Teen Wolf Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music TelevisionBetween Seasons

Colton Haynes: Gone?

ForeverAwesome

[1]Oct 12, 2012
    • level: 1

IS. THIS. TRUE???

Apparently it is so as word is spreading out like wildfire all over the internet verse! Our beloved (and jerk) new werewolf character Jackson (played by Haynes) will NOT be returning for season 3 on Teen Wolf?! What is this madness I hear, but it's true (not sure: there are different sources with different views). So, what do you all wonderful, dedicated TW fans think of this horrific news? Are you all disappointed? Sadden? Confused? Hurt? Will you still watch season 3 although Haynes won't be back?

-ForeverAwesome

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SweetMissJaye

[2]Oct 28, 2012
    • level: 21

I heard this news as well. MTV is saying that he'll be back (last I checked on this story a couple weeks ago) but Colton and his people are saying he's gone. I thought it might have been about money but apparently he was upset and disappointed about being cast in only half of season 3's episodes. I had just stopped hating Jackson and now he'll be gone? I hope they find a way to work it out but if he leaves, I think the show can manage without him.

mikelalba

[4]Nov 1, 2012
    • level: 5

Yes, after some denial, MTV finally confirmed that he is not part of season 3.

it seems it is not only the number of episodes he was planned to be (half of the season), but that he was not allowed to do other stuff during that period... well, conclussion, how will they justify that? Jackson-Lidya plotline? he could not deal with the wolf and for his familys safety he leaves the town = leaves the shos??? I will not buy it, but, I will still be watching.

here it is the new:

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/teen-wolf/teen-wolf-news-mtv-confirms-th-47955.aspx

SweetMissJaye

[5]Nov 7, 2012

mikelalba wrote:

Yes, after some denial, MTV finally confirmed that he is not part of season 3.

it seems it is not only the number of episodes he was planned to be (half of the season), but that he was not allowed to do other stuff during that period... well, conclussion, how will they justify that? Jackson-Lidya plotline? he could not deal with the wolf and for his familys safety he leaves the town = leaves the shos??? I will not buy it, but, I will still be watching.

here it is the new:

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/teen-wolf/teen-wolf-news-mtv-confirms-th-47955.aspx

They might say he died or something :/

mikelalba

[7]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 5

After all the trouble to become a werewolf, it will be a pity if he "just dies".... without a 2-3 episode plotline....

Perhaps I prefer the option of he becoming such a monster that there is not human version anymore, so they could still say it is Jackson without showing any real face...

SweetMissJaye

[8]Nov 9, 2012

mikelalba wrote:

After all the trouble to become a werewolf, it will be a pity if he "just dies".... without a 2-3 episode plotline....

Perhaps I prefer the option of he becoming such a monster that there is not human version anymore, so they could still say it is Jackson without showing any real face...

I don't understand why MTV treated Colton so poorly that he felt he needed to leave the show. It makes no sense. Yes, after all the trouble it took for Jackson to become a werewolf, it doesn't really make sense for them to basically demote him for season three. I'm baffled by it all. Who knows what they will do now. I think the show is popular enough to go on without Jackson, but it's a shame that just when his story was getting really interesting (for me) he's gone.

thorswitch

[10]Nov 22, 2012
    • level: 19
    After the season finale, I remember the producers said that Jackson's blue wolf-eyes (as opposed to Scott's amber and Derek's red wolf-eyes) had a special meaning - I'm hoping they'll find a way to still let us know what that is. I wonder if they'll just recast the character or bring someone new in to "fill the slot."

I did have an idea of one way they could do a "transition" from Jackson to a new wolf and still follow-up on the blue eyes thing... Say the blue wolf-eyes are very rare and they have some kind of extra ability that makes them dangerous to "regular" werewolves, so the regular ones are sometimes known to be "out to get" the blue-eyed ones. Word spreads quickly through the werewolf "community" (such as it is) that there's a new blue-eyed wolf who's just starting out, so he heads to our fair town to help Jackson through the transition and to teach him about the special ability that blue-eyeds have. When he gets there, however, there's been an accident of some sort and Jackson has died. The new guy is suspicious about how Jackson died, so he decides to stick around and check things out, and we now have our new character to fill Jackson's place. (I would also like to nominate "The Secret Circle's" Chris Zylka (Jake) for the role!)

Thoughts?

RaizenYusuke

[11]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 28
    Sucks they planned a whole storyline around him and now the actor is gone. This is potentially a show cancelling move. The writer obviously planned a whole story around Jackson and it would play a big part of the series. Now they have to re-write not only a handful of episodes, but possibly even their whole story to work around it. Such a change could be good or bad. I thought Jackson was getting too much attention though. I hope his story wasn't that ingrained into the series. After a lackluster season 2 finale, the questionabl Alpha pack, and now this Teen Wolf's third season has me more than a little worried

SweetMissJaye

[12]Dec 8, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Sucks they planned a whole storyline around him and now the actor is gone. This is potentially a show cancelling move. The writer obviously planned a whole story around Jackson and it would play a big part of the series. Now they have to re-write not only a handful of episodes, but possibly even their whole story to work around it. Such a change could be good or bad. I thought Jackson was getting too much attention though. I hope his story wasn't that ingrained into the series. After a lackluster season 2 finale, the questionabl Alpha pack, and now this Teen Wolf's third season has me more than a little worried

I'm starting to get a little worried too. I'm not thrilled about the alpha pack. :/ I saw some pics of the new twins and for some reason, I disliked them on sight LOL Anyway, after the way they put so much attention on Jackson, and turned Allison into a b**ch, and brought back Peter Hale, I'm wondering what the heck they'll do for season three. By the way, I like Peter Hale, just not a fan of how he was brought back. And I would love to not ever have to see Derek's newborns again but it's pretty much guaranteed that they're going to be around.

