Teen Wolf Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music TelevisionIn Season

Is the vet guy an alpha too, other than Peter Hale?

napninjax

[1]Jul 26, 2011
    • level: 3

can there be more

Edited on 07/26/2011 3:43pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[2]Aug 2, 2011
    • level: 28
    I think he just works with Peter or is a member of the pack. He was treating Scott after he was attacked by Allison's aunt. I am not sure if he is an alpha though.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[3]Aug 10, 2011
    • level: 13
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I think he just works with Peter or is a member of the pack. He was treating Scott after he was attacked by Allison's aunt. I am not sure if he is an alpha though.

Just seem strange that he was in the woods when Scott was shot. How did he know to be there? Why save Scott? Why would he have Mountain Ash in his shop if he wanted to heal all Werewolves knowing that the ash repels Werewolves? Is he a witch, vampire, werewolf, different type of monser? I hope this is cleared up in future episodes.

hell693

[4]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 11
    Yes there can be more alphas I think he may be an alpha or stronger because he could stop the alpha easily.

alcalde

[5]Oct 29, 2011
    • level: 12
    There's been precisely zero evidence to suggest that the vet is any type of werewolf, let alone an alpha. All we've seen is evidence that he has knowledge of werewolves on the order of the hunters, nothing more. In fact, we haven't seen dogs or cats carry on around him like they do around Scott, so I'd suggest that's evidence that he's not a werewolf. Then there'd be a need to explain why he was keeping himself a secret from other werewolves (Derek)....

Jedidiyah

[6]Nov 2, 2011
    • level: 4

What I'd like to know is how Scott managed to get past that repellent mountain ash working their every day, and Derek when he kidnapped the vet. Perhaps, it only works on alphas. They didn't think this one through, same withvet being conveniently on hand to save Scott after the shooting. After all, vetwas a minor character. They'll make something up in season 2to make it workif his role increases. But I agree with alcalde, I doubt they'll make him a werewolf. Possibly, there will be some relation to Scott's father and/or the hunters.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[7]Jun 12, 2012
    alcalde wrote:
    There's been precisely zero evidence to suggest that the vet is any type of werewolf, let alone an alpha. All we've seen is evidence that he has knowledge of werewolves on the order of the hunters, nothing more. In fact, we haven't seen dogs or cats carry on around him like they do around Scott, so I'd suggest that's evidence that he's not a werewolf. Then there'd be a need to explain why he was keeping himself a secret from other werewolves (Derek)....

There is also a need for the show to give the vet a name and state his name instead of always calling him the vet.

Too funny.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[8]Jun 15, 2012
    Jedidiyah wrote:

What I'd like to know is how Scott managed to get past that repellent mountain ash working their every day, and Derek when he kidnapped the vet. Perhaps, it only works on alphas. They didn't think this one through, same withvet being conveniently on hand to save Scott after the shooting. After all, vetwas a minor character. They'll make something up in season 2to make it workif his role increases. But I agree with alcalde, I doubt they'll make him a werewolf. Possibly, there will be some relation to Scott's father and/or the hunters.

I think the Vet is actually a major character in this series. It is just that we have yet to find out who or what he is and why he is currently trying so desperately to blend into the background. And though he may be trying to blend into the background, he probably is keeping a watchful eye on his employee and friend Scott. I am leaning to thinking that the Vet (Dr. Deaton) is a witch. And perhaps you are right. In this rendition of the werewolf lore, Mountain Ash probably only works on Alphas or maybe renders all werewolves docile.

WCSU1987

[9]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 3

I say the biggest question about the "Vet", is how the hunters know him and are on terms with him as well.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[10]Jun 18, 2012
    WCSU1987 wrote:

I say the biggest question about the "Vet", is how the hunters know him and are on terms with him as well.

Well Allison's dad will probably reveal that if they ever show the full conversation he had with the Vet after he told the Vet, "And I know that you are not just only a Vet".