TMNT: Back in The Sewers

BTRAV

[81]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 27
    And now they're stuck with Serling.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

superSokka

[82]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 7
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

All we know is that Mikey convinced Viral to send them to a timeline close to their present by saying how dangerous it was(after watching it a second time I could hear him say Shredder) So my guess is Viral took the Utrom Shredder and Tengu Shredder from the past and put them in the future of the present timeline which would explain how the red hair guy and Cyber Shredder already knew of the Turtles. Utrom Shredder upon returning probably took control of the Foot again and sent them to destroy the Cyber Foot and Cyber Shredder for being a impostor(irony) Tengu Shredder probably joined the battle to kill the two impostors who stole his name. Tengu Shredder was probably weak because the Utrom Shredder and Cyber Shredder both being alive and having claim on his name greatly reducing his power, if Karai was still alive put not present at the fight that makes three people with the Shredder name which would explain why his power was reduced to mortal levels. The three Shredders fought for the title of the true Shredder, but when the Turtles came the prize became killing them. That's my take on the alternate present.

Once Don weakened Viral and took control of the Time window my guess is this timeline won't happen. Now Cyber Shredder seems like a program the Utrom Shredder set up before his final defeat (probably a virus) that has his personality and thought patterns so when Viral tried to take control of it the program over ridden her and created a new Cyber Shredder. I'm completely guessing on the new Cyber Shredder so it probably isn't correct.

OK, I agree with some of this, but when viral took the turtles to the "not so distant future", I don't believe she had any idea that the 3rd Shredder was her. I don't have a better idea as to why the comp shredder icon was able to take her over, so that I will agree with. To suggest that Viral had the capability to snatch the Shredders from their time-lines that they existed in and place them in a new time-line ahead of the turtles so they'd be caught in a triple Shredder match and at the same time placing the turtles in that time-line is a little complicated for me. I just took that to be an genuine, untampered with time-line. Well, until the turtles landed there.

macabre190788

[83]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 26
    So we already know about episode 2 of this season(Karate Schooled). Episode 3 is titled "Something Wicked" and will air saturday 27th September. I hope they keep airing them right after another like that. "Something Wicked" will have the Turtles heading into cyberspace in order to save Splinter. I know, it's not much info right now.

Fekul_the_Baby

[84]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 15

Well, first up, it took me a couple of weeks to get used to the new animation. It's fairly reminiscent of the eighties series (eyeballs!), though with more animae-ish overtones (note the facial expressions and April's new more waifish look). Secondly, it's interesting that Viral unwittingly created a grandfather paradox by releasing the Utrom Shredder's planted virus and turning herself into the Cyber-Shredder present in the dystopian future she showed the boys.

Note April's line about Casey coming back to "our place" covered in blood. This would imply they are now living together, perhaps already married, during the interim.

So is the Shredder in Ch'rell's the Rogue's armor Ch'rell himself? Or has Karai taken up her father's armor again to defend his honor?

Will Serling meet up with Bishop, in this time, and be surprised to see what a monster the man he voted for in the future is?

Can't the Turtles seek help from Lord Simultaneous and Renet the Timestress in saving their sensei and father?

Though exposed as a fraud and exiled, Darius Dun is still a threat in the future, isn't he? Unless the Turtles can do something on their end...maybe tweak a few words in some founding document, maybe put in a clause to see that, decades from now, Darius doesn't get control of the company or guardianship of Cody....

Edited on 09/21/2008 12:11am

RaizenYusuke

[85]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 28
    Well looks like part of my theory was right, the Cyber Shredder seems to have the Utrom Shredder's thought patterns. Also the Foot were disbanded meaning Karai's truce was permant after all.

OmegaForteGS

[86]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    I just don't get Khaan. This episode kinda proves that he also served the Utrom Shredder. But why would a warrior like Khaan, who is superior to Utrom Shredder (Combat wise) be his servant?

RaizenYusuke

[87]Sep 21, 2008
    OmegaForteGS wrote:
    I just don't get Khaan. This episode kinda proves that he also served the Utrom Shredder. But why would a warrior like Khaan, who is superior to Utrom Shredder (Combat wise) be his servant?
    Well it depends the Utrom Shredder may have been superior to Khaan before he left. Khaan is devoted to him like Hun and Karai were.

