that make it right? But then it's super obvious? But is that what they want me to think? Aaaaghh!" In the best way, of course.
Flag
I'm always doing that too lol
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Did anyone catch when the guy at the beginning of the episode called Scott the Alpha or am I the only one?
Flag
He did call Scott the alpha. And the vet looked a little concerned by this. But I don't know what it means.
Flag
Staff
No, he said his other two dogs consider this small dog to be the alpha, and it made Scott uncomfortable to hear that word.
Flag
Nope, the dog is being submissive, showing the belly and doing it to Scott. Sorry, love the recaps and you are often spot on but in humor and theories, but not in this detail.
Flag
I'm pretty sure OP is right on this one. The dog's demeanor (i.e., on his back, allowing Scott to rub his belly) is submissive. I think soon-to-be-dead ROTC-guy recognizes this and unwittingly jokes about Scott being an alpha. As in S3ep1 when Isaac's rescuer refers to Scott as an alpha or earlier in S2 when Derek acknowledges Scott's already a kind of de facto alpha, I think it's an indication of his potential as one, his apparently innate leadership skills, and perhaps the reason Deucalion feels threatened by him, all of which the shrewd Dr. Deaton has probably also noticed. All that said, however, I'm not sure we should read too much into it at this point other than some heavy and exciting foreshadowing.
Flag
Oh...Thanks for clearing that up, Price
Flag
Is the alpha pack even a pack of alphas? Really? It seems like the Demon Wolf, Deucalion (or however you spell his name) is the one in charge and everyone follows along with his demands. It seems that he's the only alpha and they're his betas.
Flag
1) Yes, he should have sex with either Lydia or Danny (it is weird typing your own name when talking about someone else btw).
2) I think it was purely a hallucination, but I don't think it was the last we've seen of Mrs. Argent.
3) No, definitely not shipping them. I'll ship Scisaac instead.
4) Derek kicking Isaac out was devastating, especially when Derek chucked a glass at Isaac...poor kid :(
Also, Isaac is totally becoming one of my favorite characters quickly.
Flag
Derek and Ms. Blake. I'm a Sterek shipper and I don't multiship. that being said, I'm starting to dislike the way this relationship is being forced on us. we know next to nothing about her but we should be cheering for them to get together and be glad there is something good in Derek's life? sorry, but no. I don't trust her much and I don't particularly like her and I'm way too fond of Derek to latch onto the first hetero ship they throw his way. especially if it is as heavy handed as those 2 scenes. honestly, I expected a bit more from this show.
Also, Ms. Blake reminded me a lot of Stiles in the scene. it was pretty much the same reaction Stiles had both in the police car and in his room in the first season. and Derek seemed fond watching that reaction. the reason for that fondness, well I guess we all have our own explanations but I refuse to jump for joy just because of slow motion and sweeping music.
Flag
I agree about the Derek/Ms Blake storyline feeling forced. I am hoping that she is behind the murders, that at least would be a good reason for her presence in the plot.
Flag
There's definitely something up with her. Can't be that straightforward right?
Flag
Absolutely, I just can't decide whether it is to do with the Darach story line or the Alpha pack. I feel like she is an infiltrator, sent to undermine him in some way. You know, build him up, then let him down massively.
Flag
Did anyone else find it notice how angry Scott seemed to get when he overheard one of the twunks asking out Lydia? Even Isaac said - 'now he's getting under your skin' or something along the lines of that.
I just found it strange because Scott hasn't really had much to do with Lydia lately. I know they made out in S1 when he was having all sorts of wolfy growing pains but yeah it's not like the twunk was hitting on Allison.

Great recap as usual and love that Isaac - the golden hued demigod is becoming more prominent this season!
Flag
My husband and I were watching and I was baffled about why Scott should be so angry when Aidan(?) was talking to Lydia. My hubby said that they are friends now so that would explain Scott's feelings. I'm not so sure BUT they have been through a lot together so maybe he does feel some concern for her.
Flag
Since Scott's first full moon, there has always been something connecting Scott and Lydia, it seemed to have a dark sexual component at first, but now I think he, or more particularly his wolf recognizes her as pack. And basically as already feeling the Alpha protective genes, some part of him probably was like, she is my pack mate (which I suspect once Peter gleefully points out to them at some point that technically they are) and I will tolerate her with Jackson or Stiles but not this ass (though, humorously, Aiden seems like he would be the one in danger now that Lydia has time to think about it, she can certainly control those emotional ones). I wonder if he would have the same reaction if it were anyone else.
Flag
did anyone's heart ache when boyd said his only friend died?! BOYD, LET STILES AND SCOTT AND ISAAC BE YOUR FRIEND!!
Flag
That was so sad...
Flag
Heh, this show. 'Twunks.' Heh, this reviewer.

So yeah, the ROTC guy was a stupid worthy of a 'this show' moment, but LET US NOT PRETEND *Demonwolf voice* that Lydia wouldn't have done the exact. same. thing. for her dog, GucciFendiPrada. Because, like that guy, and the really stupid Hobbit from LotR, Lydia always has to look.

Lydia: "Are you a dead body? Why aren't you answering me? Is it because you're dead? I'd better find out before I call Stiles! No! I'll call the cops first! They solve crimes in this town."

Heh, and ROTC...

Boyd: "Five-second cameooooooo~! Guidance counselor and Click-Clack took all my diversity minuuuuutes~! I'm in ROTC by the waaaay~!" *Poof*

I'll admit that although she still looks like she could use another four hours of sleep, Alison's looking pretty cute right now. I didn't realize how stupid her hair was last year until it got unstupid this year. As I don't ship because my balls won't let me (grumpy bastards), I don't care if Alison spends another moment of Pandora-sponsored love time with Scott, but it would be gross for her to hook up with his little wolf brother if she's ever coming back to him. She probably doesn't follow the Bro Code as strictly as True Blood--er, Arrow--er...General Hospital? Ehh. 'Evs.

Heh, Cora. This character. I was actually mildly kidding when I called her Erica's bratty rebellious young female wolf replacement, but here we find ourselves. I think we still pretend this show is for both genders equally, but while the ladies and Price get their weekly eye candy, we've been getting eye lettuce, good and wholesome, minus the good. How about we replace some of the guy characters with smaller, punier versions, and reset their character development every year? That probably doesn't appeal to anyone else.

The 'Let's Do This' arc was at least funny, and that's all I can ask. I mean, why wouldn't the teacher assume the twunk had gotten to the parking lot, started up his motor bicycle, and drove it back to his classroom. She texts words from books, so that makes up for anything else she does this year. Anyway, if none of the good guys can fight yet, I guess Detention Wars will have to do for a bit. Let's not make it a big bit, though.

I dunno, I thought Derek and new white witch (or druid) teacher would be something, but she's pretty lame so far. She's like Felicity from Arrow, but where Felicity's an awkward dork who does awesome things, the teacher here is a dork...who doesn't. Candy up that lettuce, jeez.

Heh, 'Demonwolf.' I just had to get back to that for a sec. He truly couldn't have made that better if he'd gotten in the word 'Sparta.'

