Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)

Casey Jones: Outlaw Hero

Aired Unknown Nov 20, 1989 on CBS

• Enter Casey Jones

I love that finally one of my favorate characters in the comic book series finally has his first screen showing. He's a little the same as his comic book predecessor a street vigilante who's kinda a cross between Clint Eastwood and Jason Vohees always determined to fight crime and has a good heart but if not always a good head and of course since this is the 80's version of Turtles he is slightly different. My only real gripe about this show is Casey never became a more stand out charcter in this TV show. And also the romantic love hate dynamic between April and Casey is nowhere in this show. This is also too bad since it always made both characters more intersterting and well rounded, might have even made April into more of a character in this 80's version.

Oh well, but what makes this episode great is seeing Casey in action just beating the crap out of each and every crook to the point where jail seems like a blessing. And he delivers some of the best one liners I've ever heard (the Clint Eastwood voice impersination acting was a brilant choice for the Casey character.) It's funny just seeing how rebelious he is toward the Turtles and their moral principles, thats understandable because he likes doing things his way, and supprising it works.