Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)

The Maltese Hamster

Aired Unknown Oct 24, 1989 on CBS

• Donatello gets a shot a being a detective, yay!

7.6
    In The Maltese Hamster episode I noticed that this was the first time in the series where one of the turtles has an official stand alone episode where it was focused on only one of them, and that one turtle had to save the day. And it was given to Donatello! You know I always thought originally that Donatello was glossed over in the classic series and not given his due attention, but in just these three seasons I've realized that Donatello is pretty much top turtle. He get plenty of attention and his actually a rather developed character (as developed as comedy/action character can be). This was a good episode that i really liked, surprisingly I really hated this episode when i was a kid. When ever it came on I would be so disgusted that I'd watch something else. Now i thoroughly enjoy it. Its one of the best in this season. Although for some reason April's presence, was as usual rather forced in this episode. I would have enjoyed it better if Donatello was completely solo on this. Although she did come in handy when in the end when she melted that little statue with that ray gun.

Actually I was really surprised just how good a shot she was, and lying on her stomach to. If that where me i would have missed the statue all together and shot Shredder in the face Or screwed up completely and hurt my self with it. Makes you wonder just how the hell April was able to get that shot was cleanly even though she has no experience (I'm assuming) with fire-arms, especially those from Demintion X.