Good ol' Stiles. "How sweet [Danny], you serious?" As if he were in Danny's league. C'mon. I think he works out a little. Maybe Lydia will step in and have pity survival sex with Stiles. When's the next chance she'll get to save someone's life in five seconds? Of course, Derek's just proven he'll go above and beyond to save the people he cares about, soo...all we need is for Derek to care, amirite, odd-never-happening-scenario shippers?
More+
Flag
Gay guys are so totally not into looks, and Stiles has the whole major personality thing going on....
Flag
wat@looks. In my experience(which isn't a little), they're as quick to say 'eww' as anyone else. And actually, I was talking about Stiles's personality. I wouldn't that Danny would say 'eww' here, but I am saying without a ton of wooing, he'd say 'pass.' I don't hate Stiles, but his personality hasn't done much (of a single thing) for him yet. #InB4StilesAndCorasForcedAndFunneledRomance
Flag
LMAO! You get me every time, dude.
Flag
Since when is Price back I stopped going on tv.com since he left. I was just checking to see if the site got better. Now it did! I am so happy these recaps and Price are back fantastic! My inner nerd is so happy!
Flag
It now says "staff" next to his name. Either he's a level 1 wizard, or he's officially back. Yay for us!
Flag
He started doing the Teen Wolf recaps since the season premiere. I'm not sure if he's *back* back, but thanks to Price and Teen Wolf, I have something to look forward to on Mondays.
Flag
Moondays!!!
Flag
THIS SHOW!

Man oh man, this show! Sometimes I wish it was a person so I could give it a big ol' demon-wolf hug (it's like a really intense, lightning-y, and hopefully intentionally comical hug) . And let's be honest, if Teen Wolf was a person, it would undoubtedly be a hunky guy with dreamy eyes, chiseled abs and a winning/fang-ish smile. What I'm trying to say is, for some completely non-ambigously sexual reason, I have no problem with the guys heavily outmatching the girls in general hotness. Normally, I'd have the whole "dudes watch this show, too, so where's our eye candy, dammit?!" attitude, but with this show it barely even registers. The way in which Erica was casually killed off hurt my heart (that was cold, TW!), and apologies to Allison and Lydia, but they certainly aren't inspiring me to create any Youtube videos of cute, cut-together close-up shots set amidst the the angelic music of Sarah Mclachlan... Not that I do that... Okay, one time, but since it was with Alison Brie, I should get a pass (that woman IS an angel, and no one will ever convince me otherwise).

I know a female co-worker who watches Teen Wolf that goes on and on about Stiles, Derek, Isaac, Scott, Peter, Danny and even still Jackson. Again, normally I actively try to avoid conversations about how great certain male celebrities are (even though The Notebook made me cry, all the female Ryan Gosling adulation is getting to be a a bit much. We can't all build you a house with our bare hands, ladies!), but when it comes to TW, I find myself joining in on these odes to its leading men. You're the exception to the rule, TW, you magnificently handsome bastard! Anyway...

ONTO THE EPISODE AT HAND! (I've got to find a new segue.)

Speaking of parenting (such a good intro, Price), there's a few basic things all parents should teach their children. Don't run with scissors (or claws if you're a werewolf). Brush your teeth and floss at least twice a day (more if you're a werewolf). Eat your vegetables (maybe not as much if you're a werewolf). Don't talk to strangers (universally applicable). Oh yeah, and DON'T LISTEN TO CREEPY MONSTERS UNDER DUMPSTERS! I know what you're thinking, you're thinking that *should* fall under the "don't talk to strangers" lesson, but a little specificity never hurt anyone.

I don't know about all y'all, but if I heard the throaty whisper of something under a dumpster urging me to "come closer", I'd run away so damn fast my legs would resemble a cartoonish circular blur of motion. So if Throaty McDumpster doesn't have some sort of psychic ability to induce people to make very stupid decisions, than that kids parents really dropped the ball. Poor, that kid!

Also, am I supposed to know who or what that thing was under the dumpster? 'cause I don't. My best guess would be Allison's regurgitating Gramps. I can totally see that old, psychotic child abuser skulking about under a dumpster. But I don't have any substantive theories. Anyway...
Speaking of substantive theories, what do we all think about Derek and the new and suspiciously cute english teacher? (That segue didn't even made any sense.) On the one hand, I will forever harbour hope that the good 'ship Sterek will take its master voyage, but on the other, less improbably gay hand, I like the new teach' and think its about damn time Derek had a better reason to take his shirt off than gratuitously appealing to the female fan base.

That being said, I have a hard time buying her innocent and oh so innocuous act. I thought this woman was going to be a secret Alpha or a Huntress or a TBA variety of badass, but there she was, holding a pointer for a protection, and having the same sexy expression while looking at Derek that says "I don't know what you are, but whatever it is, it makes me hot and tingly" that she did when he helped her up in the boiler room after saving her life. Who knows, maybe she's a genuine person with no hidden agenda that works waaaaaaay too late at night, but I highly doubt it. I'm watchin' you, teach'!

Another thing I'll be watching for in the second half of the season: LACROSSE! It was sweet music to my ears when the Coach said they were in the "off-season", and that they all need to stay in good shape (at least I'm not the only one who feels physically inadequate while seeing Isaac and Danny shirtless). He didn't insult Greenberg during his rant, so it wasn't perfect, but the friendly reminder of Lacrosse made it very close. I think the reason I love Lacrosse on TW so much is because of the hilariously campy, but stunningly choreographed mixture of sports and werewolf-y shit. Which we kinda got a small dose of with the cross-country run, because it was so much more than a simple cardiovascular/aerobic exercise, it was a chase scene with the implication of imminent violence. Eyes got glow-y. Teeth and nails got pointy. And everyone got solid practice on their intimidating werewolf growls. All in all, it was a successful and throughly entertaining cross-country run!

Well, until they discovered that missing kid garrotted to a tree (kills the mood every time). You know, I was just joking before, but this Grandpa Argent theory is becoming more appealing to me. The murders are viscous but not werewolf like. They seem to ritualistically sacrificial is some way. And they're just straight-up dickish. The entire thing reminds me of Voldemort and all the evil shit he had did to reattain a corporeal form. Maybe Gramps knows a super creepy ritual that involves killing virgins and small dog owners, and that will counteract the mountain ash while making him even more of an asshole than he was before. The only drawback is I have absolutely no proof to substantiate this theory. Wild speculation is more my bag. Three cheers for wild speculation!

The one good thing about the dead kid garrotted to a tree (never thought I would write that sentence) was the awesome setup it provided for Scott and Isaac to go all high school on the Fisting Twins. People are dying in horrible ways and they suspect the furious fisters have something to do with it (even though Stiles a.k.a. The Only Guy With a Brain told them he didn't agree), so what is their brilliant plan?

LET'S GET OUR PRANK ON!

