A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
Ok, I've been thinking about this on and off for a while since we learned that a core member of the group was going to die.

After all this time, the group is quite tightly interwoven, and the loss of one of the focal points for the more emotional plots will be felt quite keenly.

Scott has lost his first love - even though he seems to be moving on with Kira, Allison was still that special someone, and he relied on her, trusted her and cared about her.
- Will her death make him harder? Darker?
- Will he pull away from Kira, or will she be able to comfort and support him?
- Will he be able to console and support Isaac, perhaps even bond more closely - or will this drive them apart?

Isaac too has lost someone that he cared a great deal about, and let me just state for the record: Is Isaac the new Derek? Is he NEVER allowed to have anything nice? Because he loses his brother, his dad turns abusive, his dad dies, he gets new wolfy friends, his friends run off and later end up dead, he moves in with Derek, Derek throws him out, he's besties with Scott, Scott gets a bit mad when he starts hooking up with Allison (but fortunately gets over it), he gets a girl, and the girl dies (in another man's arms).

Gee, life sure does hate you, Isaac. Poor Isaac.

Will this blow put a break on his personal growth and development that Allison helped kickstart? Because I LOVE Confident!Isaac and BAMF!Isaac, and really wouldn't mind seeing more of him!

I HOPE he doesn't misunderstand Allison's dying words to mean that she didn't care for HIM as well, and that he and Scott can bond over her loss rather than be driven apart.

Lydia was BFFs with Allison. In many ways, the two of them have been each others tie to the pack - Allison hanging out with Scott and Isaac and bringing Lydia in that way, Lydia occasionally hanging out with Stiles and others and bringing Allison in through that connection.

I hope the loss of Allison won't mean Lydia losing part of her connection to the pack, and wonder what it will do to her equilibrium now that her main confidante and apparently only (real) female friend is gone - Lydia has had a VERY bad year, and she doesn't have a very strong support network around her (she hangs with the pack now and then, but they're not close friends and they're not GIRLS).

And the real dozy: Chris Argent.
- How will he deal?
- Will he dedicate himself to the new code and ideal that Allison set forth?
- Or will he devolve into rage and despair and a need for vengeance, blaming her death on her werewolf BF's and Stiles, perhaps blaming Derek (and the twins) for making him late for the fight where she died?

I know what option I'm rooting for: The first.

I LOVE the way the character has evolved and mellowed, and the chemistry between Chris Argent and Derek Hale is delightful - I've really enjoyed seeing them work together and trust each other, it's such a sign of growth.

But my heart bleeds for the man - he's lost EVERYTHING.
I'm just hoping he'll grieve for having lost everyONE, and make the new and improved code the one THING he has left to live for.

*sniffles*

What are YOUR thoughts on the impact of her death?
Comments (39)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Mar 26, 2014
There is great scope for a Derek/Chris alliance and an end to the tired and frankly depressing 'Kick Derek' road that Davis is traeling especially with the return of the abusive Kate Argent.
Flag
Mar 26, 2014
I know - I was quite stunned when I watched Wolf Watch and Tyler Hoechlin described Derek's relationship with Kate as a sort of flirty enmity, where they fight, then almost-flirt, then fight (and yes, she's a psycho), and I was just like WHAT?
Because if you follow the timeline, where Derek turns 17 the year of the Hale fire, then Kate seduced him to get info on his family when he was 16 (his birthday is apparently in November, according to some timelines) and she was 21 or 22 (her gravestone says she's born in 1983)!
Which is NOT a "fun and flirty" relationship by any definition, just one more example of what a sick piece of work Kate Argent really is - and if that relationship, only a year after he killed Paige, didn't traumatise Derek, I think the writers need to think again.

I REALLY hope Chris will step up to the plate and help protect Derek, because it doesn't matter what form or shape Kate is in: She needs to be put down like a sick dog.
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
Now that we've had the "after-episode", can I just take a moment and say that they handled Allison's demise BEAUTIFULLY.

Chris Argent's reaction was the best I could possibly have hoped for - being there (in a practical sense) for Scott, and then the emotional scenes with Isaac that just about broke my heart; all in all pretty damned perfect.

