Teen Wolf Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music TelevisionIn Season

Offical Episode Discussion: Omega/Shape Shifted

RaizenYusuke

[1]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 28

Let's talk about the second season premiere episodes here.

It was a solid premiere. Jackson's body is rejecting the bite. Looks like he won't be a werewolf after all. The war between the wolves and the hunters fully starts now.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jack756

[2]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 14

can i say its midnight which makes it tuesday but i just finshes watching ep 2 on mtv.im a little confused.i mean i saw omega on sunday and didnt think another ep was coming on until sunday and next thing i knew i happen to beflipping thourgh the channels and i saw a rerun of omega so i decide to watch with my family and then the 2nd ep came on and i was like what the f.did i miss something or did mtv not mention this.(im on central time if anyone wondering)

anyway to the ep.

why is jackson body dont taken the bite.poor guy wants to be a wolf so bad but cant.

now to lydia what is she.we know the bite had no affect on her b/c she something else not a wolf but something else like peter said if i remeber corretcly.i mean is she a witch.im leaning on shes a witch.only time well tell.

im glad scott and allsion not going thorugh break up make up back again phase but from next week promo it looks its gone go that way.the writers need to do something with them make them be happy or break them up b/c this fight lover thing is annoying already again.

the grandpa hunter is very scary more scary than the aunt.allsion family is crazy.i wouldnt want to date her.loving the new characters tho.even all the new wolfs that are coming.

now what is that thing thats been eating livers adn killing ppl.whats going on.i remeber see something on a promo bout a shapeshifter so is that what that thing is b/c if it is.man its ugly

also i forgot how annoying the teacher is.give stiles a break.maybe the teacher his this monster thing.i remember last season when everyone thoguth he was the alpha now their going to be saying his the shapshifter lol

last thing why is scott being so stupied.he knows his gone get haunted so instead of working with derek he acts if derek dont knwo what his talking about whne he saw it.im gald scott not as annoying as he was in season 1 tho.

sorry bout spellingin a rush

RaizenYusuke

[3]Jun 5, 2012

Personally I felt no sympathy for Jackson. That kid is incapable of feeling empathy for other human beings. I shared the shrief's view on wanting to kick his ass. So what he isn't a werewolf. If anything it saves his life. With his attiude and arrogance he would be gunned down by the hunters.

Derek bulding his pack is a interesting plot point. He is not evil. Being the alpha has not really changed him much. It makes sense to me. He needs a pack in order to survive. The hunters are about to commite genocide. At least he warns people he is about to bite of the risks. He obviously targets kids who are desperate.

The hunters are going way too far. They tortured a princpale into quitting just so their leader could take his place. The one disguised as a cop may have killed Styles. I understand the grandfather is angry his daughter was killed, but Kate broke the code. He had to have understood this was coming once he found out the whole truth. Alison's father at least is only interested in killing the dangerous wolves that kill people not the entire race.

Does anyone else think Lydia might be whatever that thing was that killed Isaac's father? By the way I like Isaac's character. He is a nice addition. Alsion's grandfather is a great character as welll, a perfect new antagonist. Scott and Alison are getting annoying to me. They are a annoyingly sweet couple, who cannot exist without each other. I do am not fond of those couples, because they have no life outside their relationship. The writers should tone it down some. It was a great episode.

Milli

[4]Jun 5, 2012
    • level: 7

RaizenYusuke wrote:

Personally I felt no sympathy for Jackson. That kid is incapable of feeling empathy for other human beings. I shared the shrief's view on wanting to kick his ass. So what he isn't a werewolf. If anything it saves his life. With his attiude and arrogance he would be gunned down by the hunters.

Derek bulding his pack is a interesting plot point. He is not evil. Being the alpha has not really changed him much. It makes sense to me. He needs a pack in order to survive. The hunters are about to commite genocide. At least he warns people he is about to bite of the risks. He obviously targets kids who are desperate.

The hunters are going way too far. They tortured a princpale into quitting just so their leader could take his place. The one disguised as a cop may have killed Styles. I understand the grandfather is angry his daughter was killed, but Kate broke the code. He had to have understood this was coming once he found out the whole truth. Alison's father at least is only interested in killing the dangerous wolves that kill people not the entire race.

Does anyone else think Lydia might be whatever that thing was that killed Isaac's father? By the way I like Isaac's character. He is a nice addition. Alsion's grandfather is a great character as welll, a perfect new antagonist. Scott and Alison are getting annoying to me. They are a annoyingly sweet couple, who cannot exist without each other. I do am not fond of those couples, because they have no life outside their relationship. The writers should tone it down some. It was a great episode.

I agree with you 100% on the no sympathy for Jackson rejecting the bite. Hey, Jackson you douche bag it is called Karma. You know the fact that he in an arrogant, self-serving, self-entitled prick. Okay, now that that is said...

I further agree that the hunters are going too far (e.g. cutting the Omega in half), but I like the fact that a war is coming which will help the show. And I also agree that the writers need to tone down on the whole I can't live without you Scott-Alison relationship because it is fastly approaching the it makes me wanna hurl type of relationship.

