Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

A Tale of Master Yoshi

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Mar 04, 2006 on FOX

• See the Darker Side of Life...

This is the first episode of TMNT that I have seen, that was so beautifully bittersweet. It reminded me of Ruroni Kenshin in a way. Two men, raised like brothers, end up loving the same woman. And of course, one is stronger and more honorable than the other, it is only fitting that one would betray the other and go to the Dark Side. And what was truly amazing, was that in this usual comic show, they also show cold-blooded murder. I knew from the point that Hoshi and his bro first fell in love with Tenshin, that the relationship was going to have a bad ending. Hoshi\'s character, like that of Himura Kenshin, is excellent in fighting and is very powerful, but he makes the mistake of leaving his master before he\'s ready, and looses the life he could have had, as well as his innocence. But in the end, all things worked together for good, even if it did cost innocent lives.
    I think the writers meant for the story of have a aire similar to that of the show \"Ruroni Kenshin\" and the movies \"Samurai X\". They even showed it in the names. (Tenshin=Kenshin)

This was an excellent episode, with a questioning ending.