Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Bad Blood

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Dec 02, 2006 on FOX

• Our heroes meet their match: their evil twins.

7.9
    It took the writers forever, but I think they are finally starting to get the series back to its original characteristics, at least when it comes to the villains. It is about time too. Jammerhead and Triple Threat make me gag. They aren’t anything like the villains from the past four seasons. They aren’t cold or cunning, just stupid and annoying. Although I do have to admit, Darius is extremely cunning. All though his evil plans to destroy the turtles never works, he is always able to cover his trail. Sh'Okanabo is also a very dark and cold villain. He kind of reminds me of the Shredder. Speaking of Sh'Okanabo, it seems that he is about to become the proud owner of the time window. Maybe, just maybe, this will mean that our heroes will finally leave this future and go back home. Of course, given the summary of the next two episodes, I’m thinking that’s not going to happen for another ten years. Thanks a lot, 4kidstv! Anyway in this episode we are introduced to four new supper villains: the Dark Turtles who are four super evil clones of our heroes. Not only are they twisted from the originals, but they are stronger and smarter as well. I have to say, the Dark Turtles are starting to become my favorite villains. They are not only the evil version of our heroes, but they know their every move. I suppose that is why Cody had to save the guys. It was cool to have Serling act more like Cody’s body guard then his butler for a change. Hopefully, we will see more of that, and much, much, more of the Dark Turtles. There is one thing I didn’t understand though. If Fast Forward is aimed to younger children, then what is with all the language? “Suck eggs” and “You tongue looks like a pink booger” isn’t what I would call appropriated for seven year olds. While the writer have us stuck in this limo (possibly until the fall) it would be nice if they expanded on the turtle’s descendants. Yes, I know biologically they can’t have children (darn it!). But I’m sure they influenced some other young mutants. So where are they? If they exist, perhaps they can take care of little Cody, train him, and let our buddies go home. PLEASE!!