What I can't understand is

Monkey-kid

[1]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 20
    with the new series soaring popularity, why has no network picked up this series. There are several stations I could see airing this, like Jetix, infact when Toon Disney first lauched I had this strange feeling that they would air it, I don't know why it was just a feeling. If WB wants to compete against 4kids espically with losing two of their top rating show, Pokemon and Yugioh, their going to need big competition against the Turtles, so why don't they pick up this one. Even Adultswim could pick this up, I mean they aired Saved by the Bell and Pee-Wee's playhouse, so why not this.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bebop345

[2]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 37
    I would'nt say the new series is that popular,its liked but its no phenoneman like the old tmnt show. The reason that this show is not on the air is the rights to it, no network have the rights to it and I do not think they will bring it back for a long time unfortunalty.

RaijinPaladinix

[3]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 52
    Monkey-kid wrote:
    with the new series soaring popularity, why has no network picked up this series. There are several stations I could see airing this, like Jetix, infact when Toon Disney first lauched I had this strange feeling that they would air it, I don't know why it was just a feeling. If WB wants to compete against 4kids espically with losing two of their top rating show, Pokemon and Yugioh, their going to need big competition against the Turtles, so why don't they pick up this one. Even Adultswim could pick this up, I mean they aired Saved by the Bell and Pee-Wee's playhouse, so why not this.

It's owned by Lions Gate,since they have DVD rights. And they don't have a network. I'm sure that Disney would have its eye on it if it did air. Adult Swim wouldn't pick it up, I'm sure of that.

And 4Kids hasn't lost Pokemon, it's just moving to Cartoon Network. WB dropped it because of the new VA's for Season 9.

meleeunbeatable

[4]Jul 19, 2006
    • level: 46
    Yeah I was surprised they haven't reaired it yet either, but you can't do much when it comes to all that rights crap.

DagetAwayMaN421

[5]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 6
    I find it ironic that disney wouldn't choose to air it since they had a hand in the show at some point. It would be good on toon disney.

meleeunbeatable

[6]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 46
    Yeah but Disney's to busy making all this crap to put on tv.