Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)

Cowabunga Shredhead

Aired Unknown Nov 13, 1989 on CBS

• Funny

Michelangelo is hypnotized not to eat pizza, after eating the Turtles' entire dinner, and it works. meanwhile, Krang and Shredder try to create holograms to replace the Turtles and the president. But Shredder is hit by a ray and thinks he's Michelangelo. Can they restore him back? It was a funny one, and my favorite from the Volume 4 pack.
  • This one made my head hurt!

This episode was bizarre for two reasons: One, Mikey is hypnotized into hating pizza. I mean Mikey! This is blasphemous, and yet because it is, its all the more wildly entertaining! Two, Shedder acts like Michaelangelo. I can understand Leo, maybe Don or Raph, but again MIKEY!! He clumsily tries to work a cheapskate, talks in that horrid surfer slang, and scarfs down pizza like nobody's business! Brilliant!
    Sometimes the best episodes are not when raw emotion is displayed, but when certain, well-established characters act totally contrary! True, the premise was corny, but that's the show! And I frankly canot think of any other reason Shredder would utter the phrase, "With mucho gusto, amigos!"
  • Vice president... hmmm... just a heartbeat away not bad.

One of the Best episodes ever! I love watching shredder being humiliated like that! It was kind of silly but it really worked!
    It starts off when the Turtles find out that Mikey ate the turtles last supply of pizza again! Don, Leo, and Raph go crying to splitner like children. Splinter takes his fatherly position a little too seriously and decides to take care of the problem by hyptnotizing Mikey to make him not crave pizza anymore!
    Meanwhile Shedder and Krang use their endless supply of technology that they can use to build anything from an evil death ray of doom to an easy bake oven, to build themselves a holographic synthazizer that can make holograms of anyone.Shredder recieves a disc that has all of Michleanglo\'s data on it, including his endlees cravings for pizza. He returns to the surface with the disc containing all mikey\'s data. However you would think that shredder would have learned by this point to do things for himself and stop letting Bebop and Rocksteady take care of extremely important phases in the plans. I don\'t see why Shredder couldn\'t have put the disc in the machine himself, He was looming over Rocksteady and Bebop while Bebop was putting the disc in backwords. So Shredder pays for him laziness and is struck by the beam making him think he is Michleanglo. Believing to be mikey, Shredder stops by the turtles lair with pizzas in tow. acting like and soundning just like michelanglo. Splitner uses his hyptnosis which he conveniently knows how to do in this episode, and tells shredder that whenever he hears the word micelanglo he will act like mikey but whenever he hears the word Shredder... He reverts back into the villian we all know and love.
    Mikey decides to split as he does in many occasions (He\'s just trying to get attention )
    So the turtles go in search of Mikey who coiencidentally gets kidnapped by Bebop and Rocksteady. (wow they actually succeeded in something) While Shredder aciddentally mutters his own name in a pizza parlor and tries to make a record size turtle pizza with leo and raph. While the REALLY slow pizzia oven works on cooking the turtles, Donatello discovers the master plan. And we still have enough time to watch a scene in which Shredder has a conversation with Krang and with time enough to spare to return back to the pizzaria. He returns in just the nick of time to retrieve the disc. Raph says mikelangalo and huzzah! the turtles are saved. Donatello figures out how to reprogram the disc because as we know all discs are reprogrammable. and the turtles set up a trick. The disc now makes multiple mikey\'s which set off Bebop and Rocksteady shooting at the Mike holograms like a drug addiction. The turtles save mikey,and shredder thinking he\'s Mikey again, saves the turtles before The ray hits Shredder reverting him back to normal, and Bebop and Rocksteady decide to tackle him, and all is back to normal.
    Splinter decides that no more pizzzia is a cruel and unusal punishment and lifts the hypnosis from mikey who eats more piazza than is leagal. A very funny episode and quite clever. The writng does suffer to make the characters live and to make the turtles win, but then again it always does! Occassionally the animation style got very cartoony (squashy and streatchy) but all in all a great episode!
  • "I crave pizza no more. I can't believe I'm saying this."

This episode is my favorite of the entire series. It's fun and hilarious in its plot holes and absurdity. Shredder brainwashed as Michaelangelo makes me laugh after nearly every line he says. So what that the technology used makes no real logical sense? So what if the entire episode begins with Splinter needing Michaelangelo to cease craving pizza, and ends with him seemingly forgetting that he wanted to eternally stop him from devouring all the pizzas in the house, and Splinter makes him crave pizza once more? It's crazy and it's ludicrous, and this series should not be any other way.