The "Fist Me Under The Milky Twilight" twins opened the pranking with the not so clever ruse of framing Isaac for laying a beating on one of them. Well, I guess it wasn't totally un-clever, because Isaac just stood around like a tool who had never seen identical werewolf twins fight before. I screamed at my television "Isaac, just walk away, bro! They're clearly trying to frame you!", but unlike in my heavily TV influenced dreams, he didn't heed my advice.
Scott and Isaac countered with the ol' "mess with the dudes motorcycle" gag. A classic if ever there was one. Needles to say, the "Fist Me With Your Best Shot" twins were PISSED! The time for childish pranks were over, and the time for hilarious hallway throw downs had begun! As much as I love a good throw down, let me just say that all the fighting and fisting in the school halls had a surreal quality to it. Do no students stay after school for extracurricular crap at BHHS? All I know is if I heard the freaky sounds of howling and bone-rearranging in the halls, my #1 high school fear of humiliating myself in front of a pretty girl would have been relegated to #2 on my list. (Fun fact: #17 on the list was the cafeteria food.)

But what was even surreal-er than a werewolves fighting at the school in broad daylight was the unexpected and out of the blue way Deucalion waltzed in and scuttled the whole thing. He gives his Alphas a few bitch-slices on their cheeks, and POOF, without a word to Scott and Isaac they very amiably get gone. Looks like someone's on a short leash. Can you say "HWA-CHHHH!!" (That's how I spell a whip sound.)

Which brings us to "I AM THE DEMON-WOLF!!!" (Greatest over the top declaration EVER, btw.) So by my calculations (on the supernatural side), we've got Betas, Alphas, Omegas, Kanimas, whatever vile lagoon creature Gerard has probably turned into, and now demon-wolves. I've said this before, but I love the boundless possibility for additions to TW's supernatural species chart. Not to mention the growing mythology/abilities of Alphas and werewolves in general.

On the review for the season 3 premiere I wrote: "Now, for my final Alpha inquiry (I'm a little obsessed with the Alpha mythology of this show, okay?). I'm pretty sure we know that if you're a Beta and you kill an Alpha you become an Alpha. That's like Alpha 101. But what about transference of powers? And what would happen if you killed more than one Alpha? Would it be like the Highlander and every Alpha you killed would accumulate your Alpha powers until you became another letter in the Greek alphabet?"
I KINDA CALLED IT! (Don't you hate it when people say they "called" something? It's like, "Oh, good for you. I marvel at your predictive skills … you pretentious douche.")

I was so close! I just had to switch Alpha for Beta. I wondered if TW would add to the Alpha abilities, and I have not been disappointed. Get over here and give me another demon-hug, show!

NOTES, A FEW QUESTIONS & ONE QUOTE:

- It's terrible to say, but having a virgin killer at my high school would have made my life WAAAAAAAAAAY easier (assuming I wasn't one of the first to die, of course).

- I'm not sure how I feel about Allison and Isaac. I don't see any future there besides some BS jealousy it could potentially inflict upon Scott. I hope I'm wrong, and if they do go there, the writers give some meaning to the relationship.

- Speaking of Allison, I'm kinda down on her lately. She seems nonsensically disconnected from the group. Now is not the time for a lone huntress routine, Allison! Maybe you should actually communicate with your friends about the insane stuff that's going on and be a part of the team. Enough with secretive bank trips and stealthy exploding arrow displays… Okay, yes on the exploding arrows, but no on the secrets. (Has she even told anyone about the Guidance Counsellor/French Teacher being at the bank?)

- Isn't this show, like, stupid smart? I learned that the gaelic meaning for druid is "wise oak" and that darach means "dark oak". Also, when Ms. Part-time French Teacher asked Allison the word for the situation they were in, I took it like a final question on Jeopardy and very excitedly screamed out "what is an IMPASSE!" three times in a row (games of Jeopardy are like war in my house). And you'd never catch TVD tie in classical mechanics (in this case momentum) as a metaphor for a characters motivation. Super smart stuff, TW!

- Danny was the background star of this episode. Just thought I'd point that out.

- I did NOT care for the TEENWOLFMUSIC pop-up boxes. It takes away from the viewers suspension of disbelief.

- I think that tree Lydia was doodling in music class looked suspiciously like the tree from the ending of the intro. And seeing as Lydia has psychic powers and people are getting garrotted to death next to a tree, this doesn't seem to be a coincidence. Maybe the tree has mystical properties and is a part of the sacrifice somehow? I don't know, but this can't be good for the environmental movement.

- Am I the only one who just discovered the name of the BHHS sports teams are the cyclones?

- QUOTE: "Mr. McCall, if you're bladder suddenly exploded and urine started to pour from every orifice, I would still respond one at a a time."
I'm sorry, but I didn't feel a drop of sympathy when this guy got killed. We've all had that one teacher we wanted to murder, am I right? *crickets* Anyway, you should have treated your students like human beings, jackass! Maybe then you'd still be alive ... Okay, probably not, but at least your tombstone would have remained un-defaced.

- Good job, Stiles! This episode raised the very good point of why someone hasn't sat the mysterious Vet down and asked him "What's your deal, man? And if you could refrain from cliche and convoluted riddle-speak, that would be sweet." It took a while, but better late than never.

- The music on this show is simply too good. From the scary scenes, funny scenes and slow-mo werewolf fight scenes, the mood is always set to perfection.

- The dog/dead guy at the beginning of the episode provided us with yet another foreshadowing of Scott's future Alpha-ness. Let's start the Alpha clock!
More+
Flag
A pleasure to read as always FF...! I feel bad that I can never return the favour, so here:

Flag
*holds back tears*

That is the greatest GIF anyone has ever given me.
Flag
Jeff Davis said somewhere there was no lacrosse in this entire season (or definitely the first twelve episodes). I'm guessing because the lacrosse field from the first two seasons in Georgia was just so visible that they wanted a break - but seriously, with DVDs and You Tube, not sure why.
Flag
I too was yelling at the ROTC guy when he went back under the dumpster once he saw his dog across the alley. Like if nothing else, it might be an animal and the nice vet and his employee on the other side of the wall might have a net or something since you really need to grab your dog and get a rabies shot.
Flag
Haha! I know, right? Stupid teenagers, but they do make for good TV.
Flag
Whaa? Not a fan of the 'This moment's ambiance music brought to you by WhoCares?' I guess it's really gonna get to you when they do it for all the product placement in the future. Motorcycles, phones, Pandora, all with their brief little notes in the bottom left corner...

Oh, it's comin'. #SickSadWorld
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Wow, I would've never pegged you as a Teen Wolf fan! Glad to find out we have something else in common!
P.S.: loved your review, as always
Flag
I'm shipping ya'll. ;)
Flag
Are we shipping TV.com members now? Wow, we've taken shipping to a whole new level of craziness!! :D
Flag
Well, I'm not against shipping, au contraire, but I'm not buying any of the ship names so far... I can't think of any name that sounds... I don't know, ship-y? Is that an ill omen for our ship? Does that mean that our ship is doomed?
Flag
LOL! If I'm not mistaken it was in a thread similar to this where pcsjunior and I got first got shipped. Now we have a ship name and our very own alcohol beverage named after us. That was about a year ago, so yes. I officially ship PanFan?! ;)
Flag
What do we call ourselves? PaulaFanatic? FringeGonzalez? PG-FF?
Flag
You know it! Lately with my busy schedule I tend to only write about shows that inspire me, and for some reason I have a LOT to say about Teen Wolf. It's just a really good show.

