A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

We're halfway through Teen Wolf's fourth season and our knowledge regarding the mysterious villain known only as the Benefactor rivals Malia's knowledge of Abraham Lincoln, which is to say it's basically non-existent. After pulling a Stiles and studying the facts of the situation, here's what we do know, gathered from the first six episodes of the season...

According to Meredith's choice of pronouns when she was confronted by Stiles and Lydia, we assumed the Benefactor was a man, but if Scott's theory from "Time of Death"—that the Benefactor is a banshee—is to be believed, we're not so sure anymore. Aren't banshees usually female?

Aside from that hiccup, everything else remains the same: We also know that the Benefactor prefers to have assassins do his/her dirty work. He/she is overly fond of cassette tapes, yet is still technologically gifted enough that he/shee was able to encode the Deadpool. He/she also understands the concept of wiring money, and unlike most of America, is prompt in his/her text messaging. The Benefactor has an unusual amount of backstory on the Hale family, including the location of their secret family vault under Beacon Hills High (LOL), and also knows Malia's true parentage, as her name is listed on the Deadpool as Malia Hale, not Malia Tate. The Benefactor was aware of Allison and Aiden's deaths, which may or may not have been common knowledge in Beacon Hills (we don't know because no one seems to ever mention the fact that their friends perished two months ago), and he/she is also predicting Derek's death—or, put another way, he/she plans on killing Derek in the near future. And finally, he/she knew Liam was a werewolf almost immediately after Scott bit him, and placed him on the list in relatively quick fashion.

So, who could it be? Regardless of sex and assuming the Benefactor is someone we've already met/someone we know about, here are the possible culprits. Take a look, then share your theories in the comments!

Peter Hale

Why he could totally be the Benefactor: Peter is suspiciously absent from the Deadpool, something the show took care to point out in "Weaponized" when Stiles described him as either incredibly lucky or the Benefactor. There was also that time he was a CGI villain who turned Scott and also bit Lydia, which brought her latent banshee powers to the surface. Although he's proven on several occasions to be an asset to the pack, he's an opportunistic frenemy, a man whose loyalties are only to himself—so he can't be trusted, basically. It's no secret that he wants to restore his power and status as the alpha, and when you take into consideration that he's exactly the type of person who would enlist others to do his evil deeds, it's not hard to see him as the Benefactor. Furthermore, he seems to be growing stronger as Derek is growing weaker, it makes perfect sense that would have immense knowledge about the Hales—including the location of the vault—and he would know about Liam. And even though he doesn't strike me as technologically sound, he could have kidnapped everyone's favorite supporting character Danny, who's excellent with computers, to encode the Deadpool for him. At the very least it would explain Danny's absence this season.

Why he's probably not the Benefactor: It wouldn't be ridiculous to suggest that Peter staged his own robbery, but would he actually part with his money? Probably not. He's the most selfish character in Beacon Hills. It's more likely that Peter is just a red herring. He might be the most obvious culprit, but that's probably exactly why it's not him.

Gerard Argent

Why he could totally be the Benefactor: A former hunter who wanted to destroy the pack in Season 2, Gerard's story was left dangling in the wind. Having now lost a granddaughter, maybe he's thirsty for revenge. Since he's currently oozing black goo and unable to murder people on his own, it's plausible that he'd have to hire assassins to help him finish cleaning house. He would have plenty knowledge of the Hale family, would probably kill his were-jaguar daughter, and could've also had Danny kidnapped to serve as his techie. And of course, let's not forget MOUNTAIN ASH.

Whey he's probably not the Benefactor: Who cares about that old loon?

Danny Mahealani

Why he could totally be the Benefactor: After appearing frequently throughout Teen Wolf's first three seasons, Danny has been suspiciously absent during Season 4 (which has been even more obvious during the frequent lacrosse scenes, as Danny was a talented member of the team). In the Season 3 finale, we learned that he's known about the supernatural creatures who call Beacon Hills home all along, and as I mentioned above, he's great with computers and definitely could've built the Deadpool.

