Teen Wolf Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music TelevisionBetween Seasons

Who is the Kanima master?

mysticbeam

[21]Jul 24, 2012
    • level: 11

the question i have about matt being the master is this:

a couple of episodes ago we saw matt e-mail himself information about the kanima off of alison's computer tyo hiself. This would elad us to believe that up until that point he was not the one controlling it, its like he was searching for information himself ansd since alison had it realised its what he was looking for and took it.

That would raise suggest that there is more than one master and even, to me anyway that the master may not be set. Perhaps somehow the master can change.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GarySnapr

[22]Jul 24, 2012
    • level: 2
    mysticbeam wrote:

a couple of episodes ago we saw matt e-mail himself information about the kanima off of alison's computer tyo hiself. This would elad us to believe that up until that point he was not the one controlling it, its like he was searching for information himself ansd since alison had it realised its what he was looking for and took it.

That would raise suggest that there is more than one master and even, to me anyway that the master may not be set. Perhaps somehow the master can change.

Agreed. Matt looks like he doesn't know anything about the Kanima, but he maybe enjoys the power, and the protection. He knows about Scott, and the Argents, and maybe his "crush" on Allison could be an attempt to get closer to the Argents. Remember the quote Allison said to Gerard, know thy enemy, the way to win a war is to know everything about the enemy (Argents). It's really confusing ha! Can't wait til next ep!

mysticbeam

[23]Jul 24, 2012

GarySnapr wrote:
    mysticbeam wrote:

Agreed. Matt looks like he doesn't know anything about the Kanima, but he maybe enjoys the power, and the protection. He knows about Scott, and the Argents, and maybe his "crush" on Allison could be an attempt to get closer to the Argents. Remember the quote Allison said to Gerard, know thy enemy, the way to win a war is to know everything about the enemy (Argents). It's really confusing ha! Can't wait til next ep!

and another thing that came to my mind was that in that said episode jackson attacked matt, he knocked it him out and put him in a concussion for 6 hours. While matt was out cold the kanima was active.Now unless matt was faking being unconcious for allison in the moment and can communicate telepathically or set up a plan before hand with jackson then then that whole episode makes no sense.Because didnt the vet also say that what affects the master affects the kanima? if matt was unconscious in that episode than how was the kanima even able to still function?

it could all be part of an ellaborate plan , all scooby doo like where the guy in charge has the monster attack him or her to throw suspician off himself.

but then in "raving" if matt really is the master of the kanima and he wanted that black woman dead then why did he not do everything he could to kill her the first time?, he was right there.

there really has to be more than one master involved here..either that or perhaps more than one kanima because, if not when you think about it a lot of the stuff with matt just makes no sense.

On top of that i question if the masters are even working together. i feel like there could be , like i said above a situation where the kanima's master is capable of changing, just a case of whoever is needing of its services is able to control it.

throw in that matt is going around and trying to kill scott with a "good old fashion gun" in the next episode it just seems like this is a kid who has stumbled upon some great power but doesn't really understand how to use it. He must know scott is a werewolf if the master "sees all the kanima sees" . unless he's got some of those magic bullets from episode 4 in that gun, which i doubt it all seems a little pointless

There might be several associated masters, there might be several un affiliated masters or for some reason matt is acting alone

Edited on 07/24/2012 10:39am

GarySnapr

[24]Jul 24, 2012
    mysticbeam wrote:

GarySnapr wrote:
    mysticbeam wrote:

and another thing that came to my mind was that in that said episode jackson attacked matt, he knocked it him out and put him in a concussion for 6 hours. While matt was out cold the kanima was active.Now unless matt was faking being unconcious for allison in the moment and can communicate telepathically or set up a plan before hand with jackson then then that whole episode makes no sense.Because didnt the vet also say that what affects the master affects the kanima? if matt was unconscious in that episode than how was the kanima even able to still function?

it could all be part of an ellaborate plan , all scooby doo like where the guy in charge has the monster attack him or her to throw suspician off himself.

but then in "raving" if matt really is the master of the kanima and he wanted that black woman dead then why did he not do everything he could to kill her the first time?, he was right there.

there really has to be more than one master involved here..either that or perhaps more than one kanima because, if not when you think about it a lot of the stuff with matt just makes no sense.

