Teen Wolf

Frenemy

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jul 02, 2012 on MTV - Music Television

• Awesome Suspense!

Typically, I watch an episode at least 2 times in order to better understand the gestalt of all available nuances. Therefore, stay tuned for even greater wisdom (grin) as I've only had opportunity to enjoy this episode once. FRENEMY was a great example of how to engage an audience instantly with the thrill of a chase even if you have no clue as to who is being chased and why. I was beyond the edge of my seat and literally standing in front of my TV as Derek pursued the transformed Jackson through surprisingly empty streets. By the way, I know budgets can be limited, but too often Teen Wolf offers up cityscapes reminiscent of the Town of Mayberry vs. a bustling metropolis that can support a gay club loaded with a ton of hot guys let alone a line of them waiting to get inside!

I think the suspense would have been even more awesome had we more of a clue as to why the Kanima was in pursuit of Danny, or even knew where to find Danny. A psychic connection perhaps? The writers need to do a better job of fleshing out Jackson's motivation and how they tie into his serpentine persona. Overall, though, it was an exciting sequence of events and I am willing to forgive the unlikelihood of Stiles being able to steal a police van and hide out in the woods only because Jackson looked absolutely stunning while chained in the rear of the van.

And I am very much enjoying the long, slow drag out of the answer to the riddle surrounding Lydia. And Allison's mom needs more screen time as I'm sure the Kanima wouldn't do as well as he did with Derek in a head-to-head match up with this fierce momma. Okay, so finally I am thinking Grandpa is definitely the Master of all things Kanima. There is also more than one Kanima, and Lydia is about to transform into something rather amazing!
  • Frenemy

Frenemy was another perfect and exhilirating episode of Teen Wolf. The production was perfect and I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character and plot development. Grandpa Argent tightens his grip on the school and tests Allison which was fun to watch. I liked how Scott wanted to protect Jackson while Stiles and Allison weren't so sure. In the end Jackson learns some truth about himself and after overhearing the others doesn't seem to care much about them. It was awesome how Lydia startled Allison and ended up helping her figure out some vital information. I certainly look forward to watching what happens next because this series is so good!!!!!!!!!