Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Graduation Day: Class of 2105

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Mar 24, 2007 on FOX

• When Mikey takes his slacking to far he may pay the consequences for it

7.9
    This one dealt with his lack of focus, and childishness. This one is pretty awsome too since it deals with a diffrent aspect of Mikey's lack odf disaplign that doesn't involve his humilty issues (aka: him bragging about his acomplishments and rubbing his brother faces in it) but his unhealthy addiction to video games that keeps him from functioning as a member of the the team and acting like a proper ninja. It was also cool to see his all his brothers be on Michaelangelo's side and defend him to Splinter when Splinter didn't want to promote him for missing the test. Which is something I wouldn't have expected in the normal 2k3 series. I fully expected them to give him a hard time over it brush him off for being a slacker, so it was nice to see all of them (even Raph) fight so hard to see Michaelangelo given another chance to pass. It wasn't as dramatic as Grudge Match and the sitution was not as dire or hard hitting, but it still was pretty interesting to see Mikey go through all of huis brothers tests to get his nunchuckes back, so the story had a great premise that I would expect from the classic 2k3 series, even though it was delived in a much more light hearted manner that focused maostly on the humour expect. Though I thought it had a great emotinal impact that was the core of Mikey's issues with him being the one holding himself back, not the games he was playing. I also thought it was neat that in this episode Donatello that appeared to have the most insight into what Mikey's problem was more so than his other brothers.
  • When Mikey fails to show up for his exam, Splinter gives him an ultimatum: either take a series of three tests, or fail to move up to Chuunin with his brothers.

5.5
    Does anyone else besides me think that the future is a really bad influence on Mikey? Mikey has become lazier and focusing his attention on video games instead of training. Biology all the turtles may be the same age, but to me Mikey is the unofficial little brother. Luckily with the help of his older brothers, Mikey was able to move rank. More importantly, he learns that he has to start devoting his energy to his training and not to his video games. While I did find this episode boring (no villain at all??) I got to admit, the writers did manage to show some character development. I just hope it shows in future episodes.