Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

DNA is Thicker Than Water

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Oct 06, 2007 on FOX

• Dark Leo makes admens, or does he?

Although I wrote this review after seeing "DNA is Thicker than Water on Youtube, I had to edit it after seeing "Head of State" last week. The two episodes coincides with each other. I'm not sure that Leo would have been able to give Dark Leo a chance if he hadn't seen the change in Bishop. Of course it was Leo's easiness to forgive that was almost the turtles' downfall. Although Dark Leo did try to destroy the turtles (again) you could really feel the turmoil within him. Trying so hard to fight the conflict within him; debating if he could really turn. Of course, he didn't at the end. Not because of his Nature but his Nature. The normal TMNT are who they are because they had a caring father. The dark turtles on the other hand, only had ruthless Dun. However, some of good Leo's nature did seem to rub off on dark Leo. He did share the steak with his bros so it is a start. With the direction that the writers are going, I could see the Dark Turtles overthrowing Daris and living with Cody when the others go home (poor Sterling!). Heck, they might even throw in a clone of Splinter to mentor them. I got mixed feelings about this. Personally, I think history should have only one group of good turtles. However, what would be cool is if only one or two of the Dark turtles turned good and had to battle their bros. Maybe they could even scarfice their lives to save the good turtles. Yet, I don't think this is the direction that the show is going to go. Does anyone else agree?