Thank you, Teen Wolf.
The only fly in my ointment is the news that Isaac won't be returning this summer - but at least he's asked not to be killed off, so there's still the chance that he might come back, at least for a visit (pretty please with sugar on top?).
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
I'm sad over losing Issac next season, I really wanted to see a bond form between Argent and him! Not to mention I always loved his relationship with Scott! So sad right now :(
Flag
Mar 22, 2014
I had to think about this for a bit. I know that this will darken the tone of the show quite a bit, I just hope it doesn't get too dark.

Chris is the one I'm worried most about, he's lost everyone except for his psycho father. And Gerard does not count as any kind of family. I'm also very worried about Lydia. Allison was not only her best friend, but she was the only person who protected Lydia from Peter. Now I love Peter as a character, but he should not have unguarded access to Lydia. That would be very, very bad.

I'm hoping that this loss might have Scott start acting more like an Alpha, I want him to rip those Oni to pieces. He'll be devastated for some time, but he's young and relatively stable, so he should be able to eventually move on.

If Stiles survives this season, he'll have some serious guilt issues to work through. I'm hoping that Lydia can help him out there, she is his anchor after all.

I'm not going to even going to attempt to guess how this will affect anyone else, since I don't know who else might come out of this season alive.

RIP Allison Argent.
More+
Flag
Mar 23, 2014
I agree with you and GreyMinerva on almost everything.

Chris Argent and Lydia are the one that I worry about the most here. Chris has no family (that we know of, at least) and he has lose it because of the same reason: his family's tradition/involvement with werewolves. And don't even want to think how he must be feeling right now (I mean, if he would exists, of coure xD) because it has to be devastating. Although I do think that the new bond he's been building up with Derek these last weeks (months?) will help him heal. I think he will take refuge on living up to Allison's new code/ideal (to honor her) and therefore he will team up with Derek (he's on his own too, afterall).

And Lydia... when she screamed and leaned on Stiles I realized that she is going to be alone too: Allison was her only girlfriend, her only best friend, and no matters how many Kiras will come, it would never be the same, because Allison was there when it all started and that's incomparable. Kira is ok, she's nice, she has proved to be a badass, but I think Lydia in a whole different league, as Allison was. But I do think that Stiles will help her, he will stay by her side, not just because of he cares about her, but because he will need somebody too to copy with his feeling of guilt (he did beg Scott and Isaac to do whatever was necessary to prevent anyone else dying because of his Nogitsune-side). I think they will be attracted to support each other and that will bring her closer (I need some Stydia time, pleeeease!).

I think Scott will mourn Allison's death by putting distance between him and Kira (and it'd logic and respectable) and by true-alphaing up (I think I just coined that word xD).

I think that 'another one will diying' is going to be Isaac (or Aiden, I'm not sure), so I think he'll not have time to mourn Allison's death.
More +
Flag
Mar 22, 2014
I am still grieving for Allison. That was one of the toughest death scenes on television that I've ever watched.

I think that Allison's death will have a severe impact on everyone, especially her father of course. I think Chris Argent and Scott will each deal with a lot of darkness. I don't know how Mr. Argent will snap out of it. It might actually lead to his demise (but I hope not). He might not feel that he has a purpose now. I hope he doesn't blame any of the wolves. If Allison, herself, had waited for him as he'd asked, she may have lived. But we'll never know.

As for Scott, I think he will be deeply affected for a significant period of time but then get over it. Allison was his first love and she died in his arms but he's young and resilient. I don't think he'll ever forget her but she was his friend and he'll always miss her. I also don't think Scott and Kira have a very strong bond or a particularly strong romance so I don't believe that Kira will have very much to do with Scott's emotional healing. Most likely it will be his mom and/or Stiles who helps Scott cope.

I'm expecting Lydia to suffer a lot as well. It seems like Allison is one of the few people who actually cared about Lydia. Lydia may feel very lost without Allison. I do think that Lydia's place in the group is already secure. Scott values her as a friend and as a member of his pack. I think that she and Stiles have become good friends as well.