Whey he's probably not the Benefactor: Danny is friends with the pack; he dated Ethan, a known werewolf; and he's generally liked by everyone. He's a kindhearted soul who just wants to make out with cute boys and have blacklight parties, not murder (by association) most of Beacon Hills.

Deputy Jordan Parrish

Why he could totally be the Benefactor: Despite the fact that he's one of our favorite new TV characters of the summer, we still don't know very much about Parrish. We know he's of supernatural origin and has a $5 million price tag on his head, but he's relatively new to Beacon Hills, which automatically raises our suspicions. He seemed unfazed by Lydia's ability to find a freezer full of dead bodies, which could simply mean that he's super chill (get it?)... or it could mean that he's a bad dude. Add to that the fact that we still don't know what type of creature he is (a phoenix? A siren? Another banshee with dormant powers?) and he's just as mysterious as the Benefactor.

Whey he's probably not the Benefactor: He's also on the Deadpool. Plus, he seems like such a nice guy!

That Dick at Eichen House

Why he could totally be the Benefactor: He's a dick, and he had access to Meredith.

Whey he's probably not the Benefactor: No one cares about that guy?

Mr. Tate

Why he could totally be the Benefactor: Mr. Tate has every reason to hate the supernatural, as his wife and young daughter were killed by Malia—a were-coyote/girl he thought was his daughter—when she accidentally transformed in the car during a full moon. It's possible that he discovered she wasn't his biological child, but rather the secret offspring of Peter Hale, and subsequently decided to take action by eliminating every supernatural creature from Beacon Hills. That would also explain why Peter isn't on the list: because Mr. Tate wants to save Peter for himself. Plus, the dude has some anger issues.

Why he's probably not the Benefactor: Malia is on the Deadpool list, and even though Mr. Tate tried to murder her once (when she was still in were-coyote form), would he still wish her dead? 

Lydia's Grandma?!

Why she could totally be the Benefactor: Well, it would probably explain why the Benefactor had to hire assassins—can't very well go 'round murdering hunky teens when she's supposed to be dead. Plus, she's probably frail and all that. 

Why he's probably not the Benefactor: It's more likely that she's working for the Benefactor/knows who the Benefactor is/wants to help the pack solve this annoying puzzle so she can go back to playing shuffleboard with her banshee buddies. Plus, Beacon Hills has already filled its grumpy, vengeful senior citizen quota.

Greenberg

Look, all I'm saying is that it could happen. We don't know Greenberg's life!

Mrs. Argent

DARE TO DREAM.

thekaitling:list:who-do-you-think-the-benefactor-is/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/8/2016

Season 5 : Episode 20

291 Comments
Comments (291)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Been having a hunch about Mrs Argent so glad to see her added to the list, Kate was only scratched and not showing obvious signs of begining the change when she "died" but it was enough to bring her back, Mrs Argent had a full bite and was well into the process of the change, the full moon was rising and her eyes had already tranformed before she stabbed herself so I think she might have left it too late and the same thing happened to her maybe. Mrs Argent had the same black and white view as Gerard regarding the hunting (i.e. all werewolves bad) with the history between the Argents and the Hales and now Alison's death would give her motive.
Flag
what about Allison's father.... did you see how the Calaveras grind into him about what an hunter does. and there were modern werewolf bombs thrown into the Hale vault when the money was stolen. Surely he would know that the Hale family would have a vault somewhere and after all he's an Argent, which is an OLD family name going back to Europe in centuries. Who's to say that the Calaveras haven't got their own family in a similiar fashion?
Flag
"We hunt those who hunt us" why's that such an important statement to the hunters?
Flag
it is definitely Meridith because she is a banshee, faked her death, inserted her own name in the death pool so that all suspicion will not lead to her, she is also good with tapes and also said that the dick head was working for her all these while
Flag
I was sick yesterday so I had not much else to do but think, and I was so happy when Price was expressing somewhat doubt about Meredith being the actual Benefactor too.

