A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

The episode is called "The Overlooked" I am going to guess this means Peter. First, he shows up more in the previews for the episode than he even did when he was narrating part of Episode 8. And I think it is actually a good way all the characters and to a certain extent us have been sort of treating him. Like we all find him funny and ultimately don't trust him, but even when you listed him on suspects lists at the Darach it kind of petered out. Heck, it has even been awhile since I have heard the theory he wants to be part of the Alpha pack himself thing. But I am going to guess that the fact that the Alpha Pack has totally ignored Peter this whole time is an oversight that they may regret, especially once Peter and Scott are fighting together because the Alphas will have a bit of an, oh crap, why do these two fight together so well (I have this theory that the Alphas all kind of think that Derek was still the first season Alpha who bit Scott). But, I think Peter will have a brief hero moment where he manages to get Cora, the Sheriff and Melissa out of the clutches of the bad guys while the others distract the Alphas and then try and escape letting them at the Darach (I am not going to call her Jennifer anymore)

Comments (8)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I can see where you're coming from on Peter and I agree (though I haven't seen the promo yet), but it might not only refer to him. Many of the episode titles have multiple meanings when looked at in hindsight: Visionary being the most obvious - Deucalion's sight was taken, the episode was told in flashbacks, the reveal about the eye colour.

I mean, there are a few other people who may have been overlooked in this whole thing. The alpha pack's been concentrating their interest on Lydia and Danny, living above the Argents, but they haven't gone near Stiles as far as I remember. Not that I want anything to happen to Stiles, but... he has been a bit overlooked.

Also, there's the possible story about how Cora escaped from the fire. She was young at the time and the fact that Derek and Laura didn't notice that she wasn't among the dead. That's another form of being overlooked. And so far in this season a lot about her has been overlooked in favour of the other storylines.

And then there's the possibility that it refers to something that actually happens in the video. Scott's so busy saving other people that his mother gets taken, or they're all so busy doing one thing that they're going to miss something else major.

Back to your major point, I am interested in what exactly the alpha pack knows. It seems pretty positive that when they wiped Isaac's memories they took them as well. We don't know what Isaac saw of Peter over the summer but given that Peter was still 'recovering' at the beginning of the series (I say recovering, but I'm thinking that's a convenient excuse for not being too visible to the alpha pack) of the season, I think it's probably likely that Isaac's never seen him do anything impressive, strong or particularly Peter-like. If all the alpha pack does have is a beta who Derek killed and then stood in the background snarking a lot or finding things on his computer, then they might not take him as a serious threat.

I also imagine that they must have known Peter in some way as a member of Talia's pack, given what we saw in visionary. Maybe they're basing their view of him on that Peter.

But even if they do know only that much, one of the things they do know is that he raised himself from the dead. If I had an enemy who could do that, I'd want to keep an eye on him. Is that ritual common knowledge to them, or have they assumed that Peter faked his own death?

I kind of want Derek and Peter to have had a plan behind the scenes (or maybe just Peter on his own) that they (or he) didn't tell Isaac about because it was very much need to know and Derek didn't want to put Isaac in danger (or Peter just doesn't tell anyone anything), and all this time they've been far more intelligent than we've given them credit for.

I would love it so much if Derek had a plan that wasn't just 'fight to the death, rip her throat out with my teeth'. He obviously has a brain, I wish we'd get to see him use it a bit more.

More+
Flag
I actually have doubts that Peter's death or subsequent resurrection really actually got beyond our main characters and, possibly, the only adult who knows is clearly is Deaton. I mean, from everything time wise I could tell is that he was only dead for like a month (there did seem to be a winter break in the first season, then the winter formal would have to be in January or February and then Peter rose in March on Lydia's birthday, making the only mysterious thing about him is his leaving the hospital without anyone seeing him even though he was in a vegetative state and then being upright and walking around about two to three months after he went missing.
Flag
Yeah, but Scott's introduction of him to Isaac in the S2 finale was 'and then Derek ripped his throat out' or something like that. If the alphas have that information it seems pretty likely that they'd suspect him of at least some ability to scheme. And given that one of the most common ways to become an alpha is to kill an alpha, they might have worked out that Peter was the alpha Derek took his power from. Either that or Peter faked his death and was Derek's beta... or an omega... Or Derek ripped his throat out but didn't kill him.