When it comes to Isaac, I think he will be devastated for awhile but eventually move on also. I know he cared for Allison and she cared for him, but I never felt like they were making a love connection. It seemed like lust to me for the most part. I hope that Isaac and Scott can help each other deal with Allison's death. These two guys are so great on screen together. (To be honest, I love seeing all the guys interact with each other, especially when they're kicking ass or being comedic).

When season four begins, I'm expecting everyone to be struggling with anger and grief. I just really hope we don't have to deal with Allison's funeral because that would just be too hard to watch.
More+
Flag
Mar 23, 2014
Oh God, I didn't think about the possibility of a funeral O_O (and I would never be ready for that)
Flag
Mar 24, 2014
I don't think any of the fans would be able to deal with a funeral. Even those who don't like Allison would be devastated to see the grief of the people who love her. I, for one, am going to miss Allison a lot and I hope they don't show her funeral.
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
You're right, because I never was a big fan of Allison, she annoyed me most of the time: her childsih attitude regarding haunting down any werewolves (but Scott) on season 2 made me upset the most, and her self-centered (almost insincere) friendship with Lydia that left her dealing with Peter on her own... I only starded liking her (bearing, at least) her when she started getting badass on early season 3. And here I am, mourning her death! Because I have to admit that it stroke me like I never thought it would... :/
Flag
Mar 21, 2014
After losing Allison, I think Scott might become a little darker but I think he's also going to get even more protective of the people he loves. After what happened to Allison, I don't think there is anyway that he's going to let Stiles die. Even though Scott was with Kira and Allison was with Isaac, I think in his head he and Allison were always going to be endgame. So, he might pull back from Kira and Kira might pull back from him. Kira probably feels guilty since it was her mother that released the nogitsune in the first place, and she'll probably worry that Scott will blame her as well. I think they'll enter into some sort of friendship where they get to know each other and get deeper feelings until Scott is ready to be with someone again. I think Isaac understood that what Allison said to Scott didn't negate her feelings for him so I think he and Scott will become closer. In fact I think everyone will be closer because they don't want to lose anybody else. Lydia's closest friend after Allison is definitely Stiles so I think she'll start to rely on him more and they can help each other heal. I think her friendship with Scott will really deepen too because they were both really close to Allison. Lydia will probably get closer to Meredith and slowely develop a friendship with Kira. I think Isaac and Mr. Argent are going to lean on each other a lot as well. Derek and Allison didn't seem to have a very clsoe friendship but he and Chris Argent do and he can definitely relate to losing family members.

I'm hoping Chris will continue to follow what Allison believes in. I think he'll definitely want revenge on the nogitsune and I don't know if he'll necessarily care if Stiles is connected to it. This would sort of put him against Scott in the season finale. He'll probably only blame the nogitsune for her death. I don't see him blaming Stiles because the nogitsune and Stiles were seperate entities when Allison died. As for blame, everyones going to blame themselves. Scott's going to blame himself for not staying to help her fight, Isaac going to blame himself because she died saving him, Stiles is going to blame himself for letting the nogitsune back in when he was in eichen house, Chris is going to blame himself because he wasn't there and Lydia is going to blame herself because she knew someone was going to die but couldn't get the message completely across. So basically they are all going to busy blaming themselves to blame each other. Derek and the twins will probably be the only ones not blaming themselves.

More+
Flag
Mar 20, 2014
With regards to Lydia, minus the obvious bond she has with Stiles, I think that her and Scott could rely on each other to get through it, maybe not immediately, but there have been scenes where Lydia and Scott have an understanding, like in 3A at the music recital.
Flag
Mar 23, 2014
I do adore the sort-of friendship Scott and Lydia seem to have whenever they (rarely) have scenes together. They just seem like the kind of friends who don't need to be talking all the time to just 'get' each other you know? They're both suffering the crazy supernatural gifts, the only ones Peter actually bit.
Flag
Mar 20, 2014
Undoubtedly Chris will be the most devastated and I'm guessing he'll want to blame someone, maybe himself, but there is no way to predict how something like this could affect anyone no matter how well you know them.
But as you said, my heart bleeds for him. Even if he hadn't lost anything else, to lose your only child, I can't imagine a worse hell than that.

