A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
Derek's story at the start of 3b has been a big mystery that wasn't touched upon, while Scott and his pack were dealing closing their doors and finding Malia before the evil fox spirit jump stared the plot. Derek finally rejoined the cast the story was dropped pretty fast in favor of figuring out what the Oni were, turned to find what they were looking for, and stopping an evil spirit that was controlling Stiles. It was a bit annoying for 3 or 4 episodes not getting any information on what Derek and Peter were up to or why they were captured by a different Hunter family. I forgot about it after Derek got his mom's claws and we had to deal with evil Stiles.

The show forgot about them too along with Malia but they had minor roles or mentions a bit in season 3b. One hunter bailed Argent out and tried to get him back to the old ways. Ethan and Aiden being shot at last week was probably related to these group of hunters. I wasn't sure how these hunters would play a role in the season, since the focus was on nogitsune. After the finale it is safe to say the story is going play out in season 4. True to Teen Wolf fashion the ending of the finale was shocking, but answered a few questions about these new hunters, namely who the she-wolf they've been hunting. Unsurprisingly the she-wolf was not Cora, but more surprisingly was Kate Argent is back from the dead, but is a werewolf thanks to Peter slitting her throat when he was an alpha. Like Derek I was shocked as hell as well. Sadistic, genocidal, Kate Argent is the she-wolf these new hunters have been hunting and she's back in Beacon Hills just after her niece's death.

They brought back Peter in season 2, but never thought Kate would be revived or she would be a werewolf. So many questions are bouncing around my head. How long has Kate be back? What did she do to these hunters to antagonist them to the point of stepping on the Argents' turf to question Derek about it? Is Kate still their enemy? Did she come back to get revenge on Peter for killing her and if so what will mean for Malia, Peter's long lost daughter, who is learning from Scott on how to change? What are Chris and Gerard going to do when they found out about Kate? Her eyes looked a different from blue or yellow. Were they green eyes or was I seeing things? I love to hear other people's opinion on what these hunters and their she-wolf could mean for season 4,
Comments (57)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Apr 04, 2014
Jill, the actress who plays Kate Argent, has said only days ago that she's moving to Italy, and will, therefore, be leaving TW. I wonder what they'll do with her character then, considering she was obviously going to be important in season 4.
Flag
Mar 30, 2014
I have been out of the country for a while so I just finished the last three episodes and haven't read much on spoilers for next season, so I don't know if there has been an official thing about Kate for sure being a were-jaguar or something.
But... what it looked like to me as far as Kate is concerned, is that she was turned into a werewolf by Peters claws ripping out her throat. Based on the flashback and the unsure way in which Chris said "maybe someone can turn from a scratch" tells me that it probably doesn't happen often, if it has ever happened at all. Furthermore, Kate was dead, the kanima stole her liver, and now she is back with green eyes and a blueish looking tint. To me she looks almost zombie-ish in a sense. And since eye colour is so important and signifies different things maybe green eyes just means something else.
As far as Peter and Malia and all this I'm still not a 100% convinced she is his kid. And even if she is the fact she is a were-coyote instead of a werewolf could simply be because of her psychology when she turned. As it was kinda mentioned that personality impacts what shape you take. Furthermore, it was mentioned that not everyone in the Hale family was a shifter, cause Chris said there were humans in the house when it burnt down. So I don't know how the genetics of the shifters works and we will all have to wait for things to be revealed.

I do look forward to seeing Kate. I thought they killed her off to early back in season one and I never dreamed they would bring her back. Though I hear there won't be a Derek/Kate fling I'm interested in their interactions to come, and what her motivations will be towards Derek and everyone else.
More+
Flag
Mar 30, 2014
Sorry to say but she can't be a werejaguar, because according to south American mythology a were jaguar is canema wich is what Jackson was before he turned into a wolf and left the show, he turned into a canema because one of the wolf genes mutated and thus turned him to canema then when Lydia said she loves him it mutated back. But chances are the gene has mutated in Kate argent but into a different form.
Flag
May 03, 2014
there are two kinds of kanima, from what i've read online about south american myth. there are reptilian kanimas, and spiritual kanimas. reptilian would be the type that jackson is, and kate would be the spiritual kind, which takes the form of a jaguar. jill wagner even said on twitter that she's a werejaguar.
Flag
Mar 29, 2014
My guess is that Kate turned, and considering her natural psychopathic viciousness, she turned into a werejaguar. So, she goes off to South America to hook up with some other werejaguars, maybe find their version of an Alpha, and then runs foul of Hunters. They realize an Argent is now a were, and try and take her out. So she goes back home, and they follow her, catch Derek and Peter, and there we're at the season 3b opening.

I'm really hoping to see some quality time with Peter, and hope he doesn't kill too many innocents before Kate rips his head off. Unless she decides to hook up with him, in which case, freaky times will ensue.
Flag
Mar 26, 2014
I've said it on another post before but i really believe it.