I'm guessing that since we have no evidence of Laura building a pack, that she escaped their notice. Or maybe it was because she and Derek moved away, these alphas all seem fairly local, again going by Visionary, so I don't know how much they know about her. Maybe they do think that Derek escaped the fire and inherited the alphadom from Talia that night. Maybe they don't know that Laura survived at all.

Miss Morrell is their emissary, though. How much does she know? I imagine she'd know something about the resurrection, she certainly knew about Lydia getting the bite and going all cuckoo.

We're assuming that Cora found out about it all from Derek, although we're never shown.
More +
Flag
I guess, its just that the memories all seem so fuzzy when they steal them (though the ones from Boyd to Derek seemed clear). I don't know the titles all seem to have multiple meanings and Peter seemed the one that was disregarded the most by most everyone and it would seem to me he is likely healed by now and you have to think a strong beta fighting with his sire if not his Alpha are a strong enough force to take on the twins in their voltron form. I remember Jeff Davis gave us key words for like the first eight episodes, but I don't think he did anymore. Heck, a cliff heretofore not seen could be important.
Flag
Oh, I didn't mean that Peter's not the one, I was mostly just thinking while typing. I do that a lot in this community. Half the time I don't even know what I'm thinking until I type it out. It tends to mean I ramble a bit, though.

Not sure what you mean by a cliff heretofore not seen... ~^??
Flag
I think they know that Derek wasn't the Alpha that bit Scott, but being that they stole memories from Isaac they probably think that Scott's alpha left or is dead. What I would love to see is Peter become an Alpha again because he took the best shape ever. I'm pretty sure that the Alphas have no clue about his shape because Isaac wasn't around back then. I'm so happy that he's fighting next week though.
Flag
Yeah, I've always wondered, even if they have Isaac's memories they probably aren't totally complete and maybe only include Scott's brief introduction to Peter there at the end and then they were all about finding the Alpha pack and Boyd and Cora (I don't know how long Isaac was also held prisoner). Other than Derek declaring they were going to leave Scott out of this, he probably didn't come up much. Peter, despite his total narcissism, doesn't really talk about himself too much - heck, he and Isaac didn't develop any kind of relationship. So, then I wondered about how outsiders viewed the whole first two seasons, like, Gerard certainly seemed to blame Derek directly for Kate's death (and even though we know about his real reasons for wanting to see Derek, vengeance had to be up there otherwise I don't think he could control the Kanima). And heck, the first half of the first season, Scott thought Derek was the Alpha. Peter Hale was a patient in the hospital during all of the first season, then he disappeared for awhile and reappeared like four months later, but he was a patient when Scott was bit and Derek was the only other werewolf around and only Chris, Alison, Jackson, Scott and Stiles knew about Peter, then Derek is, in fact, the Alpha. Then the AP show up...so I wonder if they thought maybe Derek is the Alpha, killed his sister, bit Scott, rehabbed his uncle somehow. And then I wonder if there is any connection between Scott and Peter just because he technically maybe not Scott's Alpha, he is Scott's sire. You'd think there would be some ability to share strength together. Sorry for the run ons.
More +
Flag
The sire thing is possible because as an Alpha Peter was able to force Scott to shift. I just hate that Ennis is dead. I feel like the writers wasted his death in a way it would have been preferred if Peter had killed him then he could resume his Alpha form, but hey maybe he'll kill Aiden. Outside of being a foil to his brother he has no use. Then they could form their own version of an Alpha Pack with Peter at the helm. Let Isaac kill Kali and Scott can kill Deucalion if he pleases.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members