I figured out who made Shredder's voice

Woodpecker1940

[1]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 6
    Some of us on here wonered who was making Shredder in 1989 episodes where his voice was performed by a different actor. Many people said it was Jim Cummings but the voice didn't sound anything like Jim Cummings voice. I was convinced it wasn't Cummings. Ok, I was watching Spider-Man: the animated series yesterday (I obviously hadn't watched it in a while because it needs a proper DVD release) and I saw an episode with Tombstone in it and I thought that voice sounded familiar. And I know of Tombstone's voice actor and I know he did some voice work on this show. Then it hit me, this guy sounds like that Shredder voice from Season 3. This guy also replaced James Avery as War Machine on Iron Man. I can believe the answer was right in from of me and I didn't see it. The dude who makes Shredder's voice in those episodes is none other than,... Dorian Harewood.
    Edited on 07/27/2006 1:33am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ToniMontana804

[2]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 15
    I figure it was him, but I don't see why they cast him, though. He sounded nothing like James Avery. The only person who came close to sounding like him was the voice actor from the darker seasons.

Woodpecker1940

[3]Sep 10, 2006
    • level: 6
    I also figured out the 1989 and "european vacation eps." Raphael alternate, it's Thom Pinto.