Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)

Donatello's Degree

Aired Unknown Sep 08, 1990 on CBS

• Donatello gets his degree, but only if he's a girl!

I liked the Donatello+Irma team-up in this episode. I thought it was awsome that there was an episode where the two acted as a team and interacted. I know this is all silly fan girl wishing but I always thought that there was some under laying attraction between these two characters. And I thought it was interesting that Don chose Irma to go and impersonate him instead of April (although logically he probably didn't choose April because every one knows she is a reporter and any one would reconise her..but still). Another thing about that this episdes showed is how the other turtles seem to sort of resent Donatello and his intellect. They all seemed pretty annoyed that his intellect gave him special privledges to skip out on spring cleaning. And the turtles seemed pretty unsupportive and insenceative to his plight at not being able to get his diploma. I mean considering how hard he worked for it you would have thought they would have more condolance to give other than "tough tortias Donatello".