Each of the rest of the pack will be affected differently depending on their relationship with Allison but I think all of them will feel guilty since they all kind of share the blame for what happened, with the exception of Lydia.
All of them ignored multiple warnings to not go and i get that they couldn't help themselves essentially, to leave Lydia with the Nogitsune even though she asked them doesn't sound easy, so they went i get it, but they went alone!
That was so stupid on their part, they should've at least waited for Derek and Chris, for f**k sake, it's the Nogitsune, the scariest and most unpredictable opponent they ever had, did they really think they could beat it on their own?!

Even without said guilt everyone of them will suffer. Lydia essentially lost her best friend and the only person she could really talk to, Isaac seemed to have genuine feeling for her, Scott grew to be her friend and also he feels responsible for everyone anyway so even if it had nothing to do with him he would still feel guilty. Stiles already feels responsible for everything that the Nogitsune does, even though i think he has 0% of the blame, it's not easy to rationalize it, he already said that he would die before he let anyone else die because of him and then a member of the pack dies, i can't imagine the burden of that guilt.

And after all that, next episode more people will die, I don't think i can take it! T_T
More+
Flag
Mar 20, 2014
This is the single most cohesive, sensitive discussion of the fallout I've read. Thanks for it. Others have given beautiful eulogies to Allison as a character and the importance of her role in the genre, but not many have tackled the possible emotional consequences, yet at least.

1. While Allison's final words—and the fact that she dies in Scott's arms—have to have been painful to hear, I also hope that Isaac doesn't misunderstand them. I think the episode did an excellent job giving her moments with the important people in her life, even if Lydia wasn't able to reciprocate Allison's statement that she came for her best friend. She got to say goodbye to her father. She had a tender, private, honest moment with Isaac as she confirmed her feelings from two nights before. And she was able to express her enduring love (if not romantic) for Scott, who was the single most important non-family-member person in her life.

2. Oh, Chris Argent. I'm also optimistic about the growing friendship between Argent and Derek. In many ways they're set up to understand each other better than anyone. Aside from a megalomaniacal, sometimes homicidal father/uncle, they're both alone. It's a tragic way for it to happen, but Derek could really come through for Chris.

3. Lydia's more difficult. You're right. She needs some lady friends, and while Kira and Allison were given a few bonding chances late in the season, Kira and Lydia not really. But I don't think there's much risk of her losing out on the pack. I, obviously, don't know how Stiles will be rescued, but their bond continues to deepen. If Aidan makes it through the season, he's shown real affection for her, even perhaps the willingness to die for her. Romance or not, that's a relationship to be reckoned with. And Lydia's also (if sometimes futilely) deferred to Scott as alpha. Their trip into Stiles' head notwithstanding, she also cried out for him at the black-light party when she felt threatened.

Also, call me crazy, but I think she and Malia would really get along. There'd definitely be a lot of truth being told, and they could probably bond over crazy Peter.
More+
Flag
Mar 22, 2014
I can see Lydia and Malia getting along. I don't know about Lydia and Kira. Also, I think Aidan cares for Lydia to some extent but it just seems like they enjoy sex with each other and aren't in love or anything. Even though it's been a long time for us since Jackson left, for Lydia it hasn't been all that long. Aidan seemed like her rebound.

Like you, I'm really rooting for Mr. Argent and Derek to become friends. That might be a friendship that saves both their lives.
Flag
Mar 22, 2014
I actually believe Aidan feels more for Lydia than she does for him. He acted like a petulant fool when she dismissed him at the black-light party, but I think that betrays his hurt feelings more than his indifference. Also, I really enjoyed his complete disbelief that the nogitsune was able to kidnap Lydia from Scott's house without anyone stopping him. He might very well put his own life at risk to save hers. I don't know that I would have said he would have done that for anyone before his affair with her.
Flag
Mar 23, 2014
You could be right.
Flag
Mar 20, 2014
This is such a tough question, because it leaves me torn on what I'd like to see , and how I actually think the show will handle it.