On top of that i question if the masters are even working together. i feel like there could be , like i said above a situation where the kanima's master is capable of changing, just a case of whoever is needing of its services is able to control it.

throw in that matt is going around and trying to kill scott with a "good old fashion gun" in the next episode it just seems like this is a kid who has stumbled upon some great power but doesn't really understand how to use it. He must know scott is a werewolf if the master "sees all the kanima sees" . unless he's got some of those magic bullets from episode 4 in that gun, which i doubt it all seems a little pointless

There might be several associated masters, there might be several un affiliated masters or for some reason matt is acting alone

Yes, exactly! I don't necessarily think that Matt has always been the Master, he couldn't have been. Jackson paralysed him, and it still doesn't explain what the Chem Teachers car has been doing everywhere. I think the Master is subject to change from time to time, and when Jackson was drugged in Raving, Matt didn't seem effected (what affects the kanima affects the master), but the chemistry teacher looked a bit anxious at the Rave. Hopefully we find out more about what he (Chem Teacher) has to do with things.

doctorwho747

[25]Jul 24, 2012
    • level: 5
    mysticbeam wrote:

GarySnapr wrote:
    mysticbeam wrote:

Ok I am not exactly what percentage I was right, my theory was that Peter acting through Lydia was the master planning to resurrect himself by making Jackson from Kanima to wolf, possess his body, and kill Derek and become the Alpha again. So I got the acting through Lydia to resurrect himself right, but I just got the method wrong. And once again just like last season when my Alpha guess was wrong completely catching me off guard, the fact that Matt is the master did it again. So answers that once again lead to more questions. Ok answer 1. The Master: Somebody claimed that it was Isaac's dead brother Ken who was the master. Well Matt is clearly not Ken as Isaac interacted with him and would have recognized him, the brother enlisted in the army meaning over 18 and was KIA. But here's also something I said, when Stiles spoke to "Jackson" last week he asked "Is that you Jackson?" The answer "Us, we are all here" Than "Are you the one killing people?" "We are the ones killing murderers" I think Matt may still not be the real master, he could be the strongest of several spirits possessing Jackson, being given power from the real master who may be a witch or medium or necromancer whatever you want to call it and that is he he can be seen and heard. It's not just one but possibly several vengeful spirits, including Isaac's brother, and that is why the father was killed because he was abusing Isaac.

So I think that in the beginning the real master in an attempt to get revenge for the murder of an innocent, called upon it's spirit to control Jackson as the Kanima, which allowed it to be stronger and faster than a wolf. But as time went on and more murders happened I think the vengeful spirits of murdered people became drawn to Jackson making the Kanima even more stronger to the point that it heals from an entire clip of bullets and having it's throat slashed. Allison said that part of the legend was that eventually the Kanima turned on it's master and this could be why. The master had a list of specific targets that they meant to have killed, but now that other spirits have taken over the master is losing control and the Kanima will just keep on killing and growing stronger.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[26]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 13
    doctorwho747 wrote:
    mysticbeam wrote:

GarySnapr wrote:
    mysticbeam wrote:

