Who is Planning on Buying the Whole Series?

kerfootw

[61]Aug 17, 2006
    • level: 14
    [This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
    Edited on 08/17/2006 8:53pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Shawn_1978

[62]Aug 21, 2006
    • level: 1
    I plan on buying the whole "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" classic series as well. I didn't get to watch the whole series after it changed to Saturday mornings on CBS.

It will be nice to catch up on what I missed over the years. I used to tape the series and I would watch it, every day, after coming home from school. I have almost all the episodes from Seasons 1-3. Also, I recently bought three videos of Season 4's "Sewer Heroes Collection" set. They are titled as follows.

"Leonardo Lights UP" Also includes the episode: "Leonardo Versus Tempestra."

"Raphael Meets His Match." Also includes the episode "Raphael Knocks Em Dead."

and "Michaelangelo Meets Bugman" and "What's Michaelangelo Good For?"

I've also noticed that alot of people are having concerns about whether or not that the series will be fully released or not. I'm very sure that it will. Lion's Gate Films bought out Artisan Home Entertainment's entire library of Cartoon entertainment, including the Turtles series.

As for the release of Volume 5, it will be availabe August 29, 2006. I've already pre-ordered it. I will get it sometime in the beginning of September 2006.

Shawn_1978

[63]Aug 21, 2006
    You may want to rethink that. I recently went on the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" official website (www.ninjaturtles.com) and found out that Shredder and Krang are in 3 episodes of the final season which was season 10. Here are the names of the episodes they were in.

""The Power of Three."
    "A Turtle In Time."
    "Turtles to the Second Power."

If you want to read episode synopsis on the show, go to the offical website and click on "TMNT TV." It will have all of the Turtles series that are currently on TV, as well as any previous one. After the page loads, The classic series is on the very bottom.

Shawn_1978

[64]Aug 21, 2006
    I bought all of my turtle DVDs, including Volume 5, (pre-ordered from another website for $9.96 It was an awesome price, considering the list price is 14.98.

I remembered seeing Season Two in a Toys R Us store and they were selling it for 19.99. Forget that. This website saves me half that prices. Also, the shipping and handling charges are only $1.40. add that to 9.96 and you get it for only 11.09.

Plus, I knew back in July when it was being released and got a sneak peek at what the next DVD will look like.

Volume 5 has Raphael on the font cover, with one of his sais in hand. It looks very sharp. (the picture that is, not just his sai.) ;-)

soon they're going to run out of ideas on what artwork to put on the front cover of the DVD cover, so I'm going to suggest a few idea here.

Maybe laters they'll put pictures of Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Splinter, and even April on the covers as well. That way nobody will know that it's a different volume each time. Also it would be cool to see some artwork of the bad guys as well. Not just the turtles.

Who knows maybe after the release Season 10, it'll have some DVD extras which include some "Behind the Scenes" footage of the actors who played the characters voices. Maybe even an interactive game of some sort. maybe like a turtles "Rescue April" Game. Kind of like how the Disney Animated Features, like "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" are doingg.

I think that would be cool, even if the prices were to go up a bit on it.

Shawn_1978

[65]Aug 21, 2006
    Shawn_1978 wrote:
    I bought all of my turtle DVDs, including Volume 5, (pre-ordered from another website for $9.96 It was an awesome price, considering the list price is 14.98.

I remembered seeing Season Two in a Toys R Us store and they were selling it for 19.99. Forget that. This website saves me half that prices. Also, the shipping and handling charges are only $1.40. add that to 9.96 and you get it for only 11.09.

Plus, I knew back in July when it was being released and got a sneak peek at what the next DVD will look like.

Volume 5 has Raphael on the font cover, with one of his sais in hand. It looks very sharp. (the picture that is, not just his sai.) ;-)

soon they're going to run out of ideas on what artwork to put on the front cover of the DVD cover, so I'm going to suggest a few idea here.

Maybe laters they'll put pictures of Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Splinter, and even April on the covers as well. That way nobody will know that it's a different volume each time. Also it would be cool to see some artwork of the bad guys as well. Not just the turtles.

Who knows maybe after the release Season 10, it'll have some DVD extras which include some "Behind the Scenes" footage of the actors who played the characters voices. Maybe even an interactive game of some sort. maybe like a turtles "Rescue April" Game. Kind of like how the Disney Animated Features, like "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" are doingg.

