Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)

Casey Jones: Outlaw Hero

Aired Unknown Nov 20, 1989 on CBS

• Solid

A hockey mask-wearing vigilante named Casey Jones is fighting crime in NYC. His heart is in the right place, but not his head. Meanwhile, Shredder and Krang are building a machine for Krang to take over the city. Can the Turtles come in time to save the day? A solid episode. I wish they could make more like this.
  • Casey jones makes his debut

good episode, I love how mysterious Casey is in this episode. Especially his exit in the end. You know I have forgotten on just how brutal Casey is. I know much of his beat-downs are supposed to be humorous to an extent. But you get the seance of barely controlled rage from him. Like in the opening scene where he shoves a guy through a basket ball hoop, and breaks a picture over another guys head. Was that necessary? I even find it disturbing that Raphael kind of like him and his admires his violent nature.

After watching this episode as an adult I get the impression that Casey is one of those guys who doesn't like law at all and just want lawless-ness, and a society that people survive on who ever is strongest. In other episodes that I've seen with him in them he seems to have an intense dislike for white collar incorporations and organized police forces. Almost like he is a revolutionist or some thing. I liked how his character was handled you just really wonder why he is pissed off at every one that he lashes out over tiny trivial things. He is a great ninja turtle recurring character.
  • Enter Casey Jones

I love that finally one of my favorate characters in the comic book series finally has his first screen showing. He's a little the same as his comic book predecessor a street vigilante who's kinda a cross between Clint Eastwood and Jason Vohees always determined to fight crime and has a good heart but if not always a good head and of course since this is the 80's version of Turtles he is slightly different. My only real gripe about this show is Casey never became a more stand out charcter in this TV show. And also the romantic love hate dynamic between April and Casey is nowhere in this show. This is also too bad since it always made both characters more intersterting and well rounded, might have even made April into more of a character in this 80's version.

Oh well, but what makes this episode great is seeing Casey in action just beating the crap out of each and every crook to the point where jail seems like a blessing. And he delivers some of the best one liners I've ever heard (the Clint Eastwood voice impersination acting was a brilant choice for the Casey character.) It's funny just seeing how rebelious he is toward the Turtles and their moral principles, thats understandable because he likes doing things his way, and supprising it works.