Ok I am not exactly what percentage I was right, my theory was that Peter acting through Lydia was the master planning to resurrect himself by making Jackson from Kanima to wolf, possess his body, and kill Derek and become the Alpha again. So I got the acting through Lydia to resurrect himself right, but I just got the method wrong. And once again just like last season when my Alpha guess was wrong completely catching me off guard, the fact that Matt is the master did it again. So answers that once again lead to more questions. Ok answer 1. The Master: Somebody claimed that it was Isaac's dead brother Ken who was the master. Well Matt is clearly not Ken as Isaac interacted with him and would have recognized him, the brother enlisted in the army meaning over 18 and was KIA. But here's also something I said, when Stiles spoke to "Jackson" last week he asked "Is that you Jackson?" The answer "Us, we are all here" Than "Are you the one killing people?" "We are the ones killing murderers" I think Matt may still not be the real master, he could be the strongest of several spirits possessing Jackson, being given power from the real master who may be a witch or medium or necromancer whatever you want to call it and that is he he can be seen and heard. It's not just one but possibly several vengeful spirits, including Isaac's brother, and that is why the father was killed because he was abusing Isaac.

So I think that in the beginning the real master in an attempt to get revenge for the murder of an innocent, called upon it's spirit to control Jackson as the Kanima, which allowed it to be stronger and faster than a wolf. But as time went on and more murders happened I think the vengeful spirits of murdered people became drawn to Jackson making the Kanima even more stronger to the point that it heals from an entire clip of bullets and having it's throat slashed. Allison said that part of the legend was that eventually the Kanima turned on it's master and this could be why. The master had a list of specific targets that they meant to have killed, but now that other spirits have taken over the master is losing control and the Kanima will just keep on killing and growing stronger.

There could have been previous masters that were killed after the revenge was exacted. Also, it could be possible that the Kanima kills its master during some point of it being controlled by the master but the vengeance and/or the prime directive of the master(s) lives within the Kanima regardless if the master is alive or dead.

RaizenYusuke

[27]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 28
    This is really confusing. Matt is one of the masters we know. There is a possiblity that he is not the master the entire time or he is just one of them. Science teacher is either a red herring or one of the masters. It is hard to tell what is going to happen. At the start of the episode when Stiles dad said hey had the car at the scene of every crime and Stiles commenting on something was missing that could mean the teacher is being framed or he or Matt are somehow palying tug a war with Jackson or something else.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[28]Jul 26, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    This is really confusing. Matt is one of the masters we know. There is a possiblity that he is not the master the entire time or he is just one of them. Science teacher is either a red herring or one of the masters. It is hard to tell what is going to happen. At the start of the episode when Stiles dad said hey had the car at the scene of every crime and Stiles commenting on something was missing that could mean the teacher is being framed or he or Matt are somehow palying tug a war with Jackson or something else.

Agreed!

And it is so many plots and sub plots going on at the same time that it is hard to know what facts to apply to what storyline.

RaizenYusuke

[29]Jul 31, 2012
    The writers cleared up Matt's story. Now Geard is the master I fear what will happen ad who he will use Jackson against. It is bigger than just killing one lone werewolf pack.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[30]Jul 31, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    The writers cleared up Matt's story. Now Geard is the master I fear what will happen ad who he will use Jackson against. It is bigger than just killing one lone werewolf pack.

Agreed!

In the back of my mind, I saw that coming and it makes the most sense. Gerard's plan was to become the Kanima's master from the beginning. He can use the Kanima in the future to kill off all of the werewolves or anybody who stands in his way. The price he is gonna have to pay is probably becoming the Kanima at some point...

mysticbeam

[31]Jul 31, 2012

I just dont think that alot of the "rules" they have created for the kanima make sense. If it takes being bitten by an alpha wolf plus some other things to become a kanima than how does it make sense that the controll can eventually become one?

There is no such thing as the kanima is history so they really are just making this up as they go along in regards to what it can and cant do. I just think they have gotten carried away. Nothing they have tried works so whats left?

and how does it even make sense that matt was the one controlling the kanima the whole time when he was attacked by it and in that same episode he e-mailed himself information about it. Did he, at at that time still not know exactly what he'd found? . I could see the need to have the kanima attack him to throw suspician off himself if anyone was seriously even thinking of him as a suspect at all but no one really was.

GarySnapr

[32]Jul 31, 2012
    mysticbeam wrote:

I just dont think that alot of the "rules" they have created for the kanima make sense. If it takes being bitten by an alpha wolf plus some other things to become a kanima than how does it make sense that the controll can eventually become one?

