New tmnt Cartoon coming soon

NathanRoth

[1]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 16

Apparently the new teenage mutant ninja turtle cartoon is rumored to premiere on nickeloadean April 2011 but they are still jerking the fans around by not showing sneak previews yet.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NathanRoth

[2]Mar 7, 2011
    it might be a sneak peak stay tuned.

meeper22

[3]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 5

I will never forgive Nickelodeon if they make TMNT garbage.

NathanRoth

[4]Mar 9, 2011
    well see for yourself. here's the link www.dailyblam.com/.../2011/.../first-look-at-nickelodeons-new-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-animated-series

edmasterchaos

[5]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 41

Looks too square for my taste (and hugeass forearms are... weird, less weird than the feet though) but otherwise it looks cool, Michelangelo seems to have a different weapon here, no clue what it's called but i like it.

NathanRoth

[6]Mar 10, 2011
    he just has blades on his nunchucks.

edmasterchaos

[7]Mar 11, 2011

NathanRoth wrote:
    he just has blades on his nunchucks.
    No. Not at all. First off it's only one weapon, not two nunchucks and the chain is far too long for a nunchuck. It has a proper name, actually a weapon based on it showed up two episodes ago in Sym-Bionic Titan *checks*, Kusarigama.

Also another pic, same one but in different quality

NathanRoth

[8]Mar 11, 2011
    hey its better than grappling hook

BTRAV

[9]Mar 12, 2011
    • level: 27
    Yeah, seriously, why do people have issues with the nunchucks?

NathanRoth

[10]Mar 12, 2011
    i just hope they don't have any crappy crossovers like tmnt teams up with fanboy and chum chum or use stupid jokes like they do in icarly and that crap.

edmasterchaos

[11]Mar 13, 2011
    NathanRoth wrote:
    i just hope they don't have any crappy crossovers like tmnt teams up with fanboy and chum chum or use stupid jokes like they do in icarly and that crap.
    quewhaa? where's this coming from? i mean, honestly how can That be your worry? to do crossover with a random entirely unrelated show that just happens to be in the same network [fyi the only reason the horrible live action saturday morning show had a crossover with the epicsause Power Ranges in Space was because they were both made by the same people] or to have tween sitcom comedy? I think there's a big list of things that could go wrong in this show before those two really...

NathanRoth

[12]Mar 14, 2011
    its nickeloadean dude when was the last time they had a good series on even if the tmnt goes they will totally try to make it crap like the tmnt christmas sing alongs you remember that crap.

NathanRoth

[13]Mar 14, 2011
    make a list of what you think could go wrong

edmasterchaos

[14]Mar 14, 2011

Well, Penguins of madagascar is apparently decent. And Ren & Stimpy coming back is a good sign. Plus there's power rangers samurai, though that one is gray at the moment. Oh and of course, the best thing since 2000, Avatar: The Last Airbender which is getting an -at least- 26 episode sequel series made by the exact same people who made the original series with Nick having little influenses to how it will be so Bryke can make into an epic like they did b efore.

Also, it was the early 90s, TMNT was still god-tier franchise, can you really blame them for the hideous christmas special? it's just a shameful thing like Star Wars christmas, trying to get a very quick buck.

Why would Nick want to have that happen again? As we're seeing now the money for networks like Disney XD, CN and Nick lies in the edgy shows, CN and Disney XD are bringing many action shows into the table, Nick counters with Nostalgia factor, Power Rangers and TMNT, as well as Avatar as i mentioned and returning old Nicktoons. Right now the networks are making decisions that are good imo (Symbionic titan? Generator Rex? Young Justice? The Avengers? all awesome) and finally, iCarly is an awesome tween sitcom. Pretty hilarious even if it runs mostly on dirty humor. In my opinion at least.

Things that could go wrong:

1.- Censored violence. As they're still ninja weapons we could see them just go around the cutting and stabbing properly, though of course at this time and age it could be well done or we could actually see Leonardo cut stuff.

2.- Have a bad original storyline. Like the movie (good almost everything but the story) we could get some generic plot for the TMNT rather than basing them on the comics.

3.- Bad voice acting. Yeah.

4.- Bad animation.

5.- Horrible air times and dates.

6.- Bad scripts.

7.- The whole tone of the show could be as lighthearted as the 80s cartoon people remember. Doesn't sound bad, but, that feel in these years is bound to fail.

8.- Not having tons of the secondary characters of TMNT.

9.- Romantic plot tumor.

10.- Generic score.

Edited on 03/14/2011 10:10pm

NathanRoth

[15]Mar 15, 2011
    not to mentions nick likes the hole teen drama crap.But i heard from an email from dan berger one of the writers for the mirage comic that the artist has been a fan since the begging of mirage.

edmasterchaos

[16]Mar 15, 2011
    NathanRoth wrote:
    not to mentions nick likes the hole teen drama crap.But i heard from an email from dan berger one of the writers for the mirage comic that the artist has been a fan since the begging of mirage.
    *facepalm* that, just, teen dramas have been there since, wow, 80s? 70s? nothing wrong with a network having a block of them if they sell. Anyway, where did you read that? Guess it's comforting to know that the key animator knows his TMNT and Dan supports him.

NathanRoth

[17]Mar 16, 2011
    i doubt nickeloadean is that stupid that they would exclude secondary character like april and casey or even splinter.but i do think they would be stupid enought to put in as many stupid crossovers as teenick has been doing forever.

edmasterchaos

[18]Mar 16, 2011

NathanRoth wrote:
    i doubt nickeloadean is that stupid that they would exclude secondary character like april and casey or even splinter.

but i do think they would be stupid enought to put in as many stupid crossovers as teenick has been doing forever.

Nooooooooooooooo. Those are in, obviously. =.='' i meant like Baxter Stockman, Karai, Leatherhead, Savanti Romero, Hun, all those alien races, Professor Honeycut, Miyamoto Usagi, etc.

and when the hell have they even done a crossover? seriously, all i can think of is that movie with the thornberries and rugrats and the nicktoons video games. Also it is spelled Enough, no t.

NathanRoth

[19]Mar 16, 2011
    i would like to see a more darker bebop and rocksteady this time affilated with Hun

NathanRoth

[20]Mar 16, 2011
    i heard that this show was going to be a hybrid the 1987 series and 2003 series.