Teen Wolf Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music TelevisionBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion: Chaos Rising

RaizenYusuke

[1]Jun 10, 2013
    • level: 28

Talk about the episode here.

Edited on 06/10/2013 7:09pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mikelalba

[2]Jun 11, 2013
    • level: 5

Worse than previous chapter, in my opinion.

What was that? Did you believe even the half of it? I dont know. I really dont know how to explain, the concrete things that did not... fit.

But I spent the whole chapter with that feeling of "....mmmm.... No"

1.- Stiles old friend?s party. So suddenly, a party and in general... it felt out of character and of everything. Lets guess that Scott was followed and as Stile is the best friend they try to attack him somehow, it is clear that the "bait" issue is the normal method for the alpha pack.

But would not a parent be enough? or any usual character, why the need of the girl? "she was just there and we took her"???? mmmmm

2.- the vet moment.... I could understand that Scott thinks about the vet moment, but I didnt really get why it came all to that.

Stile discusses with his father, the great-big sheriff the missing girl case and then they link it with Isaac's memories? mmmm.

Not for the last time in the chapter it felt like they cut something, a scene was missing and so suddenly they want to learn from Issac and thus the vet can help them???? Too rush. mmmmmm, No, again.

3.- and on and on... I undestand Derek's reaction to Allison's symbol, but why would Scott or Stile have a look at it? they were searching for the bank's map, everything about the building and they dont link it to Allison's bruises? mmmm NO.

And the horrible ending, which could be the ending of any chapter, or just a scene put during the chapter. Once again, not fitting, just a cut and paste work with many scenes that didn t work. In my opinion, of course.

I hope it gets better.

mysticbeam

[3]Jun 11, 2013
    • level: 11

Well I am going to disagree with you because I thought last nights epiusode was a MASSIVE step up from the premiere. My thoughts:

- so the vet's daughter is a double agent or something? she finds alison in the alpha pack's headquarters and warns her to hide and wait for her cue to run. Later she turns up helping decaulion to try and kill derek and scott!? what the hell? . I find it very hard to believe that the vet knows nothing about this

- so erica is dead..that makes me sad because of the 2 i thought she had so much more potential as a charcter then bboyd.

- There was alot of comedy in this episode, alot of stiles moments which were sorely missing from the premiere. All of my favorite parts of the episode involed him from him trying to fins the condom in the bathroom and being concerned that it was "extra large" to slapping on a rubber glove in the vet's office to his condom falling out of his pocket in class. The scene with him and peter was great too. You know peter really just wanted to rip his head off or something but cant

- Those twins have had 0 lines of dialogue in 2 full episodes now. They just stand around and look what i guess is pretty. It might be early but i hate them already and that woman is close behind

- so where did that girl go? is she dead, is she somewhere else? they took her and she never turned up anywhere again

- derek's sister appearing out of the middle of nowhere was one of the major things that annoyed me this episode, it made no sense. Some kind of build up might have been nice

- alison will finally find out what her mother tried to do that night, i look forward to that

- got to feel sorry for isaac in this episode

- there is something up with lydia. I wish this show would hurry the hell up and explain what it is already.I wonder what it is she was having a nightmare about this time?. It has been said that she screams alot(and in the same way) because it is important to who what she is. Some different suggestions have been tossed around. I have heard Banshee which is impossible because the scream of the banshee killed whoever heard it and scott, stiles and allison have all heard her screams before and nothing happened. I have also heard siren whichI guess is possible but some things also dont make sense

-its nice tht scott himself adressed the problem of what the pack was doing for 4 months. However if , in this episode we saw why they waited i am incredibly disappointed

Preview for next episode shows scott asking alison's dad for help. the episode description says they go to an unlikely source for help but to me , at this point its a bit predictable. Also shows someone sticking a staff into the ground and it lights up..are we really going to get into spells in this show?

Edited on 06/11/2013 12:28pm
    Edited 4 total times.

RaizenYusuke

[4]Jun 11, 2013
    • level: 28

I liked the episode. I had no problem with Stiles wanting to go to a party or having a childhood friend he's never mentioned. I sure as hell don't go already mentioning to my friends about who I hang out with at 5. He needs to move on from Lydia anyway. What I'm trying to wrap my head about who kidnapped the girl. It may not have been the Alphas. We have the vet and his daughter who so far are a mystery. They alluded to something coming, which may or may not have been the Alpha pack.

Stiles brought comedy in the episode. I loved him through out all of it. His back and forth and Peter was gold. I wouldn't mind seeing them together in the future. I'm loving the new Scott. He's actually thinking now and actively trying to help and not whining about Allison. It's a major improvement over the last 2 seasons. In fact I liked how the writers have been downplayed Scott/Allison romance. They still have it, but it's not taking over the characters or the plot.

Derek's skepticism and snark toward Allison and Lydia was fitting. They have screwed him over in the past. Allison is still under the impression Derek is the reason her mother died since Scott refuses to tell her that her mom was trying to kill him. It says a lot about the character. He doesn't want her memory of her mother to be tainted. Where was Lydia's snark or sarcasm on how Derek tried to kill her when he thought she was the Kanima? She is usually good for those little comebacks.