I think that would be cool, even if the prices were to go up a bit on it.
    Want to know where I got my DVDs for 9.96? Overstock.com. It's an AWESOME website.

You can find almost any hard to find titles there.

Krangstein

[66]Aug 21, 2006
    • level: 7
    I'll buy the whole series, twice too boost the sales

kerfootw

[67]Aug 21, 2006
    You know as well as I do not to buy anything twice just for yourself.

meleeunbeatable

[68]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 46
    haha yeah buying it twice is kinda pointless, pester some one you know to buy it.

Krangstein

[69]Aug 22, 2006
    I do that also

meleeunbeatable

[70]Aug 23, 2006
    haha well that works

Canada_Champ

[71]Sep 1, 2006
    I plan on buying the whole series as well.

In Canada, they aren't selling any volumes of 1987 TMNT in stores (with the exception of Vol 1), so us Canadians have to purchase them all online.  I dont know why they dont sell them in stores up here in Canada, I'm sure they would sell quite well.

I'm guessing that the series will probably be around 16 volumes, probably with the last 2 volumes being the combined seasons 8 and 9 (Vol 15), and then season 10 with a lot of extras (Vol 16).  The only way they can justify putting only 8 episodes on one release would be to include a lot of extras (or any extras at all; at this point we've gotten none on the first 5 releases).

kerfootw

[72]Sep 2, 2006
    Four seasons is it for me, mainly if Volumes 5 and 6 don't dissapoint. 

bebop345

[73]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 37
    I think after they pass season 4, the seasons are much smaller, and they will hopefully release whole season dvds.

Krangstein

[74]Sep 3, 2006

kerfootw wrote:

You won't be disappointed with volume 5 and 6, they contain the best episodes from season 3.

kerfootw

[75]Sep 3, 2006
    Krangstein wrote:

kerfootw wrote:

You won't be disappointed with volume 5 and 6, they contain the best episodes from season 3.

Are you sure?  I already know that "Super Bebop and Mighty Rocksteady", "Beware the Lotus", and "Shredderville" are great but I'm not so sure about the rest.  From what I've read on Usagi's episodes, he sounds not even close to as cool as the new series version, he sounds like a confused anti-hero than help to the Turtles.  I can tell "Pizza by the Shred" and "Michaelangelo's Birthday" are going to be kiddy.  And Shredder's going to be running away as usual.

bebop345

[76]Sep 4, 2006
    • level: 37
    I reckon they want be all that bad, I haven't seen some of the episodes for years.

Krangstein

[77]Sep 4, 2006
    kerfootw wrote:
    Krangstein wrote:

kerfootw wrote:

Are you sure?  I already know that "Super Bebop and Mighty Rocksteady", "Beware the Lotus", and "Shredderville" are great but I'm not so sure about the rest.  From what I've read on Usagi's episodes, he sounds not even close to as cool as the new series version, he sounds like a confused anti-hero than help to the Turtles.  I can tell "Pizza by the Shred" and "Michaelangelo's Birthday" are going to be kiddy.  And Shredder's going to be running away as usual.

The episodes on volume 5 were mostly written by David wise and Michael Reeves, who were famous for writing the very best episodes. Davis wise wrote all 5 episodes of the first series btw. So yes, I can promise 100%, the episodes on volume 5 are MUCH better than the episodes on vol. 4. Just check it out man. The dvd doesn't cost much.

kerfootw

[78]Sep 4, 2006

This is hardly a show where I'd picture Michael Reaves as a writer.  His dark persona's made it evedent thanks to his work on shows like Dungeons and Dragons, Batman: TAS, and Gargoyles, that it was always hard to picture him here. 

RaijinPaladinix

[79]Sep 4, 2006
    • level: 52

David Wise is probably the one who wrote the best episodes. My favorite episodes are all out of Season 7, the season where it changed into a dark show but before the whole weird thing 8, 9, and 10 had. Episodes like Invasion of the Krangazoids, Revenge of the Fly, Atlantis Awakes, Combat Land, Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter!, and Shredder Triumphant are on my tops list.

meleeunbeatable

[80]Sep 8, 2006
    Yeah Season 7 was very good. Dirk Savage Mutant Hunter was one of my favorites.