Teen Wolf Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music TelevisionBetween Seasons

Renewed for season 3-24 episodes!

SweetMissJaye

[1]Jul 12, 2012
    • level: 21

I'm so happy that MTV announced that they've renewed the show for season 3. I'm happy and worried about the show being renewed for 24 episodes. 24 episodes means that they could have so much more story; more action and funny lines, more scares. But I'm worried about the dreaded "filler episodes" that lots of shows have. I'm hoping that twice the episodes will mean twice the action and excitement. Thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Adokensan

[2]Jul 13, 2012
    • level: 10
    The writers has in season 2 proven how truly great they are at what they're doing, so I actually don't have any worries. This show is amazingly creative, and the writers probably has many more stories to tell. SO glad that the show got renewed for 24 episodes!

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[3]Jul 13, 2012
    • level: 13
    Adokensan wrote:
    The writers has in season 2 proven how truly great they are at what they're doing, so I actually don't have any worries. This show is amazingly creative, and the writers probably has many more stories to tell. SO glad that the show got renewed for 24 episodes!

Indeed!

SweetMissJaye

[4]Jul 13, 2012

Adokensan wrote:

Someone posted elsewhere that they've said they're going to act like it's two seasons although it's actually one season, so that is great news to me. That means the pace won't slow down, which is what I feared, and we'll still get the same amount of action as we get now.

doctorwho747

[6]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 5
    SweetMissJaye wrote:

Adokensan wrote:

Someone posted elsewhere that they've said they're going to act like it's two seasons although it's actually one season, so that is great news to me. That means the pace won't slow down, which is what I feared, and we'll still get the same amount of action as we get now.

Yes but what could suck is that they might divide the season, so next summer they will air the first half and end it on a cliffhanger and we'll have to wait nine months for the second. Personally I would rather them have the 12 episode season so that we get the whole storyline and conclusion. Or even way better than that what MTV should do is delay season 3 to the fall of next year and run the show during the regular year long season. I think I speak for everyone when I say I think the show is awesome enough to do well during the fall to spring season, and with 24 episodes, 2 more than the standard 22 it could work, the only small problem about that is reruns but that's way better than waiting nine months on a cliffhanger

RaizenYusuke

[7]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 28
    I am glad it got a 3rd season. 24 episodes, sp the series is doing surprisingly well. So long as hey keep vampires out of it I am good.

SweetMissJaye

[8]Jul 15, 2012

doctorwho747 wrote:
    Yes but what could suck is that they might divide the season, so next summer they will air the first half and end it on a cliffhanger and we'll have to wait nine months for the second. Personally I would rather them have the 12 episode season so that we get the whole storyline and conclusion. Or even way better than that what MTV should do is delay season 3 to the fall of next year and run the show during the regular year long season. I think I speak for everyone when I say I think the show is awesome enough to do well during the fall to spring season, and with 24 episodes, 2 more than the standard 22 it could work, the only small problem about that is reruns but that's way better than waiting nine months on a cliffhanger

I would hate if the show took an extremely long hiatus in the middle of the season. But it might end up being the same (or similar) wait that we had between seasons 1 and 2. I think the show is strong enough to be successful in the fall or spring, but I prefer the show in the summer. My summers wouldn't feel right without Teen Wolf . Perhaps they could air the first half of season 3 in the summer and take a few months off before returning with more episodes in the fall? I can't wait to see what they do decide.

SweetMissJaye

[9]Jul 15, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I am glad it got a 3rd season. 24 episodes, sp the series is doing surprisingly well. So long as hey keep vampires out of it I am good.

Agreed. I hope to never see vampires on this show.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[10]Jul 16, 2012
    SweetMissJaye wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

Agreed. I hope to never see vampires on this show.

Agreed!

death_relic0

[11]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 1
    definately no vampires.. look what they did to vampire diaries. ghosts, were volves, vampires, witches, where there zombies as well? I dont remember. ....

But in any case, it seems the writers polished their skills as the show progressed. I mean first season was good, but it just kept getting better.. and better... and now this season 2 is like REALLY good..

RaizenYusuke

[12]Aug 14, 2012

***SPOILER***

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[13]Aug 14, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:

***SPOILER***

Agreed!

mikelalba

[14]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 5

is there any data for season 3? any rumour? or will it be around June even if there are 24 episodes? I dont know why but it seems strange to me to have a show from June to end of October.....

have you heard anything about it?

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[15]Aug 15, 2012
    mikelalba wrote:

is there any data for season 3? any rumour? or will it be around June even if there are 24 episodes? I dont know why but it seems strange to me to have a show from June to end of October.....

have you heard anything about it?