Thanks! I guess this is further proof of our TV soulmate stature. :)
Flag
FYI. Found this interesting. Someone wrote that

The mistletoe was sacred, and it was a predominant symbol of the feminine energy and sexuality. This plant has generated tremendous lore and magic. Mistletoe helps us link with all lunar aspects within the universe. It is used to recognize the power and rhythms of change reflected within the lunar cycles.

It has been used to develop an "invisibility" or going unnoticed when desired, along with the ability to shape shift. The mistletoe was a powerful herb of the Druids, used primarily for fertility and as an aphrodisiac. It was a symbol of rebirth and the awakening of vision that could open the secrets of life beyond the physical. Its energy awakens the vision of one’s soul life in the future.

This would pair with the murderer that attacked the pet owner. Maybe the pet owner only heard the whispers, but didn't see no one.

If someone found anything else could share it. I only heard of mistletoe in christmas in my entire life.
Flag
I actually know it to be poisonous to pets (I assumed my cat too) but I actually have always thought it is one of those things that a human can tolerate but too much and it is poison. Honestly though, it is weird to apply it to this case because it is so elaborate. I presume there were more than Kyle and Boyd in junior ROTC, but clearly there are more people with military background or plans but why did this Dracha (?) I just need a term to call this bad guy, but to minorly poison Kyle's dog, which would bring the dog to the vet (and like Melissa is the only nurse, Alan here is apparently the only vet in Beacon Hills) and it kind of seems like an open secret that he knows more than he should. What I am leading to here is what if the Dracha is like calling for help? Like, he can't stop what he is doing but wants to? Because otherwise, it seems like he is putting a person who would fit into what could be the next victim mold (I am going to guess healers) on high alert.
Flag
Hmm, I hadn't thought of that yet. Mistletoe is definitely a druidy thing so why did the Darach risk alerting the other supernaturals in town? Maybe he didn't have much choice, not because he wants to be found out, but because he's weak somehow. Remember he enlisted the teacher's help...
Flag
Hmmm...I guess I was writing off Harris' assistance because he just in general was someone who got himself into situations where people used him for information by playing on his ego or whatever (like with Kate, I have a feeling Laura did something similar, Peter in Alpha form, and Harris was ready to spill the beans).
Flag
Deaucalion: I'm the demonwolf. The Destroyer of worlds.
Next: Deaucalion: Please Kali, show me the exit door.
TW, you are the best.
Flag
So here is how I see it so far, let me know how far or close you think I am.
The town was settled by Anglo-Scottish families and later added some German and Dutch families as the basic population along this forest which in time became the center of pagan/wiccan inspired covens in reaction to the puritan rigidity of the main town of Beacon Hill, The name suggests that the town was founded on a high hill that protected and secluded the inhabitants from outside influences.
Back in England, and especially since King James,. who was king of Scotland before succeeding Queen Elizabeth, the major and most ruthless witchhunters were Scot. For the sake of argument the Mc Calls became the witchhunters of Beacon Hill. The Hale family had chosen to live outsiide the outskirts of the town and maybe became part of a secret druid coven. Sometime in the next centuries, this secret druids were able under the influence of the forest's power to become shapeshifters, but only to one animal. the Hales became werewolves. A cold war began between the McCalls and the Hales, although none really khew the identity of the other clan, or else open warfare would have occured.
Back to the present, Amelia McCall meets a member of the secret society,a shadow walker, and in true Romeo and Juliet style, they fall in love. By that time, the witchhunting days have ended a while ago, but some of the tradition survived as in the opposing camp, the Hales who went to vast ways to control this aspect of their genetics. But when the union is uncovered, this opens back old wounds, and the warfare is now in the open as both know the identity of the others. Amelia is pregnant, so three possibilities : a) the father of unborn Scot leaves without knowing he has a son,b) he leaves and puts the baby under the protection of the Hales (Peter); or c) he leaves pursued by the witch hunters and dies somewhere.
As we already know, The Hales are dissimated by the Argent, but do not know of the existence of Scot because they are Hunters not with hunters, and not part of the town population. The Druid's ancestors are also destroyed, except of one whose hatred and need for revenge turns him or her into a Darach. He or she hates the Hunters but also the werewolves whom he or she blames for the tragic loss. This makes Scot special because while he had dominant human genes, the shadow walkers genes were there dormant until Derek made him a werewolf. So without knowing it, Scot is a dormant Alpha. When Peter recovers, his dementia still recalls that he has to protect Scot, but his psychosis and sense of domination kicks in as we know it has. During his absence, Derek met the Alpha Pack or knew about them, and when confronted with enlisting rules of the pack, refused, thus making Deucalion lose face, which of course is unheard for. At this point,Derek returns to town and is followed by both the Argents and the Pack.Meanwhile, the Darach has come of age and his or her long standing plan is augmented by the presence of all his or her enemies. I thought for a while that Deucalion might be Scot's father, which wouldexplain why Scot could not feel his presence in the lift in episode one. Deucalion is (a) is right doesn't know that scot is his son. ButI admit that last bit is maybe too farfetched and too Star Wars,hehehehehe.
More+
Flag
I am actually on board with a lot of your theories, one thing though, Peter made Scott a werewolf, not Derek. I had this other idea that Derek's father maybe was the one who fell in love with a young woman from some now extinct line of supernaturals and either while Talia was pregnant with Cora, he left, changed his name, and married Melissa. Part of why Melissa now cannot stand him is maybe she found out he had this whole other family that he abandoned. But Scott not only is descended from the Hale line but maybe something like you suggest on the other side. It would just create some funny irony to the first werewolf conversation that Derek and Scott had where Derek said that they were brothers now, you know, that maybe they were always brothers.
Flag
I think you are right that the relationship between Derek and Scot still has surprises to unfold.Also, Peter has come back literally to life and now Derek has reunited with his other sister, the first one died in the piolt.So maybe slowly but surely the Hales are coming back together as a family pack.On the other hand, I find it strange the lack of empathy Peter has towards that sister.
I have since thought more of Scot's special powers, and I think in the scenario I have in mind, if Scot becomes Alpha, it will trigger his receding genes into making him another Alpha. So Scot will be unlike the Twins united who are two alphas, he would be an Alpha squared, if that makes senseat all, with the added shadow walker flexibility of shapeshifting.In order to achieve this, Scot would have to be literally in survival mode pressure.
Flag
Yeah, I had this thought (and it is entirely because Tyler Posey and Holland Roland were the only ones to go on this field trip) that Scott is going to be able to shapeshift into full wolf and Lydia as both whatever she is and being his full pack is the one able to fully communicate with him when in that mode. I don't know if it will be same as whatever Laura (Derek's older sister who was the Alpha killed just before the pilot) who looked a little like the now extinct and only in Game of Thrones Dire Wolf, but I think it will be one of the real wolves. (The field trip being because the two of them have to get the most comfortable with the wolves and vice versa). But unlike a totally overtaken werewolf (like Boyd and Cora were) where the underlying human sense made them more deadly, Scott will be able to maintain his full human sense which will make him more calculating.
Flag
Isaac...you finally had some bad-ass scenes this season! Stiles, great investigative skills; Danny's back! I laughed so hard when I saw him joking about sleeping with Stiles :) Stiles is going to end up just like his dad; he's pretty smart by enlisting the help of the vet. #GoldStar Allison: never knew she was handy with bikes and that spark with Isaac? I had to repeat the scene to just process that there was a moment between them. The vet FINALLY has a purpose on he show...don't get me wrong this guy is tots awesome by being the mysterious know-it-all but still. Loved the games between Scott and twunks esp. the motorcycle idea was totally genius; the twins' faces after Scott pulls out motorcycle parts? :D So glad the creepy chem teacher is out of the way and the murder-mystery is a lot clearer!