After season 2 i became convinced that everything Kate did was because Gerrard told her.
In season 1 finale she says she did everything that she was told to do and i'm guessing by Gerrard plus we see how he messed with Allison's head and how bloodthirsty he is.

It's kind of a bummer to think he will be relevant in the season 4 plot cause i hate him. The only good thing may be that by the end of season 4 he may get what he deserves after all the f**ked up shit he did, need i remind you that he started a war with the werewolves that resulted in Jennifer's vengeance?!
In my head season 3b was basically his fault.
Flag
Mar 29, 2014
I hope he dies a gruesome death!
Flag
Mar 27, 2014
in my opinion all of the events thus far can be leaded back to him as the root cause of all the trouble. i would be surprise if he had plans himself for the nematon.
Flag
Mar 26, 2014
I can't wait to see Derek in a more active role and have the focus back on his story. I love Derek always have so yehhh. I'm glad Kate's back, I didn't expect it and just about fell off my couch when she popped up out the smoke and was all HELLO DEREK I'm a all new kind of monster haaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
I'm a tad confused about the shifter-mythos in Teen Wolf.
Peter Hale, a werewolf, apparently fathered a were-coyote. Since we don't know anything about Malia's family history except for the fact that her mother was killed in an ordinary car crash and so probably wasn't a shifter, it's impossible to say if her abilities are all inherited from Peter or if something else "interfered".

Kate Argent, who was clawed up by Peter Hale, appeared dead enough that sheriff Stilinski bought it when he found her "body" in the old Hale house.
Now, she's apparently a were-jaguar or panther or some such, rather than a wolf - at least she didn't LOOK very wolfy, with her green eyes and stripey blue face...
How did that happen? Did Peter's claws cause this?
Is it something weird with Peter Hale in particular, since he appears to be the "creator" of all manners of different shifters?
Or is there something more involved in this? Did Kate just survive (somehow) and get bitten by a werecat down in South America? Perhaps while planning for the Hale's downfall?
But then - why would the hunters call her "the She-WOLF"?
Meh iz confuzed. So confuzed.
Flag
Mar 27, 2014
The way I understand it, is that as soon as your are infected with the Lycanthropy, you begin an integral struggle: You vs The Wolf.

If you and the wolf can come to terms, you'll become a werewolf.
If you can't and overpower the wolf, you will become something that reflects you. That is why Jackson was turned into the Kenema rather than a werewolf. And once he resolved some of his issues, the wolf managed to take over and he became a werewolf.

That's as far as Kate goes.

As for Malia, well we need a bit more info. Remember that Talia blocked that from Peter's memories. So we know for a fact something *else* happened there.
It could be something non supernatural (maybe the breeding wasn't consensual) or maybe Peter did some mystical evil genius experiment? Who knows.

Remember that this show also mentions the notion of "jump starting" supernatural creatures. Peter woke Lydia up and Kira woke up the Nogitsune.
So it's possible Peter (or someone) did something to Malaia.

Flag
Mar 26, 2014
Being bitten by a werewolf doesn't automatically make you become a werewolf. Deaton said during season 2 that werewolves are basically shape-shifters and that some people shift into the animal that best represents their inner-self. That's why Jackson became a Kanima instead of a werewolf at first. So my guess is that's what happened with Malia and Kate.... However the coyote is still in the wolf family so it's not that big of a stretch with Peter being her dad/a werewolf. I have nothing for why Kate's a panther... except for the fact that she's super dark, an extreme predator, and has major evil eyes. I can definitely see a panther being her "spirit-animal".
Flag
Mar 26, 2014
The claw scratch could have sparked something new from Kate like how it awakened Lydia's banshee powers. That would only raise more questions, like what was in the Argent bloodline that would awaken by an alpha's claws? The season ended by giving us more questions to ponder over the 3 month break. I remembered they buried Kate and had a funeral for her in season 2. Is it connected by the oak tree being revived like how nogitsine was awakened or did Peter's resurrection ritual accidently bring back Kate as well?
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
I think Kate is just another in a long line of mythical creatures the show is gonna explore in season 4. We already know Berzerkers are gonna be popping up, along with Malia and her werecoyote state. I think some of the new cast members will inevitably be something more then human. I'm excited to see what this show is gonna come up with next after the loss of Allison, Ethan, Aiden & now Issac. Although they all will be missed!
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
how many werecreatures are we going to explore on this show?

we already have a coyote, wolf and now apparently a jaguar whats next gorilla, hyena, board..maybe tiger?

Flag
Mar 29, 2014
I was just wondering that, myself.
Flag
Mar 27, 2014
I don't mind them spreading around but shouldn't they just focus on the main creature first?

I mean we keep hearing up wolves getting more and more weird powers every season (Resurrection? Talking to dead claws? Psychic manipulation?) not to mention the loads of different wolves we see with totally different powers with no explanation (why is DEMON WOLF immune to magic? How did Wolftron come to be?)

