Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)

Invasion of the Turtle Snatchers

Aired Unknown Nov 14, 1989 on CBS

• Rough

4.5
    Donatello and Rocksteady are abducted by aliens, and Shredder wants their weapons. Can the Turtles stop him from getting them? Rough episode. Except for the fission and fishing joke.
  • Pretty exciting. Nice 1989 episode.

Ninja Turtles had some pretty classic episodes dished out in their year of fame, '89. This particular one featured aliens who came back to claim a deadly weapon. A good story line to start, but the addition of Shredder, Krang, and the mutants gave the story energy to feed off of. The "fission-fishing joke" with Bebop and Rocksteady made me bust a gut. I love word misusage like that; it's hysterical!

Then to move the story along, Donatello is abducted by aliens. A good choice-- I'm sure none of the others would have figured out the situation and cooperated with Rocksteady that well. But when Donatello makes friends with the aliens, he should have never turned his back on Rocksteady. Once he relayed the coordinates to Shredder, Donatello had to spring into action to stop Shredder. Perfect action at the glue factory fight: classic Turtle action. But when Nikto's toy was about to blow at the fission reactor, Shredder made his move. A dumb one, since Chernobyl Part II was about to happen in New York. But, a very corny ending-- the toy was out of batteries? LOL, that's so cheesy and cartoony that the entire situation boiled down to that one fact. But, it's the show that we've come to expect this zany humor from.