Lastly, the Alphas. What a bunch of psychopaths. Seriously I thought Deucalion was deceptive in that quiet way but seriously the gore and the demonwolf thing? The guy freaked in the ordinarily cliched way of killing werewolves. I started getting worried bad about Derek with the pole through him and how he just kept spitting out blood and he was so sweet to the lady teacher at the beginning! Isaac? Then Derek? Then Derek kicking out Isaac? This show should torturing these awesome dudes. On the plus side Isaac turning up wet in Scott's bedroom #BestRoomiesEver. Whatevs, see you next week Teen Wolf!
More+
Flag
THIS SHOW!

Man oh man, this show! Sometimes I wish it was a person so I could give it a big ol' demon-wolf hug (it's like a really intense, lightning-y, and hopefully intentionally comical hug) . And let's be honest, if Teen Wolf was a person, it would undoubtedly be a hunky guy with dreamy eyes, chiseled abs and a winning/fang-ish smile. What I'm trying to say is, for some completely non-ambigously sexual reason, I have no problem with the guys heavily outmatching the girls in general hotness. Normally, I'd have the whole "dudes watch this show, too, so where's our eye candy, dammit?!" attitude, but with this show it barely even registers. The way in which Erica was casually killed off hurt my heart (that was cold, TW!), and apologies to Allison and Lydia, but they certainly aren't inspiring me to create any Youtube videos of cute, cut-together close-up shots set amidst the the angelic music of Sarah Mclachlan... Not that I do that... Okay, one time, but since it was with Alison Brie, I should get a pass (that woman IS an angel, and no one will ever convince me otherwise).

I know a female co-worker who watches Teen Wolf that goes on and on about Stiles, Derek, Isaac, Scott, Peter, Danny and even still Jackson. Again, normally I actively try to avoid conversations about how great certain male celebrities are (even though The Notebook made me cry, all the female Ryan Gosling adulation is getting to be a a bit much. We can't all build you a house with our bare hands, ladies!), but when it comes to TW, I find myself joining in on these odes to its leading men. You're the exception to the rule, TW, you magnificently handsome bastard! Anyway...

ONTO THE EPISODE AT HAND! (I've got to find a new segue.)

Speaking of parenting (such a good intro, Price), there's a few basic things all parents should teach their children. Don't run with scissors (or claws if you're a werewolf). Brush your teeth and floss at least twice a day (more if you're a werewolf). Eat your vegetables (maybe not as much if you're a werewolf). Don't talk to strangers (universally applicable). Oh yeah, and DON'T LISTEN TO CREEPY MONSTERS UNDER DUMPSTERS! I know what you're thinking, you're thinking that *should* fall under the "don't talk to strangers" lesson, but a little specificity never hurt anyone.

I don't know about all y'all, but if I heard the throaty whisper of something under a dumpster urging me to "come closer", I'd run away so damn fast my legs would resemble a cartoonish circular blur of motion. So if Throaty McDumpster doesn't have some sort of psychic ability to induce people to make very stupid decisions, than that kids parents really dropped the ball. Poor, that kid!

Also, am I supposed to know who or what that thing was under the dumpster? 'cause I don't. My best guess would be Allison's regurgitating Gramps. I can totally see that old, psychotic child abuser skulking about under a dumpster. But I don't have any substantive theories. Anyway...

Speaking of substantive theories, what do we all think about Derek and the new and suspiciously cute english teacher? (That segue didn't even made any sense.) On the one hand, I will forever harbour hope that the good 'ship Sterek will take its master voyage, but on the other, less improbably gay hand, I like the new teach' and think its about damn time Derek had a better reason to take his shirt off than gratuitously appealing to the female fan base.

That being said, I have a hard time buying her innocent and oh so innocuous act. I thought this woman was going to be a secret Alpha or a Huntress or a TBA variety of badass, but there she was, holding a pointer for a protection, and having the same sexy expression while looking at Derek that says "I don't know what you are, but whatever it is, it makes me hot and tingly" that she did when he helped her up in the boiler room after saving her life. Who knows, maybe she's a genuine person with no hidden agenda that works waaaaaaay too late at night, but I highly doubt it. I'm watchin' you, teach'!

Another thing I'll be watching for in the second half of the season: LACROSSE! It was sweet music to my ears when the Coach said they were in the "off-season", and that they all need to stay in good shape (at least I'm not the only one who feels physically inadequate while seeing Isaac and Danny shirtless). He didn't insult Greenberg during his rant, so it wasn't perfect, but the friendly reminder of Lacrosse made it very close. I think the reason I love Lacrosse on TW so much is because of the hilariously campy, but stunningly choreographed mixture of sports and werewolf-y shit. Which we kinda got a small dose of with the cross-country run, because it was so much more than a simple cardiovascular/aerobic exercise, it was a chase scene with the implication of imminent violence. Eyes got glow-y. Teeth and nails got pointy. And everyone got solid practice on their intimidating werewolf growls. All in all, it was a successful and throughly entertaining cross-country run!

Well, until they discovered that missing kid garrotted to a tree (kills the mood every time). You know, I was just joking before, but this Grandpa Argent theory is becoming more appealing to me. The murders are viscous but not werewolf like. They seem to ritualistically sacrificial is some way. And they're just straight-up dickish. The entire thing reminds me of Voldemort and all the evil shit he had did to reattain a corporeal form. Maybe Gramps knows a super creepy ritual that involves killing virgins and small dog owners, and that will counteract the mountain ash while making him even more of an asshole than he was before. The only drawback is I have absolutely no proof to substantiate this theory. Wild speculation is more my bag. Three cheers for wild speculation!

The one good thing about the dead kid garrotted to a tree (never thought I would write that sentence) was the awesome setup it provided for Scott and Isaac to go all high school on the Fisting Twins. People are dying in horrible ways and they suspect the furious fisters have something to do with it (even though Stiles a.k.a. The Only Guy With a Brain told them he didn't agree), so what is their brilliant plan?

LET'S GET OUR PRANK ON!

The "Fist Me Under The Milky Twilight" twins opened the pranking with the not so clever ruse of framing Isaac for laying a beating on one of them. Well, I guess it wasn't totally un-clever, because Isaac just stood around like a tool who had never seen identical werewolf twins fight before. I screamed at my television "Isaac, just walk away, bro! They're clearly trying to frame you!", but unlike in my heavily TV influenced dreams, he didn't heed my advice.