There is no such thing as the kanima is history so they really are just making this up as they go along in regards to what it can and cant do. I just think they have gotten carried away. Nothing they have tried works so whats left?

and how does it even make sense that matt was the one controlling the kanima the whole time when he was attacked by it and in that same episode he e-mailed himself information about it. Did he, at at that time still not know exactly what he'd found? . I could see the need to have the kanima attack him to throw suspician off himself if anyone was seriously even thinking of him as a suspect at all but no one really was.

I think at the time he was controlling Jackson, he didn't know anything about the Kanima, or Werewolves for that matter. He e-mailed himself information about the Kanima from Allisons tablet to try and find out more about what he discovered. He didn't care about the risks involved, all he cared about was that it would kill the people that "killed him" (Isaac's brother "killed him" when he threw him into the pool at Isaac's place, unknowing that he couldn't swim, but the whole of the swim team were drunk so none of them tried to help Matt out, Matt, as far as we know, died in the pool, but Isaac's dad rescued him from the water, but somehow put the blame on Matt because he didn't tell anyone he couldn't swim) and Matt wanted to kill the whole swim team. When he was attacked, I, personally think that he was only doing that to see what the Kanima was capable of, probably to throw suspicion off himself also, although nobody even thought that it was him.

Sorry if that's a bit hard to follow, it's all just messing with my head, haha.

RaizenYusuke

[33]Jul 31, 2012

mysticbeam wrote:

That is what I do not get. I am starting to think the bestiary the hunters have is wrong. This is info gathered from hunters and how the things they have encountered, so some things could be way off.

Matt just knew Jackson transformed into it and that it followed his will, but had no idea what it was. In the episode he wanted Issca's dad dead and Jackson's first night (before the full moon) Jackson transformed and killed him. When he actually saw Jackson and realized he obeyed him he started using him to exact his revenge. When he the information Allison he had he read it and e-mailed it to himself to find out more information about it. He targeted himself my guess is to make sure no one suspected him.

mysticbeam

[34]Jul 31, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:

mysticbeam wrote:

That is what I do not get. I am starting to think the bestiary the hunters have is wrong. This is info gathered from hunters and how the things they have encountered, so some things could be way off.

Matt just knew Jackson transformed into it and that it followed his will, but had no idea what it was. In the episode he wanted Issca's dad dead and Jackson's first night (before the full moon) Jackson transformed and killed him. When he actually saw Jackson and realized he obeyed him he started using him to exact his revenge. When he the information Allison he had he read it and e-mailed it to himself to find out more information about it. He targeted himself my guess is to make sure no one suspected him.

I understand not wanting to have suspician on him but at that time, in fact up until the final minutes of "part guessed" no one was even looking at him.

What you say about the bestiary being wrong makes me suddenly realize that perhaps its not wrong so much as gerard is the one who made the entry. ..i guess thats a posibility. He probably knew that people would be looking for information and so gave them the wrong info.

RaizenYusuke

[35]Jul 31, 2012
    It was more to throw the audience off, since he was the new guy and people tend to suspect him. I guess he must have overheard Stiles suspect him or he was afraid the water weakness Jackson had would be a clue werewolves and hunters used to find him.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[36]Aug 1, 2012
    mysticbeam wrote:

Agreed!

I spoke about this in another thread. A lot about the Kenima still is unexplained. We kept hearing that Jackson will remain as a Kenima until he has resolved some issue in his past. How can he resolve any issue when his sole existence is to do whatever the master wants? Also, why did the Kenima attack Matt? That makes absolutely no sense.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[37]Aug 1, 2012
    mysticbeam wrote:

IThere is no such thing as the kanima is history so they really are just making this up as they go along in regards to what it can and cant do. I just think they have gotten carried away. Nothing they have tried works so whats left?

This whole changing into the monster you control was used before with the Pumpkinhead movies.