Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)

Return of the Shredder

Aired Unknown Oct 01, 1988 on CBS

• Baxter's second appearance on the show.

This is my review for the TMNT episode "Return Of The Shredder". It is an episode that I remember seeing on TV and video when I was a kid. It is about the Turtles relaxing after defeating Shredder and Krang by sending them and the Technodrome into Dimension X, where Krang is from. But then, Krang decides to teleport Shredder back to Earth, only without any weapons or henchmen at his side. Shredder decides to free Baxter Stockman from the asylum that he was kept after being defeated in the first episode he appeared in so that Shredder can use his assistance. Shredder also decides to train a bunch of students at a karate dojo to pose as a criminal group called "The Crooked Ninja Turtle Gang" and get the real Ninja Turtles in trouble. While the Turtles go out to deal with Shredder, Baxter captures Splinter with a new rat-catching machine he invents. To make a long description short, the Turtles defeat Shredder, save Splinter, and deal with the imposter Turtles on the same episode. A memorable classic.