We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television

I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm genuinely curious about why people feel the way they feel and I actually like when people share their opinions. I almost hated Allison for awhile, myself, but I thought that she redeemed herself. Since she's the leader, by far, in the poll of characters we want to die, I'm truly interested in knowing why some people just can't stand Allison.

poll
Comments (93)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Crystal was ok for a 29yo high school student
Flag
I never cared for her character. But then, I'm also not so fond of Scott. I find them both boring to watch, especially when they are together. They are two of the least interesting actors in the show. From the moment I started watching, I just loved Stiles and his Dad. It took a while to get into Lydia's character, but she's one of my favorites now. There's just something their eyes, I think. I warmed up to Allison in 3A a bit, but in those first two seasons, I really hated the character development. I think the producers mentioned that her story line was rushed in the second season. I just didn't buy that she would be more influenced by Gerard, who she hadn't seen since she was 3yo, than by her own father, even with her mother's death.

I also kind of think that as an actress, she was being side-lined. She's got second billing in the title sequence, but her character isn't as important to the show as Stiles. Jeff Davis has said that the real relationship driving the show was Scott and Stiles' friendship and that seemed obvious from the get go. Maybe their intention was to have her as a lead, but they've also said that the write for the actors and have significantly changed the show based on the performances--especially with Dylan O'Brien and Holland Roden's characters. I saw somewhere that the Sheriff wasn't supposed to be featured as much, but once they saw the dynamic between the actors, they started writing more scenes between the two.
More+
Flag
Now look what the haters did! :O
I never really disliked Alison (not counting the few episodes in which she wasn't listening to anyone and trying to kill Derek), though her storyline was kinda boring this season, until this final episode I suppose...
Flag
Maybe it's because I watched seasons 1, 2, and 3A without a break and in a whirlwind marathon, but I never understood any hate for Allison. Her actions were reactions to the things happening to her/around her, and she came out on top for me every time. Maybe it's because they really DID under use her this season (I guess maybe knowing she wanted to/would be leaving).
Flag
Allison x died its doesn't make sense n Now i hate dis serial.
Flag
Aw, I actually really like her. I think she was sweet and she really came about in terms of her own character development. I especially loved her relationship with her father and she wasn't petty when Scott started dating Kira and she started liking Isaac. *sobs*
Flag
I can so for me its not that I want her to die its just better her then stiles
Flag
She's not great but she is SOOOOO much better than Elena from The Vampire Diaries and Sookie from True Blood. She was pretty bad in season 2 but I think they'd done well with her character in season 3.
Flag
I agree with your assessment 100%.I think she should be resurrected, after all we have seen dead people come back in TW already.
Flag
Oh god don't remind me...

Flag
So she died?! Thanks, thanks a lot!
Flag
sorry. :(
Flag
Haha no worries, I was devastated either way lol
Flag
I dislike that she isn't with Scott anymore but I don't hate her. I agree that she is underused a lot there was one episode where everybody was running around cuz of danger and Nobody could get Allison: she was asleep. For the most I think its cuz they moved away from the Hunter arcs of season 1 and 2 a good thing in a way so we don't get too fed up with crazy hunters for the entire series. Hopefully we'll move back to her after the Nogitsune is done.
Flag
I enjoyed reading everyone's comments. I must say that I agree with all of you who said Allison is underused. She hasn't done much during season 3, especially 3b. When she received those voicemails on her phone, I was hoping that meant her character was about to see some action yet still nothing has happened. I think she has a lot of potential as a character.
Flag
That whip disarm thing she did was pretty badass
Flag
personally I don't think that so many people hate her, but more probably it is just that haters are usually very noisy LOL
Flag
Yep, that's usually it.
Flag
I actually quite like Alison. She is tough, smart and has some pretty bad-ass fighting skills. Or at least she used to. These days she seems more of a screen filler.
She has the potential to be a great character, as we have seen in previous seasons. But this season she is simply underused and downgrated to B plotlines and third or fourth side kick.
Which is a shame, because I think she and Isaac could be a real powercouple and she is cool enough to be a major player in this show.
The way the writers seems to be ingoring her, I really couldn't care less if they killed her off.
So I say: bring back the old Alison!!
Flag
she is hot . she is not dying
Flag
she is now ;/
Flag
also..ask yourself this: what happened to her having to regain her friends trust like both her and jeff said she would
Flag
She doesn't really do much that's why. In terms of usefulness and meaning to the show she's way down there

they had a good opportunity to build a storyline for her this season involving the death of her mother and maybe exploring that a little more but instead she's been nothing but a love interest for Isaac.