I have no doubt she made the list and had manipulated Brunski and might have something out for Lydia and Lydia's direct allies because of what Lorraine did to her, but I don't know that she fully understands what is happening as a result. I mean, unless she has been faking her crazy, and I have no doubt it is faked to the extreme it is, but Lorraine did do something to her which caused enough of a breakdown that she got committed to Eichen House. And I imagine she thinks she is doing good.

I mean maybe I was caught with the thought that maybe Gerard is also a patient of Eichen House (maybe there is an old person wing) and he helped direct Meredith's line of thinking. Or maybe as much as I love him, Scott is right about something in Episode 8? Wow. I mean, he seemed to have a bead on Gerard earlier than that, but no one told us.
Flag
This more than ever makes it confusing that Peter isn't on the lists. That and even if Meredith isn't crazy, what are the chances she did the coding and programming for all the wire transfers and communication?
Flag
Yeah, and even if she could escape and had Brunski (who struck me as kind of an idiot, like I couldn't help think when he was harassing Coach last year for him to say, well, dude, you are an orderly, I am actually a teacher and a coach of a team that..I think...won state championship last year) how on earth did just the two of them convert the bearer bonds into cash in the first place (also that seriously didn't look like the type of footwear Brunski would own that stole the money, it still looks much more like Gerard).

I think it is likely until fairly recently, Peter probably is dead on official records and if we presume Meredith's messages are as dense as the one's Lydia gets then if she had another Hale to list, it would probably be easier to put together who Malia is biologically than Peter's resurrection.

Oh, and seriously, how would either of them get an idea about the value of each person? How did they know that Scott was anything but an Alpha, consequently, he and Satomi should be the same value. But because of everything else, his value is higher. The only explanation I could get from that in my head was that maybe you actually want your number to be higher because Meredith assessed the likelihood of killing harder.
More +
Flag
After all our theories, after all our plotting and planning and trying to find out who it was... I am a little disappointed.
Flag
I don't think people are disappointed so much as just baffled by such an unlikely suspect with almost no motive, means, sanity, etc....
Flag
Man, we were all wrong! :p
Flag
And may yet STILL be wrong before it's all said and done!
Flag
At least i voted for someone else that i'll list in the comments. So now my guess is Meredith.. lol
Flag
Well that was unexpected.. lol I was kinda disappointed when it appeared the guy from Eichen House was behind everything...glad he was just another pawn. Meredith tho..wow.. didn't see that coming.
Flag
Woweee were we wrong, she wasn't even on the poll haha! Sneaky banshee
Flag
I'm so pissed at myself right now. I should have seen that one coming...
Flag
Literally impossible to "see that one coming", simply due to the fact that Meredith was a B Character at Best. First off she was crazy, had very little interactions with the group and she also fake-died.

Honestly the only "hints" we were given to point us towards her was last week's episode where Scott goes "Who knows when someone is dead but doesn't need to see the body? A BANSHEE!" **Which we all were thinking Lydia's GMa at that point since Meredith apparently committed suicide. And the other major clue/confusing question was that Meredith photo Lydia found. Which gets explained in the most recent episode along with who Meredith was/how she knew Lydia's GMa. So pretty much halfway through the flashbacks when Meredith's ears are bleeding, and Lydia says something like "my GMa did this to her, it was so sad... she has been in the crazy house ever since". That is pretty much the moment we figure out it's Meredith and it's ONLY like 10 minutes before they actually tell us.
Flag
Wow we were all off... Damn you Meredith
Flag
Maybe I'm missing something, but was Ethan's name on the deadpool? If not, does that mean that Danny is working with the benefactor to keep him safe? just wondering.
Flag
Ethan's not in Beacon Hills anymore. That's why he's not on the list.
Flag
could it maybe be the head of the mexican mexican hunters?.(name escapes me) they definitely could have access to the supernatural creatures on beacon hills. they have knowledge of the hales and could know the location of the vault. they'd have the muscle to intimidate a banshee and the weapons to supply the assassins. the woman could have easily sent her right hand to eiken house to warn meredith to keep her mouth shut.