OmegaForteGS

[88]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    Unless he never tested his own power against the Utrom Shredder, thus thinking Utrom Shredder being stronger....

I wonder if Karai & Hun will take Cyber Shredder's side.....
    Unless Utrom Shredder also returns as seen in the first episode ;P

RaizenYusuke

[89]Sep 21, 2008
    Khaan's high skill level is most likely recent. I can't believe Shredder wouldn't send someone like him to kill the turtles if he was always that skilled. It has been like 2 years since the Utrom Shredder's fall that's a lot of time to improve.

brandonmiller63

[90]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 3

I think the timeline is an unaltered time line. I would imagine the same fight that we seen with the three shredders will happen later. I bet it will be the season finale. I think that sometime in this season, we will see cyber shredder escape, utrom shredder escape from the planet he was exiled too, and tengu shedder be resurrected.

I do have one idea that would be interesting concerning tengu shredder. Kari absorbed a lot of his spirit during the battle with him, so the new tengu shredder may be using Kari's body. This is similar to what he did with the original Oroko Saki. This is just an idea and I don't know if it will happen this way or not, but it would be cool.

Also concerning Khan thinking he killed the turtles already, maybe in a previous episode he appears to kill them, but they are just in hiding. I would assume that right after the turtles got back to their own time, the turtles from the same time as the fight would appear and kick everyone's tail. This is just another idea and may or may not happen.

Anyway does anyone else agree or have other thoughts on what may happen?

BTRAV

[91]Sep 22, 2008
    I don't know about you guys, but since this is 4Kids I couldn't help but thinking "Master Khaan" = Al Kahn. But seriously as for how the whole Shredder thing will turn out, I'm more concerned about Master Splinter and Viral/Cyber Shredder being stuck in cyberspace and either one of them making it back into the real world alive.

melbye80

[92]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 33
    My guess is when they manage to free Splinter form cyberspace they also release Viral Shredder.

RaizenYusuke

[93]Sep 22, 2008
    melbye80 wrote:
    My guess is when they manage to free Splinter form cyberspace they also release Viral Shredder.
    That sounds like what will probably happen.

BTRAV

[94]Sep 24, 2008
    Right now I've got the BTTS theme stuck in my head for no reason. Is that a good or a bad sign? I don't necessarily mind it since it's the one I voted for. Sorry for this little bit of randomness.

aprilsfan

[95]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 3

episode 4 scheduled to air on oct 4th

the engagement ring : Casey and Raph head to Chinatown to find an engagement ring for April. They find one, all right. Too bad it has dark, transformational powers. Powers that are of interest to Hun and the Purple Dragons as well.

RaizenYusuke

[97]Sep 27, 2008
    Looks like I was right about the Cyber Shredder being a progarm with the thought patterns and personality of the Utrom Shredder, set up as back up. We finally got to see the Cyber Shredder fight and he was pretty good IMO. His style was sort of a mix between Tengu and Utrom Shredders, with the fighting style being Utrom Shredder but the cyber powers making him like the Tengu Shredder.

The fight between the turtles and Shredder was great, it really did feel like they were fighting their old arch enemy(that's to be expected since he's just a copy). Tengu Shredder was cool but he never saw the turtles as his enemies he saw them as minor bugs. Karai made it personal and she was great Shredder to but she defently different from her father(not saying that's bad thing though). Don is becoming obessed with saving Splinter since he sees it as his fault, this reminds me of when Leo went all Raph when he thought he let his family down. Great to see this change in personality will be all season long. Great episode can't wait to see next week's episode.

Best quote: Raph: How came every time meet you become harder to beat than last time?

BTRAV

[99]Sep 29, 2008
    Gah! Now every time they say "digital world" I'm gonna think of Digimon! Which is what I write cross-over fics with.

BTRAV

[100]Oct 2, 2008
    Also, it gets me every time one of them yells "Father!" instead of just "Master Splinter" or "Sensei." It's sweet.