scott, Lydia, stiles, Derek, peter, the sheriff, mrs. mcall, kira, deaton ..hell even the twins are all more important and relevant right now
Flag
I'm indifferent to her... She doesn't have much personality and she hasn't been all that relevant in a while.
i just can't see why Scott & now Isaac seem to think she's all that, I mean, sure she's beautiful, but the blandness kinda wrecks that, no?
I can take her or leave her.

That said, that's just my opinion of her, those that vote for her to be the one to die could be doing it not because they hate her, but because her ties to the wolves & the hunters will make her death resonate more with the surviving characters. I for one hate when a show bases all their promos on a "huge death" and then they only kill a secondary character that we barely know or care about.
Flag
I think we might mistake people's willingness to see her be the character that dies with people disliking her/hating her. I personally think it's just that her character hasn't really brought much to the show since Season 1 really. She was active in Season 2, but more as a plot devise for both Scott and Gerard. In season 3A she wasn't very relevant and only became kind of important when her dad was in danger. Truthfully, in 3B it seems like she's only around as a means to include Mr. Argent into the story (who is always awesome and useful) or to flirt with Issac. When you rank important characters she falls pretty low on the list making her the most dispensable. If someone has to die you want it to be someone you're not going to miss. There have been several episodes where she was only in the beginning or not in at all and I barely noticed.... That's not good if you're suppose to be one of the main characters.

I don't hate or love her character.... I just don't care about her. Which in the world of television is worse than if I did hate her. At least with characters you hate you are still invested in what they're doing (*cough*Peter*cough*)
More+
Flag
So that explains why she has way more votes than Peter lol
Flag
I don't dislike her but I'm not a fan neither. I don't find a character very interesting.
Flag
I kinda feel indifferent towards her. I'm glad they didn't put her in a love triangle with Isaac and Scott.
Flag
I was dreading a love triangle...seen that way too many times on television.
Flag
I think that she was just so truly awful in season 2 that now I have little if any interest in her as a character. She kind of bores me, I don't know why? I assume it has something to do my intense loathing for Gerard and she was just so awful towards the end of season 2.

Question, did she know that Stiles was in the basement?
Flag
I don't hate Allison, I don't even really dislike her (in fact, seeing her new hairstyle in 3A, I found her WAY more attractive than ever) but it just feels like the writers don't care enough to make her interest to most of us. Almost like she has just been a sort of segway for Scott into the big wide world of hunters and all the things they hunt around the world. If anything, I'm more interested to see how much progression Argent will get if Allison is gone and he doesn't have a woman in his family to make the tough decisions for him.
Flag
She's uninteresting and she has no direction as a character anymore. Season 3 she's been so distant from the main plot. 3a had her growing relationship with Isaac, which liked. I liked them as friends, but I can't deny that she and Isaac were involved, but not as much as the other characters with dark druid storyline and Alpha pack storyline. Or I should say not as much as the other characters, like Lydia, Scott, Stiles, and Derek. 3b she's connected to dark kitsune storyline, but again she feels loosely connected to it at best. I'm on fence of her romance with Isaac. Some episodes I liked it and other episodes I felt like it was going nowhere.

I do like her working with her dad and learning the tricks of their trade, but her being tied to Isaac keeps her from contributing much to the plot and her development is to tied to Isaac. Isaac suffers the same thing. Part me of feels conflicted. I like their growing relationship in the first part of season 3, but not so much the second half. The bad part is compared to Scott, Stiles, and Derek that I'm not connected to Alison and maybe it is what Pleaseusegoogle said about her not being that relatable. I liked her season 1, but wasn't a fan of season 2. Part of the reason was her and Scott's romance dominated both characters that it got hard to watch half way through season 2. I felt fine with the breakup in season 2. I fine they grew apart and got over it for the most part. It was the right step for both characters to evolve in the long run. Unlike Scott they haven't found a storylines that evolves the character in a way that I'm invested in.

