Who is Planning on Buying the Whole Series?

RaijinPaladinix

[21]May 14, 2006
    • level: 52
    Every four months a new DVD is to be released.  So in August.  That's what I heard, and if memory serves, the lapse between 3 and 4 was four months.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Krangstein

[22]May 14, 2006
    • level: 7
    I wonder if they'll stop after relaesing Vol. 6, or continue with season 4 in 2007.

Ripcord83

[23]May 15, 2006
    • level: 4
    i have all the dvd's so far, i plan to buy every season up to season 9.
    when dregg & carter came the show went downhill for me.

SageNinja0033

[24]May 18, 2006

RaijinPaladinix wrote:
    I think there might be trouble when crossing over to Season 4, when CBS inherited the show.  The first three seasons were syndicated between USA and FOX from 1993 to late 1995.

That is what I am afraid of, that after season three fans will stop buying the series and not give it a chance because the actions aspect of the series gets toned down a bit. I just hear allot of fans saying that they think the series kind of sucked after season three (which is such a croc!) and they where going to stop getting the dvds.

If allot of fans have this mentality than we can all forget about the entire series making it to DVD. Which would suck because I genually liked seasons after season three and I want to be able to see these episodes again. Thats why I asked how many people where planning on buying the whole series without stopping after a certain season for what ever reason, to see how many people have "seasons after season three suck" attitude so I can judge how hopless the situation was.

oh...and to those that are planning to not buy there series after Michaelangelo loses his nunchuckes...please don't let that stop you, its really a very trival thing.

RaijinPaladinix

[25]May 18, 2006
    I never noticed it until a few years ago.  And Seasons 4 and 5 may be a little bad compared to the first three, Seasons 6 and 7 are flawless.  And Seasons 4-7, and maybe even through 10 were not syndicated, only CBS showed these, except when FOX would on a rare basis show Season 4 and USA suprisingly showed all of Season 4 and all of 5 up to "Enter: Mutagen Man."  There may be a few speed bumps along the way, but they can't quit now.  Collectors who just want the DVDs for pure value will scream at LionsGate to release these.  And LionsGate is just a warehouse for DVDs from other companies pretty much, so them actually purchasing the sow putting these on DVD themselves makes me give them a clap.  And if they put the last few episodes of 10 on the first DVD, that makes me know that they have the entire show.

freakazoid00

[26]May 23, 2006
    • level: 2

i didn't know he had the grappling hook in only a few eps. i thought he lost the chuks when they went to cbs. i thats so then i might buy the rest after all. plus i didn't really watch any of the cbs show so it might actually be better than i thought; but i do agree that carter is a major suck point. i liked the guy who did dregg's voice because he later went on to do the voice of megabyte from reboot.

RaijinPaladinix

[27]May 23, 2006
    Tony Jay was perfect doing Dregg's voice.  He made Dregg interesting.

Woodpecker1940

[28]May 23, 2006
    • level: 6
    I plan on buying the whole series. Even the last three seasons. I think Seasons 1-7 were the best work they did. I can't wait until they release them.

RaijinPaladinix

[29]May 23, 2006
    Personally, I thought Season 7 was a jewel.

Krangstein

[30]May 23, 2006

RaijinPaladinix wrote:

Including the European Vacation? Do you think that will be released on DVD too?

Woodpecker1940

[31]May 24, 2006
    Krangstein wrote:

RaijinPaladinix wrote:

The European Vacation episdoes were suposed to air durring Season 4 right after the Season 4 premire "Plan 6 from Outer Space". They shouldn't even be considered as Season 7 episodes. I hope they get released on DVD and IN PRODUCTION ORDER NOT AIRDATE ORDER! What scares me the most is that some of the episodes after Season 3 might not be released in correct order.

Krangstein

[32]May 24, 2006
    Woodpecker1940 wrote:
    Krangstein wrote:

RaijinPaladinix wrote:

The European Vacation episdoes were suposed to air durring Season 4 right after the Season 4 premire "Plan 6 from Outer Space". They shouldn't even be considered as Season 7 episodes. I hope they get released on DVD and IN PRODUCTION ORDER NOT AIRDATE ORDER! What scares me the most is that some of the episodes after Season 3 might not be released in correct order.

I hope the The whole fourth season will be released before the European Vacation, I'm nat that crazy about that side season any way.

RaijinPaladinix

[33]May 24, 2006
    When they waited that long to show the European Vacation (I can't believe we're using a movie name to refer to them by), it was evidence that ideas were running short.

Woodpecker1940

[34]May 25, 2006
    Krangstein wrote:
    Woodpecker1940 wrote:
    Krangstein wrote:

RaijinPaladinix wrote:

I hope the The whole fourth season will be released before the European Vacation, I'm nat that crazy about that side season any way.

Why? that would mess up continuity.

Krangstein

[35]May 25, 2006
    Woodpecker1940 wrote:
    Krangstein wrote:
    Woodpecker1940 wrote:
    Krangstein wrote:

RaijinPaladinix wrote:

Why? that would mess up continuity.

But it's out of place.

Krangstein

[36]May 25, 2006
    Have they (Lion Gates) made any statements about future releases. Many people complain that they're going to stop releasing after the third season. I really hope that's bull.

RaijinPaladinix

[37]May 25, 2006
    No, they haven't and they probably won't because they have one of the most highest-rated 1989 cartoons in their possessions.  Don't listen to the crap other people say, Krangstein.  If they put Season 10 episodes on the DVD, it is proof that they must have the whole show. 

Krangstein

[38]May 25, 2006

RaijinPaladinix wrote:
    No, they haven't and they probably won't because they have one of the most highest-rated 1989 cartoons in their possessions.  Don't listen to the crap other people say, Krangstein.  If they put Season 10 episodes on the DVD, it is proof that they must have the whole show. 

I hope you are right. But why would they release episodes from season 10 as bonus episodes on the first season release if they were planning on releasing it all again later?? I guess I'm just worried the sales will drop after the third one. Have you any idea how much the DVDs are selling?

Krangstein

[39]May 25, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
    Edited on 05/25/2006 9:30pm

RaijinPaladinix

[40]May 25, 2006
    They vary.  Columbia House usually runs about $10, but has lowered them as of late.  But I spent $18 on Vol. 4 on ebay, because it wasn't yet on Columbia House yet.