Peter still not back to fighting speed It's been 5 months. Is this going to take him a year to restore his strength? Derek's comment on how no one likes Peter made me a smirk. I was disappointed that Erica was killed over Boyd. Her character was completely wasted. She had a lot of potential. I thought she could have been a good love interest for Stiles. I don't know why I'm disappointed. I'm sure next season she be resurrected. Seriously this show has a problem with keeping characters dead. Derek's sister who was established as dead since season 1 is now among the living again. The show had a close up to her face like we were supposed to remember her. I had no clue who she was until the fight. Let me guess Geard is still alive too, but turned into some abmonation right? Did he kidnap Stiles' friend?

I'm starting to not take death seriously in this show. They brought back Peter and now Cora.... They should have kept Erica instead of reviving another dead character. The vet's daughter I suspect is playing the Alphas for her father or she's being forced to help them. If she was really on their side I don't she would care if Allison got caught in the mix. The Alphas' plan to kill Scott and Derek I have a mixed opinion. I thought it was good, but it was elaborted and overly complex. Like someone said they waited 5 months before doing anything to spring this trap on them? This series is never what it seems though. I'm sure when we gethalf through the season we'll learn there is more to the Alpha pack and their plans then what it seems.

I'm wondering if Lydia is like the vet. All in all it was a good episode despite its flaws. Next episode Chrisgets back in thegame when Scott asks for his help. Derek may or may not consider making more werewolves.

mysticbeam

[5]Jun 11, 2013
    • level: 11

RaizenYusuke wrote:

I liked the episode. I had no problem with Stiles wanting to go to a party or having a childhood friend he's never mentioned. I sure as hell don't go already mentioning to my friends about who I hang out with at 5. He needs to move on from Lydia anyway. What I'm trying to wrap my head about who kidnapped the girl. It may not have been the Alphas. We have the vet and his daughter who so far are a mystery. They alluded to something coming, which may or may not have been the Alpha pack.

Stiles brought comedy in the episode. I loved him through out all of it. His back and forth and Peter was gold. I wouldn't mind seeing them together in the future. I'm loving the new Scott. He's actually thinking now and actively trying to help and not whining about Allison. It's a major improvement over the last 2 seasons. In fact I liked how the writers have been downplayed Scott/Allison romance. They still have it, but it's not taking over the characters or the plot.

Derek's skepticism and snark toward Allison and Lydia was fitting. They have screwed him over in the past. Allison is still under the impression Derek is the reason her mother died since Scott refuses to tell her that her mom was trying to kill him. It says a lot about the character. He doesn't want her memory of her mother to be tainted. Where was Lydia's snark or sarcasm on how Derek tried to kill her when he thought she was the Kanima? She is usually good for those little comebacks.

Peter still not back to fighting speed It's been 5 months. Is this going to take him a year to restore his strength? Derek's comment on how no one likes Peter made me a smirk. I was disappointed that Erica was killed over Boyd. Her character was completely wasted. She had a lot of potential. I thought she could have been a good love interest for Stiles. I don't know why I'm disappointed. I'm sure next season she be resurrected. Seriously this show has a problem with keeping characters dead. Derek's sister who was established as dead since season 1 is now among the living again. The show had a close up to her face like we were supposed to remember her. I had no clue who she was until the fight. Let me guess Geard is still alive too, but turned into some abmonation right? Did he kidnap Stiles' friend?

I'm starting to not take death seriously in this show. They brought back Peter and now Cora.... They should have kept Erica instead of reviving another dead character. The vet's daughter I suspect is playing the Alphas for her father or she's being forced to help them. If she was really on their side I don't she would care if Allison got caught in the mix. The Alphas' plan to kill Scott and Derek I have a mixed opinion. I thought it was good, but it was elaborted and overly complex. Like someone said they waited 5 months before doing anything to spring this trap on them? This series is never what it seems though. I'm sure when we gethalf through the season we'll learn there is more to the Alpha pack and their plans then what it seems.

I'm wondering if Lydia is like the vet. All in all it was a good episode despite its flaws. Next episode Chrisgets back in thegame when Scott asks for his help. Derek may or may not consider making more werewolves.

My question is this: even with 24 episodes will they have enough time to deal with the alpha pack AND whatever else this may be? Whatever took that girl had telepathic abilities or was invisible, neither of which werewolves have.

I agree the guidance councilor isnt really with the pack but answer this: If she is working with the alphas and she knew where they were all along(lets face it she had to because she was helping them) then how is it that the vet did not know where the alphas were hiding? Unless his daughter is doing whatever she's doing without him knowing

Decaulion seems extremely intelligent so if she is a double agent he either knows and just doesnt care or she is VERY good at playing both sides. Although its only been 2 episodes i can already say that he does not seem like someone who could be fooled very easily

whatever lydia is something that she does not know about. Either that or she's playing the ignorant and innocent roll exceedingly well

Edited on 06/11/2013 1:30pm
    Edited 2 total times.

darkbender24

[6]Jun 12, 2013
    • level: 12

I have a feeling that lydia AND Alyson will be suffering from the same effect. I think it has something to do with the mark the girl left them. Maybe she turned them into whatever she is.