I voted for Peter on the main characters since season 1, but after him I probably would vote Alison. At best her death while sad would ultimately not cost the show much at all. It would probably move Lydia and Isaac's characters on. I don't dislike or hate Alison just indifferent. Werewolf hunter or supernatural hunter is more tied into Chris' story and is more rewarding in watching him try to change the Argent family since he's been a hunter his whole life as oppose to Alison's because she barely got into before the shift.
More+
Flag
You and Pleaseusegoogle have made some very good points. I don't feel connected to her, either. I actually liked her a lot during season 1 and the first part of season 2 but then she was basically a villain (thanks to Gerard). And while I feel she's redeemed herself, I'm no longer that interested in her character. It's like they are struggling to find things for her character to do. I don't hate her. I'd actually like to see her be used better.
Flag
I honestly don't get the hatred for Allison, I find it next to impossible to feel any truly strong emotions about her. She has grown a lot as a person since the beginning of the show, and has proven to be a formidable woman. On the other hand, she most definitely turned a bit to the dark side at the end of season 2, and her relationship with Isaac never really interested me at all.

So why don't I feel any strong emotions about this character? It could be she is very un-relatable. New rich girl in town, very pretty, instantly falls in with the popular crowd, and gets a star athlete as a boyfriend in about a month. That is 4 strikes against most high schoolers, in terms of likability. Until episode 10, she knows nothing about her family's secret activities, and it's difficult to feel anything but pity and slight disdain for her. She is lied to by everyone she cares about, and seems willingly ignorant to the world around her. This first impression probably sticks with some people, I know it sticks with me.

In all honesty Allison was a plot device more than anything for the first few episodes. We needed a psychological reason to fear the hunters beyond the obvious physical reason.

I am probably over thinking this, maybe people just don't like the way she treated Scott.
More+
Flag
It's not so much that I dislike her, it's that there isn't much about her that I like---and that any time she's on camera, is time that someone else I'd rather be watching isn't.
Flag
I'm not Allison's biggest fan. For the first season she was...okay...I really didn't care much for her even though she was the main love interest, I hated her a little bit for the last part of season 2 even though I understood why she went all crazy with the werewolf hunting. Although I do think she's been redeeming herself, quite frankly, I'm a little bored of her. This whole storyline with Isaac that she has seems almost like a last resort to keep her interesting. It's not working, for me at least.

So yeah, if I had to pick one of the main 5 characters to die? I'd definitely pick Allison. I just feel like now that she's not with Scott, and despite being the "leader" of the Argent Family of hunters...she's sort of just there without much of a reason.
Flag
I see your point. I'm not feeling the romance with Isaac, either. She needs a lot more to do...
Flag
she teh hawtness.

so love her :P

nothin else matters
Flag
Allison is by far the best character on this show.

Her brother and aunt or whatever died. She had the right to go after the werewolves.

After the nonsense of the last episode -- which I only know about because of Price's review --, I'm currently abandoning this show. Scott and Kira are both stupid and completely ignored the mass danger Evil Stiles is. And then they save Stiles and the evil spirit is now more dangerous and took their banshee.
Flag
That's like saying "A circus clown killed my family, now I can rightfully kill all circus clowns."

I would also like to point out that killing Rhys (the original body possessed by the nogitsune called down by Noshiko Yukimura) didn't actually kill the nogitsune, obviously. He escaped as a fly, imprisoned in a Mason jar, and buried underneath a magical tree. Killing Stiles while possessed by the nogitsune wouldn't likely produce any different results. The best they could hope for would be containing him again.

Look, if you're not enjoying Teen Wolf, by all means, stop watching, but if it's only because you espouse a "kill first, see if it works *cross your fingers*" approach to bad situations, I'm glad you're not.
Flag
First off, most werewolves on the show were evil and a danger to humans.

The nogitsune could have been killed. Kira's mother simply saved the fly for some bizarre reason.

