Submission/Forum Guidelines

RaijinPaladinix

[1]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 52

QUOTES:

• A quote should be a line that is either humorous, dramatic, or something that you would remember that catches your attention. And it shouldn't just be any line, like characters asking what the weather's like, saying hello, or someone shouting, "Fire weapons!"
    • To be correctly formatted, names of characters must be bolded (Not the colon!) Then make ONE space between the colon and the start of the quoted line. And if a character says more than one sentence, only one space between sentences. And with the "..." for when a character trails off and resumes speaking, make sure you have one space after that before the line resumes.
    • All action that is not spoken should be italicized, but the parentheses aren't to be italicized.
    • Make sure everything is spelled correctly. Capitalization and punctuation are to be included as well.
    • Use proper sentence structure. Know when to add a subordinating conjunction in a complex sentence. Do not leave any compound sentence without a comma, conjuction, or a semicolon. A run-on sentence is not acceptable. I do expect proper punctuation to be used at all times, so don't think you're off the hook for leaving out a comma.
    • Also, let's try to keep quotes as less cumbersome as possible. Instead of putting "Agent Bishop" or "Darius Dun" (you get the idea) every line, simple "Bishop" and "Darius" should be used. We know who these characters are.

(The Turtles attack Shredder.)

Leonardo: This is the final battle, Shredder!

Shredder: No, I think not. Even though you have the Sword of Tengu, your lives will be depleted at this very moment.

Raphael: I can take you, Shredder; I've beaten you before.

NOTES/TRIVIA/ALLUSIONS:

• A note involves facts about the show (not anything involving characters and the plot!!) If this episode was aired on a special airing, was it part of a marathon, exclusive actor info relevant to the episode, etc.
    • A trivia blurb is a goof (something wrong in the episode, like a character says something contradicting, or a plothole, etc.)
    • An allusion is a reference to arts, geography, literature, politics, etc. in the show that came from outside the show. Here's how you would submit an allusion (an example):

Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Bishop: There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

This was a quote by the American President Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

SUMMARIES/RECAPS:

• A summary should be a quick, brief description that happens in the episode. All of the episodes on this guide have summaries that are nice, quick, and don't give away spoilers that would ruin a plot. Usually anything longer than a short paragraph would be a synopsis. Use common sense. If this is an important detail, would you have wanted to read it before the premiere?
    • A recap is far more detailed, describing the episode from beginning to end. It should easily at the least (if not more) be twice the summary's size. It should not just take the summary and describe it a little bit more, but actual sequence of plot from the very beginning to where the credits roll.
    • If you're going to edit a summary/recap's contents, don't just take sentences and rearrange them. Or take a compound sentence and make it two sentences. Undoing a contraction, or just rewriting the summary/recap to where it basically has the exact same words, just one or two words changed or rearranged in a sentence. A grammar correction occurs when something incorrect with subject-verb agreement or some usage mechanics are wrong. Or using 'There are' and 'there is' incorrectly with the noun's singularity or plurality.

FORUM RULES:

• Don't make threads about telling where you can watch this show online, posting links (YouTube and similar sites where TV shows can be viewed) and such. Most of that is copyrighted and shouldn't be advertised here.
    • And don't fight, flame, troll, spam. Be adults and accept others' ideas. Individuality is a virtue.
    • Yes, I know TMNT Fast Forward was not a popular move on 4Kids' part, but we don't need 40 threads complaining about it. One is sufficient.
    Edited on 08/16/2008 6:44pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaijinPaladinix

[2]Nov 23, 2008

There should only be one episode for "City Under Siege." Because of the refusal to rid the "upgraded" site of the bugs, when I rejected a plagiarized episode and a duplicate of the same one from a user, it didn't reject it and posted it instead.

Let me note that you shouldn't copy n' paste your sources, write it in your own words. This isn't Wikipedia.

If you're going to be adding new episodes, use the two duplicated (second and third) "City Under Siege" episodes for that.

RaijinPaladinix

[3]Jul 11, 2009

As I've said before, quotes should be meaningful. Saturating quote sections on episodes merely for the sake of adding quotes is ridiculous and dilutes the purpose of having the opportunity to add quotes to begin with. Let's reiterate quotes:

1. Quotes should be meaningful additions and point out clever writing, whether through irony, humor, or drama in the script.

2. Thus, common lines by characters (see first post) (ex. Shredder: The world is mine to rule.) are not meaningful quotes.

3. If you submit a quote (or any other kind of submission), please do not ask me to correct a word. You're on the Internet. There are online dictionaries out there.

4. Monologues (prologues especially). If they are relevant to the information of the episode's plot, yes. But an ideological, random rant... no.

5. Use common sense. If an episode has twelve to fifteen quotes already, it probably already has the majority of anything quoteworthy out of the script already there. Submitting quotes should be to help the episode look exciting and appealing, not cumbersome and weighed down with common quotes.

RaijinPaladinix

[4]Jun 2, 2011
    This is the link to where you learn how to make a quote properly formatted. The xHTML formatting has been around for quite some time. I'm tired of having to explain to users even up to level 20 how to make quotes, please adopt some responsibility as a contributor. Thanks.

http://www.tv.com/tv.com-user-submission-support/notes-on-the-new-strong-em-tags-for-submissions/topic/79302-1170643/msgs.html?tag=content;main