So there's plenty of stuff to talk about as it is.

I'm not even getting into Banshees or Druids who were around from day 1 and we still barely know anything about them.
Flag
Mar 27, 2014
I would love to see a bouda (were-hyena) on this show, especially since it's really good about obscure creatures.
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
I'm fine with a another were. At least they are keeping their promise and avoiding vampires altogether. It might possibly be part of another culture mythology.
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
sorry that should be boar
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
The actress playing Kate has identified herself as a Werejaguar - which connects to the South American Hunters.
I'm really getting why the Hunters cut their prey in half.
And yes, she has green eyes rather than gold/blue/red eyes. I've noticed that Deputy Parrish also has green eyes. I wonder whether he is also a cat shifter.

Flag
Mar 25, 2014
I didn't know that. Does that mean she's not the she-wolf and her transformation was caused by Peter like the Divine Move suggested? Or is this like Jackson where an alpha's claws sparked a totally different tranformation based on personal drama?
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
I lean toward something like the personal drama a la Jackson front (also I think that would be the manipulative front she approaches Malia with, that she is a coyote in a wolf pack when she could be more independent in a pride...you know once Kate figures out that Malia is/or is likely Peter's daughter).
Flag
Mar 26, 2014
We wolves, foxes, a coyote, and now a cat in the mix. I could see Peter giving up Malia to Kate to try to appease her to save his own skin than use Scott and Derek to protect her, while watching from the sidelines. I wonder how Alison's death might effect Kate's actions.
Flag
Mar 27, 2014
I'm more interested to know what Peter would do when he finds out Stiles did his daughter ;)
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
I thought she said werepanther.

I thought we would be getting answers on Deputy Parrish, but as healing is a were ability, I think he is more along the line of the type of supernatural Lydia is.
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
If it is were panther that reminds me if Disney's Gargoyles were they had were panthers created by giant spider that was supposed to be based of African lore. I can't remember if forklore was based off a real one or how much it was modified for the show, but maybe that mythology will enter the show.
Flag
Mar 27, 2014
I'm thinking more south american because the show keeps coming back there. The Kenema is a south american lore.

Cora was specifically mentioned as going there and the hunters seem to be from there as well.

Also, I hope it doesn't sound too racist or anything, but considering the main character is (at least partially) Latino, I'm guessing that's not a coincidence and they'll tie it up to his past (or family tree) somehow.
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
I stuck with South and Central American lore, just because of the areas of origin of the hunters who appear to have been chasing her. I was in the werepanther or other were feline family and the only other option I was coming up with in putting her personality characteristics in too was the Kanima, but she clearly is a were of some sort and not subservient to anyone.
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
Kate being back only spells one thing in my book... T R O U B L E!! (yes people in al caps because that's how much of a pain in the A she's going to be...

Don't know what this will mean for the development of the Lydia-Banshee storyline but i'm guessing it'll be good..

I would love to see Kate go after Peter tho... little cat and mouse game (or should i say wolf and ?bear?? game)... but knowing Peter.. he will run like a bat out of hell and leave the rest to clean up his mess
Flag
Mar 27, 2014
I'd be happy if anything happens with Peter. The 3a final was a huge disappointment as nothing happened with it.
Flag
Mar 25, 2014
It wasn't the new hunters who set the twins last week - it was Kate. Remember how Chris Argent was looking at that shotgun shell and said " It can't be"? He recognized the shell as being Kate's design. It's the only thing that makes sense for that little scene. As for Kate, who knows WHAT'S up there - not only does she have green eyes, but she's got what looks like blue skin with what appears to be a dark pattern on it.

Given how how she greeted Derek with a shotgun blast to the chest, I don't think she's going to be much of an ally - and who knows? Maybe she'll be bad enough that the old-school hunters will discover they have to work with Argent, Derek and Scott's pack to take her down.

i did find it a bit odd initially when they had the Malia and Derek/Peter kidnapping stories start up and then just disappear, but once I saw that they were dribbling little other bits that weren't being followed up on immediately, I realized that they were playng a long game - setting up season 4 with the first 2 episodes of season 3b - and it made me pay a LOT more attention to anything that seemed intended to prick my curiosity.

Really well done all around, I'd say :D
More+
Flag
Mar 26, 2014
I missed that. Good call. Kate was hunting the twins down. She's still a hunter and being hunted. That is a neat twist. I get the sense that Derek is going to getting a lot of sh#t from Kate next season. I suppose we'll see Peter hiding behind Derek and Scott as well.
Flag
Mar 27, 2014
Well, it's possible she's really after Scott and she's just lowering his allies to make him easier to capture.

If she is working with Gerard (it's just a hunch at this point), then it makes sense he will go after the Alpha again to try and officially become a werewolf and end his condition.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members