I've said this before, but the show seems to be trying to do a Buffy the Vampire Slayer thing except ignoring the part that dangerous people in Buffy were kept alive because they were an overall good for the world given they helped save it. In Teen Wolf, the world would be better off if all the werewolves were killed and there were no new werewolves. Even the thing Jackson turned into was a form of werewolf. This nogistune situation would have been taken care of perhaps much immediately and only isn't because Scott and Co. value Stiles' life over all the other lives in Beacon Hills combined.
Flag
Kira's mom didn't save the fly because if she hadn't bury it, it would of just went into someone else and posses them thats why Isaac put it in Derek's mother jar or whatever it is
Flag
By that argument, the world would be better if we killed off all the humans too.
Flag
This is simply a nonsense argument.
Flag
Actually the show has been good on portraying werewolves aren't inherently evil and can be good, evil, or neutral. The flashback episode showed us werewolf packs were pretty good people for the most part who encourage their younger members not kill or harm humans and had a truce with the hunters. We learned that Hales actually protected Beacon Hills. Most of the problems in the series when it started were caused by the Argents.

The evil ones like Peter and Deucalion and his Alpha pack aren't the norm. Those members who went evil were basically the Argents fault. Deucalion tried to talk things out with Gerard who blinded him out sadistic glee, which turned him into Death Destroyer of Worlds. I don't think supposed to be Buffy actually. I've seen you make that argument, but I think that's its trying to do its own thing in supernatural and good vs. evil genre of having good and evil as normal humans and supernatural creatures. The problems ad debates on ethics is what sets apart from monster hunting genre where thy just the kill the monster and done.
Flag
Humans don't get bloodlust on the full moon. Werewolves are inherently dangerous.
Flag
It's not really bloody lust just that aggression is heightened on full moon like any animal that has its aggression heightened by an effect or drug. They act more animal like at first until learn how to control their instincts. It's like a dog who needs to be trained isn't bad just needs to learn, which is the same for anything really. Werewolves are inherently evil anymore say humans who kill beyond actual need.
Flag
Werewolves have the bloodlust. They are inherently evil; it's simply that some decide not to act on that evil.

Yes, what happened to the Hale family is bad. Yes, the grandfather was a d_ck.

Allison still had every right to exact revenge for her aunt's and mother's deaths.
Flag
Allison's aunt dying, I don't think it impacted her in a big way other than feeling guilty that she had to watch her die and could not save her. Also, she knew her aunt was a psycho who had killed a whole family of werewolves and humans. It was after her mother's death that her grandfather twisted her grief into something he could use against the werewolves, though frankly speaking he was the reason her mother decided to kill herself.

And if you are basing your decision on not watching the show on just a review, which frankly I don't think you actually read it properly, you need to first watch the episode.

Scott and Kira are not stupid, they were gathering background information on the nogitsune from Kira's mother. Remember what Dumbledore said in the sixth part, knowing where ur enemy comes from and the details of his past is what makes you kind the solution to defeating the enemy (this is not quote unquote, just the gist of what he said).

Stiles is the best character in this show and I don't think there is a single person who wants him to die. Why would a best friend kill his friend if there is another way to save him? Also such a kind of a conflict is what makes for an interesting show, if they had just killed Stiles, the nogitsune would have found another host immediately, which would have been even more dangerous.

I am not saying you should continue to watch the show, it is of course your choice and your opinion, I just gave mine :)

More +
Flag
In short, you like Stiles and therefore don't want to him to die even though he was a continued massive danger to everyone in Beacon Hills. And Scott and Kira aren't stupid because they put Stiles's life over the lives of everyone else in Beacon Hills.
Flag
so, what you are basically saying is its okay to kill Stiles without first trying to save him even if there is a way to do it, but why bother right?
Flag
The problem is the time past and the amount of people killed because of their inaction.

