would TMNT be better if not on 4kids?

TMNThottie

[1]Dec 18, 2006
    • level: 10
    face it they suck i know it and you know it look everywhere they suck and everybody knows it they take great shows like onepeice, ultimate muscle, shaman king, and even that weird food one and take out all the blood and gore and action that most people come to love, even kids watch that stuff they took all the good stuff out of shaman kind and onepiece, im not sure about ultimate muscle though so would ninja turtles the greatest show in the world have more action and violance in CN, NIC, or WB??? (cartoon network, nicolodian,{cant spell NIC worth crap} and kids WB?)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nofear777

[2]Dec 18, 2006
    • level: 6

I have to say I'm definitely not into the other shows on 4Kids (BratZ, Stigma 6, Viva Pinatas and all that other - uh...- junk.) But I'm not sure that it's 4kids fault for the lack of violence. I don't see, either, what the big whoop about blood and gore is. It would be nice if when stabbing and injuries do occur, we get physical evidence instead of straining our eyes over the screen wondering why the character we're watching is suffering when it looks like they don't even have a scratch. But Adding blood and gore for sake of just having lots of blood and gore to throw around isn't what makes a show a good show. If it helps the plot, then ok, if not... what's the freakin' point?

If the show wasn't on 4kids, the sad reality is that it probably wouldn't be on at all. I think it's a great show, there are some things I don't like (ie. the lack of blood when appropriate) but Cartoon Network dropped showing reruns. Even though I'm not sure why, I suspect they believed it wasn't bringing in viewers because it is a what? Y-& rated show? It has specifics it has to meet.

Edited on 12/18/2006 6:37pm

BTRAV

[3]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 27
    "Baghdad Mew Mew, Not-WITCH, Sonic Yuck, Kruddy: Right Back Up Yours, The Crap Twins, and out of nowhere a true-to-the-original Ninja Turtles."
    I really think this show like so many others is just another example of 4Kids "milking it for all it's worth."

melbye80

[4]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 33
    Even though they screwed over Justice League the last couple of years, i think Cartoon Network would be better

kerfootw

[5]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 14
    I don't know.  It's perfect just the way it was (especially to make it my second favorite cartoon ever) but now that I think about it, I should've seen something like FF coming.  I mean come on, a dark TMNT cartoon by those softies at 4Kids?  Kind of weird if you think about it some more, you know?

NinjaTurtleFan

[6]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 5
    I think it's just great that there are Turtles cartoons on now. The original was from 1987, and here we go again starting in 2003. That's a nice time already. It might not be 20 years of TMNT, but that's great. Be thankful that it's own, and it is surviving. I did like Sonic X, but that just kept on getting boring. They were always after the stupid gems. There was nothing else to it. I think it's perfect where it is.

Annihilator16

[7]Dec 20, 2006

Nofear777 wrote:
    If the show wasn't on 4kids, the sad reality is that it probably wouldn't be on at all. I think it's a great show, there are some things I don't like (ie. the lack of blood when appropriate) but Cartoon Network dropped showing reruns. Even though I'm not sure why, I suspect they believed it wasn't bringing in viewers because it is a what? Y-& rated show? It has specifics it has to meet.

The reason why CN dropped the reruns of TMNT was because it got very low ratings.

If a Kids' WB version of TMNT  had been created, it would have been a disaster because the Kid's WB excecutives wanted it to be a light kid-friendly program.

To prove my point, here is the early concept art for the Kid's WB TMNT April, it was done by Warner Brothers Animation:

It was a good for TMNT to be on 4Kids, the program was excellent until unfortunately the Playmates Toys excecutives got involved and ordered the creation of Fast Forward.

Edited on 12/21/2006 12:00am

aprilsfan

[8]Dec 21, 2006
    • level: 3
    hey annilator it's nice to see you posting again  

rickler2

[9]Dec 23, 2006
    Sadly.. American TV is always rated A for /anal mothers against violent and anti-prudeness/.

Even when the shows aren't sent over open airwaves American TV is set for children. Please think of the teens and adults!

Orpheus2017

[10]Mar 20, 2007
    Who's with me in saying that this series should be moved to Adult Swim, that FF should be burned from memory, and that all the other cartoons that were cut because of their logical maturity should be given also to Adult Swim; its about time they had enough shows to showcase on weeknights instead of reruns of Inuyasha.

superSokka

[11]Mar 21, 2007
    • level: 7
    I 2nd that motion and am more than ready to sign a petition!

melbye80

[12]Mar 21, 2007
    • level: 33
    Although i think Turtles would be better on CN, they just cancelled the new Fantastic Four show after six episodes. It seems CN is a little bit trigger-happy

superSokka

[13]Mar 21, 2007
    Thats true, but Fantastic Four was on Toonami not Adultswim.

Farlight

[14]Mar 22, 2007

superSokka wrote:
    I 2nd that motion and am more than ready to sign a petition!
    Me too!

RoseRed1956

[15]Mar 23, 2007
    Orpheus2017 wrote:
    Who's with me in saying that this series should be moved to Adult Swim, that FF should be burned from memory, and that all the other cartoons that were cut because of their logical maturity should be given also to Adult Swim; its about time they had enough shows to showcase on weeknights instead of reruns of Inuyasha.

I have to say that I am against a move to cable only showings since I do not get cable, and while I might possibly be in the minority, I know that I am not the only one in this situation. If the turtles were only on cable, I would not be able to enjoy them at all, unless I happened to find the dvd's, when they finally get around to selling them.

superSokka

[16]Mar 23, 2007
    You could always go to your neighbors house.

karaisninja

[17]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 4
    I love the show! Who gives the ratings anyway? If we did, that would be something different

TKnHappyNess

[18]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 20
    Everytime 4Kids gets their hands on something, expect it to be heavily edited and screwed up. That's how it goes with them.

Farlight

[19]Mar 23, 2007

TKnHappyNess wrote:
    Everytime 4Kids gets their hands on something, expect it to be heavily edited and screwed up. That's how it goes with them.

Okay cool, but they didn't screwup TMNT2003 until now? So it can't be all bad, they just need to screw there headsback the rightway

Orpheus2017

[20]Mar 23, 2007

Sorry it took me so long to write back, I have the worst work schedule; I completely understand your reluctance to buy cablejust to watch this show, but with Adult Swim if it gets high enough ratings, they eventually come out with a box set; none of this spend 20 bucks just for 3 friggin' episodes, I got The Boondocks and I haven't stop laughing for three months. What my intention for that was to explore the idea of them having enough shows to get their own channel,like it was speculated once. On free TV, we are at the merciless will of so-called family groups                ( i.e. MOTHERS AND FATHERS WHO HAVE CHILDREN BUT COULDN'T GET LAID IN A MORGUE organinization.) that seek to destroy shows like this, and thats why FF is considered a actual season.