Scott and Isaac countered with the ol' "mess with the dudes motorcycle" gag. A classic if ever there was one. Needles to say, the "Fist Me With Your Best Shot" twins were PISSED! The time for childish pranks were over, and the time for hilarious hallway throw downs had begun! As much as I love a good throw down, let me just say that all the fighting and fisting in the school halls had a surreal quality to it. Do no students stay after school for extracurricular crap at BHHS? All I know is if I heard the freaky sounds of howling and bone-rearranging in the halls, my #1 high school fear of humiliating myself in front of a pretty girl would have been relegated to #2 on my list. (Fun fact: #17 on the list was the cafeteria food.)

But what was even surreal-er than a werewolves fighting at the school in broad daylight was the unexpected and out of the blue way Deucalion waltzed in and scuttled the whole thing. He gives his Alphas a few bitch-slices on their cheeks, and POOF, without a word to Scott and Isaac they very amiably get gone. Looks like someone's on a short leash. Can you say "HWA-CHHHH!!" (That's how I spell a whip sound.)

Which brings us to "I AM THE DEMON-WOLF!!!" (Greatest over the top declaration EVER, btw.) So by my calculations (on the supernatural side), we've got Betas, Alphas, Omegas, Kanimas, whatever vile lagoon creature Gerard has probably turned into, and now demon-wolves. I've said this before, but I love the boundless possibility for additions to TW's supernatural species chart. Not to mention the growing mythology/abilities of Alphas and werewolves in general.

On the review for the season 3 premiere I wrote: "Now, for my final Alpha inquiry (I'm a little obsessed with the Alpha mythology of this show, okay?). I'm pretty sure we know that if you're a Beta and you kill an Alpha you become an Alpha. That's like Alpha 101. But what about transference of powers? And what would happen if you killed more than one Alpha? Would it be like the Highlander and every Alpha you killed would accumulate your Alpha powers until you became another letter in the Greek alphabet?"

I KINDA CALLED IT! (Don't you hate it when people say they "called" something? It's like, "Oh, good for you. I marvel at your predictive skills … you pretentious douche.")

I was so close! I just had to switch Alpha for Beta. I wondered if TW would add to the Alpha abilities, and I have not been disappointed. Get over here and give me another demon-hug, show!

NOTES, A FEW QUESTIONS & ONE QUOTE:

- It's terrible to say, but having a virgin killer at my high school would have made my life WAAAAAAAAAAY easier (assuming I wasn't one of the first to die, of course).

- I'm not sure how I feel about Allison and Isaac. I don't see any future there besides some BS jealousy it could potentially inflict upon Scott. I hope I'm wrong, and if they do go there, the writers give some meaning to the relationship.

- Speaking of Allison, I'm kinda down on her lately. She seems nonsensically disconnected from the group. Now is not the time for a lone huntress routine, Allison! Maybe you should actually communicate with your friends about the insane stuff that's going on and be a part of the team. Enough with secretive bank trips and stealthy exploding arrow displays… Okay, yes on the exploding arrows, but no on the secrets. (Has she even told anyone about the Guidance Counsellor/French Teacher being at the bank?)

- Isn't this show, like, stupid smart? I learned that the gaelic meaning for druid is "wise oak" and that darach means "dark oak". Also, when Ms. Part-time French Teacher asked Allison the word for the situation they were in, I took it like a final question on Jeopardy and very excitedly screamed out "what is an IMPASSE!" three times in a row (games of Jeopardy are like war in my house). And you'd never catch TVD tie in classical mechanics (in this case momentum) as a metaphor for a characters motivation. Super smart stuff, TW!

- Danny was the background star of this episode. Just thought I'd point that out.

- I did NOT care for the TEENWOLFMUSIC pop-up boxes. It takes away from the viewers suspension of disbelief.

- I think that tree Lydia was doodling in music class looked suspiciously like the tree from the ending of the intro. And seeing as Lydia has psychic powers and people are getting garrotted to death next to a tree, this doesn't seem to be a coincidence. Maybe the tree has mystical properties and is a part of the sacrifice somehow? I don't know, but this can't be good for the environmental movement.

- Am I the only one who just discovered the name of the BHHS sports teams are the cyclones?

- QUOTE: "Mr. McCall, if you're bladder suddenly exploded and urine started to pour from every orifice, I would still respond one at a a time."

I'm sorry, but I didn't feel a drop of sympathy when this guy got killed. We've all had that one teacher we wanted to murder, am I right? *crickets* Anyway, you should have treated your students like human beings, jackass! Maybe then you'd still be alive ... Okay, probably not, but at least your tombstone would have remained un-defaced.

- Good job, Stiles! This episode raised the very good point of why someone hasn't sat the mysterious Vet down and asked him "What's your deal, man? And if you could refrain from cliche and convoluted riddle-speak, that would be sweet." It took a while, but better late than never.

- The music on this show is simply too good. From the scary scenes, funny scenes and slow-mo werewolf fight scenes, the mood is always set to perfection.

- The dog/dead guy at the beginning of the episode provided us with yet another foreshadowing of Scott's future Alpha-ness. Let's start the Alpha clock!
More+
Flag
As always, you bring up excellent observations.
As a female viewer I would just like to rant about something that you touched on your comment, okay?
On the age of Twilight and all that jazz, I would like to say that if a werewolf or a vampire or a flippin unicorn would want to have private conversations with me alone somewhere, I would scream and flip out. I also think that it wouldn´t be rude for me to do so.(Btws, why was that woman all alone in the school AGAIN? I mean if I had seen 3 supernatural monsters fight in the school´s boiler room I would run, scream, hightail, swim across the freakin Atlantic to get as far as I could get from them)
The teacher was just ... so.. ughh... spineless or whatnot.
I do not like these kinds of people in real life, alas, she as a character as of now is just boring as hell. I REALLY hope this is just an act and this is not the actual love prospect for Derek because this woman would NOT survive in Beacon Hills or she would become the next pre-vampire Elena (TVD) who needs to be rescued at all times, which again, is lame. I think someone more sassy and badass is needed for our Alpha (Sterek is the only ship I ship of all the tv shows I watch, they have the perfect chemistry. If the show runners had the balls to run with that, I would hands down declare that the ballsiest and most awesome move made by a show. Taking into account what kind of show it is and channel it is on.)
Ugh and also okay, I understand maybe the part that she is quiet and quirky and nice and whatnot but after like a second of eyeballing Derek, she like POOF got over it and got horny instead. I mean you could see the switch in her eyes.
Real women do NOT do that. Does not matter how hot the guy is. She saw him like full-on monster style like a day ago. It would take years of therapy to let that little flaw go and build some kind of trust, I mean get real. That brings me back to the theory that she is a fake and there HAS to be something going on with her. HAS TO.
Otherwise: I call laaaaame.

Rant over. (:
More +
Flag
Yes! She might not be the evil druidess, but something's up with her. And the whole frilly damsel in distress 'I need to be saved' routine is all Derek-lure
Flag
I commend you for reading that jumbled mess! I could have sworn I spaced my paragraphs, but this new format didn't seem to agree.

Anyway, I'm totally with you on the new teacher. Very unlikely she's just some nobody with a crush on a werewolf.

