Teen Wolf Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music TelevisionBetween Seasons

Scott and Stiles' Age?

jacephoenix

[1]Aug 24, 2012
    • level: 1

This has been confusing me for a while now. I can't figure out how old Scott and Stiles are. Since they're in the same classes, I assume they are in the same grade. The same goes for Allison, actually. But Scott was surprised when he found out that Allison was turning seventeen in season 1. This leads me to believe that they are sophomores. However, Stiles has his driver's license, and he's had it since S1 E1 which took place on the first day of school. So is Stiles older than Scott? He would have had to have been sixteen for six months already in order to have his DL. Unless he got held back, he can't be a sophomore. Or are Scott and Stiles both juniors, while only Allison is a sophomore?

Please help me make sense of this!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PhoebeHalliwell

[2]Aug 24, 2012
    • level: 2

Well in one episode Scott's mom said to Scott "you're gonna be held back. All your friends will be juniors while you're still a sophomore" but they all drive and have cars, which is weird. In real life a sophomore can't already have their license... that's why it's a tv show haha. But Allison is 17 cause member her birthday episode? She was embarrassed. So I guess everyone else is only 16 and a sophomore and Alison's 17 and supposed to be a junior, which still doesn't really make sense

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[3]Aug 27, 2012
    • level: 13
    PhoebeHalliwell wrote:

Well in one episode Scott's mom said to Scott "you're gonna be held back. All your friends will be juniors while you're still a sophomore" but they all drive and have cars, which is weird. In real life a sophomore can't already have their license... that's why it's a tv show haha. But Allison is 17 cause member her birthday episode? She was embarrassed. So I guess everyone else is only 16 and a sophomore and Alison's 17 and supposed to be a junior, which still doesn't really make sense

In real life, sophmore's can have their license...a Junior Driver's License. In most states, you can have a Junior Driver's License at 16. Also, most sophomores turn 16 before they become a junior...especiall if they were born before September. It is quite possible that Scott and stiles can be 16, driving and are sophomores. Since it has been established in the show that Allison has moved around a lot, it is quite possible that she may have been left back one year and may be older than Scott and Stiles.

jacephoenix

[4]Aug 27, 2012
    • level: 1

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    PhoebeHalliwell wrote:

In real life, sophmore's can have their license...a Junior Driver's License. In most states, you can have a Junior Driver's License at 16. Also, most sophomores turn 16 before they become a junior...especiall if they were born before September. It is quite possible that Scott and stiles can be 16, driving and are sophomores. Since it has been established in the show that Allison has moved around a lot, it is quite possible that she may have been left back one year and may be older than Scott and Stiles.

Okay, so I'll just assume that Stiles has a Junior DL. It'll make the show easier for me to watch. XD

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[5]Aug 29, 2012
    • level: 13
    jacephoenix wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    PhoebeHalliwell wrote:

Okay, so I'll just assume that Stiles has a Junior DL. It'll make the show easier for me to watch. XD

Agreed!

I had to make the same assumption for the same reasons and also believe that the Junior Driver's Licesnse laws of their state allows minors to drive after 9pm...cause in every state I know, its unlawful to drive after 9pm with a Junior Licesnse and they seem to drive around a lot in the dark of night....unless it gets really dark early where they are from. lol