Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)

Leonardo Lightens Up

Aired Unknown Sep 29, 1990 on CBS

• Leonardo gives his brothers what they want

6.8
    Not this best episode in the world but very insightful on Leonardo's character if one bothers to look. I think this episode under scored Leonardo's deep psychological frustations of always having to be the responciable one and the one to keep the other turtles in check. On some level it must really make him feel alienated from his brothers to be put in this postion. Its like he never catches a break, he has to be leader in battle sitautions and big brother in domestic situations. He can never been on eqaul footing with the other turtles because he has to keep them in line. And they think he is up-tight because of that.

I think deep down Leonardo wants to be able to be care free and have fun and be able to relate with his peers, and let someone else do the leading and be responicable. Also I have a feeling on a subconscience level Leoanrdo was pulling all those pranks on the guys to get even with them for being able to be more care free than he can. Over -all nice episde but not the best, since I thought him as a surfer turtle was annoying as hell, and it's execution could have been better. this could have been a great character delving episode if it wherebn't so silly and with a cliche villan.
  • The Lighter Side of Things

This I felt was one of the funniest episodes of all. It was both hilarious and rather disarming seeing my favorate character Leonardo act out of character. It all starts of with the other turtles as usual tired of Leonardo's serious attitude. Only this time Leo has crossed the line with them so they shoot Leo with a altering personality ray. This of course brings out a more lighter side to him, almost similar to Michaelaglo's persona only ten times fold. This is of course not a good think to all of the turtles. From being a total goof off and worse playing one too many practical jokes on the others like an exploding turkey. They thought Leonardo gave them grief when he was serious, but they get even more grief when he's not serious. Ironic isn't it.