what takes away from them is that they had a golden opportunity to kill scott, kira, malia and lydia in episode 1 and didnt.They'd also want peter dead for sure

then again all of the chief suspects have had chances. peter hale could have killed scott and derek in deaton's veterinary office. scott's father could have killed scott when they were home alone.

i'd be okay if was gerard or lydia's dad. i wouldnt if it was danny or scott's father.

I have a feeling it'll be danny though and that will be depressing
Flag
I would love if it was Mrs. Argent! While I doubt it's Peter for obvious reasons, I think it would be an interesting storyline for Malia, Peter, and Derek.
Flag
Okay. My official theory is it is Lydia's dad. I don't think it is Peter but I think he was working with the Benefactor up until he stole Peter's money. I think Peter didn't see that coming. Peter obviously wants Scott's alpha powers so what better way than to threaten everyone when he knows Scott will focus on trying to do the impossible and save everyone.

I think Lydia's grandma is trying to help stop the benefactor without directly going to our heroes in an attempt to stay "dead" and not become a target. I do think Meredith ends up being Lydia's half-sister, and would explain why she wouldn't out the benefactor, cause he wouldn't out her father.

Just my two cents, thanks for reading.
Flag
i want all Hollywood stars to know this.. if you do not hire me a protection in Kansas city Missouri, I will have someone kill you bye. I don't need protection from anyone except the mayor here, why because he raped me in the ass bye, wow wow wow just hire me your neighbors, no one I know reads this stupid garbage, I need protection from anyone that tries to get to you first, no exception beauty doesn't qualify, only intellect and protection qualify, I got all a's in orange country right, well you better let me be a panhandler here, cus I know Michael who kicked satan's ass. I know Jesus who got killed by the Italians, I know the jews who helped him get buried, and I know God the Father who resurrected them all, just like in wow the same gift but only in real life, ok no statues talking in Harrisonville qualify, and hire me gargoyle security too, I don't care about your faith I just need an agreement, so you can go to jail, I'm a big man red head right? I better be your offending I love Lucy if I am not,..
Flag
Here's the thing I don't get about this banshee revelation: Scott basically said that it has to be a banshee because it didn't need visual confirmation to know who was dead and who wasn't. But... it DID need visual confirmation with all the other murders, didn't it? That's the whole reason they came up with this plan...
Flag
It has to be Mrs. Argent!
Flag
From a generational perspective Old Argent and Lydia's Gran could have known each other back when and the alliance might have led to the Banshee helping the Benefactor?

But equally Lydia's Gran appears to have fake her own death a while back so in the meantime she could have partnered up with a younger entrepreneurial monster killer - like the guy at Eichen House perhaps? Not sure if Lydia's gran is involved voluntarily or not though...
Flag
Ok, so...I just finished watching the full season 1 again, and I still cannot make out who the benefactor might be. I give up. I guess I just have to wait and see it tonight to find out. aaahhhh.... I hate not knowing.
Flag
We never got confirmation whether Papa McCall investigated the Hale fire when it happened or not. My vote is that he is the Benefactor.
Flag
While I am fairly certain that it is Gerard (and I will set out my theory which I understand will likely be disproved in twelve hours, figuring the reveal is before the half hour mark so that we spend the last half with Scott and Liam trying to save Stiles and Lydia and getting away from their weekly assassin), I traveled early on Saturday morning and was exhausted all day. Unfortunately, since I was a baby, I have lacked the ability to nap (my mother has told me since I was two months old, I slept through the night but never napped) so I watched from I.E.D. forward. Peter has once again moved up my list. While I still think he has a distinct other plan and is only really interested in getting his money back (and saving Scott for his own nefarious purposes - I actually suspect he doesn't want to kill him, he perhaps wants him to do something similar to what Derek did for Cora for someone in danger), I couldn't help but think that Scott's theory for why a banshee is behind this could also be answered by Peter sending Kate to find out. This might also explain his relief at finding out Scott was alive, if Chris actually had killed Scott that kind of spells huge trouble for the supernatural community because Chris with no sentimental attachments, well, that would be scary. Anyway, my theory...