I dislike Lydia at the moment since she seems to be trying to get back together with Jackson, who is a douche. I would like to see her drift more to Styles (or however you spell his name).

Milli

[5]Jun 5, 2012
    • level: 7

What was with the Lizard Dude who was going after Alison? I think it it the photographer kid who goes to their school!

mikelalba

[6]Jun 5, 2012
    • level: 5
    I first thought Jackson would be the one responsible of the killing and the strange creature.... because I do think that the one who killed .... Isaac's father is the same creature (reptilian?) we saw at the end.
    But then... I dont know why, perhaps because of the fact Lidya escaped through the hospital's windows... I do think Lidya is the creature.
    It is quite clear that something happened to Lidya (hospital's bathroom scene is very suggesting).

Another crazy theory would be that Jackon is affected in such a strage way that he can leave his body as a cocoon or whatever behind, and go out as a creature. In the video we see him sleeping, but we dont really see much. Isnt it too much a coincidence that Isaac's father is his neighboor? and the creature appears also so close to him...
    What would Lidya be doing in that area? if she is the creature, why would she be there?
    I know, I know,I do overthink too much

RaizenYusuke

[7]Jun 5, 2012
    Looking for Jackson perhaps?

mikelalba

[8]Jun 6, 2012

Yes, why not. She is the obsessed kind, I guess.
    A question. I dont remember at the moment... when Isaacs' father died, what are the actual prooves of the attack? When I said that this could be also the creature┬┤s doing... I dont know if there was any clue that was clearly linked to werewolves. Because I agree that the photographer (funeral, etc.) is not a casual character, and if one werewolve -omega- heard about the alpha, others could come too... Just wondering about this photographer.

maedeux

[9]Jun 6, 2012
    • level: 2

I think that at some point in time Allison's dad is going to stop helping his dad or help Scott. He has yet to give Scott up to his dad and he was reluctant to let the other hunter kill Isaac.

Also, I think that Jackson put two and two together and realized that Isaac was a werewolf and that's why he told the cops all that stuff about Isaac and his dad. He's just jealous though I think that he's stupid if he thinks that Derek is going to let him do whatever he wants. Did anyone else think that he was way too cocky about watching himself shift for the first time and then when it didn't happen just laughed.

I'm not sure what Lydia is, but I've herd a lot of people suggest Banshee. Not sure how that would work, but only time will tell.

WCSU1987

[10]Jun 6, 2012
    • level: 3

Decent episodes. They did not offer much explanation in both of these episodes until the end. However, good epsiodes again. I kind of missed the whole issue with Jackson back in Season One with the claw mark in his neck and hoping they will explain the connection with him not transforming. The other question is with Scott and Lydia. Since the Alpha bit Scott and with the Alpha Peter Hale taken out. Shouldn't Scott not be a wearwolf anymore? Or is it because Derek did the deed and now Scott is a wolf for life. In relation to Lydia will she not transform because the Alpha was taken out before the full moon? Many questions. Not giving much away for those who avoid watching the previews. More questions in relations to will other packs start showing up? What about this new creature on the show? Many many questions and many more episodes to go will be a great season.

mikelalba

[11]Jun 6, 2012

I agree that Allison's dad has a strong moral conviction: follow a code. Without a code he doesnt seem comfortable, and I suppose that this feeling will be one of the plots during the season. But I doubt we will see any "decision" before the last episode... we never know, but that is my guess.

About Lydia being a banshee, I dont see why this is a good guess... I mean, of course everything is possible, but why would a banshee look like a lizard creature? I dont know... anyway, I suppose the name is the less important, the thing is to know if the lizard creature is or not Lidya.

SweetMissJaye

[12]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 21

WCSU1987 wrote:

Decent episodes. They did not offer much explanation in both of these episodes until the end. However, good epsiodes again. I kind of missed the whole issue with Jackson back in Season One with the claw mark in his neck and hoping they will explain the connection with him not transforming. The other question is with Scott and Lydia. Since the Alpha bit Scott and with the Alpha Peter Hale taken out. Shouldn't Scott not be a wearwolf anymore? Or is it because Derek did the deed and now Scott is a wolf for life. In relation to Lydia will she not transform because the Alpha was taken out before the full moon? Many questions. Not giving much away for those who avoid watching the previews. More questions in relations to will other packs start showing up? What about this new creature on the show? Many many questions and many more episodes to go will be a great season.

In the comments section of Price's review of these two episodes, someone suggested that maybe Jackson didn't transform because at the time he was bitten he had an infection from wolfsbane. I like that theory and it makes sense that wolfsbane in his system would prevent him from turning into a wolf. Another theory about Jackson is that since he's adopted, he may come from unknown origins which have prevented him from changing.

yutg25

[13]Jun 7, 2012

maedeux wrote:

I think that at some point in time Allison's dad is going to stop helping his dad or help Scott. He has yet to give Scott up to his dad and he was reluctant to let the other hunter kill Isaac.

