A Teen Wolf Community
Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television
I was posting on a forum page like I always do and @edshrinker said that I should post a forum topic so here it is, I hope it's ok and is up to the great standards that the writers on this community website hold.
I was talking to some friends the other day just about general crap, random things that most of the time isn't anything important like the fact that our world is going to shit, I turn on the news and I'm just depressed at the amount of crappy crappy things that are happening, any who we started to how on about the tv shows we watch, and they started to tell me some of there favourites and then I listed mine. I told them about Orphan black, and supernatural, Sleepy Hollow, Arrow, The originals, lost girl, and the listener, and then I told them about Teen Wolf and they laughed at me purely by the name of the title and that stupid stupid movie. I've had this happen a few times before when I'm having to justify and in turn promote Teen Wolf. I don't mind at all because I LOVE THIS SHOW and talking about its bones and describing how yummy it's meat tastes just after one taste make me feel good. Back to my conversation because what felt like 120 years of trying to make them believe what was coming out of my mouth I decided to show them some video clips that I though best complimented Teen Wolf but didn't give to much away and it worked they became believers and now are Vivid fans of the show, and Derek I may have put in some "non-bias" opinions about his sheer sexiness mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ok snap out of it, here are those videos.

Have you ever had to promote Teen Wolf to someone or any other show, feel free to share the stories, photos or videos you used.
18 Comments
Comments (18)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
That Bad Moon Rising clip gets me everytime!!! I love it!!!!
Flag
It was very very good and could have been over the top but wasn't.
Flag
I've been trying to get people to watch Teen Wolf since season 1 but when they realize it's on MTV, they refuse to watch it.
Flag
And that is the common thing I'm getting combined with its name the movie and the fact it's on MTV people shy away from it because they think it will be this mediocre tween show with CGI sparkle wolfs.
Flag
I know several people who actually liked the movie and they think the show won't live up to the movie (I like the movie too, but I have to admit that's corny lol) But yes, I always hear people dissing the show because its called Teen Wolf. But I've convinced a few people to watch the show then they ask me what channel does it come on. When I say it comes on MTV that's when they change their minds :/
Flag
:) yes the movie was very corny it has such a different tone to the show, but yes when I say it's on MTV they giggle
Flag
I've been promoting Teen Wolf for the last two years, but somehow everyone still thinks it some sort of Twilight thing....
Despite me showing them actual footage, sharing the opening credits like a million times on facebook, keep saying how awesome the show is, there is still just one guy I convinced....

Flag
The movie, and the name itself really work against it in my opinion
Flag
Buffy had the same problem. Seems to happen to only the greatest shows!
Flag
The movie had a completely different vibe than the show it wasn't all that great. Your right though the same principle apples here ok/bad movie brilliant tv show.
Flag
Exactly when people see Teen Wolf they kind off back away and judge it almost immediately based on its name and the movie.
Flag
I don't know why it's so hard, part of me is convinced it's due to the original movie they don't expect it to be as layered and complex as it is they make the assumption it's going to be this goofy teen love fest with CGI wolfs.
Flag
When I first started watching teen wolf I watched all of 3A in a day, and around this time none of my friends would get on board with the starlight express that is teen wolf. One day I manage to get one of them to watch a bit, spoke to him a week later and he was fully caught up and had also watched all of 3A in a day. I was so proud.
Flag
I still to this day have no clue why teen wolf at face value is so hard for people to start watching. It's such a quality show with so much going for it, I think it's the first teen show not to go any where near a love triangle, it's just so undervalued.
Flag
Sadly, it's because it airs on MTV, a channel that has a reputation for crap programming and catering solely to teenagers (not that there's necessarily anything wrong with the latter). Plus, despite several of its forebears showing that the genre can transcend itself (such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and be a piece of true art, the teen supernatural drama will always have its detractors, no matter how many examples of great storytelling, characterization, and rich themes these shows may manage to produce. Lots of people simply inherently believe that a "gritty adult drama" will always be better than a teen supernatural show.
Flag
Your very right the perception and assumptions we as humans make will always drive our first actions, even though we don't don't like to admit it we often judge a book by its cover and in this sence a show based on its name and genre
Flag
I think those were very good choices to demonstrate the shows range
Flag
Thanks I was trying to think of clips that wouldn't give too much away like any key details that actually need to be watched in the whole episode.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members