Gerard, after the events of Visionary, began to get better. While he didn't become a werewolf, he possibly uncovered a long buried Argent secret (like Lydia's) which might still register him as human (which apparently, the mountain ash still reads Lydia as human as she spread the ash in the same way that Melissa did when the Oni attacked the McCall house) but as he was reaching full health, he possibly got visits from any of the following: Void Stiles, the Yakuza gangster, or any of the Calaveras who kept him updating on the Nogistune, Oni, etcetera event. Upon learning of Allision's death at the hands of the Oni, this sent Gerard into a rage not dissimilar to his desire to kill all werewolves after Kate 'died.' But as the Oni were defeated, Gerard began expanding his hatred to all supernatural creatures. I would suggest he did not possess the strength to deal with them for whatever reason, so he started putting together informational lists. And at some point, maybe just following up on Malia, he found Meredith and records of Lydia's grandmother at Eichen House. He perhaps got Mrs. Martin's name and the fact that she was still alive from Meredith. So, he found her and because he had this mission in play, he found the slightly crazy older lady writing lists or even just code and figured out that it was the list of all supernaturals in Beacon Hills. Then, Gerard knew a lot about the Hales, the Calaveras perhaps told him about Kate, he made the tapes to lead Kate to the idea of the triskelion, and followed Kate and baby Derek to the vault. I imagine the assassins so far might all eventually be connected to hunters or whatever sort of network Braeden is a part of through which she gets her jobs. I am actually guessing Agent McCall has been putting that one together to look for a pattern. So, let's see, that took 22 minutes to type (well probably less, as I was starting to write one of my bosses popped in), so I am guessing I am disproven at 10:34 p.m. tonight.
More+
Flag
It should also probably be pointed out that Michael Hogan doesn't really have any other projects in the works right now either....
Flag
Yeah, last I saw him, he was a Congressman who was being blackmailed by Jed on the Tomorrow People. I am honestly going to really try and avoid the guest list at the beginning of the episode tonight (it has actually been helpful that the lettering is in yellow this year, it blends better than Season 3 with the white) so I don't see his name and just know what's going on before the episode begins. Of course, we only learn the Benefactor's identity tonight, we don't necessarily come face to face with him (though I wonder who else would be holding Stiles and Lydia hostage in what looks like another abandoned bank vault - poor Beacon Hills - because the two of them are so annoyingly persistent and probably really close to figuring it all out).
Flag
Fingers crossed the reveal lives up to all the hype and buildup, or at the very least doesn't feel like a cheap plot twist with zero logic behind it.
Flag
Oh and to put another pit in our stomach of the reveals tonight, if I have counted correctly, we also will be getting the answer as to what is up with Jordan Parrish (I fear that both reveals could be the same, but actually feel fine because fire is involved in the threats tonight and that might just mean my Ifrit guess is correct (or the phoenix one))
Flag
I know, but I guess I am conflicted because I was shocked when Allison died. I had narrowed down to two people and knew it was happening but I even had the thought at about ten minutes remaining...wait, maybe they totally lied to us.

Or I think it was either Michael Hogan or Eaddy Mays appeared in the guest credits and it was clearly the big reveal or the shock value of the episode and yet you were like..wait, I knew that already.