I'll begin with the latter, if we even see much of the aftermath, and we are not treated to a decent time jump skipping the direct aftermath, it won't be until season 4, because lets face while we will see the immediate reactions of all our characters, next week we'll be primarily plot focused tying up the loose ends of the nogitsune arc, and while it looks like we will see some deeper stuff between Isaac and Chris, from what we've seen it looks like Scott is jumping right back into the plot pretty quickly, which shows one of two things, either we are seeing the show once again ignore Scott's emotion, or this is how he is choosing to deal with her death by putting his mind on something else like always. What we see from Lydia is anyones guess.

Now for the former, I would like to see some emotional growth from Scott, I mean this kid has grown so much since season 1, and he may have reached his breaking point with the death of the girl he claimed he was supposed to end up with. There is supposed to be a big scene between him and Mama McCall in the finale, so I hope that has something to do with this. I wouldn't be shocked if we see a darker Scott next season. I just hope they address how much Alli meant to him even when they weren't together, and while I believe he has genuine feelings for Kira, I doubt they'll be moving very quickly seeing Allison professed her love to Scott while she was dying, and it wouldn't be like to Scott to jump right into a relationship with Kira after what happened. It will be interesting to see if Kira does have any guilt about what happened, even if none of it is her fault.

As for Chris, he given Allison's death will be our primary eye into the hunter world, and given group of hunters is expected to play a major role next season, I think there are two paths for Chris, either he will stay strong and continue to honor her daughter by sticking to her new code, or he will break and perhaps become the hunter he was when the series began. Either path will certainly be interesting to watch.

What happens to Isaac depends heavily on what happens to him in the finale, has he been confirmed for next season, but for hypothetical sake I hope there is no ill will between him and Scott, I'd much rather them become closer due to the loss of someone they each cared a lot about.

Now Lydia, I honestly think Lydia will take the longest to mourn, she saw a death coming, and while she could have never known it was Allison, I believe in a way similar to how Scott can take someones pain, Lydia felt Allison die, and that will affect her for a long time to come, and while I believe she'll find some comfort in Stiles, and their friendship will continue to grow I would love for her to become closer to Scott, they both lost in one way or another the love of their life, even if one was romantic and the other platonic, and I'd like to see these two people who never seemed like they could become friends back when the show become closer. I also think we could see the old Lydia from season 1 reemerge in a way that covers up her pain, and I think she'll become closer to meredith in a way only they can understand, both being banshees.
More+
Flag
Mar 19, 2014
I've been thinking about this I think it will cause some tension between Scott and Isaac. Alison's absence has now forged a new path for Scott to take he will grow and become the alpha he is meant to be he knows this can't happen again, Alison, Lydia and stiles are in his pack, now one of them is gone he might feel obligated to learn more about his heritage of being the true alpha. Scott will become darker I don't think there's any way around that, it's whether he lets it consume him, but that's were Derek comes in and teaches him to embrace the darkness and use it instead of drowning in it.
Flag
Mar 19, 2014
Well, I've been thinking this too based on the fact that I am of the position that having her die in the midst of a fight, especially where she was protecting someone was the most respectful way for her to go out...

In the immediate aftermath, it seems like Chris and Isaac probably stay with her body and are excused from the police immediately. I think Scott will try and put it aside for the moment, and I would think that Lydia is able to pull that focus together as well. I think Stiles will be left to dwell a lot more and feel like he is ultimately responsible for letting the Nogistune in, even if it meant saving Malia. I have a hard time figuring out Kira and her mother's immediate reaction, but I bet Kira falls into the Scott and Lydia mission focused mindset (soliders at war after a comrade has fallen for a better analogy). I still think her mother is likely so blinded by her own actual fault in all of this that she might just almost collapse in on herself (I am a little unclear what happens when all of her tails are gone).