I think they should air the alternate ending that they filmed of Jackson dying, and go from there. Casting another actor to play him just wouldn't work at this point, in my opinion. The season 2 finale, with him surviving, could just be like Lydia's dream or hallucination or something.

mmmshuddup

[13]Dec 22, 2012
    • level: 12
    Honestly they would have been better off cutting Allison than Jackson. I loved his character! I think MTV is stupid and they're making terrible decisions. I don't think I'll watch anymore

RaizenYusuke

[14]Mar 24, 2013
    I don't think MTV treated him that horrible. From reading this thread it sounds like Teen Wolf writers had only written Jackson storyline for the second half of season 3 or 12 episodes and not have him in the other 12. The writers may have done that because Jackson's storyline wouldn't be the entire season's plot. I don't think the writers shoulde forced to re-write their own season to put Jackson charater in more episodes. While MTV should let the actor presue other work as long as it doesn't conflit with their shooting time too much. MTV isn't entirely at fault IMO. It is a combination of MTV and Colton Haynes.

WWSista

[15]Apr 7, 2013
    • level: 25

From everything that people have posted as far as news reports go, it seems pretty legit. Add to that the fact that he has a new role on the show Arrow, and has been in several episodes already, and it seems he will in fact not be in Season 3 of Teen Wolf. His character in Arrow, Roy Harper, is a central figure in the Green Arrow mythos in the comics, and I remember thinking as soon as I saw him, wow, this is a big role, I wonder if it will conflict with Teen Wolf.

In addition, Colton Haynes, though I adore him, has a reputation for being difficult if he develops an attitude. However, MTV does have their actors and actresses sign an Exclusivity Clause, which means they cannot work on any other projects during active filming ofa season. Which leaves only the off months when a show's season is over and before the new one starts, during which time most people either do movies or guest appearances on other shows. Jackson is an easy character to hate, which is all the more evidence at Haynes' brilliant acting ability. But while he is a character that you at first love to hate, over two seasons and wonderful development and brilliant acting, he comes someone that you hate but are starting to love. I'm hoping that they will come to some sort of agreement and civility enough to do his character justice with a decent farewell. Though the writers could surprise us. They may be able to brilliantly and seamlessly explain his absence. While I strongly believe that Colton Haynes helped to make the show what it is, I don't think his absence will destroy the show. It's too popular, with a terrific premise that is very different from anything else in the werewolf genre that is currently out. The writing is usually stellar, and the acting is certainly so. I think the appeal will maintain. Either way, I'm a fan of the show and will be on board to see what happens. And I'll be wishing Colton well in Arrow, which I must say is a fantastic show. If you always thought Green Arrow was a ridiculous character, this show will change your mind. It's gritty, edgy, action packed, and, now, of course, it has Colton Haynes in it. Four great reasons to watch.

That's my $.02 folks. Thanks!!! Clair

SweetMissJaye

[16]Apr 20, 2013
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I don't think MTV treated him that horrible. From reading this thread it sounds like Teen Wolf writers had only written Jackson storyline for the second half of season 3 or 12 episodes and not have him in the other 12. The writers may have done that because Jackson's storyline wouldn't be the entire season's plot. I don't think the writers shoulde forced to re-write their own season to put Jackson charater in more episodes. While MTV should let the actor presue other work as long as it doesn't conflit with their shooting time too much. MTV isn't entirely at fault IMO. It is a combination of MTV and Colton Haynes.

I think it was more than that. I think Colton said they also didn't want him to work on other projects. They wanted to restrict him too much.

kat4543

[17]May 9, 2013
    • level: 4
    I heard that he not the only one whos gone. the ones who play erica and boyd are not coming back.

RaizenYusuke

[18]May 12, 2013

SweetMissJaye wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I think it was more than that. I think Coltonsaid they also didn't want him to work on other projects. They wanted to restrict him too much.
    That was probably in his contract, because they didn't want it to conflict with their shooting. He probably wanted to change his contract, tried to get his agent to change it, but negotiations didn't reach a point that satisfied both parties, so Colton quit. MTV could have let him do more things, but they may have also had their reasons for not letting him. It sounds like they are both at fault here. We shouldn't just assume its MTV's fault just because they are a network. Actors also have a part to play in it too.

For example say if they did what Colton wanted and Colton got the part of another big show. He has obligations to both shows. MTV would have to work out a schedule or agreement with the network of the show, so it doesn't conflict with either schedules or conflict as little as possible. That is assuming both shows shooting times can actually avoid not conflicting with each other. Now that could potentially push back premiere dates for either show, delay shooting, cause canceled shooting days (in case Colton just can't make it, cause the other show) and all of that costs money. Neither network wants to spend more than they need to. MTV executives could have been thinking about this when they said no to him. Hell they may have even told him no this time, but maybe they could have renegotiated his contract in a year after the filmed the current season to better prepare for it.

I'm not trying to put all the blame on Colton, but merely pointing out a reason MTV didn't want him to pursue other projects last year during shooting.

jagsathwal12345

[19]May 28, 2013
    • level: 1

i think it may have something to do with him having a leading role in Arrow season 2