I almost feel like they have built this one so much, we might actually get a cold open reveal to the audience and spend the rest of the episode waiting for our heroes to put the pieces together and it will clearly be right there for them.
Flag
Oh man. I would DIE if it was Mrs. Argent. It would make sense for her character for her to be the Benefactor--she had an ingrained hatred of supernatural creatures, and the death of Allison could easily drive her to want to put all of them down.

But logistically it wouldn't make much sense. How would she know about Malia and Liam? And how would she be alive without being a werewolf? Unlike Kate, she would more likely commit suicide again rather than live as a supernatural.

BUT DARE TO DREAM, AMIRITE?
Flag
that would be so great!

But it's true that it would be weird. From last episode's hints I'm starting to think it's someone we don't really know but that's connected to the family story of several characters, that could lead to a major revelation of a relative connection between some of them. Lydia's definitely involved.
Flag
Yeah, I'm thinking we have either never met the Benefactor before, or it's a previously very minor character, or it's someone we wouldn't think of who is using another banshee.

I'm both excited to find out who it is (because I want to know!) and anxious about it (because I fear I'm going to be disappointed or find problems with who it is, logistically and character-motivationally).
Flag
Still kinda hoping for Deucalion.

Lydia's DAD. He had a bad relationship with her banshee-grandma (or so we've been led to believe) and the Benefactor is a dude (according to Meredith).
Flag
Just a thought but what about Lydias father?
He hasn't been seen since season 2, and he is obviously a human.
More importantly last episode Lydias mom said he didn't like his mother/Lydias grandmother who we now know was a Banshee.

Seeing as Meredith most likely somehow was related to Lydias family on her fathers side, but kept a secret, that seem to put Lydias father as a prime suspect since we don't know about anyone else alive in that family at this point.
Flag
For what its' worth, I tend to automatically / subconsciously use he and him when I'm discussing someone who's gender is unknown to me.

I try to use terms like they or them or the user to be politically correct where possible, but sometimes I slip back into old habits. Also, when I use they or them then the person I'm talking to gets confused and things I'm talking about a whole department.

This is usually when dealing with a person only over email who either has a gender-neutral name like "Alex" or "Drew" or a name from their region that I've never heard.

I mention Alex and Drew specifically because I've communicated with people with those names from both genders.
Flag
I would freaking LOVE to see mama argent return but she wont sadly
Flag
Hi, one question I've been asking myself for a while : who was /is Derek's father/ Talia's husband ? is he dead, human or wolf and why is he never ever mentioned or have I missed something?
Flag
Meredith said that The Benefactor is a man. Jeff said he is a human and has something to do with the fire, which killed the Hales. It's not Victoria or Lydia's grandma.
Flag
Scott's dad... T's more logical he wud want to protect his son n the shoe size 4 the person who stole the money fits him
Flag
and why someone that wants to be in his son's good graces again and-for-real-this-time would want to create a death pool that contains, in addition to said son, all his friends?
Flag
I think it's long overdue for the triumphant return of Mrs. Argent.

Flag
i think it is gerard argent has the benefactor is not a supernatural creature. probably hired some pro-kidnappers to get lydia's mum and danny. also since he not kill anymore but probably wants scott for himself due to alison's death.

hopefully they put a twist on the benefactor.