Also, Team Sterek, FTW!
Flag
I agree about the school teacher. I think she will turn out to be the big bad. Pretending to be a prim and proper, nerdy school teacher by day. By night she is likely a wicked sorceress who has put a love spell on Derek to harness his power. Thats just my theory anyway.
Flag
The Stereks fans would be very happy if this come true.
Flag
Whilst reading that, it occured to me that the tree could be more druid foreshadowing. Wise oak and everything. I mean, that's what an oak looks like...right?
Flag
I commend you for reading that jumbled mess! I could have sworn I spaced my paragraphs, but this new format didn't seem to agree.

After I wrote my comment I realized the stupidity of my ways and was like, "Hey, maybe the tree is an oak... dumbass!" I've got to learn to be nicer to myself.
Flag
Along with the neat storyline and episode, the next best thing is the product placement. There should be a game to find all the sponsors and products in one episode.
This whole Scott, Isaac, and Allison thing is like some huge love triangle and how does no one hear the noise that the motorcycle makes?! I love this show sometimes, oh you teens and your adventures. The picture of Isaac on the motorcycle ruined my life because Isaac knows how to take better selfies than half this country. Stiles needs to get laid, I think we can all agree on that!
Flag
A little weird with the Werewolf killing the betas and get their power. Why not then just keep making betas and killing them and become even more powerful, but that would be super boring so I try not think about it so it doesn't bother me.
Flag
I think when you create a beta they sort of become your family, so it isn't that easy or obvious to just kill them
Flag
I think there's gonna be nine sacrifices. 3 virgins, 3 soldiers, 3 (Alpha)werewolves, that whole life-death-rebirth-triple-goddess deal. I think I read somewhere that there's nine branches on the sacred druidic tree of immortality metaphor or somesuch. Might explain why the Alpha pack has spent 4 months being all lurky like they're waiting for something. If they start knocking off Alphas my money's on one of the twins cuz this show's all about heart wrenching family tragedy; give Scott another surrogate child to mamma wolf over. Maybe Lydia will ask the straight one out and go all children of the damned again cuz of evil druid mojo and garrote him with a wolfsbane soaked rope or something.
Flag
I thought this episode was better than the last. It had more fighting and action that kept me interested. Deucalion is a cool name by the way and speaking of who else found it so cheesy that thunder and lightning suddenly happened when he arrogantly shouted about himself? I laughed at that part.

1. Stiles should lose his virginity but who with...? I want to say Erica but Erica is dead. So, I'll leave this part of the question unanswered.

2. Hallucination. Allison is probably just trying to process the fact that her mother tried to murder her boyfriend. And then she found after all of the mourning and grief, now I don't know after finding this information out her whole opinion about her mother has sort of changed? She's stressin', y'all.

3. Ugh, this show. So, I was all for it but now Isaac is moving in with Scott and if Isaac and Allison happen then it'd be awkward for Isaac and Scott but Scott has this new optimistic way of life maybe he'll not care or maybe this will be the ultimate factor in Scott's reverting back to whomever he was in S2.

4. I knew something horrible was going to happen with Isaac when the "previously on" showed clips of him locked in that freezer. That scene just wasn't okay.
More+
Flag
I think the dark druid is the French speaking Guidance Counselor and she's working with Deucalion and his crew. If I remember last season she wasn't happy with the vet for sitting on the sidelines or something. Plus last season I thought she was the bad guy controlling the large lizard thing so, she's due to be a bad guy this season. Something about her just screams BAD!
Flag
I agree with harpier about Deaton not letting her kill everyone without intervening. Still, her agenda is unclear. Maybe she's a more active and aggressive version of whatever Deaton is? You know, a sort of independent power
Flag
I suspect that she's enlisting the help of the alpha pack--Deucalion, in particular--to combat whomever is actually the darach. She and Deucalion's pack are likely to cause Scott, Derek and Co. lots of trouble, and she'll probably pay for her questionable alliances, but I doubt she's actually responsible for the sacrifices. However much he wants to stay out of it, I doubt Deaton would let it continue if he knew the person responsible.
Flag
Interesting theory; she does seem bad now. I didn't trust her last season, either. But whatever she's up to, whether she's a druid or not, wouldn't the vet have some clue? I'm wondering how much he knows about her extracurricular activities.
Flag
The extended promo for next episode said that an Alpha would die. I think the real option is Ennis. I don't think they will kill the twins or Kali and minus Deucalion. Who will kill him Derek or Scott. OMG!!!!! Isn't Moonday yet???? The wait is gonna kill me!!!
Flag
Wow, I can't wait! I'm so addicted to Teen Wolf. I don't know how I make it between seasons :P Monday, please hurry!
Flag
In the promo for the third season there is a real wolf. I'm gonna feel with a little disappointment if this real wolf turns to be the Demon Wolf Deucalion. I expect or imagine Deucalion to be the another creature that JD said that we all gonna see in the third season (a creature from the beastiary). I'm expecting Scott become or transform in a real wolf and Deucalion in some way like Peter did in season 1.
Flag
I think that it will be Derek that turns out to be the one that transforms into a real wolf. Just because firstly his sister could but also because on the opening titles, it shows Derek and immediately afterwards a real wolf. But I may be wrong.
Flag
I think Mrs. Argent is behind EVERYTHING because please.
Flag
My guess? The dark druid is someone the teacher talked to and last season he was involved with someone as well. My guess is still on Girard (he was in the recap episode for a reason) and he was clearly looking for a supernatural solution for his illness.
Possibly some side effects of the mountain ash.

Hopefully, the new teacher isn't involved, though she is the new gal in this town...

I'm seriously bothered about the lack of Peter in this episode.
Considering last ep Lydia and Stiles talked about how it was like when he was manipulating her...
Flag
Gerard probably is the dark druid, but he is getting help from other person not only Mr. Harrys. We have to wait and see.
Flag
Maybe Gerard is working with Deaucalion. Derek called Deaucalion a fanatic. Is possible that the storylines of the alpha pack and the sacrifices are in the same way or working together.
Flag
Answers
...Yes, probably with Lydia...or Danny
...I think it was a hallucination, but we will see more of them, now that Allison knows she tried to kill Scott
... I don't, just because it's SO CLEAR that the real ship is Scott/Isaac. Please just GO THERE SHOW! Plus, it's really not cool to hook up with someone's not-so-significant other (especially when those two are still clearly into each other) when you ask to live with him. Poor Mrs. McCall, that grocery bill!
... I'm really digging the divide and conquer method the "team" is applying. Know your strengths and delegate!
Flag
The question of relevance here is obviously who Stiles should loose virginity to, the answer is Derek!
Or Isaac, or Danny or anyone I can enjoy the gratuitous skin show of.
Flag
"Statue of David come to life" UR priceless Price!!! And... totally right! LOL!

Mmm pity about the "rave Teach" thoughm I sort of liked him...

Now, wasn't the counsellor supposed to know some "old French" #Season1? So from old F to new F... it's credible...

Allison & Isaac? Totally shipping their doomed romance!

