The end of a broadcasting era for TMNT and 4Kids TV on Fox.

Writerpatrick

[21]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 13
    I get the impression that this could be the last season of TMNT for a while. But as with Spiderman, Batman and Superman it's certain to return with a new series. It's just that the stories are getting tired and this hasn't been the best season.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OmegaForteGS

[22]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 10
    I disagree. I think this is better than Fast Forward and better than most of season 4.

brandonmiller63

[23]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 3

I am glad and sad at the same time.

I hate the fact that FOX has given up on Saturday morning cartoons. This is what I grew up on and it feels like a little peice of my childhood is gone. I can remember watching the first ever airing of X-men and Power Rangers.

On the other hand, FOX was notorious for butchering some good shows. The thing that would drive me crazy is they would show a couple of new episodes and then replay them. After replaying them, they may show one or two new episodes and then repeat again. By now, you have seen the same few episodes so many times that it makes you sick. I think this is why some of the good shows were cancelled early. People would get bored with the same episodes and just stop watching. They were also notorious for calling a so-so episode the season finale and the real season finale would be played off like a normal episode. TMNT was plagued by this (I can't tell you how many times I seen the first episode of TMNT: FF). Other shows fell victim to this as well, anybody remember One Peice.

FOX was also bad about switching the times for the shows. One week it was 9am, next 10am, and then the next 830am. It was horrible to keep up with.

I also agree with the one of the previous bloggers, that ending shows without proper finales(Spiderman heading off to find Mary Jane comes to mind) is a bad practice. No wonder no one wanted to watch anything on FOX because who would want to start watching something that will just leave you hanging in the end.

Anyway, who ever picked what episodes would air and when they would air should be fired. If they have already been fired, then no one else should hire the guy.

OmegaForteGS

[24]Mar 7, 2009
    Great/decent animated shows with cliffhanger endings or bad endings:
    - TMNT BTTS, was kinda dissapointed.
    - Spiderman TAS -> Cliffhanger
    - Spiderman Unlimited -> Cliffhanger
    - Sonic SAtam -> Cliffhanger
    - X-Men TAS, didn't like the new art(last season) and the final episode, but it was at least way better than X-Men Evolution....

I also think that animation studios should NOT make cliffhanger endings unless they are 100% sure that their contract for a new season gets renewed.

RaizenYusuke

[25]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 28
    You didn't like the X-Men series finale? I thought it was a great way to end the series(aside from the new animation). Spider-Man it did not bug me as much because aside from MJ not being found on screen there wasn't much to tie up. Spider-Man Unlimited, and Sonic I agree with they litery ended with a new threat rising at the end of the episode. TMNT I did not like the episode as a series finale, a season finale it was good, but the end of season 5 was a more fitting series finale for taste. I hope we get another season, but my hopes are low.

NathanRoth

[26]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 16
    will turtles forever still be coming out on dvd or televisoin still or is that gonna be lost piece of turtle history just like the fifth turtle.doe it also meen venus might appear in future turtle series.

BTRAV

[27]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 27
    That'd be up to Nick, I suppose. As for the crossover special, aren't 4Kids and Mirage still working that out?

RaizenYusuke

[28]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 28
    When I heard that Nick bought the rights I thought that meant perhaps a return of Venus.

NathanRoth

[29]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 16
    who here thinks Nickeloadean is gonna kill ninja turtles whaen the new show starts. fox killed almost with the next mutation the only villian in that show i liked was dragon lord and thats it.

BTRAV

[30]Mar 12, 2010
    We'll just have to wait and find out.

OmegaForteGS

[31]Mar 14, 2010
    As long as they get good writers and animators like those form Avatar and not those from Spongebob, then I will be game ^^

Adv193

[32]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 23

Agreed after seeing Avatar myself, and having high hopes for the Last Airbender movies.

Probably the thing that killed these shows on Saturday mornings is not only with shows that ended on cliffhanger endings (Which I detest greatly), but also 4Kids own butchered anime. I mean, while One Piece is truly a great series, 4Kids Entertainment butchered it by making alot of unnecessary edits that didn't have anything to do with censorship standards, such as bad jokes, replacing the opening theme and other original music, removing all references to non-American culture (The french names in Sanji's attacks, or the Japanese rice balls), removing story arcs that were part of the original manga storyline (though Little Garden was probably something they had to do because of the level of Violence such as Zoro (aka Zolo) tried to cut off his feet). I notice that other than One Piece, Yu-gi-oh is also the only other 4Kids property that was criticized for the heavy censorship.

Lets hope that Nickelodeon does not due anything to this new series that makes it worse, since at least the 2003 series was one of 4Kids few successes when compared to their lousy reputation.

BTRAV

[33]Apr 17, 2010
    There was also Tokyo Mew Mew which they redubbed Mew Mew Power, and they weren't allowed to finish it because they did such a bad job with it. They renamed all the characters and put more emphasis on their relationships rather than saving the environment.