Flag

the banshee helping the benefactor out is really lydia!! JK
Flag
This is long, but please read, as i have a point to make. Can I just make something clear right now? LYDIA made the coded dead pool. She was writing 'English Notes' and let Malia use them, but Malia was like, these ate NOT notes... And she made the code, cos she's a banshee and predicts death, which is what the dead pool is all about. Lydia is also the one who made it a cipher, with code words, and she created the code words, and she predicted Derek's death. So it doesn't need to be common knowledge for the deaths at all. Lydia made the cipher. So when they keep say that they need a tech guy to be the Benefactor, no. Anyone can send messages to the assasins, its not hard. Its either by text (as seen with Garrett) or by some sort of messenger (as seen in 'Time of Death'). I'm not at all saying that Lydia is evil or anything, just saying that the benefactor don't need to be a tech guy. Thanks for reading that long speel aha :D
Flag
Yeah, that didn't make any sense.
Flag
No. Lidya was writing a code, which was already made by someone else. Like with drawing The Nemethon. She doesn't realize what is she doing - it's a part from her banshee skills,
Flag
maybe the benefactor is the Chemistry teacher.he was involved into fire he told kate how to do that,but i am not sure is he alive?
Flag
ok, so maybe that is a strong possibility, cause I don't remember whether they showed his dead body or not?
Flag
We did see a body, yes. However, this is Beacon Hills... nobody seems to really stay dead anymore.
Flag
He was last seen being garrotted by the Darach.
Flag
I read somewhere that it's someone who has something to do with the fire that killed the Hales. This ruined all my theories. I will show you what I think but I can't link anyone to the fire.
I suspect Danny, Gerard, the guy from Eichen House and Scott's dad. I'm pretty sure it's not Peter. But really... Scott's dad is getting very suspicious. Did you notice that he used "visual confirmation" in his report? That's not enough but he is really strange. He acts like he doesn't know anything but I'm not sure about this. jeff said that "we haven't seen everything from Danny" or something like that. Gerard IS suspicious. Like... He's Gerard. He is suspicious, isn't he? And the guy from Eichen House... I didn't really suspect him before. But now, when we know that Lydia's grandmother, who was supossed to be dead - she "died" in EICHEN HOUSE, is still alive... Also, Meredith's words...
P.S. I'm sorry if there are any mistakes.
Flag
i think Lydia's grandmother is alive and she is a banshee and she is working for the benefactor she tells him the visual confirmation.
or
there is something fishy about Parrish but i kinda don't want him to be evil :(
or
Scott's dad is kind of suspicious on the latest episodes.
Flag
Lydia's father? Don't remember ever seeing him, but didn't they make sure they said it was Lydia's pattern as l grandmother. So the banshee line would run through him?
Flag
he showed up in season 1 when they had the parent teacher conferences, her parents were separated and I guess now they're divorced... and her mom got the lake house in the divorce.
Flag
Meant paternal grandmother
Flag
Haven't Dani graduated from BHHS?
Flag
he was in the same classes as stiles and scott and the others.. no reason to have graduated before them
Flag
I have the feeling that the reference to the Hale fire is kind of a red herring. In the sense: for sure that it's someone related to the Hale fire, but it could be that some character that has been already introduced has a connection to the Hale fire that is not known by the audience.
So, this piece of info does not rule out automatically several candidates just because they do not have a known link to the Hale house.

I'd be kind of disappointed if it's Gerard (coming back from the dead AGAIN!) or some character we haven't seen yet. But it could be that the Benefactor links several characters that we haven't seen but that lurk in the background like Lydia's granma.
Flag
Gerard never died. He was dying of cancer. Derek's bite made him start oozing black goo. The last we saw him was in the nursing home still oozing the black goo.
Flag
From the dead in a storyline sense... they already resurrected him once between season 2 and 3 to create the surprise, will they dare to do the same again? Somehow I don't believe it.
Flag
+1 agree
Flag
What if it's Jackson? I wish.
Flag
I'd suggest another name:

The deputy. Not Parrish, the other one. The one that tasered young Derek.

He was in the Hale house to pick up young Derek and didn't want him to snoop around.

Scott's dad as part of his report entered the words "visual confirmation" that the Benefactor used, so maybe it's a law enforcement thing?