I'm not saying they should have immediately killed Stiles. But after Evil Stiles proved to be super dangerous and ended up killing probably over a dozen people including at least a half-dozen police officers -- who were perhaps around half the police force in town --, they should have killed Evil Stiles. Instead, Scott and Co. seemed to completely brush off the death and destruction that Evil Stiles caused.
Flag
Her aunt and mom (I'm guessing that's what you meant by brother)'s deaths were of their own doing than the werewolves. Her aunt broke their code and killed good werewolves who made it a point not to hurt humans and their normal human relatives. Even Alison's dad said his sister(her aunt) had it coming for that one. Alison's mom wasn't killed by a werewolf. She tried to kill Scott for basically having sex with her daughter. When Derek saved him he bit her mom in the struggle. The Argent family code said their hunters who get bit by Alphas kill themselves or having someone else kill them. Again Chris points out that his family's code is what killed his wife, which he disillusioned with once his dad said f#ck it and wanted to be a werewolf to escape death. The werewolves Alison hunted had nothing to do with her mom or aunt's deaths.
Flag
The 'code' was actually whatever the matriarch says it is. Alison's father is the one who was against killing not-harmful werewolves. Alison's mother had no problem with what Alison's aunt did. Derek didn't need to bite Mrs. Argent. He could have easily knocked her out or whatever. It almost makes no sense that Mr. Argent and Alison are okay with Derek.
Flag
The women lead, but according to Chris, Gerard, and Kate there is a code they have about killing supernatural creatures who harm humans. The ones who don't they leave alone. Gerard tried abolish the code in light of Kate's death, but the fact they had it for so long means yes they followed it for as long as they hunted. Leaders felt this code was worth keeping. Gerard broke the code and changed it to killing all supernatural creatures regardless of if they were harmful. Kate followed that belief and killed the Hales against their code, which is why she hid it from the rest of the Argents in season 1. Alison's mom didn't even know about it until first season finale when she and Chris learned what she did. Kate did break the code and Alison's mom never said she approved what Kate did and I think she even agreed with Chris on Kate going too far in breaking the code. Alison's mom wasn't even in charge. They deferred to Gerard. If Kate's kill was as justified she wouldn't have bothered hiding it from her family.

Alison's mom tried to kill him and Scott in a room fill of wolfs bane, which weakened them. She snuck up on him while he was freeing Scott. A fight broke out, she almost killed him and bit her to distract her to save both his life and Scott's life. Derek's case is self-defense where he didn't kill her when he could have. Kate killed the Hales both human and werewolves out of racism. Kate didn't seduce Derek and that teacher to burn a house full of innocent people because she hates werewolves. To say Alison has a right to hunt werewolves is like saying Derek should kill all humans because Kate killed most of his family.
More +
Flag
Derek murdered Allison's mother. He could have easily knocked her out. And, yes, Scott should have stopped dating Allison when he knew who Allison's parents were and he knew her mother disapproved of his being with Allison. And you seem to be trying to portray Allison's mother as being "racist". Scott is a werewolf. Not the same thing.
Flag
I'm not saying Alison's mom didn't have her reasons, but it still amounts to Scott was a werewolf having sex with her daughter and she was going to kill him because he was a werewolf, not because of any crimes he committed. The problem with justifying Alison's mom for trying to kill Scott and condemning Derek for biting her self-defense is a unfair double standard. Werewolves even so much as defend deserve to be killed, while Argents can kill normal humans in attempt to kill werewolves and threaten normal people and excused for it even if their reasoning is based on it's not human, so its evil.
Flag
I don't remember Allison's mother disapproving of what Kate did. Maybe you're right though.

Regarding Allison's mother trying to kill Scott, of course she didn't want her daughter dating a werewolf. It's kinda Scott's stupidity and feeling of being very lucky to be able to get a hot girl like Allison that resulted in his almost being killed.
Flag
They certainly didn't "completely ignore it", unless what you meant by that is that they didn't kill him. In the last sentence you talk about saving Stiles as if it's a bad thing. So it looks like you're actually suggesting that they should have killed Stiles, and that you will drop the show because they didn't.

I'm not one of the superfans, so I can't deny that there are lots of reasons to drop this show, but this isn't one of them. I can't think of any show that has ever been on TV where a "good" main character and his friends wouldn't try to save his best friend after he's been possessed by something evil. In this case, he's also the best character on the show.
Flag
Again, you're also someone who likes Stiles and therefore can brush off all the death and destruction he's caused and applaud Scott and Co. for allowing all this to happen.

The show is getting to The Vampire Diaries territory in which it doesn't matter how deadly these characters are or how many they kill.
Flag
I agree that The Vampire Diaries have taken this too far. This already happened in season 1. Some time after that, they established that all the characters are horrible people, so we shouldn't expect them to do anything for the greater good.

