Notes from your Editor (Updated 08/06/07)

RaijinPaladinix

[1]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 52

"Why are the episodes not in airdate order, but production code order?"

That's the way the episodes were produced, that's the order they belong in. The production code reflects the episode lifetime number, so it's in that position. And the airdate reflects the season number. The main reason why so many of the episodes' season numbers are thrown around is because they were aired out of order when syndicated. The official TMNT site and imdb.com put them in this order, but the actual production orders are not correct. Even CBS started to show episodes out of production order, especially between 1990 and 1993.In "syndication," a business owns a show and sells it out to whoever will show it. This was what happened to TMNT until CBS started to permanently air it on Saturdays in 1990.

Whoever decided to by TMNT from the syndicate showed the episodes in whatever order they felt suited the show. But this doesn't do anything to the episode's continuity (in most cases), alright? For example, Leatherhead: Terror of the Swamp and Enter the Rat King were produced and aired before Leatherhead Meets the Rat King. If you want to see the episode season number, like "3-3" for example, (if you don't already), go to your prefs and make it so. That way, it shows the airdate order. And the DVD order isn't correct either. That's most likely the way the episodes would have been shown in if they weren't aired all wacko.

But the episodes won't be put in airdate order, because then they'd technically be out of order. That's basically it. And any forums asking about it will be locked, I've explained this about four times so far in the past month.

"I don't understand. Is the Volume number Season number?"

NO. Regardless ofwhat manyInternet DVD retailers that I've visitedand what some verynefarious people on E-Bay think, no. I 'm tired of seeing the Volume 4, 5, and 6 covers claiming to be called "seasons." And people who on E-Bay say "Volume 6 features all 12 episodes from Season 6!" Everyone be careful. I know some of you may be, "Well, duh." But I've even seen official catalogs that are incorrect on the whole volume/season debate.

Edited on 08/06/2007 6:55pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaijinPaladinix

[2]May 31, 2007

The corrections for the episode airdates, production codes, and all episode numbers are complete. Now cast cleanup is my main priority, mainly in later seasons.

And August 7, as you've probably seen on ToneMaster_21's thread and blog, is Season 5's DVD release. (You guys probably already knew that, but the more the word is spread, the more people will know.)

RaijinPaladinix

[3]Jul 8, 2007
    Still trying to do a cast cleanup. Unsuccessful, since I can't delete anything that's not on the main crew.

And since things are a little crazy right now, everyone hold off your submissions for a bit.

RaijinPaladinix

[4]Aug 6, 2007

The episodes included on the Season 5 release are included on tone-master21's thread and blog (they are the 18 episodes included on the Season 5 episode list on the guide as well).

Until the TV.com staff deals with the horrible cast problem where you cannot add more than 6 actors, the Season 6 episode casts and the majority of the Season 7 casts can't be edited. So it will probably be several, several weeks from now until I can get to those seasons. The firstthree seasons have their episodic casts completely corrected, and most of the fourth and fifth do.

RaijinPaladinix

[5]Oct 27, 2007
    The cast edits are done. There may be a few spotty episodes in Season 4, but everything should be correct. Enjoy.