Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)

Slash - The Evil Turtle from Dimension X

Aired Unknown Sep 29, 1990 on CBS

• Slash the turtle makes his

7.1
    This was a good episode I really liked Slash and the business men's plan. However I really felt bad for Slash in this episode, the way every one kept using him and tricking him. I under stand the turtles desire to clear their names for all the destruction that Slash had been doing but i felt they could have reached out to him. But I kind of wonder if the the turtles wheren't more sympathatic toward him because he was another mutant turtle and they felt alienated by him.

I think at this point the turtles are used to be unique and the only one of the kind. And crappy as it is that they are the only ones of their kind and how much they might resent that, it still makes up who they are and is really their identity that they are the only mutant turtles running around, and it makes them unique and perhaps special in a way as well. Now here is Slash another turtle that is mutant, and it shakes up their identity of being unique and special. So on top of all the other crap in their lives, now they don't even have the thought that they are unique either.

I think Slash makes the ninja turtles feel a little threatened by this. I mean in appearance Slash looks more like a turtle than the TMNT and is more in touch with its primitive origins. Unlike the turtles who seems to be more human than turtle. This must really hit them where they live to be reminded that they are more closely related to human than turtles.
  • Enter the Evil Ninja Turtle

This one is mainly just a fun episode it sort of a parody on Frankinstin. The new character Slash truely is the main star of this episode, you can say this is what the turtles would be like if they had a darkside. It's just really funny seeing this poor guy have a very short fuse he just loses his temper just destroying everything and creating anarchy in sight, being unintentionally rude to April O Neil (how the heck could she mistake him for them, I'll never know) as well as beating the crap out of the turtle and everyone else that bothers him. All because those idiots Bebop and Rocksteady as well as that idiot land developer won't give him his palm tree which is sort of like a psychological safety blanket to lach on to. The only flaw with this episode is the subplot which I personaly thought didn't really work or fit right. In fact it was kinda daft when you think about it, the land developer I personally think must be a real idiot if he thinks he can tear down sewers and build condos over them. That's got to be the dumbest archetecual mistake ever, heck even a four grader could point that out.

But that's a minor flaw that is easy to get past because were all too busy paying attention to Slash. Slash still remains one of the most memorable villans on Turtles.