Another very entertaining ep of Teenwolf: what else can be said!
Flag
Yeah, in Season 2 when Lydia was first sent for counseling, she challenged Ms. Morrell with what does a French teacher know about being a guidance counselor, Ms. Morrell responded with her guidance counselor credentials but never corrected the French teacher thing. Then there had to be a reason that Alison thought she could translate the bestiary - Alison, like me, seems to be the only one of her friends to take French.
Flag
Yeah, two missteps this time - Issac's brother was killed in combat and this - but she didn't need to "correct" being the French teacher, just state why she could give counseling. It was just low budget, bad plotting that Allison thought being a French teacher meant you could translate Archaic Latin, though.
Flag
Also I don't trust Jennifer the new teacher. Is she the evil druid(ess)?
Flag
I definitely think she's up to something but I'm not sure what. I don't trust her and I'm expecting her to befriend (or seduce) Derek and then betray him.
Flag
I have a suspicion that she and Lydia might be people of the good druid line who have the ability to stop the bad druid, but since Derek can't be happy ever, she sacrifices herself in order to stop bad druid. I am thinking since he has already suffered the betrayal via Kate, he has to go through the loss of a love now.
Flag
Seriously doubt that. She closed herself in fear from Boyd and Cora. Presumably the dark druid have some powers...
Flag
That is why I think she might be a good druid, basically the druids would likely know about werewolves and the risk they pose on the night of a full moon and that it isn't worth the fight. Heck, werewolves have fit into categories of the bad druid, but they (and Stiles who likely stinks of werewolf) have been excepted.
Flag
FringeFanatic, don't feel bad, I am totally defending her because she and I could share a closet.
Flag
After reading your theories, mine seem really stupid all of a sudden. I should stick to mindless blather.
Flag
I didn't even think of that, but now that you mention it, she pretty much has to be. I hope she's not though. I think it would be much better if she was introduced just to make Derek less boring.
Flag
Haha! I hope so too. More Derek scenes are always welcome...
Flag
" to make Derek less boring."? I would say to give Derek some action... I mean really we cannot let that upper torso be left untouched!!!! It would spoil!!!
Flag
So how long until Scott is officially Isaac's alpha? Isaac stayed in town because of Scott, has stated that he trusts him, grabbed his arm for comfort, immediately calmed down as soon as he got in his face and called out his name, and now he's going to be living with him. Isn't that pretty official?
Flag
How long? It already happened.
Have you noticed how Scott was able to calm Issac down after he went berserk? That's exactly what Derek did to him last season.
It's possible he shifted his intention.

I complained earlier that Derek doesn't seem to have any control over his betas. And in the first ep, they mentioned that Scott is an alpha (or will become one).
Flag
I have been having this strange thought (really since the very beginning), in his grief and rage over his sister's death and his uncle's betrayal, Derek took over being Alpha, but I always kind of thought he really liked being a strong Beta with not a lot of the responsibility (like his sister was always going to be Alpha so he just accepted and became comfortable with that role, and maybe his blue eyes indicated he wouldn't ever just inherit the role, so he knew Cora would next take it up). I almost wonder if how Scott becomes an Alpha is that Derek comes up with some sort of secret plan in which he can pass his Alpha powers onto him in a way to screw with Deucalion. Like there has to be a reason that Derek is still always looking in the books. I mean, you'd think Peter would have given him a flashdrive of the family archives.
Flag
Hot men read!
Flag
Right. Dead chick referred to him as "the alpha," and even Derek made that comment about Scott being an alpha of his own pack. We're pretty much just waiting for Scott's eyes to turn red.
Flag
Yeah, the show has been foreshadowing for a long time - plus the Deaton line in the trailer "lead them." It means something.
Flag
I imagine that is the weakness that the Alphas will discover at some point in time and eventually get Isaac to like forsake Derek once Derek is totally off board with the Alphas and submit to Scott to make Scott have to become an Alpha officially or risk letting Isaac become an Omega (honestly, this would have been a better way to get between Derek and Scott than anything they seem to be trying).
Flag
I think there's definitely going to be an episode soon where the three murders are going to be werewolves: WHO IS GOING TO DIE?... (I know it's not really Teen Wolfy - still, it would make great drama!)
Flag
I am more concerned with healers being the next victim selection, so first some unknown medical professional (I am vaguely guessing that emt that took Jackson away last season just so we recognize the person) so that next week we are worried about Deaton and Melissa.
Flag
Click Click Clackali, ironically bald werewolf, and one of the twunks. Or Boyd.

I like the twunks, but I don't think they'll stay past the season unless one of them dies, thus eliminating their ability to merge into Wolftron. That might also take away the survivor's alpha status. Ethan seems to be slightly less aggressive, so I think he'd be the one to survive and stick around.
Flag
its my understanding they will be leaving the show this season because they were just cast in a new HBO show for next year: the leftovers just MHO tho
Flag
Well, there you go. Good bye, twunks.
Flag
Also, I love that this show just uses the fact that all the characters are STUPID to be fun.

Why did Isaac stay to watch one of the twin beat up the other? Did he think he was *this* close to an orgasm? And why did the twin think this was a good idea to go get his motorcycle back? (also: how did that motorcycle work if it was missing like, most parts of it?! Is it a miracle? Or actual stupidity? I have no idea). Come on!

I loved that the BLIND "apex of apex" knew that his glasses had broken somehow... I'm sure all blind people wanna be werewolves know.
Flag
The bigger question isn't why he ran no the bike, the bigger question is - if he just ran from class how on earth did the teacher believe that he brought it in?

He didn't have enough time to go outside and drive it through...
Flag
The twins each have a motorcycle. Presumably, Ethan's bike got disassembled--assuming Aidan knew it was his bike from the sound. It seems to me that Aidan's a bit of a hothead, so he wasn't thinking at all when he bolted from the room.
Flag
They have actual names? Didn't know that. I just look at them fist each other (pun (?) intended) and look happily stupid. But point taken, I guess.
Flag
Oh, and in case you care, I believe Aidan is team Lydia while Ethan is team Danny.
Flag
I am not familiar enough with them to tell them apart like that. If they wore identical clothing, I'd be screwed.
Flag
They're also mirror-image twins, so their faces are slightly asymmetrical in opposite directions. Aidan (Max Carver) smiles/smirks to the left; Ethan (Charlie) to the right. It's also interesting, though irrelevant, that in every picture I've seen of the two of them together on red carpets and such, they always stand to the same side: Max to the right, Charlie to the left.
Flag
You watch the show on mute, don't you? They've actually mentioned their names a couple of times now.
Flag
Well, I *do* kind of cheat, in a way. First of all, I have old people hearing, so I pretty much watch everything with closed captioning on. It beats going "what did they say?" and having to rewind. As for keeping the twunks straight (well, one of them at least), I always make note of what each of them is wearing so I can distinguish between the two. It may be my imagination, but Ethan seems to have a softer facial expression than Aidan. I'm still at a point though that if they started dressing alike, I'd be screwed.
Flag
ahah believe it or not, I don't watch it on mute... But the twins don't enunciate that well and writers keep thinking it's fun to have twins that not only look exactly like each other but have names that sound exactly the same.

Though I DO care what team they're on. I might remember their names thanks to that but I feel like it's not politically correct? If so, I really am sorry.

You remember all these things from watching the episodes ONCE? Be honest.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members