Teen Wolf

Second Chance at First Line

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jun 06, 2011 on MTV - Music Television

• Get through this

So, I'm having a rewatch now that season 3 is completely over and going back to these first episodes, I am reminded of how many times I almost gave up on it in the beginning. My biggest problem in season one was that I actually hated the two leads--Scott and Allison. I got through the episodes by focusing on every other character and trying not to cringe every time the lack luster duo appeared on screen. But it's actually quite easy to do, as the supporting cast is excellent. I'm not just talking about Stiles, Lydia, Jackson and Derek. The adults on this show are phenomenal. I especially love Sheriff Stilinski. Derek isn't given much to do in this episode, but that's mainly because he's still a part of the "mystery of the Alpha" storyline.

The introduction of the hunters at the end of the first episode raised the stakes and there's a bit more action, but there's also a tremendous amount of whining from Scott that doesn't do anything for the likability of his character.
  • Don't Mind Seeing Till The End, But I Really Wanna See A Paranormal Girl in Season 2

Well, it kind of gets complicated for Scott to be in a dilemma of playing in that big lacrosse game because if he doesn't, he'll "lose" Allison to a new guy (whoever it is) introduced by Lydia. Lydia is more annoying than Allison, but as the saying goes (if there ever is), "Nothing so soothes our vanity as a display of greater vanity in others; it make us vain, in fact, of our modesty." I don't know whether anyone reading this gets what I mean..Anyway, I'm still watching this show as the male characters are funny & worried at the same time, especially how Stiles deal with his werewolf friend. So, (my fingers cross) hopefully, there is another girl...but she's a PARANORMAL girl..out of nowhere. I really wish I'm the writer for this show during season 2. I presume that my heroine that I've mentioned will appear during the midseason 2. It's gonna be a long wait for me....if the writers of Teen Wolf don't lift up the expectations of fans who are into paranormal girls. Yes, I'm one of them. Sorry to anyone who thinks I'm calling the female characters as damsels. SPOILER ALERT: BTW, I hope to see Allison & Lydia to become stronger girls (Lydia was bitten by a werewolf; Allison is a hunter.), but not as strong as my imaginary heroine. If she is real on this show.
  • Absolutely Dismal !another hour of my life wasted !

I always try and watch two episodes of a TV show before making a judgement.. I watched the pilot and thought it might have just a glimpse of potential... Boy was I wrong !

Rarely have I seen such trash. This show doesn't know what it wants to be.. It's a terrible mishmash of what seems to be popular at the moment..

Badly done werewolves.. tepid teen romance.. stupid coming of age stuff, lame sports "competition".. dark sinister "Bad guy", rugged "hunter".. so many feeble stereotypes.

The script is feeble, and the lead actor is always mugging at the camera.. I guess he was taught to "emote" in acting class. The acting as a whole is third rate, with the only glimmers of talent coming from the "New Girl/ Love interest" and the nasty girl leader of the popular set at the school.

This show is not so much Teen Wolf, as Lame Duck !
  • Second Chance at First Line

Second Chance at First Line was a good episode however not as good as I expected. The first episode was great, but this one took the series down a notch or two. I still enjoyed it for what it was, and it did continue the story, though I felt it was to easy to predict and though there are a few good story lines and acting, others are in need of immediate repair. I think the series still has potential and will give it a "second chance" (pun intended) and see what happens in the next episode of Teen Wolf. There is still a lot of mystery and many questions to be answered. The cast is decent and though this show is entertaining I feel it is more suited for the younger teens and doesn't quite have the same feel as my favorites!!!