Also, I think that Jackson put two and two together and realized that Isaac was a werewolf and that's why he told the cops all that stuff about Isaac and his dad. He's just jealous though I think that he's stupid if he thinks that Derek is going to let him do whatever he wants. Did anyone else think that he was way too cocky about watching himself shift for the first time and then when it didn't happen just laughed.

I'm not sure what Lydia is, but I've herd a lot of people suggest Banshee. Not sure how that would work, but only time will tell.

Is Jackson an idiot...No Jackson IS an idiot and insane. I never thought he deserved the bite and never believed he was going to shift. He was a douche the only reason he saved Lidia was because Styles and Uncle Alpha threatened him too. In this episode "Oh I get to change for the first time better make a video about it. He did it immense super stupidly way:

1. I lie on my bed naked in my room inside my house where my parents are 12 feet from the door He doesn't want anything. Whats to stop me from going out there and ripping apart my folks.

2. Just across the street from a house where someone was torn apart with Argents running around.

Guy has a freaking death sentence.

Now that I got that out of my system. It was a great episode. I didn't know it was a two hour thing but watch them both now. Did Lydia get prettier. I do kinda feel appalled about the whole thing. Styles was right there he saved her life he spent the entire weekend in the hospital and I don't even think she's thank him.

Snakeman...a kind of shifter I don't think its Lydia. The snake man seems to be focused on the new kid. His Father his house. A pattern no?

PS I laughed at Jackson.

Edited on 06/07/2012 7:11pm

WCSU1987

[14]Jun 7, 2012
    I think his adoption factor will come into play. They throw out so many quick blurps of characters backgrounds. Probably will string it all along.

RaizenYusuke

[15]Jun 9, 2012
    I think someoneon here said the lizard monster could be the photographer. I liked that idea. Lyida's story might be something else all together. I hoping the kid is something more than a romantic rival for Scott. I am not eager to jump into a love triangle very soon. Scott and Alison will haveenough problems with her family's now crazy genocidal plans. I laughed when Derek teased Scott about how he used his nose to find out the new werewolf.

LadyJade2827

[16]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 1

So after reading all the posts I have a few things I agree with a some that I think are way out there.

The Lizard thing-Agree that it could be the photographer, not sure if it is Lydia but you never know, and I kind of know where the person was going with it might be Jackson.

Lydia a Banshee-Come on people do you know your supernatural beings? A banshee is the soul of a woman that was wrong in life. They roam the wold screaming for what they lost. They are DEAD, Lydia is not.

I like the new characters Issac was a great addition to Derek's pack.

On why Jackson's body rejected the bite-I know that I am going from books and other supernatural stuff but from what I know of werewolves when they take a mate, the mate only has sex with their mate and can't willingly do it with others. But I also now that most alpha's are strong and can force things. If the alpha from the family pack forced another members mate into sex I don't think the mother would want to keep the baby.So it made me wonder if because Jackson was adopted did he come from a born werewolf family. The bite from an alpha of a different family would most likely not work. If he had only one werewolf parent the gene might not be active and only a bite from someone of his line can activate it, and I know most half-breeds are not wanted by families. What made me lean in this direction was the fact that Derek looked like he might know why or he was trying to figure it out while he was talking to Jackson. It's way out in left field but no one has gone there. We will just have to wait and see if they give us more on where Jackson come from.

TOTALLY AGREE! The Scott Allison thing makes me want to puke. They are still in high school and she lives with her parents. The best thing for them to do is lay low and wait till they graduate. Then they can get a place together and their parents can't stop them because they are adults. As for the love triangle idea, OH PLEASE NO. That has been beat to death by Twilight and X-Men. It has no place in this show. I would however like to see them give Derek a love interest, maybe it will help him see things through Scott's eyes.

Edited on 06/10/2012 8:48pm

KasperNielsen0

[17]Jun 12, 2012
    As for what Lydia might be, we have to consider the time this serie is (re)made in. Twillight, the Vampire diaries, True blod... Vampires are in, and I think it more likely, that Lydia is a vampire. This is a werewolf univers, so most likely the vampieres are going to be a lot weaker than the wolfs.

I think, that Teen Wolf (if Lydia actually is a vampire) will reinvent the vampires the same way, Twillight, the Vampire diaries and True blod have reinvented werewolfs. The blood cravings might be conditional, and the power in focus might be, that they are practically immortal.

All the things, there have happened to Lydia an Jackson in the 3rd episode draws thin lines towards vampires... However it is still circumstantial, and we have not seen anything conclusive yet. But I am really looking forward to finding out

PS is it not a little dangeroes to introduce 2 complitly new races to this show at the very same time?

RaizenYusuke

[18]Jun 12, 2012
    I think the creators said they were not going to use vampires.

KasperNielsen0

[19]Jun 13, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:

In that case, thank god for that

SweetMissJaye

[20]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 21

RaizenYusuke wrote:

Yes, I remember reading that somewhere also. And thank GOODNESS they won't use vampires because then there would be even more Twilight and TVD comparisons.