But it really wouldn't make sense if Scott just goes "OK, he's evil now, let's kill him". The logical course of action is to have part of the group try to capture him, while another part (maybe just Deaton) tries to find a way to kill the nogitsune without killing Stiles. The idiotic part is that when they did capture him, they didn't lock him up.
Flag
The not locking Evil Stiles up is a symptom of the problem I'm describing. Like when Scott simply wanted to believe Stiles was good again without any actual proof of that.
Flag
For me I like Alison but I'm sometimes I'm not 100% on her decisions but it comes down to the fact that if she was the one to die I wouldn't be as effected where if it was Derek who I love sooooooo much I would just about die, from a exploded heart, and stiles and Scott I'd be a tearey mess and Lydia I love her to bits but I don't actually think she can "die"
Flag
I do not dislike Allison, but with the news that one of the main 5 will die this season I've had to evaluate who I'm more emotionally invested in, and for me the character I care about the least is her. So that's why I say I hope it's Allison who dies, because I like Derek, Stiles and Lydia too much for them to go.
Flag
I agree, of the main 5 I'd be happiest with Allison's death. I think probability wise it will come down to Allison or Derek. Scott is safe because, Scott, true Alpha, leader of the pack etc. Stiles, they would have to be insane to write off being both immensely popular and the primary source of comic relief. Lydia is the only bansee in Beacon Hills and she is just starting to hone her powers, so I feel like the writers won't throw her away just yet.

I think Derek is the most likely to die. He's had little to do in the second have of the season, he is one of the 7 werewolves on the show and now that Peter is back we don't need him for werewolf intel anymore. I also feel his arc is wrapping itself up. He started angry and vengeful loner, tried Alphahood and learned he was unprepared for the responsibility and finally he's settled into were he was always meant to be, Beta to Scott's Alpha. Even more troubling was the conversation about Derek passing the torch of protecting Beacon Hills to Scott and his words to the twins "I'm sure you'd kill for him, but would you die for him?" implying that HE would.

Allison is still possible, because her dad could still represent the hunter faction in Beacon Hills if she died and her death might thin out the werewolf numbers on the show, because Isaac might take off after she dies in grief. I guess we will find out!
More +
Flag
I'm in agreement with @jennifermitch5. As a human being—as opposed to a character who does interesting things in the story—I quite like her, except (again, like @jennifermitch5) the final half of Season 2 when she lost ALL PERSPECTIVE! Certainly she had a right to grieve for her mother, but she lashed out in all the wrong ways. It wasn't entirely unlike a teenager, but it was massively worrisome that the adult men around her still put her in charge of stuff.

As a character, though, she's been wearing thin this season. I, for one, like her burgeoning relationship with Isaac and her deepening friendship with her ex Scott, but the ballooning cast and the current storyline have pushed her largely to the side, which to a certain extent makes her a popular candidate for death. She's had her moments. I really liked, for instance, her fight alongside Kira this past episode. It's always a refreshing change of pace to see ladies interacting in a show full of dudes, and they made a very dynamic team. Her decision to remove the firing pin from her father pistol was a shrewd and thoughtful one. But if she survives the season, she'll need to be more involved in future plots. If the rival family of hunters newly arrived in Beacon Hills is anything to judge from, that might just happen.

For the record: I don't think she's going to be a casualty this season.
More+
Flag
Yeah, well, I was WRONG! It makes the direction they take her father very interesting. Can he adopt Derek?
Flag
I agree with you about how she lashed out. It didn't make sense and was out of character for her...

She hasn't been used well since the first episode or two of 3B. They really do need to give her something more to do. And I don't think she'll be a casualty this season either. I don't think they'd do that to her Dad. He's already lost his sister and his wife.
Flag
I like Allison, except for her little psycho phase, but her Mom had just died so I guess I'll give her a pass, considering she did no permanent damage. Overall she is pretty awesome and let's not forget that time she pulled the smoke grenade and totally caught Agent McCall off guard!
Flag
Considering all she's been through, while still being a teenager, I like her a lot. It was so sad when she lost her mom. And her grandfather is a psycho who tried to manipulate her.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members