In the long term, well, while I think Chris might be able to hold it together enough to get some bullets to save at least Derek, I am seeing him getting lost in bender for most of the rest of the season (and for the first real time not being involved in the end game of the season) which he will be out of by the time season four starts and will either be still the Chris we have come to know and who is honoring his daughter's alliances, will be taken in by the group of hunters led by that lady from Switched at Birth, or...okay, I was going to do a whole posting about this, but I started thinking about who shot the twins. Chris and Derek seemed to discount the older lady and her crew and Chris seemed, well, horrified. Then I have memory of a woman in her late thirties being cast who we haven't seen yet (and we just assumed would be a flashback of Stiles' mother). Then, well, there were a couple of rows of people at Kate Argent's funeral. I don't see any reason why Chris couldn't have another younger sister...I do think if he sticks with our group, he might decide to take it upon himself to train those without supernatural strength to fight and might get a little obsessive about it.

I think Isaac will have a hard time figuring out his place, while technically he was her boyfriend at the time she died, but he heard what she said. And even though I think Scott thinks that Allison was Isaac's girlfriend and they weren't ever getting back together, there is going to be this awkwardness with Isaac that he doesn't feel right grieving so he might react destructively, he might want to move out or he might just run away and he is the character who seemingly disappears at the end of this season.

I don't know if Kira is going to be there in Season 4, but I have a feeling she is going to be, if possible, even more awkward because she won't really know where she and Scott stand or if it is right to pursue him at this point. She likely will sort of withdraw a bit from the group because, really, the only other person she was becoming friends with was Allison. Which actually leads me to..

Lydia, I have a feeling she might be burying her feelings a bit next season and covering them with a bit of Season 1 bravado. But, if she only feels comfortable around the boys, she will start to notice Kira sort of wallflowering it, Malia possibly and possibly Meredith just being weird and she might decide to focus all her energy in pulling the girls together. But she will be the one who has sort of outbursts of saddness and anger and maybe get distracted with the idea she could talk to Allison with her Banshee powers.

Stiles, well, I kind of think he will just be kind of a downer next season because of all of the guilt. And until he can sink his teeth into figuring out an issue next season.

I am unsure about Scott. I mean, he will grieve, but he's like the most emotionally healthy and level headed character on the show. Hell, maybe on TV. I attribute that to Melissa. He might become that much more determined to protect everyone at all costs. But I am still expecting a little forward movement on him supernaturally, like next episode, which might impact this.
More+
Flag
Mar 19, 2014
You forgot a couple. Kira, while not close to Allison, is going to feel the guilt of Allison's death. She may not have cause Allison's death, but her mother indirectly did. I feel Kira is going to carry that guilt, plus a lot of anger towards her mother for making things worse than they needed to be by holding out on Kira for as long as she did and by not working with the pack in the first place. This will also affect her relationship with Scott as he deals with the death of his first love, the love he stated he would end up with in the end, and the love that declared her love for him in his arms as she lay dying!

I think Stiles was probably closer to Allison than we saw as the best friend/third wheel of Scott and Allison's relationship. He also knows how much Allison meant to Scott still - look who distracted Scott in Stile's mind after all! Lastly, Stiles, being the good guy that he is, will undoubtedly feel huge amounts of guilt over her death. Even though it wasn't him and even though he fought the Nogistune as best he could, he wil beat himself up for not doing more. In some ways, I think Stiles will be the most affected by Allison's death for this reason - with the exception of Argent.
More+
Flag
Mar 19, 2014
I didn't really "forget" them as "not bother" - I figured their interaction/bond with Allison was weaker or more distanced, so I focused on her "main" relationships.
But I think you're right about Stiles feeling the guilt when he's back on his feet, and perhaps more so for not heeding Lydia's message of "Don't come".
Kira will probably be troubled too, both because of Scott (how do you handle it when your fresh boyfriend is grieving for his lost love..?) and because of her mother.