He also has a decent motive - last season, Niles blew up the police station. It's possibly he fed up of supernaturals killing them one by one (season before that, Jennifer killed a cop)

Flag
That's an interesting theory, but it has been said it has something to do with the Hale fire and someone from season 1, I don't remember seeing him in season 1.
Flag
I'm addicted to spolier type info, and all I've seen is that it is connected to the Hale house fire from Season 1. Not that the person was on Season 1.
Flag
I don't follow all the spoilers

But I'm not even sure if we did see him in season 1 or not (maybe he was in the background or something?)
Flag
I'm far out in left field, but I'm kinda thinking it's Mr Argent. I mean he's pretty much got no one, he could be harboring some pretty awful resentment against the gang, and he has the know how to be the Benefactor. Plus there's that creepy scene where the Mexican werewolf slayer make him repeat the mantra about only killing those that kill.
Flag
Then how did they "chat" in the last episode?
Flag
How come no one is suggesting Scotts dad? They just showed in last episode how he uses tape recorders, and being a cop he is at the scene of every death (visual conformation).. I'm interested in finding out, but I'll stick to my guns about him. OR Lydia's mom... she could also be a banshee and be the benefactor. Because I still haven't quite figured out why just now was a good time to make Lydia's mom a main character... Hmmm (interesting)
Flag
It's the exact opposite... If he is in every death scene and has visual confirmation there's no need to require it from the assassins...

It's also unlikely that any of the parents would put their own kid in the death pool
Flag
How about Jackson's biological father; we know Jackson played in the Hale house as a kid (he once told Derek so); so maybe his father is a non-werewolf Hale; he would have knowledge of the vault but would not be able to access it.
Flag
the mexican lady!!!???? "we hunt those who hunt us"
Flag
Characters we've known from the first season who are not already on the list:
  • Lydia's parents
  • Jackson's foster parents
  • Coach
  • Mrs. Argent
  • Deaton
  • Lydia (she's had fugues before, although that would be too similar to Nogitsune Stiles)

Flag
I don't think it is necessarily a character you've seen in the 1st season.

You forgot Danny
Flag
Parish was somehow burnt in the Hale fire, (either he is a hale or was there with Kate to set the fire) died and was reborn as he is a phoenix. Now he's out for revenge and put himself on the deadpool to distract attention away from him and because he knows he can't be killed. Or... Lydia is the benefactor since JD said this is a Lydia season yet she's barely been in it. Also the names that broke the code were people that she cared about when lets be serious... no one else cared about Aiden and because she's a Banshee she has all the up to date information. Maybe she's not in control of it like that stuff with Peter, maybe it's her and Peter... okay I don't know.
Flag
Although I sort of like the idea of Parrish in the Hale fire, I think the only way it could be done is if the phoenix is totally reborn in body and mind so that it doesn't look like its former self or have memories. Or else would derek and peter recongnize him.

Although it would piss me off, thats a very good point about why he would be on the list, if he knew he were going to come back anyways. But why leave Peter off the list.
Flag
Lydia? No way.
I don't think The Benefactor put his name on the list. The assasins don't know who pays them, so it's too dangerous to do it just to distract attention.
Flag
Really? I didn't know Lydia had a thing for Derek... The third name.
Flag
Phoenixes only take human form in Marvel comics. All of the human-ish monsters we've seen so far can appear as humans in the source folklore, so why change that now? Berserkers are immune to fire and weapons (that'd be great for a bomb tech in Iraq), and there are many Norse stories of berserkers who are gentle and even sweet around their friends and families when they're not in a rage.
Although that doesn't explain his apparent, arguably supernatural ability to calm others using his voice (puky kid holding a bomb last season, Meredith in the middle of a meltdown, and the jerky Eichen House orderly). He could just be a really nice guy, though.
Flag
There was also a human phoenix in Supernatural and in Charmed

It's not unheard of in supernatural tv shows.
Flag
Lydia's father.
Flag
I think after last nights episode the orderly at eichen house has to be given a little more consideration. I'm not sure we are going to find out why Peter isn't on it until the end.
Flag
Considering all the characters constantly comment on Peter being lacking from the list, it's going to be a part of something for sure.

Either we'll find out why (Peter works with him to an extent) or that they'll use this fact to trick the benefactor (He won't expect him - or something)
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members