The link below may help you...

http://www.spoilersguide.com/teen-wolf/season-3-spoilers-whats-to-come/

mysticbeam

[16]Aug 16, 2012
    • level: 11

I assume we can discuss the spoilers you've posted in the link here? (thanks for that by the way). My thoughts on these spoilers:

1- Kind of intrigued, kind of not

2- stiles really needs to move on, this is just sad

3- good. I look forward to this , just how she does redeem herself

4- i wonder what exactly this means. What will they undergo?. As long as erica doesnt die im happy

5 - im most eager about this one. Of course the only question thats burning in my mind more right nowis what lydia is. I trust in a 24 episode span this can finally be explained

6 - This annoys me. I have to say im not really a fan of isaac as it is and him coming between scott and stiles realy isnt going to help in that regard.

7- how can i phrase this?..GOD NO! enough with the mother f*cking kanima already. The thing had so many twists and turns as it was this season, they got rid of it lets move on. The second part of that interests me a great deal. Could one or more members of this alpha pack be a relation to jackson?

8- this one makes me think that we will get an answer regarding lydia-- at least i hope so.

9- I question if this is necessary because everyone knows he couldnt help what he was doing

10 - not sure how i feel about this one. Scott, right now just does not have any of those alpha qualities. However i guess alot could change next season

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[17]Aug 16, 2012
    mysticbeam wrote:

I assume we can discuss the spoilers you've posted in the link here? (thanks for that by the way). My thoughts on these spoilers:

1- Kind of intrigued, kind of not

2- stiles really needs to move on, this is just sad

3- good. I look forward to this , just how she does redeem herself

4- i wonder what exactly this means. What will they undergo?. As long as erica doesnt die im happy

5 - im most eager about this one. Of course the only question thats burning in my mind more right nowis what lydia is. I trust in a 24 episode span this can finally be explained

6 - This annoys me. I have to say im not really a fan of isaac as it is and him coming between scott and stiles realy isnt going to help in that regard.

7- how can i phrase this?..GOD NO! enough with the mother f*cking kanima already. The thing had so many twists and turns as it was this season, they got rid of it lets move on. The second part of that interests me a great deal. Could one or more members of this alpha pack be a relation to jackson?

8- this one makes me think that we will get an answer regarding lydia-- at least i hope so.

9- I question if this is necessary because everyone knows he couldnt help what he was doing

10 - not sure how i feel about this one. Scott, right now just does not have any of those alpha qualities. However i guess alot could change next season

Agreed!

There was a few issues I thought should have cleared up in the show by now but hasn't. I have listed a few of them below:

1) What is Lydia and why was she immune to the alpha werewolf bite? 2) Did Peter Hale know what Lydia was and what was the full plan he had in mind when it came to her?
    3) What is the Vet.? Why hasn't he gotten more involved in matters? 4) What is the Guidance Counselor? Why hasn't she gotten more involved in matters?
    5) What is the Vet and Guidance counselor's relationship? How do they know each other?
    6) What really happened to Jackson's parents?
    7) Is there a supernatural connection with Jackson's parents which contributed to their deaths?
    Is Jackson some sort of supernatural being or hybrid?
    9) What was Grandpa Argent's pills for?

With there being some connection in season 3 between the Alpha pack that has just arrived, Jackson's parents, and Jackson, as alluded to in the spoilers, I don't see why we should have had to wait three seasons to get basic answers about Jackson and his past. I will be really pissed if we find out that Jackson's parents were part of that Alpha pack and were killed by Grandpa Argent...or something along those lines.

Also, we know crap about Lydia??!!?? This is ridiculus. Reminds me of when Isaac asked the Vet. who or what he was. I was like is it just Isaac and all of the Teen Wolf Fans who watch the show that wanna know the answer to that question??? It seems like nobody in the show cares enough to push for answer....

RaizenYusuke

[18]Aug 18, 2012

When they said questions will be answered we may have forgotten I instantly thought of Scott's father who was mentioned briefly in season 1 in the teacher and parent night they had at school. Someone on the finale thread that maybe Scott's father is part of the Alpha pack and I think it is a strong possibility.

Seems like another Jackson heavy season, which I hope I am wrong. His story is starting to overshadow the main characters. Guess Stilles and Erica pairing won't happen. I can dream next season it may shape up like that. I have to confess I am not a big Stilles/Lydia or Scott/Allison couplings.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[19]Aug 20, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

When they said questions will be answered we may have forgotten I instantly thought of Scott's father who was mentioned briefly in season 1 in the teacher and parent night they had at school. Someone on the finale thread that maybe Scott's father is part of the Alpha pack and I think it is a strong possibility.

Seems like another Jackson heavy season, which I hope I am wrong. His story is starting to overshadow the main characters. Guess Stilles and Erica pairing won't happen. I can dream next season it may shape up like that. I have to confess I am not a big Stilles/Lydia or Scott/Allison couplings.

That's just the thing about Scott's father. All the mother said about him in that episode was that they were better off without him. Other than that, I don't remember much else being said about him. Would have liked more details about Scott's dad before making him a prominent figure in Season three or part of the Alpha pack. In the movie Teen Wolf, Scott's Dad was a werewolf also so I could see a different version of that being used in Teen Wolf the series...

SarahZaki

[20]Oct 30, 2012
    • level: 2

Hi Guys ,

I just wanna know the air time of season 3 , I'm so excited and can't wait