Momma Kitsune I'm not so sure about - yes, she may feel guilt, but she's 900 years old, I'm not sure how hard something like this would NORMALLY hit her.
But because of her personal connection to the case ("My nogitsune, my demon!"), and because she remembers losing her love in the same place, to the same monster, and also because she's used up all her tails, it's entirely possible this will knock her down for a while.
What happens when a Kitsune runs out of tails? Do they lose their powers?
Flag
Mar 19, 2014
I don't think that Chris will go crazy. He's been shown to assign blame where it truly lies in past seasons, to have him blame Derek and the twins, who couldn't possibly have known about any of this, seems unlikely. He's more likely to:

- Blame himself.
- Be angry at Allison for being the kind of person who will stride into fights to the death without waiting for him (although he'll love her for it too, and this will break my heart)
- Blame the nogitsune (obviously).

He might have a strained relationship with Scott for a bit, and definitely Stiles. He'll probably be angry at Kira's Mom for having created the nogitsune and the Oni in the first place and not cleaning up her mess better. He might even spare some anger for the people who shot Aiden and Ethan, because that was the incident that made him late really. But if you think about it, after his wife's death he didn't follow Allison's rage into killing Derek and the pack. He wanted to take them down, but he wasn't cruel or blinded by hatred and grief. He correctly assigned blame over Kate's death to Kate herself being a crazy murderer and Peter being a crazy murderer.

I especially think her words to him, that she was proud of him, will convince him to take the first path you stated.

I sort of hope that he reaches out to Isaac a bit. Lord knows that boy needs a father figure. Scott might be his alpha, and he's a good person, but he knows as much about what he's doing as Isaac does most of the time. A stronger relationship between Chris and Isaac would help both of them, I think. I also like how his relationship with Derek has been going, I can see them becoming the kind of friends who really don't seem to like each other on the surface, but then would die for each other saying 'Well, if you'd die, then who would I electrocute?'

I'm not sure how Scott's going to react. I really want him to have Melissa with him for some of next episode, because there's a very real possibility that this will break him. Stiles is dying, Allison's dead, Isaac's going to be a mess, the twins are full of wolfsbane and there's a facsimile of his friend running around with an army of oni. Scott's life is just... I don't know what'll happen with him and Kira, either. I mean, he and Allison were okay with each other's new romances, but her death and her last words have to have some effect.

Lydia, though, I feel so terrible for her. She doesn't have a lot of actual friends. Scott and Stiles are, but they weren't really friends before she got bitten by a demon werewolf and went a bit crazy, and they're not the sort of friends she can talk to. Her and Aiden aren't exactly connecting on anything other than a physical level and her parents, we know from season 1, are distant. Allison was her friend, her protector and her anchor for most of this. When things went crazy they talked to each other. When she wanted someone to help her with Peter she went to Allison. When Allison needed help with her archery she went to Lydia. Now she's stuck, hearing death, knowing that she tried to stop it and failed, with a collapsed, dying Stiles, more alone than ever.
More+
Flag
Mar 19, 2014
I'm hoping you're right about Chris, because as you say, he's been surprisingly reasonable in the past when he's lost his loved ones - he accepted Kate's death as necessary and justified, he grieved his wife but didn't go after Derek directly for biting her, recognising that he BIT her; to die was HER choice, not Derek's.
And he accepted that his father got what was coming to him, no questions asked.
But this is the last of his family, the one who made everything worth it, the one he tried to do better for, and I'm just worried it'll break him completely.
I'm HOPING it doesn't, but I'm almost equally worried about him going suicidally rash and dive into dangerous situations in a quest for vengeance; I want the last (known) Argent to stay around for a good, long time, "adopting" Allison's chosen pack as his responsibility in her honour.
Flag
Mar 19, 2014
He does always seem to be level-headed, which is refreshing of a hunter in a show like this. Usually writers make them jump to RAGE attack far too quickly. But he's good at cutting through all the rubbish and making non-emotional decisions.

Not to say that he doesn't get emotional, and I think his reaction to this will be brutal to watch, but I don't think it will involve backlash against the main characters.

That's one of the reasons I want him and Isaac to team up. Keeping an eye on Isaac would give him some way of connecting to Allison, it would also give him something to focus on and protect, which I think he needs.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members